Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Fun in the Sun

Cillian duCrosse
    Cillian duCrosse

Player 
    Lineage : Legend of the Lich
    Position : None
    Guild : Confidence Intl.
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 394,517

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Necrothurgy
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Fun in the Sun Empty Fun in the Sun

Post by Cillian duCrosse 31st July 2021, 5:24 pm

Even though my life hasn't been all that great

633 WORDS

@Vera Walden
    @Dela

THEME SONG

I have seen war, famine; witnessed the genocide. Have seen the changes in human nature and history, and I am still here, standing alone. Til the end, I will be there too. To witness the endless carnage, to live this harsh reality. Cause I have been cursed, Cursed with immortality.
    “Alright, ladies… time to get leied!”

Cillian was giggling with glee and practically bouncing on his toes as they stood in line for the food. Whoever had thrown this beach party together had prepared a veritable smorgasbord of a feast for all in attendance to enjoy. The wafts of freshly cooked seafood tickled his nose as he inhaled the air carefully, picking out hints of various herbs and spices that were being used. As they approached the table, one of the event staff members smiled and placed a necklace of flowers around each of their shoulders, the woman mostly keeping her cool though it was obvious she had a hard time prying her eyes off of Cillian’s eight pack.

The lanky oaf didn’t even notice as he quickly picked up two plates, knowing that one would not suffice. He was clad in a pair of red and black swim trunks, as well as similarly colored water shoes to keep his feet from burning in the hot sand. A pair of sunglasses covered his eyes. Tall enough to see over the heads of most of the people in front of him, he took a glance ahead at what options were available on the table so he could start charting out how much space he was going to need for everything on his plates. As they made their way down the line, he practically put a little bit of everything on the paper dishes, eager to try as much as possible, and once they all had their fill he would guide them to an open table beneath a large sun umbrella where they could sit and enjoy their feast comfortably.

“Man, I can’t remember the last time I went to the beach just to hang out.” Wiggling his fingers with anticipation over his food, he decided on a starting place and grabbed his plastic fork, diving it right into the hunk of freshly caught, freshly cooked, tilapia. A low moan of delight rumbled from his throat as he chewed the juicy fish meat, the flavors settling into his taste buds. “Fuck that’s good.”

A number of months had passed since the three of them had unexpectedly learned a lot of rather harsh things about each of their pasts. Though they had only openly shared things with one another on the single, extremely emotional night, and more or less had gone right back to their normal mannerisms with one another, there was no mistaking for any of them that their unspoken bond with one another had deepened on a level that none of them really understood. While Cillian was as dense as he ever was, he had found himself thinking more about Vera and Dela lately and how much their friendship meant to him. As such, he had made efforts to spend more time with them than usual, which was how they wound up at this beach party in the first place. The exiled prince had always had a hard time with lasting relationships, for a number of reasons, and that had only persisted after the dissolution of Hidden Blades not long after he had joined the guild. Finding himself once more out of a job with little else to distract him, the gears had slowly -- very slowly -- started to turn regarding the two women in his life, and while he had a long way to go he had taken it upon himself to take the risk of trying to have real, true friendships, the kind he had not experienced in hundreds of years.

“What do you guys wanna do today? Looks like they got surfing, volleyball, building sand castles… Ooo, there’s a limbo bar set up. I’m awful at limbo. Beer belly gets me every time. But it’s still a lot of fun.”
    I figure that if I live long enough, something good might happen.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Dela
    Dela

Alt Account- Alignment Shift- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Working Together- Teaming Up!- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of the Candy Witch
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Experience : 1,987,286

Fun in the Sun Empty Re: Fun in the Sun

Post by Dela 1st August 2021, 2:57 am

"Uuugh.."

If eyes rolling could send someone back in time, Dela'd be back on her childhood farm by now. Getting leied? Did he even realize? With anyone else, she'd assume they made the cheeky pun on purpose, but the density of his skull was staggering. At least she could say he wasn't cruel on purpose. Considering how she felt about him, making this joke would be mean if he wasn't so stupid. How could he know that her feelings for him had only grown since they'd finally bared some of their secrets to one another? It was a double-edged sword. His being around more lately felt nice, but it came with its own share of pain since she couldn't seem to get past her crush on the big dope.

