Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Apprentice!

Dragofox
    Dragofox

Quality Badge Level 1- Rising Star- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Eagle Vision
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Minato Namikaze
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Flame Of Executioner
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Apprentice!  Empty The Apprentice!

Post by Dragofox 2nd January 2014, 2:57 am

“Master, ahaha!” “Now you do it like this, son.” A silhouette of a kid could be seen, happily letting out easing laughter children, harmonizing the moment with the happiness the child expressed clearly with the smile on his face. Another silhouette was present, this one being one of an older man, possibly and elderly man. Both were having good times together, the younger silhouette seemingly learning things playfully from the older one. The background was only a piece of white, they weren’t existing in the present dimension, or timeline. Maybe the two was only apparitions, figures merging out of mere sub-consciousness of one’s mind, randomly taking the form of whatever could be in the mind of the beholder.  

The scenery started to fade in white, the black silhouette becoming smaller and smaller in size, the voice of the two turning lower and lower in tone. It looked like the sub-conscious reality was being sapped away from whoever was experiencing it, and it was disturbing. As the delightful picture got theft away from the eye of beholder, consciousness slowly crawls back to mind. It was painful, the way the sight of the two disappeared without the experiencer knowing what was it all about, and what outcome did the shady situation brought to his life.

“Gah!” Naruto snapped from his sleep. The dream that drifted his mind further away from reality had brought him closer to the memory he had once oath not to loss upon, slightly relieved at the fact that the short event occurred. Wiping away the sweat on his forehead, Naruto didn’t slowly start to regain emotion like how usual people do daily after waking up. His waking up method explained though, so he wouldn’t really question that, not that he intended to do so even.

Somehow, the dream sucked his motivation for the day, dragging along such thing that kept his mind focused for the day he would have to go through. Everything seemed so far in reach, hence the saying so close, yet so far. He started the day lazy, even when taking his breakfast. Different from the usually energetic self of his, Naruto felt the day was something he wished could just be skipped, like how a child skips a round coming from a rope in a game of skipping rope.

Things went like how they would usually do in Naruto’s daily days, but it was Naruto himself that made the big difference in that day. His laziness, the obvious lack of motivation in his acts and his reduction of chats clearly showed what the kind of toll had the dream took on his body, or to be exact, his soul. The dream was really disturbing, it continued bugging his mind, even when Naruto tried killing it with things he would usually do to distract him greatly. Knowing that he’ll fail the day, Naruto decided to just not do anything that day, just some loafing and much resting.

Things went smoothly after, all like he wanted. The disturbing pieces of his past memory started to fade away, seemingly giving up in its attempt to continuously force Naruto into immersing himself into the past which he didn’t want to recall about. Deciding he would stop being a sloth, Naruto stood up from seat he usually take in the Fairy Tail guildhall, stopping just moments after he did. Something the two behind him was talking about caught his ears’ attention, being overheard what they said about towers and such. Using his stealthy skills, Naruto wanted to know more, hence the eavesdropping shortly after.

“Have you heard? That tower appeared again! This time, that gem messed up the timeline, bringing along dinosaurs and stuff.” “Wait.. what the.. So, seriously, this time climbing that thing will be harder than before?” “Yea, what do you expect, the last time it was meteor, stars and something like that, luckily it appeared right where there’s no one living. But this time.. Dinosaurs.. That gem is dangerous.” “It sure is, man.” All they were talking about was indeed, intriguing for Naruto’s interest, such facts that they talked about involving dinosaurs and all, it really was something very adventurous not to be missed. “Ahem, so what were you two talking about? I’m sure it is something to be shared among the Fairy Tail member’s, right?” Naruto appeared from behind them, joining the conversation without them hesitating to tell him more.

“Well, it’s the Sky Tower. It’s like, a tall building, and it’s thin. So tall, like a mountain. It’s supposed to be appearing here and there, disappearing in an instance for every time it appears.” “And why is that?” “Well, actually the Sky Tower itself is a usual tower, but there’s something powering it, a gem or something. I don’t really know about that gem, but from the weird stuff that always happen involving the tower, I guess it’s some kind of a time travel gem?” “Yeah, cause whenever it reappears, it’ll bring something from the past. Like, this time it’s bringing along dinosaurs back to the present time.” Naruto kept his mouth shut, the facts the two were telling him intriguing his best of interests. “Well, this time it’s near the middle of the world. Ahaha I mean, it’s like, somewhere around the middle of the map, where you can see almost everywhere from up atop.” The plump man stated, clearing Naruto’s momentary confusion about the Sky Tower’s whereabouts.

“But sure though, just like always, it’ll disappear in like, 3-5 days after it appears. Fortunately though, the Sky Tower takes like about 2 months or so to reappear, so it wouldn’t be much of a regret if you missed it. But there’s no telling what it’ll bring along the next time it reappears. This time dinosaurs, so when it disappears, the dinosaurs will too.” A long detailed explanation by the plump man, still up to Naruto’s interests’ standards. “I see. So how does it look like and all, if you two don’t mind telling me?” The men nodded in sync, the plump man starting first. “It looks tall, majestic and all. The walls are supposedly diamonds, glimmering and stuff. And when I say it’s tall, it really is. Like, 10 days of walks are its said reach of height.” “For the else thing, there’s supposedly an entrance and a long flight of stairs. Well, not that people had actually made it up, but some lived to tell the story, and so the story spread.”

Nodding over and over again, Naruto now started to get the gist of how the Sky Tower looked itself, and the greatness and all the values it held up for itself. The gem, especially, was the most special asset of the tower, and the young man decided to go up there to find out about things himself. “Well, I still have approximately three days to get to the top, with an extra of one or two days, right?” Naruto sighed, getting on his feet quickly after. “I’m going.” The two men was a bit surprised by the young man’s sudden claim, but was not taken aback for too much. The three were from Fairy Tail after all, a guild full of surprise and insanity that leads to the better of things. He stepped out, but not before the two older men stopped him by a grab on the shoulder. “Wait, young man.”

Turning around, Naruto was surprised by the things the two were holding one for each of them. “Here, supposedly, if things go bad, this thing will sustain anything that’s supposed to be for you, like injuries, damages or hallucinations. Anything. But it has its own limits, take too much and it’ll go crack, then go pieces.” “Also, this. It’ll be hard if you got knocked off the tower or anything, so here.” The thin man gave Naruto two sets of papers. “One is the Return Paper. There’s only one of it, so anyway, the other is the Set Paper. The set paper comes in 20 pieces, cause it’s something you use to set checkpoints and stuffs. If you are to be knocked off the tower, use the Return Paper, you’ll be transported back to where the last Set Paper you marked on is. It’s a lifesaver, so make sure you use it carefully. Oh, and the same goes to the Lacrima of Sacrifice my friend gave you just now.”

