Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Naraku's exam C rank -> B rank

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Position : None
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Naraku's exam C rank -> B rank Empty Naraku's exam C rank -> B rank

Post by Rosetta Crawford 16th April 2013, 8:39 am

Total missions: 3 B and 5 C
    Total EXP: 1000

Note: Naraku is now Guildless so a mod will have to do the exam rather than a guild leader

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Naraku's exam C rank -> B rank Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Naraku's exam C rank -> B rank Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Naraku's exam C rank -> B rank Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Soleice-kun
    Soleice-kun

Elemental Avatar

Elemental Avatar

Moderator- VIP- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- A-Rank- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Mentor : Cynthia Eidolon
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Heaven Godslayer
    Second Skill: Ice-Make
    Third Skill:

Naraku's exam C rank -> B rank Empty Re: Naraku's exam C rank -> B rank

Post by Soleice-kun 16th April 2013, 8:53 am

Naraku wrote:

Total missions: 3 B and 5 C
    Total EXP: 1000

Note: Naraku is now Guildless so a mod will have to do the exam rather than a guild leader

Approved

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Naraku's exam C rank -> B rank Jasper11

Minato's Battle Theme
    Spoiler:

Minato's Character Theme
    Spoiler:

Eternum's Battle Theme
    Spoiler:

Eternum's Main Guild Theme
    Spoiler:
    Alye
    Alye

The Windrider

The Windrider

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- God Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Disparity
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Mentor : Self-Taught
    Experience : 337500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Storm Magic
    Second Skill: Wind Healing Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by Alye 20th April 2013, 8:55 pm

"Naraku... Oh, Naraku... Open your eyes, my dear.

You're in Hell."

"Yes, that's it! Look around. Can you guess where you are?". As you look around, you shall see a torn apart and ruined ceiling of what you may only guess to be a church. You sit up, looking around. You realize that you must have been laying down on the ground for quite sometime because several of your limbs are asleep. As you look around your surroundings once more, you see the trashed and dirty remains of a large cathedral around you. It might remind you of Kardia Cathedral if you've ever been there.

A deep and creepy chuckle rings out around you as you get to your feet. "Yes, darling, wherever you were before, you are not there now. You are in a place called the Dreamscape. It randomly attacks promising mages, regardless of affiliation, and subjects them to some of their worst nightmares. Quaint how the Hell Demon Slayer is afraid of church. Of course, even if you aren't, you will of this one...", the voice stopped for a moment to let off another dark chuckle. "This may seem unfair to you, but I assure you that the Dreamscape awards the victor of it's exploits with a permanent boost in their magic power. It's suddenly all worth it now, hm?".

Your eyes snap forward as several lights mysteriously flicker on all around the cathedral. Six in total. The first is behind the pulpit.

"The Dreamscape has told me of your mission here. There are six powerful priests scattered among this broken "holy" house. You must defeat every one of them. Once defeated, the priest will recite a line that you must then recite to the bible on the pulpit. After doing so, you will be released from the Dreamscape, and your magic will be strengthened. However...if you recite the lines wrong, you shall become one with the Dreamscape. Just like the six before you!", he ended with a evil cackle that shook the already broken windows of the building.

"Good luck, my sweet. Hopefully, you won't need it....", the voice faded off, leaving you to your own devices.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mission Details: There is no posting or word limit for this mission. You must defeat each priest and recover their part of the code. Then recite it to the bible on the pulpit to escape the Dreamscape with your prize.

Technical Details: Each of the Priests is B-Ranked, and each specialize in a certain element. Upon making discovering a priest, they will introduce themselves as "Priest of Fire or Priest of Wind". There is a Priest for each element, Wind, Fire, Light, Water, Earth, Lightning. You must deliver quality posts in however many and however long you please. Also, when you defeat a priest, a shining light will envelop you, healing all your wounds and restoring 25% of magic power.

From this point on, I will only post when you defeat a priest to tell you their portion of the code. You have free reign from there on.

Mission Start!

Last edited by Alye on 21st April 2013, 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Naraku's exam C rank -> B rank VzaWKfF
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st April 2013, 6:03 am

The dreamscape. Not a place she had heard of. Strange, she thought she had heard of all of the mystical realms. You learned a lot when you were raised in hell by a hell queen and then by the sin demon of lust. She'd even visited the realm of wrath once and defeated its master. Yet this place, the dreamscape, she had not even heard whispers of. Five opponents, each meant to be powerful. Well, she had faced powerful opponents before. In her mind she recalled the mighty Heracles, whom they had only killed by luck, or the powerful water make mage. Then again, the defeat of those two had only been possible with the help of Chelvaric. This would be the first time she had fought a powerful mage by herself and there were six of them. However, from what she had heard she only needed to defeat one at a time. This would make things slightly easier. Naraku laughed causing a whisper of anxiety to echo throughout the church.

"You call this hell? Six strong opponents to rip apart? I call that Heaven." she said darkly and without a moments more hesitation headed off to find one of these so-called priests. She wondered what magic they possessed and how strong these 'strong' priests actually were. A match for her? She doubted it, but she hoped they would at least provide her with a modicum of entertainment. Her only fear was that they all possessed light magic, the weakness of her own magic. That would make things difficult. Yet it was not something she felt herself unable to overcome. If magic would not work she would beat them to death with her bare hands. No magic would save them from her fists.

After a few minutes searching she was forced to stop as a heavy door was in front of her. The young girl rubbed her hands together and with little effort pushed open the door to reveal a young man garbed in the robes of a priest. The odd thing about them was that they were of a strange green hue.

"Greetings Naraku." the man said rising to his feet and turning to face her. He extended his arms and rose into the sky. "I am the priest of wind." It seemed wind was her first opponent and what's more it seemed he was trying to impress her with the flight skill that all wind mages posessed. With a grin she too rose into the air causing the mage a moment's surprise.

"You are not the only one who has tamed the winds priest." Naraku said and then she cracked her knuckles. It was time to start this fight and more importantly it was time to end it.

Last edited by Naraku on 21st April 2013, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st April 2013, 6:36 am

After a few moment's the wind priest laughed. "Tamed the wind my dear? You have only borrowed its power for flight." he said as wind began to swirl about his hands which with each post began to grow denser till it formed claw like formations. "I will show you what taming the wind really means." With that he lunged at her at high speed, but Naraku merely dropped like a stone and then flew straight back up head butting him in the stomach hard and knocking the wind from him. She chuckled at this thought. Knocking the wind from a wind priest. That was a good one. The priest flew back gasping for air and the two faced each other again. "Clever girl. I give you credit for such a smart move." the man gasped as he tried to recover his breath. "Or perhaps not so clever. I was going easy on you before, but now I go all out. Armor of the wind" Wind swirled over the mage's body till it formed a constant layer of swirling wind. A mere look at it told her that going near it would be damaging. It was a cutting wind and by the looks of it, was far stronger than her own wind magic. She would not be able to break through those winds easily, not with her own power.

"A strong armour you've got there. I'm pretty sure it would rip me apart if I tried to punch my way through it." Naraku commented as she reached under her haori. "But I wonder if it will be able to stop this." With that she flew straight at him pulling her scythe from under the rob like some conjuring trick and swung at him with force. There was heavy resistance from the wind armour, but she managed to break through it. Unfortunately, she had not swung fast enough as the mage swung his arm and launched a blast of wind that not only stopped her attack cutting the flesh beneath the armour, but sent her flying back into a wall. As she coughed from the blow she noticed something. His attack had momentarily removed the wind from his hand. So, he had not manipulated extra wind to strike her, but used his armour. By that logic if she could get him to use a powerful technique from the armour then she should be able to use that opening to get in a blow.

