Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission)

The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Empty The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission)

Post by Guest 2nd February 2014, 8:49 am

Job Info:

It had been a while since Marick had last come to a village rather than a town or a city, but even he was certain that this 'village' wouldn't be considered such under normal circumstances. There again, the reason he'd come to this village in the first place wasn't exactly a 'normal' one. He'd heard rumours of the village being threatened by giant creatures; Lions that stood at around thirty feet tall. Crazy and over-exaggerated as it had sounded, the story had still piqued his interest and so he'd immediately gotten himself prepared. However, his preparations for this job had one large difference compared to the usual jobs he'd been going on.

In previous jobs he had either Hidate or Matabei, or perhaps both, or he'd been paired with somebody else who had applied for the same job. This time however he had gone out of his way to request a specific partner; Zenshin, the new guildmaster of Sabertooth. Marick was beginning to take his ambitions of creating a guild much more seriously now, and so he had invited the young guildmaster as a way of building connections to the stronger guilds of Fiore, and to perhaps get some insight onto getting a guild built up.

He'd considered Zuo Cii of Lamia Scale but, from the many stories that Kara had told him, the man was eccentric to the point of insanity, and often turned things into trials or games rather than taking them seriously. The guildmaster of Fairy Tail had been in charge for a while, and was usually busy getting involved with a hands-on approach with her guildmates, so Marick planned to visit her to speak on a one-to-one basis. Blue Pegasus' guildmaster Shuhei was a busy man rebuilding the guild, although he'd certainly done an extravagant job of doing so. And finally Eclipse Soul had recently changed hands from Master Zeno to Alye Reyold, so he'd decided to wait before speaking with her as well. But Zenshin of Sabertooth had impressed him and, from what he could gather, was open to going out on a job. He'd reached out to the younger mage and been met with a positive answer, thus here Marick was in the Hunting Village, awaiting the arrival of a man who hoped to bring back glory to Sabertooth.
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Position : None
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Empty Re: The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission)

Post by King Zenshin 2nd February 2014, 9:17 am

With the whole Aegis ordeal as well as the Iana fiasco, Zenshin had been kept very busy. Not only that, but he had taken over the guild of Sabertooth and had actually greeted a few members that joined recently in the new guildhall that sat high above the clouds. Things seemed to be literally looking up, but when you're at the very bottom, anything could be seen as improvement. Right now, his focus was on improving the guild, as nothing he could say to Iana right now would get her to change her tune, so he'd kill two birds with one stone. He'd give her the alone time she wanted while at the same time setting an example for the few remaining members of Sabertooth, to get out there and do jobs.

Somebody actually requested to do a job with *him* for a change, which wasn't an unwelcome request. It was just the right difficulty for him to get back into the groove of taking on jobs while at the same time, meeting this mysterious person who specifically requested him as a partner on this job. The job was in a village he'd never been to, the hunting village. A change in scenery from his new, beautifully crafted guild was something that was also welcome, it excited Zenshin to see new things and meet new people. Getting worked up over meeting a new person... I remember when I just kept to myself in that drab bar in Eclipse Soul... It's amazing how people change over such a short span of time he thought as he arrived.

He looked at the sun, twelve noon... good, I'm right on time. His head dropped down and he continued into the village, being greeted by the village elder who was expecting his presence.

"Oooo, welcome Saint Zenshin to our tiny village... It isn't much, but we do what we can with what we have..." said the old man in a frail voice.

This village specializes in hunting down whatever beasts threaten them. It's where they get their food and leather from. And there's bound to be a 'best hunter' who takes on the harder monsters around here, I wonder how tough the 'Grand Lion' is if they're willing to call in outside assistance... he thought as he walked in, being greeted by a swarm of children.

"Tell the other mage that's coming here to meet me in your town's leather working facilities, I'll be waiting there" he told the old man as he carefully walked with the kids at his feet. There was a time where Zenshin believed he could be a Wizard Saint and still be unknown to everyone, but unfortunately, that was something that couldn't happen. And although he didn't really care for all the attention, he couldn't really complain about being idolized by some the nation's youth.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019

The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Empty Re: The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission)

Post by Guest 2nd February 2014, 10:15 am

Just moments after Zenshin had entered the leather making facilities, Marick walked straight into the center of the village. A crowd had seemingly been drawn out by something, and Marick couldn't help but hope it wasn't the creatures already. He was completely unprepared for an attack right at this moment. He began to approach the crowd to find out what the fuss was about when he was suddenly stopped in his tracks by a group of children who looked up at him in awe. "Saint Zenshin and a Rising Star?!" they whispered amongst themselves, clearly surprised at the two mages who'd been called to take this job. Getting a wizard saint was impressive enough after all. But to have a mage who was considered a Rising Star was a surprising little addition, even if it wasn't anywhere near as impressive as perhaps having two wizard saints. The children were quickly shooed off by the village elder, who walked towards Marick with a welcoming smile. "Oooh, Solitaire as well? Welcome to our humble village. Saint Zenshin is waiting for you in the tent to your right. Don't keep him waiting."

