Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Searching in the dark... [Markus]

MarkusEldridge
    MarkusEldridge

Administrator- Moderator- Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Shipped- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Progeny of Chaos
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Primordial Chaos Slayer
    Second Skill: Chaotic Darkness
    Third Skill: Chaos Soul - Primordial Warrior

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Empty Re: Searching in the dark... [Markus]

Post by MarkusEldridge 23rd July 2018, 11:25 am

Black

Markus watched as she giggled, distracted, seeming to ignore his statement. He did not blame her. It was not an easy one to think about. Watching her eyes, Markus, as always, was fascinated with how fast people's emotions seemed to shift, to change, to warp. He did not have enough time, and his mind was too slurred, to determine how many he has seen within her eyes within the past few moments alone.

She repeated his question, contemplating. Markus was silent, he did not mean it as a serious one, and had originally only asked to keep the mood light. Suddenly however, his eyes narrowed as she spoke again, a flash of purple energy would be seen for but a moment. So much for that plan.

Just with the Fairies, Markus fears, and hates, those with superiority issues causing others to feel powerless, weak, or taken advantage of. Markus, his mind dulled with drink, was having issues controlling his emotions, and as such meant he was having issues controlling his powers. If one was to watch, they would see shadows, almost invisible, starting to sway around the mage. Suddenly, the water pitcher would crack, ever so slightly.

Realizing what was happening, Markus glanced away, and reigned in his powers once more. He needed to be somewhere safer, somewhere people would not get hurt should he lose it. He would have to be careful, be certain not to lose control.

“Letting monsters have their way never bears fruit, and only proves to allow them to harm others.” Markus said simply, after a few seconds, once he felt he had a measure of control. He thought of this man, her ex, in the same way as he did those trappers, in the same way he did for any beast he was tasked with ending. He very much doubted the man had stopped with Nessa.

“Apologies, I am sorry you have had to deal with the less… refined, members of my sex.” Markus was not one to apologize usually, however he knew nothing else to say. He was unsure how to handle her admission. There were many options, and he was unsure if she even wished for him to give his thoughts. Most likely, she was less on guard due to drink, and as such spoke up of something she never normally would have. In times like this he knew no other way forward, and was silent until her next question came.

Markus thought for a second, he assumed his question was pretty apparent. Though, maybe not. He did not mind explaining it, and saw no issue. “They say, you fall in love like you fall asleep, slowly, then all at once. Do I have need to worry?” Markus said once more. Unsure how much clearer he could make it.

<~~~~~"Only with Darkness can there be Light"~~~~~>

Notes:

Word Count : 5,981

Last edited by MarkusEldridge on 7th January 2019, 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Custom Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Vassal of the Cosmos
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 145
    Experience : 26,209

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Starlight Maiden
    Second Skill: Valkyrie Summoner
    Third Skill: Moon Goddess Slayer

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Empty Re: Searching in the dark... [Markus]

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 23rd July 2018, 11:54 am

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av19Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av19Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av19

Nessa was quiet, staring at the table. Rex had been over two years ago, the one time her trust in a person had proven to be falsely placed. She didn't want it to affect her relationship, but it had. She was wary of love, wary not to feel that one. She found herself pushing away those hormonal desires. That wish to find a partner, that search for a soulmate. Because how could she let herself fall open to such vulnerability. There was no vulnerability like a lady in love. Markus offered his kind words, she could felt his anger, his care. She gave a small smile, looking over to him. Surprised at herself, she who kept everyone at arms length when it came to the skeletons in her closet. Was hearing, sharing them all with Markus. Someone who couldn't even bring himself to trust her, here she was trusting him. With everything.

"I don't think he'll ever try anything like that again, My Aunt scared him pretty good," She said with a small laugh, her Aunt as loving and sweet as she was, had to be one of the most terrifying people she ever met. Antoinette's rage was the kind that could leave cities ablaze, not a woman to be crossed. She was the only one who knew other than Nessa and now Markus. Nessa's father didn't even know, because telling her Dad, might drive him to do something he couldn't take back. At least Antoinette had more control. She looked up at him, a soft smile.

"Thanks, but you don't have to apologize. He's was great actor, and like you said, I'm pretty naïve." It wasn't a retort, just a fact. She knew her own misgivings, she had been reminded of them many times by her aunt. Especially after the Rex incident. She listened to him as he rephrased his question, it clicked for her. She laughed loudly, she didn't know why, probably the alcohol. She wasn't exactly in a clear state of mind right now.

"I don't think you've got anything to worry about, I wouldn't know love if it danced in front of me butt naked." She said doing a little wiggle in her seat, letting out a playful laugh. "I like you as a person, and let's face it, you're hot too, but I don't think even Mysterious Markus could wiggle his way in." She slurred at him, although she said the words, they were very much just thrown out there. Did she mean them she didn't know? But that seemed like the right answer. She couldn't fall for anyone, it wasn't in her nature, right?

"Anyway, whose to say you wont fall for me? I'm told I'm quite charming!" She said, sticking her tongue out between her teeth and offering him a teasing wink.

WC: 470
    Total: 8237

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes38Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes38Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes38

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 7th January 2019, 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 60582_s

MarkusEldridge
    MarkusEldridge

Administrator- Moderator- Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Shipped- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by MarkusEldridge 25th July 2018, 7:33 am

Black

Markus chuckled soundlessly at her retort. Maybe he should meet this Aunt of hers one day, however upon further though the black clad mage realized that would probably be a horrible idea, and only end badly. He was not one a woman should ever introduce to the family, after all he was a 'bad' boy, a killer, and he had no regrets.

He could tell they were still in dangerous territory when she gave him a soft smile, and confirmed his statement to her naivety. This was a sore topic for the female mage, Rex was still on her mind even if her Aunt had made sure he could never hurt her again. That was the problem with this sort of thing, no one else could really solve it for you. As such Markus just nodded, he knew logically there was no reason to apologize, yet that is what people did when there was nothing else to be said. Markus however did understand Rex in part, it was easy to pretend when people already have expectations of you. After all, is that not what Markus has done with Nessa? With the guild? He was contemplating the thought when she spoke up again.

Markus chuckled slightly as she wiggled in her seat, a mach dance of sorts, making her comment about nude dancing love. He was glad to be certain he had nothing to worry about, he would not be attempting to wiggle his way in, and he could tell you from experience that someone can not just plop inside unexpectedly, not when the shell was as developed as his own, or Nessas.

Markus once more nodded at her, “Good to hear, I would have to leave you disappointed.” He said simply, in actuality the only reason was he did not want the complication. He was no longer certain what love was, and was pretty sure he could not return it. He needed to solely focus on the tasks at hand, on his jobs, other complication would risk that, and he much rather prefer Nessa as an ally.

When she next spoke up, he merely looked into her eyes passively. “Well, I can promise, you have nothing to worry about. Despite the charm.” He said simply, letting her know that he does not feel that way. Then, maybe it was drink, or self consciousness, he felt the need to elaborate, and found himself informing her of something only one person, if you could call it that, knew about.

