Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu

Lacey Botticelli

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Player 
    Lineage : Viktor's Descent
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 8575

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kiah Lake
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Empty A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu

Post by Lacey Botticelli 10th May 2017, 9:31 pm

A girl, her hair reminiscent of spun charcoal and her eyes a pair of disks reflecting a grounded sky, stood in front of a statuesque church.  Since it was quite a famous structure, built in Cedar as one of the very first buildings to have been erected in the town, Lacey had intended to visit before wrapping up her travels in that part of Fiore.  The nation was so much grander than she had expected; all that the country had to offer could not be visited in the short span of time she had scheduled to remain here.  On account of this fact, the young woman had recently devised for herself a plan to dilly dally around in the summer place of mages and guilds for a little while longer until she had finished her journeys here.  Part of the ice mage's missions, her actual intention when it had come to entering the nation in the first place, was to pursue the visitation of every church and sacred place she could find.  So had the female been led to Cedar Town.  Its local sanctuary was well known and also managed to live up to its fame, not disappointing Lacey in its simplistic yet elegant style of architecture.  Those who cared for the church were also friendly and had welcomed the raven haired young woman, finding her to be suitably curious about the place and its history.  She was indeed genuinely so and ended up spending over a week at the Cedar church in particular, working there alone and continuously pushing back her other trips until one day, a man wearing a rough burlap cloak approached her as she was leaving out of a back door.  He seemed anxious to talk to her, but Lacey quieted him with a few reassuring words about her having all the time in the world.  The two sat together on top of a stack of crates in the alley way behind the church.

"You require money, you say?" the female asked, her expression pensive as he explained that his wife had lost her voice but could be cured so long as he paid a price of at least two hundred thousand jewels.  This, he claimed, was only so high because of a vendetta that the would be caretakers held against his wife, brought on by her constant singing.  They had thought it tiresome and more irritating than a bird's chirping, he maintained, and Lacey decided to believe the stranger.  "I can come with you to talk to these. . . doctors," she told him, shedding her robes to reveal simple street clothes, leggings and a tunic, underneath.  "I would lend you the two hundred thousand, but unfortunately I lack money at the moment."  The blue eyed one let out a short sigh as she remembered exactly where the money had gone; a just cause, she supposed.  Finally, the means had brought the end which it had meant to carry on, but it had taken far more time and dedication than Lacey had expected.  This wasn't to introduce the concept that she wasn't willing to put in plenty of either.  However, it would have been nice to see her jewels and lodgings, every single last bit of both, not go to waste for the majority of the time she had originally given them up for.

Her eyes shone with unshed tears as she stared fiercely at the street urchin, fingers gripped tight but not in a harmful fashion around one bony wrist.  Golden brown pools like swirling pots of melted chocolate, gazed back impassively from a face concealed by smudges of dirt and an unreadable expression.

Something cracked in the young thief's eyes, and the wisp of a girl all of a sudden tried to jerk away.  Lacey held fast, both to the girl and to her emotions.  She kept those tears unspilled.

"Let go of me."

A rough voice, low and scratchy now but at one time, smooth and dark like honey.  She knew that voice, although the one which flowed into her ears had never been that unmarred tone and been heard to the ice mage.  She shuddered at the hoarse sound that was actually heard, as memories flooded her mind of another brunette with lion tawny eyes and a voice touched by an angel.

"Why?"

It wasn't in response to the slip of a girl's demand to be unhanded.  The angular face showed the gixie's understanding of that, too, as it lost all of its trepidation at the question and instead broke into a disgusted sneer.  "Why do you think?" she snarled, resuming her efforts to pull out of the mage's grasp even as she gestured with her fee hand to the squalor surrounding the two of them.  Deep in the gutters of the city, the two were practically wading in dirt and filth.  "Why do I steal?  To stay alive!  Are you so stupid that you can't realize not everyone has what they need in this world?  Not like you?"  It was rhetorical, but Lacey answered anyways.

"Maybe I am stupid," she said with a slow and thoughtful voice as she struggled to articulate herself in proper common language, "That doesn't change how I gave you money, clothes, and the key to my apartment plus directions on how to get there.  Why are you out here, stealing from the innocent?"  It was the dark headed girl's turn to gesture, to the woman standing barely two meters away, to her purple boa and jewel studded gloves that were so out of place here.  The woman seemed about ready to call for a Rune Knight, her eyes flitting back and forth between the two younglings standing in the streets.

"I don't take charity," came the response, fast and light and almost a derisive spit that was full of a certain emotion, present and swirling in suddenly burning hazel eyes.  "I've got my pride--"

"If your pride lets you steal at will from honest people, regardless of whether they have a need for those items," Lacey interrupted, catching the way the street girl eyed the kilos of gems strung around her would be target's neck, "Yet it won't let you accept gifts that were freely given. . ." she searched the girl's face for comprehension before finishing, "That isn't pride at all."  Her grip on the wraith of a girl's wrist loosened and then disappeared as the one with sky in her eyes dropped the arm and stepped one foot closer.  Somehow, the strange thief hadn't yet bolted despite her new, sought after freedom.  "My door is still open," she breathed, her exhales miniature gusts of winter wind that were cold even though the shadows of the hulking buildings against the setting sun had already chilled the atmosphere of the conversation and the skin of its participants.

"Don't steal," Lacey repeated before she finally retreated away from the end of the visible street, the exit to the small offside road.  "Keep safe.  May we meet again if it is willed," she said softly as the pickpocket fled.

When she was alone in the dark, no rays from the dimming sun lowering beneath the horizon, no brightness from the city lamps outside the narrow alley road, no rays of any kind to kiss her ivory cheeks, no illumination trickling in . . . when she thought she was absolutely out of sight, searshot, and mind, then she spoke in the quiestest voice.

"I'm here now, Fiore."  Are you ready?

The ice mage smiled; she couldn't possibly stay bitter at the little girl, whose name she had found out to be Sina.  Instead of attempting futilely to shift the blame for her own lack of funds to assist the strange man, the raven haired female bowed deeply to him.  "I will help you any way I am able to and work hard towards the purpose of saving your wife," she told him with a determined smile after she straightened back up.  The cloaked one appeared to be unsure of her words, hopefully not of their truthfulness but rather of whether she could actually be useful in any other way.  He finally spoke and said that he knew of a way to get money.  Some kind of tournament was taking place on an island-- Sphere Island, to be exact.  By competing and winning, one could certainly win money, but the man was interested in betting instead.  "I can't exactly condone gambling," the dark haired mage said with uncertainty, "But I do promise that I will give you all of the money that I win."  The man seemed excited at the prospect of her competing either way; she felt some doubts that he would actually hold to his promise of not placing any bets on her winning but ended up brushing them aside in favor of giving the stranger the benefit of the doubt.  There was a more important thing on hand, too.  "A partner?" she repeated after the cloaked one said he recommended that she find another unknown to pair with during the battle.  "It would be nice to depend upon someone to actually deal damage," she mused out loud a bit wryly, thinking of her own inability to wipe out enemies with the usage of enormous scale damaging abilities.  "Since you propose for me to find a fellow mage to compete with when I arrive on Sphere Island, I will do as you wish," Lacey told the client.  Now all that was left was to actually find someone.  "I guess putting out a job request would be the thing to do?" she asked herself out loud with no little hesitation.  The young woman wasn't really interested in hiring somebody, which was why she had a few misgivings about this situation.  "We'll see when we arrive," she finally decided.  Off to Sphere Island it was for her then.

1650/10000 Words~
    Italics & Georgia are a memory insert that you may ignore if it makes more sense to you that way~
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth God Slayer
    Second Skill: Light Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Empty Re: A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu

Post by redheadedstepchild 11th May 2017, 6:22 pm

New Job approval link
    https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t27653p600-sign-up-for-jobs?nid=1422#297621

(Rolling to figure out our first two fights.)

Last edited by Mashyuu Kumonosu on 7th June 2017, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 11th May 2017, 6:22 pm

The member 'Mashyuu Kumonosu' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Monster Dice' :
    A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu NormalMonster A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu NormalMonster

--------------------------------

#2 'Normal Dice' :
    A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_06_42164_sm A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_05_42162_sm
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 11th May 2017, 7:56 pm

The sun was rising on Sphere Island, the massive land mass had been used for various reasons but the center was set up to be used as a fighting tournament's host as its arena was the biggest in Fiore. The King of Fighters Tournament was a battle ground that had some of the best fighters in the world and it had been running for six years, this being its seventh. This year a small cluster of new fighters were coming in to try their hand at winning the amazing prize money but everyone had one massive challenge, the undefeated Phantom Knight. Rumor among the new fighters was that the man had never even had his armor cracked in battle let alone lose. But what the others didn't know, was that Mashyuu had entered the competition. The God Slayer had won the Road Fighters Tournament last year and one of the rewards for winning was a slot in the King of Fighters Tournament. However Mashyuu needed a manager to keep his winnings in order. Mashyuu had heard about the Jewelry of Champions and that was what his eye was set on. He had offered the old manager all the prize money he won if he managed to claim the magical item, that being said Mashyuu was also there for the simple experience he could earn in the battle.

Mashyuu sat on a large rock, strapping his bracers to his massive arms and flexing to make sure they were locked in place and comfortable. He had arrived a few days before and was carrying his gear around in a large bag. Satisfied that his bracers were locked in, Mashyuu pulled his black leather and metal covered gloves on while grinning ear to ear with a soft smile. "This is for you guys." Mashyuu muttered. He had mastered an attack that the best of the Road Fighters Tournament had been using and it was time to put it to the test. He got up and started to bounce around on his heels outside of the arena, his traditional brown gi flashed in a bright light and transformed into a black pair of pants, with matching well worn boots, a red tee shirt and a black vest over his back and chest. The brown haired Wizard twisted and looked up at the massive banner that ran along the barricade of the arena that welcomed the men and women who were about to enter the tournament. Mashyuu ran his hand through his shaggy hair and let his eyes flash with a glowing blue, a symbol that his deific merging was complete and his power had been increased a massive amount. Mashyuu stalked through the gates and looked around, already the arena was being filled, Itsu, Kenna (Mashyuu's usual partner and his lover respectively), Imai and Luna all members of the Sabertooth team The Olympians were sitting front row to cheer Mashyuu on in his battles. He didn't want to have them there but he had to admit that the God Slayer was glad to see them coming to something that meant a lot to him.