The mage did not seem pleased by the fact that she had come so close to piercing his precious armour. There was a feeling of anger that radiated from it. He was getting angry. Anger was good in some cases, but not in this. At least, not for him. She placed a hand to her chest as if in shock and spoke. "Wow, that armour of yours sure is impressive. Its even stronger than I thought. I guess i'll have to actually try and break it this time." Those were her words. They had a hint of mocking and sarcasm in them. It made it seem like she hadn't put much effort into them. She was not trying to anger him too much with these words, but distract him from her true action, placing a needle of shadow into the shadow of her cleavage. Everything was ready. "I guess, like you said, now I go all out."

"You dare mock the priest of the wind?" the mage screamed in anger. It seemed her words had goaded him more than she thought. Excellent. With that he flew at her. Damn, not good. He was going for a physical attack. She'd need to put in a lot of effort to stop the damage. Or would she. She dropped like a stone again, but it seemed the mage had been expecting it and launched a torrent of wind at her. "Fool. You think I would not expect such a thing?" the mage shouted triumphantly as the winds cut into her.

"Yeah I knew you would...that's why I did it." she said and then from her cleavage erupted a single tendril of shadow, from which nine others erupted stabbing into the shocked priest. They would not kill him, but should weaken him enough to give her an edge. "I knew you'd attack with the wind of your armour and leave an opening." The tendrils retracted, though Naraku retracted them to keep him off his guard. It made it seem like her attack was done, whereas in reality it had only just begun. The priest flew backwards his wind armour reforming, but Naraku noted that it wasn't swirling quite as strongly. Her attacks had weakened him significantly enough to effect the control of his armour. Perfect.

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st April 2013, 8:32 am

It seemed though that the wind dying down was just a false movement as when she charged, aiming to use her scythe to cut through the barrier it suddenly surged up once more and launched her back due to the ferocity. It seemed, if anything, that the barrier was not stronger than before. However, a careful look revealed that it wasn't that he had made the barrier stronger. He had in fact added a second layer on top of it. The second layer was not as consistent, but this inconsistency was what made it seem like it was two barriers instead of one. A clever technique and the second layer was far denser and stronger. He had been clever. Far cleverer than she had anticipated. A challenge in fact.

"Why do you smile when it is obvious that you will lose?" the priest asked and with a swing of his arms the armour surgeOfd out from him as a vicious cyclone that had all the destructive power of the armour, but at a much greater range. It literally tore up the room as it surged towards her. It was moving quite quickly. There was no time to dodge it. She was forced to reveal her hand by sending out her tendrils to form a barrier. They were not enough to stop the attack and the tendrils were shredded to pieces. She threw up her own shield technique for extra defense which managed to reduce the force enough that her arms were merely cut rather than torn to shreds. It did however mean that she was down her tendrils and shield technique for a while, but that was no matter. His armour was also down temporarily. He seemed both surprised and annoyed by this. This was her opening.

"You are the one who is going to lose." She flew straight at him aiming to slice him in two, but he was swift enough to erect a wall of wind that buffeted him back. It seemed the man had some tricks still up his sleeve, but was it enough to stop Naraku, the hell demon slayer, a girl raised in Hell itself. Of course not. She put her scythe back and then spoke. "Darkness on my left hand, wind on my right hand." the woman said and darkness began to swirl around her left hand whilst wind energy swirled around her right. This was focused onto the the index and middle fingers of the hands. It would take a few moments, but she was more than capable of attacking without her hands. She lunged at him once more and he erected his barrier, but this was a feint. She dropped down and then flew up underneath him and back flipped striking him full force in the crotch with her boot causing him to scream out in agony. She grinned. "Hell fang zephyr."

With that ten blades of darkness imbued wind were launched that sliced into the man, currently in too much pain to defend himself was sliced heavily. She flew up towards him and then with a powerful palm strike sent the nasal bone upwards into his brain instantly ending his life. He was dead. The first priest had fallen.

"Now I wonder what the first segment will be." she asked herself. She was in fact truly disappointed. The man had not nearly been as big a challenge as she had hoped. He left far too many openings. It seemed he relied too heavily on his magic as well. It had been his downfall as it meant he was not nearly as durable as he could of been. It was something she had learnt not to do recently. Reliance on any part of your repertoire was a recipe for disaster.

Tendril cooldown: 3 posts
    Shield cooldown: 3 posts
    Zephyr cooldown: 3 posts

Alye
    Alye

The Windrider

The Windrider

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- God Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Alye 21st April 2013, 9:25 am

As soon as the dust settled from the ruthless battle, and as the man's blood began to spread around him, a bright and warming light twinkled above Naraku. It began to unwrap and lengthen, coiling around the woman. A few seconds later, her entire body was flooded with light, though it did not hurt her. Her cut arms began mending themselves at an astonishing rate. Her clothes that might have been damaged turning the fight were mended as well. The light then condensed on Naraku's stomach, where the magic in the body is stored. The light turned from a shimmering white to a fiery blue before disappearing inside of her, replenishing some of her magic power.

When the light disappeared, the priest did as well. Even his blood had been erased. However, where he had been standing when Naraku first entered the room, there was a pulsating magic circle in the spot. The magic circle was a wispy grey color and the light that emanated from it was the same color and quality. After a moment, the light began to gather and solidify, turning into words...

"Reality is a lie, there are only dreams".
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st April 2013, 9:57 am

Reality is a lie, there are only dreams. What an interesting philosophical statement. The woman stared at the words and then chuckled to herself again. This task had become easier than she had expected. If all of the mages were as focused on their magic as this then they would all fall quite swiftly. On top of that there was the fact that she would likely be healed after each battle. An interesting thing indeed. She had thought this would be a battle of attrition. One where her stamina would be tested. However, it seemed only magic stamina would be tested as unlike her body her magic power had only been slightly restored. They probably thought she wouldn't notice and therefore would be more willing to go all out and drain herself before the final battle, but recently Naraku had become a lot more aware of her body. She couldn't tell you exactly how much had been restored, but she knew it wasn't the maximum.

"Wind was first to fall." she muttered to herself as she walked through the building. Would all of the mages be elementals? That she wasn't sure of, but she hoped it so. She had fought against fire and water before. Tough opponents, but their thinking was normally obvious. Wind had been easy because not only was she herself a wind mage her close ally was also one. It was a good way to learn about a magic type. She walked into a room which seemed to be full of trees and other natural formations. Sitting on a stone, cloaked in brown, was the second priest. A nature mage perhaps? Or something along those lines. Her question was soon answered when the mage rose to his feet.

"I see the priest of wind has fallen and yet so have you. From the sky you have fallen into my domain. I am the priest of earth." his voice was rich and deep. Almost fruity. A nice voice to listen to, but it had a hint of the earth's power in it. She glanced about quickly taking in her surroundings in more detail. It was a perfect place for an earth mage. Yet, why did it exist in a church of all places. "I see you are noticing that this place cannot truly exist within a church, at least not an ordinary one. Were you not told that reality is a lie? That this was the dreamscape?" The man spread his arms wide.

"Those who are trapped here can bend parts of it to their will after enough time. The priest of wind had not yet understood this and I have just begun." he said and then suddenly he flicked his hand towards her and a boulder shot out at her. She did not hesitate and swiftly sent it flying into a wall with a powerful kick. "If you defeat me you will gain the second piece of the prayer, but you will also face the next mage. One who is more powerful than I because he understands this place more." Naraku realised what he meant. The longer you spent here the more you understood and the more powerful you became. If the wind priest was the least experienced and the earth priest the next then that meant that the remaining four mages would be more experienced. However, what confused her was how she had approached them in this order. Was it coincidence or something more? "I see you have realised now that meeting us in this order was no coincidence. The eldest priest, one who feels most at home here, has made it this way. You will face us in the order of our knowledge and if you succeed you may become worth to face him. He, like you, enjoys a challenge"

"Its a shame then that your buddy wasn't much of one and by the looks of it neither are you." she said and leapt into the air avoiding a hand that shot out from the ground trying to grab her. "I've faced your kind before. You talk to distract the opponent whilst with your gestures you strike. I am no fool priest of earth." She remained in the air and looked down upon him, both physically and metaphorically. It seemed this mage's magic was slow, but that seemed strange. He had all this earth to manipulate it. He could destroy her swiftly with the amount of magic power she felt radiating from him. Well, if she wasn't careful anyway, but it seemed he was not even trying. Was he trying to annoy her? Or was he simply trying to put her off her guard.

