Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons]

beets
    beets

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Phoenix Fire
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 75,000

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Endless ☢ Fusion
    Second Skill: ☲ Fire Dragon ☲
    Third Skill:

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] Empty Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons]

Post by beets 5th November 2013, 10:25 am

The only problem with my Armory seemed to be with this flute.  So for a swifter approval process,  I've snipped it and given it it's own topic while those items critical to my character are left alone.

If a staff approves it,  please Merge it with the Armory if you can.
    https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t4934-star-s-armory-clementine-s-armament#68492

Name: Black Feather Flute
    Type: Flute
    Description: 
    Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] IMG_4416
    The Black Feather Flute is a flute carved from black Night Raven wings,  a large raven like bird with black bone matter.    The Black Feather Flute is a tool of questionable design that is more likely to see ill begotten usage rather than the fulfillment of it's original intentions.
    The Black Feather flute is a device that calls to the aching heart and the lonely soul with a melody that only the bearers of such broken spirits can hear.
    Or so what little myth on it says.
    Strengths: 
    - The Black Feather Flute has little application as an actual musical instrument,  but is sufficiently weighted to be used as an effective club while the beak of the carving is such that it can make an effective stabbing weapon.
    - The Black Feather Flute's construction makes it impact resistant,  allowing it to be dropped from any height or be used as a bludgeoning instrument to the heart's content.   This doesn't apply to the concentrated brute damage of being hit with bludgeoning attacks in kind.  
    - The Black Feather Flute is capable of taking the form of a single black feather.
    Weaknesses: 
    - The flute's music can't be heard normally,  no matter how hard you try.   This could give the flute away if someone happens to know it.
    - The fine craftsmanship and unique design automatically pin the flute as something abnormal,  preventing any clever trickery during parties.
    - The flute is semi-sentient,  and will feel insulted if used as a bludgeoning tool.  A sad flute can't play music at all,  let alone special magic music.
    - The flute likes to believe it can fly,  and when placed on a wall or set down somewhere,  it will attempt to do so.  Failing horribly,  it will simply clatter to the ground.
    - Being the weak weapon that it is,  being hit unprotected by a C rank or higher spell breaks it and generally makes it scream like it lost a limb.  Well.  It probably did.
    Abilities: 

Name: Heartsong
    Description:  The flute plays music that calls out the lonely souls,  those who feel oppressed or abandoned.  The song's notes are hypnotic,  and lure it's victims towards the source of the sound like moths to a flame.   When they arrive at the destination,  it invokes primal sensations of joy and amusement causing one to inexplicably start dancing in a ritualistic fashion.   
    Those captivated by the song will do all they can within their power to get to the source of the flute,  and to do so will climb towers or escape out of windows with uncanny skill and silence.  They wont do anything blatantly stupid like jump off a cliff,  but they will do things like jump through flames if there is no other option,  risking pain or mild to moderate injury but not death.
    The music effects all those who can hear it,  which is a significant range such that it could effect several entire city blocks.
    Strengths:
    A captivating effect that hypnotizes those who hear it.
    A quite sizeable range of effect.
    Those who would be effected by it but missing only one thing;  the feels,   are instead lulled to a peaceful sleep. 

Weaknesses:
    - It is incapable of effecting those possessing magic.
    - It can't hypnotize the majority of adults,   neither small toddlers (But it makes them sleep). 
    - Hypnotic effect is broken when someone other than someone hypnotized or the caster touches them.
    -Effect ends once the flute stops playing.
    -Imposed cooldown of 2 posts per post used,  because the flute is kind of a bastard and doesn't like "Being used like some barnyard tool"  Despite the fact that it IS a tool.

