Age: 20 years old
Special Characteristics: N/A
Leona is an adventurous young woman who likes to travel anywhere her feet can carry her. She has an easygoing personality and likes to be straightforward in her dealings with others: she prefers to deal with people on equal terms instead of invoking titles or connections to gain an edge in interactions. Leona's attitude towards people is simple. If people treat her with respect and courtesy, she will readily reciprocate. If they treat her with disrespect and contempt, she will return it.
Leona is aware that her current attitude is dangerously naive and that some people will try to take advantage of it. She is slowly learning the ways of the world and is trying to adopt a more realistic attitude. However, in her view "realistic" does not have to equal "cynical", though sometimes Leona's attitude has a cynical side, especially when it comes to the Sultans of Desierto.
When in a fight Leona tries to take the initiative and come out swinging. Thanks to the properties of Wind Strike Magic she can shift between hand-to-hand combat and long-distance combat without undue difficulty. She favors knocking the opponent off balance with simpler, less taxing spells like Wind Blast or Mach Straight before closing in for a slugging match or using one of her more powerful distance spells like Wind Bullet or Silver Tempest. Lately Leona has taken a more cautious approach to battle: instead of constantly attacking no matter what Leona tries to see what her opponent is capable of before committing to attacking up close. She also tries to control the tempo of the fight by alternating between long-range spells and close-quarters combat... from time to time she uses her Summons to aid her in battle, especially when she is outnumbered.
Ever since she was unexpectedly elevated to the position of Guild Mistress of Silver Wolf, Leona has had to contend with gnawing doubts that she is not ready for the job of leading a guild with an intellectual mission. She dutifully does her best to handle paperwork but sometimes struggles to fully understand it. After many months of hands-on experience Leona has learned how to do basic paperwork without guidance and she is slowly learning to perform other administrative functions expected of a Guild Mistress. Leona has also learned to read and speak Court Heiromesh (a language of Ancient Desierto) to an advanced level and has conducted basic research on Ancient Desierto using a variety of scholarly works, many of them older than she is. Currently she is working with Crocus Magicka University faculty to learn more about the history of Desierto, but the endeavor will be a marathon, not a sprint.
Leona is conflicted about (and more than a little ashamed of) her modest skillset when compared to the skills of other mages, particularly her fellow Wizard Saints and the Gods/Goddesses of Ishgar. She is much better at fighting than she is conducting research in a library, studying the magic arts, or studying ancient languages. While she is working to diversify her skillset, Leona still tends to take combat-oriented jobs because she feels that making use of her aptitude in fighting is the best way to protect Earthland and its people. Leona has battled cultists, slavers, serial killers, zombies, skeletal warriors, dangerous animals, and many more threats in the name of protecting Earthland and does not plan to stop any time soon.
As a follower Leona pretty much does what she is told without thinking about it too much. She obeys the leader without question and tries to complete the job to the best of her ability. Having grown up in a desert village where everyone had to work together to survive, Leona is willing to work with a leader she respects.
As a leader Leona prefers to lead from the front instead of from the guild hall. She will gladly go into the field and help her guildmates on jobs big and small. She tries to let her guildmates have some leeway to complete the job without stifling their initiative, but if they get into danger Leona will jump into the fray without a second thought about her own safety.
- Drinking Water- Having grown up in a desert environment where water was scarce and not always safe to drink, Leona appreciates clean drinking water more than most people do.
- Nighttime- Leona has always felt more comfortable at night than during the day. She likes how quiet it is compared to daytime and likes the cooler temperatures.
- Freedom- Leona enjoys the relative freedom of a mage's life. She likes the freedom to travel and take jobs that are to her liking.
- Archaeology- A recently acquired interest from having worked on a few archaeological sites across Earthland, Leona is fascinated by archaeology. She is interested to see how people lived in the past and has taken both a professional and personal interest in the field.
- Social situations- Leona is not very adept at social situations and can come across as standoffish or rude without meaning to. She tries her best to engage others and be sociable, but she is terrible with small talk; she has difficulty carrying on a conversation that is not work-related. Leona is slightly more comfortable around people she knows, but she is still not a social butterfly and is definitely not a good conversationalist. It will take a lot of effort for Leona to become more socially adept.