With a healthy glare at the staring woman handing out said leis, Dela inserted herself between her eyes and his abs as if she had any right to be protective. Jealousy was something the magical girl was powerless to resist, be it human or some slutty cat. She also couldn't help being somewhat of a troll, choosing this particular time to pick her tiny bikini bottoms out of the recesses of her supple, shapely buttcheeks while the lei giver looked on. People always looked away when uncomfortable, and Dela was certainly not the modest type. The bikini covered only the necessary bits and nothing more, and she was perfectly fine with that.

Once plates of food had been acquired, Cillian located a table with enough free space for their spread. Seating herself across from him, the blonde squinted and watched as he ate, her expression somewhere between irritation and longing. Could her not come to appreciate a woman (namely her) the same way he clearly reveled in flavor? How dare he only give those kinds of noises to dead fish, but hey, she could enjoy hearing and watching him with the same vibe as a virgin would some risque footage... Actually, no, that was pathetic and he was so thick between his ears she might as well banish the thoughts entirely and stop torturing herself. Being friendzoned by an immortal with an eight pack was a special kind of cosmic karma, a magnificent middle finger to her and her lonely pseudo-endless lifespan.

Turning her frustrations on a kebab of buttery seasoned potatoes and plump grilled shrimp, she gnawed the offerings off and stared at her present company. "Beer belly--" she started, then groaned and shook her head and decided to leave it. "I'm a whiz at limbo. It probably wouldn't be fair to the others if someone as flexible as me competed, but if you guys wanna see, I'll do it," the cursed young woman shrugged. Combat might be far from her strong suit, but dancing and bending low were well within her quirky skill level.

[wc: 476 || total: 1109/6000]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Fun in the Sun 60731_s
    Vera Walden
    Vera Walden

Player 
    Lineage : Evil Angel
    Guild : The Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Experience : 6,237

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vera Walden 1st August 2021, 7:01 am

“Yikes, Cillian. You got me all excited over a good, nice, simple lei. Hooray flowers.” She raised an eyebrow, a very small smile gracing her pale face as it hardly sat well with her features. “I’ve never smelled prettier. I am so overjoyed. Really.”

Vera was secretly dissatisfied with that jovial statement and wanted to bite the band of flowers off her neck and snap it clean. Gardens may have brought him to her, but the experience left her feeling actual disdain for most flowers, ants. She would always thank Miss Cartigan for it and the ring that would remain perpetually lost and found by the many wide-eyed buffoons looking for a job.

How repetitive.

It occurred to her the woman passing the leis seemed especially focused on the pleasant contours of Cillian’s supposed rotund beer belly. She tilted her head to the side as the amusement reached her eyes of azure, and, before she could engage in a silent yet vicious staring contest with the woman, her intimidation tactic was gracefully barred by the fun-sized blonde. Only Dela could make Vera thank the heavens for not being a certain cat or a female looking for a good time with her marked territory.

Wait, last time she checked— she was very much a woman, a guilty one who had kissed them both at some point. This made her want to check again, but this wasn’t the time or place for gender panic or slutty guilt. She didn’t know whether to feel flattered or insulted. Whatever she might have been to Dela; that was quite fine with her. She enjoyed her just as equally as she did Cillian.

She was just very private about it, that’s all. They were all strictly friends with benefits that didn’t go beyond an accidental kiss or a disgustingly wholesome hand to hold.

Vera was growing even more confused with this pathetic label. She was overthinking this and released a massive ‘ugh’ with no real context. “Stop it with your beer belly nonsense!” she quickly snapped, not wanting to reveal the real reason for her sudden drama queen outburst. “That thot was practically deciding if she wanted to mix her salad with your romaine without your holy consent.” She said this so loud, that the lady assisting them earlier flushed pink and laughed like she might have been met with a psychopath.

She had every right to feel that way. Vera was throwing very irrelevant shit in the effort to cover up the most trivial bits.

Vera internally rationalized this and pinched the bridge of her nose as she sighed deeply. “That was totally uncool of me.” The pause was for the amount of energy she was gathering for this one plea. “I ask for your forgiveness, you thirsty heathen.” But before the offended woman before her could unleash all verbal diarrhea hell, Vera turned like a meerkat and became a touch more interested in Dela’s gaming participation.

“Circus freak approved.” Said Vera, tugging a bit at her one piece. “I like it. This should be fun, watching Dela make Gumby look like the tin man.”

Unfortunately, it would be her turn to struggle just as badly as the flower wielder. Being a witness to the attractive blonde’s future endeavor with a suspended pole was gaily appealing to her.

