• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

"What Big Teeth You Have"

Temperance
    Temperance

Player 
    Lineage : Beast Pride
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,637

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Tarot of the Morei
    Second Magic: Arcana Armaments
    Third Magic:

"What Big Teeth You Have"  Empty "What Big Teeth You Have"

Post by Temperance on 22nd May 2020, 11:10 am

Mission Link (free form)

Solo Word Count: 8,000 words
    Group Word Count: 16,000 words

What Big Teeth You Have...

In the nearby town outside of Sakuramori...

The Umbra Witches had always known how to hide from the light of the known world. They were secret and mysterious for a good reason, but their methods and goals were simple balance in the delicate world. However that made others fear them for their dark arts. Temperance, her true name Selina, had been raised by them and learned their arts well. Still, her home was in the underground castle that were hidden in their abandoned cathedral long lost to the elements and neglect-- but still had a beauty to it.

In her rare time to return home, Temperance had return there to see her family. While all the witches were considered sisters, she knew two who were like her truest aunts compared to her mother. Aunt Cereza and Aunt Jeanne, two witches who were Selina's mentors and caretakers while her mother was away.  They encouraged her to be unapologetically herself and how to use magic. They oddly also supported her rise as a thief as well. Not a traditional childhood, but she had no shortage of love and admirable role models to follow as a witch.

That morning, Temperance waited in the ruins of the cathedral, upstairs to the actual catacombs where the Umbra Witches dwelled. She was told that one of her aunts had a small errand for her, so she was waiting. For the moment, she was placing her Tarot Cards about on the pedistal at the top of the platform, the light from the stain glass illuminating the cards and surroundings in hues of colors.

Curled up at the carpeted steps, Hex napped a bit, her witch's hat worn and obscuring her eyes. The cat felt comfortable being back home, as did Temperance. Little did she know, she would soon meet a new witch-- one who would soon become a trusted ally and sister in all but name.

Keeping to try and not draw too much attention, she was dressed in her civilian disguise-- as she would call it, the fool: A pair of blue jeans and striped shirt, with a yellow vest. Her long black hair was the same, but she had a pair of glasses on that one would identify her as a 'nerd' at first glance.

But as with all things, appearances were deceiving...

WC: 394

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Medeia
    Medeia

Main Account- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Sticking Around- Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Blessing Of The Fallen Angel
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 768,998

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Lost Pharaoh's Curse God Slayer
    Second Magic: Vampire Demon Slayer
    Third Magic: Fallen Angel Takeover

"What Big Teeth You Have"  Empty Re: "What Big Teeth You Have"

Post by Medeia on 23rd May 2020, 5:16 am

It had been some time since the angel of lust had left the mountainous region known as Mount Hakobe and that was partly the reason as to why the black haired woman had decided to travel. Tired of the endless snow storms and frigid cold, Medeia had desired to leap upon her natural desire for exploration which was what had brought her to Sakuramori or more accurately the area surrounding it. She had heard rumours during her travels of a coven of her fellow witches who were said to live in the shadows, hiding from the world as a whole. It was an intriguing story and had more than captured the attention of the Errings Rising mage, enough for her to wander through the forest areas of the town without a care in the world. Not that she was concerned with her own welfare. She had reached a level of strength that other mages could only dream of and the purple eyed woman was more than capable of defending herself.

Dressed in her usual Desierto clothing, Medeia had quite easily made her way through the forest terrain, her spell book attached to her hip and her sickle strapped to her back. It was an easy trek for the dual slayer with her enhanced senses giving her more than enough warning for her to be able to deal or avoid any threats. There were moments where she felt the occasional pair of eyes upon her although whether they were those of beasts or humans were unknown to her. No moves were made against her, which was definitely the smart move to make. Oh, the witch could deal her fair share of damage but she was not a blood loving psychopath and had no interest in mindless butchery.

It was difficult to keep track of time but sooner or later, the mage emerged from the forest to find herself coming across the ruins of a large building, religious by the looks of it. Medeia had to raise her eyebrows at the sight of it, surprised at finding such ruins in the middle of a forest but her curiosity won out in the end and she approached without giving it too much thought. It would certainly be a good place to hide and the purple eyed mage mused that it was worth a look around.

Drawing her sickle in the case of any possible threats, she would then prod open the large door with her sickle, only for the door to just creak rather loudly and then collapse.

“So much for subtlety,"
    she muttered sarcastically to herself, as the sound of the breaking door would no doubt echo throughout the ruin.

