Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Casual Rules

Zuo Cii
    Zuo Cii

Ye Olt Coot

Ye Olt Coot

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale Guildmaster
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Feng Hang
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Of the Earth
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Casual Rules Empty Casual Rules

Post by Zuo Cii 12th March 2015, 3:45 pm

Intro:(Skip to second paragraph to get to the meat and potatoes)
    Our site is constantly growing and developing. Everyone is familiar with the new pvp reforms to crack down on OP unchecked magic. Which are great by the way. 10-outta-10 I voted for that. But I feel we have become a bit wayward from our roots in casual rp. Now before you pull the "kiraface you ungrateful pig you asked for this," card I want to make clear I DO NOT MEAN TO BEG FOR THINGS TO GO BACK TO HOW THEY WERE BEFORE because at present things are way better then they used to be. But simpler times did have their perks and that got me thinking...

Meat and Potatoes:
    Casual Rules, when a character is created they have the choice at magic creation to mark their magic as "casual use only" which means two things:
    1. They are banned from Duels, Event PvP, and certain threads
    2. They are a allowed "Lazy Apps"

Lazy Apps Include:
    -Spell range only defined as: close, short, medium, long
    -Defense spells do not specify how much damage they block
    -Damaging spells do not specify how much damage they do
    -Min 2 strengths 3 weaknesses(instead of 3 strengths 4 weaknesses)
    -They don't have to worry about being OP or getting nerfed

The idea is to permit newer or just more casual players to make simpler magic apps so that they can worry less about making it balanced and fair and focus on making it fun.

Now naturally to prevent pandemonium this privilege does come with a cost:
    Which brings us to that first thing(See how I explained them in the order opposite of listed, pretty slick huh?). If you do want to use casual rules you are simply banned from areas in which an unbalanced magic may cause a problem. Namely formal duels and combat events. Non-casual players are also allowed the priviledge to tag their threads "no casuals" IF AND ONLY IF there is combat in the thread or combat planned. "No casual" tags are not meant to discriminate players they are meant to stop a conflict between casuals and non-casuals. Since the only difference is in their magic/weapon/pet apps social threads won't require this. If a casual believes the "no casual" tags are being used to keep them from social threads they can report it to administration same as any breach of the code of conduct.

But wait zuoface you mentioned weapon and pet apps! Yes I did. Those are effected by casual rules as well in the same fashion as magic app. It is not possible to pick and choose casual rules between your apps, it is all or nothing to prevent loop hole hunting.

So no character sheets like this:
    Primary Magic Casual
    Secondary Magic Non-Casual
    Weapon Non-Casual
    Pet Casual
    Armor Casual

Thoughts?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lamia Scale Theme:

Zuo Cii Main Theme:

Zuo Cii Battle Theme:
    Zuo Cii
    Zuo Cii

Ye Olt Coot

Ye Olt Coot

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Casual Rules Empty Re: Casual Rules

Post by Zuo Cii 12th March 2015, 3:48 pm

Edit 1: Casuals aren't allowed in bragging contests either. Because they're cheating.

Edit 2: Consider banning them from titles like WS, GM and Sinners since they can't do invasions

Edit 3: Note: Bragging contest thing was a joke.

Last edited by Zuo Cii on 12th March 2015, 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lamia Scale Theme:

Zuo Cii Main Theme:

Zuo Cii Battle Theme:
    Kaito
    Kaito

Silent Killer

Silent Killer

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Demonic Mask
    Guild : Bassalisk fang
    Mentor : Marik Anderson

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Demon bird Takeover
    Second Skill: none
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaito 12th March 2015, 3:50 pm

this idea is bad I am lazy, but this takes the fun away from role play

Casual Rules Kaito_by_ravenart5-d92uwm8

Goku
    voiced by whoever plays goku

what Kaito sounds like

Kaito for real:
    Kocho
    Kocho

Player 
    Lineage : Chimera Blood
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Celestial Spirit Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kocho 12th March 2015, 3:58 pm

Sounds kewl o.o

Casual Rules Tnlk5ab
    Zuo Cii
    Zuo Cii

Ye Olt Coot

Ye Olt Coot

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zuo Cii 12th March 2015, 4:22 pm

@kitteh can you please explain how OPTIONAL reduction of restrictions takes the fun out of rp? Last I checked more freedoms was appreciated, especially when optional.

