Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Aurora's magic.

That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fallen God Slayer 2nd Gen
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Aurora's magic.  Empty Aurora's magic.

Post by That Adopted Kid 13th November 2015, 1:19 am

Magic

Primary Magic: Water Dragon Slayer, 2nd generation.
    Secondary Magic: N/A.
    Caster or Holder: Caster.
    Description: This second generation water slayer magic is slightly different from most. Firstly, it was learned from a freshly deceased dragon via condensing their knowledge into a lacrima, so it probably as close as it could be to being taught by the dragon itself, at least in terms of time. Secondly the magic encompasses more obscure parts of water magic as all the dragon’s knowledge was taken out, not just on the flowing bits but on all of it, including experimental concepts allowing for a bit more variety around the central theme of water than most other lacrima’s. The themes generally include the usage of storms, fog, mist, and illusions to scramble an opponent’s sense of direction and abilities, along with good old fashioned drowning them in water. Unlike many other slayer types however this lacrima doesn’t focus upon disrupting the opponent via physical means and as such lacks any real debilitating physical status effects, such as paralyzing. This magic is designed to trap, encircle, and crush an opponent with a flurry of combinations and remorseless waves of attacks.

To further elaborate on the magic’s individual parts, there shall be a focus on different aspects, such as damage, weather, and illusions. The first aspect looked at is that of damage, the most obvious is in the form of water pressure and magically concentrated bouts and blows of water upon the opponent. The range, width and variety of these attacks can vary like the tides, with some being massive and others being incredibly tiny, though typically the tinier the deadlier but the least amount of surface affected, while massive attacks are still dangerous but could be considered lacking compared to the tiny spells punching power. Overall, all the damaging attacks play off each other as they all become sources of water for their durations to launch further attacks from if desired, allowing for a cascade of attacks to fly forth from but a simple set up move. In addition to all of this, she can also use her water to heal to a certain extent.

The weather aspect of this lacrima is both easy and difficult to explain. From simple fog and mist to storms up above, all of which can be used to further the users wishes. Much of the time storms are used to bolster the users own magical power within the area and to provide water for them to use for other attacks. Fog and mist are used to quickly move around the battlefield as they disappear and reappear within the mist at will, and hamper the opponent’s senses so it becomes nearly impossible to detect the user. All of this combines with the singular effect to sense those within their own weather most of the time, allowing for the user extreme flexibility in terms of their movement and attacks of opportunity.

Finally, the illusions aspect of this lacrima is probably the most complex aspect of it. While other aspects focus on the user’s abilities to move around the battlefield or chain attacks together, illusions specifically focus on messing with the opponent by using water particles either already in the air or that the user generates. This allows the user incredible range on their illusions and flexibility, however all illusions have the limitation of not actually rooting the opponent and instead just messing with their mind in untold ways. They can go as far as to alter all the user’s senses and perceptions, or simply alter only one, the sky is nearly the limit so long as the catalyst for being affected is listed.

How Aurora uses this magic is mostly described up above, with the weather to back her up and empower she takes control of the battlefields atmosphere and uses her attacks to launch more attacks towards the opponent, all while taking away most of their ability to fight with illusions and her disabling of their senses to a degree. This magic either goes off without a hitch and smashes an opponent into the ground with powerful combinations or adapts quickly to defend the user, with most battles ending shortly after they begin for better or worse.

Strengths:

• Dragon Slayer: This magic has the typical dragon slayer buff’s and concepts applied to it.

Weaknesses:

• Consumption: The user of this magic cannot consume demon or god slayer water magic.

• Status effects: This magic lacks any form of physical status effects.

Lineage:

Forsaken:
    Unique Abilities:

• Ultra Condensation: Being highly in tune with her magic, Aurora can manifest water as if it was second nature to her. Aurora can freely create water from her body and around her that is as strong and durable as her rank. Aurora can also freely control water around her so long as she can sense it, and can mold her body into that of a water form following the same previous stipulations.

• Stormkin: Being a mage that has focused on the application of water, Aurora has gained the ability to create rainstorm clouds within the very skybox above her, boosting her own abilities while it is active. Aurora can manifest rainstorms freely within the sky above or other such “roof” overhead. They can be torrential or light. These storms boost her magical power by 25% while they are active, and she can sense the magical power/strength of those who are touched by the rain produced within the storms.

• Hidden Mist: Being able to condense her own magic into a vapor state, Aurora can manifest fog/mist around herself to disappear within, should the need arise. Aurora can create mist/fog around her with a potential density to block vision. Once per post Aurora can disappear and reappear elsewhere within the fog/mist, and enemies cannot originate spells/abilities of equal rank or lower to Aurora within the fog/mist unless it originates from their bodies proper.

• Cloud Strider: being in tune with her water based magic Aurora developed some passive affects that let do what she always secretly wanted to, walk on clouds, oh and actually not get crushed by her own water pressure, guess that helps too. Aurora can walk upon any object which contains or produces water freely (such as clouds), and can move through water as if she was on land. In addition, she is immune to water pressure/damage/effects of her own water techniques unless they are positive/beneficial for her.

• Fluid Illusions: Whenever Aurora uses a spell or ability she can weave an illusion into it. This illusion is a special type of one that allows her to manipulate all the opponent’s senses, so long as the attack is sensed/seen/hits the opponent. The illusion lasts for long as the duration of the ability or spell, and one can only be affected by this additional effect once per post, regardless of how many spells/abilities are sensed/seen/hit. This illusion can stack with the effects of other illusions used from spells of their own, and if used through a spell this ability only counts as the same rank as the spell. Aurora can choose which rank affects the target, so if she uses an A ranked spell and C rank spell and the opponent senses/sees/is hit by both the A rank could apply.

Spells:

Spoiler:

Last edited by That Adopted Kid on 7th April 2017, 6:16 pm; edited 10 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Tournament Participation Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Corrupted King of Knights
    Position : King Of Kings
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sapphiron ; The Shadow
    Experience : 601,187

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Refraction : Sword King
    Second Skill: N/A (for now)
    Third Skill:

Aurora's magic.  Empty Re: Aurora's magic.

Post by Chaotic Rumble 14th November 2015, 6:31 am

Spoiler:

Heyo mate.  I'll be the one reviewing your magic today.  I'm just gonna quote your magic so we know its state prior to any changes; I won't actually write and make comments inside of the quote.

Right, so let's begin!

First thing is first, however, I see that there aren't any replies from any other moderators, which leaves me to assume that this is an entirely new magic, so I'll be looking over everything.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Your 4th strength isn't actually a strength; it's more of an ability itself.  As a result, I'd like you to take it out from your strengths and place it in your Unique Abilities.

Your 5th strength is alright, but there needs to be a way to surprise you.  Being aware of your surroundings, even if subconsciously, is one thing, but being able to react instantly with your magic and not be aware of it is another; it effectively makes sure you can never, EVER be surprised by anything, which can't be the case.

Let's move onto your abilities.

Hexagramic Wards - As an ability on its own, it's too powerful, 'cus not only do you mitigate physical damage, and magical damage, and reduce debuff durations, but they also scale, and the debuff perk isn't so bad (but I want you to limit this and make sure to state that the debuff upon you cannot be lowered past 1 post), but the damage mitigations are extremely potent and powerful, 'cause not only do you have one, you have two.  I want you to change the numbers around and lower them; 5% at D-Rank is fine, but you should probably decrease by how much this scales.

Ether - Impossible to detect by lower or equal ranked characters?  Equal ranked is something I'll definitely have to say no to, and lower ranked mages...  Mages 2 ranked lower than you is alright, and maybe lower ranked mages in general, but we'll have to see later on.  I'd like you to explain the rest of the effects in just a few sentences; I believe I understand them completely fine, but I may be wrong, so I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me.