Marick nodded and smiled again. "I wouldn't dream of it." he replied warmly, before picking up his pace once again and forcing his way through the crowd of people. It took a short while, but eventually he was at the entrance to the tent and still intact. I guess this is what I get for working with a wizarding celebrity. he thought to himself with a chuckle before he entered the tent. Once inside he brushed himself off to look more presentable, then looked up to face the Wizard Saint. The man was young, younger than he was that was for certain - not that Marick considered himself to be old of course - with looks that would probably slay as many women in a night as Marick's did. He walked up to Zenshin and bowed his head slightly as a sign of respect before offering his hand. "'Saint' Zenshin of Sabertooth I presume? I'm Marick Lowell. It's good to finally meet you. Ian spoke highly of you whilst on our job."
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 2nd February 2014, 1:22 pm

"Saint Zenshin of Sabertooth I presume? I'm Marick Lowell. It's good to finally meet you. Ian spoke highly of you whilst on our job."

A voice came from the people who were all asking him questions. A declarative sentence was welcome among the sea of interrogative ones that came from the denizens of the hunting village.

"Your presumptions would be correct. Pleasure to meet you as well Marick "

So Ian has already done a job? Looks like my hunches about his potential were right. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a flash in the pan though... And speaking highly of me? All I did was pummel him into the ground, I can't imagine someone saying good things about me after something like that he thought as he got up, many women and children of the ground grabbing at him, hoping to get a touch. After the thought, he leaned looked up at the man with the stylish goatee and whispered something...

"Between us, I don't particularly enjoy the limelight, let's hurry outside where we can talk in peace"

After that was said, he trudged through the ocean of people, each one of them wanted a piece of him. How could he expect to go unnoticed after the stunt he pulled during the "Era Incident" as he had come to call it. Once they were both out of that dammed tent, a voice came, exclaiming for Zenshin to say cheese. Another one of those photolacrima using dogs of the Sorcerer's Magazine trying to catch him off guard. In the second he looked up to the man who was standing a good few feet away from him and Marick snapping a photograph of him exiting the tent, Zenshin linkstepped behind him and took the device from his greasy hands, tossing it hard into the sand meters away from them.

"Don't try that again. Let's go Marick."

He said these words coldly, thinking that this dog of the magazine wouldn't get his point otherwise, and his response was a nod from the man who was dumbfounded at his speed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions Completed

Post by Guest 2nd February 2014, 2:13 pm

Marick's presumptions were confirmed as the Wizard Saint returned his pleasantries, although it was difficult to hear a word the younger mage had said due to the constant questions being shouted over their shoulders. Zenshin got to his feet and leaned in close to Marick's shoulder. "Between us, I don't particularly enjoy the limelight, let's hurry outside where we can talk in peace." Marick found the idea of it odd considering how far too many Wizard Saints in the past had flaunted their status. It was a refreshing change to say the least. He followed behind Zenshin as they exited the tent...or at least, he had been.

Marick had gotten two steps clear of the entrance when a sudden call from a photographer had caught the attention of the Wizard Saint and the Rising Star. Before he could register what was happening, Zenshin had suddenly disappeared from in front of him and reappeared behind the photographer, throwing the camera into the sand. "Don't try that again. Let's go Marick." Now Marick wasn't a fan of taking orders. But on this occasion he wasn't going to argue. In his eyes Zenshin's actions and words were justified. Paparazzi photographers were among the photographers and reporters that Marick had little respect or time for. He remained completely silent as he placed his right hand on the hilt of his sword and walked to catch up to the Sabertooth Guildmaster, ignoring the questions being thrown at him now that Zenshin had made it clear he was not going to respond.