Gayly appealing, rather.

Wc:556

Fun in the Sun Puglyfe6
    Cillian duCrosse
    Cillian duCrosse

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Cillian duCrosse 2nd August 2021, 5:58 pm

547/1180 WORDS
     2212/6000 TOTAL

EVENTS COMPLETED:
    -Feast
    -Limbo Contest

@Vera Walden
    @Dela

THEME SONG

I have seen war, famine; witnessed the genocide. Have seen the changes in human nature and history, and I am still here, standing alone. Til the end, I will be there too. To witness the endless carnage, to live this harsh reality. Cause I have been cursed, Cursed with immortality.
    Cillian paused, his fork halfway to his mouth, when Vera snapped at him over his stomach. He could only stare at her mid mastication as she berated the comment, talking about some woman being unable to take her eyes off of him. There was a brief pause after the comment before one of his hands gently lowered down to touch his belly in a somewhat self conscious fashion. “It’s not nonsense…” he murmured sheepishly, the lanky man somehow genuinely unsure about his figure. Somewhat dejectedly he returned to his meal, albeit with a little less enthusiasm than before.

At least, until Dela mentioned her limbo skills. “Yeah, I’m with Jayne on this one. Who cares about fair? I wanna watch you wipe the beach with these people just like you did with dancing at that rave.” His grin split ear to ear across his face and he giggled like a school girl at the memory. “Priceless. That was a great night.” Somehow he seemed to have completely forgot about how Vera and Dela had both gotten high as fucking kites and tried to force themselves on him to the point where he’d had to rely on Virgo to save his virginity from impending doom.

Eventually they finished their food and made their way over to the limbo station, and Cillian was all too eager to have some fun with it. Like many of the other beach goers in the line, he danced around where he stood, shaking his chest like he had a D rack and bumping his hips and ass back and forth to the beat of the music they were using for the limbo contest. He would even do his part to try and force the less boisterous women to enjoy themselves, taking each of them by a hand and lightly spinning them around one another and himself, gently bumping his hips against theirs and in general just being a grade A goofball.

The pole started up plenty high for him to go under with relative ease for the first few rounds, despite his height. But with each round, the line got shorter and shorter as more people accidentally hit the bar and got disqualified. Cillian managed to make it to where the pole was a bit more than halfway down before it really started becoming a struggle. It wasn’t that he didn’t have the ab strength or the muscles to carry his own weight, but the fact was that he was just so tall that it was hard for him to maintain balance at a certain point. To put it simply, as the bar got lower he got more top heavy. Eventually one of his feet slipped in the sand and with a wide eyed yelp of surprise he collapsed onto the coarse land.

Laughing merrily at himself, he collected himself back onto his feet, disqualified. The attendant gave him another lei for his participation in the event and he moved his way over to the sides to watch with the other spectators -- and presumably Vera -- to cheer on Dela at the top of his lungs like an overly invested mother at her son’s high school football game. “WOOHOO! YEAH! YOU GOT THIS, DELA! KICK THEIR ASSES! SHOW THEM HOW IT’S DONE!!”  

Dela
    Dela

Alt Account- Alignment Shift- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Working Together- Teaming Up!- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Post by Dela 4th August 2021, 2:44 pm

Yes, it was clear that Cillian remembered the rave much differently than she and Vera did, but that was probably a blessing. The magical girl wasn't exactly embarrassed by her behavior, but it hadn't been her best moment. It had been nice to let a bit of her urges run wild (not that she could help it due to the drugs), though, and clearly, he was the best person to do that with and not have to worry about any negative consequences. His density had to be good for something.

"Well, if you insist..."

Spurred on by both of her companion's encouragements, Dela chose not to eat too much and rose once everyone was done. The food was tasty, but if she was to slip under the bar at its lowest, she couldn't have a food baby going on.

The beginning was typical. Cillian was having a great time harassing the boring and elderly making half-hearted attempts while doing better than she thought he would in the end. She'd only just started having to bend back about the time he lost due to being so petite. That was only part of her advantage, though. As the bar crept lower and lower and more and more people lost their balance and fell, Dela bent herself backward and adjusted her center of gravity like a pro. While her bikini made her cleavage look dynamite, her general lack of ta-tas was yet another advantage. Back in the day, there hadn't been much in the way of entertainment and they'd been too poor to travel, so games like these were the highlights of parties and summertime fun.

