Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Happy Halloween from the Daggers~

Percy
    Percy

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Limited Edition- Buddy Buddy- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Position : None
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 336,993

Happy Halloween from the Daggers~ - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Halloween from the Daggers~

Post by Percy 27th October 2020, 5:52 am

While a good chunk of time had passed between a dragon stomping a guildhall on top of him and security rushing him to the hospital, to Percy it had been mere seconds if that long. He jolted back into consciousness with a loud gasp as his body finished the tensing motion it had started before the piece of roof knocked him out. He'd have probably screamed if he could have, but sucking in the breath to do so was so excruciating that he pressed back into the hospital bed in agony. It was a sobering pain that grounded him. His ribs were broken. The pressure was gone. It was soft under him. The incessant beeping. He wasn't amongst the rubble anymore. No, he was safe, but not unharmed. He was so groggy, it was hard to keep his eyes open, so he shut them again and nearly passed back out.

In the murky darkness of his reviving mind, he was left to mentally mull through his situation. So he'd been no help after all. He'd been a liability. Who'd had to pull him out? Saved his life? Such a bitter taste. He was so frustrated with his own weakness that hot tears immediately rushed to his good eye, slipping out of the closed lid as he tried to pound the mattress with his fists, except he could only do half of that. One fist was good to do the motion, but the other was restrained. A cast. Taking bleak stock of his injuries, he also found that his leg was injured as well, though he wasn't sure how badly just by feeling. Seemed certainly broken, at least. Percy tried to pull himself closer to full consciousness, managing to crack his eyes open and blearily look around. Was it wrong to hope his parents weren't there?

[wc: 305 || total wc: 12919]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Artemis Dagger
    Artemis Dagger

Alt Account- Alignment Shift- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Guild Creator- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of Jagers
    Guild : Hidden Blades
    Experience : 2,399,882

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Incubus Soul Takeover
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Happy Halloween from the Daggers~ - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Halloween from the Daggers~

Post by Artemis Dagger 7th November 2020, 11:19 am

It went on and on. The beeping. For longer than Artemis could bear, but he endured, nonetheless. The silence causing unpleasant thoughts to rifle through his mind like salty droplets on an open wound. Where was everyone else? Why was it just him? Surely they should be here, by here side grasping to each second with hope that Perseus would awaken. And yet they were not. Pan was missing in action. And his parents, his grandfather, the rest of their pisspot excuse of a family. They were busy. It enraged him so much, and if it were not for the fact that he did bot have to power to refuse them as of right now. He would have cast them off then and there, or perhaps much sooner. But alas, his hands remained chained and there was nothing he could do but wait and be there for his brother.

He almost missed it - the moment Percy opened his eyes. Were it not for his sensitive hearing the smallest shift of movement would have slipped by. But he heard him, his head snapped back with a whip and his tired ruby eyes would upon his brothers weary face. As he took sight of Percy’s gaze peering weakly around the room, Artemis would exhale with relief.

”Morning princess,” He jested, a megre attempt as humour to cover the pain in his voice. It was easier to joke, to joke rather than anything else. Better to joke than to cry, to scream or to do the things he truly wanted. To hunt down whoever did this and obliterate them completely.

WC: 270 Art's Total: 7,013 New Thread Total: 13,189  Tag: @Percy

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Percy
    Percy

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Limited Edition- Buddy Buddy- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 

Post by Percy 8th November 2020, 6:00 am

Of course, Artemis was here. If there was one thing he could rely on, it was that his brother would have to endure the consequences of his weakness by having to wait in the hospital for his little brother to wake up. Good thing it wasn't wrong to hope his parents weren't there, because they certainly weren't. The twinge of disappointment was an emotional betrayal since he'd much rather only deal with Artemis. "Princesses are... usually rescued... before the castle crumbles on top of them..." Percy's voice crackled through a small attempt at a smile, weak from disuse. He too would use humor to cover his very obvious devastation of both mind and body. It'd been a while since he'd been this disgusted with himself.

Shifting to try and get more comfortable, he once again winced, surprised by how much pain there was. One day he'd make sure to replace the hard hospital bed mattresses with something better than these. "How long was I out?" he asked quietly, the jokes already wearing into something more subdued and miserable. He hoped Artemis hadn't gotten in trouble for spending too much time here. He'd also like to think he hadn't worried him too much, though he could tell by his tired eyes that this had been an ordeal. An apology rushed up to his lips, but he refused to say it this time. Apologies were worthless when you keep doing worrisome things over and over again. Yes, he was sorry he caused Artemis to worry, but he rather wished he'd just stop worrying because Percy knew he'd never stop ending up in these situations until he either got what he wanted or could no longer pursue it for some reason. Since he couldn't control how his brother felt and he knew he'd continue to be selfish about this one thing, his sorries died in his throat. "Are my guildmates okay?" the younger Dagger asked lastly, his right eye beginning to sting with angry tears.

