Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Gary Oak's Freakout [Job/Brandy]

Cielle
    Cielle

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,206.25

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Paradise Control
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Gary Oak's Freakout [Job/Brandy] Empty Gary Oak's Freakout [Job/Brandy]

Post by Cielle 25th February 2016, 1:04 am

Spoiler:

Standing in the streets a blind man could’ve spotted the obvious tension in the air. The white haired girl stood off to the side, a dark brown plush rabbit clutched to her chest as its ears flopped past her arms. This whole thing seemed a bit of a bother to her, not entirely sure why it was her problem at all really…probably why the bartender she usually talked to back at the guild insisted she take the job. He’d been a nice enough fellow to her during her stay thus far and the primary person the short mage talked to at all as the others were, well, more entertaining to watch. They seemed lively, but Shade couldn’t bring herself to jump into any of those frays or conversations. Here people didn't want to approach her luckily, too busy looking around as if waiting for an event to happen at a moment's notice. Truly they looked like herbivores on the lookout for a predator in the shadows...

As a breeze passed by she slipped further next to the building, a hand shielding her face as white hair danced with the wind, most of it free to do as it pleased and coattails of her white jacket joining without abandon. She didn’t worry so much about it or her dress beneath, charcoal colored leggings ensuring that any flirting with Mother Nature’s sighs wouldn’t result in embarrassment on the girl’s behalf. However with it proving to be a windier day than she’d like the girl pulled the voluminous hood over her head to help abate it somewhat and leave the long ends to do as they pleased as she peered about: no sign of her partner yet.

According to the man currently running the bar – she’d heard he was a bit more of a recent replacement for some man named “Kiku” – it’d be nigh impossible to miss the guild mate. From the sounds of it the woman stood covered in fur and rather foxy in nature…and stature, going by the name “Brandy.” As far as Shade could tell the woman sounded a delight in appearance alone, admittedly tempted to try and “pet” the woman to see if her fur might be soft and if not, well then she’d have to recommend a product or few. Any further details fell short as the man couldn’t admit to much beyond passing conversations at best, the girl just about as new as Shade to Infinity Hydra – hell he still didn’t know that the various plush creatures she toted around could come to life at their or her whims so the mage wouldn’t fault him for that. They needed to deal with a local mage going around causing issues, for some reason assaulting people on the claims of "demonhood" and the like, as well as merely going around proclaiming his name as "GARY MOTHER FUCKING-SALAMANDER OAK" and often leaving people burnt and injured with a simple farewell of "SMELL YA LATER!" He sounded like an odd fellow, though supposedly this was a bit out of the norm for him as the youth generally helped the people. So they needed to figure out what was up with "Gary Mother-Fucking-Salamander Oak" and soon before more suffered at his hands.

They hadn’t a chance to meet before arriving here since Shade hadn’t exactly been home at the time, out wandering as per usual. It’d been happenstance she turned out to be nearby when the request for help came into the guild and the man frantically tried to find people to respond quickly so relocating was easy even if a bit annoying in her opinion. ’Still not sure why someone else couldn’t do it…but I guess I get to meet an interesting person.’ Being only part animal herself she had a few questions for the girl, curious on the differences in life because Shade could at least hide her ears and tails, but she imagined Brandy held no such luck. Did she have issues with the public? Did they have issues with her? What about styles of clothes, what fashion did she like? Where on the spectrum from raw to well-done did she take her steaks? ’Though…well-done’s close to a chunk of charcoal so…surely she prefers at least medium if not towards the juicier…rare…spectrum…’ The rabbit in her arm giggled quietly, able to listen to the mental flow as Shade’s attention drifted from her partner to food, though its body betrayed no sign of movement.

”You should keep an eye out…your attention’s drifting again,” a low voice warned, snapping the girl from her thoughts, ”wouldn’t be well to miss her simply because you were daydreaming about lunch, now would it?”