"I see you have seen through my ruse and that you feel the sky is safe from my attacks." he said and finally the smile faded from his face and he removed his priest robe to reveal that he was wearing nothing but leather breeches. This however revealed a heavily scarred and more importantly a well toned and muscular body. This mage did not rely on his magic. It seemed that he relied on physicality as much. Or perhaps that was why he had not been attacking more. He relied more on physicality than his magic? This seemed to be the case as with a run and leap he soared up towards her in a flip aiming to strike her, but she blocked his boot with her arms in a cross. This seemed to be a mistake as he used this to swing into her aiming to punch her in the stomach. An attack that was succesful and very powerful. She flew backwards into the tree and straight through it and two walls that had been behind it. She emerged from the rubble and shook the dust from her body. It had been like being hit by a landslide. "Do you like my Boulder Fist?" he said indicating his fist which was coated in a layer of rock. So he did not rely on pure physicality. Or he did, but he added to it with magic. Well, two could play at that game.

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st April 2013, 10:24 am

"Quite impressive, but let's see if you like my Hell Demon's Strength." With that she charged forward her body flowing with dark energy to increase her strength. Her physical speed was reduced, but her wind magic made up for that allowing her to fly at him with no friction to slow her down. He just stood there and raised up his palm as if it was enough. It seemed he hadn't realised just how strong she was. Her first struck the boulder hand and to the priest's surprise sent him flying backwards through a wall. What made this more impressive was that unbeknownst to her when she had been about to strike he had used earth magic to root himself to the ground. If he hadn't of done that he'd probably have gone about thrice the distance.

"I see now that I underestimated your strength. I should of used more magic to hold myself in place." he said as he emerged from the rubble. What was surprising to Naraku was that the man seemed unharmed. She focused, straining her sight to its utmost when she saw what had caused it. "I see you have noticed that at the moment of impact I coated myself in a thin layer of stone thus taking no damage." Yes, he had taken no physical damage from such a powerful blow. His earth skin, which was very hard to notice due to his naturally dark skin, was cracked. If one didn't know it was a rock layer they'd think the cracks were scars. She stared at him and he smiled once more. "I see you noticed something else. Something that has shocked you. Yes, I coated my body before we even begun in anticipation of your strength having watched the battle against the priest of wind. A second, stronger layer, was required to stop the blow from before hurting me." The man spread his arms wide and stood there looking at her. "Go ahead, give it your best shot. I feel confident that if that is all the strength you have you will not move me one inch nor hurt me a single iota. Oh and your scythe will likely break against my body"

Naraku lunged forward at him regardless of this and went as if to punch him. However, she stopped at the last moment and spun round, pulling out a large war hammer as she did so and hit him with all her might. The increased force caused by the spin and the weight and power of the hammer were enough that he was indeed moved an inch. 120 inches in fact. It was not much, only ten feet, but the force had shattered the two stone layers of his armour. "I see you have more tricks beneath that cloak than a scythe. The use of centripetal force combined with a blunt hitting weapon was quite clever. It even broke through my armour, both layers in fact, but as you can see I am unharmed. If only your hammer had been stronger." he pointed at it and she saw to her horror that the hammer itself had also broken from the impact. It was a weak grade weapon, but she thought it would be able to withstand it. "I see shock upon your face. Was that your only blunt weapon? If so I am afraid you will not win this battle." Two more layers of stone formed over his body and a third as well. How would she break through this? She knew what he was trying to do. He didn't rely on physicality as much as she had thought. No, he too relied on his magic, but in a different manner. He did combine it with physicality, but mostly for durability. "If you manage to land one punch upon my actual skin then I will yield. I feel though that this is now impossible for you."

Naraku leapt back and looked at the man who in truth looked rather smug. He was aiming to wear her down and take her out that way. And it seemed it was working. Already she was feeling the strain from using her Hell demon's strength. What should she do? What could she do? His defense seemed absolute and what's more he was only the second strongest. He was not just trying to wear her down physically, but mentally as well. A clever ploy. Not what you'd expect from an earth mage who were normally brash.

Tendril cooldown: 1 posts
    Shield cooldown: 1 posts
    Zephyr cooldown: 1 posts

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st April 2013, 11:55 am

There is a chink in every armour. That she knew. There was no such thing as an absolute defence. Where was the weakness on a normal piece of armour? She grinned briefly, but then it faded as she observed the usual areas. The armour around them seemed slightly thicker. He'd reinforced the joints and neck. They were the normal weaknesses. Now where could the chink be? There had to be a weakness somewhere. It couldn't be impenetrable. Naraku stood there for a moment. Her one major tool that might have been useful had been broken. She had to rely on her magic and physical capabilities. Perhaps if she used a spell to weaken it she could break it with brute strength. Yes, that seemed a way forward. However, she would not use just one spell, but two.

"A single drop is said to slowly wear down even the mightiest mountain." she said and then aimed her palm at him. As she swung up her hand she threw a single needle of shadow at the ground below him. This seemed to do nothing, but the ground soon began to rumble. "Hell Demon's Needle Storm: Rapid fire. Hell demon's Shadow Flower." Huge spikes of shadow in a formation similar to a flower shot up from the ground. They did not break the armour, but they did crack it on at least two layers. This was the shadow flower. It had launched him into the air and as he dropped down he was lacerated by 100 needles. The shadow flower and the fall had cracked the armour and the needles had further widen these cracks. She lunged forward at full speed and then leapt upwards and flipped with the full force of both legs striking him on the head. The force of it was enough that the armour shattered and her foot kept going striking him on the head with enough force that it exploded into a pool of blood, bone and flesh. "But if those drops fall fast and hard enough then they will bring down the mountain in an instant." Naraku said with a smile. She had defeated the second mage. Now all she had to do was wait for the second magic and hope she was healed. Physically she was not too badly injured though the kick had hurt her legs a bit, but magically she was more drained. She could do with a recharge though if she didn't get one it wouldn't matter to her too much.

Alye
    Alye

The Windrider

The Windrider

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Alye 21st April 2013, 12:52 pm

A single thud resonated around the room as the Earth Priest's limp body touched the floor. When the dust settled, same as before, a bright and warming light twinkled above Naraku. It began to unwrap and lengthen, coiling around the woman. A few seconds later, her entire body was flooded with light once more. Her bruised arms and aching legs began mending themselves at an astonishing rate. Her clothes that might have been damaged turning the fight were mended as well. The light then condensed on Naraku's stomach, where the magic in the body is stored. The light turned from a shimmering white to a fiery blue before disappearing inside of her, replenishing some of her magic power.

When the light disappeared, the priest did as well. Even his blood had been erased. There was a single white flower that was sitting snugly upon a boulder, it's buds glistening with the man's blood. The flower suddenly began to glow faintly before the light strengthened. The flower detached from the rock and began to float in the air. The flower shone into a bright, pulsating magic circle in the spot. The magic circle was a rough, brown color and the light that emanated from it was the same color and quality. After a moment, the light began to gather and solidify, turning into words...

"Through dreams, you gain creativity".

Naraku's exam C rank -> B rank VzaWKfF
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st April 2013, 1:39 pm

Another message. Through dreams you gain creativity. An interesting statement and one which she could perhaps understand more than the other. It was less philosophical and more applicable. It could be a hint towards the mage's powers. As through the dreamscape they gained new power and thus creativity. It did not seem that way. It seemed the message was meant to unlock powers within her. Perhaps when she found all six of them she would understand. The next room she walked into surprised her perhaps even more than the last. It seemed familiar and yet different. She had walked into a room and had appeared in a port by the sea. It was clearly Hargeon port where she had faced a powerful water mage before. What was different about the place? Well for one none of the buildings were wrecked and two it was quiet as anything. Well quiet except for the third thing that was different. The sea was raging. It was true what the second priest had said, the mage's dream based abilities were becoming stronger. This was going to be difficult.

