Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Rewards for Roleplaying

Leivinia Rikou
    Leivinia Rikou

Player 
    Lineage : Pride of a Mercenary
    Position : None
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 237.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Dark Matter Make
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Rewards for Roleplaying Empty Rewards for Roleplaying

Post by Leivinia Rikou 6th October 2015, 2:22 pm

So I've noticed that threads that aren't jobs don't give any rewards besides the jewels you get for posting. Isn't that kind of.... well, weird? If there is a D rank job that requires 625 words, it gives you 25 EXP. If I do it with my team of five, the Elemental Brigade, that's 125 words which rewards me with 37.5 EXP.

If I think of a cool plot and there's no job for it, I understand not getting a jewel bonus since there is no client paying for it (unless we roleplay that there is one?) but I don't see why we wouldn't get any EXP. Say we write 100 thousand words about saving the world because there's no jobs that match with what we want to do. We'd get no EXP despite writing almost 1000x times as much as if we did a D rank job.

My suggestion is that once you finish a thread, you can post it in the job ending thread and simply post the word count of everybody involved. You get 1 EXP for every 50 words you personally write. An example of this would look like:

Player(s) Name(s): Leivinia Rikou, Eliot
    Player(s) Guild(s): Blue Pegasus
    Player(s) Team(s): Elemental Brigade
    Thread Name:
    Word Count: Leivinia Rikou (1,000) and Eliot (500)

The rewards would look like this.

Leivinia: +20 EXP
    Eliot: +10 EXP

Maybe the guild/team bonus doesn't apply to this, though it would be cool if it did.
    Ember Wolf
    Ember Wolf

Player 
    Lineage : Feline Senses

Rewards for Roleplaying Empty Re: Rewards for Roleplaying

Post by Ember Wolf 6th October 2015, 2:34 pm

Well if you didn't know you can make your own jobs and you can make whatever you want happen in them, and rewards are up to you too. An example is here of an mission, and their are more examples if you look. As for exp you are not the first to bring it up, however as much as I know the mods already know of it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ember Wolf

Sandstorm magic

Dusty
    Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Demon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Experience : 1543.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shipping Goddess 6th October 2015, 2:34 pm

Well I personally disagree with this. The jobs were meant to be used to gain EXP and jewels, therefore you can buy stuff. Socials are socials, so I don't think that because one person posts a bit more than others, that you'd get some EXP bonus. It could be taken advantage of really easily, like if one person posts a 1000 word post, the next person posts 150, then the first person posts another 1000 words, and then ends the thread there. Not that great of a social thread, now is it? It'd make socials into jobs, and no one wants that. If you post a 10,000,000 total word thread about how you saved the world from the Diclonious as they tried to slaughter all of mankind, why do you need more than a pat on the back? You don't really need an EXP bonus for anything other than jobs, plus we still have events and shiz that give out exp. So I think its easy enough to gain exp if that's the problem, because everyone who wanted EXP just did jobs. If someone was content with their rank, they did socials. That's how it was

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards for Roleplaying M7mHyEw
    Rewards for Roleplaying CKWpl03
    Leivinia Rikou
    Leivinia Rikou

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Leivinia Rikou 6th October 2015, 2:44 pm

Well you can just do that in jobs too so I don't think it's an issue. You can simply post 625 words in one post for any D rank job and earn 25 EXP and call it a day. Or you can just post once with 125 words if each member of your team does that. It really doesn't leave any room for interaction. Plus a lot of the jobs are incredibly restrictive. They basically write the entire thread for you, telling you where to go, who to fight with, how to fight them, how long to fight them, etc. This way actually would give only half the EXP (since its individual word count its even less) so its not like it's a good way to grind out EXP. It's just being rewarded for your hard work.

I actually didn't know you could make your own jobs! Thanks for the tip. Do you know how long they usually take to be approved? Most of the time a cool plot just pops into my head and I want to start writing with my friends, and waiting for a week might kill the motivation to write lol.
    Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

Post by Cirven 6th October 2015, 2:49 pm

Leivinia Rikou wrote:
    I actually didn't know you could make your own jobs! Thanks for the tip. Do you know how long they usually take to be approved? Most of the time a cool plot just pops into my head and I want to start writing with my friends, and waiting for a week might kill the motivation to write lol.

Jobs usually do not take that long to be approved. When ever you have an idea you can make it into a job here and wait for it to be looked at.

Staff now has certain things they focus on doing so this should help a good amount with the timing of things being done.

Rewards for Roleplaying LxcTBIi
    Character Info:
    Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Demon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Experience : 1543.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shipping Goddess 6th October 2015, 2:52 pm

I know you can do stuff like a 1 post topic inside jobs, I was just saying we don't need that in socials as well. As for restrictive jobs they are far from it, they tell you where to go, who to fight and all, however they DONT tell you how to do it. That's what makes jobs fun, I mean if you read 5 different threads of the same job, each would be different.

As for making your own job they get approved relatively fast with me and Thorn, as there is a Job Creation event, so Thorn and I are approving a ton of custom jobs, (Thorn mainly, but I'm still trying. Thorn's just faster.) Anyways if you want to create a job follow the template, and I'll approve it myself. *feels great she's actually useful* @-@

Rewards for Roleplaying M7mHyEw
    Rewards for Roleplaying CKWpl03
    Leivinia Rikou
    Leivinia Rikou

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Leivinia Rikou 6th October 2015, 2:52 pm

Okay, thanks for the quick reply. I'll start doing that
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 7th October 2015, 1:13 am

Experience is your character growing stronger as a mage. You hanging with your buddies isn't exactly doing that. You fighting the evil lord Shabangarang probably is.

Now, as has been said if you want more plot related jobs you can create them. You can even create jobs that only you or certain people or a certain guild or people who have done certain things can do. Lots of creative outlet.

However, I find it...odd...that you say that jobs themselves are restrictive. Yes, they give you a minimum word count and a minimum post count. Yes they define some enemies and some locations and the overall goal of the job such as: Beat the big monkey Dinky King. However, besides that everything is up to you. You want to battle off highway men as you travel to the job? Do it. You want to have your characters hang out in a book store and then buy a book which might happen to have a treasure map that you use for the job or for a later job? Do it.

I personally have spent over the minimum post count in several jobs...just getting to the job. There is plenty that can be done if you put your mind to it. :) And if the jobs aren't suitable well then you can make your own ;)

Rewards for Roleplaying Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Rewards for Roleplaying Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Rewards for Roleplaying Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 3:17 am