Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Mission: Find this book (Marros)

Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : YinYang Monkey Spirit
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 5,031.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Coquendum Magus
    Second Skill: Cerberus Slayer
    Third Skill:

Mission: Find this book (Marros) Empty Mission: Find this book (Marros)

Post by Shard 8th December 2012, 1:43 pm

Job: Find This Book!
    Player Requirements: single or team. 2 D rank mage max for team. 10 post each and 85 words per post.
    Job Location: Peace Village
    Job Description: "There is an old lady who enjoys reading a lot when she was younger who wanted to read a certain book that is used to be her favourite. Too bad the book is out of print and it is not being sold anymore. The only place that the book could be found is in a library but she is too old to go out on her own. She would ask help but most of the people she knew are too busy. So the old lady decides to make this a request for anyone willing to help her find this book in the library.”

HELP INFO:
    - You can make up the name of the book as long as it is not common and a rare book
    - The library that has the book would be in trouble
    - The library was pranked by some kids who decided to rearrange the books in the library so that it would be hard to find anything.
    - The book is somewhere in the library and it is hard to find it
    - If the book is about to be found, some of the kids would be there to grab it and run off with it.
    - The kid is just having fun and would give the book if they are scolded.

Mission Objectives:
    - Go to the Library and find the book
    - Do not destroy anything, especially books
    - Do not harm anyone
    - Retrieve the book and borrow it from the library before giving it to the old lady
    Enemies: None
    Reward: 5'000 Jewels

----------------------
    The man known as Marros had arrived at peace village and he was here for a reason. A mission which should be simple, find a book in a library and rent it out for some old lady. Normally, he wouldn't bother, but the prize money seemed worth it. He knocked on the door of the home and waited for a few moments. Eventually it was opened by an old lady.

"Hey. I'm Marros from Eclipse Soul. I came to answer your request." he said with a smile. The woman nodded.

"Thank you for coming. The book is called Legend of the Stellar Knight. Its got a green cover and its about this knight who came from the celestial spirit world to save ours from destruction. She used star magic if I remember rightly" she said and then frowned. "I've heard a bunch of hooligans have been messing up the place so it might be hard to find. Don't break anything or hurt anyone." He nodded in understanding. He didn't plan to break anything, but not hurting people was kinda boring. Still if that was what the client wanted. "Try your best."

"I always do." he replied and headed off towards the library. All he had to do was deal with the disorganized library and the hooligans. Hopefully, the book was still in the library somewhere. It had to be.

Last edited by Marros_Graven on 8th December 2012, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Mission: Find this book (Marros) Empty Re: Mission: Find this book (Marros)

Post by Shard 8th December 2012, 2:39 pm

He headed through town heading through the library and entered it. Grafitti had covered most of the outside and when he entered he could immediately see that the hooligans had been placing books in all the wrong places. This was obvious due to the few sections he could see all containing books that weren't relevant to their section. He sighed deeply and walked into the library beginning to look around. It seemed that there was no order to where the books had been placed. He'd hoped they'd just swapped sections round, but it was all over the place. The only clue he had was that no section contained books relevant to it. That removed some sections. It was a fictional story so it wouldn't be in the fiction sections. That cut about 40% of the libary out of the way straight away. It was about knights so it wouldn't be in a section about knights. It was about magic so that removed the magic. It was a tale of heroes so it wouldn't be in a section about heroes. He could probably cut out about 70% of the libary, but if there were about 100,000 books that meant there were 30,000 to search through. There had to be some sort of clue. Some sort of pattern he was missing. Either that or he would have to search through thousands of books. He had to give it to the hooligans though, they had messed it up in quite an organized way.

"Best get looking till I can work it out." he said to himself and walked up to a section about reptiles and began to scan through it slowly.
    Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 9th December 2012, 6:06 am

After searching through the herpetology section he considered where to go next and came up with an idea. If he began to put the books back where they belonged he might locate the book he wanted whilst scanning those sections. He nodded to himself. It seemed like a valid idea to him. He scanned the section again and grabbed a few books and wandered off looking around the place for where they belonged. The first belonged to the medieval which he felt wasn't the right place to find the book he wanted, but he scanned it briefly anyway. No, it definitely wasn't here or at least not on first glance. He put the book in the section and wandered off to find the place for the next one. Something about flying machines. A technology section perhaps? He shrugged and headed off to find that section anyway. Again, the book he wanted wasn't present.

"This is gonna take forever. I should of brought someone with me." he grumbled.
    Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 9th December 2012, 7:26 am

After about an hour he had managed to rearrange some of the books back to their original sections and thus had searched randomly over several sections. He hadn't been searching in too much depth. Just a skim. No book so far had a green cover so none of them could be the book. This was getting quite annoying. He kind of wanted to just find the kids responsible for this disorder and beat them till they told him the pattern so he could find the book. That or beat them until they revealed where they had hidden the book. However, he had no clues as to where they might be so for now he decided to continue with his method. Slow rearranging of the books was not helping that much. It just gave him a random pattern to his search. Perhaps a more methodical search method would be better. However, the only other idea he had was to search section by section. That would take a while. He sighed.

"I really should of brought someone with me." he said and then he snapped his fingers. He had an idea. What he wanted was a book with a green cover. So he only had to check green books. So if he just went down the aisles and looked for green books perhaps he could find them.
    Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 9th December 2012, 7:33 am

The question was should he walk or run and if he ran should he run normally or with takeover legs. If he used takeover legs he would move faster, but he couldn't turn well and stopping took time so he might crash into something and break it, which he was told not to do. "I'll jog." he decided and began to jog down the aisles. Every time he spotted a green cover he would pick it up and look at it. However, he did not find it down the first few aisles. This was still going to take a while, but it would be quicker than his original method.