A man garbed in blue stood staring out at it. The waves crashed over him, but he not move an inch and strangely he appeared not to be getting wet at all. Unlike her. The very spray was powerful enough to hit her even from her distance away. The mage turned to look at her. His eyes were blue, his skin was covered in blue markings. If this guy wasn't a water user she'd hit herself right now.

"You have flown high into the sky to strike down the priest of wind, and fallen to the ground with strength to beat the priest of earth. Now you will swim in dangerous waters as you face myself. I am the priest of water." he said and Naraku sighed. Was every priest going to get poetic about the others as they fell. If so these introductions were going to get ridiculous. "Over three quarters of the world is water and as you said so eloquently a single drop in the right place can bring a mighty mountain down." The man clicked his fingers and a staff shot out of the water appearing in his hand. It was beautifully carved and at the top was a large piece of sapphire. "Water is an element ever changing, ever flowing. It is the element of creativity. Without it we would die. It is the element of life. How can you hope to compete against such a force?" Naraku just grinned.

"Like the prayer says through our dreams we gain creativity and my dreams are all nightmares. I wonder how creative they've made me?" she said and with that she pulled out her own polearm, the scythe known simply as ripper. She spun it round idly and with little effort. It was the weapon she was most comfortable with. "You symbolise life and I, well I symbolise death. Something that comes to us all. Let's see who wins shall we?" Naraku chuckled to herself. She was becoming quite poetic. It seemed her creativity really was increasing in this place. That or she was unlocking more of what lurked in her mind. It was difficult.

Last edited by Naraku on 21st April 2013, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st April 2013, 2:21 pm

"So you mean to make this battle of symbols? Life versus Death. Water versus Darkness. Dreams versus Nightmares. Staff versus Scythe. How interesting." The priest had a mildly amused tone to his voice as if he thought that Naraku's idea was quite foolish. Naraku just grinned and twirled her scythe again. This was going to be an interesting battle. She wondered if he required his staff for his magic and had some link with it to summon it at will or was it like her scythe. A mere amplifier gifted with its own abilities. There was only one way to find out. Break the staff and in her mind there was only one way to do such a thing. Break the sapphire. However, she knew that a sapphire was one of the toughest materials. It was not as hard as diamond, but it was hard enough. Breaking the sapphire would be harder than breaking the armour of the earth mage. On top of that her hell demon's strength would be wearing off shortly. She would not be able to test her theory then. Disappointing. Unless simply removing the gem stone from the staff would be enough. That would be easier even though the staff looked like it was made of metal. Then she grinned. Now that was an idea. She stood still for a moment watching the mage. He had not spoken a word since his last piece or moved an inch. What was water according to him? Oh yes, the element that was ever flowing. If she understood those words correctly then it meant that he would be skilled at flowing round attacks. He would wait and wear her down by simply dodging. Wear down the rock that was Naraku with the flowing water that he was. Quite poetic.

It seemed though that there was no choice. If the sea would not come to her then she would go to the sea. It seemed they were aware of every technique she had used against the others. They would expect those techniques. Needle storm, shadow flower, strength, zephyr, shield and tendrils. They would be prepared for all of them. A sizeable chunk of her repertoire and more than that those were the techniques she was most familiar with. It was quite irritating that she had lost the upper hand. She had not thought that the other opponent's would be watching her. She had to be careful in this battle and keep a few techniques up her sleeve for later. She hoped that there would not be a light mage as one of the opponents, if so all of her techniques would become useless. She'd have to rely purely on physicality, which she did not like doing even if she did do it a lot. All of this went through her mind as she charged at the opponent spinning her scythe all over her body. The thing about a scythe that she liked was that it was unpredictable. Even the one spinning it barely knew where it was going. Naraku was a skilled master.

However, it seemed her idea about this priest had been correct. He was a skilled dodger. It was almost as if he'd spent years preparing to dodge scythe attacks because wherever her scythe struck he was always an inch or two to the left so it narrowly missed. He barely moved at all yet she could not him. She leapt back and stared at the priest. Swinging the scythe randomly would not be wise as she would just be wasting energy. There had to be a way to hit him. What she needed was a way of seeming to strike at one area, but actually striking just to the side of it. Perhaps she could use the scythe as a distraction for another attack. That would be the way forward. The opponent had not yet used a single spell against her nor showed any sign of exhaustion. He was that good at dodging.

Strength cooldown: 3 posts
    Flower cooldown: 2 posts
    Needle storm cooldown: 2 posts

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st April 2013, 3:36 pm

An idea hit her. It would be difficult to pull off, but one, that if it did, would work perfectly. It would cause some damage to say the least. She didn't think it would take them out. The only reason this would hit at all was that it did not seem like a major attack. She charged forward again and began striking out with her scythe in another complex pattern. The priest was more than capable of dodging it, but as she struck she fired off her weapon, known simply as Stabber. It was a wrist mounted blade and the target was not the mage, but the staff he wielded. In his dodging of the attacks he did not see the tiny needle and it bound the scythe. "Shocky." she stated sending dark energy pulsing down the wire that acted like electricity. Because it acted like electricity and the staff was not only metal, but also wet it was conducted. Conducted well enough that the shock passed through it and into him. It was not an attack designed to kill and she had not intended to use it as such. No it was an attack to weaken. The shock caused by it caused numbness, but more importantly it caused disorientation. "I always have another trick up my sleeve. Didn't you learn that from watching me fight your mates?"

Naraku's attack was not over yet and as she jumped backwards with a simple tug she pulled the staff from his grip before retracting the stabbing blade and grinned at the mage. "You haven't used magic against me yet, which makes me think that you were confident you could dodge everything I could throw at you." she said thoughtfully. "I aimed several attacks at your staff which seemed like they wouldn't break it, but you moved the staff out of the way. I wonder if you can use magic without this?" Naraku ripped the sapphire from the staff and hurled it behind her into the town. The shaft she hurled into the sea. It may be made of dreams, but it seemed real enough. The seperation didn't seem to make the man react in any way. However, that could of been due to the shock of shocky working too well.

"You took my staff." he said after a moment's silence whilst Naraku waited for an answer. "You are an intelligent person it seems. I defended the staff because it was indeed the source of my magic, or at least most of it. I can summon the shaft, but not the jewel so separating them was again wise." He sighed deeply. "However, whilst it was wise it was also foolish." Naraku raised an eyebrow, but she knew exactly what he meant. He had said 'most of his magic' came from the staff. At first she assumed only telekinesis was the magic that he did not need the staff for, but it seemed this was not so. "Ocean's Remedy." he stated and a glow covered the man's body. She knew instantly what he had done. He had healed the effects of her shock. The man took a few steps backwards and then he was suddenly walked through the waves. "Follow if you dare, but know that the sea does not only give life."

Naraku cursed. Why had she let him retreat into the sea. Obviously when in water he could access magic that he could not whilst out of the water. She had obviously forced his hand and now she had to face him where he was strongest. She did however chuckle to herself. If Chelvaric was here he'd be useless. He hated water almost as much as he loved cats. Or so it seemed.

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st April 2013, 4:17 pm

She had two choices. Give up and reside here forever or go into the sealion's den and fight the priest. For her there was only one answer. She rose into the air and flew straight after the man. As she flew she placed a hand on her cleavage again, once more slipping a needle of shadow. It was her favourite place to put it. Plenty of shadow in her ample cleavage. What's more, unless the man was aware of everything that was happening in his domain, he shouldn't see it coming, even if he did know she was capable of it. She saw her opponent standing in a calm spot surrounded by raging waves. That one spot, rather large, was obviously the battleground. It seemed he had full control over this ocean or at least had control to some extent. She landed on the water and the priest just smiled. She raised an eyebrow.

