Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

[Social - Leona & Eero] Of Tea and Spar

Elyon
    Elyon

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit of Corruption
    Position : None
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 24,593

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

[Social - Leona & Eero] Of Tea and Spar Empty [Social - Leona & Eero] Of Tea and Spar

Post by Elyon 10th August 2018, 12:43 am

Eero
    C-rank || Silver Wolf || 513 words || 513 total
    It was quite a lovely day. Slightly chilly outside, but for Eero it was perfect. He had been sleeping off his latest ventures outside of the Guild. Almost all of them were conducted in the name of science and research, but all of them included Eero being outside. He didn't want to say it, but he felt better after going outside, instead being holed up in his room, trying to revive his personal research topic. Even if the experiences he had were questionable at best. The boy slightly slept in, but he didn't have a set alarm, so it didn't really matter too much. He was just surprised that his inner clock let him sleep for a little bit longer the last few days. Not even Soho woke him up. Eero did his morning routine, including re-spiking his hair, which took him a while longer than he anticipated, because his arms felt like butter. With a yawn he washed his favourite green mug that had 'Campe Diem' written on it in yellow.

After wiping the mug, he filled his kettle with water and let it boil. In the meantime, he let out Soho to stretch his wings properly and to hunt for some breakfast. He then would look through his tea collection. /"I want to have some black tea, but green would probably be better. It's morning, after all."/ He thought amusedly. Green tea was good for energy. Eero once made a mistake of drinking a cup of green tea late in the evening and then he almost pulled an unintentional all-nighter. Ever since he did that, he only drank green tea in the morning or in the afternoon. As much as he loved tea, he hated picking a tea to drink. With a smile he took out a tin that contained his green tea supply and took out one of his self-made teabags out of it. The water boiled, but Eero let it cool down a bit. As he waited for the water's temperature to drop, he mused as to what he was going to do for the day. He really wasn't in the mood for any serious research, so that idea was out of the window. /"But maybe.."/ Eero remembered that he had an idea of a training session not too long ago. The boy would look down on his arms that looked like sad sticks. He could definitely use some training.

With a mug of tea, the boy entered the outside training area. It was more suited for archers and other ranged weapons, but there was more than plenty of space for melee training aswell. Several benches were lined near the door that led to the outside area for people to rest and plop down their things while they trained. Eero didn't have anything with him other than the loose sweatpants and a tight blue t-shirt he wore and the mug he held in his hands, so he plopped himself down on the one that was nearest to the door. He wanted to finish his tea first, before doing anything.
    NOTES
    Nothing more divine than morning tea.  -Eero
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Social - Leona & Eero] Of Tea and Spar 9AtWbCr

Character: Elyon Lamalet ⭐ Primary Magic: Gunbreaker (Coming Soon) ⭐ Elyon's Inventory & Info: Closed for refurbishing ⭐ Template: Code shenanigans
    Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Nemean Lion
    Position : Saint of Courage
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Silver Wolf [Guild Master]
    Cosmic Coins : 215
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 11,344,090

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Wind Strike Magic
    Second Magic: Wind Summon Magic
    Third Magic:

[Social - Leona & Eero] Of Tea and Spar Empty Re: [Social - Leona & Eero] Of Tea and Spar

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 10th August 2018, 1:49 pm

Wearing her usual olive green t-shirt and khaki cargo pants with boots and wearing the Argent Gloves on her hands, Leona was walking the guild hall looking for any sign of trouble. Leona had been busy lately. In between her unexpected ascension to Guild Ace and her adventures with Eero, she did not have time to slow down. Leona had been entrusted with an important responsibility and she had to perform it not just for herself, but also the guild. She was willing to meet the challenge.

It had been awhile since Leila had went missing, but the guild was still rebuilding thanks to the diligent efforts of Poko and the other members. Someone needed to be a pillar of stability in uncertain times. Someone needed to stand ready to repel any attempts by outsiders wanting to perform a smash and grab raid on the guild hall to make off with books, artifacts, or members. The Guild Master Poko Monstar had seen fit to promote Leona to the position of Guild Ace. When asked why, Poko asserted that Leona had proved herself worthy of the title after successfully completing the mission to rescue her friends and retrieve the tablet from the Crimson Sashes.

Now Leona was among the top members of Silver Wolf. She had not seen the promotion coming, not in a thousand years. Still, it was a pleasant surprise. The Guild Master had thought her deserving of a chance to fill a position of prestige and responsibility. That was not an opportunity one just threw away.