“Damn, never thought you two would be this useful.” Chuckling, Naruto made a joke on how the two chitter chatters would actually be of use at all. The two actually understood his point, chuckling along as they did. “Well, good luck lad. We await stories from you later.” Naruto nodded, giving them a promising smile. He decided he’ll make his way up, no matter what would befall him. Now, he was not only carrying his will, but he was also shouldering the two’s hopes and dreams on him, making it regretful if he was to fail. “Sure!” Naruto left after, a smile gleaming on his face as the two legs of his arranged steps for him.

Naruto started his walk outside the guild, which would be the streets of Magnolia itself. People were busy walking around, some on a date, some was just.. walking. Walking without any actual purpose. Maybe they didn’t have anything to do that day, hence the empty walks. Naruto had actually forgot to bring a map with him, and he had no clue of where this ‘middle of the map’ place was. Thinking his first task was to find a map or anything related, Naruto sighed, headed to a nearby souvenir shop. It was lively as always, the one of the ten souvenir shops in Magnolia. The Addem’s Gift Shop. The name was familiar, well, of course it was to Naruto, his old friend. Addem, the shop owner was one of the first persons he had first made friends with, his helpfulness being the part of him that Naruto was fond of most. “Yo Addem!” Naruto walked in, the metallic bell echoed its sound around the shop as the Naruto pushed the door open; a warm greeting by the bell.

There was not many people around, just a couple or two. Well, it’s not the holiday season, so the current situation was indeed a familial routine to Addem himself. He was never seen with a bored face, a smile always beaming from his bearded face, his white snowy hair attracting many tourists over. His was no doubt, the most successful souvenir shop out of the ten others in the town, all belonged to his friends. His red eyes always looked warm, greeting those who steps inside his shop with a welcoming look on the eye.

Spoiler:

“Oho, if it’s not my friend, Tamao the bro!” Naruto chuckled, Addem’s rhythmic reply sounded funny somehow. Addem waved over, resting his chin on his hands as his body stood slightly leaning against the counter. “So, what brings you here?” “Nah, nothing special.. just a Sky Tower.” Naruto heard a gasp from Addem shortly after, to which they both burst into friendly laughter. “Oh man, I never thought you’d be so adventurous, my lazy friend!” Addem replied, Naruto nodding, not believing the way he is at the moment himself. “Well, it sparked my interest, and you do know nothing’s stopping it till it’s satisfied, right?” Addem nodded, Naruto’s overwhelming interest had no stopping on it once it gets on the mood.

“Anyway, let me see.. Sky Tower, eh?” Naruto nodded, taking a seat on the counter’s customer side after. “Well, I do heard about it. Supposedly it’s in the middle of the map, right?” Addem guessed, his hand on his chin as he thought. “Yep yep. So it means, you do know what I’m here for.” Naruto added, looking around the shop as he spoke. Nothing changed, well, not much actually. Addem had just added a new section of his souvenir shop’s goods, meaning his business was going well. There were bobble heads, key chains and stuff, all unique and beautiful in their own way. “Of course I do know. A map, am I right?” Naruto nodded, Addem’s intelligence not something to be looked down upon. “You’re in luck, my friend. There is this one map that people won’t bother buying, it’s cheap and old, but I can’t see anything on it that can make it belong to the antiques section.” Addem turned around, digging into his massive storage room as he spoke loudly. Naruto waited, both patiently and eagerly.

“Here it is, amigo!” Addem returned to the counter not so soon after, with a rolled map tied with a red strap and a ribbon in the middle. “Well, nice- cough!” Addem blew the map as Naruto spoke, the dust flying straight towards him after. “Well, sorry, it’s old, and had not been touched since like, 10 years.” Addem remembered his dad failing to sell it, and he himself failed too after taking over the shop for his dad. “Sure sure, I understand- cough cough!” Naruto was a bit disturbed by the flocking dust, all going for his face at once. He waved his hands around, seemingly slapping the dust away as it flew away. “Well, that’s better.” Sighing, Naruto returned into his relaxed sitting stance as he looked at the map. Addem opened the strap tying, laying the old map onto the table flat after.

“Woah, this is.. Old.” Naruto stated his interest, but on a lower, surprised tone. It was the typical old map, with dust, some tore down parts on it and stuff. But still, the contents were intact, much to Naruto’s relief. “Well, at least the insides are unharmed.” Sighing, Naruto took a focused look on the map, the detailed graphs inside it still unscathed, perfect. “Yesh. I will buy this, Addem.” Naruto nodded, Addem rolling it back to how it was before. “Here.” “So, how much will it cost?” Addem sighed, smiling after. “Tamao my friend.. I have known you for a long time.. and yet, you’re still asking for prices and stuff. This map, like our friendship, is priceless. It’s all yours. Free of charge.” Patting Naruto on the shoulder, Addem held the map towards the young man, slightly hesitating, but took it anyway. “Thanks my friend! Damn you’re the best, Addem!” Naruto stood on his legs, keeping the map in his small bag as he spoke. Leaving the shop, Addem and Naruto exchanged smiles, both satisfied and happy with their ongoing friendship. It was something crucial, something irreplaceable that Naruto would treasure forever deep in him.

As he set to leave, Naruto turned around, only to see Addem getting back to business with his customers. Before he left, Addem took a second to give the young blonde man a thumbs up, another way of saying good luck, before attending back to the waiting customers. Naruto looked up upon the sky, hoping that day the odds will be in his favour. Next, Naruto went to a nearby food shop, where he planned to fill his food storage for the will be adventure. Entering the shop, he was greeted warmly by the female shopkeeper, Arika, dark purple hairs, light purple eyes. She had a cute look on her, the big ribbon on her head made her look attractive. There were ten to twelve customers that day, the male customers being the three quarter proportion of the total. Well, it was obvious, they were they to have their chance at getting to Arika. But knowing her, Naruto knew it’ll be hellish hard for the guys even if they had the best plan with them along. Shoving the flocking males at the counter, Naruto slipped through the many males with ease. “Yuuu, Arika!” A gasp, following a smile appeared from Arika, disappointing the males as she hugged him shortly after. “Narutooooo~!” He flailed, not having the space to breathe, her busty chest pressing against Naruto’s face. “Ugh.. can’t.. breathe!"  Arika came back to her senses upon hearing it, letting go of the young blonde man quickly. “Oh I’m sorry!” Scratching his head, Naruto sighed, wondering when will she start thinking before doing things to him.

Spoiler:

“Well, anyway, how’s things doing?” “Fine, thank you! And what would you come here for?” Naruto looked at Arika, and with a playful face, replied; “I came here for you.” Arika blushed after, eyes widening, not only hers, but the males too. “Damn that was a hit!” One of them shouted, the others started getting their hopes killed. “Ahaha, I was just kidding.” Chuckling, Naruto could hear Arika and the other males sighing in relief, somehow doing so in sync. “You’re still with the clumsiest response to things.” Naruto smiled, patting her on the head. The other males started to leave, knowing that Naruto would get the cute girl occupied for the time being.

