Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Linked Item Magic (my real Primary Magic)

Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 
    Lineage : Soldier of Chaos
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Linked Item Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Linked Item Magic (my real Primary Magic) Empty Linked Item Magic (my real Primary Magic)

Post by Lionhorss 13th April 2013, 11:45 am

Primary Magic: Linked Item Magic
    Secondary Magic:
    Caster or Holder: Holder Magic
    Description: Linked Item Magic is a totally new magical concept that allows you to magically link together various magical items along with their effects. If the effects of the items are connected, then you can merge them together in various combinations, creating new effects. For example, you can merge the effects of Earth and Fire Staff in order to get Lava type effect.

Obviously, Linked Item Magic has its name because of the fact, that all Five Staffs of Elementium are magically connected with each other and with the user himself, in order for him/her to control better the items and the outcome of their merged effects.

As interesting as it may be, but all wizards at D-Rank start their journey through magic with only two staffs. As you grow up in rank, so does the number of staffs you may possess. At B-Rank you can possess another staff, making it in total three staffs. At A-Rank - totally, four staffs, and at S-Rank you can possess all Five Staffs of Elementium. Which staffs you may possess, depends upon each wizard individually, but Lionhorse, at present time, is using a Staff of Lucis and a Staff of Aeris.

It is also important for you to know, that effect merging ability at D-Rank is not invoked within a wizard, therefore he/she can't merge the effects of the staffs yet. It becomes possible at C-Rank and higher. At D-Rank the wizard can use the effects of the staffs singly.

Strengths:
    - Through this magic you can link together not only staffs with elemental properties, but also other magical items that have elemental properties, like Five Staffs of Elementium does - that's just in case if there is someone else who would like to use this magic, but with different items!!!
    - With this magic it is possible to create many new spells of different types by combining the abilities of the Staffs.

Weaknesses:
    - Five Staffs of Elementium must always be with the caster; if for some reason one of the staffs is broken, it is not possible to cast spells that needs that certain staff.
    - If one of the staffs is broken, it is not possible to repair it, and you must make it anew with Purifying Magic. It deals with linking and merging of the connections in details, and through those means it is possible to create new magical items (see [url=]Purifying Magic[/url]).
    - The greater is the distance between caster and staff, the less powerful magic will be:
    • if the distance between one and the other is 3 meters, all spells become weaker by 1 rank;
    • if the distance is 5 meters, all spells become weaker by 2 ranks;
    • if the distance is 7 meters, it is not possible to cast spells at all.

Abilities/Powers: Each staff grants the user abilities that can be used single or combined together via Linked Item Magic.

All Staffs of Elementium is the same size - 180 cm long and 25 mm thick, and is integral part of Linked Item Magic.

Staff of Terraris:
    Staff of Flammaris:
    Staff of Aquaris:
    Staff of Aeris:
    Staff of Lucis:
    - All staffs are connected to each other magically, so, in contrary with Shinigami's magic, this magic allows you to carry in your hand whichever staff you like the best, and you can even not to hold any staff in your hands, because their are connected to you as well; it is enough to have them near you - its Linked Item Magic after all.
    - There is one weakness for all five staffs – they all can be broken by dispell magic, if it is at least two ranks higher than the user of the staffs (that is one of the reasons why Staff of Aquaris goes out of order).

D-Rank spells:

Last edited by Lionhorss on 10th May 2013, 7:34 am; edited 26 times in total
    NightDrivenEn7
    NightDrivenEn7

Administrator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 3- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Shadows of Anarchy
    Experience : 200

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Requip: Four elements.
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Linked Item Magic (my real Primary Magic) Empty Re: Linked Item Magic (my real Primary Magic)

Post by NightDrivenEn7 14th April 2013, 7:29 am

....I hope that is not the best main description you can come up with; cause when I read that; I see little to nothing that explains the magic....just an explanation of what people don't have, and then a very small tidbit of what the magic is...

Further more, why do you have 5 staffs as a beginner? That doesn't make much sense in my book.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"True Strength shall be shown, and the corruption of magic shall be broken."