Negative Purging - Purging negative emotions is fine; curses is another matter.  As long as they don't come from other PC spells then this has a chance to work (unless you decide to expend some magical energy for this).  Also, this ability to have on you and your allies of choosing passively is also incredibly powerful.  You're going to have to make sure it has a duration on it and a cooldown (the cooldown would only apply to a specific target; example of this you put it on ally 1, let's say the duration is 4 posts, time runs out, and let's say the cooldown is 5 posts.  you can immediately cast it on ally 2 when it runs out; you already put a limit on how many people you can apply this to at once, so that's alright).  I want you to also have to activate this ability on yourself, and have it cost magical energy, too, however, you will only have to pay for it once in order for it to remain active; same applies to when you put an effect on allies (since the versality of this ability is incredible), but at a reduced cost for your allies, since you can only apply 1 of the effects onto them.  The health regen should occur once every two posts, too, on allies, and once every three on you.  Replacing the effect you put onto an ally, however, is free of charge, but won't refresh the duration in any way.

Ethereal Form - This ability is fine when it comes to transforming into an ethereal being, passing through walls and objects (and being able to transform your equipment into etheral, too), but some other things are problematic.  To begin with, you cannot attack in this state, or use spells; it's not an actual spell, so it's a price most intangible abilities pay as a Unique Ability.  It goes without saying that you can't actually use your weapons and armors, either, but any passives they may have can still apply onto you.  A damage mitigation, on both parts, is also not possible here; you already have enough perks with this ability as it is, and you already have a decent enough damage mitigation ability prior to this.  Immunity to weak weapons is fine, but if it's a ReQuip weapon (or any spell that forms itself into a weapon, for that matter) will still be able to strike you.

Right, so now that we've looked over that, let's move onto the spells!

Restorative - Having no duration is fine, but this spell will need a cooldown; not too high, though. Being able to bring someone back to life isn't that big of a deal anymore, especially with the alter, but they can still influence the thread (possibly immensely), which means this spell will need a cooldown. I'd like you to give this a limited amount of uses per thread, too. Keep in mind, though, if there are no remains whatsoever of the dead target, you won't be able to bring them back to life.

Ether Warp - Looks good!

Purifying Circle - Spell is mostly alright, but you'll either need to lower the amount of people you purge negative effects from to 1, or lower the health of the shield to be able to absorb only 1 D-Rank spell.

Purifying Flames - Give this a limit regarding as to how many positive buffs you can "cleanse". Other than that, looks good!

Purging Light - You'll need to give this a limit when it comes to eliminating darkness and shadow based spells, but eliminating normal darkness and shadows is alright. The amount of allies immune to this spell should also be bounced down to 2.

Pulse - Mostly alright, but instead of disabling your stats being lowered completely, mark them as only half as effective.

Greater Purifying Flame - Same thing as Purifying Flame, really; give this a limit as to how many buffs you can "cleanse". You should also reduce as to how many allies can be immune to this effect down to 2.

Hammer Hand - You can bring up the strength increase by a bit, or add a slight speed increase to the spell, too.

Ether Jump - Looks good!

Please bump once you've made the changes! I will address any comments you may have, so feel free to add any!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Aurora's magic.  V4W5D0r

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 14th November 2015, 2:31 pm

I scrapped my old character, which is why I posted this, so it is a new magic (though i kept my XP etc).

I'm going to just address stuff here first (in this post), and not make the edits within the post yet, (I'll edit if I do, but I'm going out for most of today so I might not reply/have access to my word document for most of the day lol). That and there is a a lot to cover here and I want to make sure we are both on the same page before I go back and re write some stuff.

I disagree with the fourth strength being an ability, but I'll remove it anyhow, it was mostly for flavor anyway, and I'll just keep the extra weakness, because I took a bit to figure them out, and I don't feel like removing it XD. Unless of course you habve any ideas for a strength that you have seen via reading my magic, any ideas would be welcome.

For the fifth strength, I added that it's only to the stuff she is aware of or rather specifically stated stuff. The point of it is, to be both flavor text and a strength for her, showing that it doesn't matter most times the magic just reacts to it etc.

Hexagramic Wards- I make the max rank scaling be at 25% (so instead of 30% and 35% at SS and H rank, they are just 25%), I'll add that the ability can't decrease a Debuff past 1 post.

Ether- I'll just change it so they have a harder time gauging her magical power, making her look weak or something, which was kind of the original intention, that way they can still sense if they want too and such, that should work right?

As for the second parts, it basically means that they can't create their spell/abilities inside of her (aka what I consider auto hitting, but meh) and they can't make spells within my spells range (as in originate them there) that are equal ranked to my spells, but their body/holder item can always be cast from etc, or their weapons for Requip stuff, so it's mostly just preventing me from getting hit from something that would just be impossible to dodge, and possibly mess up a spell originating away from them (naturally if the spell can't be cast there they don't pay the MP cost as it wasn't actually cast!). Though if they have a spell that moves out from them, the AOE on that doesn't stop etc. it's only the point of origin.

Technically that was 2 sentences!

Negative Purging- The curses part was flavor text, I forgot that people actually use curses or whatever on here so I'll remove that line. I would also like this to not have a cost or duration, but if that's impossible I'll do what you have previously stated, before I make changes what do you think would make it possible to make this not have a cost and duration etc. Like concept wise. My aim is to be more supportive (if you couldn't already tell from the spells and such lol). Conceptually I might just re-write it, but then it felt too much like hexagramic wards did flavor wise, etc. So basically I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do with this one, and could use a bit of help figuring out a possible alternative while keeping the same kind of supportive feel. If not possible, or we both just derp out on ideas I'll adjust it to what you suggested just now lol.

Ethereal form- Okay I think you might have gotten a bit confused on this part, and it's mostly due to me trying to be clever with the name, she I'm dubbing her magic as using ether I tried to pun it with ethreal form. She isn't actually untouchable to spells, or enemies abilities during this form, basically she just turns herself into magic, which is what lets her go through those non magically infused things (thus the damage resistance granted from this, which is what represents her ability in this form to mitigate damage, not completely negate it which would be incredibly dumb and not my intention), I'll get rid of the weak ranked weapon thing and decrease the resistance down to 25% at max scale, I could also get rid of the walking through stuff, or flying... but I thought it was cool for the ability. Obviously I can clarify all of this in better detail, but hopefully you see what I meant. if I had the damage reduction, it would be a total of 50% at S/SS/H rank, and i've seen people with 90% to physical and such etc. I could always state that there is a cap on mine I don't mind that if it makes your mind at ease!

Restorative- Yeah it's mostly a fun flavor sig spell since I couldn't come up with anything violent or whatever. A cooldown of 2 posts work, with it being like 1 use per thread per rank of the spell? (up to 5), since it's also meant to revive NPC's etc. I could limit it to like 2 times for a PC's (aka 2 people) if you wanted though, but I'd like for NPC's to remain more free reign (as in the ones without profiles, the dudes in jobs etc.)

Circle- I'll make it so it can affect just 1 person, the shield's weak enough as it is D:

Flames- 2 work for you?

Light- I could state 1 or 2 for the spells (since it seems defensive stuff can negate like 2 of it's own rank, or from what i've seen generally anyway. and I can bump it down to 2 people.

Pulse: It only applies to D rank and lower, but I could change it to just be half as effective.

Flames 2.0!- 2-3 work for you? I can make the number of people immune 2.

Hammer hand- 30% work for you, or should I be silly and do 15% strength and 15% speed?

Thanks for taking the time to read through all of it by the way, I know it was a lot as I tend to use examples in all of my stuff to try and clarify.

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Tournament Participation Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 15th November 2015, 11:52 am

Heyo mate, I'm back!

You're a nice person.

Hexagramic Wards - The ability would be more acceptable if it capped at around 15 or 20%; resistances on their own to a specific type of damage can be higher, but seeing as you have two in one with something else, it has to be a bit weaker than when they're on individual scales, but it's still pretty good.

Ether - For the first part, yes. That works completely fine. The no creating spells inside you is completely fine. Not being able to create spells near your spells might be a bit tricky... 'Cause there are plenty of abilities that are supposed to surprise you with use or catch you off guard (such as making it so the ground sizzles below you before you suddenly get blasted by something), which are tough to dodge, but not impossible.

Negative Purging - Haha, okay, I see what you're doing. Tell you what; something that you might be able to do is put this more onto a supportive option to allies, rather than yourself. That being the case, you can have it so that this ability has a duration and a cooldown, HOWEVER, it won't cost you any magical energy. You won't gain the ability passively (but you can activate it on yourself the same way you would on allies for a small amount of magical energy) in exchange to do it for free on allies. Just an idea; if that doesn't work, we can continue talking about this.

