Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Silver Horizons

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 6,857,298

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Gunblade Master
    Second Skill: Mecha Primordial Slayer
    Third Skill:

Silver Horizons Empty Silver Horizons

Post by Mercury Arseneault 3rd October 2019, 11:23 pm

Mercury Banner
    Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects
    and discovering other peoples' weaknesses.
    Well, this was quite the climb.

In the short time that Mercury had been on Earthland, she was fascinated by the variety of seasons she’d run into. It was completely different from the stark place she’d been born and raised. However, her feelings were a bit mixed going up the wintery slope that was currently at her feet. The snow was utterly gorgeous, blanketing the land in a soft powder that glittered like diamonds in the light. The view was utterly breathtaking.

However, the reality of tromping through snow was much less fantastic. Mud and grim clung to her boots and, if she wasn’t careful about how she stepped, flipped up onto her pants. The Xocili grumbled in annoyance every time another dark spot appeared on her pants, stopping to brush it off in the hopes that stains would not set if she got rid of the mess quickly. Mercury greatly disliked being dirty, able to tolerate it in small doses but too much prolonged exposure to filth was a quick way to make her grumpy.

Her trek up the mountainside was of far greater importance than her desire to be clean, unfortunately. She had learned that there was a wizard guild at the peak that was well known for their research into magic, technology, and other such things. As a woman who knew little to nothing about Fiore’s culture, the opportunity to learn more was too enticing to pass up. Along the way she had been stopped by a pack of wolves, who watched her with steady curiosity. There had been a brief moment where she’d wondered if they might attack her, but soon they turned up the mountain and looked back at her expectantly. It hadn’t taken her long to realize that they were leading her toward her destination, so she followed.

Eventually, she reached the top. The young woman turned and thanked the wolves, bowing to them respectfully with her head until they ran back out into the woods. She entered through the doors to find herself in a foyer of sorts that was illuminated by golden lacrimas. Not wanting to leave tracks on the carpet from the muddied snow she’d picked up, she kicked as much of the stuff off as possible just outside the door.

Anyone looking upon her would find a woman that appeared to be in her early twenties. She had lavender hair that was shorter in the back than it was in the front, and aside from the spots she’d kicked up outside from nature her clothes were pristine and on the trendy side. On her hip in open view was what appeared to be an oversized pistol of sorts, safely holstered away as she had no intentions of being a source of hostility in this place. She observed the lobby through vivid emerald eyes that took in everything she could see before greeting someone that looked approachable.

“Hi there, I apologize if I’m intruding, I’m just hoping you can point me in the right direction,” she said with a small but kind smile. Her voice was soft, and slightly on the deep side. “I’m new to the area and was informed that this guild was known for their expansive library and research facilities. I was interested in finding out more about what accesses are available to the general public, or if there’s a way I could take on a membership of some sort..?”
    This is a place to put all your notes! You can list your battle stats here, lyrics from a song, OOC information to pass along to other people in the thread with you. Honestly you know what you want to do with this section already, I'm just bullshitting some words to fill out the space.

WORDS: 578/578 | @TAGGED
    Serilda Sinclair

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Nemean Lion
    Position : Saint of Courage
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Silver Wolf [Guild Master]
    Cosmic Coins : 215
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 11,529,025

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Wind Strike Magic
    Second Skill: Wind Summon Magic
    Third Skill:

Silver Horizons Empty Re: Silver Horizons

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 5th October 2019, 1:58 pm

-Silver Wolf Guild Hall, Guild Mistress' Office-

Wearing her green-and-gold outfit with Argent Gloves, Leona was in her office reading over yet another letter from home; this time it was a letter from her mother. In it Sophia told Leona about Kemal's bookshop in the Tri-Council City and how it was the Wizard Saint's best chance to find a book on the Muserian language of Desierto. Despite the good news, there was a problem with the letter.

Sophia wanted to go with Leona to the Tri-Council City on a mother-daughter trip.

That idea frightened Leona a lot more than any of her adventures to date. She already knew what the ulterior motive of that trip was. Sophia wanted to catch Leona alone so that she could harangue her daughter about her lifestyle and about how she needed to give up the dangerous life of a Wizard Saint to return home and have children to repopulate Nebdoui. Leona would not have any of it. She had already mentally reviewed the issue and stuck by her initial assessment that she should not be forced to give up her life to go back to a village that may or may not survive the year.

Leona frowned as she re-read the letter. She already knew what was going to happen should she accept the "offer" but felt like she should at least hear her mother out. Maybe she should try to convince Sophia that she could do more for Nebdoui as a Wizard Saint than she could as a housewife. That would be quite the endeavor. Retaking the iron mine alone would be a lot easier than changing Sophia Jarnefeldt's mind on the subject of the "propriety" of Leona giving up the dangerous life of a mage to return home and have children.