[wc: 332 || total wc: 13,521]

Artemis Dagger
    Artemis Dagger

Alt Account- Alignment Shift- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Guild Creator- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Artemis Dagger 10th November 2020, 8:49 pm

A soft smile crept onto's Arty's face, his brother still could make jokes that was good. Really good. He may have been trampled but he was still Percy. Grabbing the edge of his seat, Art scooted closer to the bed, so that he was in line with his siblings body, looking at the boys face, he sighed. "About two days now," He answered, "They got you here pretty quickly after the incident,"

"As far as I know, I haven't been communicating with the guild myself, but I'll probably head there to give my thanks. It was that er... Nessa girl, yeah. She was the one who found your body in the rubble, called for help which got the attention of our men." He explained quietly, he had sort of met the girl once, briefly the better part of a year ago. He didn't really know her, but he knew what he'd heard. He was sure Percy knew more about the girl having been her guildmate. "I'd say you're lucky to be alive but... seeing you like this Perce, doesn't feel much like luck to me." He admittedly solemnly. He wasn't trying to make his brother feel bad about the incident, he knew that it wasn't Percy's fault he was in this state. Who could have predicted that a dragon would just... up and step on the building he was in.

It occurred to Artemis that he should give Percy the news he'd been dreading, his parents would bring it up eventually. But Artemis wanted to prepare him for the news, so that he wasn't steamrolled when the Dagger Legal Team started badgering him. "There's something you should know Perseus. Mother and Father... originally they wanted to sue Fairy Tail. I talked them and convinced them it wasn't right. They agreed but ... they've decided to take you out of the guild."

WC: 311 Art's Total: 7,324 New Thread Total: 13,832  Tag: @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 8th December 2020, 3:52 am

Percy groaned less in a physically pained way and more in emotional dread when he heard Artemis say Nessa had found him. "Of course, she did..." he hissed through a tight throat. Arty was right. This didn't feel like luck to him either. It was all around crappy and unlucky, as expected. If there was anyone he didn't want to come to his rescue and make worry about him, it was Nessa and Mura. How embarrassing. Now he'd never be able to look her in the eye when he returned--

The thought stopped dead once his brother spoke of their parents and what they had done. His face jerked to face his brother, eyes wide in disbelief.

"They....they what?!"

The news of what his parents had been up to for the past couple days derailed any petty worries and bruised egos over Nessa being the one to find his crushed body. Percy, though his face went through a gambit of emotions, understood. He hated it, but he understood. They only saw him as a weak, magicless boy chasing a dead-end dream who had no business in joining a guild for mages. And they sought someone to blame for allowing someone who never should have joined to join. It was his fault, but Fairy Tail almost paid the price. As a second layer, it prevented Percy from kicking up any dust about it and insisting on going back, if he wanted to keep his guild out of trouble. An effective tactic. Possibly the only one that would force their youngest son's hand and keep him from stubbornly running back to prove himself. "...couldn't even come tell me themselves," he mumbled bitterly, his right eye freely releasing the frustrated tears that had been building on his lower lids. "Everything's so messed up.."

[wc: 301 || total: 13822]

Artemis Dagger
    Artemis Dagger

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Artemis Dagger 9th December 2020, 6:58 am

Artemis hated this, it was clear to him that his brother was already at a low point - what with being in the hospital again. But for his parents to be pouring salt in the wounds the way that they were, and as Percy commented - they didn't have the decency to tell him themself. Because that's just how they were, how they had always been. There was just too much to do, and it all matters, the company and the reputation of the family came first. Percy was alive and for them, that was enough. "I'm sorry Perce." He said softly, not sure what else to say. He would glance at the far walls, eyes trained on it as though giving his brother some privacy whilst he shed his understandable tears.

After several moments, Artemis would sit forward, picking up the folder he kept aside. "It sucks, I get it. The way they always want to restrict you, and it can't be easy what with... you know, the whole no magic thing." He would pause, the pang of guilt in his chest. Through unfair means somehow they had both been born different from their sister, growing up with no magical abilities whatsoever. And yet out of the two of them, Artemis had escaped such fate, at great cost but still, he would understand Percy's frustration. Even if Artemis would have traded magic instantly if it meant undoing what he'd done, he couldn't and he knew that sharing those feelings with Percy was impossible. How could you regret obtaining something, if you knew not of its burden but only it's glory.

"I wasn't sure about showing you this on account of, well I didn't want you running off and getting into more danger but... I think you should have it." He brought his eyes back to his brother, "You recall the time you attempted to contract with a demon and went missing for a while. Since then my agents have been investigating that time and... we've pulled up some information. I don't exactly know what it means but... it may lead to some answers about what happened to you." He reached over and placed the folder on the bed next to his brother before sitting back down.

"If I'm completely honest, Perce, I would prefer you burn it and not look further into it. The last thing I want is for you to find yourself in the hospital again, but... seeing as it's your choice. And that our parents choose only to take more from you than seems fair. I'll only ask one thing of you, and that's that you proceed with caution. I can come with you if you like... but if you'd prefer to do it alone, I understand just... please be careful."  He pleaded desperately, praying that he would not come to regret this decision.