Ethereal form - Right, right, I know she isn't untouchable by spells. Being able to go through non-magically infused things is fine, having the weak weapon thing is fine, don't worry, it's just that it only strictly applies to what's registered as a weapon. Being able to fly and stuff is also fine. The damage reductions is what's a problem, 'cus the ability already does so much on its own, it's pretty good right there! I'm guessing that these 90% damage reductions were achieved through spells (and maybe some passive abilities) rather than completely passives, right?

Restorative - 2 people is completely alright (PCs). NPCs you can have more reign over; just follow the uses per rank thing you presented with your last post. I recommend making the cooldown 4 posts. Make sure that they can't wake up instantly after being brought back, though; I'd imagine they'd still be in bad condition from being dead!

Circle - Works!

Flames - Works!

Light - Works!

Pulse - Yeah, the reason I say half as effective is 'cus you already have a healing factor on top of it, which I'm still uncertain of... but, if worst comes to worse, we can just change it if there are any complaints about it.

Flames 2.0 - 2 Works!

Hammer hand - You can bring it as far as a 40% increase, or a 20% increase on each, or have it 30% increase on strength and 10% on speed... Whichever you desire.

It's alright, just note; I'm very likely to change my opinions on a lot of things. The first review is kind of breaking the ice, so I can kinda form more, better opinions later.

Please bump once the changes have been made, or if you have any comments about anything!

Aurora's magic.  V4W5D0r

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 15th November 2015, 1:15 pm

Why thank you, I appreciate that you are willing to work with me a bit before I start making the changes to the app proper, because otherwise it might result in a million edit tags, but all the edits for the stuff that you have said done to or we pretty much figured out (the spells) are all changed in my word document already.

Wards, and ethereal form (the two of them are starting to overlap!):

Ether- Should I change that part? I figured since I was paying for my spell, it'd be more acceptable because then it's even (or I mean I hope so, idk with spell cost reductions) if it's a problem I can change it, or limit it to a certain range out from the spell, so higher ranked AOE's or something could try and surprise or hit me, I guess, maybe like 20-30 meters or something (so it's mostly just like D or C rank stuff, some B rank, but higher ups won't have as hard of a problem, and at that point I'm still paying for my own spell too etc.) that wouldn't be too bad would it, and besides they can just close in to hit me with them originating from their bodies still or the like, (by that I meant just throw it from there, and I suppose if they had a clone ability or something that would work too, as it's technically not a spell and it is their body, wait no I shouldn't mention possible counters to my stuff, dang it.)

Negative purging- Hmm... what would be the cost, and could I not have a duration for myself, I could always drop one of the effects or have it scale, like I gain 1 effect, and it's only like 5% flat cost with no duration, or 2 effects for 10% cost maybe a duration idk, or I could just make it that I get one effect, idk it's a tricky power I asked some people and they said that it didn't seem like a fully activate ability but idk, I'm probably weird, but I find having a cool down on one of my abilities a little disheartening, because why don't I just make it a spell at that point, ya'feel me XD. I might just do that actually re-write one or two parts of this as spells later on, and come up with a new ability to replace it, I'll let you know what I come up with via editing the app proper in a little bit, after we get a few other things clarified (so it should be the only potential "issue" left.

Restorative- made the changes, and since they are at 1 HP, and can't attack again in the thread, I'd imagine they are pretty messed up, I'll probably just drag their body back with me or something, throw em in a dumpster and revive them, teaches them to go dying on me like a coward.

Pulse- I totally forgot I added that healing to the spell... I'll make the buff's half as effective against them, because yeah makes sense! Also yeah if someone is complaining about a D rank spell then, I don't know what to say, at that point I don't think they will ever be happy regardless of the changes lol.

hammer hand- hmm alright I might just do the strength and speed, but either way I'll put it adding up to 40%.

Sorry that it is a wall of text, most of it just trying to reason a few things out, but some changes are being made, (mostly I think we got all the spells done!)

EDIT: While I think the other stuff I mentioned is important, I made edits to the magic and posted it up, so feel free to read over what I tried to do to adjust things and how I re-wrote them. The spells I added all you suggested as those were all done, but I re-wrote Ether a bit to add a range for the second effect, remade Ethereal form almost completely, and lowered the DR to the wards ability, still curious what it would be if it was just 1 type, but I'm okay with 20% for right now, (that and I forgot about my lineage and what it can do so... yeah there I go again derping), may try and do something else later, but that would be after B or A rank, as I'd have a better picture of what I want to do with the magic, and more importantly my character, then. At least in terms of the crunch here.

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 18th November 2015, 6:39 am

Hey mate, I must apologize for the silence the last 2 days; couldn't really get on a computer during those days, so there wasn't much I could do.

Anyways, let's continue!

Capping wards at 20% is completely fine; normally, I'd ask you to take it down to 15%, but since I see what you're trying to do with this magic, 20% is acceptable.  Increasing this resistance through spells is completely fine.  There is no cap to damage reduction, but there is a cap as to how much damage reduction you can have with a spell or ability with its base stats; the base stats can definitely be increased through other abilities and/or spells.

I am pretty sure the way damage reduction works is that you reduce the damage AFTER you get hit.  Let me explain this a bit better.

I enhance my punch so it deals D-Rank spell damage; I don't like the HP system at all, and never use it, but for the sake of the example let's go with it doing 20 damage.  You'll reduce 20% of that, so it'll deal 16 damage.  I use another spell to enhance my punching spell to make it 20% stronger, so it will deal 24 damage instead of 20.  Instead of your resistance countering my strength addition, I still get it, but instead, you lower my damage by 4.8, so it would deal 19 damage to you (roughly).  That's how I always understood resistances, which is partially why they're so potent.

If you want to be able to cast spells and use weapons and abilities in your ethereal form, you'll probably have to change the ability, 'cus these types of abilities that are stated as Unique Abilities tend to have to sacrifice the use of using spells and attacking in these types of forms. Having a resistance apply in a form that already does this much is extremely difficult without having something to counteract it. However, a resistance on its own and nothing else can often times go to 25-30%. Sometimes a bit higher, depending on the magic and how it's used.

I was about to comment on everything else, but I then realized the edit you wrote at your last reply. I'll try to address it while I'm looking at your abilities and giving my opinion on them.

Hexagramic Wards - looks good!

Ether - The only thing that's slightly confusing me is what you mean by the range here... And I'm assuming that the last part of this ability makes it so that nullification magics won't send you back to the Celestial Spirit world, right?

Negative Purging - Looks good! The only thing that might need a change is if a higher ranked fear spell is used on a lower ranked mage, even if you're an equal or higher rank than the spell that has the fear effect on it, but maybe not. Not sure yet.

Ether Adaptation - Looks good!

Restorative - Looks good! The only thing I forgot to mention is that when the person is revived, they feel the effects of having no magical energy. Sorry that I'm a bit late on this, haha.

The rest of the spells are also good!

Sorry this took an incredibly long time, but we're almost done, haha. Great job on the magic, btw, it looks really neat.

Please bump once you've made the changes, or have any possible replies to whatever!

Aurora's magic.  V4W5D0r

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 18th November 2015, 1:25 pm

It's all good, I left a really long reply, and then got the motivation to edit stuff, so it was like a double post.

Yeah because it applies to the total reduction of the damage source, so it always reduces it by the % number of their power etc. For the normal % system I was using it like just a raw number, but that was against bosses and other stuff, just to make my life easier, I'm going to avoid PvP unless someone really wants to PvP with me or whatever, cause PvP serves no purpose in my mind beyond an ego-fest (normally), and yelling at each other to have stuff nerfed etc. Just creates friction in my opinion rather than unity, because it's X Vs. X which while some people love, I generally don't lol.

Thanks for answering the question, though, maybe damage reductions or something should be added like endurance and such was added to the rules, idk, something to think over.

