Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Positions

Hania
    Hania

Demonically Bound

Demonically Bound

Developer/GFX Artist- Demon VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior of Steel
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 206,450

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Requiem
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Positions Empty Positions

Post by Hania 24th April 2017, 7:52 am

Recently the White dragon slayer position came up for grabs. (Congratulations to our new dragon slayer, commiserations to those who applied and didn't get the position) I personally didn't go for the position not because I thought that the slayer position was overrated but because I put a lot of effort into my own magic; however, before rp there is always real life (poxy real life) which comes with responsibility and things unexpectedly popping up with this being said I do have a suggestion for positions/celestial keys that may make things a little more fair everyone involved.

What I think perhaps would make it easier/fairer on everyone within the site and allow more people to try go for these highly wanted items/positions would be a clear cut start/end period.

Example:

It's just a thought, even if not approved thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Tama~
    Lacey Botticelli

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Player 
    Lineage : Viktor's Descent
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 8575

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kiah Lake
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Positions Empty Re: Positions

Post by Lacey Botticelli 24th April 2017, 3:28 pm

Tamashi wrote:Recently the White dragon slayer position came up for grabs. (Congratulations to our new dragon slayer, commiserations to those who applied and didn't get the position) I personally didn't go for the position not because I thought that the slayer position was overrated but because I put a lot of effort into my own magic; however, before rp there is always real life (poxy real life) which comes with responsibility and things unexpectedly popping up with this being said I do have a suggestion for positions/celestial keys that may make things a little more fair everyone involved.

What I think perhaps would make it easier/fairer on everyone within the site and allow more people to try go for these highly wanted items/positions would be a clear cut start/end period.

Example:

It's just a thought, even if not approved thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Tama~

I think part of the positions thread is so that if you actively are looking to fill a position you'll go to the thread and see if the one you want is open : ) since dragon slayer positions are kind of rare because they don't require VIP, I think if we advertised it there would be a countless number of people who apply instead of the less-countless number of those who have a specific idea already.
    Haku'na Matata
    Haku'na Matata

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Experience : 825

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haku'na Matata 24th April 2017, 7:20 pm

I dont think a lot of people would want the position if there was an expiration date on it. So you start a D rank, make it all the way to SS. Make All the magic for it, only to have to start from scratch in a month or so. I honestly think its ok the way it is, if some one wishes to remain fire dragon slayer for 30 generations, they can :P

They have to remain an active member of the community, which seems fair. Or if you don't want to give up our position, you could always attempt for a lacrima.
    Lacey Botticelli

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Player 
    Lineage : Viktor's Descent
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 8575

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kiah Lake
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lacey Botticelli 24th April 2017, 8:03 pm

Haku'na Matata wrote:I dont think a lot of people would want the position if there was an expiration date on it. So you start a D rank, make it all the way to SS. Make All the magic for it, only to have to start from scratch in a month or so. I honestly think its ok the way it is, if some one wishes to remain fire dragon slayer for 30 generations, they can :P

They have to remain an active member of the community, which seems fair. Or if you don't want to give up our position, you could always attempt for a lacrima.

I'm not sure, but I didn't think he meant you're only allowed to hold the position for a certain amount of time.

I was under the impression that the suggestion was a certain period of time when applications would be open.

Post by Guest 24th April 2017, 10:26 pm

This was previously brought up in staff to allow a 24hr wait period of applications. However, Positions have always been on a first come, first serve basis; there has never been an allotted wait time. It may seem like a competitive thing to you, or something in that context, but positions are based on what the admins, and myself, see in the person and if the person had met set requirements. You don't see multiple people signing up for WS #1, for example, because they think they deserve it despite their rank. The most that can be offered is more prerequisites before signing up to help sift out the ones who aren't necessarily prepared/deemed worthy of the position, as harsh as that sounds.
    Haku'na Matata
    Haku'na Matata

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Experience : 825

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haku'na Matata 25th April 2017, 3:14 am

Leahndr Aspont wrote:
    Haku'na Matata wrote:I dont think a lot of people would want the position if there was an expiration date on it. So you start a D rank, make it all the way to SS. Make All the magic for it, only to have to start from scratch in a month or so. I honestly think its ok the way it is, if some one wishes to remain fire dragon slayer for 30 generations, they can :P

I'm not sure, but I didn't think he meant you're only allowed to hold the position for a certain amount of time.

I was under the impression that the suggestion was a certain period of time when applications would be open.