WC: 478  New Thread Total: 14,300  
    Tag: @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 9th December 2020, 11:53 pm

For about the millionth time in his life, Percy, still shedding hot and angry tears, vaguely waved his brother's apology off with his good arm and said "It's fine" in a quiet voice. "It's just...how it is," he sighed, finally getting a handle on his emotions and drying his eye. No choice but to accept it. It wasn't like he could change anything right now.

It would seem there was more bad news on the horizon, though this one he had anticipated cropping up eventually, even if he wasn't sure exactly when. "Yeah, I recall that," Percy said in an odd tone, somewhere between sarcasm, dread, and humor. As if he could forget his monumental failure that had cost two weeks of his life to mystery and another few days to recovery. He'd never forget that look on Artemis's face when he told him what he'd done. "Thanks. I've been looking all this time, but came up with nothing..." he half lied, trying not to let his discomfort show. Percy acted like he hadn't been avoiding finding out what he'd done. In the first few weeks following his failed efforts to make that demonic contract, he'd obsessively tried to track his whereabouts. He nearly made himself sick trying to fill in the gaping black hole in his memory. But in the months following, he was put off by some disturbing nightmares and a nagging feeling at the back of his brain. His efforts to look slowed and he buried himself in other things. Before long, he'd stop looking into it altogether, neither admitting to himself that he didn't want to know nor letting his brother know he had stopped searching. He was fooling himself into thinking he wanted to know because it was the right thing to do, while everything inside of him knew that if he found out, he'd never be the same.

Another lie slipped from his mouth as he laid a hand on the folder, but didn't open it. "It'll be nice to maybe find out what I did...or hopefully didn't do," the younger brother said, looking so much older than nineteen for an instant. It was so tiring, dealing with all the things he did. A gigantic load would fall from his shoulders if he'd just abandon his search for the one thing he didn't have. If only he could just embrace his life as it was, as an intelligent man with a great career who loved his work. His family didn't realize how counterproductive their treatment of him had been. If they hadn't made him feel like his lack of magic was a disability and took things away from him to 'keep him safe', maybe his obsession with getting it and proving himself wouldn't have happened.

Being a man of science was a curse. As much as he couldn't admit he didn't want to know and could have easily taken the convenient out presented to him by his brother by burning it, deep down he knew his curiosity wouldn't be satisfied with never knowing. He might not be ready to know right now, but some day he'd have no choice but to look and confront it. That's how Percy was. He might play ostrich and hide his head for a little bit, but sooner or later he'd come up for air. He'd want to know how much it would take to repair whatever damage he'd potentially caused to people. He'd also want to hide it, internalize it. It was shameful. "I'll go it alone, but I'll be careful," he assured Artemis, turning to look at him properly. Despite how dire the information was, it made him feel good that his older brother had spent all this effort to find it for him and gave him the courtesy of trusting it to him. Mismatched eyes searched the familiar face seated nearby. Did he already have a clue what happened? That was a stupid question. Artemis had every reason to assume Percy's experience had been identical to his, just with no beneficial result.

After a moment of silence passed, tense and heavy, Percy released a trembling sigh. "Art, I'm actually terrified to find out," he confessed with a rye laugh, followed by a wince.

[wc: 708 || total: 15,008]

Artemis Dagger
    Artemis Dagger

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Artemis Dagger 30th December 2020, 12:00 am

As Artemis eyed his younger sibling, he would say a silent prayer. He wasn't an especially religious person, but he felt like desperate times called for desperate measures. And frankly, it's couldn't hurt, could it? He prayed that whatever road that those pages would take him down, that they wouldn't bring him pain. That he would be safe and that his brother would return to him after in one piece. It may have been futile, from his own experience there was always a pain when in came to contracting with demons, but maybe just maybe, this wasn't the case. Maybe not only had the contract failed, but there was no consequence. Aside from the memory loss and the worry, it was caused, if that was the only result then that was okay. It was a foolish wish but one he clung to, for his brother's sake.

Artemis reached forward and squeezed his brothers arm softly. "I'm sure it will all be okay, just... don't be afraid to reach out. I know I'm pretty busy with the family business and stuff but at the end of the day. We're all we've got Perce and ... I need you just as much, maybe even more than you need me. I love you bro, even if you are a clumsy pleb," He told him, adding friendly testing to his words. It wasn't said often in their family, so when it was, it counted. Art's face fell back to a more serious expression as he continued, "And you need to understand that, if something did happen, that it wasn't you. It was the demon, don't take that responsibility on yourself. We can't always control the consequences of our actions, but we can control how we internalize them. You have a powerful mind Perce, a brilliant one, don't let it fail you." He didn't know if he was making sense, but he hoped Percy would understand what he was trying to say. He wasn't great at advice, but he couldn't help but want to try.

"Right, anyway. Enough of that, this isn't going to make you feel better." He pulled out his phone, "Let's order some pizza and a crap ton of sides. Maybe we can get them to bring a tv in here, I can get Wallard to bring up the Gamesphere. Oh and I do have some news that isn't bad..." He looked up as his sibling, eyes brighter as he remembered the other news he had to spill.

WC: 417  New Thread Total: 15,425
    Tag: @Percy

Current date/time is 26th July 2024, 10:17 pm