“This might seem… obvious. But, I have come to realize. I do not, feel, as others do…” Markus looked into her eyes, his own passive and without emotion, almost dead, lifeless, nowadays only alight with chaos. “I was not born with magic, of any type… I could not even use or activate magical items, it was a great shame to my family…” This was something no one in Fiore knew. “When I accepted my power, gained my strength… It came with certain side effects. One of which is… My… emotions, feelings… Thoughts. Are dampened.” He wondered how it felt hearing what he was saying, it sounded strange enough actually saying it outloud.

He grinned at Nessa. “Not that it is a bad thing… My magic takes… immeasurable control. Losing myself to emotion only leads to bad things… And, if I truly lose myself… well everyone in this building might end up dead.” Markus said simply, with a fact, not really meaning, or caring, to threaten those around him. His eyes fell on the cracked pitcher of water, still leaking. “... That alone is what happens when I let drink cloud my control just a little too much.”

Notes:

Word Count : 6598

Last edited by MarkusEldridge on 7th January 2019, 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Custom Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 25th July 2018, 11:12 am

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes38Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes38Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes38

Nessa smiled as Markus confirmed that he wouldn't be able to reciprocate any love she may eventually have for him. It was an obvious answer, but something twinged inside her when he said it. Something she couldn't quite understand, like a flicker in her inebriated state of mind. Ever so slight that she wasn't even sure she could say was it was; sadness? disappointment? Either way it wasn't a happy feeling. But she ignored it, so what if Markus didn't find her attractive or think of her as someone he could love? It's not like she wanted that from him. But still, the young woman felt the sting. It was harder to hear than she'd expected, almost as though she was... unworthy.

Nessa listened as he began to open up further, explaining his inability to love. Her eyes grew sad as he spoke, telling her about how he hadn't been able to produce magic and so he had sacrificed her emotions for power. She reached over, placing her hands on his. Not unlike how he had done to her earlier. "That's gotta be hard sometimes," She said, "Emotions can be a real pain sometimes, and I guess it would be easier to be less overwhelmed. But to feel happiness, to be filled with so much joy, or feel so ecstatic you could just dance then and there. Those are the moments I cherish." She gave his hand a little squeeze. "But I guess you don't need to hear this," She let go, pulling her hand back to her self.

"You're magic sounds pretty scary, I guess I understand, why you don't want to love anyone. It would be pretty awful to be scared you could hurt them..." She acknowledged his words for what they were. In a way, he was warning her. Loving him was dangerous was a dangerous game. She leaned forward, resting her hand on her knuckles gently, her violet eyes looking directly into his. "You know, but if someone truly fell for you, like I mean really madly deeply in love. Nothing you could say or do would stop them from wanting to be by your side, and if by some tragic fate you were to fall for them too. Well, dampened emotions or not, I think you'd give in to that love. I've never known it myself, but from what I've been told, there's no greater force for pulling two souls together." She smiled softly, they were her fathers words about her mother. They had been what you might call 'forbidden love' and try as they had, they hadn't been able to resist the pull of being with their soulmate.

WC: 444
    Total: 8681

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes27Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes27Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes27

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 7th January 2019, 1:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

MarkusEldridge
    MarkusEldridge

Character Sheet

Post by MarkusEldridge 25th July 2018, 12:00 pm

Black

Markus did not pull from her touch, though he did not agree with her words. It was the opposite actually, someone could feel sadness, regret, loss for his predicament because they could feel emotion. Him on the other hand, never felt burdened by the fact, he never really cared, and as such his lack of empathy and emotion was actually not hard on him in the slightest.

He only nodded to her statement, unsure how to explain what he was thinking, and relatively certain one would not understand. It was like trying to tell a child fire was hot, unless you knew the feeling, understood the reality, it would only even be a distant thought.

He cocked his head at her statement for his magic, sure it was scary, but all magic could be. Hers included. “... Actually, to clarify. It is not that I do not wish to hurt, nor that I am scared to hurt others. In truth, I do not love because I do not care to. I harm, or aid on a whim. In fact, it is quite… liberating.” Markus was unsure really what he was saying, and even less sure if she would understand.

He nodded at her statement on love, he did not disagree with her. However, it reminded him of a distant memory, someone he had once met. He repeated their words. “To love is to destroy, and to be the one loved is to be destroyed.” Markus said simply in response, and he gave no elaboration.

He looked into her eyes, just searching, as if looking for answers to question which could not be solved. He had met many people who fell under spectrum she did, naivety, hopeful, romantic, beautiful, he could think of many descriptors, yet none of them truly fit. He once more thought back to unpredictable, this entire scenario had been such, from learning he would not be doing this job alone, to everything in between.

He could however feel his stamina waning, and a quick glance told him that much of the night had gone, as had much of his bottle. His mind was still very much foggy from the drink, and he knew Nessa would be the same.

“Enough with the heavy talk.”
    Markus said simply, before raising his hand for a server. He downed the rest of his glass, and corked his bottle, at least the small amount that was left. Markus desperately needed to relieve himself, and the tab was already gonna cost him. Logically the two mages should probably get ready for bed, they had much traveling to do come morning and that would be bad enough without the hangovers.

As soon as the server arrived Markus informed the man that they would like a room, and to close out the tab for the evening. “Unless you would like anything else?” He offered towards the Starlight Maiden. He really did not care if she ordered more, whether drink or food. The job was paying more than enough to cover it, and being homeless by nature he had more than enough Jewels.

Whether or not she ordered more, Markus informed her that he would be up shortly, after business was settled. It didn't even cross his mind that they should get separate rooms, he knew nothing would happen between the two, they had just finished clarifying that neither of them had those sort of feelings, even if they both admitted the other was attractive.

Notes:

Word Count : 7182

Last edited by MarkusEldridge on 7th January 2019, 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 25th July 2018, 12:19 pm

Nessa sighed at his words, his clarification felt false to her. Could someone just not care to love because it was a hassle. Did that mean he didn’t care if he did hurt someone? It was a lot to bear in mind and her mind wasn’t quite fit to bear it anymore. So far she had held her composure somewhat well. But the alcohol was taking its toll, her mind felt loose and her body hot. As Markus informed the staff , they wanted a room. She nodded, a bed would be nice right about now. That and a hot shower.

She stood up, taking her blue bottle that was halfway done and picking up her satchel with the still sleeping Arielle.  “Some water for the room please,” She asked in response to Markus. She was soon handed a key, she nodded to Markus and headed up. Too drunk too realise what was going on, all she knew was she was heading up. She clumsily stumbles her way to the room, entering it by herself. She let the door shut behind head. Staring around, it was quite nice. A simplistic decor, with a dressers, wardrobe, and most importantly a nice double bed in the middle. She smiled feeling pleased she would get some much room to herself. She went over to the dresser and despite her drunkenness she managed to move Arielle from her bag. Carrying the Fairy across the room, she laid his sleeping body down on a pillow. Making a ‘shh’ sound with her lips in case he stirred.

