Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Toe in Both Light and Dark

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

A Toe in Both Light and Dark Empty A Toe in Both Light and Dark

Post by Mythal Ragnos 18th November 2018, 7:46 pm

Spoiler:

I've been out there and seen the things she's made

Magnolia Town. Yet another bustling city full of people. Why didn't any of these guilds build their halls out in the forest or something? Away from the populace. Secluded.

But that went against the whole nature of magic guilds, didn't it? They were supposed to be places that a person could come in and hang out with people that were considered family and friends. Least, that's what Mythal had heard from the mouths of people he walked by. Fairy Tail hadn't been one of the names to escape the fluttering tongues but it was the one he had apparently signed himself up for. The papers helping him to get his passport had registered him as a mage of Fairy Tail, despite the man not truly remembering such a thing. His interest peaked, he had gathered up what little he had to his name and made the trek over to this bustling town that was labeled 'the party place in all of Fiore'. Of course that meant that people traveled from all over to come and party here. Fantastic.

Mythal stood outside the guild hall, staring up at the impressive brick building. It was an easy find, with people telling him to walk down the main road and it'd be impossible to miss. They were right; the shining gold letters announcing the building practically blinded him as he walked up to it. Mythal scratched at his cheek as he looked over the building, his mouth twisted in an odd frown. "Looks more like a business building to me," he muttered to himself. Then again, Fairy Tail was far more interested in operating as a realm of business and trade than a homely haven for stray kids and mage-wannabes.

Wasn't he technically both those things though?

Ignoring the thought, he pushed through the two heavy doors and entered into the front hall. Before his eyes could even turn in the direction of the more official looking desk, the sweet aroma of liquor entered his nose and pulled his attention to the bar. "Now that's more like it," he said with a grin as he walked himself over to the bar and planted himself down, grinning like a child at Christmas.

Magnolia TownFairy Tail
    Let me tell you, they are fear.

Last edited by BlessedBeatrix on 19th November 2018, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Wings of Winter
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Experience : 1,572,642

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

A Toe in Both Light and Dark Empty Re: A Toe in Both Light and Dark

Post by SeaGlass 19th November 2018, 8:28 pm

Little Arcadia:

Little Arcadia sat sipping a little watermelon-strawberry slushie, while staring over a few photos on her iLac. She laughed at some of the selfies she had collected so far. There was one of herself, Nessa and Nessa's Exceed friend, Sebby. One of herself and Nessa's Valkyrie friends. One of herself and Mura, one of herself and Zirconis, one of herself and Kyuken. Then there was one of herself, Sebby and a fairy called Arielle, and one of herself and Johann, both from that night she helped fight a strange pumpkin tower.

All of them seemed so long ago, yet in truth, they were all only a few weeks old at most. So many strong and awesome memories built in so short a time. Some not so awesome memories too, none of which she'd trade for anything. To think it'd only been four months at most since she'd awoken from the magical hibernation of her mother Sphere spell. It was hard to believe she'd only known this strange new world for so short a time, but it already felt as much as home as the one she left back in Dragnof. Now that she was an ace in Fairy Tail, maybe she'd be able to help other people find the same opportunities to build important memories of their own.

She was feeling a little nervous about that prospect though. She had sat in on a numerous interviews of new recruits already, but conducting the interview was vastly different than listening in. Arcadia just hoped she could exercise the right judgment. The nature of Fairy Tail's business model meant she'd have to set aside some of her personal leanings. If someone could be an asset to some of the more illegal jobs that came Fairy Tail's way, many of which she was wary to take herself.

The young slayer understood perfectly well that sometimes to protect something important, less than savory means were sometimes necessary. That's what it had taken to keep the remains of her foster mother. Khione Glacier, from being desecrated. If she hadn't wiped out that camp of Treasure Hunters, the former great dragoness of living ice, now legendary Eternal Glacier, would be desecrated so a select few rich nobles could have ice cubes that never melt.