Leona had completed a walkthrough of the main hallway. She would go outside and walk around the guild hall to check for any signs of intrusion. Donning her orange jacket, Leona went outside and took a glance around the guild entrance. No signs of intrusion.

Leona looked around and spotted Eero. He was holding a mug and standing in the outside training area. She decided to stop by and say hello.

"Hey Eero. How's it going?" Leona asked him.

[Word Count: 338] [Total Word Count: 338]
    Elyon
    Elyon

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

[Social - Leona & Eero] Of Tea and Spar Empty Re: [Social - Leona & Eero] Of Tea and Spar

Post by Elyon 15th August 2018, 10:11 am

Eero
    C-rank || Silver Wolf || 232 words || 745 total
    Eero took a few sips of his tea, before he stood up and stretched his back a little. He would have to do a full stretch excercise routine to not pull a muscle, while training and working out. The boy yawned and took an another sip of tea. He was just standing there for a few moments, taking a moment to let his muscles realise that he was going to use them, extensively in a little bit. And also finish his tea. This intention, however, was interrupted, by a voice that he recognised all too well now. Leona. The boy would turn to his guildmate with a smile. "Hello, Leona!" He would greet her back.

"I took a bit to rest from our latest adventure, so I feel better." Their last venture had them head into the Spooky Forest. A lot of things have transpired, such as seeing horrifying creatures in the shadows of the trees and gathering resources for weapon research and creation. Oh, and his other self getting some spotlight. How could he forget about that part? "I was hoping that I would force myself to do some training, instead of sitting above books all day again." Eero would share his idea to Leona. "How about you? Are you out for something in particular?" He would ask his guildmate in return and take a sip from his now lukewarm tea.
    NOTES
    I have to.. I need to get stronger.  -Eero
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Character: Elyon Lamalet ⭐ Primary Magic: Gunbreaker (Coming Soon) ⭐ Elyon's Inventory & Info: Closed for refurbishing ⭐ Template: Code shenanigans
    Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 15th August 2018, 8:59 pm

"Me? I was walking around the guild hall. I was looking around for signs of trouble." Leona started her explanation. Maybe there was no threat to the guild. Maybe Leona was worried about nothing. Silver Wolf was a relatively new guild, so they were not on the radar. Yet.

That could be a mixed blessing. On one hand, not too many people knew about them. On the other hand, their isolation could make raiding the guild easy since Silver Wolf had no powerful friends ready to help defend them... yet. As Guild Master, Poko was the one in charge of finding allies. Leona would leave any dealing with other guilds up to the Guild Master.

Meanwhile, Leona would do her best to stay on top of internal affairs. Right now that involved the physical security of the guild hall. Later on that might involve other duties. Leona had never expected to become an Ace, but long ago she had promised Leila Vergious that she would help the guild any way she could. Leona was prepared to uphold that vow... the Guild Master might have changed, but the blonde's determination to keep her word did not.

"So far there are no signs of trouble inside or outside the guild hall. Have you seen anything out of the ordinary?" Leona asked Eero before lowering her backpack to the ground, pulling out her canteen, and taking a swig from the metal container. It was uncomfortably cold to the touch. The blonde should look into finding a water container that did not get cold so easily.

[Word Count: 262] [Total Word Count: 600]

Elyon
    Elyon

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Elyon 16th August 2018, 1:03 pm

Eero
    C-rank || Silver Wolf || 319 words || 1064 total
    Keeping the Guild safe was a good idea. However, they were in quite a secluded area. Not to mention that they were protected by an everlasting blizzard and spirit wolves. As long as nobody managed to get past all of those hurdles, Eero thought they were really safe. The maximum he could think would be the destructive potential of the Guild's members. Which included himself, of course. He was very well aware the risks of his other self, but at the same time he believed that even his other self had a bit of common sense not to thrash the Guildhall. The boy would take a sip of his tea, slowly nearing the bottom, as Leona asked him if he had seen anything susupicious or out of the ordinary happening. "No, not really. Other than myself, of course." Eero would give a small chuckle. Not the best joke, but hey, he wasn't a comedian.

