Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Illegal Opinion

Shunsuke
    Shunsuke

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Position : None
    Guild : Basilisk Fang
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Sōzōsuke Kato
    Experience : 525

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Venom Devil Slayer
    Second Skill: Takeover - Anaconda Soul(Unfinished)
    Third Skill:

Illegal Opinion - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Opinion

Post by Shunsuke 12th August 2015, 7:36 pm

Alright, as always, you'll be Jim and I'll be frank.

This whole 'rewarding new members and closing guilds' thing is stupid in my opinion, I'm just gonna bring that out there. People shouldn't have to be bribed into joining things.

On the contrary, they should want to join guilds because they want to. Not because they have to, or they'll get something for doing it.

In my honest opinion, the only viable reasons why a guild would be closed is because of inactivity, and plot-based reasons.

Say I wanted to join Sabertooth, but Sabertooth was closed. Now think about myself making a character before I learned that fact. How pissed off, or rather disappointed am I gonna be that I have to go back and rewrite some parts of my character?

Now onto the whole guild inactivity thing.

Like Kira said above, guild management should be left to the guildmasters(Although a member or two might have a good idea every now and then.). They, like the members represent the entire guild, except that they're more revered in a sense.

Obviously if I were a guildmaster, and I was inactive, I'd absolutely expect my guild to be running into the ground.

I can say this with absolute certitude because some of us seem to be hung up over the fact that our guildmasters are inactive.

Well, of course a guildmaster being on or not can make or break a guild, but it's times like these where someone has to take control.

You know what I'm saying? If your GM's out, do something about it. Now I'm not saying that you should pester your GM to resign and give you the spot or anything, but you should make an extra effort to bring publicity to the place.

GM's out? Do something. Only a handful of members in your guild? Then do something. Don't just sit around feeling sorry for yourself about something you supposedly can't control, because you can control it.

With that being said, I only have a couple of things to say to the rewarding stuff brought up earlier.

If you, as a guildmaster, have to bribe people into joining your guild, then your guild is literally headed for disaster.

Do you know why I say that? Because bribing members drops morale. You'll have people who only joined to get stuff. You'll also have people breaking major parts of their history/lore just to get something that they probably could have easily gotten themselves.

Not only that, you'll be known as the guild who has to pay their members to get in.

So it really wouldn't be in your better judgment to do some crap like that, but that's just my opinion.

Everything I have said here is not geared towards offending anyone.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Illegal Opinion - Page 2 Shunsuke_by_gramcrackers-d95mjy6

OSTs:
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Position : None
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Illegal Opinion - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Opinion

Post by Rosetta Crawford 13th August 2015, 3:44 pm

It wasn't so much bribing but offering some sort of incentive. Perhaps something plot related or something. Its just another form of advertising. Straight out bribes of 'here's 10k jewels if you join my guild' is kinda bleh and would allow the big guilds chance to succeed lol.

But that's the thing. A guild doesn't need to be big to do well. A few members being active is all you need. People being active RP wise and in the cbox will make people think about joining those guilds.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Illegal Opinion - Page 2 Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Illegal Opinion - Page 2 Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Illegal Opinion - Page 2 Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)

Current date/time is 11th May 2024, 4:07 am