Properly chastised her downcast, magenta eyes turning to stare are the dark fox form of Amarylis, the unusual denizen approaching from behind. Red eyes scouted around, trying to see if perhaps Shade already missed her during her daydreams. ”Well with any luck she knows to look for the one dressed in white…and possibly holding a toy.

If she hadn’t considered Amarylis as a mother figure, Shade might’ve bopped her on the head, instead settling for a pout as she further squeezed Haigha in her stuffed form.

[868/2,750]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

BrandyMartin
    BrandyMartin

Player 
    Lineage : Seductor's Touch
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Experience : 62.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Flame Soul
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Gary Oak's Freakout [Job/Brandy] Empty Re: Gary Oak's Freakout [Job/Brandy]

Post by BrandyMartin 29th February 2016, 11:56 am

Brandy's lush tail swished in the red train seat, indicating her irritation. She was adorned for battle, wearing her burgundy Infinity Hydra leather armor and combat boots and Zeus sat quietly underneath her, taking up the entire floor allotted for this set of train seats. "Can't this thing go any faster?" she barked. She didn't intend for her outburst to be quite as loud as it was, but people from around the train car glared in her direction and whispered to one another. Good job Brandy, she thought to herself. Now more people think you're just an animal.

After an elongated sigh, Brandy quelled her frustration. She stared out of the window to her left observing the beauty of the tiny buds of flowers of the embryonic stages of spring. Brandy bowed her head, closed her eyes, and clenched her hands into fists as she thought about the job that the mayor from Oak Town posted. A fire-make wizard by the name of Gary Oak, who now calls himself "Gary Mother-Fucking-Salamander Oak," was once one of Oak Town's most renowned and helpful wizard, but now he was ferociously attacking innocent townsfolk, almost to the point of killing them. Brandy suspected that some form of mind control magic was involved. Be with me gods of Earthland, she prayed. This is my first mission and people's lives are at stake. Perhaps I shouldn't have grabbed a C rank mission right away, but I couldn't just sit there while people are being burned to a crisp!

A familiar ding echoed through Brandy's sensitive ears and a voice announced, "We are arriving at Oak Town Station. Please take your bags and exit the train in an orderly fashion."

With an enormous amount of pent up energy, Brandy released a noisy cheer. "Finally!" She quickly gathered her purse, bow, and quiver and scurried to the exit with Zeus in tow.

"Hey!" a man shouted in a gruff tone as Brandy bumped into him.

She looked over her shoulder and waved a hand at him. "Sorry about that," she apologized. "I'm in a hurry."

As Brandy rushed down the train steps, she heard the man holler, "You mangy flea bag!"

Brandy rolled her eyes at the insult and thought, Can't they be a little more creative than that? The more the people of Fiore try to offend her, the more she makes a game out of it. Brandy affectionately calls it, Who will come up with something unique first? She promised that whenever she met someone that actually said something that bothered her, she would buy them a drink.

Finally arriving at the train station, she looked around for what the bartender described a young, white-haired girl wearing cotton-white clothes. Cielle was her name and she always carried a plethora of stuffed animals. Brandy worried about her comrade, wondering if a job involving life and death would be too much for someone so innocent. But the bartender assured her that Cielle was a C rank wizard and could take care of herself. Brandy chuckled. If she's C rank, maybe she'll have to save me.

After several minutes of searching, Brandy spotted the ghostly girl and ran over to her. "Hi, sorry I'm late. I had to walk to Shirotsume to find a train that traveled to Oak Town. There has to be a better way to get to places from Terra Ignis." Without hesitating, her expression turned serious and she gestured Cielle to follow her. "Come on! We have no time to waste. We may already be too late. Let's go find the client and mayor and talk to him." Brandy's eyes trailed to Cielle's chocolate-brown stuffed rabbit that she held snug in her arms. With a grin, Brandy blurted out, "Aww, so cute! Can I touch him?"