She returned to her bag and began rummaging through it, pulling it some a ball of clothes wrapped in a rubber band. This was how she’d wrapped her pyjamas, a compact little way of keeping them small. She opened them up and laid them on the bed, a silky little pink nightie. A little shorter and lacked than what she might have worn at home. But she had seen it in the store and wanted it so badly, that she’d given in the temptation. Besides, it wasn’t like anyone else was going to see it.

She turned and made her way in the bathroom, the door left ajar as she stepped in and turned on the shower. She looked at her drunken face in the mirror, staring at it for a moment. She let out a laugh before beginning to undress. Pulling her clothes off one by one and letting them fall to the floor. Once she was bare, she stepped inside the hot shower, feeling the warm liquid cover her. She closed her eyes and let out a little ‘mmm’ noise, there was nothing like a warm shower to soothe your achy joints.

WC: 456
    Total: 9137

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes27Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes27Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes27

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 7th January 2019, 1:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

MarkusEldridge
    MarkusEldridge

Character Sheet

Post by MarkusEldridge 26th July 2018, 9:17 am

Black

Markus did not disagree with her request of water, water would be good. As they stood, Markus took a second to collect and tally the tab, as well as include a tip requesting that unless required, or requested their room not be disturbed. He wanted a good night sleep, and it was not often he got to do such indoors. For the black clad mage, the prospect was both inviting, and disconcerning. He learned early on that most beds were way too soft for his liking.

After spending a few minutes outside, letting the cool air clear his head he decided it was time to head up. Markus had no trouble finding the room, and unlocking the door. Although he normally slept wrapped within his coat, being indoors, and already warm from drink Markus pulled it off. It was sticky with sweat and blood, he knew he would need to wash it.

With a quick glance, he tossed it onto the chair nearby. He could tell already the large bed in the center of the room would not be to his liking. He could see the fairy napping on the countertop. Even in his drunken state Markus knew needed to remove his dressing, and wash his wounds. As such he started the slow task of removing the wrappings from his shoulders and arms, and peeling off his sleeveless tunic.

He remembered it was Nessa who had applied them, a strange feeling for him, being doctored by someone else. Though, she could only deal with the damage she saw, which meant his neck and arms. He did not ask her to doctor his other wounds.

By the time he reached the door to the adjoining bathroom he had removed his wrappings, and shirt. He knew some of the large cuts were already bleeding, but he could not get himself to care… Besides, they were not bad enough to be dripping onto the floor. Yet.

Suddenly however he stopped, something was tugging at his drunken mind. Something, strange… The bathroom door was closed, not completely, but more than usual for a new room. Then, he heard it, water, and he saw steam. That was when it donned on him. No wonder he had yet to see Nessa, she would probably already be in the shower.

Markus assumed she would not like the intrusion, after all she freaked out only showing him a wet bra. As such, his hand fell from the door handle, and he walked away.

On the other side of the room, was a large closed window, currently covered by a thick curtain. Markus walked over to it, and opened both, letting the cool night air wash over his shirtless body, cooling the slowly bleeding wounds. He probably should have waited to unwrap the gause.

Taking a deep breath, Markus sat cross legged at the window. It was at that moment, a strange occurrence happened, suddenly a Raven landed on the window seal. Coking its head a Markus, it looked at him with strange eyes, before turning its gaze away, towards the town around them. The ‘messenger of death’ a strange parallel to Markus himself.

Markus decided he would finish cleaning and rewrap them once Nessa was done, and was content to sit with the creature.

Notes:

Word Count : 7731

Last edited by MarkusEldridge on 7th January 2019, 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 26th July 2018, 10:24 am

In Nessa drunken state of mind, she was washing herself with grace and delicacy. When in reality she was swinging all over the place, splashing water over the top of the shower guard and all over bathroom floor. When she was satisfied that she had cleaned herself enough, she climbed out. Somehow managing not to slip over and fall over on the wet floor. She pulled a towel off the rack and wrapped into around herself haphazardly. She went over to the mirror, and picked up a complimentary toothbrush, and began using the inns paste to clean her teeth. It felt good, her tongue had felt like it was fuzzy from the booze, replacing it with the fresh minty-ness was slightly sobering.

Once done, she made her way out of the bathroom, stepped back into the room. Drunken stumbling over to her clothes, she was just about to drop the towel when she spotted something, or rather someone. Her eyes racked over Markus with drunken confusion, had he come to check in or her. As her eyes fell on his bleeding wounds she forgot she was standing there in nothing but a towel and heading over. Assuming he had come in for help with his wounds. "We need to clean you up and re-bandage those wounds." Nessa looked over at the bird, and blinked in confusion. "You make a friend while I was gone?" She said with a giggle. She stood there, wet hair clinging to her face and neck, her body drenched in beads of water, smelling of soap and shampoo. She looked down slowly, realising he was shirtless.

Then it dawned on her, that she was standing less then a metre away in nothing but a loosely positioned towelled. She squeaked, turning away and moving across the room. "Er.. I'll get dressed." She said grabbing the nightie off the bed, she ran into the bathroom. Pulling it shut behind her. She shook her head, "Such an idiot!" She said aloud to herself, before using the towel to dry herself. She quickly summoned a spell to create a warm glow around her head, her hair became dry enough so that she wounded need the towel. She pulling on her nightie and matching underwear, taking a quick glance at herself in the mirror. It was a sofy silky texture that felt nice on her skin, she ran her hand along it's length. It was pretty tight, clinging to her shape and making it quite obvious that she wasn't wearing a bra. It was a little more of a flirtatious outfit than she'd expected it to be. But she shrugged, "Not like he fancies me anyway," She said under her breath and she stepped out the bathroom. She made her way over to the bed, picking up her bag and pulling out a brush. She began to comb her hair, "I'm done now, if you wanna wash up."

WC: 489
    Total: 9626

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av18Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av18Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av18

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 7th January 2019, 1:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

MarkusEldridge
    MarkusEldridge

Character Sheet

Post by MarkusEldridge 26th July 2018, 1:15 pm

Black

Markus was sitting looking upon the town when he felt it, a wave of nausea. However, he knew it was not caused by drink. Suddenly, the lights of the town grew bright, forcing Markus to squint; The spell of drink and food wafted from the floors below, a scent of grease and oil: The sound of running water, spraying from the other room, colliding with his partner. Markus felt dizzy as these senses assaulted his body. He knew their cause, even if it had been a few days since his last episode.

The Slayer Lacrima within his body was still adapting.

Markus closed his eyes, taking a deep breath when he heard it. The water had cut off, there was some stumbling, a splash. Markus knew Nessa was about to finish, before she ever stepped from the adjacent room, before she saw him.

The shadow mage knew he was losing it, his head was spinning, being drunk was a very bad time for his senses to alight once more.

Suddenly, his nose was assaulted again, not by the smell of grease or oil, no this smell was far better. From his position, he could tell Nessa had entered the room, he could spell the shampoo, the soap. Even that was almost too much. He heard her approach, the raven at his side cocked its head once more, and let out a small cry but did not move.