(449 Words)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"What Big Teeth You Have"  SZxUlAl

(Golden Lacrima until 16th October 2020)
    Temperance
    Temperance

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Temperance on 24th May 2020, 1:01 pm

The violent burst in from the door made Temperance almost jump-- the Death Card she had just drawn slipping to the floor from her hands. Hex too jumped from the sound and she went right up to her feet with alarm. "MREEOW!! No one ever heard of letting sleeping cats lay?!" Hex retorted.

"That's Sleeping Dogs lie, Hex..." Temperance corrected despite the grim presence.

The shadow of the 'intruder' stretched far from the sun outside, showing a clear view of the scythe the person had in hand. Despite the startling reaction, Temperance looked from behind her glasses with stern resolve. Was this some angel of death coming to pass judgment on the Umbra Witches? Maybe even one of her aunts trying to pull a prank or test on her. Still, only one group went around trying to 'hunt' Temperance's family.

... That was the Lumen Sages. However, this didn't look like one. Far from it. That and this was a woman. The Lumen Sage were all men-- or so she knew.

Slowly, Temperance moved forward down the steps of the alter to meet the intruder on even ground. "You're not screaming peaceful worship swinging that thing around," Temperance said, adjusting her glasses. From behind the glasses, her stare was more determined-- even if not seen.

Temperance was confident, but still... something about this person screamed differently. Perhaps they were powerful in their own right. Could it be the Lumen Sages did finally decide to wipe out the Umbra Witches...

She felt her fingers twitch, prepared to launch a card at the intruder if things got ugly.

Just as Hex was about to meow in fright at the building tension... footsteps could be heard. The clicking of them echoed in the church as they would turn to see from one of the side passages-- came a figure. A woman, dressed in a white nun's outfit . The moment Temperance saw this, her nerves soothed. She knew who it was.

Slowly the nun walked through the isles towards the central isle between the seats. "Such route children. You should know better," she said in a stern but kindly way. She soon met the view of the stranger, not at all afraid of the scythe. "Now, perhaps you should put that away before you hurt yourself. But if you children intend to play rough..." a hint of mischief sparkled in the glasses behind the nun's face. "I'd be more than happy to play in kind, myself."

Temperance felt more at ease to know one of her aunts was there. "Hello Aunt Cereza," Temperance said with relief.

WC: 433

Medeia
    Medeia

Main Account- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Sticking Around- Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Medeia on 25th May 2020, 5:37 am

“I would like nothing more than to play with you but that was not my reason for coming,” Medeia quipped in response to the nun, a brief look of desire crossing the angel’s features. Amused, she would click her fingers, causing her sickle to return to her back, fixing itself there. She saw no reason for continuing to wield it, as the two women in front of her did not seem all that threatening and combat was not her intention anyway. Any tension that there might have been had vanished, at least from her side and she made no further effort to try and appear threatening. Her magical aura would be enough to prove her strength and level of power.

“There is no need to be on guard,” the mage would continue, “I do not wish to get into a spell slinging match with you and I was actually seeking to form a more beneficial relationship with your coven, assuming you are the witches that I have heard so much about.” It was a fair assumption for her to make and Medeia was rather suspicious of the nun’s behaviour. Medeia had never met a nun quite so willing to enter combat before, which was enough to set off an alarm bell or two in her mind. There was definitely more to her than met the eye and that only caused the purpled eyed woman to become interested in her.

Turning her gaze to the rather oddly dressed younger woman, Medeia would smile, “Forgive me if my appearance made you or your companion jump, my dear. I had no idea that the doors to this place were quite so flimsy. Believe me, knocking a door off of its hinges is not my usual method of making an entrance.” After a few moments and a brief glance over the girl’s attire, she would add in a slightly teasing manner, “You certainly have a unique taste in clothing.” It was not meant to be offensive, simply a dry attempt at humour from the Errings Rising kidnapper.

“My name is Medeia, a member of one of the mage guilds and a witch of a slightly different sort,” she then said, finally introducing herself. “My goal, as I said, is to hopefully find some common ground with the Umbra Witches and perhaps come to an understanding. I admit that I know little about your group besides rumours and I would appreciate it if that could change. I do not expect you to trust me just like that but if there is something I can do to earn it then I would be willing to.”

Another brief look of desire would briefly cross her face, “Unless of course, you wish to come to another kind of agreement.” With the tension gone, her true personality soon came to the surface, already comfortable with the situation that she found herself in.