As the pair got further away from the crowd Marick was finally able to hear and think clearly. "So, now that we've got some piece and quiet, I supposed I'd ought to explain why I invited you on this job with me - which, by the way, I'm pleasantly surprised you agreed to." He was now walking at an even pace with Zenshin rather than behind him, ensuring he was heard. "You recently became the guildmaster of Sabertooth. You have the most recent knowledge of how to build a guild up almost from the bottom...barring Zuo Cii, but let's not go there. Anyway...I wish to learn more about guilds; their general infrastructure, the work needed to build them up, everything."

The Solitaire rolled his shoulder to loosen it up in preparation for their task ahead, as well as to make himself feel less awkward about what he was about to say. "I hope to one day form a guild of my own to house the many guildless mages of Fiore who are treated like dirt by the magic council unless they need them. I don't expect you to understand my reasoning of course, that would be rude of me. But I would like to learn. Even at my age I'm still learning, and I feel that, if you're willing, you could help me." It wasn't often that he opened up to anybody, let alone strangers. It felt odd. Uncomfortable, yet oddly relaxing at the same time. "I understand that we came here to work and that will be our priority of course."
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 2nd February 2014, 3:52 pm

It seemed like the old dog Marick, 'old dog' referring to how he is actually than Zenshin by a good number of years, wanted to learn some new tricks. He seemed pure at heart, but his goal seemed a bit too self righteous to actually work. That being said, Zen knew that this would be the perfect opportunity to recruit a new guild member. Judging from the fact that he himself wanted to start up a guild, it probably meant that he was also guildless. Or, Zenshin was just jumping to conclusions from the smallest thing. One swallow does not a summer make, after all. But even still, he went with his instincts and decided to assume he was guildless.

"Yeah... I don't particularly enjoy the company of Zuo Cii either... He's a bit too, how to put this. Eccentric? Yeah, that's the word. He's a bit too eccentric for normal people to want to be involved in. And Fairy Tail? It's much too rowdy and disorganized. Blue Pegasus, well, I don't really have any complaints about them, but they aren't taking any members. And then there's Sabertooth, which caters to the mages that want to share a common cause under an organized leader. To be honest, I didn't think I would become a guildmaster so quickly... but things with the previous guildmaster arose and I was 'forced' to take over. The thing with running a guild is that... you can never be idle. You always need to be doing something to improve on the guild in any way. Whether it's completing a new guild hall or recruiting members, the guildmaster should always be doing something. The something I'm doing right now is setting an example for the few members I have to get out there and do jobs, and so here I am. Also, don't think too much about how I agreed to take this job with you. I actually met the old guildmaster the same way. I invited him out into a clearing, asked him to train me, and he did, and that was that. Had he refused to spend his time with a stranger, I wouldn't be here, so yes, every little invitation is considered greatly. Unless I know it's one of those kinds of people like you saw in the tent, idolizing another to the point of inviting them to meet."

It was a lot of information to get out, he had to condense it somehow for the next time he explained it to someone.

"Anyhow, I don't recommend it at all. There's a guild for everyone right now. The silly, melancholy guild. The serious, rehabilitation guild. The organized, order driven guild. The religious, worshipers guild. And Blue Pegasus. It's also not really my main concern on this job if you wanted to talk. I came prepared for that. The lions will come to us. I'd also be honored if you considered joining my guild, and in return, I can put to rest any arguments you would have against it."

Missions Completed

Post by Guest 2nd February 2014, 4:27 pm

It seemed that the man who'd remained so silent with the crowd was more of a talker than one would have first thought. Or perhaps it was the topic at hand that brought out the monologue of information and thoughts of the wizard saint, as Marick simply listened to the young man's words closely, picking out specific details that he could perhaps ask about as they performed this job.

"Yeah... I don't particularly enjoy the company of Zuo Cii either... He's a bit too, how to put this. Eccentric? Yeah, that's the word. He's a bit too eccentric for normal people to want to be involved in. And Fairy Tail? It's much too rowdy and disorganized. Blue Pegasus, well, I don't really have any complaints about them, but they aren't taking any members. And then there's Sabertooth, which caters to the mages that want to share a common cause under an organized leader.

Marick mentally chuckled at the mention of Zuo Cii. It seemed the information that Kara had given him was dead-on, although he certainly hadn't doubted it for a second. However, as Zenshin spoke Marick did notice that, barring Blue Pegasus, he had something to say about the other guilds. He also didn't mentioned Eclipse Soul, something Marick assumed was simply a case of forgetfulness. The man had a lot to say, so he couldn't be expected to remember every detail to perfection.