Current EXP: 150

Informatio and Items:
    :

Jobs:
    :

Completed Missions:

Theme:
    :
    Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Linked Item Magic (my real Primary Magic) Empty Re: Linked Item Magic (my real Primary Magic)

Post by Lionhorss 14th April 2013, 8:52 am

NightDrivenEn7 wrote:....I hope that is not the best main description you can come up with; cause when I read that; I see little to nothing that explains the magic....just an explanation of what people don't have, and then a very small tidbit of what the magic is...

I've EDITED that and tried to make it more understandable, though nothing much have been changed in the quantity of the text.

NightDrivenEn7 wrote:Further more, why do you have 5 staffs as a beginner? That doesn't make much sense in my book.

Actually, there is nothing wrong with that, because I imagined that I'll have all five staffs, but the possibilities would still be limited - the spell and combination numbers would still be limited.
    What do you propose? I'm open to suggestions.
    TacticalFallacy
    TacticalFallacy

The Undefined Formula

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Veteran Level 1- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Master Hades (Deceased)
    Experience : 450

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Amaterasu Mudra Formula
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by TacticalFallacy 16th April 2013, 7:03 am

At first I thought this magic meant that your spells are altered based on what elemental staffs you use, which is rather over-powered for this forum, but now it's much clearer that it's just each spells just require certain combinations of staff, which is acceptable. Now, I really like detail and creativity and I can see that this magic has some great potential with the possible elemental combinations. However, I have to agree with Night. Five staffs and thus five elements grants far too much versatility and adaptability for a D-rank mage. Recall that the similar-magic-user Mystogan has five magic staves when he was S-rank and when he was much younger, he only had one, so just like him, you have limit the number of staffs you have. Of course, having only one staff makes this magic quite irrelevant, so an acceptable number of staffs for you now would be two. You don't need to remove the staffs that you don't own. Keep them there, but note in your general description that you only own a few specific staffs as of now.

Start from there, then we will go on to your spells.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Theme:
    Current Jobs:
    Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lionhorss 16th April 2013, 2:37 pm

Done. EDITED.
    But I have a question: How many spells (at maximum) can I develop for each elemental type?
    TacticalFallacy
    TacticalFallacy

The Undefined Formula

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Veteran Level 1- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by TacticalFallacy 17th April 2013, 2:36 am

Lionhorss wrote:Done. EDITED.
    But I have a question: How many spells (at maximum) can I develop for each elemental type?

There is no maximum for elemental types. However, there is a maximum number of total spells according to your rank. While it can be increased by ranking up or buying these 'spell slots' in the magic shop, the base D-rank maximum is 4 D-rank spells.

Also, state in your description the current two staffs that you in particular possess.

Theme:
    Current Jobs:
    Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lionhorss 17th April 2013, 1:07 pm

EDITED.

Lionhorse's Main Theme:

Lionhorse's Battle Theme:
    TacticalFallacy
    TacticalFallacy

The Undefined Formula

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by TacticalFallacy 18th April 2013, 1:52 am

Lionhorss wrote:EDITED.
    Alright, so you have a staff of light and a staff of air, so you can only use air and light attacks at the moment. So remove all spells that do not belong in these elemental categories and then add more relevant spells until the total number of spells you have reach the maximum of 4.

Theme:
    Current Jobs:
    Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lionhorss 19th April 2013, 3:28 pm

EDITED.

Lionhorse's Main Theme:

TacticalFallacy
    TacticalFallacy

The Undefined Formula

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by TacticalFallacy 20th April 2013, 8:29 pm

Alright, ON TO SPELLS!

Hmm.....

