Age: 23 years old
Birthday: August 4th
Sexuality: Heterosexual (but in a relationship with Masha Dymonrel... it is complicated.)
Special Characteristics: N/A
Leona is an adventurous young woman who likes to travel anywhere her feet can carry her. She has an easygoing personality and likes to be straightforward in her dealings with others: she prefers to deal with people on equal terms instead of invoking titles or connections to gain an advantage. Leona tolerates a lot more disrespect and mistreatment from clients than she should for the sake of her titles and her guild, putting up with physical and verbal abuse with virtually no complaint. However, she finds herself growing increasingly angry with real or perceived mistreatment and does her best to keep her anger under control.
Leona's self-confidence has taken a large hit after the tragic outcome of the Ishgar Symposium. She sees herself as bearing a measure of responsibility for what happened because of numerous stupid mistakes she made during the event that she should not have made. Leona is slowly starting to come to terms with the day's events and her part in them, but truly healing will take a long time. In the meantime the Ishgar Symposium continues to be a source of shame and regret for her and mentioning it is a sure way for her to experience those negative emotions all over again.
When in a fight Leona prefers to use a weapon and magic in tandem whenever she can but has no problems using only spells or only a weapon if she has to. Thanks to the properties of Wind Strike Magic she can switch between hand-to-hand combat and long-distance combat without much difficulty and can hold her own at either range. She favors knocking the opponent off balance with simpler, less taxing spells like Wind Blast or Mach Straight before closing in for hand-to-hand combat or using one of her more powerful distance spells like Wind Bullet or Air Pressure.
In the past year or two Leona has taken a different approach to battle: instead of constantly attacking at close range no matter what Leona tries to see what her opponent is capable of before committing to attacking up close. She also tries to control the tempo of the fight by alternating between long-range spells and close-quarters combat and from time to time she uses her Summons to aid her in battle, especially when she is outnumbered. However, Leona sometimes refrains from calling in Summons even when she is outnumbered because her title as the Wizard Saint of Courage compels her to prove that she can win fights without their help.
Ever since she was unexpectedly elevated to the position of Guild Mistress of Silver Wolf Leona has had to contend with gnawing doubts that she is not fit for the job of leading a guild. After acquiring years of hands-on experience Leona is finally starting to understand her administrative duties and can do them without guidance, but she much prefers being out in the field to being in the office. Despite her dislike of paperwork Leona performs her administrative role with little complaint and does not leave the office until all of it is finished.
As a follower Leona pretty much does what she is told without thinking about it too much. She obeys the leader without question and tries to complete the job to the best of her ability. Having grown up in a desert village where everyone had to work together to survive, Leona is willing to work with a leader she respects.
As a leader Leona prefers to lead in the field instead of from the guild hall. She will gladly go into the field and help her guildmates on jobs big and small. She tries to let her guildmates have some leeway to complete the job without stifling their initiative, but if they get into danger Leona will jump into the fray without a second thought about her own safety.
- Drinking Water- Having grown up in a desert environment where water was scarce and not always safe to drink, Leona appreciates clean drinking water more than most people do. She likes to carry some bottled water in her backpack of supplies wherever she goes.
- Coffee- Coffee is Leona's favorite drink. She often has a mug of coffee in hand when at the guild hall. The stronger the coffee the more she likes it.
- Freedom- Leona enjoys the relative freedom of a mage's life. She likes the freedom to travel and take jobs that are to her liking.
- Her Friends- Leona does not have very many friends for a variety of reasons, but the few she does have she values highly. Samira Nassar is her closest friend and their friendship was built over the course of numerous adventures and events they have shared over the years. Masha Dymonrel is another one of Leona's few friends and one she values as much as Samira.
- Masha Dymonrel- The circumstances behind Leona's friendship with Masha Dymonrel are... complicated. Some time after meeting at Singles Night in Capital Crocus the two met up again at Silver Wolf Guild Hall. After a long and involved conversation the two have become friends, but whether there is more to it than just friendship remains to be determined. However, in the time between their reunion and the present Masha has become one of the few people Leona feels she can speak to freely without fear of judgment.
- Social situations- Leona is not socially adept and can come across as aloof or rude without meaning to. She tries her best to engage others and be sociable, but she sometimes has difficulty finding the right things to say and often worries about saying something stupid. Leona is slightly more comfortable around people she knows, but she still has trouble around them. After much trial and error Leona has learned to think before she speaks and to make small talk with strangers, but even after making those modest improvements she still struggles with social situations and prefers to avoid them if she can.
