Age: 21 years old
Special Characteristics: N/A
Leona is an adventurous young woman who likes to travel anywhere her feet can carry her. She has an easygoing personality and likes to be straightforward in her dealings with others: she prefers to deal with people on equal terms instead of invoking titles or connections to gain an edge in interactions. Leona's attitude towards people is simple. If people treat her with respect and courtesy, she will readily reciprocate. If they treat her with disrespect and contempt, she will return it.
Leona is aware that her current attitude is dangerously naive and that some people will try to take advantage of it. She is slowly learning the ways of the world and is trying to adopt a more realistic attitude. However, in her view "realistic" does not have to equal "cynical."
When in a fight Leona tries to take the initiative and come out swinging. Thanks to the properties of Wind Strike Magic she can shift between hand-to-hand combat and long-distance combat without undue difficulty. She favors knocking the opponent off balance with simpler, less taxing spells like Wind Blast or Mach Straight before closing in for a slugging match or using one of her more powerful distance spells like Wind Bullet or Silver Tempest. Lately Leona has taken a more cautious approach to battle: instead of constantly attacking no matter what Leona tries to see what her opponent is capable of before committing to attacking up close. She also tries to control the tempo of the fight by alternating between long-range spells and close-quarters combat... from time to time she uses her Summons to aid her in battle, especially when she is outnumbered.
Ever since she was unexpectedly elevated to the position of Guild Mistress of Silver Wolf, Leona has had to contend with gnawing doubts that she is not ready for the job of leading a guild, especially a guild with an intellectual mission. She dutifully does her best to handle paperwork but sometimes struggles to fully understand it. After many months of hands-on experience Leona has learned how to do basic paperwork without guidance and she is slowly learning to perform other administrative functions expected of a Guild Mistress. Leona is also learning basic research and study skills, but she has trouble maintaining enough focus to study something for a long period of time, even when she is studying a subject that interests her.
As a follower Leona pretty much does what she is told without thinking about it too much. She obeys the leader without question and tries to complete the job to the best of her ability. Having grown up in a desert village where everyone had to work together to survive, Leona is willing to work with a leader she respects.
As a leader Leona prefers to lead in the field instead of from the guild hall. She will gladly go into the field and help her guildmates on jobs big and small. She tries to let her guildmates have some leeway to complete the job without stifling their initiative, but if they get into danger Leona will jump into the fray without a second thought about her own safety.
- Drinking Water- Having grown up in a desert environment where water was scarce and not always safe to drink, Leona appreciates clean drinking water more than most people do. She likes to carry some bottled water in her backpack of supplies wherever she goes.
- Coffee- Coffee is Leona's favorite drink. She often has a mug of coffee in hand when at the guild hall. The stronger the coffee the more she likes it.
- Freedom- Leona enjoys the relative freedom of a mage's life. She likes the freedom to travel and take jobs that are to her liking.
- Archaeology- A recently acquired interest from having worked on a few archaeological sites across Earthland, Leona is fascinated by archaeology. She is interested to see how people lived in the past and has taken both a professional and personal interest in the field.
- Social situations- Leona is not socially adept and can come across as aloof or rude without meaning to. She tries her best to engage others and be sociable, but she sometimes has difficulty finding the right things to say and often worries about saying something stupid. Leona is slightly more comfortable around people she knows, but she still has trouble around them. After much trial and error Leona has learned to think before she speaks and to make small talk with strangers, but even after making those modest improvements she struggles with social situations and prefers to avoid them if she can.
- Swimming- Leona grew up in Desierto and did not interact with deep water very often; while she has learned basic swimming skills, they are nothing to write home about. This shortcoming almost cost her her life while on a job in the Cursed Lands when she nearly drowned in a cistern under the Abandoned Cabin. Only the timely intervention of her job partner kept Leona from dying. Ever since then she tries to avoid situations where her mediocre swimming skills are put to the test.
- Cold Weather- Leona is accustomed to hot and dry climates. She is unaccustomed to cold climates and is not fond of them.
- Sophia Jarnefeldt- Leona's relationship with her mother is a classic "love/hate" relationship. She likes her mother and wants to build a better relationship with her, but Sophia's insistence that her daughter come home and settle down to start a family drives Leona away. Leona has since patched things up with her mother, but Leona is still worried that her mother might fall back into old habits and re-open the rift between them that took a lot of effort to close.
- Travel-Leona likes to travel. When she was a child, her father Samuel told her about wonders he had seen on his travels across Earthland. Captivated by these tales, Leona has wanted to follow in his footsteps and become a world traveler despite her mother's disapproval. She wants to see the world beyond the desert she grew up in.
- Proving Herself- Leona has come a long way in a short time since leaving Nebdoui over two years ago, earning the titles of Wizard Saint and Guild Mistress. Leona feels out of place among the Wizard Saints and has frequent doubts concerning her fitness to bear the title. Leona also has doubts about whether she can properly manage Silver Wolf as its Guild Mistress because of her modest intellectual abilities and her weak research and study skills. Leona is determined to prove beyond all doubt that she has earned the right to hold both titles.
- Adventure- Since Leona was kicked out of her home village over two years ago, she figures that she might as well go on a lifelong adventure. Even though the exile order has since been rescinded and she is allowed to go home again, Leona has not shaken the need for adventure. She has been to Minstrel, Midi, Capital Crocus, The Cursed Lands, Hargeon Town, and many other places across Earthland. While many other people would consider a visit to those places enough travel for one lifetime, Leona is always searching for her next adventure.
- Expanding Her Skillset- For a long time Leona has felt like she is not nearly as talented as most other mages, especially her peers among the Wizard Saints. To remedy that she has taken up the study of ancient languages, has taken an interest in archaeology, and has even started learning how to use modern technology like computers. While progress is still slow, Leona has been making small strides towards her goal by doing research into magical ingredients (for use in crafting weapons with magical properties) and purchasing a Daggerbook.
- Snakes- Leona is wary of snakes because she had a near-fatal encounter with a poisonous one when she was younger. While she is wary of any species of snake, the species that elicits the strongest reaction is any sort of rattlesnake; a rattlesnake was the snake that bit her and almost cost Leona her life.
- Heights- When she was eight years old her older brother Leonidas grabbed her by the waist, swung her around and jokingly threatened to throw her over the side of a mountain on a mountain trail they were walking on. Due to his foot slipping on a rock, he very nearly carried out the threat by accident. While she was spared a fatal fall thanks to her brother's quick reflexes, Leona got a good look at the ground below while dangling by her right ankle. Ever since then Leona has been deeply afraid of heights.
- Vultures- Leona is not so much "afraid" of vultures as she is wary of them. Seeing them circle around in the sky and land to feast on dead travelers who got lost in the desert has left an indelible impression on Leona.
- Height: 5' 4"
- Weight: 130 lbs
- Hair: Blonde and short, hangs down just past ears
- Eyes: Green
- Skin Tone: Normal
- Leona Jarnefeldt:
- Guild/Council Guild: Silver Wolf
- Tattoo: Blue and located on her right arm just below the shoulder.
- Rank: Y+
Last edited by Leona Jarnefeldt on Thu 5 Aug 2021 - 2:29; edited 14 times in total