Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics

RockyTheRockiestRock
    RockyTheRockiestRock

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Oblivion's Might
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 4744.5

Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics Empty Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics

Post by RockyTheRockiestRock 4th April 2016, 1:23 am

1. Bloody Stats

-Speed should not encompass everything dealing with motion and strictly tied to movement speed. A man who runs fast is not going to punch fast or act as fast....or think as fast, etc.

-Strength at this point is more Physical Damage as physical damage does not rely on strength completely. Rock man can throw a boulder, but not punch as hard as some crazy kung fu genie from the realm of hell.

-HP and MP pool buffs should be tread upon very...very...carefully. The reason is snowballing...more so for HP and MP.

MP grants more working space to sling fireballs and stuff which is quite potent in itself...HOWEVER...increase to HP could exponentially push one's pool way ahead

Lineage: Armoured Beast gives as a passive 50% HP boost...let's say a person were to get another 50% boost from an item. A B rank(B rank is a good midway rank), they would have 600 HP just 100 HP below H rank which is 4 ranks away.

2. Damage Reduction vs 'Damage Reduction'

-Damage Reduction based on flat numbers like 10,20,30,etc. should not be allowed. I was playing around with ideas in my head and it's come to mind that going for flat damage reduction can be very obscene.

Someone with 90% damage reduction will die from 1,000,000 D-Rank melee smacks vs someone with a 5 flat damage reduction can survive that. Let that sink in for a bit.

3. Vague UAs
    -The ol' enhanced stats, super this, lightning that, kinda better than average something. This is like giving a president a blank check...or basically in simple terms, a vast amount of freedom and power which in this case applies to how they interpret their UA.

If someone puts in sonic reflexes, they might start doing that all over the place like the Flash, and no one wants that.

4. Custom Lineages/Lineages

-I will just say, as much as I like homebrew lineages and the whole thing about them, I would like it more if people didn't try to really push and stretch the limits of what can be done on one in terms of benefit. I will say, I am only saying this because sometimes I feel people are reaaally not doing lineages as potential RP pieces for plot or some kinda story with it.

A lineage is not supposed to be a stat buff pack mule in your inventory, that is my say

5. Events, PvP or PvE and some thoughts

-Guess what, NPCs are controlled by real people, not actual programs or computers...makes em PvP....also means all of those extra bonuses that only apply in PvE really don't work the same in an Event.

-Glory, what probably everyone wants from an event, save for a few honest souls. Also an issue spotlight-wise where sometimes a character or a select few are focused upon more so than others. Now, I would not mind this in a fight where the one getting the spotlight is quite obviously the greatest threat, but I would mind it if for some hidden reason, this one guy keeps getting all of the attention while everyone else is trash-pulling

6. Attitudes in the site

-Look, I'll be blunt, no community is going to be perfect, but dear freaking god. The divide among people here on the site and constant butting of egos and psyches is really annoying. I could care less who gets power, influence, and fucking control of the site, I really just came here to rp from another community whose leadership and regulars were toxic bastards. I have hope for you FTRP

7. RP things

-When doing a huge reveal or move, please for the love of god take in consideration what is appropriate or not appropriate at such a time. Because if a company of fallen angels appears out of nowhere demanding retribution towards your character in the middle of a whole event, I will honest to god chuck a boulder at you or find the person behind the screen and smack em. or all that is good and holy, do not break the immersion of the rpers around you...yes....some people might already be doing that with their magic or something, but do not purposely do so yourself.

8. The Arms Stat Race

-I get this, except why doing it in a site where no PvP happens and its all PvE save for events
    -It also gets obnoxious once it gets to the point where someone is just caring about it

9. Cheese

-Don't do loopholes...don't do really cryptic shit to get something really obscene passed
    -Just don't be that guy
    -This is more of pet peeve than anything

10. I wrote this like 1-2am in the morning, I am quite tired, night

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics Minh_by_ravenart5-d9drt2d
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics Empty Re: Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics

Post by Rosetta Crawford 4th April 2016, 2:16 am

RockyTheRockiestRock wrote:1. Bloody Stats

-Speed should not encompass everything dealing with motion and strictly tied to movement speed. A man who runs fast is not going to punch fast or act as fast....or think as fast, etc. -- This depends on the person and how it is built. Though i agree a physical speed buff should not give you reaction speed or thinking speed. That seems like it should be seperate or something trained. A highly fast H rank who is used to his speed and trained should probably be able to react and think a bit faster. I do see the point