Markus had not planned for her to help him with his wounds, but he saw no reason to explain that, besides he probably visually swayed slightly as he looked around at the other mage. “I had planned to before resting, just need to wash.” His voice would be quite, calm, but with measured pain and slowness.

He nodded at her comment about the raven. However, he was surprised, he had expected her to be more dressed, very little was hidden by her loose towel and his position. Even he could admit she had a certain allure. With his vision alight as it was, he could see a drop of water fall from her hair, and down her neck, disappearing below.

“Yeah… I. Guess so.” Markus said, once more looking at the bird. His head was killing him though, and as usual he could be missing all sorts of social cues.

However, looking at Nessa, watching her face change from concern, to amusement, to what can only be described as mortification, he realized she had forgotten entirely about her state of dress. He did not really care, but did not argue as she stated she was gonna get dressed. It gave him more time to attempt to control his senses. He was shaking his head, when he heard it, as if she was standing next to him. For a second, Markus thought she was talking to him, only to look and realized he heard her through the other room.

Why was she an idiot? Or did he really miss some cue she was trying to give him? Markus’ head was not in the right place to think of an answer to either question. For a second, Markus thought she had said something else, but he could not tell, not from this distance, and not with how quiet it had been.

He was curious however, when she stepped back out. “Whos the idiot? Did I miss something…” Markus said, while standing slowly. The bird cackled, but remained in the window.

Whatever her reply, he started heading to the bathroom, and was once more assaulted by the smell of her, the shampoo, the soap, the grease from down stairs. His eyes were hurting, his ears were ringing. For a split second, Markus missed a step, his right leg collapsed and he found himself kneeling on the ground. Markus however hated looking weak, so he stood almost instantly and took another step entering the bathroom, forgetting to close it entirely behind him.

Notes:

Word Count : 8386

Last edited by MarkusEldridge on 7th January 2019, 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 26th July 2018, 1:35 pm

Nessa watched Markus's face, she may have been drunk, but she could tell something wasn't right. Was he just drunk too? Or was it something else. Something about his expression, brought concern to her feature's, he seemed a little less collected than before. It could be that the alcohol was just taking over and doing it's bit. Maybe he just needed a shower, it had certainly helped her. Although her inhibitions and thoughts were still being greatly manipulated by the intoxication, she didn't quite feel like she was going to fall over as she had when walking up to the room.

She flushed a little at his idiot comment, it appeared he had heard that, she presumed she had been loud due to her drunkess. "Nothing, I mean, No one. Just me being silly, don't worry 'bout it." She replied, waving her hand as to gesture to brush the remark away. Nessa watched from the bed as he stood, as made his way across the room, combing her dry hair through and making her way through the tangles. She watched his stumble in surprise, pausing in her brushing to watch as he fell to his knees. She watched as he got back up and continued to the bathroom. She bit her lip, he clearly wasn't okay, and with those wounds. She couldn't help herself. She put the brush down and headed over to the bathroom, stepping in after him quickly, averting her eyes in case he already started undressing. She made a little 'ahem' sound to draw his attention.

"Listen, you're clearly still hurt. I know you're a tough guy, but I think you need to take it easy." It was rich coming from her, but she continued "Maybe I could help you... you ...wash... I mean like your wounds and stuff. That way you won't collapse in the shower at least. Just do me a favour and keep the pants on okay, I'm not ready to see anyone's junk just yet." She said the last bit as a joke, but felt immediately mortified as the words left her lips. She had actually used the words 'junk' in reference to ...well that. She hoped he wouldn't care, deciding to play it off as she fiddled with the bottom of her nightie nervously, she knew he might reject her but she just didn't feel right not offering to help him. He seemed really out of sorts all of the sudden.

WC: 410
    Total: 10036

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av18Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av18Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av18

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 7th January 2019, 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

MarkusEldridge
    MarkusEldridge

Character Sheet

Post by MarkusEldridge 26th July 2018, 2:21 pm

Black

Markus signed as he entered the bathroom, his head was pounding, in the way someone with sinensis was assaulted, right behind his eyes hurt, and his ears ringed. Taking a second he splashed his face with water, and took a deep breath. He assumed he just needed more time to acclimate his mind to the senses and the lacrima to his body. He knew that meant he needed solitude, quiet, peace… Markus flicked off the light switch when he entered, he did not need the light to see clearly, and the light was hurting his eyes.

He knew the shadows embraced him, as always when in darkness his already light skin took a very pale shade. He looked at himself in the mirror, gaging the deepest of his wounds. The one on his neck from the magic, and on of his right shoulder from an attack were the worst, neither were life threatening. It was weird, he could see himself clearly, the lines of his muscles, the water still on his face. This clarity of sight was not something he was used to, he knew this was entirely different than his ability to see in the dark.

Then it hit him again soap and shampoo, water and another scent. He did not need to look over to realize he was no longer alone. Even though, he heard her make a small sound, which to Markus might as well have been a shout within the confines of the bathroom. Markus closed his eyes for a second, waiting for her to speak. He took a deep breath, the smell was rough, not unpleasant, in fact the opposite, but it was a lot. Smell was one of those senses which could really mess with a person.

He glanced over as she talked, he had no plans to act as a tough guy, if that was the case he would have never let her dress his wounds the first time. Either way, he continued to remain silent when she spoke up again. He almost laughed, if she did not wish to see him, why offer to help him wash.

“Is that not part of ‘healing’, junk and all?” Markus asked lightly, the drink probably making him more playful than he ever would have been otherwise. Still, he could tell from the way she moved, messing with the hem of her clothes. Despite the darkness, he could see her clearly. She was nervous, worried. She was messing with her clothes, just the hem. He could see more now then he ever did within the forest. Why was she acting as such he wondered, he could trace the veins in her neck, the color in her eyes.

Was this another cue? He looked her in the eyes, gaging her, studying what he saw as he decided. He decided he was reading too much, and as such just cocked his shoulders, forgetting that the room was dark expect the light coming from the door. Relenting to her request. He looked away once more. It was too much, the visuals, the sounds, the smells.

“Sure, you can help me clean and dress them. You did well last time.” He was gonna do it either way, though knew that it was much easier if he had aid. However if he kept his pants on, and her her nighties, wouldn't that just get them both wet? Sometimes Markus wondered if anyone ever thought things through.

“However, I need to bathe before bed. I don’t get to enjoy it as often as I would like… At least not with hot water.” Markus said the last part quietly. No one in the guild knew he chose to sleep upon the streets, and he really did not care for their sympathy, it was purely his choice, and one he enjoyed. Even if he did consider getting a place. Markus took a deep breath, he was gripping the  counter, worried that he would loose balance again. It was surprising, how much a person relied on their senses to do even simple things.

“If you desire, not, to see ‘junk’...” He paused, wondering why she used that choice of words. “How about you trust me not to die, and you can help me once I am done? Or, you can clean them now and let me enjoy soaking after.” He finished, his voice was strained, he still spoke slowly, in the way someone with a headache would not wishing to cause more pain.