Cloud Walking:
    -Say, if a person were to suddenly depress the ground below you when you are floating, like create a giant hole, would you fall? Since you technically more than 50 cm above the ground.
    -More importantly though, state cooldown to be after spell duration has ended.
    -Another weakness is that you leave yourself even more vulnerable to higher-ranked air attacks and also because you are levitating, your grip on the ground and hence resistance to force is much smaller, thus you are more vulnerable to knock-backs or being grabbed out of the air.
    -Speed needs to be more logical. A person sprinting can reach up to 40 km/hour and the mages here are quite buffed in terms of superhuman physical attributes. Increase it to 35 km/hour.
    -The 20% evasion rate needs to be translated into a more measurable form and with logical limits. It can only be used on a max of two spells in one post, the spells it is used against has to be slower than you and you gain twenty percent more dodge rolls against it. Also, if successful, it has to specifically be a result of you dodging, not guarding.

Vanish:
    -I'm conflicted on approving this because the Vanish magic has little to do with air and more like space-time magic because it allows you to pass through things that are physically in the same space as you. In fact, after saying that, I cannot approve this. Try something more realistic and attached to air.

Daylight:
    -Both duration and cooldown are far too over-the-top for a D-rank. 4 post duration for Daylight and 6 post cooldown.

Sun Ray:
    -Reduce cooldown to 4. It's way too weak to deserve a 7-post cooldown.

Theme:
    Current Jobs:
    Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lionhorss 21st April 2013, 6:36 am

TacticalFallacy wrote:Alright, ON TO SPELLS!

Hmm.....

Cloud Walking:
    -Say, if a person were to suddenly depress the ground below you when you are floating, like create a giant hole, would you fall? Since you technically more than 50 cm above the ground.
    Yes, I would fall. Maybe I should change it, so that I wouldn't fall? How do you think?
    TacticalFallacy wrote:-More importantly though, state cooldown to be after spell duration has ended.
    But there is a cooldown, already. Isn't it?
    TacticalFallacy wrote:-Another weakness is that you leave yourself even more vulnerable to higher-ranked air attacks and also because you are levitating, your grip on the ground and hence resistance to force is much smaller, thus you are more vulnerable to knock-backs or being grabbed out of the air.
    Well, first, try and hit me with force type attack. :)
    TacticalFallacy wrote:-Speed needs to be more logical. A person sprinting can reach up to 40 km/hour and the mages here are quite buffed in terms of superhuman physical attributes. Increase it to 35 km/hour.
    I like the number 40 km/h. Can I change to that?
    TacticalFallacy wrote:-The 20% evasion rate needs to be translated into a more measurable form and with logical limits. It can only be used on a max of two spells in one post, the spells it is used against has to be slower than you and you gain twenty percent more dodge rolls against it. Also, if successful, it has to specifically be a result of you dodging, not guarding.
    What kinds of units, other than percents, can I use on this forum?
    TacticalFallacy wrote:Vanish:
    -I'm conflicted on approving this because the Vanish magic has little to do with air and more like space-time magic because it allows you to pass through things that are physically in the same space as you. In fact, after saying that, I cannot approve this. Try something more realistic and attached to air.
    I don't think that would be space-time, because I simply apply air's property of invisibility to an item. Air is invisible, right? We can only perceive it with touch.
    TacticalFallacy wrote:Daylight:
    -Both duration and cooldown are far too over-the-top for a D-rank. 4 post duration for Daylight and 6 post cooldown.
    Got that one.
    TacticalFallacy wrote:Sun Ray:
    -Reduce cooldown to 4. It's way too weak to deserve a 7-post cooldown.
    Alright.
    TacticalFallacy
    TacticalFallacy

The Undefined Formula

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by TacticalFallacy 21st April 2013, 7:13 am

Lionhorss wrote:
    TacticalFallacy wrote:Alright, ON TO SPELLS!

Hmm.....

Cloud Walking:
    Yes, I would fall. Maybe I should change it, so that I wouldn't fall? How do you think?

Nah, do fall and suffer. Besides, such a situation is extremely rare, so just state this in the weaknesses.

Lionhorss wrote:
    TacticalFallacy wrote:-More importantly though, state cooldown to be after spell duration has ended.
    But there is a cooldown, already. Isn't it?