"Look down." she looked down at her feet to see that ice had formed over them trapping her in place. Naraku stared and the man just laughed. "Who said my control was only over water?" Naraku had to admit that was true. No-one had said that these mages were limited to only one set of attacks. In fact no-one had said they would all be elementals, though that seemed to be the way it was going. It made sense in a way. This man controlled water and what was ice if not frozen water. Did he also control steam? There was only one way to find out. But she had little time to think. The ice which had first only covered her feet was seeping up her legs. She growled and with strength only a slayer could must broke free of the ice and before more could take a hold rose off the ground a few feet. "Excellent. You would of dissapointed me if you had not been able to escape such a feeble trap" Naraku growled again. This man was toying with her. With her, the hell demon slayer, the one who had slayed the demon of wrath. She hated being toyed with. If anyone should be toyed with it was him.

She lunged forward at him swinging the scythe, hoping that some residual effect of her electricity would remain. It seemed though that it was not meant to be and if anything his movements were now faster. With no apparent effort on his part he slid smoothly to the left. She saw ripples by his feet and realised why he was faster. It was not his body that was moving him. It was the water below him. A clever tactic. She wished she had water magic so she could try and employ it herself, but alas she did not. "I thought you would of realised such a simple attack would be ineffective by now. Or did you perhaps hope your 'shocky' was still in partial effect despite my remedy?" That was exactly what she had been thinking, but she tried not to show it. He sighed deeply. "Water is the ultimate healing magic, don't listen to the rumours that say wind is. Whoever heard of wind being used to heal a wound? Whereas water, water is used in many remedies and is in itself a remedy." So this man claimed greater healing power than the sky dragon slayer and the demonic counterparts. That was quite a claim considering they were said to be able to heal wounds that were inflicted by a dragon, or worse, itself. She knew of the god slayers as well, but had not heard that they had healing powers. She assumed they did. She knew the demon slayer did because she was partnered with the guy and the dragon slayer was famous for it.

"So confident just because you are in your own domain?" the woman asked with a grin on her face. The man merely made a gesture with his hand and from all around her torrent of ice spikes were launched. "Hell demon's speed." she stated and used the speed boost to twirl her scythe all the faster breaking far more of the ice spikes than if she had not. Several still cut her, but the wounds froze over instantly as well. She stood stock still and then flew at the man. As she did a magic seal, 50ft in diameter, began to form beneath her. Within seconds a black dome formed shutting out all light. The dome itself was quite strong. The priest glanced about widly and Naraku spoke out in a strange echoey voice. "Welcome to my domain."

Strength cooldown: 1 posts
    Shocky cooldown: 1 posts
    Unused tendril duration: 9 posts
    Domain Duration: 2 posts

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st April 2013, 4:27 pm

"Welcome to my domain." those would be the last words the mage would ever hear. He could not see and it would take time for his eyes to adjust. Naraku could see in here almost as clearly as if she was in full daylight. That was part of being a hell demon slayer. Even if she could not see she would still be able to sense him. Another trait of the hell demon slayer was shadow sense. The ability to sense if someone was in darkness touching you or your shadow. The mage ran about wildly. Due to the lack of light this domain seemed endless. If he was wise he would dive into the sea and swim out under the barrier. There was no floor and the sea was in fact accessible. However, like a lot of people who entered the domain he did not realise this and even if he had, the total darkness also included the sea below. At least to a certain depth and in here any darkness was her weapon. Out of nowhere the ten tendrils extended and silently struck him once. It was not enough to kill him and he gabbled about trying to heal himself whilst dodging attacks he could not see. They struck again. He was still not dead. The final strike against him was not from the tendrils. No it was from Naraku. Though the tendrils held him still, they were still in him.

With one swipe she cleaved off his left arm causing him to scream in agony, with the next she cleaved off his right arm further increasing his pain. With a final sweep she cleaved the head from his body and after taking a deep inhale of the darkness, which was not created by her, only the dome itself was, not its contents, she dispelled dome, tendrils and her speed. There was no need for them for the moment. The battle was over. The sea turned bloody as the body fell. The third mage had fallen. She was halfway done.

Speed cooldown: 3 posts
    Domain cooldown: 3 posts

Alye
    Alye

The Windrider

The Windrider

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Alye 21st April 2013, 4:43 pm

The bloody water around Naraku suddenly began to church and surge violently, it's master defeated. The water, true water wrapped the Slayer in a powerful tide. It spun her gently in a circle as it shot her towards the surface. As Naraku sped upwards, the water began to get colder and shine brighter. Her wounds were being mended once more. Her clothes that might have been damaged turning the fight were mended as well. The same familiar light from before then condensed on Naraku's stomach, where the magic in the body is stored. The light turned from a shimmering white to a fiery blue before disappearing inside of her, replenishing some of her magic power.

When she finally surfaced once more, Naraku was standing upon a block of ice that leaned forward to allow her to stand upon a small island. The island had nothing on it except a small but shimmering pool of water and a portal. A pulsating magic circle was sending small ripples through the pool, beckoning Naraku forth. The magic circle in the water was a wavy blueish green color and the light that emanated from it was the same color and quality. After a moment, the light began to gather and solidify, turning into words...

"Through creativity, I gain prowess".
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 22nd April 2013, 5:21 am

Naraku did not dwell on these words. She understood them instantly. With each battle it seemed she had become wiser or perhaps had merely unlocked wisdom that had been sealed away. It did not matter. What mattered now was defeating the next three opponents. Her magic power, thanks to eating, was a lot higher than her opponents should expect and her body was still in peak physical condition thanks to the healing. If there was one thing you came to learn about slayers it was that their strongest assets were their strong bodies. The magic was nice and it boosted their strength further, but when it came down to it they were very physical beings. It was something she needed to remember when developing her magic. It was no wonder some of her spells seemed so weak.

The next room she stepped in she was forced to immediately activate her flight as she began falling towards a pit of lava. There seemed to be no obvious entrance or exit to the room now she had entered except straight up. It appeared this battle was to take place in a volcano. How interesting. It was not as elaborate a set up as the previous battle, but it was interesting regardless. What surprised her though was that there was no sign of any priest. She flew about looking for one, but there was no sign. That was strange. Had the fool fallen into his own lava meaning she had already won? She doubted it. After all, there was no prayer segment anywhere. Yet there was no sign of this opponent. Judging by what the earlier priests had said she would go into the room of the next priest regardless of where she went so the enemy had to be here somewhere, but where? There was only thing for it. "Where are you?" Naraku shouted out loudly.

"You are flying above me." a voice said that came from directly below her, from the lava itself. Naraku looked down below her, but could still see nothing and then the lava began to swirl and from it emerged a figure comprised entirely of liquid hot magma. The lava quickly solidifed and instead of forming rock ,like nature intended, it formed the figure of a female wearing red robes. Her first female priest opponent. "I am the priest of fire and I have true understanding of my element." True understanding? That was an odd way of putting it. What her opponent meant was that she was capable of changing into her element or at least into lava, which was almost fire, but not quite. That explained the lack of intricacy for this battle. They needed none when they could hide in lava and be untouchable. However, there was no guarantee her opponent actually was able to turn into lava. It was possible she was a highly skilled molding mage who had turned lava into a copy of herself. Now THAT would be clever and highly annoying.

Speed cooldown: 2 posts
    Tendril cooldown: 2 posts
    Domain cooldown: 2 posts

Last edited by Naraku on 22nd April 2013, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 22nd April 2013, 7:46 am

Whether it was her or a clone this was going to be tricky. Physicality against something composed of lava was not wise and she doubted she could move fast enough in order to bring down this opponent before they transformed back into lava. There was no obvious move to make. The fire mage just stood there atop the lava looking at her. She giggled to herself in a tone reminiscent of Naraku's younger form.