"I think that the only real risk is getting attacked from the inside. And even that is highly unlikely. I hope." The boy would share his thoughts with his guildmate. "Thanks for keeping the Guild safe, though." He would thank Leona. It did made Eero feel a bit more at ease, knowing that Leona was looking out for their safety. Perhaps he should do something that actually benefited the Guild, rather than just focusing on his personal adventures and research. He could start by getting stronger? Eero would finish the rest of his now almost cold tea and set down his on a bench behind him. He would then turn to his guildmate. "Hey. I'd like to ask.." Eero hesitated for a moment. "How does one get stronger?" It was an honest question. He was well aware that there were many kind of strengths and such, but he wanted to know what Leona made of it, since he couldn't exactly wrap his head around it.
    NOTES
    The definition of strength...  -Eero
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 16th August 2018, 7:08 pm

Leona was amused by Eero's reference to a secret she had sworn to protect. What was less amusing was the implication. She was concerned about what would happen if Other Eero came out to play. With his choice of magic, he could be quite dangerous if he decided that the other guild members had to go. Hopefully it would not come to that.

"How to get stronger?" Leona repeated Eero's query. That was a tough question to answer. She had an answer, but it might be an unpalatable one.

"You might not like the answer, but I'll give it to you anyway. To get stronger, sometimes you have to put yourself in danger. You have to fight strong opponents." Leona answered.

"But I wouldn't suggest fighting serial killers right out of the gate like I did. That may be too much. I'd suggest fighting the undead because they can be more forgiving than human opponents. They're also common opponents, so you need to learn to fight them as soon as possible. If you go to Silent Cemetery, you can't throw a rock without hitting one." Leona counseled her guildmate.

"My biggest mistake was trying to take on Jacob Goodnight by myself. That almost cost me my life. The only reason I'm still here is that I got lucky." Leona said to Eero. Luck played a large part in the blonde's survival, but so did her special abilities that activated at night. The Sword of the Goddess was her trump card when all looked lost. It helped her escape Jacob's gambit and put an end to him for good.

"When you feel up to the challenge and are ready to test your magic for a good cause, that's a good time to take on serial killers. You'll be doing Earthland a favor and making good Jewels. But you'd better be ready to fight to the finish. Most of them won't surrender." Leona warned Eero. She then wondered why he was asking. Maybe she could find out.

"Are you thinking of fighting some bandits or doing some bounty hunting?" Leona asked him.

[Word Count: 350] [Total Word Count: 950]
    Elyon
    Elyon

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Elyon 17th August 2018, 5:32 pm

Eero
    C-rank || Silver Wolf || 337 words || 1401 total
    To get stronger, one had to put themselves in danger, Leona said. The boy listened, intently, to his guildmate's answer. She did have a point, but was fighting the undead and bandits truly the only way? He still didn't know. He knew that by overcoming one's limits can one get stronger, but that just frustrated him more. Something told him that that was the intended way for his magic to get stronger. But did he want to kill other people to get stronger? Eero was sure that his other self would have no problems with that, including fighting till the bitter end with bandit leaders. However, Leona then asked him whether he was looking for some bounties to complete.

The answer was both simple and complex. Once more, all of what he wanted to do, had to do with recovering his memories, one of his ultimate goals. Thinking only about himself, again. Selfish. Eero groaned. "I'm not really interested in bounties." He would answer truthfully. Bounties and hunts were things that went above his head. "I just believe that to unlock the way to finding my memories I have to get stronger." The boy would sigh. "That only that way I will uncover fragments of who I used to be." It was a good question. Who did he used to be? He thought that without strength he would never find out. Eero would run his hands through his hair and clutch the spikes. "It's so frustrating! How? Why? Why was it me?!" The boy involuntarily raised his voice in frustration. As of late he didn't have too much time to think on his missing past. But now that he had some time on his hands, his thoughts just wandered over to that gaping void in his mind. Eero used to deal with that fact quite well before. However, since he had uncovered those few teeny tiny fragments, he knew there had to be more. And it gnawed on him, not knowing how to find the other fragments.
    NOTES
    Who did I used to be?  -Eero
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 17th August 2018, 6:57 pm

"Well, fighting's not the only way to get stronger. You could study magic and practice it for months, even years. But I'm more of a fighter than I am a scholar. You could say that I have an identity crisis of my own." Leona said to him.

"But it's nothing like yours. I don't know whether I really belong in Silver Wolf or not. But you, you're missing a whole part of your identity. That's a lot harder to get over. It just doesn't solve itself." Leona quickly added. She probably sounded insensitive just then by comparing his problem with something as trivial as whether she belonged in the guild or not. How to make amends? She had an idea.

"Do you think you'll find answers if you go back to where you were born, or at least where you call home?" Leona asked him. Maybe he could start looking there. Maybe there were still some villagers or townspeople who knew his parents and could give some answers. If they could not give answers, they could at least point him in the right direction. When she thought about people, the blonde got another idea.

