Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Battle of Two Girls(Ivy vs. Sorano)

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Speculo (former)
    Experience : 779,415

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Advanced Solid Script
    Second Skill: Aura Manipulation
    Third Skill: N/A

A Battle of Two Girls(Ivy vs. Sorano) Empty A Battle of Two Girls(Ivy vs. Sorano)

Post by ivyleaf33 13th November 2015, 11:20 pm

Sorano stood inside the arena uncertainly, waiting for her opponent. Her hands trembled with excitement, and though she wouldn't admit it, the girl was scared. She was dueling someone she had never before met from a dark guild, and honestly, she had not idea what to expect. All she knew, was that her opponents name was Ivy, Ivy Kissos.

The arena she stood in was quite beautiful, with a sturdy-feeling stone floor with ornamental patterns engraved into it. The boundaries were marked by pillars that seemed to reach into the sky forever, patterned similarly to the floor. The arena was quite large, stretching almost stretching about 100 something meters in diameter, and the letter mage stood right in the middle of it all. Her exceed companion, Hoshi, perched on her shoulder, meowing her concerns at Sorano. "What is she's too strong? What is she has these amazing weapons? Wh-what if she has , like, invincible armor?!?!" she squeaked.

"Calm down, Hoshi-chan, I-I'm sure I won't fail miserably at least, her magic power should be similar to mine," Sorano replied. The young mage had dressed in plain leggings with a simple blue tunic over the top. She wanted to be able to move to her full extent, so she had passed up her usual knee-length dress. However, her sandals were still the same, tightly-laced leather footware, sturdy and strong. Her hair had been braided and coiled tightly against her head with a stem of thrones braided into it to prevent hair-pulling, though she doubted it would actually happen. "It's gonna be all right, Hoshi."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Battle of Two Girls(Ivy vs. Sorano) B2WXv4aK_o
    sorano granon | solid script | aura manipulation | bank | armory
    i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Demon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 1543.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

A Battle of Two Girls(Ivy vs. Sorano) Empty Re: A Battle of Two Girls(Ivy vs. Sorano)

Post by Shipping Goddess 19th November 2015, 1:52 pm

Ivy walked along the road, preparing for her battle. The fairy on her head rested, trying to loosen her nerves a bit, for a battle wasn't neccesarily something she liked for Ivy, and she seemed to want to do nothing but fight. Be it monsters on a job, or people in the arena, Ivy couldn't keep her hands away from danger, and one of these days Nana was sure it'd end up killing her.

"So-Ra-No?" Ivy tried pronouncing the name on the sheet of paper in her hand, the paper that showed a small little note on the person she'd be facing, the name and guild, and what the rules of the duel are. They couldn't kill one another, nothing different, and that'd be it. A free duel. Ivy looked up, startling the fairy a bit. "Nana, pronounce this for me please." The fairy flew down and looked at the paper. "Sorano, that'll be your opponent. Hope they're not too strong..." Ivy beamed at the thought of a strong enemy, and darted into the arena, stopping once she reached her entrance. She then slowly walked out, finding her opponent accross from her. Not quite as young as Ivy, but Ivy's opponent was still young nonetheless. This was a fairy tail wizard hmm? Well Ivy kept her blade in its sheath, and began walking forward, waving furiously to the opponent.

"HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!" Ivy yelled. "I'm Ivy, your opponent! Hope you'll be as strong as your guild is made to be!" Nana the fairy changed into a wind spirit, positioning herself above Ivy's head, but still behind Ivy. That way Ivy could protect her, and she can protect Ivy. These two were a team.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Battle of Two Girls(Ivy vs. Sorano) M7mHyEw
    A Battle of Two Girls(Ivy vs. Sorano) CKWpl03
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet

A Battle of Two Girls(Ivy vs. Sorano) Empty Re: A Battle of Two Girls(Ivy vs. Sorano)

Post by ivyleaf33 19th November 2015, 11:44 pm

"Ah, she's here!" Sorano gasped, biting her lip as she sensed a whirling aura come through. Turning, she could see a young girl. A really young girl. Ivy looked to be around eight, and didn't seem like she could harm a fly. But if the form had said that this girl was C ranked? Ivy had to be fairly powerful.

