Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

PvP Update

Irina Naginata
    Irina Naginata

Assassin Queen

Assassin Queen

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Archmage's Seal
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 6,968.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Purifiers Flame
    Second Skill: Resonance (WIP)
    Third Skill:

PvP Update Empty PvP Update

Post by Irina Naginata 13th December 2015, 10:17 pm

So I, Irina Naginata, have been working as a member of the Dev team to update the Arena PvP rules. The rules for the most part just needed to be reworded to be better understood, the other rules that apply directly to PvP stated elsewhere in the proper rules section and are better known as Balancing things. Besides that it was decided that a lot of the duel system beyond the rules would need to be updated as well specifically the rewards, so I figured I would ask you guys for input.

1. The duel types, currently there are three types of duels, Normal 1v1, weapon 1v1 and pet 1v1... well pets essentially make it 2v2 but still. We are looking to add some more interesting idea's for the PvP types such as maybe adding the idea of team fights where you have 2 or more people per side fighting as a team instead of just 1v1s all around. Also some unique concepts such as hazard modes having the environment shift to make things more interesting, maybe you roll something very beneficial (looking at you slayers) or something very bad for you, a little something to spice things up and make things interesting.

2. The rewards, Rewards are constantly looked at and are often the influence of restrictions such as not being able to fight your own guild members. Usually if you are fighting your own guild members its some sort of friendly bout to see who's better and we on the Dev team feel that it isn't fair to say you can't fight your own guild and not get rewards for it and besides this rule gets broken anyway. As such to minimize abuse it is highly likely that we will change most of the rewards as to discourage abuse of the system. Such rewards may include special tokens to spend at a PvP shop. If we do run with a PvP shop what would you like to see available there?

3. Fairness in Fights, Everyone hates trying to fight someone of higher rank, and it has been many the source of controversial topics we all know and love (that was sarcasm). So in order to bring fairness we may implement a reduce rank system in which the higher ranking opponent gets reduced to match the rank of the lower ranking opponent in order to put them on equal ground. Also the option to allow people to fight other people of higher rank cause some people just want to be IC idiots and challenge an H rank to a duel even though they are D rank and can probably get one shot just be him punching you (though no one would get rewards for a duel that is so short, that rule stays) but nothing should be stopping you from wanting to be silly and doing something that may be considered suicide. So there may also be a discretion system put in place that allows to people to be idiots for fun or allows them to request that their opponent be taken down a few notches to meet their level. TL;DR? We decided we may allow you to take an H rank from H rank to D rank if you really really wanted to fight him as a D rank or you can just fight him as a D rank just to get one shot, your choice not ours.

All in all we look to add a little more freedom to the PvP system, remove cases where abuse can be made (but be warned we will be watching for it), add different maybe some more unique rewards besides EXP, and add more options for PvP duels.

Now that my big explanation is done I want to ask for your Input on some of the decided changes and some ideas for duel types that we can add, the three that are there now aren't going anywhere but we want to add more. So what do you think?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Irina and Nova Battle Theme:

Theme:
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

PvP Update Empty Re: PvP Update

Post by Rosetta Crawford 14th December 2015, 2:35 am

In the case of the reduced rank thing would that reduce everything? So they'd only have access to up to that rank in spells? Or would they still have all spells, but those that are higher than that rank are reduced. So as a H rank, i fight a C rank and get dropped to C. Do I only have up to my C rank in spells (and thus lose my passive spells as they can only be gotten by S and above) or do I get all my spells, but those above C are reduced to C?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

PvP Update Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

PvP Update Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

PvP Update Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Irina Naginata
    Irina Naginata

Assassin Queen

Assassin Queen

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Irina Naginata 15th December 2015, 1:23 am

Reducing Rank is somewhat of an iffy topic considering how some people like some of the stuff they get at higher ranks and I get that some people like to keep the stuff they worked so hard to get, but it isn't exactly fair in duels especially when you already have people of equal rank using their own crazy stuff. The biggest issue with reducing rank is the unique abilities, spells being simple as you can simply reduce their rank or disable them, but unique abilities have no rank so there is no real way of knowing which ones you need to disable.

I really just want PvP to feel more fair for everyone while still allowing people to have those bragging right cases where if they beat someone of a higher rank they can have their moment of glory. I also want to make it something that everyone can participate in not just the numerous low ranking people who outnumber the higher ranking people by an immense amount, I mean H ranks have an increasingly difficult time finding opponents now cause there aren't a whole lot of people within their level range. Though this in no way means I am encouraging PvP for the rest of the site, just trying to make it a better system so that it can be more than just a D-B rank thing.

Theme:
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 16th December 2015, 6:55 am

With the rank differences no longer being so extreme and us having guidelines for PVP its now a lot more likely for say a B rank to be at least able to have a chance against beating an S rank.

PvP Update Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

PvP Update Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

PvP Update Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Irina Naginata
    Irina Naginata

Assassin Queen

Assassin Queen

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Irina Naginata 17th December 2015, 1:46 am

Well I suppose that the chance is there but has this actually been tested? Can a B rank actually give an S rank a run for their money, perhaps we should test this scenario a bit further before we actually draw that conclusion. And I do understand that it is very possible to actually defeat people of higher rank than you, it's just that right now you don't even have the option of doing that.

There is also a discretion system being added so it allows people to be brave and actually fight people of higher rank. But then again who would chose that option in the first place. People have a tendency to avoid things that aren't in their favor so really is seeing more B verse S rank going to actually happen regardless of if we allow it or not?

Theme:
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 17th December 2015, 3:00 am

I would gladly go up against someone of a higher rank than me, on any of my characters. Before I joined here I was on a site that had a very well made pvp system, and I challenged people well over my rank and capabilities and managed to come out on top.

This site is a lot more balanced than that one between the ranks, the other site actually had a limit to amount of actions per turn. The higher a certain stat allowed more than your opponent based on difference. If we need a test I can put up Aiyana(A rank) to fight an H or S rank to show that the ranks are not that massive of a difference. When it was double power, triple for H, each rank it was OP. But now it's not too much of an increase per rank and can be done without as much trouble.

PvP Update MQNhOUw

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 5:41 pm