Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Train the troops

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Quality Badge Level 1- Player 
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Position : None
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Power of Love [INW]
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Train the troops Empty Train the troops

Post by Love Warrior Riley 6th October 2015, 5:20 pm

Hooray! His job today is to train new recruits to the Rune Knights. A band of scallywags and ruffians. He was given a brief run-down the day prior on some of the commands they are to be taught. As Baal approached the group of ruffians standing casually in line, he stood there to observe the drill sergeant. The man seemed worn out and too old for this kind of thing. He also seemed to be smaller stature than most of the recruits and didn't have an air of confidence with himself. Baal's teeth grinded slightly.

Stepping forward, Baal shouted out to the squad. “Squad! Atten-huwah!” he shouted in a resounding voice, instantly grabbing the attention of the recruits and the drill instructor. The recruits raised a brow at Baal only for the original drill instructor to step up to Baal. Before he could say anything, Baal delivered a stiff backhand to the drill instructor's face. “Not anymore you aren't!” With one of his Mystic Hands, he pushed the previous Drill instructor out of the way and spoke to him through telepathy. ~Sit back and watch. Those are orders from above. Do not break my command, do you understand?~

Without waiting for a response, Baal centered himself on the formation of wannabe grunts and stood at attention and repeated his command once again. Instantly, the men snapped-to what they thought was the position of attention. Shaking his head, Baal looked at their position and made a noise meant to break their bearing. The sound was that of disgust.

What the hell is that?! That isn't the position of attention! That looks like you're ready to get your ass handed to you by a dark guild. Do you want a member of the dark guild to think you're a pansy!” he shouted out to the group. “Stand with confidence! Stand up straight and like me!” he stated as she turned to the side to show exactly how he was standing so they could emulate.

Not being able to even stand at attention makes you look weak. Do you want the Dark Guild to think you're weak? If they think you look weak, they'll exploit you and they will violate your family. Do you want them to violate your family because you're a pansy?

NO SIR!” the men shouted before one of the men laughed. This caught the attention of Baal. His eyes widened as he walked up to the man that laughed and put his face directly in front of the laughing man's. “What the hell is so funny?

Seriously? Do you think the Dark Guild would ACTUALLY care how we stand like? Who cares?” the man said with a laugh, leaning back and looking at the other recruits to back him up. Unfortunately, he was alone on that one. This caused his demeanor to change slightly.

Stepping away for a moment, he backed up and pointed at the drill instructor that they had previously and beckoned him to come to him. The old drill instructor did as he was told and approached Baal. “Now, stand at attention!” Baal said as the drill instructor took a relaxed stance. Afterward, he took a very confident, tall stance directly beside the relaxed drill instructor.

Now, tell me who you would take more seriously? I'm talking to you, Joker!” he said to the laughing recruit.

You.. I suppose.
    Why!?
    Because you seem more firm and you look like someone I'd take more serious..... ly,” the man said as he just realized the folly of his question from earlier. Baal caught on to this.

Rolling his eyes, he whipped his hand around a bit and shouted. “3 laps around the complex. The last one to finish doesn't get dinner.” Without skipping a beat, the men began clawing and scraping as they began to run around the complex. This gave Baal a bit of time with the previous drill instructor.

Baal sighed a bit as he turned to look towards the DI. “You now understand why they aren't listening to you right? It's not them that's the problem, it's you,” he said in a calm and composed manner. “How do you expect them to have any respect for you, if you don't have any respect for yourself?” he asked.

What do you mean? Is it because of my posture or something?
    It's everything. You're too nice. You're here to train future Rune Knights, not to take care of children. You've been through this kind of training before, so you should be very familiar with how you went through training,”. Baal placed his hand upon the DI's shoulder and nodded his head. “When they come back, I want you to take command once again. This time, you need to be fierce and firm with these people. Whether they live or die in the future depends a lot on you drilling fundamentals into them. Do you understand?

Yeah, I understand,” the man said passively. Baal quickly squeezed his shoulders out of annoyance. “Yes. Understood,” the man corrected himself to say it firmly and with confidence resulting in a smile upon Baal's face.

35 minutes later...
    The tired recruits returned to formation, huffing and puffing only to see the original DI in charge again with Baal standing off to the side. There was confusion amongst the troops before a more confident and a much louder person took the center of the formation and stood at attention and shouted. “Squad, atten-huwah!” he said. This shocked the troops for a moment before quickly snapping-to.

A smile came across Baal's face for a moment before walking over towards the DI and patting him on the shoulder. Not a word needed to be exchanged as words weren't necessary to express his approval. With that, Baal left the DI to start drilling the would-be Rune Knights and whipping them into shape.

WC: 969

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Train the troops BI2gBSG
    [Riley: The Soldier of Love] [Power of Love]

Current date/time is 14th May 2024, 3:37 am