In the center of the stadium, a large combat ring was set up in the center to do battle in. A bald man in a black suit with matching sun glasses stood in the center of the ring and lifted a voice amplifying lacrima and spoke loudly so everyone in the competition could hear him. "Attention fighters! Will everyone come to the center of the ring to draw your lots in this tournament while I explain the rules. Ahem... This is a tournament style competition, each battle is a one on one fight that can be won by either killing, knocking out or forcing your foe to admit defeat. If you happen to knock your foe out of the ring and their feet touch the ground that is not the ring they will also lose. The last two fighters will then , upon request of the current champion, team up to face off against the Phantom Knight! Now lets see how the fights are going to break down." The announcer explained as each member of the tournament. "Oh my! In the first round Mashyuu is going to be battling the powerful three headed Sabertooth Tiger! Can the first new champion of the Road Fighters Tournament best the supreme hunter of the Jungle and survive his Tri Tiger Claw? Please clear the ring and we will find out!" The televisions that were set up in the walls of the arena flashed a bracket to show who was fighting who in the first round, and let those who were higher up see the battles up close. The arena was cleared out with only the announcer standing in the ring.

Strange jazz music started to play in the arena and the announcer spoke. "Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome to the arena the premier hunter of the Jungle! Tri Tiger!" He waved his hand to the ramp of the ring where the three headed monster came from the fighters lounge and strutted to the center of the ring and took a few paces back to stand and wait for his foe. A violin started to play as Tri Tiger's music started to fade out. From the lounge Mashyuu emerged with arms spread wide to soak in the sound of the crowd, some cheered but for now most remained silent. Mashyuu knew that by the time the battles were over he would be the most cheered man in the tournament. Mashyuu stood across from the massive tiger as the announcer stated they could start the fight!

Tri Tiger crouched low and flexed while Mashyuu slowly slipped into his mountain stance, his legs spread and his weight shifted so that it was all placed on his feet. His arms wide and ready for combat while his foe, Tri Tiger pounced. Mashyuu let the beast barrel into him with its shoulder to try to knock the Wizard to his back but Mashyuu stood strong and Tri Tiger bounced off him like a small rock crashing into a steel wall. Tri Tiger bounced and raced back and around the arena while picking up speed rapidly. Mashyuu kept his eyes closed and felt the vibrations in the ring, the monster like fighters paws vibrating the ground to tell Mashyuu where the fighter was at all times. Don't use your magic against this guy. Keep the others wondering what it actually is that you have up your sleeve. Mashyuu thought to himself while Tri Tiger sprang at Mashyuu with claws extended to slash past the God Slayer. The God Slayer lifted his arm up and used his bracer to deflect the claw slash as Tri Tiger went for the throat of Mashyuu. It was Mashyuu's turn now to do battle and make his move. As Tri Tiger whipped past the man, Mashyuu reached out and grabbed the tail of Tri Tiger and flexed, his massive arm bulged as he twisted and yanked, hurling Tri Tiger over his shoulder to slam him into the ground of the arena cracking the stone from the impact of the blow. Before Tri Tiger could react and recover, Mashyuu threw his leg backwards and then kicked Tri Tiger in one of his three faces, sending Tri Tiger into a roll away from the Wizard.

Mashyuu darted forward to give chase to the recovering Tri Tiger, who pulled his hands front paws up and deflected Mashyuu's closed fisted punch, the metal on his gloves clanging against the sharp claws of Tri Tiger. One of Tri Tiger's heads reached out and bit down on Mashyuu's wrist, pulling him forward so that Tri Tiger could bite at Mashyuu's throat. The God Slayer countered by pulling his free arms right elbow up and driving the point of his elbow into the top of Tri Tigers attacking head, dazing the beast and causing it to release Mashyuu while it writhed in pain. Mashyuu pulled his arm back and looked at his arm, the Tigers bottom teeth ripped into the part of his arm where the flesh wasn't protected. The God Slayer snarled and considered using one of his abilities to heal but decided a ring out win would do him just fine, deciding to end the battle as soon as possible.

With a single fluid motion, Mashyuu put his enhanced abilities to work, jumping to the flank of Tri Tiger while pulling his left arm back and opening his palm while his blue eyes took aim. At the very moment his booted feet touched down, Mashyuu thrust his palm forward and drove it into the bridge of his foes left faced nose, breaking the bone and forcing Tri Tiger to go sailing out of the ring to crash hard into the grass of the field surrounding the battle ring. There was a silent hush that fell over the arena as Mashyuu stood proud in the center, watching the Tri Tiger struggle to stand. Mashyuu had never been the type to kill and it was showing now, but even now he knew he would possibly end up having to kill someone who was stronger than Tri Tiger.

WC: 1541
    Lacey Botticelli

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lacey Botticelli 12th May 2017, 6:09 pm

Although the journey to the port, along with that of the ship itself, had taken her a couple of sleepless nights and their accompanying days, Lacey Botticelli had finally made it to Sphere Island.  Wrought across her expression was a semblance of concern, clear as glass to see despite her best efforts to remain neutral faced.  The raven haired mage stepped lightly across the cobblestoned streets, her furred mantle flying out behind her.  Her steps were hurried and quick as her low heeled boots, reaching barely up to her ankles, pattered across the rocky road.  The arena was her goal; the man from before had mentioned a large stadium like place, near the center of the island.  That seemed to be accurate insofar, but the fact remained that it was a largely unhelpful statement for anyone who actually wanted to get to some place.  Keeping of course in mind-- that was, the fact that he was probably under a lot of stress with an ill wife-- Lacey tried her best not to become exasperated with the man for giving such obscure directions on how to reach the stadium where the tournament was taking place.  Instead, she dropped that fact and focused on how now, having been wandering around Sphere Island for quite some time after arrival, she would discover the location of the competition.  The precise location, something akin to a street address.  First on the list of suggestions her brain had conjured was to ask around.  Since such a task was simple enough, Lacey jumped in right away and tapped a stranger on the shoulder as politely as she could possibly manage.  "Hello sir?  Sir. . . ?  Yes, I'm so very sorry for interrupting you. . . no, it was nothing important.  I apologize sir, it was genuinely not my intention to disturb you," the ebony haired mage flinched as the stranger rudely told her off for bothering another person without reason.

What other viable options are there? the azure eyed young woman wondered, her face taking on a pensive look.  Perhaps she ought to just wander around the streets-- yes, that seemed like a decent idea.  It wasn't as though Lacey had made any additional progress by reaching out to these citizens of the island; they were all very busy people, even if she was reassured inside of their kindness and willingness to help others.  Tucking a lock of charcoal colored hair behind her left ear, the girl swung her head around.  The snowflake and flag scarf that was wrapped cozily around her neck managed to stay neatly folded and swirled around her neck.  The same could not be said for her heavy fleece and wool coat, which was not exactly necessary on this island anyways.  Here in Fiore, the only benefit of wearing such garments was the comfort and warmth that reminded her of Iceberg, because strangely enough the freezing and snowy nation's inhabitants always remembered to dress extra warmly.  Lacey had in fact been encouraged by a roommate of hers, from Talonia, to wear shorts and a T-shirt only to go out into town and bustle around sightseeing.  Although skeptical, the raven haired mage had allowed herself to be convinced that it would be more freeing and allow greater possibility of roaming around to view the sights.  This had not had a particularly positive ending; the young woman had swiftly become chilled due to the minor but still present breezes that blew all around the mages' country.  To somebody who was accustomed to wearing thick and multiple layers, it felt like an enormous gale; such feelings were only exaggerated by the fact that Lacey was especially sensitive to the heat despite her ice magic.  That was the only cold she was immune to the touch of even if her threshold for feeling half frozen inside was higher than most peoples' simply as a previous citizen of Iceberg.

Lacey reached down on both sides of her body and patted her coat against her legs, flattening out the fabric that had swooshed all around as the female had taken her cursory spin of the area.  At the same time, her eyes swept over the scenery surrounding her.  The temptation to let them flit about and dart from person to person was indeed very strong, but she restrained herself if only for the purpose of not spooking any of her fellow human beings who were wandering about the streets that day.  Might as well take a guess and just go whichever way seems to fit best, she finally stated decidedly in her head, and the ice mage strode confidently enough to her left.  In the end, that had been a reasonably good decision.  It had not led her on a direct path to the stadium, but since the streets were interconnected and woven together in a complicated but very much ever flowing web, it was nearly impossible not to find something if one just kept moving.  Certainly, at least, it seemed this way in Lacey's case.  Within a certain extended period of time, during which not a single moment was wasted even if as a whole it could be labelled a rather dreary and boring bout of searching, the raven haired female could be seen standing in front of the rectangular ring, what an oxymoron, which was surrounded by bleachers of roaring bystanders.  She bowed lightly as she brushed past people in an attempt to enter, which was quickly thwarted by security who questioned why she was there.  Combined with her failure to produce either a ticket or money to buy one, the mage was hardly in a very good position before a raspy voice interrupted her exchange with the security detail.  It was the cloaked stranger; he only had to say something about her being a fighter, herself, and nicely registered at that, before the girl received a bracelet with a number looped through a bored hole in the hard plastic in addition to a schedule of the fights.  She appeared to be second; it was another miracle that she was not late.  Her blue eyes came to rest on the dark haired man who was standing victoriously in the center of the applicable field to battle in.  If he had used any magic to send his feline opponent flying out of the ring, there was no sign of it and the girl was out of luck in this instance for that scouting out the competition half-plan she had formed in her head.