“Stupid! Don’t just come and go spurt that kind of joke!” A bit angry, Arika frowned, Naruto only chuckling in response. “Hm, I came for food. Like, lots of them!” “Adventure, I see.” Arika smiled, walking around the store as she started taking the best, tastiest and the most nutritious foods her shop could ever provide a customer with. Naruto was the shop’s regular costumer, and it gave Ariak a sense of relief to know that he did not become the regular customer just for the delight of hitting on her. Instead, he merely came for food, and to make friends, which Arika herself won’t have a problem with. The basket she brought along as she rounded the shop got full with just a round, amazing both the customers and Naruto himself. “Hm hm, you’re also good with food.” Naruto nodded in agreement to his own statement, Arika blushing as she thanked him for such a compliment.

Done with the food, Arika went back to her loyal customer, putting the filled basket on the counter. “Here, I gave you, the best serve ever!” Naruto chuckled, playing along. “Well, look, one bite from one of these, and it can last you for 5 hours! How’s that?” Thumbing up, Naruto showed his amazement on how awesome can such mere food shop can be. “Wow, with these, I guess I can last up to 6 months, right?” Arika nodded, his guess hit the jackpot. “Nice, I’ll take it! How much will it cost?” Taking out his pouch, Naruto readied his jewels to pay for the food with. “Hm, it’ll actually cost 50000 jewels, but for a loyal, regular customer like you.. I’ll cost you.. uhm.. 10000.” “Aww yeah! Thanks Arika!” Naruto paid with said amount, stuffing the foods in his backpack after.

“Wait, before you leave, mind telling me what will it all be about?” Like Naruto’s, Arika’s interest sparked with all the buying from Naruto. “I’ll tell you, when I get back, okay?” Naruto gave her a thumbs up, Arika nodding in response. “I await for an exciting story later, so don’t die!” Smiling, Naruto replied her with a nod, leaving the shop shortly after. Exiting the shop, Naruto was by then complete; all that’s left for him to do was just start to venture through the harsh path towards the Sky Tower, having only 4-5 days to reach there before it disappears again, much like how it always did before, or so he was told. Walking away from the shop, Naruto sighed, ready to take on anything.

First off, the map. Taking it out, Naruto unrolled the old map, carefully and as gentle as he can. It sure was old, there were details about places that existed in the world no more, such as the Grenge Highlands, it was torn down to the ground by an unexpected earthquake 7-8 years ago. It was so strong, the whole world shook. Magnolia, Hargeon, everywhere. Everyone was in fear of dying in the natural disaster, that destroyed almost 4000 houses and buildings, took nearly 2000 lives, and made a change in the scenery. All that, and it took only 5 minutes for the earthquake to leave such a mark on the living. Unknown to everybody, it was not sure if the massive earthquake happened by natural means, or if somebody messed up with his or her powers, causing the destruction.

Now on the dirt path, Naruto looked around, trees starting to show up more and more as he walked further away from Magnolia. “Well, this means I’m reaching the forest then.” Naruto sighed, checking up on the map and his compass frequently to keep track on his steps. It showed to the north, so Naruto decided to just go along the south, where the forest in which the Sky Tower would be. It had only been 4 hours since he left Magnolia, so it wouldn’t be a good idea yet to stop for a rest. “I might go for maybe.. 3 hours walk before I have my first rest.” Sighing, Naruto looked around, hoping the scenery would ease his mounting tiredness up, but to no avail. He didn’t like trees, and all there were in the scenery were of course, trees. Trees here, trees there. All green and.. woody.

Naruto continued the walk, glad to see some birds flying here and there, though not often. It was still something, better than having to walk along the path to only have trees and more trees in his sight. He wondered what happened actually, the silence a bit disturbing. Even though the place was a forest, the silence in it was somehow.. off. Did something happen? Or was it the official keep your mouth shut day for the animals? Shrugging the questions off his mind, Naruto walked along the path, again with his short routine of checking the map and the compass for like, once per 10 steps. It was not long till he found a good place to rest, there was a small pond next to the small grassy field surrounded by thick, green bushes.

“Nice!” Naruto walked into the grass field, walking over the bushes which served as its gate. It was a nice scenery, and luckily, birds take their rest from the long fly just around the field, though it was concealed under the tall trees and all. The branches helped them with the clinging, providing them for a safe place to rest on without the worry of having themselves shot or caught. Relieved at such sight, Naruto sat down near the pond, where the water was crystal clear, fish swimming here and there. Frogs on top of lilies and all, it was all beautiful. “Well, maybe this trip to the Sky Tower would be a good, memorable one after all."

“Sky tower? Did you say Sky Tower?” Naruto jumped slightly at the sudden low voice that started talking to him. He looked around, but couldn’t see any human in the surroundings. It was clear though, and he was sure that he wasn’t only daydreaming or stuff. There was someone with him, and he knew that person was still around. “Who’s there? Come out.” Naruto stood on his legs, a sandwich on his hand. Whilst waiting for a reply from whoever it might be, Naruto took a bite from the sandwich, keeping his cool at the moment. “You seriously think you can survive even going there?” The voice suddenly appeared again, this time asking. “Ahaha, well, you shouldn’t ask such trivial question.” Naruto smiled, now seemed more relaxed. “Of course, I will!” “Hmph.. such confidence..”

Spoiler:

It was a slight instance, but Naruto could feel it. The sharp wind breeze blowing against him in a split second, a sudden approach. “What the…” Eyes widen, his pupils became tense at the sudden realization that someone was standing behind him, a hand on his neck. “How ignorant.. Do you really think you can survive when you’re as weak? Fool.” Naruto was indeed shocked, having nothing to reply with. “What? Do you think just by having a strong will, can you survive with somewhat a miracle? How.. absurd.” The figure started to apply more force on his hand, threatening Naruto with death by maybe a snap on the neck.

Spoiler:

“Stop it, Range. You don’t want to kill him.. just yet.” Another voice came through, revealing a man standing two to three metres away from Naruto. The figure disappeared from his behind as he felt the same wind, now reappearing in a blink of an eye next to the newly arrived man. “Hmph.” An expressionless man, there was no frown nor a smile on his face, yet his straight face told Naruto something; he’s deadly. “Now, young man, you should turn around, return to your home.” The other man started talking again, Naruto listening still with his battle stance on. “Turn around, this is no place for you. Not the Sky Tower.” “Heh, and what? You’d expect me to stagger back home, shivering in fear?” Naruto replied sharp, he didn’t want to do as the man said. “Precisely.” Naruto’s eyes widened, a second hadn’t still passed after the man talked, but the one name Range (Rang-ge) was already in front of Naruto, ready to attack. “Fast!”