"Do you have a mentor you can ask about your identity?" Leona inquired of Eero. Mentors were usually another good place to start. However, sometimes they were unwilling to part with such information. They typically made their student earn it by undergoing a test of some sort. That quickly brought up another issue... the issue of whether Eero and his mentor were still on good terms.

[Word Count: 260] [Total Word Count: 1,210]
    Elyon
    Elyon

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Elyon 18th August 2018, 3:01 am

Eero
    C-rank || Silver Wolf || 264 words || 1665 total
    It seemed that Leona was questioning her place in the Silver Wolf. If Eero had to be honest, Leona was the person the Guild needed the most. The boy would let go of his hair. "Maybe you aren't the best researcher in the Guild, but you have other talents and abilities that others do not. You saved my life, for example, because I didn't foresee the danger. We could use more people like you." The boy would say. He would've died in that forest if it weren't for Leona. However, when his guildmate said that he should try searching for his identity back home, he just got more frustrated. That was the problem he had.

Eero would shake his head. "Leona.. I don't think you understand. It's not just that I don't know who I am but.." The boy would sigh sit down on the ground. "I don't remember anything." He would whisper with sadness in his voice. There was absolutely nothing. No home. No family. No past. "Up until a certain point, when I woke up in middle of nowhere, I don't remember anything." Eero would put his head into his hands. What happened to him? What happened that it resulted in his memory vanishing? "I found some tiny fragments after Zephyr broke my artifact and I put it back together, but it only makes me more frustrated, because I can't find anything else." The boy would sigh. "I just.. I don't know anymore." Eero would say quietly. As frustrated as he was, letting that out made him feel a little bit better.
    NOTES
    I don't know anymore.  -Eero
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 18th August 2018, 12:22 pm

"We both saved each other. I saved you from the vine. You saved my weapon creation when you gave me half of the vine you were after. I think our abilities complement one another." Leona said to him. This was not about her. She knew who she was and where she came from. Eero was missing part of his identity.

"So you don't remember any of it?" Leona asked. She had no idea of what could had happened to him to make him completely lose that part of his memory. It must have been frightening to wake up in a strange place with no idea of how he got there. Then he said something that sounded like a name. Zephyr.

"Zephyr? Who's Zephyr? Was he or she a mentor to you?" Leona pressed Eero. She was willing to help, but she needed something to follow up on. Since a location was out of the question, she would take a physical description of Zephyr, but anything she could get would work. Eero might have difficulty remembering anything of use since he stated that he had no memory of events before he woke up. Leona would work with him until he could give a clue to run with.

It might take awhile, but Leona could afford to wait. She owed him a few favors. Helping him find part of his missing past would be one of them. One of several that she owed him. Eero did not seem like the type to insist that people owed him something, but Leona would not just take a piece of the vine that almost killed him without at least trying to repay the favor somehow.

[Word Count: 280] [Total Word Count: 1,490]
    Elyon
    Elyon

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Elyon 18th August 2018, 1:33 pm

Eero
    C-rank || Silver Wolf || 410 words || 2075 total
    They did sort of save each other. But Eero still didn't think that saving life of another was equal to giving an ingredient to another. "Maybe we need a team formed within the Guild." The boy would say. He felt like the Guild needed a team that could be relied upon when there was a need for something serious and official. When Leona heard Zephyr's name, she perked up, inquiring about them. The boy would look at his guildmate slightly confused. "Zephyr is Poko's little floating buddy." The boy would explain. "Before I joined Silver Wolf I met Poko in the Peace Village. She asked me to see the artifact. I was about to hand it to her when Zephyr knocked it out of my hand. We were standing on a balcony, so it fell over the railing and it shattered. After I put it back together I got a glimpse of a few fragments of my memories. That was when my previous magic got overriden by the one that slept within me." Eero would give his guildmate a summary of that day in a strained voice. It felt like a lifetime ago, since that happened.