- Swimming- Leona grew up in Desierto and did not interact with deep water very often; while she has learned basic swimming skills, they are nothing to write home about. This shortcoming almost cost her her life while on a job in the Cursed Lands when she nearly drowned in a cistern under the Abandoned Cabin. Only the timely intervention of her job partner kept Leona from dying. Ever since then she tries to avoid situations where her mediocre swimming skills are put to the test.
- Cold Weather- Leona is accustomed to hot and dry climates. She is unaccustomed to cold climates and is not fond of them.
- Sophia Jarnefeldt- Leona's relationship with her mother is a classic "love/hate" relationship. She likes her mother and wants to build a better relationship with her, but Sophia's insistence that her daughter come home and settle down to start a family drives Leona away. Since neither Jarnefeldt is willing to relent, the mother-daughter relationship is lukewarm at best.
- Travel-Leona likes to travel. When she was a child, her father Samuel told her about wonders he had seen on his travels across Earthland. Captivated by these tales, Leona has wanted to follow in his footsteps and become a world traveler despite her mother's disapproval. She wants to see the world beyond the desert she grew up in.
- Proving Herself- Leona has come a long way in a short time since leaving Nebdoui over two years ago, earning the titles of Wizard Saint and Guild Mistress. Leona feels out of place among the Wizard Saints and has lingering doubts concerning her fitness to bear such an honored title due to her rather modest skillset compared to her peers. Leona also has concerns about whether she can properly manage Silver Wolf as its Guild Mistress because of the contrast between its intellectual mission and her modest intellectual abilities. Leona is determined to prove beyond all doubt that she has earned the right to hold both titles.
- Adventure- Since Leona was kicked out of her home over two years ago, she figures that she might as well go on a lifelong adventure. Even though the exile order has since been rescinded and she is allowed to go home again, Leona has not shaken the need for adventure. She has been to Minstrel, Midi, Capital Crocus, The Cursed Lands, Hargeon Town, and many other places across Earthland. While many other people would consider a visit to those places enough travel for one lifetime, Leona is always searching for her next adventure.
- Expanding Her Skillset- For a long time Leona has felt like she is not nearly as talented as most other mages, especially her peers among the Wizard Saints. She feels like all she can do is punch bandits in the face, which is hardly a unique skill. To do something about that she has taken up the study of ancient languages, has taken an interest in archaeology, and has even started learning how to use modern technology like computers. While progress is slow, Leona has been making small strides towards her goal by learning Court Heiromesh, working on archaeological sites beside professionals, and even purchasing a Daggerbook.
- Snakes- Leona is wary of snakes because she had a near-fatal encounter with a poisonous one when she was younger. While she is wary of any species of snake, the species that elicits the strongest reaction is any sort of rattlesnake; a rattlesnake was the snake that bit her and almost cost Leona her life.
- Heights- When she was eight years old her older brother Leonidas grabbed her by the waist, swung her around and jokingly threatened to throw her over the side of a mountain on a mountain trail they were walking on. Due to his foot slipping on a rock, he very nearly carried out the threat by accident. While she was spared a fatal fall thanks to her brother's quick reflexes, Leona got a good look at the ground while dangling by her right ankle. Ever since then Leona has been deeply afraid of heights.
- Vultures- Leona is not so much "afraid" of vultures as she is wary of them. Seeing them circle around in the sky and land to feast on dead travelers who got lost in the desert has left an indelible impression on Leona.
- Height: 5' 4"
- Weight: 130 lbs
- Hair: Blonde and short, hangs down just past ears
- Eyes: Green
- Skin Tone: Normal
- Leona Jarnefeldt:
- Guild/Council Guild: Silver Wolf
- Tattoo: Blue and located on her right arm just below the shoulder.
- Rank: X+
Last edited by Leona Jarnefeldt on 11th October 2020, 12:13 pm; edited 11 times in total