Problem is, if I am getting your current wording, your spell lasts for 5 of your posts, while your cooldown takes 7 TOTAL posts. You know what that means? If they are both side by side, your spell lasts 10 TOTAL posts, while taking 7 TOTAL posts to cooldown. That means that your spell is essentially infinite, which cannot be allowed. That is why I need cooldown to be after the spell's duration, to avoid this.

Lionhorss wrote:
    TacticalFallacy wrote:-Another weakness is that you leave yourself even more vulnerable to higher-ranked air attacks and also because you are levitating, your grip on the ground and hence resistance to force is much smaller, thus you are more vulnerable to knock-backs or being grabbed out of the air.
    Well, first, try and hit me with force type attack. :)

Just add it in if you get hit.

Lionhorss wrote:
    TacticalFallacy wrote:-Speed needs to be more logical. A person sprinting can reach up to 40 km/hour and the mages here are quite buffed in terms of superhuman physical attributes. Increase it to 35 km/hour.
    I like the number 40 km/h. Can I change to that?

Alright then.

Lionhorss wrote:
    TacticalFallacy wrote:-The 20% evasion rate needs to be translated into a more measurable form and with logical limits. It can only be used on a max of two spells in one post, the spells it is used against has to be slower than you and you gain twenty percent more dodge rolls against it. Also, if successful, it has to specifically be a result of you dodging, not guarding.
    What kinds of units, other than percents, can I use on this forum?

The problem is: percentage is not a unit, it's just a value. The fact of the matter is you are missing a unit and thus the unit I suggested to you is dodge rolls, which is basically a dice roll that dictates the success of your defensive response to an attack. So basically what my whole suggestion is is that if an opponent fires out a spell that attacks you with 10 projectiles, you can dodge 12 times in total compared to the normal 10 times. In other words, 20% more than your basic dodging capabilities. Other values you can use could be a flat boost in dodge-roll amount (add 2 more rolls to dodge roll) or an assured dodge of a small amount of attacks.

Lionhorss wrote:
    TacticalFallacy wrote:Vanish:
    I don't think that would be space-time, because I simply apply air's property of invisibility to an item. Air is invisible, right? We can only perceive it with touch.

Let me remind you about your spell's powers. One: it can make things invisible. That's alright. I get that.
    Two: It allows you to go through objects. (Quote: For example, a boulder blocking a path could be made to vanish allowing the caster and/or any accompanying companions to pass through where the boulder was once located.) Do you really think that air can just REPLACE objects outright from existence? You are phasing a section of matter out of the plane of existence, allowing you to occupy where it was once was. No matter how invisible something is, it is there. If I make my door invisible, I'm not likely to be getting out of my room any time soon. Or it's like playing golf with an invisible flagpole still jammed in the hole. Invisibility can't let you make things literally vanish as if they never ever were there. If I were to use this on someone's arm, it will be equivalent to completely cutting it off. Blood will spurt everywhere in fountains while the poor guy will be lying on the ground in shock. Then imagine if I do it on the midsection. He will fall apart. Even if you say that the object is replaced by air, that is essentially matter substitution which is one of the powers of space/time, which is why I stated it.

Theme:
    Current Jobs:
    Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lionhorss 21st April 2013, 8:32 am

TacticalFallacy wrote:Nah, do fall and suffer.
    Awww... you like when I suffer, don't you? :)

TacticalFallacy wrote:Problem is, if I am getting your current wording, your spell lasts for 5 of your posts, while your cooldown takes 7 TOTAL posts. You know what that means? If they are both side by side, your spell lasts 10 TOTAL posts, while taking 7 TOTAL posts to cooldown. That means that your spell is essentially infinite, which cannot be allowed. That is why I need cooldown to be after the spell's duration, to avoid this.
    I have changed all cooldowns and made them more easy to comprehend, therefore there is a possibility I'll need to change them after your check.