Ether: Yeah it's so she can RP in like the neutral zone or something (the place that makes it so you can't use magic), so she could take a job with others or RP there without being kicked back to the celestial realm. Which, while funny, wouldn't let me RP there D:

Negative purging: I tried to just keep it to her rank to make it simpler as she is the source of it, I could change it to be player ranked but then it would be (player ranked but not higher than Sharp, but lower than her etc.) I thought just a flat rank would make it simpler, but it does make it stronger for lower ranks, so if you really think I should change it, I shall change it. (I haven't because you seem unsure D:).

Restorative: Well if you had mentioned that earlier I would have put it in! D:< Added it.

Thank you, took a while to come up with this, don't ask Aiyana how long I've been trying to make this character lol.

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 19th November 2015, 5:46 am

You know what?

It's fine.

I'm putting some trust in you here, but I think it's well spent.

Good job on the magic!

'Tis approved~!

Aurora's magic.  V4W5D0r

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 13th January 2016, 2:29 am

B Rank edits have been made.

Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 13th January 2016, 2:40 am

All of it was super discussed over the week, while I was working on getting his B rank exam started.
    Approved

Aurora's magic.  MQNhOUw

Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 24th May 2016, 9:15 pm

That Adopted Kid wrote:
    Magic

Primary Magic: Purification magic.
    Description: Purification magic at its core, is designed to purge plagues from the mind, body, and soul of everyone that the user makes contact with, including themselves. This makes them a beacon of light within the darkness, or a major headache depending on your outlook and point of view of life. Regardless purification magic focuses on removing negative emotions, conditions, and healing others in various ways. This makes the user effectively a mobile support/clinic for those within the area who aren’t against them, making them a massive boon in both combat situations and in social situations, perhaps a little too much. Such is the potency of their removal of negative emotions that they could become a problem for certain situations or individuals, as some need such emotions as hate to “live”, or perhaps they don’t desire to be cured of an aliment but it happens anyway. This can lead to purification users being looked at with suspicion due to how their “miracles” and “effects” upon people work. It doesn’t help their case that they can’t experience negative emotions themselves, making them unable to relate to certain experiences and individuals creating possible further problems. Sadly there isn’t much of a solution to this problem, as the very concept of it being a problem frequently eludes the users of said magic, which creates a perpetual cycle of healing, suspicion and confusion around the user.

Aside from social and other implications of the same stripe, purification magic allows for the user to heal others through the removal of conditions, status effects, and good old fashion band aid style healing. This allows for the magic to have a variety of supportive based uses, healing those afflicted by various diseases, or through the foul magic of an enemy, or maybe they just cut themselves. Lastly the offensive based side of purification magic isn’t that complicated or very branched out, mostly it involves dealing some damage, typically via an aura around the user, to an opponent and stripping them of their own buff’s, again purifying them of their own buff’s to make it easier for the purification mage, and their allies to fight against them. When a buff is purified from the magic it affects all the sources of the buff, potentially stripping someone of all their speed or strength increases should the timing be right.

Sharp rarely uses Purification magic, in fact you could say that the magic uses her more than she uses it. Possibly due to her lack of control over the magic or due to other circumstances, Sharp rarely intends for her magic to become active, only around a certain select allies does she consciously uses it and only when it’s a more serious situation. In fact most of the time Sharp doesn’t understand why people react the way they do around her, as they frequently tend to be happy even when she might be tearing out their throats. This leads Sharp to have even more confusion when it comes to the emotions of others, making her quest to understand them, all the harder. In combat she uses her magic to reinforce allies, and weaken enemies so that those fighting with her will have an easier time slaughtering the enemy to the last, just like any good person should.

Strengths:

• Celestial: Purification magic, due to Sharp, counts as celestial, (so it can’t be eaten by slayers), and follows all the positive and negatives that, that brings.

• Purifying: Purify magic does what else? Purify. Needless to say purify magic deals holy damage, but only against targets which take increased damage from holy magic (it should be noted in a magical application whether or not the one being hit receives takes the damage as holy or not, but in general demons, corruption based magic’s etc. are what generally takes holy damage).

• Purified: Purification magic makes it so the user is pure, for the most part. A user of this magic can’t become a vampire, demon, werewolf, etc. This makes some things impossible to become, making this a strength as they can’t be corrupted into such, at least to them, putrid forms.

• Reactive: Sharp’s purification magic naturally reacts to her states of danger (that she is aware of), though she can control it herself in most cases. Sharp can perfectly manipulate her own magic without thought or movement of any kind needed, as it reacts subconsciously, though she can make a conscious effort of it, if she needs to.

• Healing: Purification magic has a slight focus on healing both the mind and body. As such all spells/abilities that cause a healing effect, also heal negative emotions (such as hatred, anger, depression etc.) allowing for purpose to be restored, or calm to enter their minds.

Weaknesses:

• Celestial: Any forces that do more damage or affect celestial spirits in a negative way affect Sharp, as she is a celestial spirit etc. This isn’t so much a weakness of the magic so much as a weakness of herself, and thus can’t be overcome.

• Lacks Negative Emotions: This is both a positive and a negative, on one hand Sharp doesn’t get angry, experience real hatred etc. but at the same time this means that she can’t relate to such emotions and feelings and often comes off as cold, or concise when she shouldn’t and frequently makes her unable to read a mood or atmosphere making some social situations and combat situations go in a much more awkward fashion than normal.

• Ether: Purification special property of magic makes it so that the user has various benefits, however it also has a pretty big drawback. Users of purification magic (aside from the one with has Sharp’s celestial key) can’t take magical power from any other source other than their own natural restoration (so any abilities that might let them drain someone of their MP and add to their own, doesn’t actually add to their own). This makes them fly solo for the most part, in terms of MP recovery.

• Can’t Summon: Purification users can’t have summoning based magic for either their secondary or primary (aka effects like summoning minions, spirits etc.) This is due to how their magical energy doesn’t work to support other spirits and the like within reality, disabling their ability to summon. This doesn’t apply to someone summoning the user, just the user summoning other creatures, spirits etc.

• Naturally Reactive: Purification magic naturally reacting to protect its user would seem like a positive effect, except that it works at any possible threat and isn’t directed, which means that users of purification magic caught in the cross fire between an ally and an enemy could lash out at their ally in addition to the enemy without meaning to, creating potentially awkward team fights, should things go bad.

• Influencing Purification magic normally influences those around the user, this can be negative as many times it leads to the magic influencing others without the users own will being involved, creating potentially awkward social situations and the like without the user meaning to.

Lineage:

Synthetic Celestial:
    Unique Abilities:

• Hexagramic Wards: Sharp’s body is covered with many invisible wards that offer her various protections against magical and physical ills. The first effect of these various wards are that Sharp receives a 5% damage reduction to all magical and physical sources that affect her, with this reduction increasing by 5% for every rank about D that she is (so 10% at C rank, 15% at B rank, and 20% at A/S/SS/H rank). In addition any status affecting de buff’s (such as paralysis, binding, sleep, stat decreases etc.) have their durations upon her decreased by 1 post if they are the same rank as her, or 2 posts if they are a lower rank than her, they last the full duration if they are 1 rank or more above her (so she is C rank, a D rank spell that paralysis’s her lasts for 3 posts, this ability would make it only last for 1 post, while if the spell was C rank it would last for 2 and if it was B rank would last the full 3). (This can’t lower the De buff to below 1 post).

• Ether: Sharp’s magical energy isn’t quite the same as everyone else’s; as if being a celestial spirit wasn’t weird enough in the first place, her energy is also strange. Her magical energy is known as ether, while it functions mechanically the same way as regular magical power (such as using the same MP charts etc.) it has a few noticeable differences. The first is that her magical power level is harder to read, making her difficult to sense her magical power level (such as “rank”, or total MP pool) making her appear as just a mundane people with a little amount of magical power (higher ranks have no problem with sensing her actual level however).

In addition her magical energy can’t be targeted directly by equal or lower ranked attacks/effects (so a spell can’t be created within one of her spells or her body via an opposing force if it is the same rank or lower than her) but it can be manifested outside of said range of spell/magical energy. For spells count the spells rank rather than Sharp’s for this effect. Another’s body/holder item/reequip originating around their body always counts as outside of her range for this purpose (so no she can’t shut down someone’s magic by existing there). The range of this effect is up to 25 meters within a spell that Sharp creates (but no larger than the spell’s own range, so basically between the ranges of self, up to 25). This range limit for this effect applies to all of her spells regardless of rank (so an S rank with a 100 meter range would only prevent it from happening within the closet 25 meters of Sharp, but not the other 75).