Finishing off her watermelon-strawberry slushie. Arcadia held the glass up to one open faerie green eye, the other squinted shut. There were little bits of melting slushie still stuck to the sides. Stirring them together, she slowly sipped up every last drippy drop she could. She had meant to go get another, but while she was still seated at the tables between the great doors and the bar, she glanced up to see the newest arrival. The little slayer scented the air in his direction. Nothing smelled off at least, so she pushed back, and scampered over to greet him. ”Hey! Welcome to Fairy Tail!”

She held up her left arm to show her sparkly, solid blue Fairy Tail on top of her forearm. ”I'm Arcadia Fairchilde, the Frost Maiden of Dragnof and Executive Manager here at Fairy Tail. That second one is my official ace title... so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Would you like something to drink?”

WC: 535
    Arcadia's Total WC: 535/500
    Total WC: 903/1000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Toe in Both Light and Dark 3FQiytD

**☆Arcadia's Theme (as discovered by Mura)☆**:
    Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 19th November 2018, 9:03 pm

Before Mythal could even raise his hand to ask for something to drink, he was suddenly surprised by the almost instant arrival of a young girl. She had come right up to him and welcomed him, without pause or prompting. He blinked at her as she proudly presented her guild mark for him to see, the glittering seal of the guild drawing all attention to it. She was just as swift to introduce herself as Arcadia Fairchilde, titling herself as a Frost Maiden from somewhere called Dragnof and, arguably more important, as the Executive Manager at Fairy Tail. So this little girl was actually management? His assumptions hadn't been wrong about guilds employing the younger generation then. It was both sad and impressive, all at the same time. If anything, it had to be a testament to her magical prowess.

He managed to pry open the clam that was his mouth and summon up the gumption to be conversational. He wasn't going to get anywhere if he just... sat quiet all the time. "Nice to meet you. The name's Mythal. I would uh... love one. Your cheapest bottle of beer, if you don't mind." He wasn't about to turn down a drink, even if it would be draining the last of his jewel. If anything, the taste of liquor may make him at least a bit more open. He chewed the inside of his lip as he waited for his drink and when she provided it to him, he made a show of taking a long, deep swig of it. Now he felt like himself again, somewhat.

"As for questions, I only really got one. I was wonderin' how a person might go about tryin' to join this guild? I've been lookin' for work and to be frank, I need a place where I can get it consistent while also not havin' all the eyes of the Magic Council on me," he explained as he brought the bottle up to his lips. He stopped right before it touched it, thinking better of his words. "Sorry, that came out wrong. I'm not like... lookin' to do evil things or whatever. I just don't like being watched with an overly stern gaze." This wasn't coming out right. But seeming like a bumbling moron was actually better than telling the full truth. He changed gears. "I hear Fairy Tail does mercenary work and such. What other things does the guild do... I mean, in terms of jobs."

Magnolia TownFairy Tail
    414/782

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by SeaGlass 20th November 2018, 5:44 pm

Retrieved some paper and a pen from the reception desk on her way back from the bar, it made for something of a weaving path, but that couldn't be helped. She took a seat from across Mythal, after handing off his drink. She settled in to listen, slowly chilling her new watermelon, strawberry juice mix. Stirring her juice until the chill provided by her hand turned it to slush, the little slayer took the occasional test sip.

Normally after a little interview, a prospect would be welcomed as a guild intern. Their time as an intern gave time to evaluate how far they could be trusted. Mythal though, was already showing an interest in jobs usually reserved for full members. She didn't know how wise it was to skip that intern period, but maybe he already understood. The little slayer would have to change things up some. This would have to be more thorough than the usual interview.

She jotted down his name and a few other notes, while she thought. ”Hmm we'll have t come back to that. Fairy Tail handles all kinds of jobs. And... you're right, we do like to keep the eyes of Magic Council off of us most of the time around here. I hope you understand though, that to keep it that way we must generally stay on their good side. It's not good for business to give them reason to focus those eyes on us. You know how that can be? Have you eve had any experience with that kind thing?”