-Strength at this point is more Physical Damage as physical damage does not rely on strength completely. Rock man can throw a boulder, but not punch as hard as some crazy kung fu genie from the realm of hell. Eh differentiating between types of strength starts getting a bit stat heavy. Though there is nothing stopping you buffing your strength or creating a unique abiltiy or something that allows you to hit for more damage without gaining extra 'strength'

-HP and MP pool buffs should be tread upon very...very...carefully. The reason is snowballing...more so for HP and MP.

MP grants more working space to sling fireballs and stuff which is quite potent in itself...HOWEVER...increase to HP could exponentially push one's pool way ahead

Lineage: Armoured Beast gives as a passive 50% HP boost...let's say a person were to get another 50% boost from an item. A B rank(B rank is a good midway rank), they would have 600 HP just 100 HP below H rank which is 4 ranks away. We do have limits on HP buffs. Or at least on regen. On top of that rank shouldn't be as big a deal anymore. A B rank should be able to beat a H rank under the right circumstances

-Damage Reduction based on flat numbers like 10,20,30,etc. should not be allowed. I was playing around with ideas in my head and it's come to mind that going for flat damage reduction can be very obscene. I don't think we do allow this. I've never seen it on an app. Still might be good to have it as an official rule rather than an 'invisible' one

Someone with 90% damage reduction will die from 1,000,000 D-Rank melee smacks vs someone with a 5 flat damage reduction can survive that. Let that sink in for a bit.

3. Vague UAs
    -The ol' enhanced stats, super this, lightning that, kinda better than average something. This is like giving a president a blank check...or basically in simple terms, a vast amount of freedom and power which in this case applies to how they interpret their UA.

If someone puts in sonic reflexes, they might start doing that all over the place like the Flash, and no one wants that. In truth I'm good with people being creative with their unique abilities providing it makes sense for the magic. Being an ice mage and that giving you immunity to cold environments sure. It somehow giving you the ability to have sonic reflexes....no not without a damn good explanation as to why. It might be good for staff to put a few more limits on things like this and ask the question of 'how does your magic give that'

-I will just say, as much as I like homebrew lineages and the whole thing about them, I would like it more if people didn't try to really push and stretch the limits of what can be done on one in terms of benefit. I will say, I am only saying this because sometimes I feel people are reaaally not doing lineages as potential RP pieces for plot or some kinda story with it.

A lineage is not supposed to be a stat buff pack mule in your inventory, that is my say
    [color=teal]As you can probably see from my 13th soul lineage I did do it for plot. My next custom lineage for my character Magna will also be plot based or at least based on his character and history. I like these. I don't like the excuse of 'i'm just using a current lineage and boosting it a bit because thats what I want to do'

-Guess what, NPCs are controlled by real people, not actual programs or computers...makes em PvP....also means all of those extra bonuses that only apply in PvE really don't work the same in an Event. I don't consider the NPCs as PVP opponents. Whilst they are controlled by a person rather than a computer they are not defined by the same rules as regular players. Its more all the players versus one powerful entity. Much like a boss in a game. Just because its a person controlling it and not a program doesn't really change much there

-Glory, what probably everyone wants from an event, save for a few honest souls. Also an issue spotlight-wise where sometimes a character or a select few are focused upon more so than others. Now, I would not mind this in a fight where the one getting the spotlight is quite obviously the greatest threat, but I would mind it if for some hidden reason, this one guy keeps getting all of the attention while everyone else is trash-pulling This is more the fault of the events. It seems a trend recently where there are a few big bad guys and then a lot of weaker enemies. So only the big boys like the S and H can fight against the big bad guys without being roflstomped. I'm kind of bored of the 'evil group trying to destroy a place' trope. Be nice to have another kind of event. However 'trash pulling' is not necessarily always true. Sometimes optional things are given for lower players to do that are highly important. Certain players do seem to have issues with this and others also want to take the spotlight constantly.