He had no plans argue with her, but having no issue with stripping right now if it got her out of the room. He really did not care either way, he was gonna enjoy a shower. Though he doubted she would see much anyways. “Unless you want to help me that badly. I think I will manage somehow.” Markus left the rest up to her.

Notes:

Word Count : 9201

Last edited by MarkusEldridge on 7th January 2019, 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 26th July 2018, 2:52 pm

Nessa listened to his comment about his junk, felt herself grow a little hotter. Something in her mind clicked, and any nervous temperament she had been giving off was replaced with the swell of irritation. She lowered her gaze to him, eying him in through the darkness. She could see him although not that clearly, letting go of her dress, she raised her hands. Placing her hands on her hips defensively.Was he teasing her? She felt torn, a combination of being flustered by his remark and almost the desire to put him in his place for it. She got it, he didn't want her in that way, but to tease her like that. She felt the incredible urge to show him she was not gonna take it. Enhanced by her drunken ego, she wanted to teach him a lesson. To show him she wasn't an embarrassed little girl, but a full grown woman and he was gonna acknowledge that whether he damn well wanted to or not.

She listened to him as he agreed to let her clean his wounds, although she raised a unimpressed brow when he continued to tease her about her 'junk' remark. This guy was asking for it now. With  new found confidence, fuelled by her competitive nature infused with the alcohol clouding her mind. She held out her palm, summoning a small orb a light, it was pretty dim but just bright enough so she could see where she was going. Then she proceeded to walk straight past him, grabbing a bath sponge. Then turned to him, "You know what, I'm a big girl,  I think I can manage." She went over to the shower, and turned the tap on. Then glanced over her shoulder at him.

"Climb in, don't worry if we get a little damp, I can dry your panties for you after." Her eyes had a challenging glint to them, and her lips were curled in a smirk. Once he was under the water, she looked at him for a moment. Wondering if this was a good idea, she had never done this before. Certainly not with a man. Taking a breathe, she stepped in after him, the water falling over her once more. The nightie immediately becoming soaked and clinging to her body. Although this time, due to the colour of the material, it didn't go see-through. However it did cling to her skin enough so that not much would be left to his imagination. Were he to even look that was. She looked up at him, trying to remain the composure of what would be an inebriated yet confident woman. She stepped closer, reaching up she raised the sponge and began to clean his wounds.

WC: 456
    Total: 10492

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av4Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av4Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av4

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 7th January 2019, 1:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

MarkusEldridge
    MarkusEldridge

Character Sheet

Post by MarkusEldridge 26th July 2018, 4:15 pm

Black

Markus watched her, he could see some strange… determination, in her eyes. His head was still spinning, but he was trying to remember back to what he said when she spoke. Though, that was drowned out by her words. Was she, challenging him?

Markus looked deep into her eyes, trying to understand her. What was she after… He watched, as she turned on the water, stepping into the shower. Water soaking her clothes, her hair, she glanced back at him. Her final words hitting the nail in the coffin.

The black clad mage cocked his head, but followed direction. His eyes never once left hers. Within a matter of moment, Markus was soaked water streaming down the lines on his chest. Blood rushing off his skin, his hair clung to his face.

He let her touch his wounds, cleaning them with the sponge in her hands. She confused him, he was certain she felt the same way, that love was impossible between them. Yet, he knew she was challenging him. Questioning him. He just did not know why.

He moved as she requested, allowing her to have access to his wounds. Suddenly, Markus found himself facing Nessa, crouching down slightly to allow her to get the last of his wounds. He thinks he was starting to understand, although she admitted to feeling no love for him...

He had still denied her, something he had learned seems to vex woman. Especially those in a drunken stupor. He thought back to everything that had happened since they started drinking. Markus looked at her, he could admit, without issue, that she was beautiful. He wondered if she doubted that. As soon as he knew his wound was clean, he looked at her. They were close, mere inches apart, he could feel her soaked nighty tickling his chest

“Nessa…” He said, as water dripped from the two of them. His voice was quite yet direct, calm, yet calculating. He was looking directly into her eyes, their face only inches apart. Markus, realized, he thought of her as a true ally, and for some reason he felt he could trust her like no other person, he thought perhaps he was drunk but he was generally careful to watch his drink. She did not deny what she had seen him do, even if she did not agree with it, and in the end she had accepted him in a way even his parents could not. “Do you doubt you are desirable?” He asked simple. Looking into her eyes, for a split second, his eyes lit with a strange magic, a chaotic glow sparkled in his grey irises.

“You should not fear that. I apologize if I insulted you.” Markus said, as he leaned down. Their faces very close. He could not love her, and he doubted she wanted that. They were now breathing the same air, he stopped for just a moment before continuing.

If she did not turn away, their lips would graze. Otherwise, his would meet her forehead. Slightly, softly, nothing more than a whisper. Then he would turn away, grasping at a towel and stepping from the shower, used it to wipe the water from his eyes, completely ignoring his soaked pants.

Glancing back, he looked at the female mage as if nothing had happened. His eyes were clear of the magic. “We should probably wrap these wounds before they start to bleed again,” Markus said passively while reaching into his pouch and grabbing some of his spare wrappings.

This would not be the first time he found himself bleeding in a hotel room, it paid to be prepared.

Notes:

Word Count : 9809

Last edited by MarkusEldridge on 7th January 2019, 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 26th July 2018, 4:49 pm

Nesss proceeded to clean Markus’s wounds with steely determination, doing her best to not let their ‘intimate’ situation bother her. After all she had NEVER been in a shower with a man, let alone with so little clothes on. She did her best to concentrate on the wounds, although with her intoxicated state of being, she couldn’t help but find her eyes drifting over his muscles. She had seen them at the pool, but she had been standing further away, here she was inspecting them up close and personally. Feeling them as she worked over him with the sponge. The water dropped over her, soaking her thoroughly, she didn’t care though. She was determined to see this through, she wiped over the last wound. Looking up at his with smug satisfaction, only to be stilled by his gaze

His eyes bore down on her, locking her into place. She couldn’t look away, when he spoke, her mouth parted slightly in surprise. So he knew what she was doing, her cheeks grew pink once more. His eyes flickered with magic catching her by surprise. She was suddenly aware of how close they were. He was inching closer and for some reason she didn’t move away. Her body moved forward slightly almost  of its own accord as his lips grazed hers. A soft touch of their lips, and in the blink of a eye over as he then climbed out of the shower. She stood there for a moment, in shock, barely hearing what he said. She nodded stiffly, following him out, her heart was racing. She couldn’t bring herself to speak, she felt the adrenaline rushing through her body, her mind at a loss for what had just happened.

She walked over to him, almost robotically taking the bandage from him, her hands shaking as they did so. She got to work, only because it was something to do. Something to do while her mind went into drunken overdrive, she and Markus had kissed, sort of. She had wanted it too, and she had wanted more. Yet despite everything she told herself about not chasing after guys, here she was kissing one in a shower. One that admitted only hours earlier, that he couldn’t love her, ever. As she proceeded to tie his bandages, she came in front of him. Working on the one on his neck, she found herself staring at the line of his jaw. She shouldn’t persue this, she knew it was a bad idea, something told her not to do it. But she wanted to, she wanted to badly.