Ahh ok, that makes far more sense xD
    Hania
    Hania

Demonically Bound

Demonically Bound

Developer/GFX Artist- Demon VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hania 25th April 2017, 3:21 am

You misunderstand what I meant.
    I meant if a slayer position or key become available for whatever reason that a clear cut application time be set to prevent misunderstandings and the likes. After all people are on different time zones and have different things to deal with in real life so they might miss the deadline as they didn't know when they had to have it in by.
    Hania
    Hania

Demonically Bound

Demonically Bound

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hania 25th April 2017, 3:24 am

Marceline Anicetus wrote:
    This was previously brought up in staff to allow a 24hr wait period of applications. However, Positions have always been on a first come, first serve basis; there has never been an allotted wait time. It may seem like a competitive thing to you, or something in that context, but positions are based on what the admins, and myself, see in the person and if the person had met set requirements. You don't see multiple people signing up for WS #1, for example, because they think they deserve it despite their rank. The most that can be offered is more prerequisites before signing up to help sift out the ones who aren't necessarily prepared/deemed worthy of the position, as harsh as that sounds.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the reply. ^^
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- God Slayer- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Legacy of the Fire King
    Position : The Vanquisher
    Guild : Infinity Hydra (Guildmaster)
    Mentor : Hephaestus
    Experience : 420,643

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Flame God Slayer (3rd Gen)
    Second Skill: -
    Third Skill:

Post by Ardere Kasai 25th April 2017, 12:47 pm

As someone who has held a position for nearly two years, I have put a lot of work into my magic so I would not enjoy an end date now or even when I first got it. Only way I'm losing this is if I go inactive or quit tbh xD

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Positions FYZkfE1
    God Force:

Legacy Form:

Hania
    Hania

Demonically Bound

Demonically Bound

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hania 25th April 2017, 1:01 pm

Ardere Kasai wrote:As someone who has held a position for nearly two years, I have put a lot of work into my magic so I would not enjoy an end date now or even when I first got it. Only way I'm losing this is if I go inactive or quit tbh xD

As I stated above when another person mentioned the same thing about the position coming to an end after x amount of time that is not what I was going for. I meant if a position was ever to become free that a clear cut window of opportunity be shown so that people whom may be interested in said position would know how long they have to get their applications in before the final decision for whom would be filling said position would be decided.
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- God Slayer- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ardere Kasai 25th April 2017, 1:39 pm

I suppose I could see the use in it. But anyone who truly wants it will apply immediately. xD we've got some snakes waiting in the shadows to strike!

In the odd situation of no one applying for it, I'm guessing it gets an extension?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Positions FYZkfE1
    God Force:

Legacy Form:

Hania
    Hania

Demonically Bound

Demonically Bound

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hania 25th April 2017, 1:49 pm

Ardere Kasai wrote:I suppose I could see the use in it. But anyone who truly wants it will apply immediately. xD we've got some snakes waiting in the shadows to strike!

In the odd situation of no one applying for it, I'm guessing it gets an extension?

we have a wds
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ardere Kasai 25th April 2017, 1:50 pm

I mean for any position.

Positions FYZkfE1
    God Force:

Legacy Form:

Hania
    Hania

Demonically Bound

Demonically Bound

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hania 25th April 2017, 1:51 pm

Ardere Kasai wrote:I mean for any position.

Oh yeah they'd be highly sought after
    Cielle
    Cielle

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : Black Rose
    Experience : 1,206.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Paradise Control
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Cielle 26th April 2017, 10:09 pm

I can see definite reason for having at least a day or two to apply. Doesn't have to be something as long as a week, but a day or two offers different time zones the opportunity to express interest. After that maybe they have another two days or so to make their sample then it's decided.

Post by Guest 27th April 2017, 4:42 pm

Cielle wrote:I can see definite reason for having at least a day or two to apply. Doesn't have to be something as long as a week, but a day or two offers different time zones the opportunity to express interest. After that maybe they have another two days or so to make their sample then it's decided.

I agree with having 24-48 hours for the position to remain open, just in case people are in different timezones or simply not online due to real life. (:

Nothing like a week; but 24 hours to let people who are interested throw up an app if they so desire.
    Hania
    Hania

Demonically Bound

Demonically Bound

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hania 28th April 2017, 11:09 am

Izayuki wrote:

Cielle wrote:I can see definite reason for having at least a day or two to apply. Doesn't have to be something as long as a week, but a day or two offers different time zones the opportunity to express interest. After that maybe they have another two days or so to make their sample then it's decided.

I agree with having 24-48 hours for the position to remain open, just in case people are in different timezones or simply not online due to real life. (:

Nothing like a week; but 24 hours to let people who are interested throw up an app if they so desire.

I only threw up a week as an example

Current date/time is 1st May 2024, 5:20 pm