[632/2,750]

Last edited by BrandyMartin on 1st March 2016, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cielle
    Cielle

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Cielle 1st March 2016, 1:55 am

Someone absolutely interesting raced over to her, the woman far better than Shade’s imagination could’ve possibly cooked up that she stared with wide eyes at the excited woman for a moment with a child-like wonder. Oh gods she desperately wanted to pet her to see if she was as soft as she looked, but a nudge from Amarylis reminded the mage that there were better times for that as well as dazing out. ”It’s no trouble, it’s a bit of an emergency after all and I just happened to be in the area,” she supplied with a smile while following the woman. The next comment confused her though, forgetting that not everyone knew what she knew, ”Sure…but Haigha’s a girl…”

Well okay it wasn’t completely true as the denizens weren’t truly one or the other, she simply associated them with a gender.

Regardless she held out one of the floppy, long ears of the chocolate stuffed bunny for the woman to pet as they made their way towards the mayor’s office to get some proper details on the situation. As she allowed the woman to pet her plushy friend manners clicked back into her mind – mostly at the prodding of the large, dark, fox-like creature with her with a mental nudging and her voice piped up, ”My name’s Shade by the way. Do you prefer to be called Brandy or something else?” She had no idea that the bartender had slipped up and offered Cielle’s real name to the woman, the girl preferring to offer her middle name to other’s at first.

They’d barely make it down the main shopping road before a scream rang out in the air. People stopped what they were doing as three men stood before a fallen gentleman, smoke rising from his chest where a hole formed from the disintegrating ashes of his shirt, skin darkened with scorch marks as he groaned. A woman crouched next to him, the source of the scream when they’d released the small fire blast at her lover. Her attention split between worry for the injured man and the three mages – weak as they may be – as they looked ready to fire another shot at any moment.

”C’mon demon scum, we know you’re just faking! Reveal yourself to these good people!” the middle one yelled, hand out and still smoking a little from the spell. All three appeared intense from the accusation, though disturbingly honest in their demands and accusations. As the woman pleaded their case his voice rang out again, ”Silence woman! If you’re defending him then you must be one too! Fooling all these good people! Unless…unless they’re all demons too!”

’Hmm….he doesn’t match the description,’ Shade thought as her steps ceased and eyebrows knit in a slight frown, ’but there was mention of a “posse” for this Gary Oak fellow. Hopefully he’s not too far if his cronies are nearby?’ Eyes narrowed Shade made sure her partner remained close enough before whispering, ”We may not even have time to meet the mayor...at least it’d be wise to deal with them first…and no telling if their head honcho isn’t too far behind.” How lovely that would be too, though she wondered what caused the gentleman to consider these people “demons” of all things? ’Maybe they got stiffed on a deal?’

[555]
    [1,423/2,750]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

BrandyMartin
    BrandyMartin

Player 
    Lineage : Seductor's Touch
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Experience : 62.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Flame Soul
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by BrandyMartin 1st March 2016, 9:29 pm

The enigmatic girl seemed perplexed by Brandy's question. ”Sure…but Haigha’s a girl…”

Brandy hesitated for a moment and chuckled nervously. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't know," she apologized. She bent down until she was eye level with the stuffed rabbit and she smiled. "So your name's Haigha, huh?" Brandy felt a little odd talking to a stuffed animal, but seeing that her teammate was keen on naming her toys, Brandy wondered if she would appreciate someone else playing along with her innocent game. Brandy guessed that many, if not all of the Infinity Hydra members lacked the patience to play make believe with a little girl.

"Come on, Zeus," she spoke in a chipper tone. The boxer eagerly followed at Brandy's left side, his nub wagging. As Brandy and the child walked down the train station and into the edges of Oak Town, Brandy noticed that Haigha was no ordinary stuffed rabbit. As she stroked Haigha's long, dark ears,  she felt the bunny give off a small amount of magic energy. Is this some type of magic item? she questioned. I can't wait to see how this little girl uses it in battle.

”My name’s Shade by the way. Do you prefer to be called Brandy or something else?”

Dang! I forgot to introduce myself. The vixen grinned at the little girl and said, "It's nice to meet you Shade. Yes, you can call me Brandy."