And then there was her incredible flexibility and surprising strength. Perhaps with the right training such core strength could be directed at actually effective combat, but as it was, the only 'work outs' the lazy woman did were her secret dance routines while she daydreamed about the life she could have had. This was the true secret to how someone how laid around as much as possible covered in pizza grease and gamer sweat could look like she did. As the bar lowered to half her height, the girl bent back like it was her job. A couple of levels lower, she seemed to break at the knees, doing a sort of crab walk without the arms. By the end, her legs were spread wide and seemingly bent impossibly back beneath her. She could only move her feet to shuffle her low-planking body under the bar, having to slightly arch her back to avoid her itty bitty titties from being too bumpy for the bar but not enough to press her butt into the sand a mere inch beneath her.

"WE HAVE OUR WINNER!!!"

Feelin' herself a bit after her victory, she jumped up and whooped like a volleyball player winning the gold, running to her friends and grabbing Vera to kiss her cheek and then turning to give Cillian a very healthy smack on the butt. "And that's how it's f&%$in' done!" she grinned, looking devious but unusually energetic.

[wc: 514 || total: 2726]

Fun in the Sun 60731_s
    Vera Walden
    Vera Walden

Player 
    Lineage : Evil Angel
    Guild : The Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Experience : 6,237

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vera Walden 10th August 2021, 8:18 pm

“What do you mean it’s not nonsense? But, Cillian, it—” came the frustrated attempt at reassurance. Did the poor man need a new pair of eyes? She could not hide the despair in her wild blues.

She also could not complete the complimentary statement, when he playfully left her side—to be the first to challenge all the other flexible noodles in line. Vera tilted her head, the woman’s interest falling upon the gleam of his chest. If she had a drink, she would have sucked loudly on a straw to sound the bugle of her eternal thirst.

The same could be said when the blonde began to bend low with this pole which was so surprising, the strength of her lithe body made gravity seem fictitious. Vera-Jayne, appreciating the view with less-than-pious eyes, was genuinely excited for her as she appeared to have forgotten her petty upset over the so-called fabled beer belly.  

The purple-haired woman unknowingly grit her teeth, apprehensive but hopeful, for it could be seen in not just her face; also in the way she twisted the lei in between her elegant fingers until it snapped in two that she was rooting for her.

“So, uh, Cillian, can we address a major point here?” Vera said, switching between all the cheering and the easy conversation, “I’m sorry to break it to you, but you don’t have a beer belly. This,” she boldly pressed her hand to his stomach, careful not to actually scratch him with her long dark nails, “is pure muscle. It — it doesn’t even jiggle, ya mook!” She tried to prove her point by giving it a rough squeeze. She could hardly nab anything remotely soft. If he found a moment to respond to her claim with something self-deprecating, he would be saved by their little champion who had placed a kiss on Vera’s cheek.

She melted against her will, and pressed a slender hand to the side of her face, almost dreamily. “You were incredible, shorty. I knew you could do it.” Vera cooed, ruffling Dela’s golden locks.
    Cillian duCrosse
    Cillian duCrosse

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Cillian duCrosse 11th August 2021, 7:44 pm

Rolling for the sand castle contest!

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 11th August 2021, 7:44 pm

The member 'Cillian duCrosse' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Fun in the Sun Die_06_42164_sm
    Cillian duCrosse
    Cillian duCrosse

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Cillian duCrosse 13th August 2021, 7:42 am

1469/2649 WORDS
     4540/6000 TOTAL

@Dela
    @Vera Walden

THEME SONG

It was simply mesmerizing to see how good Dela was at this game. Granted, she held quite the advantage over everyone due to how tiny she was in stature, but size wasn’t everything in a game like this. He and Vera could only watch in awe -- and thirst, on Vera’s part -- as the blonde passed under the bar time and time again, making it look so easy with each pass, no matter how far back she had to bend.

Between all the cheering, Vera’s voice pulled his attention away for a brief moment as she asked to have a discussion with him. Apparently, she was still stuck on the topic of his self perceived beer belly. The violet haired woman reached out and pressed her palm against the offending organ, informing him in no uncertain words that he did not, in fact, have a beer belly. According to her, the flesh above his stomach was pure muscle. As if to accentuate that fact, she tried to pinch him, barely able to find purchase among his washboards. Yet just like every other person in existence that was irrationally self conscious about their image, the tall man could only return his own hand to his stomach with an uncomfortable shift of his feet, his crimson eyes cast askance.