Name: Skullwater Chambers (x7).
    Type: Sea Capsule
    Description: 
    Spoiler:
    Skullwater Chambers are a series of seven capsules meant for emergency use in underwater scenarios.  They aren't capable of travel,  but are only capable enough of surviving intense pressures and providing vertical movement in water through the generation of air and the pumping of water in and out of the capsule. 
    The Capsules appear like small balls,  easily carried in a bag,  on a belt, or in hidden pockets.  Clicking a button makes them expand until they're large enough to accommodate 1 occupant,  though up to four can fit in,  though it'd be extremely claustrophobic and cramped,  not to mention the hatch being small (Larger sized men wont be able to fit through the hatch).
    These capsules can't shrink once expanded,  and weigh the same as a car in it's lightest setting making moving it difficult.
    Strengths: 
    - Heavy plating makes it difficult to break with blunt damage.
    - It's plating and spherical structure makes it nearly impossible to destroy through external pressure ie; deep water exploration. 
    - Self contained and air-tight.
    Weaknesses:
    - It doesn't have any special defense against other forms of damage.
    - It doesn't do much besides float.
    - There is no view of the outside. The only way to tell if you've hit surface is to check if it stopped gaining elevation, and likewise for reaching deeper levels.
    - They can't be activated (Expanded) when not in water,  and it detects and does not function if there isn't at least a pool sized body of water.

- The one small opening of the chamber that blends in with the top of the sphere is the lone entrance and exit. It could be easily barred or prevented from opening, meanwhile it has no airlock sort of system, and opening it underwater will flood the capsule in an almost explosive inward rush of water, which may be lethal to the occupant. If they survive however, the water can be pumped out in 30 seconds externally and from within.
    - The hatch has no lock, it can be opened easily from inside and outside alike with it swinging both inwards and outwards.
    Abilities:

Elevation Control: The Skullwater Chambers can regulate their elevation, moving up and down in the water. As a part of this, it magically generates breathable air both for any occupant and to keep it floating, or expel enough while taking in water to lower it while increasing it's density to speed downward movement to about 3/4ths falling speeds in air.

Last edited by Clementine on 5th November 2013, 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] ZO2CcBO
    TacticalFallacy
    TacticalFallacy

The Undefined Formula

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Veteran Level 1- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Master Hades (Deceased)
    Experience : 450

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Amaterasu Mudra Formula
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] Empty Re: Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons]

Post by TacticalFallacy 5th November 2013, 9:57 pm

Raven Flute:
    - Give a general weakness that this can be broken by C-rank and above spells.
    - Give a spell weakness that once your character is being attacked, she will have to stop playing the flute. Also, have a cooldown effect(you can say the flute is tired/unwilling etc) and have the cooldown be at least 10 posts due to the low weapon rank, wide spell range and its powerful effect. Finally, have anyone who gets knocked out of hypnosis mid-spell be immune to the spell for the rest of its current usage.

Skullwater Chambers:
    -3/4th speed of falling in air is very difficult to estimate, so I suggest giving a real value, especially one that isn't so fast that it will smash your vessel on impact with the seafloor, no matter the heavy plating. I would suggest something like 50 times that of Trieste vessel, at 45 metres per second.
    -Also, how do you carry 7 of these things on you? Do they have an inactive form? Furthermore, how many people can fit in one of them? And why 7? Are they each only usable once?
    -Finally, you can forget about opening your hatch in the water in the first place, as the water pressure is truly very immense if you are deep enough to cause such an explosive rush of water.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Theme:
    Current Jobs:
    beets
    beets

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Phoenix Fire
    Experience : 75,000

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Endless ☢ Fusion
    Second Skill: ☲ Fire Dragon ☲
    Third Skill:

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] Empty Re: Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons]

Post by beets 5th November 2013, 10:53 pm

TacticalFallacy wrote:Raven Flute:
    - Give a general weakness that this can be broken by C-rank and above spells.
    - Give a spell weakness that once your character is being attacked, she will have to stop playing the flute*.  Also, have a cooldown effect(you can say the flute is tired/unwilling etc) and have the cooldown be at least 10 posts due to the low weapon rank, wide spell range and its powerful effect. Finally, have anyone who gets knocked out of hypnosis mid-spell be immune to the spell for the rest of its current usage.**
    *Why would she be forced to stop playing if she doesn't want to stop playing,  regardless of some munchkin waving a stick at her?