"To be honest, I didn't think I would become a guildmaster so quickly... but things with the previous guildmaster arose and I was 'forced' to take over. The thing with running a guild is that... you can never be idle. You always need to be doing something to improve on the guild in any way. Whether it's completing a new guild hall or recruiting members, the guildmaster should always be doing something. The something I'm doing right now is setting an example for the few members I have to get out there and do jobs, and so here I am.

Once again Marick let the man talk, this time paying close attention. He knew the work of a guildmaster was a constant, never-ending chore. But for some reason hearing the words leaving the mouth of a Guildmaster hammered it in a little more. He was new to the job, but he obviously had more than his fair share of work to do. What impressed Marick the most though was the way Zenshin thought about things. A guildmaster should always be doing something, and in this case he was setting a good example of work ethic, something Marick hadn't considered when he'd been thinking about this in the past, but something that was so simple and so obvious that it was so easy to overlook, yet so crucial to the prosperity of a guild and it's members.

"Also, don't think too much about how I agreed to take this job with you. I actually met the old guildmaster the same way. I invited him out into a clearing, asked him to train me, and he did, and that was that. Had he refused to spend his time with a stranger, I wouldn't be here, so yes, every little invitation is considered greatly. Unless I know it's one of those kinds of people like you saw in the tent, idolizing another to the point of inviting them to meet."

Marick chuckled and shook his head. "I can't say I've ever had a crowd quite like that in my life. The closest I've come to that level of attention was in Era when I was swarmed by demons..." Marick suddenly stopped talking and put his hand against his stomach. He'd taken quite the beating that day, not from the demons, but from the shock waves of Acnologia's attacks. He still had a mark there from a particularly nasty wound that he'd suffered, which he'd made worse by carrying Kara out of the wreckage. His efforts there had turned him from an unknown mercenary into a Rising Star of Fiore, giving him a sense of purpose. "...the events there are the reason I'm here now. As a mercenary you spend your life working, drinking and sleeping, with little or no direction. I want to start something a little bit different." he continued, before looking up at Zenshin. "I apologise. Please, carry on."

"Anyhow, I don't recommend it at all. There's a guild for everyone right now. The silly, melancholy guild. The serious, rehabilitation guild. The organized, order driven guild. The religious, worshipers guild. And Blue Pegasus.

It's also not really my main concern on this job if you wanted to talk. I came prepared for that. The lions will come to us. I'd also be honored if you considered joining my guild, and in return, I can put to rest any arguments you would have against it."

For a very brief moment the man was stunned. Zenshin had only known him for a few minutes at most, and yet he was inviting him to join Sabertooth. He wasn't sure what to say. He hadn't considered JOINING a guild before, so to suddenly have the idea put to him was something of a surprise. He took a moment to consider the offer before he finally replied. "How about we see how this job goes first? Work together and get to understand how one another works. Once we're finished...we'll talk about it more. Does that sound fair?"

By now the pair's surroundings had become less like the outskirts of a village and more like a blend between a forest and a savannah. Marick took his cards from his deck holder and shuffled them quickly before placing them back in, ready for use in the fights they would undoubtedly end up in. Marick planned to impress, and he hoped that Zenshin would do the same.
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 2nd February 2014, 4:27 pm

The member 'Legacy' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) WeakMonster
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 2nd February 2014, 5:08 pm

Although he had only just met the man, he offered him a place in his guild. None of his words tried to deceive or mislead the man in any way, he would actually be honored if someone dedicated to creating a home for the un-dedicated to call their own. Equally surprising, he had told him that he'd consider it over the course of the job, which caused a grin to form on Zenshin's face, this was definitely a surprising but welcome answer. Before long, they were surrounded by the runt of the lion litter, ten cubs, who were fierce in their own right, but weren't really perceived as a threat by him. Not wanting to make the job too easy on his new potential member, he started small. He raised his hand up as if he were holding a lantern, and a scythe appeared out of nowhere, the blade to his left side.

The Reaper was definitely one of his trustiest weapons, and if they didn't find the Grand Lion soon, Marick would be one of the first people to see the special ability of his scythe. Also on his mind was Marick's magic, as he hadn't told him exactly what he did back in the tent.

"Fair enough. Let's take care of this as quickly as possible then."