"It seems that Mashyuu has won by knocking their opponent out of the ring!  Congratulations, sir, you advance to the second round of fighting!  A few people have offered to go aftewards because a certain contestant is just itching to go now. Next up, we have a certain young lady who I hear came all the way from mainland Iceberg to fight in the competition.  I guess we'll just have to excuse her for being a little late.  Ladies and gentleman, please welcome miss Lavinia Botticelli!"  The pale female stumbled into the open area, the ground surrounding the raised and roped off platform that was technically the proper fighting grounds.  She blinked in surprise as she realized that, indeed, she had made it in the nick of time; furthermore, what caught Lacey's attention was the blatant use of her full and proper name to all of these people.  There would obviously be no pseudonym usage here, although she was hardly the type to give a false identity anyways.  Then the announcer was clearing his throat and the girl straightened up quickly before bowing in his direction and once again stiffening in a manner slightly reminiscent to an offended frog.  She wasn't, not really, but the mage was unfamiliar with being pushed into the limelight.  Reluctantly she hopped onto the arena and studied her opponent to-be-- that was, her actual opponent, since it seemed the match was starting.  It, or rather he or she, was some kind of feline except winged to boot, with an enormous body and slightly rounded and pearl-ascent claws.  Lacey noted that there were only four on each paw, which was equally quadra-fingered if that was a word, she liked making up phrases anyhow, so that was a blessing.  Many animals had more than four.  Interrupting her thoughts, though, was that enormous orangey spotted cat leaping at her face and attempting to slash out her eyes with its claws.  Right for lethal blows then, she mused as the ebony haired young woman tilted her head barely to the right, only enough for the cat to avoid her face.  If it hadn't had so much momentum the female would not have even attempted such a nonchalant dodge, since adjusting one's direction of force was quite easy when it came to magic assisted combat.  Especially, that was, considering how this creature had wings.

"I propose we forgo any usage of magic and stick to our . . . in your case, claws, and in mine, I have this staff.  Both may use anything pertaining to physical combat or brute strength,"  The sky eyed mage told her enemy with as much civility as she could manage while stonily dodging the clawing and ripping attacks that came her way.  The peppering kind of onslaught wasn't horrible to deal with; she hadn't taken the offensive yet and nor had she broken out any weapons or other possessions that were very useful in a fight.  Pure melee and physical combat was one hundred percent not her style.  Lacey was still confident that it was a better option than having to freeze this cat into a popsicle and bash it up until the poor animal was scattered into frozen chunks and very much torn to pieces once it defroze.  Thankfully for both sides, the feline seemed to agree to her.  Unfortunately for the human side of the battle, though, the panther hybrid apparently was not of the opinion that genetically engineered wings counted as magical, so she would have to deal with that.  What followed almost seemed to be a figurative as well as a literal cat fight on the fiery colored creature's part, with much scratching to an equally great degree.  She would actually call it the utmost degree, an expression that Lacey rarely was willing to use; she preferred not to label things so extreme on the spectrum of relativity.  The point was, it was rather brutal to watch since it seemed she was taking a great deal of damage, but the cat was only scratching at the thin layer of ice, almost like her Verglas but not quite, which coated the surface of her skin.  The mage didn't quite know how to fight back, but combined with her dodging, all of her defensive capabilities didn't even seem vaguely magical at all.  Finally tiring of the dance which she had not even enjoyed in the first place, Lacey struck back with a fierceness that came from her desire to get the money to fund the cloaked stranger's medicine that he required to save his love's life.  Breaking through the cat's meager defense, as it had been so focused on attacking that such had been neglected, the mage drove the widest part of her staff into the feline's stomach.  If any blood was shed, it was a fair little amount, because the point was to wind the enemy.  So happened, and the female afterwards clubbed it on the head; not to bash in the brains or cause any lasting damage, but only to knock out the creature.  "Aaaand that's a wrap, folks!  After a brutal and long lasting battle, Lavinia Botticelli has won!  Our second round will begin soon and up we have . . ." she barely heard any more of it.  Even the sound of her painfully long and complicated name didn't jar the female as she strode back into the shadows, trying to hide among the crowd that lingered at the edges of the arena.

3627/10000 Words~

Last edited by Lacey Botticelli on 13th May 2017, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lacey Botticelli

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lacey Botticelli 13th May 2017, 12:36 pm

Rolls
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 13th May 2017, 12:36 pm

The member 'Lacey Botticelli' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Monster Dice' :
    A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu NormalMonster A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu WeakMonster

#2 'Normal Dice' :
    A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_03_42160_sm A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_03_42160_sm
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 14th May 2017, 5:52 pm

Mashyuu sat in the back of the waiting room for fighters, his glowing blue eyes watched each battle intently, seeking to learn as much as he could from every fighter to better prepare for what was lying ahead of him. A few people caught his attention but two stood out. A Wizard who used ice magic and a staff and that man in armor. As the champion he only had to deal with one fight, the final one. This meant he would be fresh no matter what. More importantly, he had won so many battles that the Tournament runners no longer bothered to waste his time with combat that he would surely win. Mashyuu was hell bent on changing that. He would battle once, win and never return, leaving everyone to wonder what happened to him, seek him out and learn from the God Slayer if at all possible. After a strangely short time the fighters had finished their first rounds of combat and the victors were placed one rung higher on the bracket for all to see. "Well... Looks like I'm up again." Mashyuu said to nobody in particular as he stood from his bench seat and started to make his way to the ramp that led to the combat ring once again. This time he was met with some applause, after the quick display he gave to defeat Tri Tiger some folks were gaining respect for the Wizard. The announcer was about to introduce the next fighter when Mashyuu decided to play to the crowd a little and grabbed the voice lacrima from the mans hand and spoke into it. "We all know my next foe is a Dragon. So fly on out here so I can do what I was meant to do. Slay you. I'm Mashyuu, the Earth God Slayer and the Light Dragon Slayer.
    You don't stand a chance against me!"
    Mashyuu shouted and took up a defensive stance to get ready for combat. Surely his boastful words had drawn the ire of his Draconic foe.

There was a long silence in the air, everyone waited with baited breath to see if Mashyuu's foe would show himself after being called out by such a Wizard. Do you really think it was wise to tell everyone the kind of magic you use like that Mashyuu? The Goddess that had bonded with Mashyuu's soul asked him mentally. Mashyuu shrugged and thought about it for a moment. They will all know eventually, plus it's not like they know how my spells will work just by knowing I use earth and light magic. Traditionally only wind slayers use healing magic. Not me though I use healing magic with both types of power. Mashyuu sniffed the air and his scowl curled into a grin, he could sense the Dragon coming, hear the faint beat of its wings as it dove down from the sky. It's black body floated while its wings beat in time with Mashyuu's heart beat. "You dare challenge me Dragon Slayer? This will be your last battle." It warned the Wizard who simply lifted his left hand and let his magical power focus in his arm. The thing would see what Mashyuu was truly made of soon enough. "Umm okay then. The combatants are set, ready? Second round of the King of Fighters Tournament- Mashyuu vs. Black Bolt! Go!" The Announcer cried out and jumped out of the ring to call the action as Mashyuu and the Dragon started their fight. The Wizard swiftly slipped into his Mountain Stance and clenched his fist as Black Bolt opened his mouth and released a blast of electricity that smashed into Mashyuu's bracer, its magical effect kicking in to reduce the damage the electrical blast would have done to the God Slayer.

The Dragon Snarled at the same time the crowd cheered from the first exchange between the two. It was Mashyuu's turn. In a rapid moving dash forward, Mashyuu swept up under the monsters beating wings and sprung up, driving his closed fist into the dragons long torso to knock it higher into the air and leave a massive fist shaped bruise on its dark flesh. Mashyuu landed on his knee and a foot in a crouched position. The Dragon was knocked high into the air and spread his wings wide to catch himself in the air and started to fly around the ring, sweeping in lower in order to become level with Mashyuu as it planned out its next move. The Dragons body started to spark violently while Mashyuu took deep breaths of air in and out so he could focus on the battle, remaining calm and collected. "Okay, just gonna use this one thing my Father left me. Quick Silver...." Mashyuu whispered and his body became wrapped in a flexible metal to protect him from harm. The Dragon, at the same time charged Mashyuu and hit him with a sparking tackle that would have knocked out many men but thanks to Mashyuu's quick silver ability from his fathers old clothes, the spells effect was pushed back on the Dragon and bounced it off the ground and back into the air from the impact of the strike. Again Mashyuu grinned and jumped up, his left hand reaching out to grab the dragon by the tail and drag it back down. When Mashyuu's feet touched ground he started to spin, swinging the black beast by the tail round and round, faster and faster. Again Mashyuu was trying to go for a ring out win and he released the dragon mid swing, hurling it out of the ring and into the field. As he stopped to see if the Dragon would hit the grass or the wall of the arena he sighed when it once again caught itself mid flight. "It's gonna be that kind of battle then.... So be it."

The Dragon inhaled as it flew at Mashyuu again and unleashed a dragons roar, this time sound ripping from its lungs in a wave that pierced Mashyuu's ears, his sharp hearing being a burden this time. Mashyuu fell to his knees as blood seeped from his ears and the Dragon smashed into him again. It took a reflective impact but managed to knock Mashyuu over in the process. The Dragons strange tooth like talons hooked into Mashyuu and it took off into the air, flying high with him then it started to dive bomb down to the ground. Mashyuu chuckled and right before both hit the ground he exploded and changed to a cloud of sand. In the confusion the dragon forgot to pull up and smashed into the ground hard, knocking itself out in the process. Mashyuu reformed into his human form at its side and raised his hand in victory, the crowd cheering the quick display of earth magic as he was announced the winner and walked off stage.