6. Attitudes in the site

-Look, I'll be blunt, no community is going to be perfect, but dear freaking god. The divide among people here on the site and constant butting of egos and psyches is really annoying. I could care less who gets power, influence, and fucking control of the site, I really just came here to rp from another community whose leadership and regulars were toxic bastards. I have hope for you FTRP I know that feeling. The site used to be much nicer, but there seem to be too many divides nowadays

7. RP things

-When doing a huge reveal or move, please for the love of god take in consideration what is appropriate or not appropriate at such a time. Because if a company of fallen angels appears out of nowhere demanding retribution towards your character in the middle of a whole event, I will honest to god chuck a boulder at you or find the person behind the screen and smack em. or all that is good and holy, do not break the immersion of the rpers around you...yes....some people might already be doing that with their magic or something, but do not purposely do so yourself. I know what you mean

8. The Arms Stat Race

-I get this, except why doing it in a site where no PvP happens and its all PvE save for events
    -It also gets obnoxious once it gets to the point where someone is just caring about it PVP can happen and some do it. So its nice to have. Plus it gives an excuse for you to do some of the extraordinary things in threads.

9. Cheese

-Don't do loopholes...don't do really cryptic shit to get something really obscene passed
    -Just don't be that guy
    -This is more of pet peeve than anything

10. I wrote this like 1-2am in the morning, I am quite tired, night

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics Empty Re: Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics

Post by Eris 4th April 2016, 8:49 am

1. Bloody Stats

-Speed should not encompass everything dealing with motion and strictly tied to movement speed. A man who runs fast is not going to punch fast or act as fast....or think as fast, etc. -- This depends on the person and how it is built. Though i agree a physical speed buff should not give you reaction speed or thinking speed. That seems like it should be seperate or something trained. A highly fast H rank who is used to his speed and trained should probably be able to react and think a bit faster. I do see the point

It usually isn't in my experience.  Reaction is usually separated,  as is mental acuity & processing.  However I do suppose that some individuals would lump them together into speed and no one would know until they used it.

-Strength at this point is more Physical Damage as physical damage does not rely on strength completely. Rock man can throw a boulder, but not punch as hard as some crazy kung fu genie from the realm of hell. Eh differentiating between types of strength starts getting a bit stat heavy. Though there is nothing stopping you buffing your strength or creating a unique abiltiy or something that allows you to hit for more damage without gaining extra 'strength'

Fair enough, speed for example is something that would also improve damage if you wanted to get technical,  but there isn't much reason to alter it in its present form,  and breaking it up would cause unnecessary upheaval in existing functions and usage.    And definitely as Zack said,  if I wanted to make a speedster I could make a speed based UA that specifically applied a pure physical damage buff without the strength. 

-Damage Reduction based on flat numbers like 10,20,30,etc. should not be allowed. I was playing around with ideas in my head and it's come to mind that going for flat damage reduction can be very obscene. I don't think we do allow this. I've never seen it on an app. Still might be good to have it as an official rule rather than an 'invisible' one

I didn't even know flat reduction was a thing until yesterday when I was informed that some have interpreted the armor rules as being a flat reduction number.

I have not seen anyone using a -10 or -30 reduction before at all,  not to say it doesn't exist. 

But certainly yes,  percentages are best.  And if there is going to be a rule on you you might as well stagger the gain of the reduction for diminishing returns past 50% to a hard limit of 90% to 95% with significant effort to achieve it (As in focusing heavily in getting it.  Even perhaps using active spells to get anything past 75%).   

Such a rule wouldn't have to infringe on existing apps either.  Just a rule governing how the %'s get applied.   Such as every 5% buff becomes 1% past 50.  Every 10 to 1 past 75,  ect.

3. Vague UAs

If someone puts in sonic reflexes, they might start doing that all over the place like the Flash, and no one wants that. In truth I'm good with people being creative with their unique abilities providing it makes sense for the magic. Being an ice mage and that giving you immunity to cold environments sure. It somehow giving you the ability to have sonic reflexes....no not without a damn good explanation as to why. It might be good for staff to put a few more limits on things like this and ask the question of 'how does your magic give that'

Some things cannot be measured in numbers or percentages and require wordage' to fluff out, such as mental enhancements for example,  or senses (Though some numbers can be applied here and there to how the senses work depending on the situation).