Brandy and Shade paced through the shopping district when they heard a strident scream echo through the town. Brandy's ears twitched and she shouted, "It sounds like trouble! Come on!" The two comrades turned a left corner when they saw a man lay on the hard, Oak Town pavement, his chest scorched by a fire spell. Furious, Brandy asked one of the three wizards responsible as he prepared another fire-make spell in his hands, "What's the meaning of this?"

”C’mon demon scum, we know you’re just faking! Reveal yourself to these good people!”

A woman knelt next to the fallen civilian. She possessed a stunned expression and a fountain of tears sprung from her eyes. "P-Please," she murmured, "don't do this Michael. You've always been such a good boy."

Brandy's eyes narrowed. Something doesn't add up. There must be some mind control going on.

Enraged, the fire-make wizard screamed, ”Silence woman! If you’re defending him then you must be one too! Fooling all these good people! Unless…unless they’re all demons too!”

"Demons? What nonsense! These people aren't demons." Brandy said to Shade.

”We may not even have time to meet the mayor...at least it’d be wise to deal with them first…and no telling if their head honcho isn’t too far behind,” Shade replied in a whisper.

A confident grin grew on Brandy's vanilla-white muzzle. She curled her right hand into a fist and stuck the palm of her left with bravado. "I couldn't agree more. These idiots give fire magic a bad name. Perhaps it's time I show them what real fire magic can do." Brandy flung her arms down almost to her side and announced, "Partial Takeover: Flame Vixen Arms! Flame Vixen Legs!" In a dazzling array of oranges and reds, Brandy's four limbs ignited into an incandescent blaze that would make a volcano envious. Her claws morphed into dancing flames the resembled lit candles and her digitigrade feet slowly rose off the ground until she hovered about six inches in the air. Two small charcoal colored circles graced the cobblestone where Brandy's flame feet had been standing, indicating the sheer heat the spell emitted. Readying her fits for battle, Brandy called, "Shade, Zeus and I will deal with the two on the right. You take the one on the left. Come on boy!"

The three fire-make wizards heard Brandy's commotion and watched in horror as her very body caught on fire. Each of them prepared offensive spells in their hands, but because of the superior speed Flame Vixen Legs gave Brandy, the vixen was inches away from them in seconds preparing two fiery punches for both of their faces. Zeus trailed behind. This is it, Brandy thought. This is finally my chance to prove myself to a superior wizard like Shade.

Brandy's left fist passes right through the middle wizard's face, his head searing from the intense flame. "Ow! Ow! Ow! Hot!" he cried. Much like the man he victimized minutes earlier, he collapsed in the street.

Unfortunately, Brandy's right first missed her target, but Zeus was quick with a follow-up attack. The right fire-make wizard had no time to react, distracted by Brandy's twirling embers. With his impressive muscle mass, Zeus tackled the wizard and pinned his chest to the ground. He growled ferociously, showing off his sharp, intimidating canine teeth. "I surrender! I surrender! the fire wizard begged.

[Mp:80]

[799]
    [1,431/2,750]
    Cielle
    Cielle

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Cielle 2nd March 2016, 5:30 am

Under normal circumstances their party certainly stood out between the vixen female and the teenaged girl toting around her stuffed companion, but in the heat of the moment they were overlooked. The people couldn’t be bothered to notice the two mages as the boys started up another confusing rampage, having once been stable and actually helpful members of the community before they’d started these unpredictable attacks. They’d been overlooked at least right up until Brandy decided to really fire up the situation, causing Shade to take a startled step away from her – last thing she wanted was to be burned much less allow Haigha’s stuffed form to suffer any damage.

Well, if she wanted to take on two with her adorable canine sidekick, who was Shade to argue? Luckily for everyone involved – especially the man managing to get to his feet after their earlier attack – these three…weren’t much to look at, much less fight. If anything they acted a bit like kids, one fellow going down after a scratch to the face in a fit and the other smartly surrendered to the boxer, the canine properly representing its powerful name in its speedy takedown.