"What's the matter? Can't think of a way to beat little old me?" the girl asked with a sickly sweet tone of voice. Man that was irritating. This girl was taunting her. The others had tried to taunt her as well, but this voice took the cake, the biscuits and possibly even the scones as well. "Bet that really BURNS." Naraku stopped thinking for a moment and stared at the girl with a raised eyebrow. Seriously? This girl was resorting to such lame puns. She deserved to die just for that. She really, really did. "Guess the battle against the wet blanket put out your FIRE." Oh god. Another lame pun and on top of that she was making it obvious they were puns by putting emphasis on the words. Yes, she had to die, but how was the question. Naraku had to think carefully. She had to keep some of her best techniques in reserve, but she also couldn't resort to techniques she had shown before, not entirely. Would it be possible to finish this without resorting to magic? Unlikely. She decided to test how quickly her opponent could change into lava.

With a swift throwing motion of her hand she hurled down a spear of dark energy directly at her opponent aiming to pierce them through the sternum. As Naraku expected the mage easily transformed into lava so the attack did nothing. Her transformation speed was very quick and due to that incredibly disappointing to the demon slayer. However, it did put more weight on the fact that this was a real person who could turn into lava rather than an intricate clone. Of course, it could be a ploy, but that seemed an enormous waste of magic power. It was then Naraku had an idea. What if she hit her opponent with an attack she wasn't expecting? Would she automatically transform or would she need to be able to know the attack was coming? On top of that maintaining a lava form like that had to be exhausting. To avoid the spear she had merely transformed the area that it was going to hit thus preventing any unnecessary stress. So she had two ideas to try. Hit her with an attack she wasn't expecting or redirect an attack at the last moment to hit somewhere else. Two good ideas. However, it seemed the priest had her own plans as the spear hurtling towards her caused her to make a statement.

"Strike one." the priest said and a huge geyser of lava shot up towards Naraku which she dodged with a simple pirouette. Strike 1 caused a geyser of lava to shoot up? What would strike 2 and more importantly strike 3 do? She was in a volcano. She had a good idea what the final strike would be. A practically unavoidable attack which would destroy her, but barely effect the fire priest, if it effected them at all. Tricky. That meant she had two more attack attempts before it was game over. Two tries or she would die in pain. Her opponent had to die first.

Speed cooldown: 1 posts
    Tendril cooldown: 1 posts
    Domain cooldown: 1 posts
    Spear cooldown: 2 posts

Last edited by Naraku on 22nd April 2013, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 22nd April 2013, 8:25 am

The woman stood floating in the sky. What was the best way forward? There had to be an attack in her arsenal that would do it, but what? She twirled the scythe idly and then an idea came to her mind. It wouldn't be enough to kill, but it should provoke a more active response from her opponent. She was about to fly at her opponent when she stopped. What if this attack, being comprised of more than one attack, triggered strike 3 as well as strike 2. Her attack wouldn't kill her opponent, at least she didn't think it would. However, there was no choice she had to make a move. "Here I come." She flew straight at her twirling the scythe all over the place in a complex pattern. It began to glow with dark energy. It was fortunate she had not shown off any of the scythe's techniques yet otherwise this would likely fail. She took a swipe with the scythe, which her opponent dodged by transforming into lava, but Naraku's true attack was also launched at the same time. "Hell Demon's Saw." Three saw blades of black energy laced with white shot out from the scythe a moment before the scythe would of impacted had it not been for the lava transformation. The attack had come out of nowhere and it had caught her opponent off guard slicing her in three places. Naraku grinned and leapt back. Her opponent was not dead yet, but they were clearly pissed.

"HOW DARE YOU HARM ME!" the girl screamed. "Strike two you scumball." Huge geysers erupted all over the volcano's surface. Naraku was swift enough to dodge most of them, but one caught her on the arm and in the intense heat it was burnt off entirely. Fortunately the burn has also cauterized the wound so she wasn't bleeding out, but she did let out a scream of intense pain. Her haori had somehow survived the burn, but her arm had not. The scream lasted over ten minutes so great was the pain. It was greater than anything else she had ever felt and it was made worse by the constant laughter from her opponent. Eventually though she managed to master the pain to some degree and she let out a roar of anger.

"How dare I harm you? How dare you harm me!" Naraku roared a flame behind her eyes. If anything Naraku looked more sinister now. Her body was heavily burned, she only had one arm and in it she held a scythe. She looked truly vicious. "I will end you with my next attack." Naraku returned the scythe to its place within the pocket dimension of her haori. There was no way she could use it now. Not effectively anyway. Her body could not withstand the heat of her opponent's attacks. One more attack like that and it would truly be over.

"Your eyes burn with rage, but soon your body will burn in the eternal flames." the girl cackled with malicious rage. Fireballs began to shoot out randomly towards Naraku. She was swift enough to dodge most of them of course, but not all of them. Several hit her, increasing the burns on her body and increasing her pain. Even if she had been capable of dodging them all the weariness from it might of ended her. "BURN, BURN BURNNNNNNN" the priest said. She had clearly snapped. It seemed she had expected to come out of this battle completely unscathed and thus being hurt at all had put her into a rage. Her rage though was nothing compared to that of Naraku.

Spear cooldown: 1 posts
    Saw cooldown: 2 posts

Last edited by Naraku on 22nd April 2013, 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 22nd April 2013, 8:52 am

Naraku had no choice but to go all out with her next wave of attacks. If that was strike 2 then her assumption about strike 3 was likely correct. A full eruption of the volcano. There would be no way to escape and no way for her to survive it. Her opponent had been hit by several of the geysers and had not been harmed. Strike 3 would be no different. It would end her. Yes, she had to end it before strike 3 occured. She did not think, she did not dawdle she flew straight at her opponent like an arrow and held up her left, and in truth her only remaining, palm. A pained expression was on her face, but it was mixed with an anger that was so hot it made the volcano itself look cold.

"Hell demon's needle storm: DEADLY FORCE." she said launching off five needles of blessed dark energy. These were the concentrated form of her earlier version of the attack. Each one equal to twenty of the needles she had fired before. This was not her true attack though it was meant to distract the opponent. It did however, manage to hit her with one needle, which pleased her greatly. It seemed her opponent was weakening which would allow her next attacks to work. "Hell Demon's Tendrils." she roared and the first erupted from her now empty sleeve from which the other nine then erupted stabbing at her opponent in various ways. Again more damage was caused, but eventually the tendrils were burned away.

"Strike 3." the girl said and made a gesture with her hands, but she was too slow. Naraku had made her move.

"And you're out." Naraku said as in the moment the tendrils had fallen she had bitten down forming a jaw of darkness that bit down thrice upon the opponent biting into them and stopping the attack. It was not enough to kill her opponent, but it stopped strike 3. Yet, Naraku did end it by coating her remaining hand in dark energy and shoving it through her opponent's chest and crushing the heart and snuffing out the life of her opponent. The attacks had wearied her opponent enough that she had been able to defend herself with her lava technique. However, the use of so much magic in such a short time had exhausted Naraku and the pain from her wound was getting to her.

She let out another scream of agony that to her seemed to last forever. In reality it only lasted a few minutes, but the agony was that great that it seemed to last a lot longer. She had not stopped hurting earlier. Her anger had temporarily overcome the pain. Fortunately, she had not entered the berserk stage as it would be a useful trump card later. She sincerely hoped the healing would heal her completely or if not completely at least stop the arm hurting so much. The pain was almost unbearable. If it had not been for her anger, her desire and more importantly her past then she would not have been able to overcome it to end her opponent and she certainly wouldn't of been able to overcome the pain now.