**I had something to say here,  but I forgot .w.;
    Edit (Not really as I haven't sent this yet):
    Ah,  I remember.  Redundant.  As I said that having someone touch them at all breaks it.
    Edit2: Italics due towards excitement. "Woo, I remembered!" ect.

Skullwater Chambers:
    -3/4th speed of falling in air is very difficult to estimate, so I suggest giving a real value, especially one that isn't so fast that it will smash your vessel on impact with the seafloor, no matter the heavy plating. I would suggest something like 50 times that of Trieste vessel, at 45 metres per second.
    -Also, how do you carry 7 of these things on you? Do they have an inactive form? Furthermore, how many people can fit in one of them? And why 7? Are they each only usable once?
    -Finally, you can forget about opening your hatch in the water in the first place, as the water pressure is truly very immense if you are deep enough to cause such an explosive rush of water.

What the absolute heck. DX
    I HAD almost all of those things addressed already.  I was so sure of it I almost replied to this as such,  but re-read the app first to avoid being an ass if I didn't afterall.
    I specifically recall writing that shiz out, but now it's gone...

*sigh*

Oh well.

The only comment now would be that the maximum falling speed is the maximum,  and if the occupant lets themself crash like that it's their problem.  

And to repeat what I typed before it vanished.  Yes I had them as consumable.   The consumable was in that they start small,  like little balls,  then expand to just large enough that a lone occupant could stand inside,  and with her hands out stretched she would have to lean to the sides a bit but from standing in the center could touch them.
    Like a broom closet I guess,  with sitting room.

They're meant to be discarded after use,  left where they are.    They're like elevators for the sea.  

The hatch opens both inwards and outwards.

Both more or less fixed.

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] ZO2CcBO
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 11th November 2013, 7:35 am

Clementine wrote:The only problem with my Armory seemed to be with this flute.  So for a swifter approval process,  I've snipped it and given it it's own topic while those items critical to my character are left alone.

If a staff approves it,  please Merge it with the Armory if you can.
    https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t4934-star-s-armory-clementine-s-armament#68492

Name: Black Feather Flute
    Type: Flute
    Description: 
    Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] IMG_4416
    The Black Feather Flute is a flute carved from black Night Raven wings,  a large raven like bird with black bone matter.    The Black Feather Flute is a tool of questionable design that is more likely to see ill begotten usage rather than the fulfillment of it's original intentions.
    The Black Feather flute is a device that calls to the aching heart and the lonely soul with a melody that only the bearers of such broken spirits can hear.
    Or so what little myth on it says.
    Strengths: 
    - The Black Feather Flute has little application as an actual musical instrument,  but is sufficiently weighted to be used as an effective club while the beak of the carving is such that it can make an effective stabbing weapon.
    - The Black Feather Flute's construction makes it impact resistant,  allowing it to be dropped from any height or be used as a bludgeoning instrument to the heart's content.   This doesn't apply to the concentrated brute damage of being hit with bludgeoning attacks in kind.  
    - The Black Feather Flute is capable of taking the form of a single black feather.
    Weaknesses: 
    - The flute's music can't be heard normally,  no matter how hard you try.   This could give the flute away if someone happens to know it.
    - The fine craftsmanship and unique design automatically pin the flute as something abnormal,  preventing any clever trickery during parties.
    - The flute is semi-sentient,  and will feel insulted if used as a bludgeoning tool.  A sad flute can't play music at all,  let alone special magic music.
    - The flute likes to believe it can fly,  and when placed on a wall or set down somewhere,  it will attempt to do so.  Failing horribly,  it will simply clatter to the ground.
    - Being the weak weapon that it is,  being hit unprotected by a C rank or higher spell breaks it and generally makes it scream like it lost a limb.  Well.  It probably did.
    Abilities: 