Range gave Naruto a kick on the stomach, he tried blocking it but it was too fast. Staggering backwards a few steps, Naruto felt the wind again, this time Range standing behind the still staggering blonde. “Heargh!” Naruto spun around, attempting to land his fist on Range’s face, but missed due to his unreachable speed. “What the heck.. that was too fast!” the other man decided to just watch as the one sided battle went on. Naruto had just now got a chop on his cheek, to which he was thrown aback for a feet, landing on his body. “Ugh.. strong..” Range stood straight, looking down on the laying man, his cold, straight eyes penetrating through Naruto’s sturdy emotions. “Dammit.. Why am I scared!?” Shouting internally, Naruto groaned, the pain put him in agony.

“Now, you are warned. Go home, young man.” The man turned around, stopping after taking a few steps away. “Or waste your meaningless life here.” He disappeared from the scene right after saying his last sentence, Range tagging along after. There Naruto was, looking helpless on the ground, shaking in agony. And fear. He had never faced such a strong opponent, losing without him being able to even lay a finger on his enemy. “Dammit.. Ugh..” Naruto sighed, still in pain. Gritting his teeth, Naruto got on his butt, sitting down as he took steady breaths to calm himself down. Everything that just happened were too sudden, and he was still in shock. Shocked by the sudden approach by the two men, and the display of deadly strength by the one named Range.

Naruto’s eyes slowly opened, a wild jungle cat licking him on his face as he regained consciousness. “Eh?” The cat jumped in shock, backing away shortly after. Naruto had difficulties as he tried waking up, the pain on his back overpowering him. He only managed to get on his butt again, his legs still too weak and in pain to support his bodyweight to stand. It was night, and the darkness made it hard to look around. One hand up, Naruto ignited his flame, killing away the poisoning effect of his fire for the time being. Having a light source, Naruto burned a thick stick he found nearby, staggering as he reached over for his backpack. “Ugh.. that still hurts.. what the heck is with that strength.. geez.” Naruto sighed, lucky that his food storage was unharmed, only that his last sandwich were eaten away by the cat earlier. It stood there still, next to the fire, possibly keeping warm. “Oh, it’s you, cat.” Naruto approached it, and it tried running away. “Wait wait. I’m not going to harm you. Ahaha, wanna go with me for an adventure?”

The cat just looked, not nodding nor shaking, still on its cautious stance. “Hm, not that you can understand me anyway.” Naruto sighed, done with the packing up. He didn’t know anything of a first aid treatment, and so decided to let his body heal by itself without him helping. Landing next to the fire, Naruto slowly closed his eyes. He was in a dilemma deep inside. “Should I go back… or should I continue?” But he was tired, and so decided to just think about what to do the next day, having wasted half of the day fainting after the painful battle in which he lost.

Something brushed along his cheek. Something moist, soft and squishy. It was nice and all, but it went on, eventually being disturbing. “Uh hey!” Naruto jumped back into reality, his sleep disturbed. The sun was already hanging on the sky, so he assumed that it was sometime between 8-11 a.m. at the moment. “Damn, I woke up late.” Naruto sighed, and as he turned around saw the same cat. It was just sitting next to his backpack, seemingly waiting for him. “Eh? Why are you still here?” The cat turned to the backpack, staring at it without meowing or anything. “Oh, I get it, you’re hungry.” Chuckling, Naruto took out a tuna sandwich, giving it to the cat with a smile. It took the tuna sandwich slowly, no signs of happiness nor sadness, nor anything. Naruto shrugged, turning back to the backpack after.

Having ate his breakfast for the day, Naruto sat still on where he was, the pain on his body slightly healed overnight. He went blank, thinking over things that happened yesterday. “Damn..” He didn’t know if he should turn back like how the other man said, or continue and face Range sooner or later. As he think, Naruto leaned more to the decision to just turn back and fail, but suddenly got bit on the hand by the cat. “Ugh!” Naruto looked at the cat, the pain on his hands completely made him forgot of the pain that Range caused yesterday. “Ah.. What was that for-..!!” Naruto snapped, a sudden realization came through. He was relying on his pain and fear to make the decision for him, that he forgot that there were hopes, dreams and wishes for him to fulfil. “No, I can’t fail here.” Recalling the moments he had with the two older men back in his guild, Naruto was also motivated by the wish from his two friends, thus deciding to go on no matter what. “Thanks, cat. You helped me.” Patting the cat on the head, in didn’t retaliate, a slight sign of trust.

“Well, time to get going!” Naruto stood on his legs, ready to make a leave for the Sky Tower. The cat followed, hopping onto his head before saying anything. “Eh? Cat, you going too?” The cat kept quiet, Naruto taking it as a yes anyway. Stepping out of the grassy field, Naruto looked around, everything as silent as it was yesterday. But this time, there were no birds flying around, the sky, too, only had clouds as its sole ornament. Naruto sighed, patting the cat by his head before setting off, headed towards the Sky Tower, though he still couldn’t see it anywhere.

“Hmph, how persistent.” Range was looking from atop a tree branch, hiding under the shades of the many leaves of said tree. Still with his straight facial expression, Range’s cat-like eyes eyed Naruto all the way till he disappears from his sight, annoyed at such a display of stubbornness. “He was given another path, yet he still walks down the path of death. Such idiocy.” Range then disappears from the scene, the leaves shaking slightly from the blow of the same sharp gust of wind.

Naruto checked up his location with the map and the compass once in a while, making sure he kept his steps in the right direction. The cat fell asleep on his head, and Naruto didn’t want to disturb the feline in its slumber. Checking the map, Naruto wasn’t sure if he went the right direction, but judging from the compass, he might have misstep a little angle. Turning back to the proper direction, Naruto walked, now it had been 2 hours since he started walk. Sighing, Naruto decided to take a rest in the next 3 hours, his legs too sore and in pain to walk too much like how he could yesterday.  

Sighing, Naruto sat under a big shady tree, resting as he leaned against the massive tree trunk. The cat woke up as soon as he started taking the rest, leaping off of Naruto’s head soon after. It stuck around with him as the two rested, Naruto taking out a loaf of bread as they did. He started biting a huge chunk of it, and as he chewed, offered the cat some of the bread loaf as well. But it shook its head, and didn’t take it, not even sniff it. “Well, I guess you don’t want to.” Shrugging, Naruto continued eating on his own comfort, without the cat bothering, and without anyone to battle with. Yet. He figured out that this time, he’ll be prepared if such thing was to happen again.