The third gentleman, having watched one friend fall to the fiery female and the other to the intimidating dog who didn’t balk at the sign of magic, seemed to rethink his whole involvement in this trouble despite the veil over his eyes. Self-preservation was a hard instinct to fully kick as he turned about, fully intent on fleeing the scene until two shots rang out in the air clear as day and he hit the ground as two impacts struck. Eyes turned to view the source, staring in slight shock at the teenaged girl and her bunny rabbit hanging in the crook of an arm as a waft of smoke escaped the barrel of the gun. She’d summoned only one of the pistols, not bothering to deal with the blade attachments before firing on the fellow and clocking him in the back of the knee and head. Just as worry started growing for the young lad their heads swiveled around as groans could be heard from him, a hand slowly and awkwardly rubbing the back of his noggin.

”Impact shots, nothing more,” she pouted, knowing they’d doubted her. Truth be told…Shade didn’t particularly care one way or the other what happened to them, but if the bartender fellow had been keen to impress upon her that these boys had been good people up until recently then…obviously killing or harming them might fall in the realm of excessive. So she’d treat them like misbehaving children as she walked up to the lad, the mislead man managing to get to his hands and knees before she bopped him on the head with the butt of the pistol and he fell back down for a proper nap. Nobody would envy the bruises he’d sport for the next few days, much less the headache he’d deal with upon awakening.

Only one of them remained in some proper form of coherence, the other lackey still rolling on the ground yelling “Ow!” and cupping his marred face. ’Impressive…’ she decided, staring Brandy’s altered form up and down before nodding in approval and turning her attention to the man beneath Zeus. ”You. Talk: where’s your boss-“

”GARY MOTHER-FUCKIN-SALAMANDER OAK IN THE HIZOUSE!”

Well…that both finished her question and answered it, the shout forcing out a jolt of surprise from the short teen as she spun about. There stood Gary Oak in all his glory, the man having donned a pair of shades to further his “badassitude” with the long, blue coat and it’s curious design, unbuttoned to reveal a simple black t-shirt underneath and tan pants. Thanks to the sunglasses one couldn’t see the odd way his eyes glowed with a reddish tint as the spell continued to work its magic on the young and once upstanding man. Instead a simple douchebag armed with strong fire magic stood before them, hands on his hips and sneer in place, ”And it’s time to take out the trash, starting with the new demons in town trying to pass yourselves off as some foxy ladies….” Holding his shades in place he paused, obviously staring more intently at them now before shrugging, ”Well…you didn’t have to be literal about it, but I guess I’ll give you extra points for making a literally honest man outta me. Sorry demons, but I gotta protect my peeps back home!”

He punctuated his declaration with a punching action, launching a trio of fireballs in their direction and uncaring that the same people he intended to protect might get caught in the blast.

[784]
    [2,207/2,750]

Cielle
    Cielle

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Cielle 22nd May 2016, 1:13 am

”Get these people to safety,” came the oddly authoritative tone. Giving orders came somewhat naturally to her, the girl having controlled the people of her realm for the past few hundred years. Admittedly though she didn’t generally hand them out to the living, enjoying their freedom and choices, but she liked Brandy. There was something about the spirited foxy mage she enjoyed, so she’d see to it that the woman’s first job with Infinity Hydra came to a success. However too many targets continued to litter the streets, inhibiting them with the appearance of Gary “Mother-Fucking-Salamander” Oak on the scene and cronies likely to come in at any time. ”And keep them safe.”

Orders laid down she sincerely hoped the woman would adhere to them, not sporting the opportunity really to babysit her with the man already firing attacks off willy-nilly. ’So it’s true, he really can’t see that he’s attacking his people.’ He spoke of keeping them safe from demons, but as far as Shade knew not a person in this crowd – Brandy and self-included – matched that description. Sure her true abilities might be a bit questionable and the animalistic woman may initially incline people to think otherwise…but no, not a soul here actually was a demon. ’Unless maybe the town actually is…nope, no time to ponder ironies.’