Leona sensed a new magical signature and felt overjoyed. She set the letter on her desk and did not even bother to push her chair in before walking briskly away to the guild hall lobby. The blonde was glad for the distraction from the unrelenting pressure her mother put on her to return home.

-Silver Wolf Guild Hall, lobby-

Leona entered the lobby to find a well-dressed young woman with short lavender hair and a demeanor that radiated ambition. Silver Wolf always had a need for ambitious mages. When the young woman inquired about the possibility of getting a membership, that was the cue to introduce herself.

"Hi there. I'm Leona Jarnefeldt, Guild Mistress of Silver Wolf!" Leona introduced herself to the lavender-haired young woman.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Silver Horizons KjmbioC

Golden Lacrima is valid until 10/10/2024. The General Store: Page 10, Post Number 244 (Request), Page 10, Post Number 245 (Approval)
    Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 7th October 2019, 12:23 pm

Mercury Banner
    She was greeted by a young blonde woman that was only a couple inches shorter than herself. The woman introduced herself, explaining that she was the one in charge of the guild Mercury had found her way toward. It was a bit of a surprise. It wasn’t often that she wandered into an establishment and the first person she met was the one running the place.

Mercury smiled at the woman pleasantly. “Mistress Jarnefeldt, it’s an honor to meet you.” She offered Leona a professional handshake. “My name is Mercury Arseneault. I’m new to the area, only been in Fiore for a few months. I’ve been looking for a place to settle for a while that might help me adapt to the culture here. Silver Wolf seems like it could be a good fit for me. Do you have time to give me some information about the guild and what you look for and expect of potential members?”

It was clear that Mercury was a fairly straight to business kind of woman, though not in an unfriendly fashion. She’d left out an awful lot of details regarding her background, but given that her words were still fully truthful there was no deceit to be had. The lavender haired lady simply wasn’t one to pour out the intricacies of her life to a complete stranger.
    This is a place to put all your notes! You can list your battle stats here, lyrics from a song, OOC information to pass along to other people in the thread with you. Honestly you know what you want to do with this section already, I'm just bullshitting some words to fill out the space.

WORDS: 230/808 | @Leona Jarnefeldt
    Serilda Sinclair

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 7th October 2019, 11:11 pm

Leona took the offered hand and shook it. The young woman's name was Mercury Arsenault and she was a recent arrival to Fiore who was not quite familiar with the place just yet. Leona knew what that was like... it had been a little over two years since her arrival in Fiore and the blonde was still trying to get used to living outside the desert. Leona's focus switched from Mercury's unfamiliarity with Fiore to something that the blonde was familiar with, namely what Silver Wolf did and what it expected of its members.

"Silver Wolf focuses on the study of magic in order to better understand how magic can be used in everyday life. For example, if you've come across armor or weapon enhanced with magic, that's an application of magic that we study. But here you don't just study it. You actually get to gather the ingredients for a weapon that you make so that you get firsthand knowledge of how the process works." Leona explained the guild's primary mission to Mercury, throwing in an actual example of how guild members could apply knowledge gleaned from their studies in a form that they could see and feel. Leona learned quite a bit about magical ingredients and how they could be used to endow weapons with special effects when she made her Nightshade Machete several months ago. It was a crudely made weapon, but it was able to inflict extra damage to plant life such as the pumpkin beasts during the Night of Eternal Darkness incident on Celestial Sanctum. It also served as a good weapon in close-quarters combat against human adversaries.

"We have a secondary focus on studying technology. We also study ancient languages, which tends to come in handy when exploring ruins or studying magical artifactss from other cultures." Leona added further before switching to the expectations that Silver Wolf had for its members.

"Silver Wolf has only one hard and fast rule, Mercury. Don't do anything that would turn Earthland against us. Also, don't betray your guildmates. Otherwise you can take the jobs you like, whether you choose to follow our guild mission and study magic or simply go adventuring wherever your feet take you." Leona told Mercury the basics of the standards Silver Wolf guild members were held to. Leona had given a really condensed version that was set forth by Leila and passed down to her by Poko. It had served the guild well so far.

Silver Horizons KjmbioC

Golden Lacrima is valid until 10/10/2024. The General Store: Page 10, Post Number 244 (Request), Page 10, Post Number 245 (Approval)
    Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 21st October 2019, 12:30 pm

Mercury Banner
    Leona wasted no time in answering Mercury’s questions, getting right down to the brass tacks of what encompassed the goals and interests of Silver Wolf. It seemed their focus was not just on magical research, but also on its development. Though the guildmaster didn’t outright states as much, the Xocili assumed that the guild offered to its members the resources to be able to follow through with such crafts. Similarly, Leona followed up with stating that they had similar focuses on both technology and languages, as often times their research lead them into other countries. “Fascinating,” Mercury said, her captivated tone quite sincere.