However, the second Sorano turned to face Ivy, her entire demeanor changed. Going from a way too nervous twelve-year-old's expression, to a mask that showed absolutely no emotion. Nodding at Ivy, Sorano replied to the girl's comment. "Hello, Kissos-san, I am Sorano Granon, and this is my exceed companion who will be supporting me, by the name of Hoshi. It's nice to meet you," she said calmly, showing no indication of being nervous at all. "Your guild sounds quite formidable as well."

However, inside Sorano was extremely surprised at the chaos of the girl's aura. A normal child off her age would have a relatively simple aura, with only around three or four colors swirling in it. However, Ivy's aura seemed absolutely random, with no particular emotion standing out, something only seen in an emotionally unstable human. Unless Ivy wasn't human. But then, there was probably a reason she was in a dark guild, like Basilisk Fang. Keeping it in mind, Sorano asked Ivy, "Um, would you like to start? I have no experience in dueling, so forgive me if I am not too knowledgeable." Even for a bookworm like Sorano, she had never been very interested in the topic of dueling.

i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Demon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shipping Goddess 20th November 2015, 1:35 pm

Ivy perked up, this person was letting her go first! This was different, but Ivy decided to take this opprotunity. Nana began to feel something different from Ivy however, something she had never felt before. "Well here's step one! Hit! Step two! Hit! Step three,,," Ivy stopped, and her aura changed. Instead of a holy white aura like normal, it was black and red, and shimmered a little. Her body looked like a phantasm, ..."You win." Ivy's voice changed, whilst it still sounded like Ivy's regular voice, it had a certain tint to it, like royalty, like a goddess. Ivy's point of view changed, as the world around her shattered, replaced with a blood red sky, and the arena around her looked like rubble built into a circular wall, however because no one else but the spectators were around, Ivy knew who sorano was, despite her looking much like a Phantom like the rest. This was only Ivy's point of view however, Sorano would only see the black and red aura surrounding her.

Ivy put her hands to the floor, and the floor seemed to shatter open, and an orange light came out from it. "Phantom, come out to play with us!" She said as a ghost-like figure appeared from the hole, and moaned like a zombie. It followed Ivy to the center of the arena, within close proximity to Sorano, however Ivy took her time, not wanting to ruin the fun of the duel. Finally, once the two were within 10 meters of Sorano, the Phantom lunged at her, using it's blighted talons of claws to attempt to slash at Sorano's chest, the essence of fear dripping off of it's hands. However Ivy didn't stop there, she performed a horizontal slashing motion with her right arm, and said the words "Giant's Dance," and within a split second, a vortex of white wind tunneled forward, going 15 meters forward. If successful, Sorano's movement would be slowed, and would be cut up constantly by the raging wind. This was done to give Ivy a tactical edge, chose to avoid the phantom, or avoid the vortex spell.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    HP: 300 (150% due to lineage)
    MP: 75%
    CDs: none
    Durations: 1/2 for Phantom, 1/3 for Giant Dance
    Possible Damage Done: 50 (10 for Giant's Dance, 40 for Phantom Lunge)
    Spells Used:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Fear Effect Description: "the opponent hallucinates about some crazy thing that may potentially kill them, be it them being ignited on fire, a horde of black widow spiders climbing and biting them, etc. (All dependent on what you fear, but deals no damage)"
    Buffs: 10% speed increase, 6 damage reduction to C rank and lower spells, halve time on poisons, burns etc, 4% HP regeneration

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 20th November 2015, 5:51 pm

OOC: Sorry to ask his, but could you finish approving my magic? I'm not sure if some of the spells used here will still work since they were new edits...))

Suddenly, everything seemed to change. Ivy's voice changed, and Sorano guessed this was because of the girl's auric change, in which her aura had abruptly changed from a fairly human one, albeit a bit chaotic, to one that seemed to show no emotion at all, just a swirl of red and black. Though it was unexpected from such a young girl, Ivy was in a dark guild and so all this dark power made sense. A normal person would only see a ring of the auric fire around the girl, but Sorano could see it sharp and clear, seeming to engulf the girl with her auric sight. Immediately, she was on her guard.