WC: 1161
    Total: 2702
    Lacey Botticelli

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lacey Botticelli 16th May 2017, 7:09 pm

Her gait was smooth and easy in the process of striding out of the shadows and edges and into the clear viewing light. Only a brief moment of pause hung in the air as the crowd all simultaneously focused in on her as raven hair brilliantly hit the light at just the right angle-- then the moment was lost and the announcer forced a wide smile and a laugh. "Here comes second participant in this final pairing of the round, and boy are we ready for some intense fighting! Maybe she'll connive in another weapons battle for us, eh? Welcome to the stage you two! Lavinia Botticelli versus . . . Morriopoqielter?" an awkward silence fell upon the stadium as the man stumbled to correctly pronounce the name.

The ice mage rubbed her hands together as sympathy for the poor speaker flashed through her momentarily before continuing to the misnamed one himself. Neither probably appreciated her pity, no matter how subtle she tried to make it, for both immediately turned to Lacey as soon as her fidgeting happened. Their challenging looks persuaded the female to quit wringing her hands; instead, she dropped her arms to her sides, the staff held loosely in her right hand and her chin brought up. She stared sharply at her opponent, who immediately looked away. That was a fairly awkward gesture to complete without it being blindingly obvious on account of the clunky and bright outfit he wore. It was almost like a space suit, except with such vibrant coats of paint that the entire ensemble resembled more of a child's toy than actual fit fighting gear. To judge a book by the cover, or rather an opponent by his appearance, was not exactly proper decorum nor a wise decision; Lacey recalled this at that moment and therefore braked that train of thought on its rail before it could ramble out of control. She only had to win this fight, and it would be on to what . . . the third round? Better not get ahead of herself here. A deep breath rattled into her lungs as the girl inhaled, her right arm simultaneously swinging back as her fingers gripped tightly around the shaft of her staff. Bounding out of her vision was her opponent, that on named . . . she would simply call him Poq in her mind and hope that there would be no case of offense should she state the nickname or full one out loud.

Now the battle was getting started as Poq dashed towards her, rockets flipping out from his heels and propelling him forward with a leftover trail of smoke. This time though, unlike just his boots dragging in the sandy ground from earlier, the smoke was so billowy and thick: dark charcoal against the paleness of the landscape's background. Lacey coughed as the ash crept into her windpipe and down into her lungs, probably blackening them at least temporarily until if she died in that moment they would resemble a smoker's. The ice mage pulled her left hand over to wrap around the staff and deepened her stance to make it much more stable. Nobody knew yet that she used Special Snowflake Magic or really, anything related to ice. Although she felt like it might be prudent to keep things that way, the female would acknowledge the fact that such a feat was not possible for long in a tournament like this. However, at least judging by the fact that this opponent had not managed to size her up yet and make any move to attack or prepare a defense, she could maybe squeeze by this time still not giving up any of her . . . her moves. That was an apt enough description. Lacey readied herself in case the man finally decided to do something to get this fight even more rolling-- that was, aside from slowing down in running pace as his stamina began to run out, despite the act being bolstered by the rocket like flipper boots he wore. Speaking of which, she felt the smoke thin inside of her chest: a disconcerting act but not an unpleasant one as smoke was exhaled from her nostrils. Now she felt even more empowered to fight, even if combat wasn't exactly her style anyways.

"Ready?" she asked with a small smile, her head tilting slightly to the left as she flashed her gleaming teeth at Poq in a friendly enough way. At least, it was meant to be friendly-- he seemed to dislike the action. Immediately following her attempt to break the ice, as if doing so was necessary, he charged and on top of his head popped out a miniature cannon, firing bursts of plasma. Magma, perhaps they were; either way, she was uninterested in being hit by such. Killing her opponents was most certainly not on the ice mage's agenda for this competition, but she definitely couldn't just go ahead and let herself be an easy target either. Twirling the staff in a way that looked difficult to follow and perform despite its intrinsic simplicity, Lacey swept the wooden rod underneath the man's feet. Surprisingly, it worked rather well; despite all of the metallic armor and bright technology he possessed, Poq had an oddly poor sense of balance, this fact was made clear by her tentative attempt. Down he went, and in falling he hit his head on the ground of the arena with a loud clang that resounded through the surrounding area. Well, that was one way to win a fight, she accepted. The beauty of less experienced opponents?

4565/10000 Words~
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 16th May 2017, 7:09 pm

#1 'Monster Dice' :
    A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu NormalMonster A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu StrongMonster

#2 'Normal Dice' :
    A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_01_42158_sm A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_01_42158_sm
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 17th May 2017, 9:03 pm

It was time for the third round and Mashyuu was starting to wonder if the brackets were even getting smaller. It was starting to feel like he would be fighting for a few days and in fact the sun had started to set on the arena, promising that the fourth, fifth and sixth rounds of the tournament would take place the next day. At least with that sort of time frame Mashyuu could get to know some of the others and maybe even find a weakness in their tactics. Mashyuu stepped up to the arena and entered the combat zone, the announcer on the edge explaining to everyone who the two combatants had defeated to even make it to the third and final round of the night. From the back of the stage Mashyuu could feel the ground tremble as four paws carried a large beast with midnight black flesh, the head of a massive dog and a large horn coming off its back, partially hidden by a mane of fine blonde fur step out. The monster roared and Mashyuu glared at the announcer. "Why did you let monsters fight in thsi thing again?" He asked annoyed while he fell into a braced stance. His blue eyes narrowed and his fingers flexed while the monster charged into the ring and continued to run right at Mashyuu. He was likely going to have to actually use some magic against this thing because he didn't want to get impaled by the monsters horn. Mashyuu took a half step back then ran forward, placing his foot up into the air to step on the horn of the beast and run up it. The beast roared with annoyed anger and thrashed about while Mashyuu came down off its back only to get caught by the tail of the beast hard. It's powerful tail smashed into Mashyuu's side, knocking him aside like a rag doll. The Wizard hit the tile ground of the arena and rolled to his feet, sprang out on his heels and brought his arms down in an X shape to force the beasts sharp horn down with his bracers. Using great strength the beast threw its front paws up and drug them down Mashyuu's shoulders, sharp claws dug through Mashyuu's flesh and cut him deep. The crowd cheered loudly and the God Slayer threw his leg up, driving his foot into the face of the massive monster that was twice Mashyuu's size. The beast stumbled back a few paces and started to stalk Mashyuu, its eyes never leaving the Wizards now that it had the mans scent of blood. "This thing isn't going to stop until one of us are dead. Poor thing, I don't even know how it's managed to stay calm this long." Mashyuu muttered.

Deciding to keep pace with the beast in order to try and freak it out he started to pace along with it, his eyes locked on its while he drew strength from the earth around him and the cuts on his arms started to seal shut, leaving only thin lines of dried blood on his powerful arms. He was going to kill this thing if needed but not with anything to powerful yet. The monster roared and broke into a charge. Mashyuu pushed both his hands forward, as if he were pushing on solid air. "Earth Gods Combo: Part One!" Three pillars of stone raised up out of the ground and smashed into the monster head first, catching the beast off guard and knocking it backwards. The moment Mashyuu's spell connected he dropped to a knee, hand pressed to the floor. "Earth Gods Combo: Part Two!" The ground under the beast split open and swallowed the monster until only its head was above ground. Suddenly the ring closed around the beast and started to crush it. Mashyuu pulled his arm that was on the ground backwards and let sand explode out of his forearm and curve into a solid blade. "Earth Gods Combo: Part Three!" He shouted and charged forward. In a single movement the Slayer had crossed paths with the black skinned monster and dragged the blade of sand across the face of the beast. Then the ground spit the monster up out of the trap. It slowly got up as Mashyuu turned to face the monster with an impressed look on his face. Even with skin dehydrating and falling off its body the monster didn't seem to care about the pain and only wanted to end the Wizards life. Again it roared and this time a large fin stood up off its body, it raced forward and sprang up on only its hind legs, its forearms slashing through the air to create waves of slices that rippled towards Mashyuu. In response Mashyuu winced and brought his arms up to absorb a portion of the blasts, feeling the pain of the monsters attack that dug into his body. The beast was strong and had a great deal of speed but he knew how to slow it down. "Earth Gods Basilisk Wall!" He shouted, before him a massive wall, longer than the combat stage exploded up. On one side of the wall, three heads of stone that looked like dogs glared down at the monster and froze its legs to the floor.

Shocked, the crowd exploded into cheers when the monster was suddenly stopped and a wall cut the pair of fighters off from one another. Mashyuu bent his knees and jumped as high as he could, straight over the wall and came down atop the monsters fin, forcing it down to the ground in an awkward position. Mashyuu rolled to the monsters side, grabbed its tail and started to pull as hard as he could. "This is going to hurt!" He shouted. The God Slayer winced and tugged while grunting. Bones snapped and bent while Mashyuu pulled, muscle and flesh ripped and the God Slayer stumbled forward, pulling the tail straight off the beast. It screamed with the pain that shot through is body but was unable to move as Mashyuu had used his stone wall to pin the beast in place. Mashyuu turned around and lifted the bleeding tail up above his head. He leaned and threw his body into the swinging of the tail, striking the monster on the crown of its head hard enough to cause its eyes to roll into the back of its head. The monster was still alive and trying to free itself, in response Mashyuu took a step back and extended his left arm forward. A magical spider web like bow formed in his hand. He pulled a bowstring of magic back and a large arrow formed between his fingers. He took aim at the beast that was half out cold on the ground. "Sniper Elite!" He called out and released the arrow. It dug deep into the head of the monster then exploded, destroying part of the ring and the wall along with the monsters head in one shot. Mashyuu took a deep breath and looked at the announcer who proclaimed the Wizard as the winner of the bout. The God Slayer grinned and walked towards the backstage area to watch the last of the third round fights.