”So you do then... find me desirable that is?” She asked, giving in. She looked up at him, she had got confirmation of sorts. But her drunken greed was getting the better of her. Her violet eyes filled with a mixture of curiosity and slight wanting as she awaited his answer.

WC: 484
    Total: 10976

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av4Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av4Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Av4

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 7th January 2019, 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

MarkusEldridge
    MarkusEldridge

Character Sheet

Post by MarkusEldridge 10th August 2018, 6:48 pm

Black

Markus sat passively, his skin was becoming oily as his body dried. Water dripped from his hair, and pulling off his pants at the floor. Below him, a small puddle had started to appear between him and Nessa. He did not say anything as she worked, he could feel the tension in her movements, ‘sense’ the conflict in the air as they sat on the bed. The water below them preventing any of the previous blood from staining. He probably should have thought about drying off beforehand, but in his intoxicated state, the thought never crossed his mind.  

Blinking, the black clad mage tried to think on what could have changed, she had been so confident, nervous, but confident earlier as she got into the shower, and called him to join her. Markus shook his head slightly, letting water fleck off. He knew his drunken state was fading, he had not drank much, and had a lot of water to go with it, he felt more in control.

Though, his senses still burned, and bothered him. He could see more than he ever expected, and with Nessa so close he could smell more than just her shampoo, her body wash. He could smell her, the true her.

He waited as she moved around him, moved when she guided him, and held as she commanded. In the end, she ended up in front of him, looking down at him. Markus studied her gaze, her eyes, even though he could tell she was looking at him, he knew she was not looking at ‘him’.

Then, she spoke. Her words were surprising to the man, her need for clarification, or maybe resolution confused him. She was looking at him through a tilted gaze. He found himself wondering what she wanted. Although he was not really capable of the emotions that led to love, he was capable of lust, and wanting, instinct and desire.

He could not help but wonder, if this was what she wanted from him, if so it was something he could give, but he knew that she wanted more, and he could not give her that. This was no longer about love, but confirmation, and certainty.

“Yes.”, the black clad mage said, in his typical manor. He did not hesitate to reply, he knew the answer, and as far as he was concerned had already told her. Only now did he pause, but only for a second. “As I have stated, you are beautiful, and your personality is unmatched, in anyone I have met... Any suitor would be proud, and lucky, to catch your eye, and your love.” Markus added.

Markus looked again into her eyes, his solid, true, honest. Perhaps even, regretful. “Just because I am not a being capable of love, does not mean I do not understand it...” He said quietly. The two mages were close, her hand was still on his shoulder. He moved his to meet it, placing it lightly on top of hers.

“Or know what I am missing out on.” He finished his earlier statement, letting her know that if capable, he probably would. That the feelings, his feelings, had nothing to do with her.

He leaned back, letting his now bandaged body sink slightly into the bed… It was still too soft for his liking. He pulled his unbandaged arm over his body, placing it behind his head as a pseudo pillow.

Notes:

Word Count : 10381

Last edited by MarkusEldridge on 7th January 2019, 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 11th August 2018, 2:51 am

Nessa listened to his words, as he confirmed to her that despite his inability to love, any suitor would be lucky to have her. And that he did in fact find her desirable, her lips curled upwards in a small satisfied smile, she took a deep breath. Her eyes raked over him slowly, here he was in front of her, barely dressed completely soaked in water. It was a dangerous predicament for her, especially in the state of drunken desire that filled her. Yet, she didn't regret what she was doing, not in the least. Because deep down the primal urges that she suppressed were just making their way to the surface, and maybe, just maybe, that was a good thing. She was never normally this confident or direct with a man. So it wouldn't hurt to be a little more forward would it, to enjoy a little more ...contact.

She leaned forward, moving closer to Markus, reaching over she placed her right palm over his eyes. Picking up her feet, she climbed onto his lap so she was sat on top of him, straddling his legs, Her free hand pressed on the bed next to his head. Then she allowed her body to glow with soft starlight, radiating a gentle heat that covered them both. The only part she didn't allow her magic to go to was her hand, so he wouldn't have to look at the light. She didn't know why she felt the need to do this, but it would have been harder to do something so forward and look at him at the same time. Plus light directly in the eyes would have been a bit uncomfortable for anyone. Also this way, all of him was dry. Saving her having to hold her hands over his pants, this was better in that respect, surely?

With her free hand she ran her fingers through his hair magic surely it was drying thoroughly, leaning it to make sure she did a proper job. The last thing they both needed was a cold after this. Her magical light died down, and the warmth faded, leaving the two of them in the same position. Nessa slowly pulled her hand away from Markus's eyes, revealing herself to be only a few inches away from him. Her eyes sort his, "All dry now..." she whispered breathily.

WC: 395
    Total: 11371

Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes10Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes10Searching in the dark... [Markus] - Page 2 Nes10

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 7th January 2019, 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

MarkusEldridge
    MarkusEldridge

Character Sheet

Post by MarkusEldridge 23rd November 2018, 9:11 pm

Black

Markus blinked twice, the shower had done wonders for both his mind, and body. His head, while still trying to adjust to the lacrima, and his intoxication, felt better. Laying on his back, one arm behind his head, the chaos mage watched with a raised eyebrow as Nessa took another step forward, leaning into him. His skin tingled as she touched him, his eyes closed as she placed her hand over them, plunging his world into darkness.

Markus had stopped breathing as she climbed into his lap. While usually a man of logic, he could not help let his paranoia take over, imagining dozens of scenarios which ended in his death. Yet, he did nothing. The two mages had been close before, but this contact was something entirely different… more, intimate. Pleasant.

Finally he took in a sharp breath when he felt it, warmth, light, radiating from an unknown source hidden from his eyes. It was like standing in a noon day sun, blissfully warm. Markus, being a creature of darkness was unfamiliar with the feeling. It equally terrified him, and delighted the dark mage. He felt her fingers comb his hair, and could not stop his free hand, the one not under his head, from touching her side.

Suddenly, Markus could see once more, her hand now removed. The two mages were mere inches apart. He could hear her whisper, but only nod in response. Both mages, and the bed were now completely dry, her magic which held so much destructive power, had caused such an act. He looked directly into her eyes, realizing only now that he had underestimated the starlight maiden. Something he swore never to do again.

Markus moved his hand from behind head, and placed it on the small of her back. He could feel the light fabric, her breathing, her heart beat. Quietly, he whispered one word, loud enough for her to hear.

“Unpredictable.” It was not a question, nor an accusation, but a declaration, a realization. Slowly, if she allowed it, the chaos mage pulled her closer, closing the distance.

-----

The next morning came all too quickly, Markus having excused just himself from the bed was once more sitting by the window. He had slept soundly last night, far better than he had in a long time. For the first time in weeks, it had not visited him, and as such he had no dreams, no flashes of creation… or destruction.

Markus woke without a hangover, the water he had drank had done wonders. However, he still felt off. His world was different, sharper, lighter.