Finally effects that cancel out any of Sharp’s magic(s)/lineage that are equal to or lower than her rank don’t affect her magic(s)/lineage or her proper(but not effects that block it like a shield or another spell hitting her magic etc. just those effects that prevent her from using her magic), areas on forum that disable magic, still cause her to be unable to use her magic as normal, but don’t cause her to vanish back to the celestial realm (due to her being a celestial spirit and thus being fueled by magic), just disable her using it for anything but keeping herself within the “real” world.  

• Negative Purging: Sharp’s magic focuses on purging both herself and others of the more negative aspects of life, sadly its left her with little to no emotion of her own, but it’s the price she has paid. Sharp can purge negative emotions from others naturally around her. This allows her to provide a plot based power to make others calmer naturally (should they not try and fight back against it or something). Sharp has an aura around her that stretches 15 meters out, and increases incrementally with her rank (15 meters at D rank, 30 meters at C rank, 50 meters at B rank, 75 meters at A rank, and 100 meters at S rank, SS rank, and H rank.) This aura lets up to 2 allies (the word allies meaning Sharp chooses who is affected by this ability), become affected by this aura, +1 ally per rank above D (So 3 at C rank, 4 at B rank, 5 at A rank, 6 at S rank, 7 at SS rank, and 8 at H rank).

This aura not only provides the previous ability of calming others down and purging negative emotions, but purges the darkest corners of their mind, eliminating their fears from their subconscious, if only temporarily. This can be both a good and bad thing as fear can keep one alive, but at the same time could hold them back from succeeding. Effectively this makes the allies within her aura immune to fear effects, but not damage added onto said effects (so a spell causes fear, and deals C rank damage, an ally in her aura would take the C rank damage, but wouldn’t be afraid etc.). This effect also applies to Sharp. In addition, Illusions that have fear as an effect decrease their duration when used against Sharp (but not her allies) by 1 post, but Sharp can’t add any fear effects to any of her spells/abilities. All effects of fear or illusions are limited to Sharp’s own rank, so a higher ranked spell/ability that causes fear, will still work as normal, but equal and lower will have their effects muted.

This aura doesn’t apply to her “ether” unique abilities effects (see previous ability) of preventing magic from originating within her own.

• Ether Adaptation: Sharp’s magic is both volatile and benevolent, it restricts her on many levels, but at the same time provides her with blessings that could make others jealous. This shows in her adaptation to various natural environments and possible needs that might arise for her on a day to day basis. Sharp’s ether can project from her back, forming a pair of wings that allow for her to fly, the wings size don’t fully matter for this effect, but are normally no longer than she is tall. Sharp is also naturally sustained by her magical power rather than outside sources, allowing for her to function without the need to breathe, eat, sleep, etc. ( this is to represent the “understood” physiology of a celestial spirit, and how they don’t need most things humans need to function). Finally her ether fueling her body allows for her to function in naturally hostile environments that would kill/disable/harm someone normally, but has no effect on magical environments or the like (so she’s in a blizzard she can survive just fine {aside from all the vision blocking, but she won’t get frostbite/hypothermia etc.} but if it’s a magical blizzard she’d feel the effects of it), this is due to her magic purifying her body constantly, making it remain it’s structure regardless of natural influences, (not an effect, just the fluff). The restriction of non-magical environments doesn’t apply to the celestial spirit realm, which is technically her home, and “where she is from”.

• Penance: Sharp’s ability to purify others of various afflictions previously didn’t incorporate any form of punishment, the magic being more benevolent. After accessing some of her power from the contract with Chaoris (fluff), Sharp has begun to realize the more cruel nature of the world, and how some deserve to become punished. She has thusly twisted her magic slightly in order to on occasion punish those who challenge her new found wisdom into the way the world works. Whenever Sharp would cause an opponent to lose positive buff’s upon themselves (usually through spells) she can cause the buff’s to become a negative instead of simply being purged. This ability adds 5% to the cost of the spell, unless it wouldn’t have a cost in the first place naturally (such as D ranks at S rank, and not due to a magical cost decrease).

Spells:

Spoiler:
    List of Spell Fusions:

Spoiler:

Quoting so TAK doesn't have an anuerism over it ;-;

Aurora's magic.  MQNhOUw

That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 24th May 2016, 9:15 pm

Edits made.

Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 24th May 2016, 9:43 pm

That Adopted Kid wrote:
    Magic

Description: Purification magic at its core, is designed to purge plagues from the mind, body, and soul of everyone that the user makes contact with, including themselves. This makes them a beacon of light within the darkness, or a major headache depending on your outlook and point of view of life. Regardless purification magic focuses on removing negative emotions, conditions, and healing others in various ways. This makes the user effectively a mobile support/clinic for those within the area who aren’t against them, making them a massive boon in both combat situations and in social situations, perhaps a little too much. Such is the potency of their removal of negative emotions that they could become a problem for certain situations or individuals, as some need such emotions as hate to “live”, or perhaps they don’t desire to be cured of an aliment but it happens anyway. This can lead to purification users being looked at with suspicion due to how their “miracles” and “effects” upon people work. It doesn’t help their case that they can’t experience negative emotions themselves, making them unable to relate to certain experiences and individuals creating possible further problems. Sadly there isn’t much of a solution to this problem, as the very concept of it being a problem frequently eludes the users of said magic, which creates a perpetual cycle of healing, suspicion and confusion around the user.

Aside from social and other implications of the same stripe, purification magic allows for the user to heal others through the removal of conditions, status effects, and good old fashion band aid style healing. This allows for the magic to have a variety of supportive based uses, healing those afflicted by various diseases, or through the foul magic of an enemy, or maybe they just cut themselves. Lastly the offensive based side of purification magic isn’t that complicated or very branched out, mostly it involves dealing some damage, typically via an aura around the user, to an opponent and stripping them of their own buff’s, again purifying them of their own buff’s to make it easier for the purification mage, and their allies to fight against them. When a buff is purified from the magic it affects all the sources of the buff, potentially stripping someone of all their speed or strength increases should the timing be right.

Sharp rarely uses Purification magic, in fact you could say that the magic uses her more than she uses it. Possibly due to her lack of control over the magic or due to other circumstances, Sharp rarely intends for her magic to become active, only around a certain select allies does she consciously uses it and only when it’s a more serious situation. In fact most of the time Sharp doesn’t understand why people react the way they do around her, as they frequently tend to be happy even when she might be tearing out their throats. This leads Sharp to have even more confusion when it comes to the emotions of others, making her quest to understand them, all the harder. In combat she uses her magic to reinforce allies, and weaken enemies so that those fighting with her will have an easier time slaughtering the enemy to the last, just like any good person should.

Strengths:

• Celestial: Purification magic, due to Sharp, counts as celestial, (so it can’t be eaten by slayers or absorbed by others {normally}), and follows all the positive and negatives that, that brings.

• Purifying: Purify magic does what else? Purify. Needless to say purify magic deals holy damage, but only against targets which take increased damage from holy magic (it should be noted in a magical application whether or not the one being hit receives takes the damage as holy or not, but in general demons, corruption based magic’s etc. are what generally takes holy damage).

• Purified: Purification magic makes it so the user is pure, for the most part. A user of this magic can’t become a vampire, demon, werewolf, etc. This makes some things impossible to become, making this a strength as they can’t be corrupted into such, at least to them, putrid forms.

• Reactive: Sharp’s purification magic naturally reacts to her states of danger (that she is aware of), though she can control it herself in most cases. Sharp can perfectly manipulate her own magic without thought or movement of any kind needed, as it reacts subconsciously, though she can make a conscious effort of it, if she needs to.

• Healing: Purification magic has a slight focus on healing both the mind and body. As such all spells/abilities that cause a healing effect, also heal negative emotions (such as hatred, anger, depression etc.) allowing for purpose to be restored, or calm to enter their minds.