Lamia Scale Theme:

Zuo Cii Main Theme:

Zuo Cii Battle Theme:
    Kaito
    Kaito

Silent Killer

Silent Killer

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaito 12th March 2015, 4:23 pm

I thought it over and its good

Goku

what Kaito sounds like

Kaito for real:
    Kakuma Blackflower
    Kakuma Blackflower

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Goddess
    Guild : Laughing Coffin?
    Cosmic Coins : 25

Post by Kakuma Blackflower 12th March 2015, 10:11 pm

I have to agree with Kitteh here, Holding a "lazy" Player to different standards is unfair to those who do care about making quality magics. the fact is being general like that makes metagaming in job easy. This also would make two types of players segregating them from each other would become necessary, as a Meat player could use a potato to easy complete a job. so that would limit who you could rp with. It would also keep you from participating in any event thats Non-casual, and considering that events are suppose to be high impact that would mean all of them.

It also mean we have to set "general ranges" just for the sake of understanding when we explain it. Basicly this is adding work to mods load, cause now we have to remember two sets of rules.

Casual Rules KF68skC
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 13th March 2015, 12:40 am

Yeah a casual player to my mind would also be banned from jobs which means they can't rank. Why? Because most of our jobs specify you need 'x rank of damage on this opponent to take them down'. If we don't know how much damage your spells do then we can't accurately do this.

On top of that events are the big thing on site. They get everyone involved. This would just break the site into sections rather than having it as just one.

Besides in regards to damage the rules are pretty simple and unless it does damage over time or has more than one effect....the standard rule is easy and doesn't even really need to be mentioned in the app. Damage = number of shots/divided by rank of spell.

Ranges also aren't that hard to specify. Same for barriers.

Tbh this seems more like people just don't want to bother thinking their magic through much and just want to go 'yeah i'm OP'. I am 100% against this idea.

Casual Rules Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Casual Rules Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Casual Rules Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Serapheal
    Serapheal

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Genisis Key
    Guild : 尺u刀乇 ズ刀ノgんイ丂
    Mentor : []D [] []V[] []D

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Claire Mierre
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Serapheal 13th March 2015, 8:17 am

I started a reply yesterday about the subject but I got irritated thinking about the restrictions in the first place,  since the subject matter has me pay attention to them rather than try to keep them in the back of my mind.    

My reply would be more relevant now than it was then however and I'll use it as a reply:

Speed Demon Zack wrote:Yeah a casual player to my mind would also be banned from jobs which means they can't rank. Why? Because most of our jobs specify you need 'x rank of damage on this opponent to take them down'. If we don't know how much damage your spells do then we can't accurately do this.

On top of that events are the big thing on site. They get everyone involved. This would just break the site into sections rather than having it as just one.

Regarding this,  snipping off the last bits especially the "damage rules" point that I find wholly NOT simple,   "Casual Rules" should be things that apply over existing rules and not in separation from them,  applied to existing characters and magics to allow freedom and fun within casual or "Social" topics where it doesn't matter what exactly you can do,  just that you can do it.

Meaning while Spell X does things in a more exact form,   and has durations and cooldowns associated with it,    in a Casual topic things like the duration,  it's cooldown,   it's mana cost,   it's exact damage and ranges or area of effect,   it all gets blurred into a loose mold that allows for these sort of "casual topics".     Blurred spells may even take on different forms to the same general effect allowing the freedom to tweak things a bit for more cinematic or story driven moments.

That said I don't think "Casual rules" should be any legitimate set of rules,  otherwise things would just get more confusing because doesn't everyone just love reading pages and pages of rules everywhere?  (The answer is no).   

A short paragraph or two in the magic rules regarding the matter is all that outlines when and where you can play casual,   and very loose guidelines.

But I don't mind either way,  as this site wanted tight restrictions and limitations on magic so I'm fine if we have to revel in them and take more freedoms elsewhere. Not as in leaving, but a site's just a site and you can have more than one. Though who knows maybe the tight restrictions are what's causing the population drop in part.  

Casual Rules XeQjtg0
    Kaito
    Kaito

Silent Killer

Silent Killer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaito 13th March 2015, 11:57 am

yes lazy apps are a nice thing for lazy people, but I am one of the laziest people on the site I would not even think of doing this. You come to this site to get better at role play not get worse. I saw a site that did this I did not even see one post that was not just one line. good idea for somethings bad for this.We should not think of giving this a try it is not worth it. It is like trying to steal from the police you know you are gonna fail so why try.

Goku

what Kaito sounds like

Kaito for real:

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 1:23 am