Naruto fell asleep inadvertently after finishing the whole bread loaf, much to his amazement himself. Waking up after the short nap, Naruto’s heavy eyes opened, him seeing the same sight of the forest. He checked up on himself, and nothing had happened, much to his relief. But, Naruto couldn’t see the cat anywhere, and not even calling it will make it return. It seemed like it ran off after seeing something terrifying or something. “Oi, cat!” Naruto wouldn’t want the cat to delay his conquest, deciding he’d leave the wild feline if it didn’t return in like, 1 hour. From his judgement of the surrounding, it was approximately 4 p.m. in the evening, and it was about to get dark, no doubt.

“And 3.. 2.. 1. Alright I’m leaving.” Naruto stood up after, preparing to leave. Strapping the bag back on his shoulder, Naruto looked around one last time before he leaves, it had been 1 hour and 15 minutes since he waited for the cat to return, but there were no signs of it returning, so the cat had probably go back home with its mother or something. Or maybe something bad had happened. Naruto started to worry though, but hid the worry in his face from himself even, lying to himself into believing that the cat would do just fine. Forcing the worry away, Naruto took reluctant steps down the path leading to the Sky Tower, wondering how long will it takes to climb it as he tried distracting himself off of thinking about the little wild furry feline.

The bushes along the dirt path shook, the gusts of wind blowing against them. The sound coming from the shake filled the atmosphere, Naruto looking around, cautious. It might be dangerous, so he wouldn’t want to let his guard down, especially not in this kind of place and time. He stood in his prepared stance, ready to take on anything, or simply run away if the challenge would prove to be too much for him. Luckily, he had just rested, but he had a catch; his wounds and bruises. The last beat up he got was still stinging its pain on him, making him grunt lowly for almost every move he made with his limbs. It still hurt, it wasn’t that severe, but there were multiple injured parts, so the pain collected, then stung Naruto’s brain all at the same time, causing more pain as he moved around.

The wind gusts became more and more harsh per every passing minute, the bushes and the tree leaves making annoying loud shaking sounds, joined with the whooshing sound coming from the violent wind blows. “Ergh.. This wind.. Dammit, not now..” Naruto looked around, the wind blowing at the same pace, the cold chill from the wind grazing along his skins, making him shiver slightly of the coldness. It was not long after, before the same sharp wind felt beside him, making his eyes widen and showed signs of tense, the abnormal speed never ceasing to surprise the eye of the beholder.

“Hmph, you still on with your shitty dreams. What are you, an insolent fool?” Range’s voice could be heard from behind, this time no threat coming from his hand like the first time the two met. “Heh, sorry, but my persistent is the type which you call, the one that kills its own master.” Smirking, Naruto backed away from the man, though knowing that it’ll be useless against a man with Range’s speed, but it still wouldn’t hurt to back away anyway. “Sorry, but your last beating gave me quite the injury, so can’t really fight well.” Staggering as he stepped away from the man, Naruto went straight, telling Range of his handicapped status at the moment.

Range stepped closer to the blonde man, his eyes showing no change in expression. The same straight eyes that gave him the cold stare, something Naruto found rather frightful. “Eat this. It’s a med that’ll cure all those injuries away.” He threw something that looked like a little gumball to Naruto. Naruto caught it, rather in a clumsy style. Range’s eyes were not ones to doubt, so Naruto decided to take a chance and ate it, trusting that Range wouldn’t be a dirty trick playing man.

-to be continued-

(post was too long, the thread won't let me post all 15000 words of them into one post)

Last edited by Dragofox on 2nd January 2014, 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Apprentice!  KFGWJhK
    Dragofox
    Dragofox

Quality Badge Level 1- Rising Star- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Eagle Vision
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Minato Namikaze
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Flame Of Executioner
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Apprentice!  Empty Re: The Apprentice!

Post by Dragofox 2nd January 2014, 2:59 am

“Uwah, I felt better.” Swallowing the gumball whole, Naruto looked at his injuries, the colours of the bruises and the wounds were still there, but there was no pain coming from them. Hoping he would have been healed, Naruto smiled, looking at Range with such a happy face. “Thanks! Now I can fight.” Range put up a sigh, annoyed at such honest modesty. “Hmph. That thing will be useless anyway. I’ll give you the same beating. No, I’ll give you more than that. A torment. To give your stubborn head a lesson about having dreams that exceeds the boundaries of that of a man’s.” He looked pissed off after, Naruto backing away as he prepared for anything that was to come.

Within a blink of an eye, Range disappeared from his sight, leaving Naruto at the field alone for a moment, then reappearing from his behind. “I knew this trick!” Naruto spun around, a leg reaching out for a sweeping kick. Range was a bit surprised himself, the speed and the reflex Naruto was displaying in the beginning of the two’s battle had quite the complement to give. He blocked the sweep kick by his left hand, stopping the kick while letting it land on his hand rather than his head. Range showed no change of expression, despite the surprise earlier, then with a breath, attempted a thrust towards Naruto’s chest using his five right hand’s fingers. Naruto reacted quick, swatting the thrusting hand away with his right hand, then without procrastinating gave Range a head butt as he jolted himself forward by applying slight force onto his legs.

“Gah!” Naruto backed away, Range doing the same in the opposite direction. “Not bad.” Range complimented, though he was in pain, he still had the straight face. Naruto, with the recoil hit on his head, was staggering a bit, but he was able to regain composure a second after. “Thanks.” Naruto dashed towards the man, this time starting the round. Giving Range a left hook, he retaliated by stepping backwards, Range then giving out his right leg for a straight kick on the stomach, which was a success. “Ugh!” Naruto’s eyes widen, then he fell onto his knees after he was thrown away for a metre.

Range took the chance to continue his counterattack, giving the blonde a nice side kick from the left, aimed for his head. Naruto stopped the kick in time, but Range was quick. He returned his left leg, then without waiting switched the side kick into coming from his right leg. “Uwah!” Naruto fell onto the ground flat, his head shaking from the kick he had just gotten from the straight faced man. It was just a kick, but then blood had started flowing down his forehead, while he stayed on the ground for a while. “Damn.. Fast..” Gritting his teeth, Naruto tried getting back on his feet, but he had only managed to lift his head before Range took the chance to give him a rough axe kick on the back.

Naruto’s back arched upwards, small amount of blood spurted out of his mouth as he jumped slightly, the pain stinging his brain yet again. He then stayed flat on the ground, eyes shaky as he looked at the cold penetrating stare, which had started to give him the chills. “I told you.. You’re too weak to have such a dream.” Range sighed, looking at the helpless blonde as he spoke. “Why would human have dreams for anyway? Dreams are just trashes used by humans to use as an excuse to do inhuman things, things that brings demise either to oneself or to a community. Dream is hell.”