Weaknesses:

• Celestial: Any forces that do more damage or affect celestial spirits in a negative way affect Sharp, as she is a celestial spirit etc. This isn’t so much a weakness of the magic so much as a weakness of herself, and thus can’t be overcome.

• Lacks Negative Emotions: This is both a positive and a negative, on one hand Sharp doesn’t get angry, experience real hatred etc. but at the same time this means that she can’t relate to such emotions and feelings and often comes off as cold, or concise when she shouldn’t and frequently makes her unable to read a mood or atmosphere making some social situations and combat situations go in a much more awkward fashion than normal.

• Ether: Purification special property of magic makes it so that the user has various benefits, however it also has a pretty big drawback. Users of purification magic (aside from the one with has Sharp’s celestial key) can’t take magical power from any other source other than their own natural restoration (so any abilities that might let them drain someone of their MP and add to their own, doesn’t actually add to their own). This makes them fly solo for the most part, in terms of MP recovery.

• Can’t Summon: Purification users can’t have summoning based magic for either their secondary or primary (aka effects like summoning minions, spirits etc.) This is due to how their magical energy doesn’t work to support other spirits and the like within reality, disabling their ability to summon. This doesn’t apply to someone summoning the user, just the user summoning other creatures, spirits etc.

• Naturally Reactive: Purification magic naturally reacting to protect its user would seem like a positive effect, except that it works at any possible threat and isn’t directed, which means that users of purification magic caught in the cross fire between an ally and an enemy could lash out at their ally in addition to the enemy without meaning to, creating potentially awkward team fights, should things go bad.

• Influencing Purification magic normally influences those around the user, this can be negative as many times it leads to the magic influencing others without the users own will being involved, creating potentially awkward social situations and the like without the user meaning to.

Lineage:

Synthetic Celestial:
    Unique Abilities:

• Hexagramic Wards: Sharp’s body is covered with many invisible wards that offer her various protections against magical and physical ills. The first effect of these various wards are that Sharp receives a 5% damage reduction to all magical and physical sources that affect her, with this reduction increasing by 5% for every rank about D that she is (so 10% at C rank, 15% at B rank, and 20% at A, and 25% at S/SS/H rank). In addition any status affecting de buff’s (such as paralysis, binding, sleep, stat decreases etc.) have their durations upon her decreased by 1 post if they are the same rank as her, or 2 posts if they are a lower rank than her, they last the full duration if they are 1 rank or more above her (so she is C rank, a D rank spell that paralysis’s her lasts for 3 posts, this ability would make it only last for 1 post, while if the spell was C rank it would last for 2 and if it was B rank would last the full 3). (This can’t lower the De buff to below 1 post).

• Ether: Sharp’s magical energy isn’t quite the same as everyone else’s; as if being a celestial spirit wasn’t weird enough in the first place, her energy is also strange. Her magical energy is known as ether, while it functions mechanically the same way as regular magical power (such as using the same MP charts etc.) it has a few noticeable differences. The first is that her magical power level is harder to read, making her difficult to sense her magical power level (such as “rank”, or total MP pool) making her appear as just a mundane people with a little amount of magical power (higher ranks have no problem with sensing her actual level however).

In addition her magical energy can’t be targeted directly by equal or lower ranked attacks/effects (so a spell can’t be created within one of her spells or her body via an opposing force if it is the same rank or lower than her) but it can be manifested outside of said range of spell/magical energy. For spells count the spells rank rather than Sharp’s for this effect. Another’s body/holder item/reequip originating around their body always counts as outside of her range for this purpose (so no she can’t shut down someone’s magic by existing there). The range of this effect is up to 25 meters within a spell that Sharp creates (but no larger than the spell’s own range, so basically between the ranges of self, up to 25). This range limit for this effect applies to all of her spells regardless of rank (so an S rank with a 100 meter range would only prevent it from happening within the closet 25 meters of Sharp, but not the other 75).

Finally effects that cancel out any of Sharp’s magic(s)/lineage that are equal to or lower than her rank don’t affect her magic(s)/lineage or her proper(but not effects that block it like a shield or another spell hitting her magic etc. just those effects that prevent her from using her magic), areas on forum that disable magic, still cause her to be unable to use her magic as normal, but don’t cause her to vanish back to the celestial realm (due to her being a celestial spirit and thus being fueled by magic), just disable her using it for anything but keeping herself within the “real” world.  

• Negative Purging: Sharp’s magic focuses on purging both herself and others of the more negative aspects of life, sadly its left her with little to no emotion of her own, but it’s the price she has paid. Sharp can purge negative emotions from others naturally around her. This allows her to provide a plot based power to make others calmer naturally (should they not try and fight back against it or something). Sharp has an aura around her that stretches 15 meters out, and increases incrementally with her rank (15 meters at D rank, 30 meters at C rank, 50 meters at B rank, 75 meters at A rank, and 100 meters at S rank, SS rank, and H rank.) This aura lets up to 2 allies (the word allies meaning Sharp chooses who is affected by this ability), become affected by this aura, +1 ally per rank above D (So 3 at C rank, 4 at B rank, 5 at A rank, 6 at S rank, 7 at SS rank, and 8 at H rank).

This aura not only provides the previous ability of calming others down and purging negative emotions, but purges the darkest corners of their mind, eliminating their fears from their subconscious, if only temporarily. This can be both a good and bad thing as fear can keep one alive, but at the same time could hold them back from succeeding. Effectively this makes the allies within her aura immune to fear effects, but not damage added onto said effects (so a spell causes fear, and deals C rank damage, an ally in her aura would take the C rank damage, but wouldn’t be afraid etc.). This effect also applies to Sharp. In addition, Illusions that have fear as an effect decrease their duration when used against Sharp (but not her allies) by 1 post, but Sharp can’t add any fear effects to any of her spells/abilities. All effects of fear or illusions are limited to Sharp’s own rank, so a higher ranked spell/ability that causes fear, will still work as normal, but equal and lower will have their effects muted.

This aura doesn’t apply to her “ether” unique abilities effects (see previous ability) of preventing magic from originating within her own.

• Ether Adaptation: Sharp’s magic is both volatile and benevolent, it restricts her on many levels, but at the same time provides her with blessings that could make others jealous. This shows in her adaptation to various natural environments and possible needs that might arise for her on a day to day basis. Sharp’s ether can project from her back, forming a pair of wings that allow for her to fly, the wings size don’t fully matter for this effect, but are normally no longer than she is tall. Sharp is also naturally sustained by her magical power rather than outside sources, allowing for her to function without the need to breathe, eat, sleep, etc. ( this is to represent the “understood” physiology of a celestial spirit, and how they don’t need most things humans need to function). Finally her ether fueling her body allows for her to function in naturally hostile environments that would kill/disable/harm someone normally, but has no effect on magical environments or the like (so she’s in a blizzard she can survive just fine {aside from all the vision blocking, but she won’t get frostbite/hypothermia etc.} but if it’s a magical blizzard she’d feel the effects of it), this is due to her magic purifying her body constantly, making it remain it’s structure regardless of natural influences, (not an effect, just the fluff). The restriction of non-magical environments doesn’t apply to the celestial spirit realm, which is technically her home, and “where she is from”.

• Penance: Sharp’s ability to purify others of various afflictions previously didn’t incorporate any form of punishment, the magic being more benevolent. After accessing some of her power from the contract with Chaoris (fluff), Sharp has begun to realize the more cruel nature of the world, and how some deserve to become punished. She has thusly twisted her magic slightly in order to on occasion punish those who challenge her new found wisdom into the way the world works. Whenever Sharp would cause an opponent to lose positive buffs upon themselves (usually through spells) she can cause the buff’s to become a negative instead of simply being purged. This ability adds 5% to the cost of the spell, unless it wouldn’t have a cost in the first place naturally (such as D ranks at S rank, and not due to a magical cost decrease). Sharp can’t have buff’s upon herself negated or reversed, should an ability negate or reverse buffs and says nothing can defend against it, Sharp’s boosts will merely be halved for the duration of the ability/spell/lineage/equipment effect rather than completely negated/reversed.