While the shattering of the artifact had worked once, Eero didn't want to just keep smashing it apart to see if it would trigger more fragments."Maybe I should just keep up at my studies, to keep my mind occupied, like I used to do." Eero would sigh. The case of missing memories wasn't something that could be solved overnight. Maybe it could, but he felt like his case is somewhat different. Especially considering his other, darker self, who had been with him ever since he had woken up that day. The boy would stand up with a groan and dust himself off. "After all, there are more important things than my own, selfish needs." He would say and he meant it. As of late he was only thinking of himself and the issues he had. The void in his mind hurt, but he would endure it. He had to. "Would you mind sparring with me for a moment? I still would like to get stronger, so that I can protect the Guild, like you do." Eero would ask his guildmate. He was planning on just doing some excercises, but having somebody to spar with would be a better practice. Besides, he still needed to get his mind off of the issue of his memories.
    NOTES
    A lifetime ago, huh...  -Eero
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 18th August 2018, 9:39 pm

"Oh. I didn't even know Poko had a floating friend. You see, I don't know very much about Poko." Leona admitted sheepishly. She had had some contact with Poko before, but it had been for brief periods of time. Maybe Leona should try to build a rapport with the Guild Master. Maybe later... Eero needed her help now.

"You said you were in Peace Village when you first met Poko, right? Maybe we should back go to Peace Village some time. If we paid a visit, maybe you could remember something. It's your call." Leona suggested. Going to Desierto made Leona remember a lot, including some things that she wished she could forget. Things like Joshua's threat to kill her family and the circumstances of her exile. Leona would return to Nebdoui one day. Right now she had to focus on the present.

"So you'd be interested in forming a team? Who else do you want on it? Or do you want it to be just you and me?" Leona asked him. She had him pegged for a loner like she was. However, they had done a few things together like save his avian friend Soho, go to Spooky Woods, and forge weapons. Maybe he wanted to try running with a teammate for awhile. Leona was not averse to that.

The last thing that Eero stated was perhaps the most interesting of all. He wanted to spar with her. Leona had time on her hands. She also wanted to see what he could do. She was in.

"OK, Eero. We can spar. Do you want to use magic only or do you want to use weapons too?" Leona inquired. Whether it was magic only or weapons and magic, the blonde was ready to go. She was always up for a good fight. However, she might have to hold back to avoid seriously hurting Eero. He wanted to spar, not to fight to the death.

Leona was worried about the power difference between them and how that might upset the balance of what was supposed to be a learning experience. Judging from his calm demeanor, Eero did not seem so concerned about the power difference. He had likely already thought of ways to level the playing field before he had even made the request. That was fine with Leona. She would gladly oblige and show Eero what she could do.

[Word Count: 400] [Total Word Count:1,890]
    Elyon
    Elyon

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Elyon 19th August 2018, 8:17 am

Eero
    C-rank || Silver Wolf || 363 words || 2438 total
    Eero was surprised to hear that Leona didn't know too much about Poko. Not that he knew a lot himself, but he thought that getting to know Zephyr went hand in hand with knowing Poko. However, he wasn't really in the position to judge how much time other guildmates spent with Poko. Especially now that she was their Guildmaster; she must've been quite busy anyway. Eero did say that he met Poko in the Peace Village, but that wasn't first their encounter. "I've met Poko before our encounter in the Peace Village, but yeah.. I don't know if returning would do anything." The boy would say. He was aware that for some people who had lost memories revisiting places that seemed familiar to them triggered select memories to return, but.. Eero didn't exactly feel familiar with any place he had come across. But then again, one never knew.

It seemed that the idea of a team intrigued Leona. "Perhaps we could start as just us two and then maybe add somebody later, if they would be up for it?" There was no need to forcefully add somebody to a team. They could always have somebody join them at a later date. No need to rush. Eero was glad that Leona had agreed to the spar invitation. He was sure that his guildmate was much stronger than him, especially since she was appointed an Ace. He couldn't get stronger without at least some challenge, right? "I would like to fight with just our fisticuffs. I don't want to use my magic and I left my staff upstairs." The boy would say as he walked towards the more open area of the outside training area. Such close combat was his weakest link, he felt like, anyway. His body wasn't used to too much physical exertion, since he spent a lot of time sitting and studying. Eero felt like he needed to improve himself, in that regard. Or at least having better fighting techniques. "Just don't beat me up too much. I'm not the sturdiest." Eero would chuckle at his own weakness. Thought he really meant it. He didn't want Leona to snap him in half.
    NOTES
    Scholars are not the best at fighting within melee range.  -Eero
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 19th August 2018, 11:50 pm

"OK, we'll try making a team with just us two at first. If someone wants to join, we can give them a chance to become part of the team." Leona agreed with Eero's idea of trying teamwork with just them at first. That way there were only two people to worry about and fewer personality conflicts. If the duo proved successful, they could expand to become a trio, maybe even a quartet. It would also help keep Other Eero a secret until Original Eero felt like telling others about his alternate persona.