TacticalFallacy wrote:The problem is: percentage is not a unit, it's just a value. The fact of the matter is you are missing a unit and thus the unit I suggested to you is dodge rolls, which is basically a dice roll that dictates the success of your defensive response to an attack. So basically what my whole suggestion is is that if an opponent fires out a spell that attacks you with 10 projectiles, you can dodge 12 times in total compared to the normal 10 times. In other words, 20% more than your basic dodging capabilities. Other values you can use could be a flat boost in dodge-roll amount (add 2 more rolls to dodge roll) or an assured dodge of a small amount of attacks.
    I've added the dodge rolls.

TacticalFallacy wrote:Let me remind you about your spell's powers. One: it can make things invisible. That's alright. I get that.
    Two: It allows you to go through objects. (Quote: For example, a boulder blocking a path could be made to vanish allowing the caster and/or any accompanying companions to pass through where the boulder was once located.) Do you really think that air can just REPLACE objects outright from existence? You are phasing a section of matter out of the plane of existence, allowing you to occupy where it was once was. No matter how invisible something is, it is there. If I make my door invisible, I'm not likely to be getting out of my room any time soon. Or it's like playing golf with an invisible flagpole still jammed in the hole. Invisibility can't let you make things literally vanish as if they never ever were there. If I were to use this on someone's arm, it will be equivalent to completely cutting it off. Blood will spurt everywhere in fountains while the poor guy will be lying on the ground in shock. Then imagine if I do it on the midsection. He will fall apart. Even if you say that the object is replaced by air, that is essentially matter substitution which is one of the powers of space/time, which is why I stated it.
    I've changed the effect of the spell.
    NightDrivenEn7
    NightDrivenEn7

Administrator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 3- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Shadows of Anarchy
    Experience : 200

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Requip: Four elements.
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by NightDrivenEn7 21st April 2013, 9:46 pm

I still see all five staffs.....was it not mentioned to remove the others? you can save them onto a file for later

"True Strength shall be shown, and the corruption of magic shall be broken."

Current EXP: 150

Informatio and Items:
    :

Jobs:
    :

Completed Missions:

Theme:
    :
    Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lionhorss 22nd April 2013, 11:10 am

Well, Tactical said its fine to have the description of all five staffs as long as I define in the main description of magic, which staffs do I possess at present time.

Lionhorse's Main Theme:

TacticalFallacy
    TacticalFallacy

The Undefined Formula

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by TacticalFallacy 23rd April 2013, 6:20 am

Either way can work, Night, so long as there is a method to record the other unused staffs for reference when he ranks up and gets more of them. I'll defer to your judgement.

Theme:
    Current Jobs:
    Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lionhorss 24th April 2013, 4:14 am

Well... now what should I do?

Lionhorse's Main Theme:

TacticalFallacy
    TacticalFallacy

The Undefined Formula

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by TacticalFallacy 26th April 2013, 4:54 am

There are still changes to be made.

First of all, your cloud walking is once again vague in its cooldown. 7 successive posts after your post? What does that mean? What 'post' are you refering to? Does that mean upon your post of activation your cooldown starts? Be even clearer. You made it even more vague. Like I said, I can only accept this if your cooldown is after your spell's entire duration.

Now for Vanish, I need a clarification of the maximum size of an object that you can make invisible. And once again, you have the unspecific 'my post' thing.

Okay, for all of your cooldown after 'my post', please clarify what you mean.

Be clearer with that statement saying that Daylight can dispel darkness spells, as I recall that it just means it can negate environmental darkness spells. Offensive darkness magic and defensive magic are not affected. Something that could dispel even those like that is far too strong for a four-post-duration D-rank spell.

Theme:
    Current Jobs:
    Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lionhorss 29th April 2013, 4:29 am

TacticalFallacy wrote:There are still changes to be made.

First of all, your cloud walking is once again vague in its cooldown. 7 successive posts after your post? What does that mean? What 'post' are you refering to? Does that mean upon your post of activation your cooldown starts? Be even clearer. You made it even more vague. Like I said, I can only accept this if your cooldown is after your spell's entire duration.