Total Word Count Reached

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 20th November 2018, 10:16 pm

Luckily this Arcadia Fairchilde seemed rather understanding of his lack of masterful communication. She simply listened to him and jotted down some notes, clearly creating a file about him. Normally such an act would prompt him to hurriedly excuse himself and leave the building. Such notes could bring danger; not only to himself but to anyone that possessed them or even was around them. But he also understood that this was a mage guild and with that came powerful mages. The Sons would have a hard time causing any real damage when possible heavy hitters could be lying in wait, ready to crush any that threatened their home. And Fairy Tail had a reputation for defending its members viciously against any and all odds. It was safe to say he was in, at the very least, decent hands.

"Oh, no, of course. Easy to go unscrutinized if you follow the clear and narrow guidelines," he made a motion with his hand, drawing an imaginary line. As she turned the questions on him, wondering if he had dealt with the Council in a less-than-pretty light, he chuckled gently and took a small sip from his drink. "It's safe to say my very existence is an affront to magical law," he admitted softly, his eyes glazing over as brief and bitter memories played in his far-off stare. He was quick to shake the nostalgic feeling and met her gaze. "I don't generally go around attractin' attention. I actually prefer to stay in the shadows." He almost laughed at the irony, of which she wouldn't understand yet. "I've done some things in my life that weren't exactly clean. And I imagine I'll do more as time presses on. If I can help it, I avoid it; it's easier that way for everyone. But sometimes your hands have to get dirty." He took another sip of his beer before he finished. "I hope that's not a problem."

Magnolia TownFairy Tail
    323/1105

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by SeaGlass 22nd November 2018, 3:58 am

Little Arcadia nodded and smiled, while jotting a couple more notes down Not all of them were on Mystic, some where to help her what else she need to cover in the interview. Taking a sip of her sluhie, she sat back in her chair canted her head. The little girl smiled "Good. Hmm I think a got a couple more questions here. Have anything planned for when you join? And would you ever bring harm to a member of the guild or guild property without permission? "

She set her slushie back on the table, her faerie green gaze narrowing slightly, "Also.. you'll understand in a moment why we hatvta ask some of these questions. Especially this last one. Normally trust is earned over time, but you seem to understand some of the subtleties, we must operate under to keep Fairy Tail independent already. So maybe you can earn our trust, by trusting us first. A leap of faith for a leap of faith. Tell me more of one of these things that wasn't exactly clean. And don't worry. only the other aces and Master Sorano will be reading about it. The other guildmates don't need to know unless you choose to tell them."

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 22nd November 2018, 9:22 pm

This interview, which was apparently what it was at this point, was moving rather smoothly for the most part. Mythal hadn't stumbled over his words yet nor shown any signs of social irritation. To be honest, this Arcadia was rather easy to talk to, despite all the questions. He felt more at ease with her than he did with others... or really anyone else. He could only wonder why. "Take jobs, for the most part. I've been surviving on small, throw away jobs so far but I need somethin' with reliable, consistent work. I ain't  one for grand goals; just want to make money and... well, I guess that's really it. I'm not an overly social person I admit but I work until the job's done." It was the most honest truth about him. He wasn't going to pretend to be anything else other than who he was. And he certainly wasn't here for the purpose of making friends. If it worked out that way -- he highly doubted it -- then it did but he wasn't holding out any hopes.

Her next question was tricky one but easy to answer for Mythal. "Not without permission, no." The people who wanted him could be anywhere, installed in any group or guild or what-have-you. Though he doubted they had wormed themselves into Fairy Tail, it was still possible. But he wasn't going to go over the heads of a master and recognized officials and take justice into his own hands. That was a sacrifice he needed to be willing to make to join a guild, at least one like this.

Her final question was far more intrusive than the others, enough so that it stopped him mid-sip of his beer. He set the bottle down and looked at her, his crimson gaze seemingly pooling with more of the bloody color. It wasn't anything of ill intent but rather a moment of weighing -- how much was he willing to offer up for this 'leap of faith'. It was an insightful question, one that they probably asked of all their possible hires. It didn't make it any less complicated to answer. He brought the beer bottle up to his lips and swallowed a hearty sip down before planting it back on the bar.