Strangely, he felt that as he proceeded he was being watched by more and more people. He was certain he saw movement out of the corner of his eyes, but he could never catch whatever it was. Perhaps the amount that he was being watched was increasing the closer he got, but how would they know what he was looking for? Unless, they'd been listening near the house. Damn, were these kids trying to piss him off?
    Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 9th December 2012, 8:30 am

As he moved through the aisles in an almost silence fashion he managed to pick up the sound of whispers and the sound of giggling. He was definitely being watched. He suddenly stopped and sprinted off in the direction of some of the giggling, but still didn't see anyone. They were clever. He stopped and resumed his search. They were obviously trying to throw him off to annoy him. Well, he'd show them. He continued to head through the aisles when in the distance he saw a group of kids near a shelf and in each of their hands a book with a green cover. They all looked at him and blew raspberries before one held up a book.

"I got ya book grandad." he said and ran off with the others. As they ran they began to chuck the books to eachother swapping them and swapping them making it difficult for him to tell where the book was. As they got to a fork in the books they split up and all headed off.

"Get back here you brats." he shouted. "And i'm not old. I'm 19"
    Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 9th December 2012, 8:50 am

The kids were fast, but Marros was faster. He had trained to be fast. So speed was not their edge. Confusion and knowledge of the layout was their edge. They could easily swap the books about by meeting with each other. So there was no point trying to work out who had it. His best bet was to find each of them and take the book they had. That was his plan anyway. The issue was that there were so many turns. However, he had an edge they did not. An aerial advantage. The books did not reach all the way to the ceiling, in fact there was quite a sizeable gap. Enough to do what he wanted.

"Wings of Pazuzu." he stated causing air to swirl over his back forming two bat-like black wings. He grinned and leapt into the sky flying over the tops looking for them. Eventually he spotted one and flew towards them. They looked up and spotted him causing the kid to yelp in surprise and run faster, but he was not fast enough. Marros landed in front of him and lifted him up with one hand.

"Let go of me ya big bully." he said angrily, but with fear in his voice. Marros just grinned and with his other hand removed the book. It wasn't the one he wanted so he placed it on the shelf and then looked at the kid.

"Listen kid. I get you're probably bored in this town and want some fun, but annoying people isn't the way to go about it. Go make something of yourself and stop pissing everyone off or its just gonna backfire on you." he said calmly. "Get the hell out of here kid. If ya don't i'm gonna have to show you the error of your ways" he said darkly as he placed the kid down. The kid nodded and ran off. Marros smiled, perhaps he had got through to the kid, but his smile faded when he heard the kid call out.

"Guys he can fly. Better hide. I'm outta here." Marros grimaced and took to the sky. Now all he had to do was find the other two. Or perhaps just one if he was lucky. What the kid said may have given him a greater edge. If they took the advice they wouldn't be moving so he could catch them more easily. All he had to do was find them and whilst looking about he had seen quite a few likely hiding spots.
    Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 9th December 2012, 9:09 am

Marros flew over the top, his bat wings flapping causing a slight sound. It made a stealthy approach impossible. However, it gave him a bird's eye view and using that he spotted one of the kids dart into a cupboard and close it. He grinned and flew down about two aisles over and then walked towards the cupboard and thrust his hand through the gap and pulled out the kid. He didn't have the book either, which only left one kid left.

"Kid, this isn't good. Stop pissing people off and make something of yourself. Now i'm gonna let you go nad you're gonna get out of my sight and stay silent." Marros said and the kid nodded before running off. Just one more kid to find. He'd probably of hidden by now, which would make things trickier. Still he was sure he could find the kid. The kid who he had just let go seemed smarted and ran off silently towards the door. He chuckled to himself. Annoying as these kids were this game of hide and seek was kind of fun. He took to the skies again. His wings didn't have much time left so he'd have to make this time count.
    Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 9th December 2012, 9:16 am

There were many places to hide, but as Marros landed near one of them he heard the distinctive sound of footsteps heading towards the door. The kid was trying to make a break for it with the book. He rocketed back into the air and flew off towards the door managing to land in front of it just as the kid was about to reach it. Marros extended a hand.

"Hand the book over kid. Its for an old lady. Or are you that much of a brat I need to punish you before you hand it over?" he said with a dark threatening tone. The kid shook his head and chucked the book at Marros before running off. Marros was taken by surprise and the book hit him in the forehead. "DAMN IT KID!." he yelled, but the kid was gone back into the maze of books. Marros sighed deeply and walked over to the librarian to get the book rented out. He explained who it was for and the librarian stamped it. "I tidied up the place a bit and hopefully those kids won't be in too bother you again." The woman shrugged and Marros left.
    Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 9th December 2012, 9:22 am

As Marros left the library his wings faded and he sighed deeply. It would of been quicker to fly over to where the woman was. Oh well, he was in no rush now. To his surprise he saw two of the kids waiting. Both of them bowed apologetically and muttered apologies before running off.

"Hey kids. I had fun. I'll come again sometime and we can play a proper game of hide and seek or something." he said cheerfully though in this was a veiled threat. Basically, don't play up because I WILL be coming back again. With that he headed off to the cottage and knocked on the woman's door. She smiled and took the book off of him.

"Thank you so much kind sir." she said hugging the book tightly to her chest. She walked into the house and came out a few moments later to hand him a small pouch of jewels. He took it and bowed.

"It was my pleasure. If you need help again just ask for Marros Graven at Eclipse Soul. I'm always happy to help a young lady like yourself." he replied causing the woman to blush and rush into the house. Marros grinned and began the journey back home.
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 9th December 2012, 11:30 am

approved

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space