The body of her opponent had dropped into the lava, merging with it and slowly dissolving. It was fortunate that she was indeed the real opponent and not a cleverly made clone. If she'd been a clone then Naraku truly would be dead right now. She couldn't fight anymore. Not without something stopping this pain. Naraku had to wonder though. Why were these powerful priests so willing to hold back against her? Was that just their style or was something guiding their hands?

saw cooldown: 1 posts
    left claw duration: 3 posts
    needle storm cooldown: 4 posts
    tendril cooldown: 3 posts
    Fang cooldown: 3 posts

Alye
    Alye

The Windrider

The Windrider

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Alye 22nd April 2013, 3:29 pm

As soon as the Priestess of Fire's limp little fingers disappeared inside the churning lava, a huge mystifying red magic circle appeared in the air, hovering just over the magma as it revolved slowly. As whatever spell was being cast activated, the magic circle unraveled itself until it was a huge rectangle sitting upon the lava. The rectangle cut into the lava until it gathered a massive amount. When the rectangle seemed to fill to it's brim, the volcano was suddenly rocked by an explosion of steam. When the thick mist cleared, the rectangle had turned into a large slat of ground for which Naraku to stand on.

When Naraku touched down on the rock, the familiar light from before appeared over her head. A powerful surge of healing magic wrapped around the woman, easing her pain instantly. The light then condensed on the place her arm had been just minutes ago. Strange whispering sounds that Naraku wouldn't even be able to make out with her Slayer enhanced hearing beckoned around her. Her burns were all gone. Her flawless skin was flawless once more. Her clothes that had been burned in the fight were mended as well. The strange whispering had stopped just as the light on her severed arm faded, revealing the limb to be there once more, completely healed. The same familiar light from before then condensed on Naraku's stomach, where the magic in the body is stored. The light turned from a shimmering white to a fiery blue before disappearing inside of her, replenishing some of her magic power.

A single ring of fire rested on the rock, and as a magic circle appeared above it, the ground broke away and lava bubbled to the surface only to be picked up into the air and cooled instantly to form rocky words.

"Through prowess, I gain victory".

"A warning, warrior. Only one has made it this far into the Dreamscape's challenge. Yet, at the moment most crucial, he recited the prayer wrong and ended up stuck here as a priest. He is your final opponent. Beware, for his power is immense, but as you have found, he has one crucial weakness like all the others. You will have to find it like you have all the others. Be strong and swift, my dear. You have made it this far. Do not falter".
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 23rd April 2013, 4:55 am

Her arm had been restored and a message had been spoken to her. So only one person had managed to defeat four opponents before and that was the guy who was to be her final opponent. However, before she reached him she had one more fight to do. Before that though she stood for a while flexing her arm. It was strange how much she had missed it in the brief period of loss. It was strange how much you took things for granted until they were gone. If she had been forever amputated, though she was certain Chel should be able to heal her, then her entire fighting style would have to change. She'd have to forgo her favourite weapon. No, she would not lose her arm again. She wondered who her next opponent would be.

As she entered the next room she found herself in a large open field. The sky was filled with black clouds, but there was no rain. It was clearly night time in this domain. Dotted about the field were huge metal rods. A quick cursory glance allowed her to realise they were copper. Interesting. They were lightning rods. A hint at her next opponent or something to throw her off guard. She guessed the former as the clouds above were clearly storm clouds. She walked forward getting some distance away from all the rods, but making sure she was not in the centre of them or in a line between any two.

"Ooooh you are a wise one." said a voice that literally crackled. She turned around to see a small man whose hair was in the style of a pompadour. "You won against the sky blade, the earthen wall, the flowing water and even the embodiment of fire, or should that be lava." The man, who appeared to be quite old, chuckled to himself. He was bent over, quite hunched, but was not using a stick. "You used your brains to create ways to beat them using their best technique, though your victory against the priest of fire was luck I think. Yes?" The man grinned at her and she noticed a smell she had not picked up before. It was a smell of alcohol. Strange how she had not smelt it before. Perhaps he had been doing something to hide it. "Ah I see you smelt my liquor...thought my aura would hide it...oh well. Can you guess which priest I am girly?"

"The priest of lightning, though you are not what I expected." she said and truthfully each of them had betrayed her expectations in some way whether it be by look, personality or some other trait. The man's grin broaded and he pulled out a hip flask and took a swig. The smell of alcohol was increased. A drunken old man. This would be easy. She took a step forward and then saw a glint in his eye and quickly dove to the side. It was fortunate she did as he spat, and he truly did spit, a globule of alcohol at her. It was laced with electricity and the area it hit was struck by a lightning bolt a moment later. A powerful one at that. She had been foolish to underestimate her opponent. Had she learnt nothing from today's trials?

"Through prowess I gain victory and through stupidity I gain loss." she said, extending the prayer segment in her own mind. Underestimating her opponents, particularly these ones was stupid. Especially now she noticed something about the man's movements. He swayed slightly and moved about in a strange fashion. It was clear to her though that this was not drunkeness. The movements had purpose. This was the drunken fist. An old man, likely a master, of the drunken fist style who was gifted with lightning magic. This was going to be a tough fight. Speed would be the issue and she doubted she could match his. She needed to lower his speed somehow. She quickly slid stabber from her wrist and put it into the pocket dimension. Carrying a metal weapon now would be asking for death.

"Ah you are wiser than before. That is good." the man said with a smile and then lunged forward so fast she barely had time to react. Her movement was good though or so she thought. She dodged to the left aiming to use his own momentum to poleaxe him with her arm. Unfortunately though his style was the drunken fist and he merely rolled forward as she moved, going under her arm and spun round attempting to knock her legs out from under her feet. The movement was successful, but she did not hit the ground. No she used her flight power to prevent that and quickly righted herself. "Oooh a challenge, I haven't faced one as good as you in a while."

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 23rd April 2013, 6:09 am

"Yes not since him..." the old man mused as he lunged out once more. This time as Naraku dodged he spat once more and she was coated in the alcoholic substance. A direct lightning bolt of the power of the last one would be fatal or close to it. There was only one thing to do. Activating Hell Demon's speed she pulled out her scythe and slammed it into the ground before ducking down lower than it. The bolt which had been aimed for her was instead attracted to the scythe and earthed. "Oooh very clever. Using your weapon's weakness as a way of defending yourself." he said clapping his hands. Naraku had not intended to activate her hell demon's speed so early in their confrontation, but it had been required. Though perhaps with this speed she could fight on par with her opponent. The man lunged at her again, ignoring the scythe stuck in the ground, but his movements effectively forced her away from it. He was trying to keep her away from an object that would work as a lightning rod. However, she was curious as to why the actual lightning rod's weren't working as such.

"Ah, ya see they aren't exactly lightning rods." the man said as if reading her mind. She was really getting annoyed at their ability to seemingly do so. "They do take lightning bolts in, but they store it ready to be fired where I want." So, his lightning bolts came not from the sky, but from the rods. There were six of them that formed a star like shape. It was as she was thinking about this she realised she was being forced closer and closer to the center. That was one place she certainly didn't want to go. She had to fight back.

"Hell Demon's Left claw, Hell Demon's Right claw." she said coating her hands in dark energy to form demonic claws. With her hands enhanced into even more deadly weapons she began her own series of rapid strikes. However, wherever she struck he seemed to have weaved out of the way entirely by accident. Drunken fist style was truly, truly irritating. Particularly when the man's speed was obviously being enhanced by his lightning magic. Well obvious if you had good enough eyes. Occasionally as he moved a spark would fly down a limb or part of his body. Hitting this man would be difficult and what's more she was almost certain he was just playing with her. She needed to pick things up. Her attacks began to get quicker and a little more random, with kicks, elbows and other movements thrown in. However, no matter how fast she hit he was always just slightly out of the way. It was like the battle with the priest of water, but worse.