One of the daring cubs took the first attack, a nimble lunge at Zenshin that was telegraphed by the way it leaned back to get a bit more force when it jumped. He sidestepped the attack by moving his right leg behind his left while rotating his entire upper half with the lion's movement, using his scythe to cut a large gash over the entire right side of its body, causing the red liquid to squirt from the open wound and recolor the light sand. It died quickly.

"Only nine more to go."

Although he didn't really enjoy being particularly gory with his kills, it was a scythe and they were trying to kill him. Killing them nicely really wasn't on his list of priorities at that moment.

Lion attack
    Zenshin's block
    Zenshin's attack
    Lion's block

Last edited by Zenshin on 2nd February 2014, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Missions Completed

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 2nd February 2014, 5:08 pm

The member 'Zenshin' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Damage Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Miss

--------------------------------

#2 'Block Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) FailedBlock

#3 'Damage Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack

#4 'Block Dice' :

Post by Guest 3rd February 2014, 12:26 am

No sooner had Marick finished making his proposal than a group of lions stepped out of the shrubbery around the pair. Fortunately on this occasions they were only cubs although, with the sheer number of them that had appeared, they still weren't to be taken too lightly. Marick glanced at Zenshin and watched as the Wizard Saint raised his hand in front of him. He was surprised to see a scythe suddenly appear in the hand of the powerful mage, but the sight of it made Marick smile in anticipation.

"Fair enough. Let's take care of this as quickly as possible then."

Marick chuckled as 7 cards shot out of his deck holder and levitated in front of him, before an 8th shot out immediately as Marick noted there was a 2 in his hand. His right hand moved to his sword as he placed his hand against the hilt, prepared to bring it out if needed. "I couldn't have put it better myself." he replied coolly as took a brief moment to glance over his cards. A reasonably good hand.

Zenshin was the first to take a lion cub down, slaying the creature as it made its move on him. The movement seemed effortless to Marick's eyes. As expected from a Wizard Saint. Zenshin didn't look down at his handiwork. He clearly didn't enjoy killing these creatures. "Only nine more to go."

Now it was Marick's move. The lion cubs hadn't seemed to have been put off by Zenshin's attack and immediately lunged at Marick as he was left alone. It was a mistake on their part. The first lion cub was cut down immediately as Marick pulled out his blade and slashed across the creatures neck. The kill was clean and instantaneous. A second plucky cub made an attempt next, causing Marick to bring his blade upwards in a diagonal movement. Both attacks cancelled each other out as the cub gripped its teeth onto the blade and was merely thrown a few feet through the air and landed on its side virtually unharmed. "Make that eight."

----

MP: 100%
    HP: 100%

Drew 7 cards to start the battle. Drew a 2, Card Draw activated. Drew another card.

7 Posts until Quick Shuffle.

Dice:
    Marick Attacks
    Lion Cubs Block
    Lion Cubs Attack
    Marick Blocks

Last edited by Legacy on 3rd February 2014, 12:47 am; edited 2 times in total
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 3rd February 2014, 12:26 am

#1 'Damage Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Miss

#2 'Block Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) FailedBlock The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block

#3 'Damage Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack

#4 'Block Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 4th February 2014, 4:18 am

Ooc: I screwed up the second block, so lets just say that it was also a block for the thread's sake

Ic: Marick had cards just like a new member of his guild, and also just like that new member, probably used card magic. What's with all these card mages? he thought as he watched a cub charge at him with nimble feet and quick speed. Zen could also hear one coming from behind, but it wasn't as close as the one he *could* see, giving him an idea of how to deal with these two beasts. Raising his scythe so that it was perfectly horizontal in front of his chest, Zen grabbed the bottom part of the shaft of the weapon with his left hand and moved it like a staff into the jaws of the lion cub.

As expected, it closed its jaws upon reaching something solid and was still attached and he make a complete one eighty and swung the same end of the weapon at the cub that was charging from behind. Not particularly enjoying the notion of killing these creatures, he ran up to their downed bodies and dug his scythe *under* them in the sand, and then, like a spatula, pushed upwards with force, sending both of the small creatures high up into the air. When they finally hit the sand, they were knocked out, effectively out of the battle. At least I found an alternative to staining the sand... he thought as he prepared for the next group of lion cubs. Only six more

"Only six more Marick, let's try taking three each so that we could be done with them and get back to searching for that Grand Lion." he said as he watched the light colored creatures, circling around him and his new potential guild member. He decided that it was time to take the offensive, something he normally doesn't do, but the chances that three of them would come to *him* were slim, so he had to get there attention somehow. Charging them with a weapon in both his hands was sure to do the trick.