Now for Vanish, I need a clarification of the maximum size of an object that you can make invisible. And once again, you have the unspecific 'my post' thing.

Okay, for all of your cooldown after 'my post', please clarify what you mean.
    Alright, maybe I do made things worse. :) Sorry about that. I think I misunderstood the term of Cooldown. Cooldown is the count of posts for how long you can't use the spell after duration's last post. Right?

TacticalFallacy wrote:Be clearer with that statement saying that Daylight can dispel darkness spells, as I recall that it just means it can negate environmental darkness spells. Offensive darkness magic and defensive magic are not affected. Something that could dispel even those like that is far too strong for a four-post-duration D-rank spell.
    Yes, it can dispell only environmental darkness spells - the ones that steal away environmental light or light producing spells.

First post EDITED!!! I've also edited Sun Ray spell a little bit and Vanish spell.

Lionhorse's Main Theme:

TacticalFallacy
    TacticalFallacy

The Undefined Formula

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by TacticalFallacy 1st May 2013, 4:19 am

Alright, seeing that Night has yet to reply, I think the extra staffs problem is alright with the current solution. Just keep the staffs here for future reference.

And yes, your definition of cool-down is right. So just keep that in mind and we will be fine.

Alright, give me the size of the Sun Ray beam, as well as tell me why the duration is 3 posts, when the casting procedure is just 1 post, followed by the second activation post. So what's the third? Is your beam a magical laser that lasts 2 posts?

Theme:
    Current Jobs:
    Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lionhorss 6th May 2013, 11:37 am

TacticalFallacy wrote:And yes, your definition of cool-down is right. So just keep that in mind and we will be fine.
    So, I should simply write a number of posts, for example, 3 posts, 5 posts etc. Yes?

TacticalFallacy wrote:Alright, give me the size of the Sun Ray beam, as well as tell me why the duration is 3 posts, when the casting procedure is just 1 post, followed by the second activation post. So what's the third? Is your beam a magical laser that lasts 2 posts?
    I don't know why duration is 3 posts. Its just a thing that I have been told by other members of the forum - that duration of D-Rank spells at minimum must be 3 posts, so, I just wrote 3 posts as a duration.

Sorry, for not answering you for so long. I just had holidays and I was in Germany with my youth group from church.

Lionhorse's Main Theme:

TacticalFallacy
    TacticalFallacy

The Undefined Formula

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by TacticalFallacy 7th May 2013, 5:17 am

Lionhorss wrote:
    So, I should simply write a number of posts, for example, 3 posts, 5 posts etc. Yes?

Yes, that's right.

Lionhorss wrote:
    I don't know why duration is 3 posts. Its just a thing that I have been told by other members of the forum - that duration of D-Rank spells at minimum must be 3 posts, so, I just wrote 3 posts as a duration.

Ah, they told you wrongly. Actually they should be referring to minimum cooldown, not duration. Duration just refers to how long the spell's effect/attack/defence/buff etc lasts. If it is an instantaneous attack that does not last over posts, then you can just put duration as one post.

Theme:
    Current Jobs:
    Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lionhorss 8th May 2013, 5:44 am

TacticalFallacy wrote:Alright, give me the size of the Sun Ray beam

How do you mean that - the size?

Lionhorse's Main Theme:

Alye
    Alye

The Windrider

The Windrider

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- God Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Disparity
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Mentor : Self-Taught
    Experience : 337500

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Storm Magic
    Second Magic: Wind Healing Magic
    Third Magic:

Post by Alye 9th May 2013, 3:43 pm

Hi there! By size, Tactical means the length and width of the beam, and I would also suggest tacking on the range of the beam.

Linked Item Magic (my real Primary Magic) VzaWKfF
    Lionhorss
    Lionhorss

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lionhorss 10th May 2013, 7:38 am

Alye wrote:Hi there! By size, Tactical means the length and width of the beam, and I would also suggest tacking on the range of the beam.

EDITED: Spell's range is already written in Strengths section.

Lionhorse's Main Theme:

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 5:03 pm