Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Happenstance

Cillian duCrosse
    Cillian duCrosse

Player 
    Lineage : Legend of the Lich
    Position : None
    Guild : Confidence Intl.
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 394,517

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Necrothurgy
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Happenstance Empty Happenstance

Post by Cillian duCrosse 15th March 2019, 10:37 pm

Spoiler:

Even though my life hasn't been all that great

642/500 WORDS

@TAGGED

THEME SONG

I have seen war, famine; witnessed the genocide. Have seen the changes in human nature and history, and I am still here, standing alone. Til the end, I will be there too. To witness the endless carnage, to live this harsh reality. Cause I have been cursed, Cursed with immortality.
    Few things are better than this, Cillian thought to himself.

He was standing in the home of an elderly woman named Laverne. He didn’t know Laverne very well. He didn’t know her at all, actually, but he had been walking by when she’d been trying to shuffle back home with a load of groceries and had almost lost them when her bag broke. Not being a complete douchebag, he’d of course stopped to help her pick up the items and offered to walk her home so he could help make sure she didn’t have anymore problems.

They’d gotten to talking a bit along the way, and Laverne was quite smitten with his rather roguish mannerism. He’d tease her and play with her like she was still in her twenties, and she’d blush and chuckle like old biddies did. By the time they got to her home, she’d asked if he’d be willing to take his help a step further by fixing her some food. Her joints were not what they used to be, it seemed, and sometimes even taking care of herself was difficult. She really wanted a glass of tea and some snacks, and would be willing to pay him for his time. Of course Cillian had agreed with a great big smile, promising he’d whip her up something worthwhile.

So here he stood, shamelessly wearing the apron she’d offered him which was pink with lace frills around the hems. The kettle was starting to simmer, and the smell of fruit filled the air as he chopped up strawberries and bananas for the pie he was making. When the pot began to whistle, he removed it from the heat and poured it into a nice big mug, sliding it over to her. As she began to seep her tea leaves, the two of them continued to chat while he kept at the pie. Laverne had lost her husband several years ago, she told him, and most of her children did not live close enough to visit her every day, or even once a week. Life was a bit lonely for her at times, so she really appreciated him being so generous as to take time out of his day to cook for a strange old lady.

Cillian actually quite liked her. She was spunky and sassy, and even flirted with him a bit which made him grin. It was a shame that she wasn’t a mage, or else he’d have seriously considered using his magic on her after she passed to make her one of his summons and keep her around for a while. “I’ll tell you what, Laverne,” he said after the pie had finished setting in the fridge. He cut out a slice and put it on a plate for her, cutting one for himself as well. “I absolutely love cooking, and it’s a crime that your kids can’t be here to give you a hand. So why don’t you let me? I’m not tied to anywhere, don’t have any obligations. I’d happily start coming around more often just to cook for you a give you a hand and some company.”

She gave it some thought, but as soon as she bit into the pie and tasted how delicious it was any doubt seemed to fly right out the window. Laverne hummed in pleasure, looking down at the pie like it was the most beautiful thing she’d ever laid eyes on. “Honey, you keep making stuff like this and I might marry you.”

Cillian got a good laugh out of that, as did she. Ultimately she agreed. Laverne really did need the help, and the socializing. As they lazed about and chatted over the slices of sweet goodness, Cillian couldn’t help but feel this was the start to a beautiful relationship.

I figure that if I live long enough, something good might happen.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 8:26 am