The only major rule that Leona had to offer was that the work conducted by its members must never be something that turns them into an enemy of the state, nor something that knowingly and willfully puts its members at risk. Outside of that, it seemed that Silver Wolf wizards were free to take jobs and pursue their interests as they saw fit. “That sounds more than reasonable,” the lavender haired woman offered. The rules made sense. A guild like Silver Wolf would only be allowed to operate as freely as they seemed to so long as they weren’t doing things to draw negative attention to themselves from those who ran the country, and it would hardly be much of a home if her guildmates viewed her as untrustworthy. These were acceptable mandates that she could more than accommodate.

“This sounds like the right kind of place for me, then. I’m a bit of a technophile, myself, so perhaps I might be able to contribute some of my knowledge and technology for study as a gesture of goodwill toward the guild. I possess a number of gadgets that I’m certain have not been seen in this region.” Despite how human she looked and felt, Mercury was actually alien to the planet of Earthland, and the technology she had was, quite literally, not of this earth. It would probably take her some time to divulge her true origins to members of the guild, if she ever did, but there were a few harmless devices that she could donate to its libraries that would probably keep some of the members nose deep in research and development for months.

She offered Leona a genuine smile. “So, what do you need from me to formalize a membership?”

WORDS: 408/1216 | @Leona Jarnefeldt
    Serilda Sinclair

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 22nd October 2019, 8:47 pm

Leona was glad to hear that Mercury considered the requirements for Silver Wolf members to be reasonable. She was also glad to hear that Mercury was a technophile who was also in possession of devices that the guild had never seen before. Having someone who was tech-savvy as part of the guild would be a benefit to Silver Wolf, but the benefits would not flow just one way. Mercury would gain the protection of guildmates and the connection to lucrative jobs that came with membership in a guild... not that the newcomer really seemed to need a guild's protection protection or pipeline to steady work. She seemed ambitious enough to go out and make opportunities for herself instead of simply waiting for them to come to her.

Silver Wolf could benefit from having a go-getter like Mercury as a member. The guild always had a place for those with ambition and the desire to further their knowledge of magic and technology. Mercury would fit in well here.

"All we need from you to formalize your membership is for you to bear the guild mark. It can be any color and can be placed in any location... within reason, of course." Leona informed Mercury. The blonde then turned and rolled up her right sleeve to show the prospective member what she meant by a guild mark; Leona's was blue and located on her right shoulder. The lavender-haired mage did not seem like the type to go for shock value by having the tattoo placed on her backside or somewhere similarly scandalous. She seemed far too serious to indulge in that kind of mischief.

Silver Horizons KjmbioC

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 26th October 2019, 3:34 pm

Mercury Banner
    It seemed all they needed to formalize things was for Mercury to receive a guild mark -- a magical tattoo of sorts of the guild’s emblem in whatever color she fancied. Leona advised that Mercury could bear the stamp wherever she liked, outside of crude locations presumably. The lavender haired woman hummed thoughtfully, a delicately manicured fingertip tap tap tapping away on her lower lip as she considered her options. Despite how she was probably coming across, she actually wouldn’t be averse to having a tattoo in a scandalous location, however for something like this it behooved her not to take that route anyway.

Wanting the mark to be in a location where she could both show it if need be, or cover it if wanted, Mercury ultimately decided on a location that was fairly traditional for such things. “How about on my back, between my shoulder blades? In a shade of red, if that’s available.” Assuming this was acceptable, she would follow Leona to whatever area they needed to go in order to transfer the mark. Mercury shed her crimson cloak and pulled the back of her shirt up over her head, keeping her front covered but exposing her shoulders so Leona could do her thing. Once complete, she would pull the garment back in its proper place.

She was greatly looking forward to the experience of being part of this guild. It seemed the pairing was going to be mutually beneficial in both directions, and Mercury intended on making sure she was an asset to them. “Thank you very much, Mistress Jarnefeldt. I’m looking forward to working with you and meeting the rest of the guild.” Gathering her things, she was escorted to the room that would belong to her for her time at the guild -- her new home for the foreseeable future. Mercury wasn’t altogether sure of how much time she would realistically wind up spending here, but it was still a comfort to know she would have a place to rest her head and relax.

Ready to get settled in, she slug her bag on the bed and began to unpack...

WORDS: 360/1576 | @Leona Jarnefeldt
    Serilda Sinclair

Current date/time is 15th May 2024, 7:59 pm