- Swimming- Leona grew up in Desierto and did not interact with deep water very often; while she has learned basic swimming skills, they are nothing to write home about. This shortcoming almost cost her her life while on a job in the Cursed Lands when she nearly drowned in a cistern under the Abandoned Cabin. Only the timely intervention of her job partner kept Leona from dying. Ever since then she tries to avoid situations where her mediocre swimming skills are put to the test.
- Cold Weather- As a former resident of Desierto, Leona is accustomed to hot and dry climates. She is unaccustomed to cold climates and is not very fond of them.
- Sophia Jarnefeldt- Leona's relationship with her mother is a classic "love/hate" relationship. She likes her mother and wants to build a better relationship with her, but Sophia's insistence that her daughter come home and settle down to start a family drives Leona away. Leona has since patched things up with her mother, but she is still concerned that Sophia might fall back into old habits any day now.
- Herself- Leona's self-esteem has taken a serious drop after the Ishgar Symposium and she is more inclined to see the negative parts of herself than the positive parts. She thinks that she is a crude desert bumpkin who got her titles by being in the right place at the right time. She also sees herself as someone people tolerate despite her awful social skills and other shortcomings because of her power and status. Finally, she wonders whether people like her because of who she is or because of her looks, power, and status.
- Travel- Leona likes to travel. When she was a child her father Samuel told her about wonders he had seen on his travels across Earthland. Captivated by these tales, Leona has wanted to follow in his footsteps and become a world traveler despite her mother's disapproval. She wants to see the world beyond the desert she grew up in.
- Proving Herself- Leona has come a long way in a short time since leaving Nebdoui over four years ago, earning the titles of Wizard Saint and Guild Mistress. Leona feels out of place among the Wizard Saints and has frequent doubts concerning her fitness to be one. Leona also has doubts about whether she can properly manage Silver Wolf as its Guild Mistress because of her modest intellectual abilities and her weak research and study skills. Leona is determined to prove beyond all doubt that she has earned the right to hold both titles.
- Adventure- When Leona was kicked out of her home village over four years ago she figured that she might as well go on a long-delayed adventure. Even though the exile order has long since since been rescinded and she is allowed to go home again, Leona has not shaken the need for adventure. She has traveled to Minstrel, Midi, Capital Crocus, Silent Cemetery, Haunted Castle, Haunted Guild, Sombras Manor, Hargeon Town, and many other places across Earthland and does not plan to stop looking for adventure any time soon.
- Expanding Her Skillset- For a long time Leona has felt like she is not nearly as talented as most other mages, especially her peers among the Wizard Saints. To solve that problem Leona is trying to learn skills in areas other than fighting. Progress is slower than she would like, but Leona has been making small strides towards her goal by doing research into magical ingredients (for use in crafting weapons with magical properties) and looking into learning how to use modern technology by purchasing a Daggerbook and purchasing books on modern technology. She has also purchased the C-128 Albatross to serve as transportation and a mobile base of operations when on extended trips and endeavors to learn how to fly it without the help of the autopilot. Furthermore, she has recently acquired the know-how to build robots and intends to build one as soon as she acquires the resources to do so.
- Snakes- Leona is wary of snakes because she had a near-fatal encounter with a poisonous one when she was younger. While she is wary of any species of snake, the species that elicits the strongest reaction is the rattlesnake because it was the one that almost killed her.
- Heights- When she was eight years old her older brother Leonidas grabbed her by the waist and swung her around while jokingly threatening to throw her over the side of a mountain on a mountain trail they were walking on. Due to his foot slipping on a rock, he very nearly carried out the threat by accident. While she was spared a fatal fall thanks to her brother's quick reflexes, Leona got a good look at the ground below while dangling by her right ankle. Ever since then Leona has been deeply afraid of heights.
- Vultures- Leona is not so much "afraid" of vultures as she is wary of them. Seeing them circle around in the sky and land to feast on dead travelers who got lost in the desert has left an indelible impression on her.
- Height: 5' 4"
- Weight: 130 lbs
- Hair: Blonde and short, hangs down just past ears
- Eyes: Green
- Skin Tone: Normal
- Leona Jarnefeldt:
- Guild/Council Guild: Silver Wolf
- Tattoo: Blue and located on her right bicep.
- Rank: Z+
Faction: The Luminous Covenant
Faction Chapter: Bellum
Last edited by Leona Jarnefeldt on 4th August 2023, 11:11 pm; edited 25 times in total