Leona heard his request for a fists-only sparring match. That was fair. She did not want to kill Eero in a sparring match by using a knife or her heavy-hitting spells. But first she had to put down her gear. The sheer defensive power of the Argent Gloves would give her an unfair advantage against him, as would a knife.

"I'll be right back." Leona said before briskly walking to her room, setting down her backpack, Argent Gloves, and knife on her bed, then briskly walking back outside. She was used to fighting while wearing a backpack and gauntlets, but she wanted to see if there was a difference now that she was not weighed down. Maybe there was. Maybe there was not. Leona would find out soon enough.

"OK, I'm ready now." Leona declared to Eero. A septet of spirit wolves trotted over and formed a large circle around them. That prompted Leona to ask the pack leader a question.

"Are you making sure that no one interferes?" Leona asked. The pack leader, a spirit wolf with a scar across the right eye, nodded. She did not argue. That was a good idea. Someone might try to sneak by or attack them while they were occupied with the sparring match.

"OK Eero, I'll tell you what. YOU make the first move." Leona offered to Eero. She wondered how he would react. She was certainly interested in seeing what he could do.

[Word Count: 334] [Total Word Count: 2,224]
    Elyon
    Elyon

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Elyon 21st August 2018, 12:39 pm

Eero
    C-rank || Silver Wolf || 381 words || 2819 total
    Eero was glad that Leona agreed to his idea of forming a team. The boy just felt like the Guild could use some form of stability. He hoped that this move would help to accomplish that. Besides, he felt like keeping his other self from an another teammate would feel unfair, so he would be, in a sense, forced to tell them about it. And quite frankly, he wasn't ready quite yet. He needed.. to figure himself out, first.

Leona disappeared for a little bit to return some of her things to her room and Eero patiently awaited her return. Thankfully, his guildmate returned promptly and joined him in the training area. After Leona got into position, a group of wolves appeared. Eero wasn't sure what to make of them, but after Leona asked them whether they were there so that no interruptions happened, he understood. It also limited their fighting space. They shouldn't need too much space, but one never knew. He was about to stretch a little bit, when Leona gave him the first move. "Wow, you really don't think that I'm that capable, huh?" The boy would laugh in good spirit and stretch his arms. While what he said before about him not having almost any muscles was true, it was true to a degree. Ever since he put that puzzle together and reawakened to his current magic, he felt stronger. As if he had realised the strength that was sleeping within. Though it most likely still didn't match up to somebody like Leona. Still, he would give it his all and not embarrass himself too much.

The boy would relax his body and assume his fighting stance. He set his feet slightly apart, his arms resting by his sides. No magic, just pure melee. Eero also needed to make sure that he didn't become too heated so his other self wouldn't receive the reins and ruin everything. After a short moment Eero would launch himself forward towards Leona, angled slightly to his left. He would be relying on his speed and perhaps a bit on the element of surprise. If his hit would connect, he would give Leona a jab on her right arm and then slightly ducking his head, in anticipation of a hit in retaliation.
    NOTES
    Battle ahoy!  -Eero
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 21st August 2018, 2:56 pm

"I think you can do more than you give yourself credit for, Eero. Don't let the other guy get you down." Leona stated before the wolves spread out some to give them a bit more space. She was not sure how to go about this. Should she hold back or should she treat him like any other opponent? She chose the latter.

Fortunately for Eero, Leona was too slow to react and the latter was struck on the right arm. Eero easily avoided retaliation but left himself too close to her. Leona could take advantage of that.

Leona performed a low sweep kick much like Lion's Tail Sweep, only without the magic. She then followed up with a straight punch with her right hand. It was not nearly as fast as Mach Straight, but it would do the job. If Eero wanted to go hand-to-hand, he would need to learn to keep moving.

Once she made her two strikes, she backed away. She did not want to be in range when he returned the favor. He might not be able to hit very hard, but he was fast.

[Word Count: 188] [Total Word Count: 2,412]
    Elyon
    Elyon

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Elyon 22nd August 2018, 8:08 am

Eero
    C-rank || Silver Wolf || 218 words || 3037 total
    Fortunately, Eero's swift strike seemed to surprise Leona, so his hit connected. He also managed to dodge the first strike that Leona sent his wave by ducking preemptively. It left him slightly vulnerable and his guildmate took full advantage of it. He saw Leona winding up with her leg for a sweep, but his body was too slow to react in time, so the kick disturbed his balance and gave way for Leona's punch that he had absolutely no way to dodge. He got hit pretty much square in the chest, which made him groan and reel back a step.