Yet as he opened his mouth to speak in protest to her comments, the moment was soundly interrupted by Dela’s resounding victory. Cillian turned his attention back and hollered his enthusiasm for her as she approached, giving him a solid smack on his ass and Vera a kiss on the cheek. The necromancer grinned wide, unbothered by the gesture. “Yeah, man. That was nuts! I’ve never seen anybody actually get that low before! I honestly didn’t think people could do that. Always thought it was one of those impossible games that people do cause it’s fun but no one actually expects to be that good at. Unreal!” He was absolutely beaming with how much fun he’d had watching her show off her mastery of the sport, even at his own expense given how poorly he’d done by comparison.

But they were once again between activities, and Cillian was not often a person who stood still for very long. With the attention span of a squirrel with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, he was a man that liked to keep himself busy. So once they were done congratulating their lithe, bendy friend, Cillan would, with the most genuine and child like of grins, wrap an arm around each woman’s waist and hug them against him as he walked. “Alright, let’s see what else they got going on around here!” Boy, was there a lot. Volleyball, fishing, horse shoes, surfing… Cillian honestly loved the beach.

It did not take long for them to stumble across a sand castle building contest, and he was immediately locked on to the competition. “Oh hell yes! I’m so fucking good at building sand castles!” He quickly signed up and cracked his knuckles. “Alright, ladies! Prepare to be amazed!” Bouncing on his toes, he let himself be lead to his station by one of the attendants, where a somewhat large square had been sectioned off as a reserved space of sand for the competition. In the center of the station was everything he would need to participate, including buckets, shovels, and other various tools.

He began by digging a small pit just outside of the station and filling it with several buckets worth of sea water. The key ingredient to any sand castle, besides the sand of course, was having enough water to make sure the sand would actually adhere to itself and keep its shape. With plenty of water on hand, he got to work building the base of his castle, pouring a healthy amount of water right in the center of the station, where he had put the excess sand that he’d dug from the pit. Once the area was plenty saturated, he began to pat and mould the dirt into a large hexagonal shape, making sure all the air was patted out so the base was as tightly packed and secure as possible.

When that was done, he added another, smaller layer on top, and then a third and a forth, with each layer getting smaller than the last until he had what would closely resemble a tiered cake. After he had the basic shape he was going for, Cillian began to expand on the design. Utilizing one of the spatulas he had been provided with, he started carving sections of the tiers out where he did not want the shape to be fully hexagonal, and also began smoothing down all the surfaces. With that out of the way, he selected a couple of the basic plastic moulds that had been provided and packed them in with as much sand as they could hold, saturating them with water and making sure they were the right consistency to hold shape before he began setting them around the structure. With these moulds he started erecting the basic shapes for towers and buildings around the base of his creation until it started taking on a more castle-like appearance.

But he wasn’t done there, oh no. It wasn’t enough to him to use prefabricated tools to get the general shapes. Like any master cook, Cillian required detail, and while building a sand castle wasn’t exactly the same as cooking and baking, there were many principles of it that were similar. Selecting a smaller knife like tool, he began meticulously carving all around the structure, starting with the top and working his way down. He added three dimensional details to really make each individual portion of the castle pop, adding shingle appearances to roofs, and carving little bricks into the walls, and stair cases leading from each level to another. There were doors, windows, gates, parapets… even around the outside of the base, he carved and sculpted the ground so that the castle wasn’t just sitting on the beach but appeared to be set upon a series of rocks that had been worn over the years by the ebb and flow of the ocean tides.

By the time he was done, his castle was quite the masterpiece. Many people walking by had stopped to admire it and even the judges would stop and silently take notes with a little nod before continuing their rounds of observation. Standing back to admire his creation, Cillian dusted off his hands and just smiled at it. “Now that’s a sand castle!” Turning to his female companions with a giddy expression, the man asked, “What do you think? Not bad for a disgraced prince, right?”