"S-sorano-chan! Be careful! The girl looks s-scary!" Hoshi wailed, ever worried as normal, and even more so now that her friend was fighting a seemingly very strong opponent.

Sure enough, soon, a phantom-like creature came out of nowhere, engulfing Sorano's senses with it's aura, oozing with fear. The girl had to blink several times to dullen the auric input from it, so she could think more clearly. As it lunged at her, Sorano had already written out a preparatory spell behind her back, and now released it at the phantom, saying, "Solid Script: Wind!" Words made of wind energy would slam into the phantom, but barely before Sorano even released her counterattack, her young opponent had already cast another spell, a wind spell as well that surrounded Sorano in wind. From the phantom's fear attack, Sorano saw images of Nikolyn, standing, and flames and ashes swirling into the air. All events from the past. Sorano remembered her emotional control training with Anna, and slowly wiped the images from her mind, a tiny bit shaky, but not too bad. (Sorano's natural personality shows she isn't much effected by emotions.)

Wincing at the feeling, Sorano slammed herself to the ground to avoid some of the wind, her mind racing. First of all, she had to locate her opponent. That was simple enough, as though the wind obscured her vision, she could see glimpses of Ivy's overwhelming aura. Then, to counterattack or get out. Sorano considered her choices, water? Air? Oil? Lightning? Air might support her in pushing her way out, but lighting's brute force might deal some damage to Ivy, even inside this windstorm. Water would do no good, but oil might get sprayed onto Ivy by the windstorm, and Sorano herself was immune to it. Making her decision, she hoped it was a right choice. Though the spell had never been used except to slow opponents down, who knew? "Solid Script: Oil!" Her hands flying through the air, Sorano wrote out the spell, throwing the oil in Ivy's general direction and ducking back down with her armshield over her head.

Stats:

Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shipping Goddess 2nd December 2015, 2:59 pm

(Sorry once again for taking so long. Had IRL shiz to do, plus your post left me really confused.)

Ivy, once she activated her Giant's Dance, was soon engulved in oil. The black liquid splashed all over her, and continued to fly all around the windstorm. It didn't hurt, and her body was resiliant enough to not take enough damage to be really harmed, plus her body naturally healed all the damage that was naturally taken. Ivy soon came to a sudden realization: She was stuck now, seeing as she couldn't get out of her vortex, so Ivy turned to her fairy, and yelled over the swirling winds "Nana! Condense a hurricane!" She yelled it out, earning a nod as a response from the fairy. The fairy started swirling wind around in front of its face, then shot it out quickly at the girl that was Ivy's opponent. The swirling ball, should it connect with either the pet or the girl, would expand, tearing apart and cutting up the young girl / pet. Ivy herself began to hold her hand out, aiming for the girl. She herself couldn't leave the vortex, but her arms are still usable. With her arm surrounding itself in red and black fear energy, she fired a quick bolt of what looked like red lightning, or red plasma, at the girl. The bolt shot wasn't large at all, and just flew in a straight line towards her. Once again the essence of fear itself lingered on the bolt. As it would clash with her body, should it, it'd put the same sort of fear effect as did the previous attack from the Malevolent Phantom.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
    HP: 300
    MP: 65%
    Possible Damage Done: 25 (15 from pet, 10 from fear attack)
    All buffs same

Last edited by Kissos on 10th December 2015, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 2nd December 2015, 11:00 pm

OOC: Sorry about it, I always end up writing everything I'm thinking down and it's all a big mess in the end. xD And to clear things up, Hoshi is a non-combat pet. Since I don't know how big the ball is, I'm just making it small enough that Sora can dodge it. If not, I can change my post.))

Scowling when the attempt made no difference, besides clouding the whole place up with oil, Sorano began to feel highly frustrated. She began to pull herself forward slowly, flat on the ground, trying to get close to Ivy. With most mages, they were immune to or stayed away from their spells. She guessed there was an airspace in which the other girl was, and Sorano would be safer there. As she was clawing her way there, a vortex of wind shot at her.