Leona stepped back herself, ready to strike whenever. Eero knew that if he took a few more punches like that and he would be knocked out like a sack of potatoes. Speed was the only thing he had going for him in this match. Before he could overthink things, Eero would launch himself forward, the very same manner as before. However, instead of attempting a jab at his guildmate, a short distance away from Leona he would dip on the ground and semi-slide, with his leg aimed at Leona's with the intent of knocking her off her feet or at least balance. If the hit connected, Eero would push himself up and jab at Leona's side once more.
    NOTES
    If I manage to win, it will be quite the miracle, I think.  -Eero
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 22nd August 2018, 6:09 pm

Leona managed to hit him twice, but those two hits would not guarantee a victory. She had to get in his face and stay there. But did she really want to knock him around just for a sparring match win? She was not sure. What she was sure of was that she needed to quit getting distracted.

Leona felt her right leg buckle as Eero performed a semi-slide that hit her in the right ankle. She was then hit in the right side as she tried to stand up straight. Again Eero had used his speed to outmaneuver her. Instead of committing to a costly back-and-forth exchange that he was ill-prepared to fight, he knew his strength and was playing to it. Leona needed to get serious.

She tried for a spinning backfist. Maybe he could be caught off guard with something flashy. After completing the backfist, she would try for another leg sweep. Once those two attacks were completed she would back off again. She would try to avoid overcommitting to the attack because that would be exactly what Eero wanted.

She wondered what Eero was thinking. She wondered if he too was holding back. Maybe he was. This was just a sparring match, after all. She owed him her best effort, so why was she hesitating?

[Word Count: 218] [Total Word Count: 2,630]
    Elyon
    Elyon

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Elyon 23rd August 2018, 10:42 am

Eero
    C-rank || Silver Wolf || 341 words || 3378 total
    Eero's hits managed to connect, somewhat to his surprise. But Leona was much sturdier than he was, so he was quite positive that his guildmate could take many more hits that the few he managed to land. Not to mention that Eero himself hit like a pansy, so he felt like it would take him an eternity to wear Leona down. He would get tired way before he could accomplish that. The boy noticed Leona's move and put up his arms to block the incoming hit. While he managed to block it, it didn't mean that it didn't hurt. The second hit, however, which was the same leg sweep that Leona had already used, messed up his balance again and his guildmate had time to step back.

Eero didn't want to admit it, but even if he kept on using his speed and agility, he wouldn't be able to beat Leona's strength that he didn't have. Yes, yes, wits often surpassed force, but this time he wasn't so sure. He needed- /"Hey bud."/ His other self..? /"Come on, let me in for just teeny tiny moment."/ No. /"I will win you your so much deserved pride and place within the Guild, easy peasy."/ Get out of my head. The boy would shake his head. He was losing his focus and his other self knew about that. He stood ready to take advantage of any opening that Eero would let him have. The call is so strong, though.. So tempting.. In his unfocused and confused state, the boy instinctively launched himself forward once more. But this time he didn't change the direction or tried any flashy moves. Aside from fist raised and aimed at Leona's head. Few moments before he got close enough to hitting his guildmate Eero realized what he was doing and made himself trip over, to stop. He would roll on the ground a little, stopping in front of Leona. "I.. I'm sorry. I can't. I concede." Eero would say, his head down, without looking up at his guildmate.
    NOTES
    Exactly what I am always afraid of.  -Eero
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 23rd August 2018, 11:22 am

During the sparring match, Leona was observing Eero. He was undeniably fast and his smaller size made him an evasive target. However, her guildmate could not take many hits. Perhaps she should have gotten in his face and traded hits until he submitted, but she was not out to crush what self-esteem he had. That was not the point. The point was to give him a chance to build self-esteem by proving to Other Eero that Original Eero could do important things without the former's "help."

Leona prepared to defend against Eero's incoming attack when the latter tripped and rolled on the ground. He rolled to a stop in front of her and she took a few steps back. What had happened? She did not know. Eero announced that he had conceded the match.

Leona did not care about the match. What she did care about was Eero. All of a sudden he looked and sounded dejected. She had an idea as to why that was. It had to be Other Eero, but she could not voice her suspicions aloud lest she accidentally break her promise to Original Eero.

