Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Magic Stuff

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Magic Stuff Empty Magic Stuff

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 30th August 2015, 3:00 am

OK, recently we've had a change in the rules for magic. I love it, and have no complaints for the new system. This is a small change needed for something we have from the old system.

Changes needed?
    Fusion system: I understand the fusion system takes the effects of 2 spells and turns it into 1 badass spell for the same MP cost as the 2 spells casted. This is with the exception of a spell that deals more than base rank damage, in this cast it's the cost of both spell +50%.

However, this is a limiting thing since we have some spells that are... anomalous by nature. Requip spells, Summons, and Take Over spells are harder to fuse.

Requip is 3 benifits in 1 spell.
    ♦ A Weapon, which has higher damage than your fists
    ♦ A Passive, which can be a buff
    ♦ An active, which can be an actual magic spell

Summon has 4 benifits in 1 spell.
    ♦ The summon can be used to deal melee damage
    ♦ A Passive, which can be a buff
    ♦ An active, which can be an actual magic spell
    ♦ A meat shield

Take Over is like a requip except the weapon is your body, so same benifits.

My idea for fusions with these is you choose 1 thing that combines depending on the type of spell.

Summon Fusion:
    ♦ Takes 4x Rank damage
    ♦ Combines the passives to be 2 passives in 1
    ♦ Combines the actives to have both active spells in 1

Take Over/Requip Fusion:
    ♦ Combine the passives
    ♦ Combine the actives

With this, the fusion has to be registered with 1 of the choices to combine.

Next:
    Initially I was told by an admin D Rank spells can only have 1 effect. This makes sense to me since D Rank spells are the absolute base of your magic. They're spells you use when you're learning to cast spells, and last I checked: You don't enter combat training with a gun, you're lucky to keep your teddy bear.

However, I was recently told by another mod that the first mod was incorrect and D Rank spells can have multiple effects. I'm fine with this, but the change I'd like to see is that D Rank spells can have multiple effects within reason of its rank.

What do I mean?
    I fire 1 pistol shot, then a nuclear bomb explodes, and the hand of god comes down and punches the field, and then zombies come out the ground, and I'm healed for 10HP. All because I fired a pistol...

This is a massive dramatization, and I hope no one would try to do but there's no rule that would prevent me from trying it.

On the flip side. I fire a fireball at you, and it explodes dealing 1/2 rank damage to enemies within a 5ft radius of where it hit, and then the enemies suffer a burn that deals 1/4 damage for 5 posts. I can understand that, and it makes perfect sense. I wouldn't mind seeing that as a D Rank spell because it makes perfect sense.

Or I fire a bolt of lightning that arcs to enemies in a 10ft radius and deals 1/2 damage to them, as well as paralyzes them for 1 post if they're equal rank. Also makes sense to me.

So, the change I'd like to see for that is "Additional effects to spells must make sense for that spell, it's element, and it's rank."

There's another one I wanna discuss, but it's a VERY CONTROVERCIAL topic at the moment so I put it on a different thread, and I don't wanna see anything to do with it on this one please.

Link: https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t16709-continuation-from-previous-topic#198834

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 4:30 pm