Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Paladin's Grimore (Replacement magic)

Oberon Lightbringer
    Oberon Lightbringer

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Archbishop Uther.
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Paladin's Grimore (Replacement magic) Empty The Paladin's Grimore (Replacement magic)

Post by Oberon Lightbringer 5th September 2015, 1:01 am

Magic

Primary Magic: The Paladin's Grimore
    Secondary Magic: (Must be filled in later. Magic you bought at the store goes here)
    Caster or Holder: Holder
    Description:
    "Oberon... Alas, hero of Earth-land you give me a greater gift than you know. Long have I struggled to forgive myself for my terrible transgressions. My soul has become wicked with unbearable anxiety, dark thoughts... distancing me from the Light. I recall clearly the gleam of pride in my eyes as the forces of darkness stood before me, eager to defeat the enemies of the Light... And here you stand before me, Young Oberon, showing me that same eager gleam in your eyes . . . Eager to defend your people, no matter the cost. Young Oberon, I grant upon you the Title of Lightbringer, for My child, I have watched with pride as you grew into a weapon of righteousness. Fighting only with Wisdom and Strength. I tell you this, for when my days have come to an end, you shall wield the Grimore of Paladins."

As the troubles of the dawn of the Abominations created by Zeref long ago first began, the crusader Bishop Uther was the honored father of a young boy who died to the hands of the rising threat of Zeref's abominations. Unable to combat the growing threat, Uther witnessed a young abomination channeling magic through a small and dark orb. After the abominations death, Uther went to claim it for the humans that survived the assault, but his hand was badly mangled as soon as he touched it. Though describing the orb as the embodiment of shadows itself, a small offshoot of power that was being used to empower the abominations, still curious as to what power it may hold, Uther hid the orb in a chest. The bishop kept the orb a secret until the Abominations reached the small church of the Holy Light (a lost religion). When they arrived he revealed the Orb to his comrades, suggesting that they find the Orb's opposite a manifestation of The lights power, instead of the dark which they would use to combat the impending invasion.

Uther's peers, appalled by the dark orb, attempted to destroy it with a holy spell. However, to their surprise, the orb absorbed the spell and in doing so, purified itself. It then restored life to Uther's mangled hand. They then decided that the crystal would be used to create some form of protection that would be used to counteract the dark magics of Zeref's creations with such power that would leave ONLY a pile of ash in its wake!

Rather than a shield or a weapon of some form, they would then use a form of word-magic that had been long forgotten, and transfered all of the powers of the Orb into the form of a book with seemingly blank pages. A Grimore that could only be read by the Bishop and those that shared his blood. Attached to the book is a scarf/shroud made of soft, blue linen, about 6 feet by 3 feet. The divine magic used to create this shroud and bind it to the book appears to have granted Oberon the ability to travel through light once every three posts.

Paladins are warriors dedicated to furthering the cause of all that is good. Holy crusaders, they combat the forces of evil wherever they are found, and defend the helpless as much as possible. As such this particular magic follows those guidelines. This is the call of the paladin: to protect the weak, to bring justice to the unjust, and to vanquish evil from the darkest corners of the world. These holy warriors are equipped with plate armor so they can confront the toughest of foes, and the blessing of the Light allows them to heal wounds and, in some cases, even restore life to the dead.

This magic revolves around dealing out damage and distributing buffs to both Oberon and his allies. As well as healing them.

Strengths:

• Holy Damage Oberon's spells have the capacity to deal out Holy-damage.
    • Fire-damage Oberon's spells have the capacity to deal out fire damage. More often than not this is a side-effect of holy damage, as it 'burns' his enemies with holy fire.
    • Long-range Damage Oberon's spells often work much better at distant range, that is when they're not combat-based buffs.
    • Buffs Oberon's magic is capable of casting buffs that enable him to preform amazing feats of strength or heal others at the cost of his own self-sacrifices.
    • Light-damage Oberon's spells have the capacity to deal out light elemental damage.

Weaknesses: (What are the weaknesses of your magic? List all weaknesses possible, if the magic requires channeling -time- to use, able to hit self or allies, drains life if used, etc, list it. You must have at least one more weakness than strengths. Remember to separate them individually and bullet point them.)