Lion attack
    Zenshin's block
    Zenshin's attack
    Lion's block

Last edited by Zenshin on 4th February 2014, 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Missions Completed

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 4th February 2014, 4:18 am

#1 'Damage Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack

#2 'Block Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block

#3 'Damage Dice' :

#4 'Block Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block

Post by Guest 4th February 2014, 5:06 am

Zenshin had taken out another two of the lion cubs with relative ease, meaning the numbers had dwindled to almost half already. The speed and precision of the Sabertooth guildmaster was a sight to behold, perhaps even moreso as he was able to knock the two cubs unconscious rather than killing them this time. "Only six more Marick, let's try taking three each so that we could be done with them and get back to searching for that Grand Lion." Marick nodded, although he was more than aware that the Wizard Saint hadn't seen it; it was more an affirmation to himself than anything else. "Understood." Once again he was taking orders from Zenshin, something that surprised him. He wasn't usually all too good at taking orders, so to do so twice in such a short space of time from the same person was somewhat of a shocking development. Although perhaps it was more the fact that he'd been thinking the exact same thing.

He pulled two of the cards out from the air in front of him and cast them; 6: Fireball. The cards left his hands and immediately burst into flames before rushing towards the lion cubs. He wasn't finished yet though, as he grabbed a third card and cast it. 7: Water Pulse. The card fired a powerful jet of water at the lion cub in the middle, smashing it directly in the face and knocking it unconscious. The two fireballs traveled towards their targets, causing the two other lion cubs to scarper in fear at the sight; they weren't all too fond of fire apparently, which was largely unsurprising seeing as how they lived in the wild and probably didn't see fire all too often. After running a few meters away and dodging the flames the two cubs kept their eyes on Marick. They weren't fleeing just yet, but they certainly had no intentions of getting any closer if he was able to cast fire.

----

MP: 80
    HP: 100

6: Fireball - 5 post cooldown
    7: Water Pulse - 3 post cooldown

6 turns until Quick Shuffle

Last edited by Legacy on 4th February 2014, 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 4th February 2014, 5:06 am

#1 'Damage Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack

#2 'Block Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) FailedBlock The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block

#3 'Damage Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Miss The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack

#4 'Block Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 4th February 2014, 9:07 am

Zenshin was glad that Marick wasn't getting all offended from his orders of splitting up the cubs, taking half each. That was the sign of a loyal guild member, one he would make Marick by the end of this job. The cubs, meanwhile, didn't know what hit them. He stopped in between three of them, all of which jumped backwards and roared at him, although it sounded more like a squeal since they were still children. Routing a burst of mana into his shoulders and arms, stimulating his muscles beyond normal human capabilities, and swung his scythe hard in a perfect three hundred sixty degree circle. A second past and the everything was still, then, a massive force hit two of the cubs, knocking them out, while the third was able to duck under the shock wave caused him the force of his swing.

This actually came as a surprise to him, especially when the lion cub immediately followed up and tried to bite him, only being barred by the, well, bar that he used to hold his scythe. Well that was unexpected... Also... Marick, he uses different cards with different elemental affinities? Is that it? If so, that's quite interesting, I don't think I've come across another magic like that before he thought as he spun in a hundred eighty degree half circle. The cub let go and was thrown far, right at Marick's position.

"Marick! Flying cub at your seven!"

He hoped that Marick would get that the seven meant seven o' clock, the direction from which it was flying at him from. Right after the warning, he looked around to make sure there weren't any lion cubs left, there weren't. It was good to be sure though, these things come in such large packs that it wouldn't bee too difficult to overlook one. Not just that, but their fur was the same color as the desert sand, probably an evolutionary trait to help them camouflage while hunting prey. Unfortunately for them, this time they were the prey.

Zenshin's attacks
    Lion cub's blocks
    Lion cubs attacks
    Zenshin's blocks

MP: 95%
    HP: 100%

Last edited by Zenshin on 4th February 2014, 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Missions Completed

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 4th February 2014, 9:07 am

#1 'Damage Dice' :

#2 'Block Dice' :

#3 'Damage Dice' :

#4 'Block Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) FailedBlock
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 4th February 2014, 9:09 am

(Third dice roll for each, screwed it up again. I really dislike dice)

Missions Completed

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 4th February 2014, 9:09 am

#1 'Damage Dice' :

#2 'Block Dice' :

#3 'Damage Dice' :

#4 'Block Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block

Post by Guest 4th February 2014, 4:01 pm

The two cubs that Marick had frightened were watching Marick closely, not daring to move unless he turned his attention away from them. The flames from before were still fresh in their minds and, young as they were, they were smart enough to know that they certainly didn't want to experience that again. Marick drew a new card to add to his hand, letting it join the other cards that were levitating around him. Right now he had no other spell-based cards, meaning he had two options; he could use Discard throw from long range and hope that the cards reached, or he could attack with his sword.