His eyebrows bent, Naruto got angry at Range’s claim, pissed off at his abasement upon dreams, something he believed to be one of the few reasons humans would keep themselves alive. “You freak.. For a dreamless creep like you.. You don’t have the right to talk bad about dreams!” “And you are not in the place to talk about anything at all, weakling!” Range dashed towards the man as he staggered up on his legs. Luckily, Naruto was fast enough, and had prepared himself for the same attack. Naruto and Range both pulled their hand behind, focusing both of their magic energy on the hands, just like an archer would do. With an aim, the two let loose their fists, giving out massive energy around. “HEARGHH!!!!!” There was a short silence, before suddenly the things in the two’s background was blow away, violent winds and massive fire breaking through the fist.  

Both then backed away in a leap’s distance, taking deep breaths after. “That was..” “No way..” “The Executioner’s Flame..!” “Ender’s Wind!?” The two paused for a moment, then started to regain both of their calm breathing pace. “Veltazar, I see.” “Heh, how’s Mr. Elzephyr doing?” Both seemed to know of both of their respective masters, Range being one of the child that was taught the heaven’s magic, just like Naruto in his childhood. “But how come.. The tremendous power that was granted to the Great Fallen.. why was it passed down to a fool like you?” Naruto was a bit taken aback by Range’s claim, a bit harsh in his ears.

“Well, maybe he found me worthy for a try? And you, how did you.. the second’s executioner..” Range looked at Naruto with the cold stare, disturbing him with such expressionless face. “It seems that you know much about the heaven above. Though we do not have a relation to the God Slayers, we are, strong ourselves. But to think of a fool to harness the power of the great executioner…” Naruto looked at Range, the straight man suddenly becoming talkative. “I’ve decided. You are not worthy enough. Therefore, I shall take those powers away from you.” “Hey, how greedy. You want the two executioner’s powers for yourself? You greedy bastar- !!!” Eyes tensed, Naruto was surprised with the sudden display of great speed, which Range used to travel all the way to behind him, in just a blink of an eye. “Dammit.” Naruto spun, again trying out the sweep kick, but was stopped midway by a swing of a hand from Range, which hit the blonde on the chest. He staggered backwards, gritting his teeth in pain and agony.

“I’ll tell you this then.” Range stopped attacking after the round, showing Naruto a piece of paper held by his right hand. “Defeat me, then I’ll use this to transport you immediately to the Sky Tower. Not that it’ll help or anything, it’ll only bring you closer to death, and I want to be there to see.” Naruto was interested at the reward the battle seemed to offer, nodding in agreement shortly after.

Range dashed towards him after, putting the return paper back into his pocket. He was fast, and Naruto couldn’t help but to try avoiding if not all, most of his attacks. He kept appearing here and there, and each time he disappeared, Naruto would be clueless of where he would make himself appear. Naruto looked helpless, and it seemed like Range was having the upper hand in the battle. “Dammit how fast can you be!?” Naruto looked around, dodging his kick as he spoke. Naruto jumped backwards to avoid a straight punch, but was airborne when suddenly Range appeared above him using the same wind magic trick. “Excalibur Drop.” Naruto’s eyes tensed at what he was looking at. Range put his hands up, merging a sword like wind apparition. He swung his hands down, the apparition hitting him with much velocity.

“Guah!” Naruto let out a loud grunt, his body falling towards the ground straight, just like a meteor. The ground shattered a bit, debris floating around, and rubbles thrown away from the spot where Naruto took his fall. He was shaking, laying flat on the ground as it caught his fall harshly. The ground below him took a new shape, his fall changing it slightly. Now arched following the ground’s shape, Naruto’s body shivered in pain, his teeth clashing with each other as Naruto gritted. Range landed a few feet away from Naruto, eyeing the man as he waited for whatever Naruto would decide to do next. “Look at you. How hopeless. And what have that thing you call dream had done to help you?” Naruto kept quiet at Range’s apparent sarcasm towards him, which Range responded with a silence. “Nothing, I guess.” Range added, killing the pause the two had moments earlier.

“Y-you know what…??” Naruto tried standing up, shaking as he did, his words stuttered in pain and agony, teeth still gritting in his mouth as he tightened himself up to lead the pain astray. “I’m not d-done yet.” Trying his best to stand firm, Naruto’s attempt failed as he kept staggering on his feet, the pain he got from the last attack too much for the two. “Such big words.. for such a small and weak man.” Range looked in annoyance, dashing towards him after. Naruto was again, surprised by the sudden display of speed, in turn getting not enough time to prepare himself for the incoming attack. Range gave him a side kick coming from the left, which hit Naruto on the chest, adding to his misery.

He got thrown away for another few feet after, falling quickly onto his knees, the stance not sturdy enough to take the kick earlier. Gritting his teeth, Naruto’s mouth bled, bruises and wounds all over his body. “Stop fighting, and become a wise man by leaving this place.” “I-if I do that.. The people’s hopes and dreams… they will be disappointe..d… ugh..” Range was annoyed at his stuttering answer, talking in a much more pissed off tone after. “So you’re saying just because of some people’s dreams, you’d still fight even to this extent!? Do you not treasure your own life!?” Losing his cool, Range’s eyebrows bent, signifying anger on his face. “Heh.. sure, dreams are w-worth dying for, after all.”

Range gave a kick right on the face, Naruto laid flat onto the ground after being pummelled several feet away. “Ugh..” “Dreams are things that turn humans into fools. Idiots who don’t treasure their already worthless life.” Naruto stood up again, still staggering. His miserable attempts annoyed Range greatly, and the ‘I can’t lose’ face Naruto was making did nothing but pissed him off more and more. “Look at yourself, all those injuries, all those bloods.. Yet you still fight for a trashy ideal called dream!! Wake up, son of Veltazar!” “Veltazar said.. It’s better dying for someone.. rather than keeping yourself wait for a death that is for no one, ending up dying alone.. So yeah, I’ll die for this dream you talk bad of..” Range appeared right in front of the stuttering blonde, a fist flying towards Naruto as he sighed. But he was caught off guard. Range’s eyes tensed, looking as Naruto caught his fist, making him momentarily stuck. “And that.. is why you’re in no place to talk!!!!” A straight punch flew towards Range, hitting him right on the face.

The force blew him away from metres, finally bumping himself forcefully onto a big tree trunk. The hit gave him a blow right on the back, blood spurting out of his mouth after. Range fell onto the ground, laying as the pain made his eyes go white, it was too much for him to take head on. “H-how.. just one hit.. One hit, and he injured me even severely as how I did..” Stuttering even in his mind, Range gritted his teeth, his eyes still all white as the pain surged into his brain all at once, giving him a hell of an agony. Naruto still stood where he was, his fist in front of him as he stayed on the last pose he was in when he punched Range on the face. There was blood on his fist, not Naruto’s, but Range’s. The last punch he landed on Range was so powerful, it caused even the bushes aside to burn.