The plus side of her ally appeared to be in her fiery capabilities, hopefully able to help mitigate some of the confused fellow’s attacks away from people while Shade focused purely on him. Pistol in hand, she started firing shots off that the man, forcing him to move rather than stand there with that cocky disposition of his – was that part of the illusion too? – and ultimately missing them all. With a laugh he called out, ”Ha! Looks like someone needs to go to the range! Not that someone as awesome as I will allow it!”

About to send out a stream of fire, Shade flung her hand towards a barrel nearby, causing wine to explode out in front of her and take the brunt of the blow. Steam filled the air as well as the smell of burnt wine, the purple clouds parting quickly to reveal nothing but a scorch mark where the fire struck cobblestone. ”What?! Damn tricky pests!” The lines barely left before he jumped backwards, a pair of chains weaving through the air in an attempt to grab at the wily brunette. However more confidence burst through his veins, lips twisting in a half-grin as he knocked them away with a pair of fireballs, standing where he’d been originally without realizing it, ”That all ya got?! Gonna take a lot more than that to defeat THE GARY MOTHER-F-“

Something snagged around his leg, the man looking down to see a white, glowing tendril of sorts latched around his leg and climbing fast. Before his hand could try to point towards it something else latched on, causing the fireball to misfire and scorch a corner of a building. Too late he realized as the substance wrapped around his body from multiple fronts, winding its way around him and preventing movement, though confusion set in as he watched leaves sprouting here and there. ’Ivy?!’ ”GAH!” It pulled him against a wall, knocking some of the wind from him as it started to harden in place, leaving the man stuck.

Before more words could fling out of that mouth the white haired girl pointed and watched with a bit of delight as another branch wove itself over his face, securing itself between his teeth as a gag. ’Best to shut him up before other puns or silly things slip out. Now…’

Eyes narrowed as they scanned around, some people not yet cleared from the area though…it would seem they’d taken on an interesting, blank look to their faces.

”Bra~vo, well done to you.”

Shade watched as Gary appeared to lose some vigor, groaning a bit from where he’d been plastered to the wall. A cloaked figure walked out from around a corner, raising her suspicions because…well…either he was cocky enough to show himself or a poor choice of a bad guy. Still there he stood, with a couple of the citizens forming a small wall between them, likely ready to intercept an attack in his stead as he grinned down at her from atop the plaza steps. ”I’m afraid though I can’t let either of you fine ladies leave this area-“ Shade wondered if some of Gary’s lines came from this fellow’s personality instead ”-but it’s been a good test otherwise.”

This guy wouldn’t –likely- be as easy to trick, and now she’d need to avoid the citizens as well. So she did the only sensible thing: she chucked her stuffed rabbit at the man.

Over the heads he sailed, the man laughing at the ploy before noticing something odd. ’Wasn’t it brown earlier?’

Once he’d cleared the heads of the others the vanilla rabbit expanded quickly into a giant, white rabbit, fist cocked back before it slammed directly into the man’s face. Wide grin locked in place, Desa looked quite pleased with the solid blow even though nothing about his face changed, the grin and beady eyes in place even as the oversized fists locked above his head and then swung downwards where the man had been.

They slammed fruitlessly into the hard ground, the rabbit barely hunched as his head turned to stare at his target.

”Brandy! Subdue the people but don’t hurt them! Well, as much as possible!” the short mage yelled before giving chase, both hands now sporting identical pistols since she’d already lobbed her stuffed companion. She’d have to trust the other woman in this instance, sure she could take care of a few people. Shade’s clothing changed, an almost cheongsam-esque black dress covering her even as the white jacket altered form over it, dark leggings turning white with a few black designs akin to the ones on Desa, parts of her boots turning black and lengthening to her knees. However she neither gained the facial mask nor the loop the lanky rabbit sported, though her hair restyled itself into two long ponytails, the thin twin brains lumped up into them.