"Eero, are you OK?" Leona asked him. He refused to look at her for some reason. What had Other Eero said to crush Original Eero's self-esteem this time? Did Other Eero call the original useless? Or did he say something else that was equally damaging?

[Word Count: 234] [Total Word Count: 2,864]
    Elyon
    Elyon

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Elyon 25th August 2018, 6:20 am

Eero
    C-rank || Silver Wolf || 194 words || 3572 total
    Leona seemed to be worried about Eero. The boy just sighed and stood up. He would dust himself off, but some of the dirt still remained. He would have to do some laundry soon enough. "I'm fine, I'm fine." Eero would say, but he didn't sound extra convincing that he was 'fine'. "He wanted to take over. To win the spar." He would say, quietly. "To win me pride and place within the Guild." Eero would add afterwards and shake his head. "He would've hurt you. I didn't want that." The boy would try to explain what happened in his head.

He felt like he needed a break. And tea. Definitely some tea would be perfect right about now. "Sorry for ruining our spar like this." Eero would apologize to his guildmate. He honestly didn't expect his other self to encroach on his sanity like this. The boy would sigh. "I think I'm going to make me some tea to feel a little bit better. Want me to make you some aswell?" Eero would pass an offer to Leona for a nice cup of tea to forget the last part of the sparring match.
    NOTES
    I'm just glad I didn't hurt Leona.  -Eero
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 25th August 2018, 1:43 pm

Leona looked surprised at Eero's explanation. Other Eero wanted to take over to win prestige and a place in the guild? Why would he need to do that?

"You don't need to win a place in the guild, Eero. You already belong. I know it sounds corny, but hear me out." Leona said to him. She would try to cheer him up, even if what she said made sounded corny or made her sound like a cheerleader. Everyone needed a helping hand every once in awhile. Eero needed help right now.

"You climbed a tree to save Soho without batting an eye. I'm afraid of heights, so you've already done something that's hard for me." Leona started. She was telling him a weakness of hers, but she did not care. Other Eero might be able to exploit it if they fought, but she did not care. She would cross that bridge when it came.

"You're a better researcher than I am. It was all I could do to get through one book on the Cursed Lands. But for you, that kind of book is nothing. You've probably read books more advanced than that before you even joined the guild." Leona continued.

"But most of all, when push comes to shove you confront danger. You might be afraid, but you don't back down. You keep going and get through it." Leona finished her pep talk, such as it was. It likely sounded cheesy, but Leona laid it out for Eero. Maybe something she said would help him push back Other Eero and help him through Other Eero's trash talk.

[Word Count: 268] [Total Word Count: 3,132]
    Elyon
    Elyon

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Elyon 26th August 2018, 12:54 pm

Eero
    C-rank || Silver Wolf || 225 words || 0000 total
    Indeed, everything that Leona had said, sounded corny. While it was true that he had done all of the things she had mentioned, when it came to the territory of the research, the boy could only sigh. "I may be a better at reading books, but I have nothing to show for it. That's why I have been slowly shifting my research and possibly aim towards technology." Eero would say. He felt like the origins of magic research would have to be put on the back end, collecting information as it came by, instead of forcing it. "And I have to keep going. If I was held back by my fear of the artifact or my other self, I never would've left my innroom that I woke up in after I lost my memories." Eero would never forget the moment he realized that he couldn't remember anything, after he woke up in that bed.

The boy would shake his head. The only way he would ever feel completely at ease, would be when he would deal with with his other self and memories. But the task was quite daunting. "Don't worry, though. I'm fine. I will find my memories, one day." Eero would say, determined. "And I will deal with my other self. One way or another." The boy would nod. "So about that tea..?"
    NOTES
    I will find myself, one day.  -Eero
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 26th August 2018, 2:19 pm

It was just as she feared. Eero thought that everything she had said was corny. So much for a pep talk. No one could say that she did not give it a try. She had said everything she wanted to, so now it was up to Eero to pull himself out of the doldrums.

"OK. If you say you're fine, I won't push it. I'll let you figure it out." Leona told him.

"If you need help, I'll help the best I can." She quickly added. She recalled him asking about whether she wanted tea. She had forgotten to answer him earlier. He had given her a second chance, a chance which she was going to take.

"Tea? Oh, right! Sure!" Leona answered in the affirmative. She had never had tea before. She drank mostly water and the occasional cup of coffee, but she could not remember the last time she had coffee. Drinking tea would be a new experience for the blonde from the desert.

[Word Count: 166] [Total Word Count: 3,298]

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 9:42 pm