“And to be hit by the Executioner’s Flame.. Argh.. D-dangit..” Range started losing consciousness, the poisonous fire of the Executioner started acting on him. It caused him severe dizziness, and the fire itself burnt him on the face, not too much, but still enough to hurt him greatly. He shivered on where he laid, the pain, the poison, the burn, the bruises, all acting against him, giving him the chance to feel a very, small, microscopic piece of the pain from hell itself.

Naruto sighed, staggering as he walked to where his backpack was dropped before he engaged himself into a fight with Range way earlier before. Taking out a foil wrapped burger, Naruto used his flame to heat the burger, the foil helping along the way. He then sat beside Range, bringing along his backpack. Waiting for the poison to end its torture on the man, Naruto ate the burger, leaning against the same big hard tree Range was hit against as he sat. It would probably take some time before Naruto could talk to Range again, so he decided to wait.

Opening his eyes slowly, Naruto woke up into realizing that he fell asleep while waiting, however glad that Range was around. He sat a bit further away from the blonde, looking all annoyed. “Here. I lost. I can’t go back on my words, so I waited. Take it.” Naruto smiled, yawning as he stretched. He then walked over to the man, both wounded pretty bad themselves. “You’re coming with me.” Range gave Naruto the ‘Eh?’ face, looking clueless and all. “Well, it can be that you’re leading me straight to a trap, and I don’t want to be alone to regret that later.” Chuckling, Naruto heated another burger, wrapped with foil. Giving it to Range, he smiled, showing slight hospitality. “You can’t take me to places when you’re all bad in shape. Eat up, at least.” He was bad in first aid stuffs, so Naruto didn’t have anything to do about the two’s injuries. Not that he cared to learn about it anyway. Range looked away, but after a moment took the burger hesitantly, eating all the while still keeping his face away from Naruto, probably embarrassed.

It was not long before they finally started to recover, being able to talk normally without stuttering and stand up without toppling so easily. But still, the pain was present even as the time passed. “I’ll take you there. But mind you, the other man yesterday was 10 times stronger than me. He beat me once, and he didn’t even use his magic. So I don’t know what he uses. All I have to say is, he’s one crazy strong fighter. Fight seriously, or get your ass whooped.” “Wow, you’re suddenly giving me tips. Is this some kind of repay?” Chuckling, Naruto pat Range on the shoulder, him swatting the hand away immediately. “Fool. I just wanted to see how far can this.. dream you speak of bring you.” Shrugging in response, Naruto covered his mouth, trying his best to cover the laugh he’s about to let out. “But well, it helped me beat YOU. PFFTT!” Range said nothing, his face was enough to show great annoyance.

Range held the Return Paper on place, visible by Naruto. “Hm, that’s the same paper that mister gave me in the guild back then..” Naruto thought to himself, wondering how rare can the two types of papers be. Light started to glimmer, covering them in a circle where they stood. “It’s kind of a transportation magic. So just hold still.” Range informed, cold. Nodding, Naruto shrugged, looking around as he stayed put. It all felt like the two was flying in hyperspace, the dimensional doors and everything, it all looked dazzling, and beautiful.

Though it was beautiful, the special scenery was short, and they were transported to the Sky Tower in no time. After a blink of the eye, there the two were, standing right in front of the Sky Tower. “It’ll take a day or two to climb up all the stairs. So it depends on how hard you work. The harder, the faster.” Range explained, proceeding to sit on a big rock near the tower next. “I can’t follow you, so go.” Naruto wanted to ask why would Range not be able to, but decided it was not for him to know. Taking him to the tower itself was a big favour, so Naruto wouldn’t want to bother to ask why. Shrugging, Naruto gave Range a thumbs up, along with a friendly smile. “Thanks!” Range seemed embarrassed, he turned away as soon as Naruto did what was said earlier.

Naruto went up the flight of stairs. Everything was very bluish in colour, the different tones of colour schemes creating a harmonized surrounding in the tower. It was very beautiful, the blue sapphires struck onto the walls worked great as the ornament. They glimmered upon the shine of the sun, reflecting the shine affectively inside the tower as natural lamps. The glassy stairs made them look so brittle, but was actually hard enough to support people on it. The rail was shining, it wasn’t soft to hold, but was not rough to start with. The tower was heavenly, all the glassy blue colours, the hanging diamonds on the walls, the ornaments, all of them was beautiful to look at. There was no signs of handicap around the tower, it was built perfectly by whoever did, and that person deserves credit for this. It was the greatest work of art an artist can ever accomplish, a perfection beyond wonder.

Naruto, lost in the wonder, found himself back into reality when he was about to trip over a stair. He sighed, wondering if his house will be as beautiful as his place was. “Man, sure hope this was my place.” Again, Naruto sighed, starting to pick up his pace with the stair climbing after. It was as beautiful, so it wasn’t boring to just climb up the stairs. Each 100 flight of stairs provided the blonde man with amazing surprises, and more beautiful scenery awaits for each step he made upstairs. First it was sapphires, then it was a cluster of egg-shaped jewels, carefully wrapped with deep sea bluish colour scheme, caressed wonderfully on a glass nest, made up of whole gems. To be frank, this was the kind of place Naruto wanted to live in for so long, and having found such a place, he would find it hard to leave. Naruto looked at how many of the gems, jewelleries and etc, and intended to take some of it home. It wouldn’t be wrong, but after a thorough thinking, Naruto decided to not take anything, respecting the treasure that belonged to everyone, not only the one who found it.

Though Range said there the other man from yesterday was waiting at the very top of the tower, Naruto couldn’t see any scratches or moved gems out of their place. They looked unscathed, and there was no signs of a human touching it earlier. Sighing, Naruto guessed that the man was either not interested, or whether he wanted something that was the only thing that existed in a quantity of one in the tower; the rumoured Gem of Time. Shrugging, Naruto thought that he would just stop that man if he was with the intention of such a disrespect to nature’s belonging, something that should be shared amongst every living things in existence. Thinking one with greed will not be able to hold himself from taking all of these treasures away, Naruto prayed, hoping such kind of person will not appear to stumble upon the Sky Tower in the near future.

He started climbing up the top on the evening, and so he was halfway to the top at night. He rested himself on the stairs, leaning against the wall as he did. “Wow, I made quite the progress eh?” Naruto complimented himself for the hard work he did, looking from down the bottom till the nearly visible top. Looking at his backpack, Naruto was starting to feel missing. It was like, this adventure was not complete. Not without the presence of something. He looked out of the glass windows, staring at the moon as he tried thinking of the thing that he was missing. “Uhm.. that shine.. the reflection..” Naruto’s eyes widen at the sudden realization. Sitting up straight, Naruto looked at his backpack. “That’s it, the cat! I lost the cat! Geez.” Naruto sighed, disappointed at his loss of new traveling friend, the cat he found way earlier after he got beat up by Range.