Name: Heartsong
    Description:  The flute plays music that calls out the lonely souls,  those who feel oppressed or abandoned.  The song's notes are hypnotic,  and lure it's victims towards the source of the sound like moths to a flame.   When they arrive at the destination,  it invokes primal sensations of joy and amusement causing one to inexplicably start dancing in a ritualistic fashion.   
    Those captivated by the song will do all they can within their power to get to the source of the flute,  and to do so will climb towers or escape out of windows with uncanny skill and silence.  They wont do anything blatantly stupid like jump off a cliff,  but they will do things like jump through flames if there is no other option,  risking pain or mild to moderate injury but not death.
    [color=#a8a8a8]The music effects all those who can hear it,  which is a significant range such that it could effect several entire city blocks. I feel that a weak weapon should not have this big a range. Its kind of ridiculous for a flute to have this range at all with a lot of magical help. Give me a believable range.
    Strengths:
    A captivating effect that hypnotizes those who hear it.
    A quite sizeable range of effect.
    Those who would be effected by it but missing only one thing;  the feels,   are instead lulled to a peaceful sleep. 

Weaknesses:
    - It is incapable of effecting those possessing magic.
    - It can't hypnotize the majority of adults,   neither small toddlers (But it makes them sleep). 
    - Hypnotic effect is broken when someone other than someone hypnotized or the caster touches them.
    -Effect ends once the flute stops playing.
    -Imposed cooldown of 2 posts per post used,  because the flute is kind of a bastard and doesn't like "Being used like some barnyard tool"  Despite the fact that it IS a tool.

Name: Skullwater Chambers (x7).
    Type: Sea Capsule
    Description: 
    Spoiler:
    Skullwater Chambers are a series of seven capsules meant for emergency use in underwater scenarios.  They aren't capable of travel,  but are only capable enough of surviving intense pressures and providing vertical movement in water through the generation of air and the pumping of water in and out of the capsule. 
    The Capsules appear like small balls,  easily carried in a bag,  on a belt, or in hidden pockets.  Clicking a button makes them expand until they're large enough to accommodate 1 occupant,  though up to four can fit in,  though it'd be extremely claustrophobic and cramped,  not to mention the hatch being small (Larger sized men wont be able to fit through the hatch).
    These capsules can't shrink once expanded,  and weigh the same as a car in it's lightest setting making moving it difficult. So are they one time use? Or do they revert after a while or what?
    Strengths: 
    - Heavy plating makes it difficult to break with blunt damage.
    - It's plating and spherical structure makes it nearly impossible to destroy through external pressure ie; deep water exploration. 
    - Self contained and air-tight.
    Weaknesses:
    - It doesn't have any special defense against other forms of damage.
    - It doesn't do much besides float.
    - There is no view of the outside. The only way to tell if you've hit surface is to check if it stopped gaining elevation, and likewise for reaching deeper levels.
    - They can't be activated (Expanded) when not in water,  and it detects and does not function if there isn't at least a pool sized body of water.

- The one small opening of the chamber that blends in with the top of the sphere is the lone entrance and exit. It could be easily barred or prevented from opening, meanwhile it has no airlock sort of system, and opening it underwater will flood the capsule in an almost explosive inward rush of water, which may be lethal to the occupant. If they survive however, the water can be pumped out in 30 seconds externally and from within.
    - The hatch has no lock, it can be opened easily from inside and outside alike with it swinging both inwards and outwards.
    Abilities:

Elevation Control: The Skullwater Chambers can regulate their elevation, moving up and down in the water. As a part of this, it magically generates breathable air both for any occupant and to keep it floating, or expel enough while taking in water to lower it while increasing it's density to speed downward movement to about 3/4ths falling speeds in air.

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 11th November 2013, 7:47 am

After having the things explained to me this is approved

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] GhqjI28

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Raven Flute x Mysterious Pods [weapons] Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 11:19 pm