"Marick! Flying cub at your seven!"

He was snapped out of his thoughts immediately at Zenshin's call, but he still had no time to think. Instinctively he brought up his left arm and turned ever so slightly before driving his elbow down. There was an almighty thud as the cub was smashed to the ground from his impact, clearly knocked unconscious and probably wouldn't wake for quite some time. The two cubs who'd been eyeing him cautiously cried out and whimpered at the sight of their sibling being knocked to the floor like a rag doll, before their survival instincts kicked in and they fled.

Marick placed his sword back in its sheath and allowed his cards to return back to the deck holder. "Thanks for the heads up." he said with a smile, before glancing around the area for any other immediate threats. It seemed like it was clear for now, although the roaring in the distance was a sure sign that there would be considerable more work to do. Nonetheless, for now at least they could take a short breather. "You've got some interesting magic Zenshin...and considerable power. I guess your title isn't just for show." he joked, taking his deck of cards out of his deck holder and shuffling them in preparation for the next fight that they would end up in. "You also lead by example. You don't expect a teammate to do something you wouldn't be prepared to do yourself. I respect that."

----

MP: 80

6: Fireball - 4 post cooldown
    7: Water Pulse - 2 post cooldown

5 turns until Quick Shuffle

Last edited by Legacy on 4th February 2014, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 4th February 2014, 4:01 pm

#1 'Damage Dice' :

#2 'Block Dice' :

#3 'Damage Dice' :

#4 'Block Dice' :
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 4th February 2014, 4:33 pm

"Thanks for the heads up. You've got some interesting magic Zenshin...and considerable power. I guess your title isn't just for show. You also lead by example. You don't expect a teammate to do something you wouldn't be prepared to do yourself. I respect that." Marick said, giving his thoughts on what Zenshin was doing and how he was doing it.

"Thanks Marick, you've got some pretty interesting magic powers yourself too. I have a member back at Sabertooth who just joined who'd have a kick meeting your. He's also a card mage" he informed Marick, trying to plant a bit of an underlying message that he wouldn't be alone and alienated from the rest of the guild should he choose to join.

Right... I sometimes forget that I have a title to live up to. Maybe it's because I always tell people to call me my name without the honorific, it's too formal. Then again, every time I go out, the masses are quick to remind me that 'I am Saint Zenshin, one of the ten most powerful mages. Root cause of what they call 'The Unity' of Sabertooth. Please. I'm just like everyone else, a title and above average level of power doesn't change that... he thought, lost in his head like he normally was.

"By the way, I don't think scaring them off was such a good idea. They're probably going to get more of their 'friends', probably bigger and badder too. They should be here soon, prepare yourself" he warned, he knew how these cubs operated.

"There they are. Oh wow, that must be the Grand Lion. Looks like I can really let loose on this"

He said this with a grin on his face, he was happy to be able to face such a daunting challenge. Fifteen huntress tigers and a massive, thirty foot tall one, just thinking about it made him giddy with anticipation.

"Don't blink, Marick"

In a burst of energy, his scythe transformed into its second form, The Hope, the giant glowing crescent humming with magical power. Another moment past and all of the lions charged him at once, probably trying to stomp all over him to knock him out of the battle. If they weren't afraid of him now, oh... they would be. The first two groups of lionesses attacked first, a wave of five in each group. With masterful agility and dexterity, he spun, hopped, and slid under the wave, smiling all the while. The next wave came and he jumped on the head of one, off that head, and onto the backs of the four others as though they were stepping stones. Wave three chose to hesitate before attacking, and when they did, he was able to move his enlarged weapon quickly enough to block all the claws and bites they tried to harm him with.

A shadow formed as the sun was covered by something. It was a passive paw. Without thinking, he instinctively ran towards the nearest lioness, jumped off its back, and linkstepped upwards, onto the head of the beast. Bringing his glowing scythe above his head, he swung it downwards, hoping to hit the back of the Grand Lion's neck, but his efforts were stopped when it moved its extremely *long* tail to block the strike, but allowing for his weapon to chop the tip of the tail off. It let off a mighty roar as it shook, trying to knock him off. Before it could do so, however, he lept off the front of its head, plummeting thirty feet downwards, but he had a plan.