(484 Words)
    (Thread WC: 933)

Temperance
    Temperance

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Temperance on 25th May 2020, 12:47 pm

The presence of an 'angel' would worry most of the Umbra Witches that didn't end in pure gunfire or dark spells to send them to hell. Temperance, being one of the few witches not bound to demonic contract and had to kill angels daily as a result, was one thing. However, it seemed this girl was no sort of angel. She was a witch it seemed and had more interest in the Umbra Witches than to fight them.

The tension in the room soon dissolved, Hex let out a meow as her fur stopped standing up and she adjusted her witch's hat. "Eh... I seen them in worse. Aunt Cereza loves to dress up. Oh-- and one time, Temperance had an outfit made of flimsy ca--"

"Shush!" Temperance hissed, swatting a hand in the cat's direction, but only made her meow in delight. The glasses she wore kept her expression hidden from the stranger.

Clearly sensing she was hearing about the Umbra Witches, and seemed to have no ill intent-- Cereza smirked as she reached for her own robes-- and with a swift pull, the dress went flying. IN place where 'flesh' would of been, blackness stretched over her body, being part of her 'hair' or so said in magic. The blackness took new form, transforming Cereza entirely-- now to reveal her as a kick-ass looking woman in a black skin-tight outfit with guns suddenly at her thighs and on her boots! Her hair was tied back and her glasses changed too, going from a nun to a sexy gun-slinging witch. Clearly her as a nun was an act.

"Hm... a fellow witch. Well then, I suppose a warmer welcome was in order," Cereza said confidently.

Temperance kept quiet for the moment as her aunt, the senior witch talked to the woman known as Medeia, who seemed to be almost the same age as Temperance. Though age was something relative to witches. "Next time, just come in. The door's always open,' Cereza said with a wink.

"Hello Aunt Cereza," Temperance said, ignoring the woman's knock on her own nerdy-looking attire. But clearly even the girl knew, to dress up as a regular witch in public wasn't always wise. "So, you trying to tell me... you want to join the Umbra Witches?" the girl asked, approaching closer now feeling less threatened.

"Newbies gotta groom me and cook me salmon for a week! " Hex meowed playfully, hoping to take advantage of the situation.

WC: 413

Medeia
    Medeia

Character Sheet

Post by Medeia on 26th May 2020, 5:40 am

“Is that so?” Medeia replied to the cat’s playful demands, clearly amused, “Well, I am not the world’s greatest chef so I am not sure you would want your salmon cooked by me. I would be happy to groom you though, my dear.” The cat certainly had some personality and the angel had the feeling that she would become rather fond of her quite quickly. The angel had always been rather fond of animals and honestly, she preferred their company to humans in many cases. Well, male humans anyway. “You must tell me more about the clothing habits of the witches some time too.”

The nun’s reveal was not at all that surprising either and Medeia’s eyes lit up as she caught sight of the woman’s new attire. “So much for being a nun, huh?” She quipped, her gaze briefly looking over Cereza’s outfit before returning to her face, “The next time I visit, I will make sure to find your door. You can be sure of that.” The witch was oozing with confidence at this point and any tension that she might have felt had completely evaporated. She felt comfortable with the situation and the witches did not appear to quite match the rumours that Medeia had heard. Truthfully though, that was a positive for the mage and she had learned long ago never to take rumours at face value anyway. Humans were prone to exaggeration and deception, usually out of fear of the unknown or to try and boost their fragile egos.

It was then that her gaze turned to focus on the younger girl, who seemed to be a little more serious about the matter at hand. Medeia was rather amused by this too, as the girl’s magical aura did not seem to be awfully strong. Perhaps it was because her aunt was so close that she felt so confident? Or maybe that she had a large group of other witches lurking somewhere close by? Either way, the fallen angel would simply cross her arms across her sizable chest and answer the question asked. “As I mentioned previously, my primary goal for coming here is to learn more about your coven. I am intrigued by what I have heard of you although I expect that half of it is false, given the secrecy of your clan. You do not have to be concerned about me revealing any of your secrets to the law or your opponents, as I have no love for either. If joining your coven is possible then I will gladly do so although I am not going to stand here and force the issue.” She had no idea as to the workings of the coven and was somewhat firing in the dark but she had no desire to cause any tension between herself and her fellow witches, which was the main reason for her soft approach.

(483 Words)
    (Thread WC: 1416)

Current date/time is 4th June 2020, 5:03 am