And that was when everything changed. As he took a step to go alert the attendants that he was done, a slight tremor was felt beneath the ground. “What the..” Cillian frowned, putting both feet on the ground and trying to feel for the source of the vibration, which seemed to be drawing closer and closer, like something was digging its way up from the ground toward the surface right beneath them. It was concerning, yet something about its presence felt familiar…

By the time it dawned on him, it was far too late. His eyes went wide in horror as his castle burst apart in a violent spray of muddied sand, and in its center was none other than Virgo. “MASTER!” she exclaimed, her face writ with excitement, completely ignorant of the damage she had just done. “Look what I found!” The zodiac spirit was holding up a fully intact sand dollar like she had just discovered a lost chest of gold from a sunken pirate ship. Speechless, Cillian dropped to his knees in shock and defeat. All that effort had been wasted! Tilting his head back, he groaned his lamentations to the open sky.

“Oh man, that is super unfortunate..”

One of the judges had come by on his rounds again to bear witness to the carnage. The look of disappointment on his face was strong, as he had been enjoying the sculpture. Giving Cillian a look of pity, he did his best to help. “There’s still time to rebuild it if you want… It will be a little tight. You may not have enough wiggle room to meet the same detail, but you could get it done…”

The necromancer shook his head. “Thanks, but I think I’ll pass. It just wouldn’t be the same.”

The judge nodded. “I understand.” Offering Cillian one of the many leis hooked around his arm as a consolation, he wandered off to go back to his duties. Cillian sighed and set the lei over his head where it hung around his neck with the other two he had received earlier.

“Well, that sucks…”  

Dela
    Dela

Post by Dela 13th August 2021, 3:41 pm

mrf rolling

Fun in the Sun 60731_s
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 13th August 2021, 3:41 pm

The member 'Dela' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Fun in the Sun Die_05_42162_sm
    Dela
    Dela

Post by Dela 13th August 2021, 6:49 pm

Dela, a bit worn out from the limbo contest she had gotten way too much into, was more than happy to watch the overgrown child play in the sand. In fact, she lounged in the hot summer sun and sand like a rock-lazing lizard under a heatlamp beside Vera. With more sand covering her body than fabric, the blonde enjoyed Cillian's provided entertainment, a bit impressed that someone with so little an attention span could be so meticulous and over the top with his gritty creation. It was interesting enough to keep her attention, so instead of laying on her back and tanning with her eyes closed, she was on her belly with her arms bracing her head. It had nothing to do with the fact that he was always a joy to look at. Nope. It was the mud he was sculpting, and only that!

It warmed her cold, black heart when he turned to present the castle to the girls. He'd really done a great job. Much better than she would have ever guessed, though who really took the time to guess someone's sandcastle-making skills on the average? Surely this was a winner. Just as he had praised her, which she'd loved coincidentally, she would return the favor. "Wow! I'm actually surprised. I'm sure you'll wi--"

The words died on her lips, just as the castle died not even a second later. The ground rumbled, but not long enough for anyone to realize what was about to happen before it happened. Ah, Virgo. She picked the one single three-foot dot of sand in the entire beach that would be a tragedy to pop up in, cupping a perfect sand dollar.

Disappointments all around. Dela had raised to her knees, her hands pointlessly raised toward the castle as if she could rewind time before they dropped to her sides. "Way to go, Virgo," Dela grumbled, squinting at the summon before turning her attention to the judge and Cillian. It definitely would have won if it hadn't been destroyed before times up judging by his face, which was just salt in the wounds.

Understandably Cillian didn't want to repeat his work, so once it was official that he'd lost due to no fault of his own, the magical girl rose and closed the distance between them. Giving his arm a rub, she flashed a sympathetic smile. "It does suck," she said, starting to squirm a little. There was sand just everywhere. In her small top, all up in her bottoms. Just the small distance she'd walked had her chafing everywhere. "It was beautiful, though. Sometimes art is fleeting, or something like that. Now, why won't we go swim?" she selfishly suggested, tugging at her bikini and trying to ease her own suffering, but to no avail.

Not waiting for his answer, she dropped her hand from his arm and turned to dash toward the water's edge. There was only so much grit she could take in all her crevices, and that was generally none. It felt like the entirety of Desierto was between her legs and trying to sand her nips off!

As soon as reached the cool, moist sand, someone stepped into her way. "You were almost late!" the girl said, the large surfboard beside her lurching into a trust fall. While it had no reason to trust Dela, Dela didn't feel like getting knocked out by the board that was a good foot or more taller than she was, so she awkwardly caught it and then peeked around to the girl.