He moved his scythe in such a way that it was upside down and his feet were on the inside of the blade (underneath if it were facing upwards) and made sure to drop down onto a lioness. When he hit the ground, the top of the blade went right through the middle of the monster, cutting it cleanly in two before hitting the sand. Zenshin then flipped his weapon so that the blade was at his one o' clock and in a 'normal' stance. Fourteen... he thought as he swung at all the other lions, who were stunned by their ally and friend being cut in half. In a flurry of blows, he injured a good five and severely injured four other lions before the others finally got smart and decided to start dodging his weapon. Wow, they're faster than me... I'll have to be careful with them he thought as he waited for Marick to follow up.

Lion attack
    Zenshin's block
    Zenshin's attack
    Lion's block

Last edited by Zenshin on 4th February 2014, 5:06 pm; edited 3 times in total

Missions Completed

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 4th February 2014, 4:33 pm

#1 'Monster Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) NormalMonster The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) NormalMonster The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) NormalMonster The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) StrongMonster

#2 'Damage Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Miss The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Miss The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Miss

#3 'Block Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block

#4 'Damage Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Miss The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Attack

#5 'Block Dice' :
    The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) FailedBlock The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) FailedBlock The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block The Kings of Beasts - Zenshin and Marick (Mission) Block

Post by Guest 5th February 2014, 1:04 am

"Thanks Marick, you've got some pretty interesting magic powers yourself too. I have a member back at Sabertooth who just joined who'd have a kick meeting you. He's also a card mage."

Those words on their own were enough to intrigue the Solitaire. His passion for the cards was, without a doubt, one of the three things that would never fail to catch his attention. It was as if Zenshin was aware of this and was preying on that part of him. Marick chuckled and nodded. "It would certainly be interesting to meet him and check his magic out for myself." he replied, ensuring to give no hint as to whether he'd come close to making a decision yet. "It pro-" he began, but realised Zenshin was talking and fell quiet again. "By the way, I don't think scaring them off was such a good idea. They're probably going to get more of their 'friends', probably bigger and badder too. They should be here soon, prepare yourself."

It was as if Zenshin had read his mind. Unfortunately the concern was quickly turned to confirmation as the ground shook beneath the two mages, and snarling could be heard from an incoming group of lioness'. What had caught Marick's attention though wasn't the sheer number of lioness in the group, but what was stood behind them; a massive Grand Lion that stood around thirty feet tall. It wasn't often that Marick felt dwarfed, but this was certainly an exception. "There they are. Oh wow, that must be the Grand Lion. Looks like I can really let loose on this."

Marick chuckled again as he pulled a new hand of seven cards from his deck and let them levitate gently in front of him. "A man after my own heart Zenshin." he said with a grin. "Don't blink, Marick" The Wizard Saint burst forward and began his assault, dodging the lioness' or using them as stepping stones to get to the Grand Lion. Much as Marick wanted to stand and watch, the incoming stampede of big cats was now headed directly for him. He drew another card and his already large grin became larger. "The cards are playing nicely today." he said simply as he gripped two of the cards and played them; Twin Jokers. In an instant he teleported from where he was stood, straight onto the head of the Grand Lion. He gripped his remaining six cards and launched them from his makeshift pedestal, down onto the horde of lioness.

Meanwhile, two doppelgangers were now stood where Marick had been just a moment before. they each raised their hands and fire 6 cards each, aiming for two of the lioness in particular. There was a whistle through the area as the eighteen cards all flew through the air towards a centrepoint, then two of the lioness crumpled to the ground unconscious. "Twelve remaining...and this bugger here of course" he called out, before jumping down off of the creatures head as it attempted to shake him off. He landed a few feet away from Zenshin and rolled to reduce the impact, skidding to a halt and standing back to his full height, ready for more.

----
    MP: 65 (-15%)

6: Fireball - 3 post cooldown
    7: Water Pulse - 1 post cooldown
    Discard Throw - 2 post cooldown
    Twin Jokers - 5 post cooldown

Emptied hand, Card Draw activated. Drew 5 cards.
    4 turns until Quick Shuffle.

Last edited by Legacy on 5th February 2014, 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 5:17 pm