Leap of faith, huh? "I've been hunted in the past by a dark guild group called the Sons of Faera. I don't know if you'd technically classify them as a dark guild; more like a cult if ya ask me. I'm not gonna' get into the entire thing but let's just say they like to do bad things," he explained slowly. He reached up and scratched the stubble on his chin. "Couple years back, I stayed in a village for the night. I woke up in the middle of the night to find it bein' sacked by, guess who, the Sons. Seemed too ironic to just be circumstance. I tried to leave without bein' noticed but then they started makin' sacrifices. Slaughterin' the villagers one by one in the name of their god."

"I'm not the hero type but damn, if those pieces of crap don't piss me off. So I go back and stop them; rip each one of them apart without pause or worry. I kept the last one alive just long enough to find out how they got there. Turns out the barkeep I had been buyin' from that night was one of their agents. Not only did he report my showin' up but he also offered up his family to the Sons in exchange for jewel and freedom. His wife and his three kids; killed before I got back in time to stop them."
    He paused there, taking another long sip from his bottle. "I tracked him down a month or so after that. Buried him up to his neck in sand, at the beach, at low tide. A quick death was too good for him."

Mythal told his story without emotion or flicker of facial disturbance. It was as if he was separated from the tale; a storyteller that was only relaying the information without having lived it. Once he finished, he picked up the bottle and was about to pull from it when he looked at her again. "Sorry. I know it ain't an easy story to hear..."

Magnolia TownFairy Tail

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by SeaGlass 24th November 2018, 1:27 am

Little Arcadia listened closely and hung on every word, while  taking down notes of his story. From the sound of the kind of heart wrenching things he saw that day, she didn't want to make him repeat any of it. So she made sure to notate every bit she could the first time around. When he was finished she made a couple final notes, and capped off her pen.

Bolting down what was left of her slushie, Little Arcadia took her pen and paper as she slid down from her chair. She nodded"Not an easy story hear, but has to be an even harder story to tell. Thank you. That's kind of leap of faith I was looking for.  Follow me... Uh before we end this interview, do you have any questions for me? Feel free to ask me  or any of the aces or even Master Sorano, if you think of any later too."

She lead the way to the recpetion desk, where she handed over the pen and her notes to the fairies behind it, so they could file them away. She smiled back to the man, "I have a short orientation to give you before we officially welcome you on board. Ready?"

The fairies at the desk brought Arcadia the stamp, she thanked them in their language, and bowed, before turning back to Mythal, "You must understand this is a rare happening. Nobody as long as I have been here has ever skipped being an intern, but I think you already understand everything that we want interns to understand before making them full members. Some of the interns amay well alredy understand, but haven't demonstrated that yet. I was an intern until about a month ago. Basically this means.. this little orientation I'm about to give, you cannot tell even other members of the guild about, if they are still interns."

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 24th November 2018, 6:46 pm

It was a large leap of faith for him; she could easily tell this was a story he hadn't shared in a wide range. In truth, she was the first person he had even told. Mythal was a supremely secretive person and telling folks about his life, especially his upbringing, was something he actively avoided. But he wanted Arcadia to understand how serious he was about joining and his commitment to his word. Mythal was a lot of things but he didn't outright lie. Tease, maybe; prank, almost certainly when he was drunk. But he didn't like fibbing.

He knocked back the rest of his beer in one swig, as it seemed she was preparing to move the interview. “I was wonderin’ a bit about the history of Fairy Tail. I heard bits and pieces but I prefer to get the answer straight from the source.” People certainly liked to talk but talk was cheap if it wasn't drawn through intimidation or force. Humans liked to run their mouths all the time as it was. He placed the empty bottle back on the bar and stood up, adjusting his crimson cape as he did so. His interviewer walked over to the reception desk and he followed, thrusting his hands in pockets as he did so.

”Orientation, sure,” he answered her, his eyes taking in the fairies moving about with his paperwork. Once they returned with the stamp, Arcadia turned to him fully and he to her, sensing a more formal moment coming. She spoke to him quickly, quietly and with knowledge; she explained that most people had to go through an internship first, to grasp the ideals and practices of the guild. Apparently he seemed to be ahead of the curve; an odd situation for him to be in but nonetheless beneficial. Being a full fledged member meant he had a better chance at higher paying jobs right away and perhaps even more exposure to other members. ”My lips are sealed,” he agreed to her rules, prying a hand out long enough to mock locking his lips.

