Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Magic Stuff

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Magic Stuff Empty Magic Stuff

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 19th August 2015, 4:28 am

Soooo recently I had an issue where on my alt, her magic was nearly pulled because it was labeled as Requip, but was blatantly caster...
    And then more important issue was where in cbox someone asked me if Requip was caster or holder, and I was left going "uuhh..... I really don't know..."

Magic Rules: Requip wrote:This form of magic is based on the usage, summoning and/or creation of many different magical items, weapons and armor that are pulled from and stored in a magical pocket space. The items, weapons and armor a Requip mage uses are listed as spells. They are limited to 4 types of spells:
    Support: (mostly lower rank, but not necessarily. Spells that enhance the user's physical abilities and his or her handling of the weapons and armor. Levitation, for example.)
    Spell Armor: (the rank can vary, the higher the rank the better the spell armor. Spell armor can hold 1 passive ability and 1 active ability equal to its rank.)
    Spell Weapon: (Requipers have a large arsenal of weapons, the power depends on the rank of the spell slot. Spell weapons can hold 1 passive ability and 1 active ability.) -
    Special (the rank can vary, the higher the rank the more powerful the spell. A Special type of spell allows the Requiper to cast a qpell through a specific weapon or amor, or even combine multiple weapons with a specific armor into one unique offensive or defensive spell.)

Note: Whilst it costs MP to summon up a weapon or armor the abilities attached to that armor/weapon (the 1 passive and 1 active) do not cost any MP

spoiler:

So, this is a copy of what we have on the rules. It sounds like Requip magic is holder when casted through the weapon, but it doesn't establish that it has to be holder. However, we don't require any items to cast the initial spell for making the weapon. I'd like to request it to be specified that we are obligated to be holder wizards, and that all spells must be requips if the wizard is labeled as a requipper.

Next: In the chatbox, it was discussed that a requip that's a signature would have no active or passive ability. It was argued by the player I was talking to that it isn't in the rules. My argument was pulled from my alt, since I had a 100% answer to the fact that they can't have any abilities. But thinking of this a few minutes later, I realized I know a summon wizard with a summon that does have and active effect and is in fact his signature. So shouldn't a requip wizard be allowed to have a requip with either a passive or an active?

Side note: Thanks for adding https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t8369-hp-magic-and-damage-rules
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Magic Stuff Empty Re: Magic Stuff

Post by Rosetta Crawford 19th August 2015, 5:41 am

From my understanding:

Requip is technically caster and holder.

The actually 'requipping' is technically caster and the weapon/armor usage is holder.

Requippers can also have 'extra' abilities such as support.

As for the signature spells...currently signatures are only allowed one effect. As such summoning the weapon is that single effect, this is the same for summons. Or it should be anyway.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Magic Stuff Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Magic Stuff Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Magic Stuff Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

Post by Cirven 19th August 2015, 7:12 am

The rule in the past that was unwritten with requip/TO/sm sig spells was the summoning was the summoning was not an effect and they recieved only one effect meaning they only got a passive or a active but not both. I remember Aayla's TO sig was ruled that way.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Magic Stuff LxcTBIi
    Character Info:
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 19th August 2015, 7:21 am

Technically the summoning IS the effect and what the summon itself could do is not part of the magic to summon the entity itself.   Otherwise it isn't really a summon,  just a creation.

Magic Stuff NvVyM98

Magic Stuff CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 19th August 2015, 8:00 am

I'll have to look into this.

Magic Stuff Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Magic Stuff Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Magic Stuff Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

Post by Cirven 19th August 2015, 9:52 am

I'm just going off what I was told in the past by the person who made all the rules here(but never finished them lol).

I see sig spells as pretty worthless for requip/TO/summoning magic if all the sig spell could do was just summon something.

Magic Stuff LxcTBIi
    Character Info:

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 1:12 am