Spells:

Spoiler:
    List of Spell Fusions:

Spoiler:

Approved

Aurora's magic.  MQNhOUw

Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 18th August 2016, 12:53 am

That Adopted Kid wrote:
    Magic

Strengths:

• Celestial: Purification magic, due to Sharp, counts as celestial, (so it can’t be eaten by slayers or absorbed by others {normally}), and follows all the positive and negatives that, that brings.

Weaknesses:

Lineage:

Synthetic Celestial:
    Unique Abilities:

• Hexagramic Wards: Sharp’s body is covered with many invisible wards that offer her various protections against magical and physical ills. The first effect of these various wards are that Sharp receives a 5% damage reduction to all magical and physical sources that affect her, with this reduction increasing by 5% for every rank about D that she is (so 10% at C rank, 15% at B rank, and 20% at A, and 25% at S/SS/H rank). In addition any status affecting de buff’s (such as paralysis, binding, sleep, stat decreases etc.) have their durations upon her decreased by 1 post if they are the same rank as her, or 2 posts if they are a lower rank than her, they last the full duration if they are 1 rank or more above her (so she is C rank, a D rank spell that paralysis’s her lasts for 3 posts, this ability would make it only last for 1 post, while if the spell was C rank it would last for 2 and if it was B rank would last the full 3). (This can’t lower the De buff to below 1 post).

• Penance: Sharp’s ability to purify others of various afflictions previously didn’t incorporate any form of punishment, the magic being more benevolent. After accessing some of her power from the contract with Chaoris (fluff), Sharp has begun to realize the more cruel nature of the world, and how some deserve to become punished. She has thusly twisted her magic slightly in order to on occasion punish those who challenge her new found wisdom into the way the world works. Whenever Sharp would cause an opponent to lose positive buffs upon themselves (usually through spells) she can cause the buff’s to become a negative instead of simply being purged. This ability adds 5% to the cost of the spell, unless it wouldn’t have a cost in the first place naturally (such as D ranks at S rank, and not due to a magical cost decrease). Sharp can’t have buff’s upon herself negated or reversed, should an ability negate or reverse buffs and says nothing can defend against it, Sharp’s boosts will merely be halved for the duration of the ability/spell/lineage/equipment effect rather than completely negated/reversed.

Spells:

Spoiler:
    List of Spell Fusions:

Spoiler:

Unlocked for edits

Aurora's magic.  MQNhOUw

That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 18th August 2016, 12:57 am

Updated.

Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 18th August 2016, 1:00 am

That Adopted Kid wrote:
    Magic

Strengths:

• Purified: Purification magic makes it so the user is pure, for the most part. A user of this magic can’t become a vampire, demon, werewolf, etc. This makes some things impossible to become, making this a strength as they can’t be corrupted into such, at least to them, putrid forms, and spells/abilities that heal can purify others of such afflictions, though it requires their permission for PC’s.

Weaknesses:

Lineage:

Synthetic Celestial:
    Unique Abilities:

• Hexagramic Wards: Sharp’s body is covered with many invisible wards that offer her various protections against magical and physical ills. The first effect of these various wards are that Sharp receives a 5% damage reduction to all magical and physical sources that affect her, with this reduction increasing by 5% for every rank about D that she is (so 10% at C rank, 15% at B rank, and 20% at A, and 25% at S/SS/H rank), Sharp can toggle the damage resistance off and on, on a whim. In addition any status affecting de buff’s (such as paralysis, binding, sleep, stat decreases etc.) have their durations upon her decreased by 1 post if they are the same rank as her, or 2 posts if they are a lower rank than her, they last the full duration if they are 1 rank or more above her (so she is C rank, a D rank spell that paralysis’s her lasts for 3 posts, this ability would make it only last for 1 post, while if the spell was C rank it would last for 2 and if it was B rank would last the full 3). (This can’t lower the De buff to below 1 post).

• Purify: Sharp’s magical power allows for the removal of others negative effects, in addition to the reversal of the positive effects of her enemies. Whenever a spell or ability of Sharps would cause an opponent to lose their buffs, Sharp can instead have their buff become reversed instead. This can be applied to any spell that Sharp uses that removes buff’s, but it adds 5% onto the cost of said spell, unless the spell naturally wouldn’t cost anything, (such as a D rank being used by an S rank etc.). Finally Sharp’s own buffs can’t be reversed or negate by effects that are originally her rank or lower, and effects that are originally one rank higher drop her buff’s to half effectiveness instead. If one states that their effect can’t be cancelled then simply count them as one rank higher for said effect against Sharp using the previous examples.

• Aura of Purification: Sharp can produce an aura around her which can purify the environment. This Aura extends up to 15 meters at D rank, 30 meters at C rank, 50 meters at B rank, 75 meters at A rank, 100 meters at S rank, and up to 2 miles at SS/H rank. While within said aura enemies which are originally her rank or lower have their buffs negated, enemies who are originally one rank higher have their buff’s turned half effective instead. If one can’t have their buffs negated then simply count them as one rank higher for said effect against Sharp using the previous examples. Sharp can manifest her spells counting as any point in the aura as the origin point. Sharp can turn this aura on and off at her whim.

• Holy Embodiment: Sharp’s purification magic makes her a bit of an embodiment of what is means to be holy, despite her normal actions meaning the contrary. Sharp’s form can take on a more angelic appearance, gaining wings which allow for flight, and some protection against other holy abilities. Any friendly holy ability/magic that hits Sharp will heal her instead of harm her, and Sharp receives 25% less damage from all holy based attacks dealt from the enemy. Due to this embodiment however, Sharp takes 25% more damage from unholy attacks, and unholy attacks can never heal Sharp. Finally all Holy attacks made by Sharp deal 25% extra damage and/or healing. All of the positive effects from this ability can be toggled on and off at Sharp’s whim.

• Blessed Armaments: Sharp’s magical abilities and weapons she holds can be imbued with her holy energy. Any abilities magic or equipment that Sharp uses can ignore up to half of the opponent damage resistance and shields, of those who are originally her rank and lower. Sharp can ignore up to one fourth of the opponents damage resistance and shields if they are originally one rank higher than her. Those who claim their damage resistance can’t be ignored are instead treated as one rank higher for the previous examples.

Spells:

Spoiler:
    List of Spell Fusions:

Spoiler:

approved

Aurora's magic.  MQNhOUw

Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 2nd December 2016, 11:37 pm

That Adopted Kid wrote:
    Magic

Strengths:

• Purified: Purification magic makes it so the user is pure, for the most part. A user of this magic can’t become a vampire, demon, werewolf, etc. This makes some things impossible to become, making this a strength as they can’t be corrupted into such, at least to them, putrid forms, and spells/abilities that heal can purify others of such afflictions, though it requires their permission for PC’s.

Weaknesses:

Lineage:

Synthetic Celestial:
    Unique Abilities:

• Hexagramic Wards: Sharp’s body is covered with many invisible wards that offer her various protections against magical and physical ills. The first effect of these various wards are that Sharp receives a 5% damage reduction to all magical and physical sources that affect her, with this reduction increasing by 5% for every rank about D that she is (so 10% at C rank, 15% at B rank, and 20% at A, and 25% at S/SS/H rank), Sharp can toggle the damage resistance off and on, on a whim. In addition any status affecting de buff’s (such as paralysis, binding, sleep, stat decreases etc.) have their durations upon her decreased by 1 post if they are the same rank as her, or 2 posts if they are a lower rank than her, they last the full duration if they are 1 rank or more above her (so she is C rank, a D rank spell that paralysis’s her lasts for 3 posts, this ability would make it only last for 1 post, while if the spell was C rank it would last for 2 and if it was B rank would last the full 3). (This can’t lower the De buff to below 1 post).

• Purify: Sharp’s magical power allows for the removal of others negative effects, in addition to the reversal of the positive effects of her enemies. Whenever a spell or ability of Sharps would cause an opponent to lose their buffs, Sharp can instead have their buff become reversed instead. This can be applied to any spell that Sharp uses that removes buff’s, but it adds 5% onto the cost of said spell, unless the spell naturally wouldn’t cost anything, (such as a D rank being used by an S rank etc.). Finally Sharp’s own buffs can’t be reversed or negate by effects that are originally her rank or lower, and effects that are originally one rank higher drop her buff’s to half effectiveness instead. If one states that their effect can’t be cancelled then simply count them as one rank higher for said effect against Sharp using the previous examples.