Magnolia TownFairy Tail

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by SeaGlass 25th November 2018, 6:40 pm

Arcadia climbed up onto the reception desk to have a seat closer to Mythal's eye level. She nodded somberly, "For the very start of Fairy Tail, you may have t talk to Master Sorano herself or someone like Mura. That would be fresher in their heads than mine. But the bit of history I can tell you is an important part of the orientation. For that follow me."

She hopped down from the desk and lead the way to the elevators that lead down tot he basements. She muttered as she summoned the elevator, [color=#28b463["I hate these things, but there's no other way down. Thankfully it's only a short ride. The fairies you see at the reception desk and basically all over the guild hall keep things running smoothly around here. If you ever need to send a message to Master Sorano, an ace or any guild member, they can relay it for you if they are somewhere in the building."[/color]

Arcadia tapped on a panel the elevator's glass doors closed. Tapping the panel again and the elevator started down. The little slayer looked queasy most of the way down. She was quite relieved when the doors finally opened, and she stumbled out the doors. Just as well-lit as the main lobby, down here was a second jobs and requests desk for the illegal jobs the guild was given. The area was mostly empty except for the fairies that ran the business side of things. Several large doors loomed around the floor, and the middle was a glass display containing two swirling portals. In the opposite corner was a crystal statue. A statue Acradia found quite unsettling and creepy every time she looked at it, for reasons she could never quite a put a finger on.

Once her stomach settled back down, Arcadia gestured toward the desk and around the floor, "Interns are not allowed down here. This is where all of Fairy Tail's illegal jobs come through, if any of them interest you. One of those portals goes to an island, part of Fairy Tail since the beginning... full of spirits. The other goes to an old guild hall. And that brings us to that little bit of history I promised.

Once Fairy Tail was a legal guild. Quite powerful and prosperous. Everyone was thought of like family, loyal maybe to a fault. May have been known for causing its share of damage. Until one of one of its members, a young girl named Lucie became a Coming Storm. I don't think she was as young as I look, but still her teens or something. And after one incident, the Magic Council came for her. And true to their trademark loyalty, they defended Lucie, refusing to give her up.

For that, Fairy Tail was made a dark guild, and forced to leave Magnolia. Many, if not most members ended up leaving. Those that were left like, Master Sorano and I believe Mura.. they had to fight through hard times, take on jobs they would never have before to keep the guild going. That's when it became more mercenary. And that's how they fought there way off the dark guild list By showing they were willing to play ball, but keeping the jewel jobs of a darker nature can bring.

And to stay off the dark guild list we keep those things a secret. If you plan on taking more illegal jobs, you will be expected to disguise yourself, your magic and anything else that could identify you. Maintaining Fairy Tail's reputation is paramount to keeping our independent status. No one wants Fairy Tail to be made a dark guild again, especially Master Sorano. The guild won't be sticking its neck out for one member the way it did for Lucie again.
    "

She slowly walked toward the portals, feeling more comfortable there then anywhere close to that crystalized statue. She then decided to head over to the jobs desk, climbing up to stand on it, once more eye level with Mythal. "But you can still find family here, if you're looking for that kind of thing. I did. Because we still stick by each other, as long you don't do something to endanger everyone. Then again not everyone is looking for family... and that's okay too."

After she was told where he would like his guild mark, she gently placed the stamp against his right bicep. Activating the runes along the stamp's side lit up a magic circle underneath it. The first pass created the famous Fairy Tail symbol in an outline of black. Arcadia had to run over the process in her mind a moment to remember how to activate the next step, it was her first time giing a full mark, and maybe only the second time she'd used the stamp ever. Activated the stamps in slightly different order lit up a different magical circle beneath. This time the mark was left solid black. She smiled, setting the stamp down on the desk for the fairies to store away, "Congratulations! Welcome to Fairy Tail! And full membership. Got any other questions?"

Current date/time is 1st May 2024, 10:46 pm