• Unholy-damage 25% increase in damage against Oberon
    • Dark magic 25% increase in damage against Oberon
    • Debuffs Oberon's spells cause himself Debuffs after casting specific spells consecutive times in a row.
    • Magic Negation 25% increase in effect
    • Close-range inability
    • God-slayer Magic Oberon's magics are holy in nature, and gods are considered holy. As such Oberon has a weakness to God-slayer magic as they may negate some of the effects of his magic, or they might just be able to eat his spells.
    • Demon Magics

Lineage:
    Blizzard Wizard:
    Description: In ancient times there was an island made entirely of magical ice crystals. The people who lived there melted the magical ice and drank it daily instead of regular water. They needed the gifts the ice provided to survive during the cold winters. They could withstand the cold temperatures and icy winds. After many years, the gifts became part of their blood and it was passed down over the generations through reproduction. Some mages moved to the mainland to start their families there and so the unique and rare bloodline spread over Fiore. Mages with the bloodline today can call upon these gifts to gain a light blue aura around them that protects them from cold temperatures and the freezing effects of ice and ice magic. The ice can still harm them physically, but it cannot freeze them while they use this power.
    Ability: Immune to freezing and chilling effects (low temperatures), cancels freezing effects if used. Gives the user a 25% resistance to any and all ice spells, regardless of rank.
    Usage: Duration: 3 posts. Cool-down: 5 posts. Can be used 5 times per thread.

Unique Abilities:

• Sash of The Lightbringer: Attached to the book is a scarf/shroud made of soft, blue linen, about 6 feet by 3 feet. The divine magic used to create this shroud and bind it to the book appears to have granted Oberon the ability to transfer his bodies natural physical state and convert it to light, which enables him to move at light speeds so long as he is not in combat. The exact distance of which Oberon can travel is roughly two miles before becoming exhausted.
    • Combat Perception: Oberon can understand an opponent's method of thinking and fighting and anticipating their moves. Once he understands his enemies strategy, he is able to find their flaw and weakness and take them down with little effort. While some users of this method do not use it as part of their primary fighting style, it is helpful in emergencies against difficult opponents where ordinary methods will not work against them in melee combat. This ability appears to only work on enemies of the same rank. He is almost dumbfounded and confused at everything someone with a higher rank of magic is doing . . .
    • Blessing of Might: Oberon's physical strength appears to be at peak human state. While still lower than a Slayer's strength, oberon is capable of lifting twice his weight with little effort.

D Rank spells:

Last edited by Oberon Lightbringer on 6th September 2015, 6:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Hikachu
    Hikachu

Grand Duelist

Grand Duelist

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Rainbow- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Destiny
    Guild : ɢᴀʀᴏᴜ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛs
    Cosmic Coins : 6
    Experience : 212.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: ❅ ᴀʀᴄᴛɪᴄ ɴᴇᴍᴇsɪs
    Second Skill: ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ
    Third Skill:

The Paladin's Grimore (Replacement magic) Empty Re: The Paladin's Grimore (Replacement magic)

Post by Hikachu 6th September 2015, 5:50 pm

Magic

Primary Magic: The Paladin's Grimore
    Secondary Magic: (Must be filled in later. Magic you bought at the store goes here)
    Caster or Holder: Holder
    Description:
    "Oberon... Alas, hero of Earth-land you give me a greater gift than you know. Long have I struggled to forgive myself for my terrible transgressions. My soul has become wicked with unbearable anxiety, dark thoughts... distancing me from the Light. I recall clearly the gleam of pride in my eyes as the forces of darkness stood before me, eager to defeat the enemies of the Light... And here you stand before me, Young Oberon, showing me that same eager gleam in your eyes . . . Eager to defend your people, no matter the cost. Young Oberon, I grant upon you the Title of Lightbringer, for My child, I have watched with pride as you grew into a weapon of righteousness. Fighting only with Wisdom and Strength. I tell you this, for when my days have come to an end, you shall wield the Grimore of Paladins."

As the troubles of the dawn of the Abominations created by Zeref long ago first began, the crusader Bishop Uther was the honored father of a young boy who died to the hands of the rising threat of Zeref's abominations. Unable to combat the growing threat, Uther witnessed a young abomination channeling magic through a small and dark orb. After the abominations death, Uther went to claim it for the humans that survived the assault, but his hand was badly mangled as soon as he touched it. Though describing the orb as the embodiment of shadows itself, a small offshoot of power that was being used to empower the abominations, still curious as to what power it may hold, Uther hid the orb in a chest. The bishop kept the orb a secret until the Abominations reached the small church of the Holy Light (a lost religion). When they arrived he revealed the Orb to his comrades, suggesting that they find the Orb's opposite a manifestation of The lights power, instead of the dark which they would use to combat the impending invasion.

Uther's peers, appalled by the dark orb, attempted to destroy it with a holy spell. However, to their surprise, the orb absorbed the spell and in doing so, purified itself. It then restored life to Uther's mangled hand. They then decided that the crystal would be used to create some form of protection that would be used to counteract the dark magics of Zeref's creations with such power that would leave ONLY a pile of ash in its wake!