"My turn I think." the man said and began to launch a swift flurry of blows that made hers almost look like they were standing still. She was doing everything she could to block them or dodge them and was once again being forced back towards the centre at a much higher speed. It seemed that as the battle was going on he was getting faster or perhaps she was getting slower. It was unclear. Though she had a feeling it was the former as the sparks seemed more prominent now. Yet her counter attack was already preparing. She had not said a word, but dark energy had flowed from her feet and into her shadow almost unnoticeably and the shadow had become ever so slightly thicker. Due to the lighting her shadow was behind her, but it did not matter for it moved round swiftly and struck at the man's leg's making him stumble. This was her Hell Demon's Shadow puppet. Before he had a chance to see what had hit him the shadow returned to its normal place and she struck at him managing to rake his cheek with her claw and get a chunk of ear.

"Oooooh I don't know how you did that one." the man said with a tone that denoted he was both impressed and annoyed. "But let's stop playing about shall we?" The man tossed off his priest robe revealing a yellow vest top and blue shorts. His muscles were not big, but were very wiry. A lot of sinew which would make them like steel bars. Over his vest top he was wearing a blue sleeveless denim jacket which when opened revealed many complex looking devices. He pulled two out and with blinding speed struck himself all over his body. As he did so his body straightened up, became slightly more muscular and somehow it was younger. His hair even changed from grey to black. "I haven't used this form in agessssssss." he said almost savouring the final word as he put away the devices. Then without warning he lunged at her striking with a palm strike that she didn't even have time to block and sent her flying backwards. She managed to reduce the momentum to prevent herself entering the centre of the rods, but it was a close run thing.

"That wind power of yours is better even than the priest of wind." the man commented happily. "And its making things so much fun." Naraku grimaced. The speed of that strike was insane. She'd barely even seen the guy move and then suddenly she was struck and with such power. He was much faster than her and by the feel of it stronger too. He hadn't managed to break a bone, fortunately her robe of the hell queen had prevented some of the damage, but it still hurt like hell. What was worse was that he hadn't drawn blood and so her lineage could not activate. The speed boost from that would put her on par with him. "I wonder what will fail first my knocking or your body? Hmmm, should we find out?" He may not have intended it, but he had given her a clue there. His 'knocking' which she assumed was a magical acupuncture had a time limit. In his more elderly form she might be able to handle him. She had to force him out of this form and then strike. That was the only way.

Hell demon speed duration: 3 posts
    Hell demon claws(Will put them on one line) duration: 3 posts

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 23rd April 2013, 1:59 pm

Either that or manage to hit him hard enough. However, she had no edges against this opponent. The battlefield was to their advantage, the combat style to their advantage and they also were a much more advanced combat specialist than her. She could fly, but in a battle against lightning the higher you were the deader you were. She had two weapons, but both were metal and would simply be lightning rods. Her third was broken and her fourth was still in the ground, but it was quite far away. No, weapons were of no use here. Or were they? An idea had struck her and fortunately at the same time she dodged the fist aimed at her and managed to move round to the other side. Now he'd be forcing her away from the center or holding her in place. It was a more advantageous position. She struck forward in another flurry of attacks, and he flowed out of the way of them easily. It seemed his movements were almost supernaturally fast.

"I use my magic to bypass my nervous system making my reaction time faster than almost any other living thing." he said as if reading her mind once more. "And I can't read your mind entirely, but focused pulses of electrical signals that i've seen before I can read." So he could read thoughts similar to ones he had had heard a lot. He was in her head. That was irritating. It also meant that he would not fall to her hell demon's domain because he would be able to sense the electrical signals of her brain in order to find her. Such a clever opponent. What made it worse though was that her final opponent, should she be able to beat the priest of lightning, would be stronger than this one. Probably able to keep up with this speed.

It was this point she remembered she did have one edge. The shadow puppet. It wasn't perfect by any means. It was very weak, but it had its uses. It had managed to knock him to the floor once and with it she might be able to come up with a more complex plan then she had initially thought. Yes a combination attack to weaken him, or at least slow him down. He did not know the full extent of some of her powers, no-one except her did. Well, a few dead people might know a bit as well, but they didn't count.

"Going all out against you would be foolish so from now on I'm only going to use moves I have used against your fellow priests." Naraku declared causing the priest to raise an eyebrow and laugh. It was as he laughed that she lunged forward and rolled aiming to kick him in the crotch as she came up. He simply stepped backwards, but it was at that moment of the roll that she'd made her first move. A simple needle of shadow had entered his shadow. He couldn't escape one of her attacks now because it would follow him. And he didn't know it was there. It was the first move in a series of moves that would end in checkmate for him or so she hoped. The second move was simple as anything. She leapt back and then lunged once more. She thrust her hand forward and he stepped backwards, but as he did she formed the spear of dark energy and stabbed at him. His speed was truly impressive. This bypass of the nervous system was amazing as it allowed him to almost move his body out of the way of this surprise attack. However, the key word was almost. The spear did rake his stomach as she suddenly brought it sideways. He laughed, which surprised her and she leapt back. It was fortunate she did as in the laughter he had spat a huge globule of alcohol at her that when it hit the ground, where she had been standing just a moment before, it was struck by a dozen lightning bolts. So the size of the alcohol globule effected how powerful the lightning attack. If she'd been hit by that she'd of been crippled. He took another swig of his booze and looked at her.

"You really are a clever opponent. Using your spear's extra range to cancel out the small dodges I perform." he said and then grinned and took a step to the side. As he did in his original position there was a clone of him. She kept her eyes on him as he slowly walked around her. As he finished the circle he began to move round it in a blur, as did the clones. "Can you keep track of the real one?" he called out and all of the clones spoke the words as well. A cloning technique. A real pain, if it wasn't for the fact that the clones did not cast a shadow. It was likely they were not real clones, just echoes and even if they were real clones it did not matter. He was the one casting a shadow and that shadow as all she needed.

"I don't have to...something will do that for me." she said with a shrug. Suddenly there was a strangled gasp as the tendrils shot out and grabbed hold of him. It was fortunate they had as he'd been lunging at her with lightning coating his fist, powerful lightning. Enough that a hole might have been punched in her if it had hit. He'd taken that hit rather personally. Only four tendrils had bound him. It was all she felt were needed.

"Ah...the roll attack was a feint." the man said and then began to break free of the the tendrils, much to Naraku's surprise. However, she just grinned and wagged a finger at him. A tendril emerged from each of the four binding him in other places preventing even more movement. "You've got me bound pretty tight." he said and then took a deep breath and she knew what he was going to do. Spit at her once more, a large amount. However, she was not going to tolerate that.

"Spitting is rude." she said and a tendril emerged and bound his mouth cutting into it. However, this seemed to be a foolish move as his attack had already begun by him drawing the breath and the lightning struck at him. The tendrils were destroyed and she prepared to fight, but it seemed, somehow, that he was effected by his own attack to some extent. The dozen lightning bolts had returned him to his older form and had even injured him to some extent. Yet he wasn't dead yet. Amazing. "You're a resilient old man, but you're not fast enough in that form to match me"

"Aye, when you get to my age you've grown to love life so much you don't want to give it up." he said and then looked at her with a slight grin. "My body isn't fast enough. I suppose round two will have to begin." He made a gesture with his hands and then thrust them at her and three spears of pure electricity were launched at her. She dove to the ground dodging them, barely. One managed to scrape the back of her haori and even through that she felt the shock. Not enough to do any damage, but enough to gauge how dangerous they would be. "You're slayer magic reminds me of molding magic, in life I was no good at it, but in the dreamscape I can shape my electricity much more easily."

Naraku just grinned and then suddenly the man let out a gasp as a tendril stabbed him through the stomach. "I only used nine of them old man." To her surprise though he just laughed and made another gesture causing a sword to slice the tendril. He had a hole in his stomach, no, he had a hole FOR a stomach, and yet he was still standing. "Your nervous system bypassing again?" the man just nodded. With a wound like that she knew he wouldn't last long, but he could still fight for a short while and his attacks were lethal.

Hell demon speed duration: 2 posts
    Hell demon claws(Will put them on one line) duration: 2 posts
    Puppet duration: 3 posts
    Spear cooldown: 2 post

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 1:38 pm