WC: 1221
    Total: 3923
    Lacey Botticelli

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lacey Botticelli 19th May 2017, 10:09 pm

Violently red eyes gazed at her while Lacey was once again stepping onto the raised rectangle that served as their arena.  The unerring gaze somehow left the ice mage with the impression that the fighting space was much smaller than it should seem to all others; the meters between her and this next opponent were nowhere near enough.  Her fingers wrapped and re-wrapped themselves more tightly around her staff as the female regarded the lanky man who stood on the far side of the platform.  Despite the burning sun that had lingered overhead for such a great deal of the fighting earlier on, now the atmosphere had almost a chill to it.  That was probably a relief for the man-- she knew the cool air was preferable for herself also-- because of his attire.  With sleeves and suit the color of her ebony hair and a form that was covered to every inch aside from his face, the tanuki could not help but feel like he was dying during the morning and afternoon fights.  It would be to her personal advantage to fight when it was colder, but the fact would be beneficial to her opponent as well, it seemed.  Lacey had quite mixed feelings on that, but she constrained them from being outwardly displayed as she finally stood steady on the smooth battle ground.  "My name is Lacey," she called out amiably, and the mop of blonde hair jerked up as the vibrant bloodred eyes studied her once again, having fallen to size up her body and its potentials.  "Charmed, I'm sure," came a smooth response as the man bowed but did not give his name.  The gesture was returned in kind as the announcer waited with an impatient expression for them to finish with these unnecessary pleasantries.  He would introduce them both to the crowd, anyways.  "Last fight of the third round here folks, and that'll be all for today!  This one's gonna be great!  We have up Nystrom and Lavinia Botticelli, ready . . . set . . . go!" he shouted before leaping off the platform and fleeing to watch safely from a first row seat in the bleachers, as was typical of him.

Nystrom.  There would be plenty of time to debate upon later just why that name felt familiar to Lacey; for now, she found herself immediately immersed within the mindset of battle.  Blond hair swept away from his forehead as the man charged at her with a surprisingly amount of grace: he was agile, like a cat.  She found herself with the need to hurtle her body to the right only to avoid the first strike he sent flying, his movement executed with a certain ease that certainly put the ice mage at unease.  Promptly after noting that she had temporarily lost control of her body, he lashed out with a kick aimed towards her torso.  If it hit, her ribs would probably crack to take the brunt of the impact.  Because she had no mobility while still half suspended and falling towards the ground, Lacey was forced to finally use the ice magic she had put off of for so long.  Thrusting her palm out towards the incoming limb and its red plated shin guard, she conjured a thin layer of ice over her hand that both increased the surface area and made it more perfectly flat, almost as though she had a piece of thick paper stuck to her palm.  "Verglas ice shatters under every occasion," she said in a voice like honey flecked with lethal steel or ice shards, "But it protects."  The kick seemed to sink into the newly increased surface area and the impact occurred in almost slow motion.  Then the world exploded with the contact point as the focal of the shock wave that seemed to resonate through the entire arena and from there, maybe the land itself.  As the ice shattered and the crowd gaped at the sudden revelation of what kind of magic the female used-- although her hailing from Iceberg probably clued a few people in already-- Lacey took advantage of her opponent's surprise and yanked her staff up from where it had fallen a few meters away when she had let go of everything to avoid his first attack.  When everything seemed to be in order, she stood low to the ground enough distance away from Nystrom that she would be able to see should he make any sudden or hostile moves.

The ice mage of course expected every move to be hostile.  She was not disappointed when he came rushing towards her once again at an uncanny speed, as though he were sprinting and flying across the ground.  The blink of an eye which encompassed the required time was more than that of a flat out teleport; this was to the young woman's advantage, because she possessed a true teleport.  "Blink is an ironic name," she murmured as Nystrom flashed past her and she dissipated into flakes of ice, reforming approximately ten meters away.  Her raven hair blew around her head and flapped against her eyes and cheeks as if there were a sudden gale conjured by her usage of the movement spell.  "Come on then, Nystrom-san," she breathed as her right hand spun the staff around and around.  The blond man was not discouraged and immediately leaped towards her, his red greaves flashing and reflecting the sunlight.  Rays reached her pupils and temporarily blinded the mage, but she squeezed her eyes shut and fled to the far side of the arena until her sight was regained.  "Nystrom.  Are you by chance related to someone I might know?" she wondered out loud as her sky blue eyes studied her opponent.  His breathing mimicked hers: not quite heavy at all, but far from the light affair it had been at the beginning of their bout.  His expression became puzzled with a furrowed brow at her direct but somehow vague question.  "I daresay Lady, I shouldn't know any whom you are acquainted with," he claimed and her mind flashed back to his "Charmed" from earlier.  What a formal and altogether prickly young man, was her only real impression, and the girl turned her attention back to the physical part of this fight rather than attempting to scrounge up past memories and those she was slightly familiar with or had been introduced to.

She thought it was about time for her to land a strike or two, because although the ebony headed mage had managed to tire Nystrom to a certain extent there was no actual physical damage being done to either of them.  Magical damage had not been taken either, for that matter, aside from Lacey's shield health being shattered to oblivion until her next calling of the spell.  "Empyrean Freeze," she laughed out as a cold wind swept up around the stadium and carried her words in a dance up on a breeze into the heavens.  Her fellow fighter seemed at least a bit unnerved by this odd behavior, because immediately following the phrase that was said nothing at all happened out of ordinary.  The two sized each other up a bit more and engaged in a completely melee and non-magical bout of combat in which Lacey traded a bruise on her thigh for several whacks of her staff on Nystrom.  It was a rather good trade, she did reflect.  Now he was even more fatigued than before; his movements were still more precise than she could probably ever hope to make them and the blond man was clearly trained in stamina and technique, but now came the real cincher.  The . . . Empyrean Freeze.  Sweeping from seemingly out of nowhere, a wind that felt like a burn it was so frigidly cold, wrapped itself around Lacey and then spread out around her.  The martial arts master found his muscles seizing up and his red gauntlets became covered with a thin veneer of frost that almost looked like verglas, ironically enough.  His heartbeat seemed to slow; this was where being a mage based on physical attacks came as a disadvantage, when there was a magic that worked on something besides pure power.  He could still move, but everything was significantly lower . . . now came Lacey with her trusty staff, first jabbing it into his chest and winding the fighter until he could barely breathe on account of the cold and the hit.  

She immediately afterwards leaned down so close that he would later swear he could see clouds in the cerulean blue of her eyes and asked, "Where do I know the name Nystrom from?" before his world went dark and she bit her lip in disappointment.  There were many who were never built for the cold, and it may be cruel to leave them to suffer.  Sparing not another moment to think it over, she wound up and struck the young man solidly on the jaw almost like an uppercut except hopefully not very painful at all.  The ice should have numbed most of everything, anyways.  The last strike managed to knock him out, as confirmed by the announcer-- right after the bellowing but almost floundering man confirmed that Lacey was the victor, she reached down with fingers that felt like bars of steel that had been buried in an icebox underneath an arctic sea.  "Bitter Cold that heals but harms in spirit," she said quietly as her flesh brushed against the man's chest and then his jaw, his head, and his everything that she had caused injury to.  "I'm glad he's unconscious.  It would have hurt," the mage muttered before striding away.  There was plenty more to be done for tonight.  Mostly, she had to find a place to stay; it was likely that the tournament directors might have procured a hotel or even just reserved an area to camp out on, but she preferred to find her own lodgings.  That did not mean, however, she was opposed to a bit of socializing or a meet and greet with other competitors.  Lacey was, after all, human.  At this thought, the furred ears underneath her winter hat twitched, and she shrugged inwardly.  For the most part, that was.

6274/10000 Words~ That's only what, the third round? >.>
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 21st May 2017, 5:41 pm

Mashyuu watched every fight intently, his eyes narrowed on each and every move, studying any and every attack, defense and spell cast. Whatever edge he could get he would take. The last fight he was in forced him to use more of his magic than he wanted to show but he still had plenty of tricks up his sleeve over all. Then Lacey stepped up to battle, taking on a lanky man. Her ice skills were sharp and as strange as it sounded, Ice was a form of magic that he hadn't seen used often. Only in fact by his ex wife and that was only sometimes as her magic was actually Water but it was sometimes frozen. This woman though seemed to be very capable with what magic she had. Mashyuu was unsure as to weather her magic was made more for combat or support but she was once again able to defeat a clearly skilled foe with a sense of style that drew the eye of the crowd. Once the fights for the day were over Mashyuu decided to get to know the one person who had caught his eye.

Slowly Mashyuu slicked his hand through his shaggy brown hair and walked up to the Ice Mage, sure to step up in front of her but not invade her personal space. "Hey there, Lacey was it? Nice moves out there. I'm Mashyuu, Sabertooth Wizard and Ace. It's a pleasure to meet you. I don't think I've seen you around before in the world, are you new to the Wizard world? Do you work for a guild or anything?" Mashyuu asked while he started to move at Lacey's side, not wanting to keep her from reaching whatever destination she was traveling to. "Are you hungry? I could really go for a meal that isn't sunlight or rock at the moment. I'm happy to pay for yours if you want to eat, hell I'll even let you pick the place. I'm not picky on what I put in my body for food... Umm so long as its actually food and not something weird." He corrected himself while offering up some free food. He didn't want to seem like he was prying her for information and normally he wouldn't be, instead he would be hitting on her and trying to make friends, but he had a feeling that the two would be the ones to face off against that guy in armor in the end so any sort of information he could get on her over all would be for the best when all was said and done.