The mage glanced about the room, taking in the resting woman laying in bed, seeing details that would have eluded him before the changes made by his lacrima. Next to her, her friend and companion a small fairy sleeping softly in her bag, on the dresser. Finally, Hela Markus' own companion was laying at the foot of the bed, on the floor, looking up at him, studying him. Markus could only shrug at the creature.

Turning his attention from the room he looked out the window. Nesting on the seal, was the raven cooing softly as it slept. Markus wondered if it ha been there the whole night. He knew it would not be long before everyone started to wake, as such he was fine sitting there, enjoying the silence.  

Notes:

Word Count : 10945

Last edited by MarkusEldridge on 7th January 2019, 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 24th November 2018, 7:13 am

Her heart was racing in her chest, pounding so hard she felt like it was going to burst. Her breath became slightly shakey and her body trembled with nerves, being so close, looking in his dark eyes. Searching for...something. Some kind of acknowledgment, did he want this too? The feel of his hands on her, touching her through the thin layer of cloth that was her nightie. Sending little sparks of electricity pulsing through her, it was exhilarating. Something she had never experienced before, not even with Rex. He spoke a single word, a word she had drunkenly thrown at him earlier. Her lips curled into a smirk, and she felt him pulling her closer. She offered no resistance, leaning into him, she pressed her lips against his. At that moment everything melted away and she became lost in his arms.

Snoozing soundly on the double bed, Nessa had stretched out across the bed in a state of complete comfort. Having being curled up next to her companion all night, unconsciously when he had climbed out she had spread out, enjoying the new found space. Being used to a slightly smaller bed at home meant that she had slept even more comfortably than usual. Her mouth parted slightly, and her white hair spread across the pillows around her. As the sun peered through the window, the Starlight Maiden turned in her sleep. The light hitting her eyelids, she winced for a moment, woken by it. She brought her hand up to cover her eyes, yawning as she did so.  Her eyes peered open and she blinked a few times, sighing heavily after her yawn. She stared at the back of her hand for a moment, What happened yesterday? She thought in a moment of groggy confusion. Then as memories began to flicker through her head, she sat up sharply with a gasp. Nessa didn't suffer from hangovers, so, fortunately, the sudden movement didn't affect her. Albeit she was a little sore, her eyes widened and she glanced around the room.

Spotting Markus sat at the window, casually relaxing with the company of a bird and his black dog. Nessa let out a loud squeal, grabbing the bedsheet and covering herself up. She glanced down, at least she was still wearing her nightie, but in a newly sober mind she realized how inappropriate it really was. A mortified blush rose on her cheeks, she scrambled through her hazy memories, trying to pinpoint what had happened. But her thoughts weren't clear, "Oh god, oh god, oh no, oh no." She thought aloud, covering her face, she suddenly looked at Markus. "Last night... um...oh god.. did we?" She asked, panic clear in her voice. She couldn't remember, and she didn't have enough experience to know the signs that of whether or not they had. In the meantime, Arielle was beginning to stir from where he was dozing, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

WC: 489
    Total: 11860

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 7th January 2019, 1:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

MarkusEldridge
    MarkusEldridge

Character Sheet

Post by MarkusEldridge 25th November 2018, 3:19 pm

Black

Markus suddenly stood, alert, cautious, magic crackling at his fingertips. He was looking at the cause of his worry. Sitting on the bed, blanket over chest, was the mortified woman he had just shared a bed with. Glancing around, Markus could find no cause for her strife… no reason for her exclamation.

Slowly, he let his magic die down, and he listened to her speak, or mutter.

She seemed worried, flush. Markus thought perhaps she needed some water, and as such walked to the dresser, and filled her a glass. He reached her just as she finished speaking what could be thought of as a question, but certainly not a sentence.

Cocking his head to the side, he handed her the glass. “Did we what?” Markus asked, unsure what was causing her so much strife. Glancing over he could see Hela looking up at him with a deep look. The Raven he had met the night before, and sat by only a few second ago had come in through the window, and was standing next to the wolf, making a strange pair.

Suddenly, it started to click in his mind, and he spoke up again, concentrating again on the starlight maiden. “Sleep together?... Well, yeah.” Markus clarified, and answered. Not quite understanding what she meant. He usually slept on the floor, but was more tired than he had expected. He had fallen asleep on the bed last night, and Nessa had slept against him.

Although he felt no need to apologize, the panic Nessa so clearly showed caused Markus to speak more. “I usually sleep on the floor, but I guess after the day I just passed out.” Markus stated, not really helping things.

Suddenly Markus heard a somewhat familiar voice, and soft laugh. Looking over, Markus could see that the Raven had moved next to Arielle. Nessa fairy. Markus could only stare in wonder as it spoke. “she means love, the star child wishes to know if you made her unpure.” The voice coming from the raven seemed amused, but serine, and certainly feminine.

Markus could only blink while his mind caught up. It all made sense finally, and Markus had to hold back laughter. Cocking his brow, and adopting his signature smirk he looked at the starlight maiden. “that forgettable huh…” Markus was silent for only a second before speaking. “,you have nothing to worry about.” He added calmly, not really giving her a straight answer. At least he knew where they stood, the idea mortified her, and he was certain he had no attachments to worry about.

Notes:

Word Count : 11375

Last edited by MarkusEldridge on 7th January 2019, 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 25th November 2018, 5:05 pm

Nessa watched Markus as he walked across the room to fetch her some water, wondering how the hell he could be so casual. She took the water and sipped it, enjoying the freshness in her rather dry mouth. She put it down, hearing him repeat her question back to her. She brought her hand to her face, Oh god he’s going to make me say it aloud. She thought, flushing an even deeper shade of red. Nessa had never been one for casually discussing the intimate moments that occured between man and woman. Not even with her friends growing up, they had always gossiped and nattered about it in the past. Nessa however had never felt it appropriate to get involved. It was just too embarrassing, especially when you’ve never experienced it yourself.

But there was a moment of relief, because if he didn’t know what they were talking about, then perhaps it didn’t get that far. The memory of herself pressed against him flickered in her mind, causing her to look away. Feeling a little warmer, she took a shaky sip of water before putting it on the table. Why did I act like that... She thought, it was so out of character for her. She heard him speak and glanced back, her eyes widening in horror as she misinterpreted his words. They had slept together. Her heart was raching once more, her cheeks hot, she brought the blanket up to her face. No.. no I can’t have... my first... time was ... like that. And the worst part was she couldn’t remember it, that intimate experience she had dreamed of sharing with the man she loved and she had thrown it away. She had the sudden urge to cry. Even Markus’s follow up commenting wasn’t enough for her to realise that wasnt what he meant.