• Aura of Purification: Sharp can produce an aura around her which can purify the environment. This Aura extends up to 15 meters at D rank, 30 meters at C rank, 50 meters at B rank, 75 meters at A rank, 100 meters at S rank, and up to 2 miles at SS/H rank. While within said aura enemies which are originally her rank or lower have their buffs negated, enemies who are originally one rank higher have their buff’s turned half effective instead. If one can’t have their buffs negated then simply count them as one rank higher for said effect against Sharp using the previous examples. Sharp can manifest her spells counting as any point in the aura as the origin point. Sharp can turn this aura on and off at her whim.

• Holy Embodiment: Sharp’s purification magic makes her a bit of an embodiment of what is means to be holy, despite her normal actions meaning the contrary. Sharp’s form can take on a more angelic appearance, gaining wings which allow for flight, and some protection against other holy abilities. Any friendly holy ability/magic that hits Sharp will heal her instead of harm her, and Sharp receives 25% less damage from all holy based attacks dealt from the enemy. Due to this embodiment however, Sharp takes 25% more damage from unholy attacks, and unholy attacks can never heal Sharp. Finally all Holy attacks made by Sharp deal 25% extra damage and/or healing. All of the positive effects from this ability can be toggled on and off at Sharp’s whim.

• Blessed Armaments: Sharp’s magical abilities and weapons she holds can be imbued with her holy energy. Any abilities magic or equipment that Sharp uses can ignore up to half of the opponent damage resistance and shields, of those who are originally her rank and lower. Sharp can ignore up to one fourth of the opponents damage resistance and shields if they are originally one rank higher than her. Those who claim their damage resistance can’t be ignored are instead treated as one rank higher for the previous examples.

Spells:

Spoiler:
    List of Spell Fusions:

Spoiler:

burp, time for edits.

Aurora's magic.  MQNhOUw

That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 2nd December 2016, 11:42 pm

Updated

Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 2nd December 2016, 11:49 pm

That Adopted Kid wrote:
    Magic

Primary Magic: Water Dragon Slayer, 2nd generation.
    Description: This second generation water slayer magic is slightly different from most. Firstly, it was learned from a freshly deceased dragon via condensing their knowledge into a lacrima, so it probably as close as it could be to being taught by the dragon itself, at least in terms of time. Secondly the magic encompasses more obscure parts of water magic as all the dragon’s knowledge was taken out, not just on the flowing bits but on all of it, including experimental concepts allowing for a bit more variety around the central theme of water than most other lacrima’s. The themes generally include the usage of storms, fog, mist, and illusions to scramble an opponent’s sense of direction and abilities, along with good old fashioned drowning them in water. Unlike many other slayer types however this lacrima doesn’t focus upon disrupting the opponent via physical means and as such lacks any real debilitating physical status effects, such as paralyzing. This magic is designed to trap, encircle, and crush an opponent with a flurry of combinations and remorseless waves of attacks.

To further elaborate on the magic’s individual parts, there shall be a focus on different aspects, such as damage, weather, and illusions. The first aspect looked at is that of damage, the most obvious is in the form of water pressure and magically concentrated bouts and blows of water upon the opponent. The range, width and variety of these attacks can vary like the tides, with some being massive and others being incredibly tiny, though typically the tinier the deadlier but the least amount of surface affected, while massive attacks are still dangerous but could be considered lacking compared to the tiny spells punching power. Overall, all the damaging attacks play off each other as they all become sources of water for their durations to launch further attacks from if desired, allowing for a cascade of attacks to fly forth from but a simple set up move. In addition to all of this, she can also use her water to heal to a certain extent.

The weather aspect of this lacrima is both easy and difficult to explain. From simple fog and mist to storms up above, all of which can be used to further the users wishes. Much of the time storms are used to bolster the users own magical power within the area and to provide water for them to use for other attacks. Fog and mist are used to quickly move around the battlefield as they disappear and reappear within the mist at will, and hamper the opponent’s senses so it becomes nearly impossible to detect the user. All of this combines with the singular effect to sense those within their own weather most of the time, allowing for the user extreme flexibility in terms of their movement and attacks of opportunity.

Finally, the illusions aspect of this lacrima is probably the most complex aspect of it. While other aspects focus on the user’s abilities to move around the battlefield or chain attacks together, illusions specifically focus on messing with the opponent by using water particles either already in the air or that the user generates. This allows the user incredible range on their illusions and flexibility, however all illusions have the limitation of not actually rooting the opponent and instead just messing with their mind in untold ways. They can go as far as to alter all the user’s senses and perceptions, or simply alter only one, the sky is nearly the limit so long as the catalyst for being affected is listed.

How Hecate uses this magic is mostly described up above, with the weather to back her up and empower she takes control of the battlefields atmosphere and uses her attacks to launch more attacks towards the opponent, all while taking away most of their ability to fight with illusions and her disabling of their senses to a degree. This magic either goes off without a hitch and smashes an opponent into the ground with powerful combinations or adapts quickly to defend the user, with most battles ending shortly after they begin for better or worse.

Strengths:

• Dragon Slayer: This magic has the typical dragon slayer buff’s and concepts applied to it.

Weaknesses:

• Consumption: The user of this magic cannot consume demon or god slayer water magic.

• Status effects: This magic lacks any form of physical status effects.

Lineage:

Chrono Vampire:

Unique Abilities:

• Ultra Condensation: Being highly in tune with her magic, Hecate can manifest water as if it was second nature to her. Hecate can freely create water from her body and around her that is as strong and durable as her rank. Hecate can also freely control water around her so long as she can sense it, and can mold her body into that of a water form following the same previous stipulations. Finally, she receives a +25% bonus to both her physical and magical damage reduction.

• Stormkin: Being a mage that has focused on the application of water, Hecate has gained the ability to create rainstorm clouds within the very skybox above her, boosting her own abilities while it is active. Hecate can manifest rainstorms freely within the sky above or other such “roof” overhead. They can be torrential or light. These storms boost her magical power by 25% while they are active, and she can sense the magical power/strength of those who are touched by the rain produced within the storms.

• Hidden Mist: Being able to condense her own magic into a vapor state, Hecate can manifest fog/mist around herself to disappear within, should the need arise. Hecate can create mist/fog around her with a potential density to block vision. Once per post Hecate can disappear and reappear elsewhere within the fog/mist, and enemies cannot originate spells/abilities of equal rank or lower to Hecate within the fog/mist unless it originates from their bodies proper.

• Cloud Strider: being in tune with her water based magic Hecate developed some passive affects that let do what she always secretly wanted to, walk on clouds, oh and actually not get crushed by her own water pressure, guess that helps too. Hecate can walk upon any object which contains or produces water freely (such as clouds), and can move through water as if she was on land. In addition, she is immune to water pressure/damage/effects of her own water techniques unless they are positive/beneficial for her.

• Fluid Illusions: Whenever Hecate uses a spell or ability she can weave an illusion into it. This illusion is a special type of one that allows her to manipulate all the opponent’s senses, so long as the attack is sensed/seen/hits the opponent. The illusion lasts for long as the duration of the ability or spell, and one can only be affected by this additional effect once per post, regardless of how many spells/abilities are sensed/seen/hit. This illusion can stack with the effects of other illusions used from spells of their own, and if used through a spell this ability only counts as the same rank as the spell. Hecate can choose which rank affects the target, so if she uses an A ranked spell and C rank spell and the opponent senses/sees/is hit by both the A rank could apply.

Spells:

Spoiler:

okay

Aurora's magic.  MQNhOUw

Post by Guest 7th April 2017, 5:10 pm

Spoiler:

Unlocked at the user's request.
    That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 7th April 2017, 6:17 pm

Updated, changed any immunities and just changed the name to Aurora because I am lazy. :/

Post by Guest 7th April 2017, 6:40 pm

Spoiler:

Approved~!

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 7:42 am