WC: 439
    Total: 4362
    OOC: Yup so this is just a bit of fluff before we finish off these punks! :P
    Lacey Botticelli

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lacey Botticelli 22nd May 2017, 3:11 pm

Going to roll now so I can do my next fight in this next post!
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 22nd May 2017, 3:11 pm

#1 'Monster Dice' :
    A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu NormalMonster A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu WeakMonster

#2 'Normal Dice' :
    A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_05_42162_sm A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_05_42162_sm
    Lacey Botticelli

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lacey Botticelli 27th May 2017, 8:19 am

Lacey let out a short sigh of relief as the day finally ended.  Most of the contestants seemed ready to turn in for the night right away, and the ice mage felt similarly to them.  Although she enjoyed interacting with new people, today's battles had been rather stressful because she had been forced to maintain her mostly-human shape while exerting magic to other things.  The female knew that many yokai were able to freely shift forms; this was also typically the case for the Icebergian woman as well, but she became a bit nervous when faced with completing the task under the eyes of a sea of people.  Crowds remained a tentative thing for her.  With this resolution to head straight off to bed, after maybe a teeny bit of that mellow meet and greet she had mused over earlier, the female let her ears and tail fluff out underneath her enormous winter coat and hat.  There wasn't exactly a need to conceal them at the moment, now that the only thing on her agenda of tasks for the remaining hours of the day was to find a nice place to stay--  She stiffened as she recognized that a young man was striving to seek her out; his movement and direction created a path that led straight to her.  Immediately the young woman snapped back into her completely human form, but the sudden switch left her feeling wholly unprepared and very high strung.  Yes, it was lovely to interact with other contestants.  

Did it really have to be now, though? the female thought prickishly.  When he greeted her with a friendly enough demeanor, Lacey smiled back with all of the genuinity which she could manage.  He was standing in her path right in front of her, which was a decent move for eye contact purposes but it prevented her from making a smooth escape by simply continuing to walk.  "My name is Lavinia, or Lacey if you would prefer.  I have not met a Sabertooth wizard before, but I hail from Iceberg."  All of that was plenty of information.  Perhaps the two could simply part ways, but wait never mind the male mage had decided he wanted more friendly interaction.  She was feeling exceedingly tense by now, and the young woman could feel her ears starting to brush up against her hat again.  Squashing them down and wrapping her body tight with curls of magic so no tanuki-ness could escape, she flashed an apologetic glance at Mashyuu.  "I pay for my own food, but I appreciate the gesture.  I am sorry to say that I have already made plans for today, and I have to be going just now," the ice mage explained before she hurried along forward.  Although the . . . what was he . . . although the slayer had changed positions to walk alongside her and that did not bode well for wanting to be alone, Lacey hoped that he could take a hint.  She honestly wanted to just find that hotel she was looking for.

Walking at a brisk pace through the streets of the island, which were now mostly empty except for the dust left over from stalls and carts, the sky eyed woman eyed the nearby buildings.  Since she hadn't looked anywhere besides straight ahead for a little while and had mostly tuned out any audible noises, the raven haired mage could only hope that the Sabertooth wizard was nowhere nearby.  It wouldn't do to just glance behind her; for some reason, not like pride or anything, it just seemed like an uncomfortable action to take.  If indeed nobody was watching that she could discern, the female had every intention to take a nap in the first suitable tree she saw.  It wouldn't be quite so much of a nap as much of a hearty sleep in preparation for tomorrow.  Finally discovering one that would do the trick, Lacey dug her claws into the bark, disrupting her human form to go back to the half-tanuki one that she much preferred comfort-wise.  Clambering up onto a solid branch, the ice mage found that it could indeed hold her weight: she much approved.  With one final yawn, she fell asleep in the blink of an eye.

The next day, she woke to find herself tumbling out of the tree on account of some very annoying shaking that was going on.  Growling under her breath before she stopped it, because that was rude to do to strangers and anyone really, Lacey glanced to see who had disturbed her rest.  It was a girl of maybe fifteen or fourteen years, with moderate features that could only convey one feeling: that of brownness.  Brown hair, brown eyes, brown skin, all beautiful but hopelessly monotonous.  Not to insult anyone's looks of course, but her temper had been ruffled by the rude awakening.  This girl was actually strong though she would assume, because of her ability to shake the sturdy tree that Lacey had chosen to nap the night away in.  This was confirmed by the girl's first words.  

"We've been told to wake up all the contestants, since our mage circle sponsors the tourney every year.  Hurry up and go," the maiden informed the ice mage tartly.  Without so much as a raised eyebrow at how she had been found, the Icebergian tucked in her tail and wrapped her coat a bit more securely around her body before starting off down the street in the way opposite from that which she had came.  Apparently it was already time for the fighting to begin again; without further complaint, even if it was completely mental, Lacey trotted through the dusty markets and down several roads.  They all were much more busy than yesterday.  After she reached the site of the competition, the young woman observed that the exact same kind of square, platform arena had been set up with stands circling all around.  It was more like ovaling to be precise, because the square platform was actually a rectangle.  Huffing at her overly mathematician-like brain, the tanuki spirit double checked to make sure that all of her non-human body parts were staunchly concealed.  She afterwards entered the arena and found a place in the shadows to watch the other fights.

Unfortunately, it seemed that today she was definitely starting off on the wrong foot.  Despite her intention to watch everyone else battle, Lacey failed to keep her eyes open until the announcer was bellowing her name and there were a few jibes about whether the ice mage had forgotten the date.  Hopping to her feet, the young woman walked calmly over to the platform and stepped up with as much composure as she could recollect.  She was still rather sleepy from the shut-eye she had unsuccessfully attempted to take, and it showed.  Luckily for her though, they had already seen this type of opponent featured in the fights.  "Was that your brother who fought yesterday?" she asked conversationally, but the animal seemed not to be inclined to respond.  Shrugging, the female tilted her head just a bit to the side to regard the monster more closely.  She honestly was not in much of a fighting mood today . . . scratch that, she was never in a fighting mood, or at least very rarely, and battling this three headed tiger was not on her list of wishes when it came to the events that she had dreamed about happening the next day.  When the enormous cat leaped at her, the female was already prepared and had a Verglas sheet of ice up and right in front of her enemy.  The feline creature bashed through the ice, shards prickling into its eyes and cutting the fur and afterwards, the pelt.  The female found she had sympathy for her opponent, because nobody liked to get things in their eyes.  She stared as the cat howled up at the sky as its paws reached up to scratch out the glass, and she let out a short sigh.  It would be blinded for the rest of the day at least now, for touching her magic while it was not yet dissipated.  The announcer seemed to realize that the large predator had gotten completely off track and was not about to redirect him or herself anytime soon; he thankfully called a victory for Lacey.  It had been a severely underwhelming fight.

7679/10000 Words~ Sorry :V
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 27th May 2017, 8:36 pm

Ummm that was weird. What is her problem? Mashyuu wondered and stopped walking when Lacey sped off as if he smelled terrible or something. He lifted his arm and took a whiff, dry as a bone at this point. Still he could smell something on the woman, she wasn't as she seemed but he wasn't sure what it was about her that was off. Mashyuu's glowing blue eyes narrowed as he watched her walk away and off into the distance. His large gloved hands dug into his pockets deeply and he spun around on his heels without ever lifting his feet off the ground then headed back the way he came.

It took a bit of time but eventually Mashyuu found a decent place to have a meal, it would have been better to have shared the meal with someone but there was no point in worrying about it now. After the meal, Mashyuu headed back to the arena and used his Geokenisis to create a small hut of stone to rest in. Mashyuu laid down on the dirt ground and placed his arms behind his head, looking up at the moon through the small hole he left in the hut. "Yep, just like old times. I really needed this to start off my career into A Rank and to help me get to S Rank. The rest of this should get easier." Mashyuu muttered under his breath and closed his glowing eyes, quickly drifting off to sleep.

The morning came and the hot sun beat down on Mashyuu through the sky hole he created. With a groggy start he sat up and held his head in his hand, annoyed at how hard he slept. The cross chained to his left wrist rattled, reminding him it was there. It was something he had honestly forgotten he had. An extra weapon to use for sure. Even if it wasn't as powerful as his other weapons, in fact is was weaker than most of his weapons but it was better than nothing. Slowly he collected himself and stumbled out of the hut, snapping his fingers behind him to let the hut fall to dust behind him. He looked around and watched a few people scurrying about to collect fighters for the next round of combat. "Kicking things of early today eh? Better grab a bite to eat and get ready. I'll be up first." He spoke to himself.

An hour later a gong rang while people still found their seats, signaling the start of the first fight. Mashyuu stepped out into the ring and awaited as a green man in a purple uniform stepped out into the ring. The two simply stood and watched one another. Mashyuu had seen his fights. While the man known as Flute had far less magical power than Mashyuu, he was a thinking mans fighter and likely had a few strategies in place already. The announcer made the introductions and at that very moment Flute vanished. Swiftly moving around the ring, stopping only long enough to let those watching know he hadn't left the ring. He's building up power for an attack while keeping his body in motion so it's harder to hit him. Mashyuu thought while Flute's hands started to glow with magical power. "Light Grenade!" Flute shouted when he stopped and hurled a ball of light at Mashyuu.

The God Slayer grinned and opened his mouth wide, inhaling the ball of light, increasing his magical energy past what its natural limit was. Flue narrowed his eyes and growled at Mashyuu then jumped forward and twisted. His hand reached out for Mashyuu and to the Wizards surprise, stretched out and wrapped around Mashyuu's body. The God Slayer felt his body lifted off the ground while Flute moved to slam Mashyuu out of bounds. The brown haired man focused his magical power and called out. "Light Dragons Domain: Transition!" He shouted. A blue light exploded out of Mashyuu's body and he and Flute traded spots in the blink of an eye, Flute crashed to the floor outside of the ring while Mashyuu appeared standing in the center of the arena with a grin on his face. "Nothing to it!" He joked, upset that he had actually used his teleportation trick so early to keep himself in the contest.