Knocking some of the people aside – gently as possible, but she really needed them out of the way – Shade saw that Desa managed to push the fellow further and further away, the denizen constantly hounding the man as he tried to keep some sort of distance between them. However try as he might the man couldn’t fully keep away from the lanky white rabbit, blocking what he could with solid shadowy creations. She smirked as she saw a spot of worry cross the man’s face when a couple of extra rabbits appeared, the denizen “cloning” himself in the eyes of the manipulator. She pushed her luck a bit though, creating clones as well, causing the man to feel overwhelmed.

A shriek of surprise left her as the cloaked man created a floor of shadows that erupted into a multitude of spikes, easily clearing away the extras. The real duet found themselves finally pushed back, spots of blood now dotting Shade’s white getup while scratches and tears appeared in Desa. Unlike organic beings however the denizens from Shade’s realm didn’t sport any “liquid of life” and left him clean aside for dirt, grin remaining securely in place even as the brawling bunny kicked himself back into a standing position.

”I’ll give you points for numbers, but I’m afraid you lack true ability unlike me!” the man boasted as confidence returned, a few dark chuckles rumbling out, ”I’m not all parlor tricks like you so don’t even think you can compete on my level!”

”Ah…is that so?” An equally twisted grin slipped onto her face, causing the man’s to lose some luster, ”I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard things along those lines. I guess to some degree humans don’t change, do they? Always cocky until the bitter end.”

The mysterious man’s expression hardened beneath the shadows of his cloak, teeth gritting even as he mentally built himself back up. There was no reason to let this little girl plant doubt in himself now. Who was she anyways? He’d never heard of her! And yet here she stood talking like some sort of big shot, well phooey on that! Maybe he’d make her a pawn for a bit, see how she liked that! Confidence resurged through him to the point he laughed as the pair again charged at him: easily handled. In the midst of their dash he set out two waves of shadows to flank them, a multitude of spikes jutting out to spear them and lock them into place. The sight caused him to guffaw in triumph, belly rumbling pleasurably with victory only to cut mid jiggle.

It came as a swift sense of déjà vu, except he could still see the speared pair even as the two ran, this time jumping up and running along the spikes at him. Disbelief washed over him like a spontaneous downpour, the “dead” pair slowly fading away before his eyes. Was it more clones? Except the girl’s guns disappeared, the current version of her sporting a sword she sunk through his stomach as the pointed fingers of the rabbit sunk into soft flesh as well. They’d avoided his second defense, sloppy as it’d been, the rabbit jumping higher even as Shade ducked below the single pair of spikes that tried to lodge them in place.

”I won’t give you the time to learn: I wouldn’t want you becoming a thorn in my side after all,” she jeered after the field of prickly constructs they avoided. Shade’s voice remained low so that it wouldn’t carry on the wind to anybody else, the man in too much shock from pain and fear of death to respond, ”but fret not: I rarely kill.” Confusion ebbed in slowly, mixing with the pain and fear, expression turning a bit incredulous as her hands continued to hold the sword piercing his belly and the accompanying speared fingers of her companion. Then he felt it as his body began to alter and contort, eyes widening again in horror of mystery of what might become of him.

Within seconds he’d become little more than a small sphere in the palm of her hand comprised of every piece of the man: body, mind, and soul. Staring down into the opalescent sphere filling her palm a distance overtook her, ”After all: you’ll live on. The only mystery is whether you’ll be added like food to an existing denizen or granted the honor of becoming the basis of a new one. Though…something tells me you’ll be little more than food.”

Throwing the orb into the air she watched as in that rare moment Desa’s face changed, the toothy grin parting and the tall beast eating the thing hole, not even a swallowing motion made as it became absorbed. ’Well I guess we best let a Mr. Oak free and see to the people. Would be best to not leave Brandy to worry either…’ As her clothes changed back she figured the latter might be impossible as blood still stained parts of her wardrobe, but for the most part she shrugged it off: she liked that quality about white.

Though she would be surprised to learn that Gary Oak’s personality had not been altered in any way by their foe, face palming as odd lines escaped his mouth. ’Well, at least he doesn’t think anybody’s a demon anymore…’

END

[1,937]
    [4,144/2,750]

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 6:13 am