Only then she heard a voice she didn’t recognise, she peeked over the sheets at the source. Spotted the Raven sat next to Arielle who was watching them quietly with a smile. The Raven explained what she had meant in a rather, plwasant way, and It seemed Markus finally understood. He laughed, making a joke before telling her they hadn’t done the deed. Although she still wore the blush on her cheeks, her face softened with relief. She felt the panic and anguish disappear. She brought the sheets down and felt back against the bed. Taking a minute to calm down, suddenly she grabbed a pillow and launched it at him. ”It’s not funny Markus,” She said with a pout, before rolling onto her side and sitting up. She needed to get dressed really, she didn’t want to carry on talking to him in this nightie. She looked away again, she also needed to address that, ”About what we talked about last night... can we keep that between us?” She asked hesitantly, between her Mothers passing and Rex, she had said a lot she didn’t want being repeated. She had a feeling Markus wouldn’t go blabbing about it, but it was better to ask.

WC: 512
    Total: 12372

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 7th January 2019, 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

MarkusEldridge
    MarkusEldridge

Character Sheet

Post by MarkusEldridge 25th November 2018, 5:50 pm

Black

Markus held up his arms as the pillow was thrown in his direction, letting it collide before falling to the ground. Watching the female mage stand he move back from the bed, and turned away. Chucking softly he did not respond, personally he found it quite funny, though he let it drop.

When she spoke up again, he glanced back and waved his hand. “There is much of this last night I think should stay between us.” He said simply, after all she was not the o lying one who had confided during their intoxicated state. “your past, and its secrets, are safe with me.” He added.

Glancing over, he walked up to the Raven and fairy sitting on the nightstand. Looking down, he addressed the creature, “you were with us, wert you?” Markus asked, finally realizing where he had heard the voice.

The ravens response confirmed his suspicion. “Yes… you saved me from those… monsters.” Markus could hear emotion from the creature, and thought he saw tears. If such a thing was possible. As he watched, the creature shifted, morphed, and changed. Its feathers turning into a dress, its claws into legs, and its beaks a mouth.

Suddenly, standing next to Arielle was another fairy. “I’m Arinia, and I am in your dept.” Markus only nodded, he understood how the fairy felt. But knew not what to say.

Walking across the room he found his discarded sleeveless shirt, wrappings, and coat. Getting dressed he spoke behind his shoulder. “Did you sleep well? I know yesterday was… not what either of us expected.”

Markus decided, if they were gonna deal with the awkwardness of waking up together, without any of the fun bits, he might as well make conversation.

Notes:

Word Count : 11,740

Last edited by MarkusEldridge on 7th January 2019, 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 26th November 2018, 2:24 pm

Nessa bit her lip, nodding at his words. Completely agreeing with him, this entire experience wasn't exactly something she wanted getting around the guild. Really, they had just gotten caught up in the moment and the inebriation, there was nothing to be ashamed of. But still, the idea of her guildmate's gossiping and judging her, for this sort of behaviour, would be much for her to bare. She glanced at the Raven as he addressed it, intrigued by it. If it wasn't for the fact she was used to Sebastian, a talking bird might've freaked her out. But she was quickly learning to expect the unexpected as a mage; also there was the fact Arielle seemed relaxed entirely next to her. She watched in Awe as the creature transformed into a fairy, her mouth dropping slightly in surprise. So that's why it was here, like Arielle it felt indebted Markus for saving it. Nessa was surprised Markus didn't dispute the fairies help more so, being such a lone wolf and all. But decided it was not worth questioning out loud. As Markus turned around to dress, Nessa quickly darted up and grabbed her satchel, heading into the bathroom. "Hold on," She said following his question, waiting to take advantage of the opportunity. Stepping inside, she shut the door behind her.

Reaching inside her bag and began to pull out some clean clothes. It wasn't much, to squeeze it in the bag, she had packed white tank top and a pale blue skirt. She quickly changed, before climbing out of the packing, brushing out the knots in her hair. Markus's question still lingered in the air, she looked at the bed they had shared. She offered him a small smile, she knew he was trying to be polite and make small talk. It didn't really make her feel any less awkward, but she couldn't fault him for trying. "I slept really well actually... It's been a long time since I've shared a bed with anyone." She said, stopping herself before she admitted that it was actually kind of nice. The last time she had slept next to someone was a sleepover back in her school days with her friends. When she had stayed around her best friends, Cassie's and three of them had shared her king-sized bed together. "So what do you plan to do next?" She asked, unsure of how else to continue the encounter, but with more small talk.

WC: 410
    Total: 12782

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 7th January 2019, 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

MarkusEldridge
    MarkusEldridge

Character Sheet

Post by MarkusEldridge 27th November 2018, 9:54 am

Black

Markus did not question as the female mage went to change, and instead spent the time examining the fairy that would be his partner, just as she was examining him. His mind was still lost in thought, thinking of the events that had transpired. He knew Nessa understood he could never love her, just as he understood she did not expect that from him. However, he worried that they had good too far, he had given too much. Even if they had not slept together, what had happened was almost more intimate, more… trusting to the darkness mage. Sleeping with someone in such a way was dangerous, yet he slept so much better than he ever had before.

Markus noticed a curious look in the creature’s eyes, but something, instinct probably, told him to wait till they were alone to speak with the fairy. He knew immediately she could see things others can not and read that which most tried to hide. She knew someone intimately using something unknown to the black clad mage. It was… strange and worrying. He had many questions and wanted the be certain she was up to being his partner. He knew it would be dangerous, he was not a good man, and not a safe teammate. Yet, he could see the value in such a being watching him.

He did not have to wait long for Nessa to return, glancing in her direction, Markus noticed she was now dressed in a white top, and blue skirt. It was an attractive outfit, and he was pretty sure she knew it so felt no need to make a comment. Besides, there was still much for the mage to contemplate. Instead, he merely nodded at the female mage, the smile she gave Markus caused him to listen to her speak. It had been a while sense he had shared a bed as well, though he assumed by her demeaner they meant to different things. He had slept with people before, but never stayed the night. He was pretty sure however that was not something she wanted to hear. “Yeah, it was nice. Safe. I slept well.” Was all he said, rather passively trying to not say too much.

Answering the question, she asked Markus spoke, “Well, we need to head back to the guild, and turn in this job. Then, I will probably see what else is available. Maybe take a day or two to myself. Then look for more jobs, could always use another hand? We should do this again…” He paused for a moment realizing how that sounded. “The job I mean.”

Markus looked at her after gathering the rest of his things, and once they were both packed up, he headed out the door. He knew he was supposed to ask about her, but he was never really good at small talk. Or, any kind of talk really. As such, unless initiated the mages would lapse into silence as they returned to Magnolia, and the Guild Hall. It was strange for Markus to reflect, that night had been confusing, on top of the new senses he was getting used to, the drink, and her response to what he had done he realized without even meaning to that he had made a friend, one he knew he could rely on and trust.

It was once they got to Magnolia that Markus felt the call, a slight pull in his mind. Chaos, the primordial being who had gifted Markus his magic was calling to him, requesting him in SIN… taking a breath he looked up at the female not far from him. Her white hair shined reaching well down her back. He could see she was smiling. She looked happy, though that was not unusually for the woman. Markus contemplated for a moment, then allowed himself to fade into darkness. He would tell her once he returned.

If only he knew how long it would have been, the chaos mage would have made different decisions that night.

Notes:

Word Count : 12,657

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 4:14 pm