WC: 730
    Total: 5092
    OOC: No worries, life comes first. :)
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 27th May 2017, 8:36 pm

'Monster Dice' :
    A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu NormalMonster A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu NormalMonster
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 27th May 2017, 8:38 pm

(OOC) If you want to take the last normal foe, I'll count mine as strong so we can keep advancing plot. I know I forgot to roll a normal dice so I'll do that now.)
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 27th May 2017, 8:38 pm

'Normal Dice' :
    A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_06_42164_sm A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_04_42161_sm
    Wolfe
    Wolfe

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Pride of the Mercenary
    Position : Ace of Destruction
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Experience : 39550

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cursed Lightning
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Wolfe 7th June 2017, 12:10 am

((As i will be taking over for Lacey, I will do my own 3 rounds of posting to insinuate that Wolfe was fighting somewhere else on her bracket for the first 3 rounds, then will fight her in the 4th round, and beat her to take her place.))

(rolling 3 monsters and 3 dice, the order of them is the order they will be created and fought/ 1, 1. 2, 2. 3, 3.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Character Sheet: Wolfe Raijin
    Magic Sheet: Cursed Lightning Magic
    Pet: Loki

A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu QO55HpX
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 7th June 2017, 12:10 am

The member 'Wolfe' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Monster Dice' :
    A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu NormalMonster A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu NormalMonster A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu NormalMonster

#2 'Normal Dice' :
    A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_05_42162_sm A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_03_42160_sm A CHARITY IN A LIE † job, mashyuu Die_06_42164_sm
    Wolfe
    Wolfe

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Wolfe 7th June 2017, 9:41 am

Once again the sky was Wolfe’s road and he was traveling it like there was no tomorrow. He truly enjoyed the days he could just take to the sky and fly and fly with absolutely no worries as to where and when he was and had nothing to do for a day or two so he get some good travel time in. Most times he had to stay in the majority area of Fiore, but on days like this, and trips like this he could leave the normal area and get out to the far reaching areas. Today that meant the island clusters in an area he hadn’t been to yet. As he flew over the first few islands he saw a lot of beautiful scenery and was really taken in by what he saw.

As he flew along he even found an island that he took a stop at for a few hours that was covered in a huge thunder, and lightning storm. Bolts of lightning struck down every few seconds all over the island and he couldn’t help but love the this place, and he even got hit a few times and was getting a nice charge while he was just chilling out there. After a few hours though he decided he had enough of the island and took to the skies once again, completely rejuvenated, and was off to continue his search for more islands to check out.

It took some more time before he ended up on the island known as Sphere Island. The day was coming to a close and he was going to need to find a place to stop for the night and take a rest. He could continue through the night if he wanted but he figured this was the better option and it would give him a good chance to check out this island tomorrow before taking off again tomorrow. Once he landed it didn’t take long for him to find a nice inn with a tavern type area add on for him to get some good food at. Of course it didn’t take long for him to get his room and then make his way to tavern and take a seat at the bar area so he could make it a little easier for the waitress who took his order. It didn’t take long for one for one of the young women to get around to helping him and he was able to place his order and get comfortable.

After a few minutes he was just sitting at the bar sipping from his drink as he waited for some of his food when a younger man walked into the tavern area and found his way to bar only two seats away from Wolfe. As soon as he sat down he laid his head down and it was obvious that he was not having the best evening. This point was made even more obvious when he placed an order for two of the strongest drink they had when the young waitress came to take his order. Wolfe gave him a few seconds after she left before he turned towards the guy ”Rough day I take it?” It took the man a few seconds to even gather himself enough to realize someone had spoken to him, but then he turned and exchanged pleasantries with Wolfe.

After a few Wolfe had been able to piece together that fact that the man had been harassed earlier that day about some money issues, but from what he had explained it wasn’t his fault. He had fallen for someone woman who had a lot of debt and hid it from him and then took a bunch of his money and ran off, and it seems she had found a way to pawn it off her debt onto him with the people she owed. He was needing some serious help and he was trying to find a sure bet to place the last of his current money during a tournament that was going to starting the next day. About this time Wolfe’s food arrived and he dug in, but he offered the man a plate or two to help him out as they continued to talk about the tournament that would be taking place the next day. After many more plates and a long exchange of information Wolfe realized he might be able to help the man out. Normally Wolfe wouldn’t be the first guy to jump to betting or gambling, but there was something about this that did enticed Wolfe as well, it was fighting tournament with lots of strong opponents. Since his return back into the life of a mage, his only chance to really flex his powers were against time elder he had fought with Ardere after the fall of the sabertooth guild hall. Truth be told he was more than a little interested in spreading his “wings” and pushing himself. Not to mention the final fight seemed to be against a fighter who hadn’t lost in over ten years, and that was not something Wolfe felt like he just pass up. That sounded like the fight he needed to really try and push himself and his limits. The challenge sounded too good to pas up.

So after the long exchange Wolfe figured he could kill two birds with one stone. The man was offering half of the winnings from whatever he got, Which was nice but he was in it more for the chance at a good fight and a great challenge. However, a little extra jewel never hurt, plus he would be helping this guy out a lot and that was something he was up for.

By the end of the night they had decided that the man would put his bet on Wolfe and he would fight in this tournament. It was the best for both of them, and it was their best chance to get the best of both worlds. So after making plans to meet up the next morning to head out to the location of the tournament the two of them parted ways and made their way to their respective rooms to get rest for the next day’s events. After making to his room Wolfe took a little bit of time to gather his thoughts before heading to bed. He figured he might see some serious competition during the tournament so he cleared his mind and laid down for the night.

-----------------
    Word Count:1083
    Total Word Count:1.083/10,000

(this is my first post, in my next one i will post round one)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wolfe
    Wolfe

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Wolfe 8th June 2017, 10:47 pm

The night went by very quietly for Wolfe and he was able to get some good sleep. He wasn’t sure why but he slept like a baby even though there was a lot riding on this. To be honest with himself he actually gave that a little thought after he had some time to wake up a little. It would only seem natural that a person would be worried, or hyped up enough for something like this to have at least a little trouble sleeping the night before. Hell, even a battle hardened individual would have at least a few thoughts crossing his mind enough to justify giving at least a moment of second thought and a moment of restlessness before something like this. However, not even a moment of his night was filled with restlessness. This made him give some thought to the idea that kind of calm in the midst of a challenge of this caliber must come from a very weird or very dark place. He seemed to naturally show absolutely no fear what so ever, and that made him question for more than a second the possible reasons he could be able to do something like that. He wasn’t sure what had happened to him in his life before his amnesia, but it was moments like this one that made him question the severity of the things that happened to him, and how dark his life had possibly been, which made him question a little if he really wanted to remember his old life.

Wolfe got out of bed and started in on his morning routine to get ready for the day. Afterwards he got dressed and made his way down to the tavern area like he and the man had discussed the night before. However, Wolfe was used to his normal routine of getting up pretty early and getting his day started before just about everyone else, and today was no different. It seemed he was the first down this morning, with the only one young waitress and a cook as the only other people awake at this time in the morning. Wolfe made his way over to the bar and after a few moments the young waitress made her way over and took his order, after which they conversed for some time as the cook prepared his food. Wolfe asked about the local area and if the young woman knew anything about the tournament or it’s history. Luckily for Wolfe she had a lot of regulars that came in and talked about the fighters and and the tournament from years past. So she was able to pass on any and all info she could remember and even though it wasn’t a huge amount of information, it was more than enough to help him get an idea of what he might be facing and how it went down. Wolfe Finally finished his food and waited for the young man to come down. He didn’t have to wait too long before the young man was sitting next to Wolfe and placing his own order of breakfast. The two men then talked a little more about a few random topics then as his food came out then topic shifted to the upcoming tournament that day and the exchanging of details.

After food and talk the two men made their way from the tavern and inn combo and towards the location of the tournament. It didn’t take them long to reach the place, and upon getting there, the two men shook hands one last time and parted ways. Wolfe made his way to the registration area and waited in line along with a fairly large group of men. As Wolfe skimmed over all of the contestants in the area, he made sure to note any and all the little details he noticed. He wasn’t sure why he could tell, but he could tell just by how someone was walking or held themselves if they were a legit fighter or just an amateur and their weak points and spots. This seemed to be another one of those natural skills he couldn’t explain and had to chalk up to his former life. He knew that he was a fighter, that much had been explained to him, as well as it came so natural to him, it was like walking. However, this just like the fearlessness made him question exactly what he had been through in his past life.

Wolfe didn’t have too long to ponder on the details of the things that went through his mind as sign up actually went fairly quickly despite the number of people there to sign up. Wolfe did however take note of one thing as he was checking out the other fighters and that was he could feel magical presence from more than a few of the fighters. He figured there would be other mages, as it would be impossible for something like this to not attract at least a few fighter based magic users. However, Wolfe made sure to take special note of any of the fighters he could feel magic presence from as from what he could tell they were all at least near his power and therefor would make probably the hardest opponents. Despite that fact, these were also the opponents he looked forward to facing the most as they would offer up great challenges for him along the way to the top.

Wolfe made his way back to the waiting area along with all the other fighters once everything was settled down and waited for the tournament to start. No more than about twenty minutes went by before they started calling for the first round fighters and the fighters in the waiting area were presented with a large chart to show the bracket system that was being used for the tournament. Wolfe took a second to look over the system, and from what he could tell he was in the third match, and for the overall tournament it looked like it would go to six rounds, the sixth round being the finals and that meant the armored fighter that was undefeated. Wolfe then sat back and decided to focus on getting his head into the fight before his round was called.

