September 13rdSpecial Characteristics:
Kumiko's most apparent trait is her fox-like ears and tail, colored a bright orange-ish color that blends in well with her hair. Both serve their more bestial purposes for hearing louder and keeping balance/warm in certain situations. Among these is also a display of her current emotions. When in a warm mood, Kumiko's ears tend to remain perked and her tail swaying left to right. If she's sad or angry, these tend to flatten against her head while her tail poofs up. Her canine teeth are also fairly sharp, mostly seen as she's grinning and laughing.
Kumiko is an energetic and rather childish mage. Her appearance makes many question whether or not that she's serious about what she claims, but is always happy to offer a hand in need when the need arises. She's very much like any average child. Always wanting to play and containing an near endless amount of energy that can be burned away with an afternoon of fun and fighting. Her caring and giving nature allows her to adapt to the lifestyle of a company mage easily, though sometimes can get rather attached to her rewards if they're anything edible. The foxling's creative side is rather noticeable based on her magic markers that she tends to take everywhere with her. She enjoys approaching things with strange and unique angles that can create a different experience than doing something the normal way. The girl marches to the beat of her own drum!
She isn't without faults, however. She's very naive to the world around, a part of her sheltered upbringing and can get rather stubborn if things aren't going her way. She'll likely do something she thinks or believes is the better option any day than listen to orders given about doing something a specific way. Kumiko also is somewhat clingy to people close to her and is very concerned of what they may think. She does hate it when people just label her as their everyday run of the mill child with a fox tail, but the girl does want them to be happy and is likely to do something to make her in better standing of them. She's also very emotional and can be easily swayed or even toyed with based off of playing with them. Many have even taken advantage of her trusting and generous nature, swaying her to lend them a hand for less than good intentions. This isn't helped by her naivety to the world, assuming that every person she comes across will be from a similar background and will be as honest as her. Kumiko also has a tendency to run her mouth before her brain absorbs information.
- Our Feathered Friends: Kumiko's always had a fascination with birds. Be they large or small, she's always wanted to pet one, though they keep flying away before she can get her hands on one. Maybe someday she can learn how to raise them better.
- Exploring: She's always the first one to sign up for jobs or missions that go to all sorts of exotic places. The fox loves searching every nook and cranny of her places to go that she even tries to make little maps for each one of them.
- Art: Any kind of unique or abstract sketches or anything will always catch the girl's interest. She's very interested in learning how to draw better, and actually has a decent grasp of some basics herself (in her own mind, at least). Any kind of person who's into the craft will always catch her interest.
- Cold Weather: Brrr. She's not equipped to go out and freeze her little behind off! Kumiko tends to push herself into her tail more with the cold, attempting to keep warm. During the winter months, she becomes less active and tends to calm down, taking regular naps during the day when not busy or doing anything important. Usually after engorging herself with food.
- "No!": How dare you tell her she can't do something! Don't you know who you're talking to?! Kumiko tends to get pouty when the dreaded word is given to her, usually dismissing it entirely and disobeying orders unless enough of a reason to given for her to follow it.
- Meetings: Kumiko gets bored being in one spot all the time, and naturally, any kind of guild meeting or function where she can wander generally makes her restless and bored. To circumvent this, she naturally brings something to keep her busy with during these kinds of things. Typically a notepad and a pencil, or a magic marker that keeps her entertained while scribbling down things
- I'm A Hero!: The fox has been raised on countless tales of heroes in the past, willing to put others' needs before their own. Some of it has rubbed off on the girl, as she actively wants to create her own legends, able to be told to people for generations to come. Sure, nothing's been written about her yet, but that can always change! Like her Dad's always said, "all the great legends come from somebody in need."
- Food: You can't be the main hero on an empty stomach. Kumiko's a bottomless pit when it comes to food, and is always willing to help in exchange for a bowl. She's learning how to cook for her own so she can have food anytime she wants, though the clean up is always the worst part for her.
- Truth: Her entire journey began because her dear old Dad went missing one day after she came home from exploring around the shrine. She's been worried sick about him and only happened across Fairy Tail after being directed there by a friendly merchant on the road one day. Kumiko's hopeful that she can find him again and hopes for assistance in finding a trail.
- Dad?...: What if her father's been dead this entire time she's been looking for him? Kumiko would be beside herself if she found out that his time had passed. It's the entire reason she joined Fairy Tail to begin with, hoping that people could help her find him.
- It's Dark In Here!: Like most her age, she's utterly terrified of it being completely dark. Even in her room or any, she tries to make some kind of light source available so her mind doesn't start inventing stuff to spook her with. When in a dark space, she'll immediately climb onto the nearest person or thing and refuse to budge until she can see at least some kind of thing she recognizes.
- "But...My Legend...": What would happen if her story had finished before it even started? She doesn't want people to forget her journeys and tales, scared that they might even forget about her.
Red (Left Hand)
Last edited by Kumiko on 4th July 2021, 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total