But certainly the main stats would require number.s  However "Sonic" rather than "Super" or "Great" would actually be a descriptive text for a specific effect.  Just throwing that out there,  it and word use like it shouldn't be lumped in with the "Gigantic!" and the "Amazings" or "Godly" usages.

So long as there isn't an obvious hole in the magic to be filled with whatever fits the bill in the given situations they find themselves in then sure.

As you can probably see from my 13th soul lineage I did do it for plot. My next custom lineage for my character Magna will also be plot based or at least based on his character and history. I like these. I don't like the excuse of 'i'm just using a current lineage and boosting it a bit because thats what I want to do' 

This is fair enough so long as it doesn't snowball into some dystopian witch hunt for "Not plotty enough" lineages.  But in which point there isn't much reason to start judging things to much anyway,  probably no more than what exists.   A random staff approving the lineage isn't going to have an understanding of this or that character someone else is playing beyond their perspective as a potentially distant third party.

-Guess what, NPCs are controlled by real people, not actual programs or computers...makes em PvP....also means all of those extra bonuses that only apply in PvE really don't work the same in an Event. I don't consider the NPCs as PVP opponents. Whilst they are controlled by a person rather than a computer they are not defined by the same rules as regular players. Its more all the players versus one powerful entity. Much like a boss in a game. Just because its a person controlling it and not a program doesn't really change much there

This is incredibly varied and a diverse subject.   Sure some NPCs are one way and others are another.   NPCs have a great many uses and roles they can fill,  it's just a title after all.  The only difference between some NPCs and PCs is that PCs are focused on and have more regulation.  NPCs are out of focus,  and usually temporary. 

Some aren't even NPCs at all but extensions of PCs.  Such as a Summoner's summon,  or any mage's pet.    Such individuals would be under the blanket protections and courtesies offered to PC engagements,  but most NPCs aren't an issue and it is difficult and not exactly necessary to regulate.   If someone controlling the NPC feels they are slighted,  just have them react normally within your own posts irregardless of whatever came next on the other player's post. 

-Glory, what probably everyone wants from an event, save for a few honest souls. Also an issue spotlight-wise where sometimes a character or a select few are focused upon more so than others. Now, I would not mind this in a fight where the one getting the spotlight is quite obviously the greatest threat, but I would mind it if for some hidden reason, this one guy keeps getting all of the attention while everyone else is trash-pulling This is more the fault of the events. It seems a trend recently where there are a few big bad guys and then a lot of weaker enemies. So only the big boys like the S and H can fight against the big bad guys without being roflstomped. I'm kind of bored of the 'evil group trying to destroy a place' trope. Be nice to have another kind of event. However 'trash pulling' is not necessarily always true. Sometimes optional things are given for lower players to do that are highly important. Certain players do seem to have issues with this and others also want to take the spotlight constantly.

6. Attitudes in the site

-Look, I'll be blunt, no community is going to be perfect, but dear freaking god. The divide among people here on the site and constant butting of egos and psyches is really annoying. I could care less who gets power, influence, and fucking control of the site, I really just came here to rp from another community whose leadership and regulars were toxic bastards. I have hope for you FTRP I know that feeling. The site used to be much nicer, but there seem to be too many divides nowadays

I wouldn't really even be able to identify any specific sources or causes, not for certain,  and not in ways where I could imagine how to fix them without causing far more drama during the process.    Conflicts just randomly spark and drama ensues to one extent or another. 

It's the sort of thing that is shaped by the mindset and tone of any group or community,  which is influenced by the nature of what brings that community together and the authority figures within it.

8. The Arms Stat Race

-It also gets obnoxious once it gets to the point where someone is just caring about it PVP can happen and some do it. So its nice to have. Plus it gives an excuse for you to do some of the extraordinary things in threads.

It's a natural product of any site or game that has tangible mechanics,  without a focus on lust.   I've seen dramatic shifts in forums that allowed NSFW content one day then banned it the next.   The difference was staggering.
    (I'm certainly not saying allow explicit NSFW stuff here!)

It happens.  It's everywhere.  People see others at this or that level of effectiveness and they decide they don't want to get steamrolled in the situation where they might end up fighting each other or along side each other.

Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics NvVyM98

Buffs/Stats/Things/RP topics CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 3:13 am