"No, listen, I'm just--"

A horn blasted, and suddenly she was carried away not by a water wave, but a wave of people with boards like hers stampeding toward the ocean! Before she really even realized what was happening, she was waist deep and clinging nervously to her board. Well...at least she was in the water. Dragging behind the others, she walked a little further and then dipped down, deliberately running her hands under her suit to rid it of the sand. So...that was her whole goal. Now what?

When in Joya, right?

Hoisting up on the board, she paddled out and waited with the others for a suitable wave. Growing up in a poor farming village meant she didn't have much beach experience to start with, but she had even less with surfing. She watched a couple people try and fail to catch the next surge, gathering that you had to paddle ahead of it and then try to stand on the board. Her balance was pretty good when she was concentrating! Surfing didn't seem too hard.

Dela was very wrong.

Even when the right wave came, she did as the others did. By luck alone, she got ahead of it in the right spot and could feel it pushing her inland. Pulling up onto the board, her knees no more planted on the board when she realized what a mistake she'd made. Not only was balancing on a force of nature much harder than not falling during a complicated dance move, but everyone else was trying to catch the same wave and coming in and out of her path!

"WATCH IT!" she snapped at one guy who grazed the front of her board, causing her to nearly nosedive off. The wave rose higher and higher behind her, roaring like an aggroed beast. "GET ON YOUR FEET!!" one of the judges shouted, probably to anyone who hadn't already, but it felt targeted. After yelling an explicative back, Dela moodily hopped to her feet and wobbled back and forth like a toddler, throwing her arms around in a frenzy. As she spasmed and jerked to stay on the board, the wave curled forward and the nose of her board dug into the upsurge. "GAH!" she screamed, pitching toward and into the violent wave.

Defeat before she even had a real chance! As she tumbled in the current beneath the passing wave, she watched the shadows of successful surfers going on and leaving her in wake. Perhaps she'd never swam in an ocean that had big waves before, because it was oddly difficult and a bit scary. Just as she bobbed up to the surface, another wave hit and brought more surfers zooming at her. More tumbling, her lungs burning with saltwater and lack of air by the time she popped up once more. Sputtering, she glared hatefully at anyone and anything she could see, and that included the cackling dolphin radiating Chester energy. She told it where it could go and what it could do when it got there, too.

By the time she swam back to where her feet could touch, she'd been barrelled over five more times by waves and was exhausted. Never again. She borderline hated water now... or at least the ocean. Even if she could drown and come back to life once she washed up, it was her least favorite way to die. This little adventure just reminded her of her old worries. What if she came back to life while washed out to sea, instead of being drawn onto the sands? What if she was snagged underwater and just...

Finally dragging herself out of the water, her body felt heavy and weak. Looking like a half-drowned platinum rat, she collapsed into the sand. Ironic. Now she was back where she started, suit and skin full of sand. With an extremely 'over it' facial expression, she continued to lay there, even ignoring the blushing man who came to give her a pity lei. Dela nigh growled at him, causing him to just lay it over her body like an offering at a funeral before scurrying off. In fact, she dared anyone to approach her as she huffed and puffed in the sand, vaguely wondering where her board had gotten off to so she could snap it in half. Surfing was a curse! A blight. Literally, who thought this up? Hurr hurr, I'll get this floaty foam crap and paddle out past the safety depth to try can catch the pure force of aquatic nature under my feet and run along the water murder tube until I either drown or make it back to shore, then I'll do it all again because it's fun! Nutjobs. As someone who had died in most ways one could, she didn't see the thrill in thrill seeking. It was too easy to die and often painful, and most of these morons couldn't come back to life.

Though the cursed girl was gazing darkly at the puffy white clouds in the pale blue sky with seething contempt, she did suddenly become aware of eyeballs. Why was everyone making very poor efforts to look at her without seeming like they were looking at her? Surely she didn't look that pitiful, and as far as she was aware, she hadn't actually died so she shouldn't look like a dead body. If anything, she was just a blonde beauty, freshly ocean sprayed and sunbathing... oh. Finally realizing the placement of said lei seemed awkward, she reached down to realize. "Ah.." she sighed, realizing... her boob was out. The guy from earlier had laid it over her chest to block all the oglers. Well, they'd gotten their fanservice!

"Nice. Friggin' beach episodes..."

[wc: 1550 || total: 6090/6000 wc met! || Limbo Contest, Tropical Feast, Sand Castle Contest, and Surfing Contest done!]

Fun in the Sun 60731_s

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 4:36 pm