Rather than a shield or a weapon of some form, they would then use a form of word-magic that had been long forgotten, and transfered all of the powers of the Orb into the form of a book with seemingly blank pages. A Grimore that could only be read by the Bishop and those that shared his blood. Attached to the book is a scarf/shroud made of soft, blue linen, about 6 feet by 3 feet. The divine magic used to create this shroud and bind it to the book appears to have granted Oberon the ability to travel through light once every three posts.

Paladins are warriors dedicated to furthering the cause of all that is good. Holy crusaders, they combat the forces of evil wherever they are found, and defend the helpless as much as possible. As such this particular magic follows those guidelines. This is the call of the paladin: to protect the weak, to bring justice to the unjust, and to vanquish evil from the darkest corners of the world. These holy warriors are equipped with plate armor so they can confront the toughest of foes, and the blessing of the Light allows them to heal wounds and, in some cases, even restore life to the dead.

This magic revolves around dealing out damage and distributing buffs to both Oberon and his allies. As well as healing them.

Strengths:

• Holy Damage (Can you explain what this type of Strength is? Like what it does to your character and stuffs like that. Please clarify.)
    • Fire-damage (Please clarify.)
    • Long-range Damage (Please clarify.)
    • Buffs (Please clarify.)
    • Light-damage (Please clarify.)

Weaknesses: (What are the weaknesses of your magic? List all weaknesses possible, if the magic requires channeling -time- to use, able to hit self or allies, drains life if used, etc, list it. You must have at least one more weakness than strengths. Remember to separate them individually and bullet point them.)

• Unholy-damage 25% increase in damage against Oberon
    • Dark magic 25% increase in damage against Oberon
    • Dragon-slayer Magic 25% increase in damage against Oberon (Why're you weak against Dragon Slayer magic?)
    • Magic Negation 25% increase in effect
    • Close-range inability
    • God-slayer Magic (Why God Slayers? o.O)
    • Demon Magics

Lineage:
    Blizzard Wizard:
    Description: In ancient times there was an island made entirely of magical ice crystals. The people who lived there melted the magical ice and drank it daily instead of regular water. They needed the gifts the ice provided to survive during the cold winters. They could withstand the cold temperatures and icy winds. After many years, the gifts became part of their blood and it was passed down over the generations through reproduction. Some mages moved to the mainland to start their families there and so the unique and rare bloodline spread over Fiore. Mages with the bloodline today can call upon these gifts to gain a light blue aura around them that protects them from cold temperatures and the freezing effects of ice and ice magic. The ice can still harm them physically, but it cannot freeze them while they use this power.
    Ability: Immune to freezing and chilling effects (low temperatures), cancels freezing effects if used. Gives the user a 25% resistance to any and all ice spells, regardless of rank.
    Usage: Duration: 3 posts. Cool-down: 5 posts. Can be used 5 times per thread.

Unique Abilities:

• Sash of The Lightbringer: Attached to the book is a scarf/shroud made of soft, blue linen, about 6 feet by 3 feet. The divine magic used to create this shroud and bind it to the book appears to have granted Oberon the ability to transfer his bodies natural physical state and convert it to light, which enables him to move at light speeds so long as he is not in combat. (Since you're a D-Rank at the moment, there needs to be a limit to how far you can travel.)]
    • Combat Perception: Oberon can understand an opponent's method of thinking and fighting and anticipating their moves. Once he understands his enemies strategy, he is able to find their flaw and weakness and take them down with little effort. While some users of this method do not use it as part of their primary fighting style, it is helpful in emergencies against difficult opponents where ordinary methods will not work against them in melee combat. (This might not work on all enemies due to the difference in ranks, but it will do most frequently on the same ranked enemies.)
    • Blessing of Might: Oberon's physical strength appears to be at peak human state. While still lower than a Slayer's strength, oberon is capable of lifting twice his weight with little effort.

D Rank spells:

Edits are in RED. Please bump after you've completed the edits. Quite an interesting magic you have!~

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Paladin's Grimore (Replacement magic) JhB4MAf

Profile | Magic | History | Vault

theme | battle theme

Oberon Lightbringer
    Oberon Lightbringer

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Archbishop Uther.
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Paladin's Grimore (Replacement magic) Empty Re: The Paladin's Grimore (Replacement magic)

Post by Oberon Lightbringer 6th September 2015, 6:13 pm

Made the changes.

Current date/time is 10th May 2024, 6:32 am