Not having enough time to write up a counterattack, Sorano's eyes quickly measures the speed and size of the ball, then rolled, diggin her shield in the ground to support her, just a few inches from where the ball of wind would land. She could feel the deadly lashing wind from the fairy's attack as it slowly faded off, but the letter mage had no time to react as Ivy shot a deadly looking plasma thingy at her, one that radiated an aura of fear.

Raising her shield, Sorano scribbled a spell behind it and released it as the thingy fell, four flaming letters would whoosh together into one huge flame that raced in the direction of the plasma thingy and Ivy. Wincing as the fear tickled her mind, Sorano shut off her emotion again, which was quite easy due to years of practice being completely aloof.

What was bad, though, was the fact Ivy had her completely on her defensive. Though she had resisted her spells so far, this wind tunnel was a problem. Even now, Sorano was slowly inching towards Ivy. Only about a yard remained, and the letter mage could occasionally make out the girl's feet. Slowly, she pulled out a dart, and when she got close enough, she slashed it down into Ivy's leg before collapsing, clutching at the ground a foot away from the wind mage.

Stats:

Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shipping Goddess 10th December 2015, 2:51 pm

Ivy, now feeling the near end of the giants dance, saw a ball of fire come towards her. The wind slowed it down enough so that she could brace herself, holding her arms up and being hit by the fireball. The damage wasn't as much as she thought it to be, however it didn't change the fact that she was still being hit. Afterwards a dart struck her, and the same outcome occured.

"Angelic Wind Seraph Dance!" Ivy slashed her hand again, and the wind manifested itself into five small spears. Each of the spears were launched at the girl, in a Dice-type manner. One was in the center, one a meter to the left, one a meter to the right, one a meter above, and one a meter below. Each of the spears would do its own damage, however the damage wouldn't stack up. This was just used to push her opponent back a tiny bit more until the Giant's Dance could run out, and then Ivy could return to the battle at hand. She couldn't play defensive, so she had to stall whilst this windstorm held her at bay. She wanted to go full offense but this was holding her back, so she had to conserve mana as well. This was the best strategy.

Nana however wasn't playing the same strategy that Ivy was. Nana flew next to Ivy, and summoned a 30-meter wide vortex from the ground up to 20 meters in the air, a vortex of rapidly spinning winds that could be compared with the current spell Ivy was using. The winds would, as Ivy's other spell did, slice up dealing constant damage to Sorano, as the vortex coupled with Ivy's spell made for a good combination of area control, either forcing Sorano back or letting Sorano be constantly damaged.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    HP: 295 (reduced your fire spell by half due to it clashing with my own, and then factored in my regen and defense buff to the total damage being 5)
    MP: 65%
    Possible Damage Done: 20 from pet ability. 40 from Signature spell
    All buffs same

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 10th December 2015, 11:52 pm

OOC: I'm not sure if the spears are that easy to dodge, but from what you have written down it seems that way. Please correct me if I'm wrong.))

Sorano had barely gotten back up before a volley of five spears came whirling at her, as well as a huge vortex of wind from the side. Now, Sorano was only a foot away from Ivy, pressed to the ground. She could sense that there was, indeed a space around her that had none of these infuriating winds. If she could get close enough, perhaps the other girl's attack and the fey's attack would harm her, as well.

Okay. First off, the most immediate threats. The spears were easy enough, each being so far apart, Sorano could slide right between them... But the tornado was another thing. It was ginormous. It would be quite the task to get away or get rid of that thing. Luckily, Sorano still had a good amount of magical power left and could probably whip something up. She had her hands scribbling and out in a flash, and above the battleground, you could hear the faint boom of thunder before a giant lightning bolt would come crashing down, and the letter mage had directed it right at the center of the vortex where she could sense the fey's aura. Hopefully that would take care of it. Her lightning bolt was quite powerful, not to mention it also sent a wave of powerful electric energy within five feet of area, which meant it would most certainly affect Ivy a little, too. Now why didn't I think of that earlier?