It wasn’t long before he heard his name called and his fight was up. He jumped up and made his way over to the door that was use as the entrance to the arena and stood there as the announcer spoke some crap to rile up the crowd and then the door swung open and Wolfe made his way into the arena. He took a second and looked over the area to get a good idea of where he would be fighting and what he could use to his advantage during a fight, but there wasn’t a lot to really use, but he was ok with this because that also meant his opponents wouldn’t be able to use anything against him a well. Wolfe then noticed as the door on the other side of the arena opened and from the shadow of the door out came a large three headed tiger. Wolfe had to take a double take to make sure what exactly he was looking at. The body of the creature was large but was the same as any other tiger, but the head was the messed up part. It had three heads, but only one neck, as the split was only around the base of the snout. This also effect altered the number of eyes and ears it had, which was four of each. Despite this aspect it was a large tiger, so besides the nasty bite and its ability to claw at Wolfe, its only real strength rested in its speed. However, this was the one place if nothing else Wolfe had almost no equals in.

After the beast entered into the arena and the door shut behind it the announcer signaled the start of the match, and almost instantly the beast took off in a full blown barreling run right at Wolfe. It closed the gap between the two of them in only seconds and was already right on top of Wolfe as it went in for one of its nasty bites. Wolfe was rather impressed by the beast’s speed the deadly precision of its attack as the bite was aimed right at Wolfe’s throat, which indicated it was a natural predator and it knew just how to take down its target a quickly as possible. However, the beast’s speed was nothing compared to Wolfe and as the beast’s teeth clamped down at where Wolfe’s neck was at, all it came up with was a mouthful of air. Wolfe had phase shift to one side of the beast and just as it landed from its leaping attack at where Wolfe once was he forward and brought down his right shoulder and shoulder rushed right into the side of the tiger and sent him flying into a wall. The beast fell to the ground but within moments it was back up on its feet and staring down Wolfe with a whole new look, before he had been food but now it was pissed. It became obvious very quickly that the beast was not only picked for its ferocity but for its overall tenacity. The beast once again made a mad dash at Wolfe and he figured it wouldn’t fall for the same trick twice so this time backed himself up so the wall was only a few feet behind him and he prepped for the oncoming attack. Wolfe watched carefully as the beast closed the gap between then quickly and just before he reached Wolfe he turned and dashed at the wall, and the tiger followed. As before he reached the wall Wolfe jumped up and landed with one foot against the wall and then with his other foot he took another step up the wall before he pushed off with the second foot and spun around in midair. The beast had also jumped behind Wolfe to catch him in midair but because of the wall jump Wolfe had jumped higher than the beast. Using this to his advantage he did a front flip in midair, and extended his right leg, and as he finished his flip he brought the heel of his foot down upon the middle of the middle head of the beast, landing a solid axe kick. Just as his foot connected he yelled ”Ragnarok!” and a bolt of lightning came crashing down from the sky above and connected just as Wolfe’s axe kick connected and the beast flew to the ground and landed in a heap, it’s body jerking every couple of seconds from the electrical overload from Wolfe’s attack. Wolfe landed on the ground about a foot away and he took a second to calm himself as he looked at the beast to make sure he was truly out.

After a count of ten seconds the announcer came over the speakers and in a loud barrage of yells and screams about the fight that had just happened and how people should watch out for future fights of Wolfe. Wolfe just nodded to the crowd and made his way back into the waiting room to wait out the rest of the fights for the day. He would deal with the rest of the stuff after the days fights were over.

-----------------------
    Word Count: 1,918
    Total Word Count: 3,001/10,000
    Rounds Complete: 1/6

Wolfe
    Wolfe

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Wolfe 11th June 2017, 6:52 pm

Wolfe sat waiting in the back room along with all the other fighters as he was now waiting out the rest of his first day. He had been the third match of the day so he had been right in the front of the line, but that also meant he would now have all this time to waste as he waited out the day. In truth he could leave if he wanted to but he would rather sit and wait. This allowed him to watch which fighters from his side of the bracket moved on and the condition each one of them was in when they came out of their battle for the day. Also there was an area that allowed for fighters to watch the fights and that is where Wolfe had taken his spot. He intended to catch the fighting styles of those that passed on, and from what he could see after a few more matches he wasn’t the only one to be doing the very same things. This did throw a little wrench in his own plan though as it was obvious a few had done the same for his match as well, but another upside was that instantly he could tell the real fighters from the amateurs.

Anyone who was watching and taking mental notes also took note of the others that watched and it became pretty obvious that these other fighters would be the ones that needed to watch out for each other. This did also meant that he had given away three important aspect of his own fighting while he had been in the ring, his speed, the fact he was a mage, and that he had at least some ability to use lightning. Wolfe realized in the next few matches he would have to make sure not give away any more about himself or what he was truly capable of. So far the only real strengths he couldn’t take back was that he as a mage, and that obviously speed was his strong point. However, in that same note, he had shown very little of both of these aspects so as long as he kept it simple he could lure anyone watching him into believing he was a one trick pony if he just banked on the same moves from the first match. So that just meant he would have to make sure not to reveal his physical strength or his powered up form. He needed to save those for the big fight at the end of this tournament, against the armored man. If there was going to be a fight he wanted to pull out all the stops on, it was going to be that one.

After more than a few hours the final fight of the day came to it’s conclusion and all the fighters still there made their way out and to their respective bars, inns, and taverns for the evening. Wolfe instead decided to stop at a local spa and take a short dip in the spring. It wasn’t a large spa, but it was cozy, and that was nice. He spent about an hour and a half relaxing and enjoying the evening as it slowly got dark. Over the time he was there, a few other fighters, maybe five or so in total, also decided a nice dip in the spring was a good idea. Unexpectedly though the group of the fighters was actually pretty easy going all things considered and after a bottle of sake that was shared amongst the group they were having a good time and talking about all kind of nonsense, and even making points to complement each other on certain fighting techniques they noticed of each other. Wolfe was actually blown away by the good nature and general good terms they actually showed to each other. However, there was some truth to the fact that once the nasty moments of the fight itself were no longer right there, a real fighter could understand another real fighter on a much deeper level than guys who just fought. That was what was happening here, real fighters respecting other real fighters.

After his time in the hot spring he made his way back to the inn he was staying at and as soon as he walked in he made his way to the tavern and took a seat at the bar and placed a large order for some food, and waited. Not long after his first few plates arrived the young man he has the deal with walked in and sat beside Wolfe. The two exchanged some words about the fight that day, and a lot of the info Wolfe had figured out about the other fighters and strategies he had ready if he got paired up with any of them. The other option would be that because he was a first time contestant that he might be paired up with more monsters instead, and in that case those would be a lot easier. The two of them talked for a few while they both ate, and after a while both men headed to their respective room and once again Wolfe found himself taking a few minutes to gather himself in deep thought before he headed to bed.

The next morning was a perfect repeat of the previous morning. Wolfe was up before anyone else, and made his way down very early to get some food and met with the young man again and discussed random events around Fiore, and anything they could about different mages, and guilds. After finishing their food and talk, the two men once again made their way to the arena and split ways at the same place as the day before. Wolfe once again made his way to the waiting area, and once back there he took a look at the pairings for the day and noticed he was actually about midway through the fights today. So once again he took his spot so he could watch the fights and got comfortable. After a good amount of time Wolfe match finally came up and he made his way to the large gate once again and once it opened he made his way back into the arena and took a second to survey the audience right before the announcer came on the loud speaker and introduced Wolfe, and then his opponent which was once again monster of some sort. Then the other gate opened on the other sie of the arena and a large black dragon like creature flew out and took to the sky around the arena.

Wolfe had to take a second to really get a good look at it and it was a very weird looking dragon type creature. It had four wings, the two in the back much smaller than the two near the front, and he was covered in different areas with spikes and claws, and its mouth was huge. Wolfe figured the best way to get this thing down would be to get on top of it and just swing for the head. As soon as the announcer said the match had started Wolfe ran for the wall behind him and jumped up and ran up the wall into a jump and grabbed for the ledge. He then pulled himself up and then turned to see the large beast circling the center of the arena. Wolfe then roared at the beast to get its attention and prepped as he saw that he had gotten the intended desire as the beast circled one last time and then turned to fly straight at Wolfe. Wolfe waited till the last second as the beast flew right at him and tried to bite at him. He ducked and rolled out of the way at the last second, and as he finished his roll he sprang right back to his feet and before the beast had flown completely by Wolfe he leapt and grabbed on to the mid area of the beast and held on for dear life.

Now that he was on the beast the hardest part was over, but now he needed to both hold on and also manage to crawl up to its head. Wolfe slowly started to grab on to the beast’s skin as he started to crawl up its long back very slowly. However, this was no easy task as the beast was still flying around and now it was also trying to buck Wolfe off of its back. Over the Next minute or so Wolfe slowly crawls up the back of the beast as it tossed from side to side, almost throwing him off more than once. Finally after the long haul up towards the head of the beast he was just about to take a swing at the back of its head when it suddenly stopped and it flew straight at the corner of the arena where there was some ceiling area and it was going to try and slam Wolfe between itself and the ceiling. However, at the last second Wolfe reached down and wrapped his arm down and under the head of the beast and pulled it up so its face slammed into the ceiling instead of its back where Wolfe was. In the moment of shock Wolfe took advantage and swung his right hand down and punched the beast in its eye. The beast roared in pain, but Wolfe had no intent on relenting as he grabbed on the beast and raised his other hand and swung down punching it in the other eye. Now the beast was unable to see and it started to fly unable to see where it was going, and it didn’t take long for it to fly right into the wall. Wolfe held on as the beast slammed into the wall and began to fall to the ground, holding on till the last second. He then jumped off and landed into a tumble just as the beast hit the ground. Wolfe rolled into standing position and pivoted on his heel as he turned around and took off in a dash. After a few steps he jumped up and brought his right arm back and at the last second as he fell down towards the head of the beast he brought down a hit using all of his force and momentum into a solid hit right in the center of beast’s head, slamming his head into the ground and knocking the beast out. Wolfe then stood over the knocked out body of the knocked out dragon and was announced the winner of his match. He then made his way back to the waiting area again after he was done with his match, and took a seat.

-----------------------
    Word Count: 1,800
    Total Word Count: 4,801/10,000
    Rounds Complete: 2/6

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 11:24 pm