What else was good, she could feel the wind tunnel's wind beginning to die down, having used wind magic herself. She moved as close as she possible could to Ivy without the girl getting a good view of her because of the wind, and pulled out three darts to prepare to throw when the wind tunnel died down completely.

Stats:

Last edited by ivyleaf33 on 21st December 2015, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shipping Goddess 21st December 2015, 2:24 pm

Ivy, having the wind tunnel fully died down now, decided it was now time to go on the offensive. She was going to use her wind magic to strike from afar, until she heard the cracking of thunder. A lightning bolt came from the sky, and hit Nana from above. The fairy fell to the ground, and the wind around her instantly vanished. Ivy was struck too, and she fell back a bit. After groaning, she stood up and looked at Nana, who was hit directly with the lightning bolt.

Ivy's face changed from happy-go-lucky to dark in an instant. Her eyes were fierce, like a lion's, and her emotions spiked. The young girl watched Nana lay there, not dead but still relatively harmed. She turned, and then stared at the opponent for a while, then decided to say a few words. "Gladiator Dance. Predator's Speed." Now glowing a bright white aura, the young mage bursted out into a sprint, much faster than she was a few seconds ago. Her right hand surrounded in ferocious circulating winds, while her left held her blade in hand. Ivy flicked her wrist, and the sword broke out into each of its fragments, over 20 in the air, in a dome-shape around Sorano. Ivy jumped, and attempted to punch the opposing girl square in the face, not even caring about the blade that sliced her in the back. The attack hurt, that was true, however this wasn't the time to focus on pain. She always hated when Nana was in trouble, and this time she actually got hurt. Sorano was gonna pay for that.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    HP: 273
    MP: 75%
    CDs: none
    Durations: 1/2 for Phantom, 1/3 for Giant Dance
    Possible Damage Done: 50 (20 for Sword Ability, 40 for Pressured Fist)
    Buffs: 40% speed increase, 6 damage reduction to C rank and lower spells, halve time on poisons, burns etc, 4% HP regeneration
    Spells Used:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Used Speed:

Spoiler:

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 21st December 2015, 11:38 pm

Sorano sighed as she changed the immediate shift in her opponent's aura. It was to be expected: she would hate anyone who dared to hurt Hoshi, and she had predicted Ivy might feel the same way as well. Still, this was an amazing amount of magic released, yet Ivy didn't seem to be losing steam anytime soon. Swords sprang up all around her, and the younger girl was charging at her with astonishing speed nearly before she knew it, and there wasn't much Sorano could do about it. Ivy was obviously a good strategist, and her magic was well suited to it.

This was an attack that would be hard to dodge, especially at the speed it was coming at. Even worse, Ivy seemed to be pretty resistant to her emotional influence, resisting any changes to her aura. It made her shield near to useless. If her opponent had been Apollo, why, the battle would be over as soon as she changed his aura around a bit! Sorano quickly squatted down, holding Luna tight over her head, to attempt to deflect the sword attacks. She couldn't possibly get faster than Ivy, for sure, but keeping low to the ground had saved her countless times. Nobody ever thought to aim down, which was really rather stupid in her mind.

She would definitely receive damage, that was unavoidable. However, she wouldn't go down without a counterattack, for sure. Ivy's fist would easily miss her face by a bit, having been aiming higher up and at a different angle than where her face was at this point, but the wind around it had hit her head, slicing off much of her hair and injuring her a little, the other girl's attack being much too fast for her to dodge completely. Sorano quickly righted herself, and turned around to counterattack.

"Solid Script: Storm!" A hurricane of rain, wind, ice, and anything remotely storm-like would roar at Ivy, a spell that was powerful, and wouldn't require any of Sorano's magical power. Like any good hurricane, it would be difficult to get out of, and like any good Solid Script spell, Sorano was completely unaffected by it, and the elements of the storm seemed to rage right on through her without stopping. It stretched across ten feet in each direction, blocking the vision of anyone inside of it. If Ivy had been caught in it, she would feel the sting of five more of Sorano's darts on her neck a few seconds later.

Stats:

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 9:08 pm