“Damn, I miss that cat already..” Naruto sighed again, taking his backpack as he spoke. Naruto pulled the backpack closer to him, somehow realizing that it had gotten heavier than the last time he felt it was. Something was inside the bag, and Naruto resorted into finding out what it was. Unzipping the bag, Naruto was shocked to have been glomped upon by the cat on the face. “Uwah! It’s you, cat!” Naruto took the cat, lifting it on his hands, snuggling it after. “I thought you ran away when I fought Range.. but you were hiding in my bag all along.” Naruto booped the cat on the pinkish nose, letting it down slowly after. The cat meowed, and Naruto took out their suppers for the night. “Well, we’ll have this first, then in the morning I’ll open up the tastier food okay?” Giving the cat the same tuna sandwich, Naruto had himself a beef sandwich, both burping in satisfaction when they were done with eating. “Ahahaha, that felt good right, little cat?” Responding with a meow, Naruto gave the cat a pat on the head, leaning against the wall after. It was time for him to rest, and it’s time to let the wounds on his body heal a lot faster by not moving much. He needed to be careful tho, he must make sure he won’t fall down the steps while he slept, the risk of doing so while sleeping much bigger. “Well then, good night, little cat.” Naruto cushioned his head with the backpack, slowly closing his eyes as he tried to get a good night sleep. He hoped that his sleep won’t be disturbed, as he would need much energy than he usually does tomorrow, anticipating something rather big to happen the next day after. Yawning, Naruto eventually fell asleep.

Waking up the next day after, Naruto sighed in relief. He woke up early in the morning, somewhere in 8 a.m. A good start, early departure means early arrival, and so the fired up Naruto sat with a smile on his face. “Hey little cat, wake up!” Naruto shook the cat sleeping beside him softly, the cat waking up in no time. It looked fired up itself, somehow it had the same nature as Naruto, the realization making him chuckle. “Well, time to eat!” Taking his backpack, Naruto dug into it, finding a good food to start the eager day off. “Here, how bout beefy taco?” The cat nodded in agreement, digging in the taco as soon as Naruto gave it its breakfast. Naruto had the same breakfast too, a heated up beefy taco. Done with breakfast, the cat hopped onto Naruto’s head, him agreeing to carry it nonetheless. “Let us go then!”

Naruto started the walk up the tower again, the stairs shining brighter and brighter per each passing flight of stairs. The higher the stair, the shinier the glimmer, since it was closer to the sun. The upper stairs looked like there was nothing up top, the glimmer making them look transparent. The cat fell asleep later on, too full to stay awake. Naruto gave it a pat on the head, sighing with a smile after. He continued the climb, stopping for 5 to 10 minutes every time he felt tired on his knees. He must admit, it did hurt to walk all the way to the top, but at least he was now a 3 and a quarter to the top. Smiling, Naruto wondered what could await him at the top above, expecting another battle to ensue with the other man just like Range had said before.

Time passed, and Naruto was resting himself on a stair. He was tired, and he needed something to drink. Drinking the whole water in his bottle, Naruto took slow breaths, trying to calm himself down from all the disturbing tiredness. “Heh, just you wait, just a little bit more..” The little cat was awake this time, and noticing that Naruto was indeed tired, decided to walk on its four legs, hoping it would lessen Naruto’s burden. “Oh and that reminds me, I haven’t give you a name, little cat.” Naruto patted the cat on the head as he spoke, the cat replying with a purr. “Hm, I’ll think of a name later, okay?” The cat nodded unnoticeably, Naruto sighing as he looked up. “It’s a long way up, and it’s a long way down. Whether I make it up to the top or retreat to the bottom, it would still be dead tiring.” Nodding in agreement to his own statement, Naruto sighed again, closing his eyes as he tried to ease up his mind of all the tiring thoughts on his train of thoughts.

Next on, Naruto was seen continuing with the climb, the cat by then walking beside him, rather than slacking off on his head. Naruto felt a bit lighter, to be frank, so the cat had really helped him with the climb. Naruto sighed, the stairs seemed like there was no end of them. While the jewelleries had started to be a sight which Naruto would have been used to, the ornaments had started failing his interest. Boredom was starting to attack him, and Naruto was fully aware of that. “Ah, I guess this is the part where the tower itself tests man.” Looking around, Naruto tried his best to keep his morale up, not letting his motivations to climb further up to be killed by the apparent boredom. Shaking his head frequently, Naruto thought of the things that had happened while he was on his journey. He recalled all the friends of his who gave him the motivation to go through, the hopes and dreams of the people who wanted to go to the tower, but was unable to due to certain difficulties. Sighing, Naruto then decided he would keep climbing up, not letting the tower defeat him in his conquest to climb atop. “Come to think of it, the other man that was with Range is at the top, so if he can do it, why can’t I?” Becoming even more motivated, Naruto started picking up his climbing pace, slowly starting to run up.

“Yeah I can do this! Totally!” Naruto was full of motivations, his morale very sturdy to the extent of him not being able to feel tired of the running at all. The cat tagged along, feeling the same as how Naruto was, a proof of the two being compatible to be close friends. It kept meowing, eager to reach to the top just like how Naruto was. “Keep running, little cat! We’ll reach it for sure!” He kept running, leaving tracks of footsteps behind, the sounds of the two’s running steps echoing throughout the tower, from the bottom to the top. Naruto could see the top being more and more visible per each step he passed through, the light coming from above making his run faster as he kept getting nearer to his goal; the top of the soaring Sky Tower.

“U.. wow..” Naruto leapt off the last stair with joy, looking around the scenery outside the Sky Tower. It was very high indeed, and it seemed like he could see everywhere from atop the Sky Tower’s highest level. The cat leapt onto his head, Naruto catching it gladly. “See, we made it. In your face, Range!” Bursting into laughter, Naruto was very happy at the fact he actually did it. He managed to do what the two men back in his guild could not, and he was glad that he made it, bringing along all the hopes and dreams from his colleagues. “I made it, guys.” Naruto fell on his butt, tired but still smiling. Naruto laid himself on the hard floor of the Sky Tower, it seemed like the most comfy place to sleep on, despite the hardness of the glassy floor. He fell asleep anyway, the cat doing the same shortly after.

Waking up, Naruto felt a bit hungry. He looked around, glad that the him making it to the top of the tower was not a dream. Digging into the backpack, Naruto found a gumball inside a small container, with a letter strapped on it. It was the same one that Range gave to him yesterday, this one different from both smell and colour. He unfolded the letter, reading it promptly after.

To Tamao Naruto,

I hope you really do make it to the top. However, I know that it would be a dangerous trip anyway, and here, this is a Restore Gumball. It’ll get you back in shape, the you that is unscathed, wounded and injured. You’ll feel all better, literally. And yeah, if you’re wondering why I knew, you circled the middle of the map, which is obvious since everyone was talking about it. Mhm, I’m a bad girl for peeking, I know. So eat up when you truly need to, there’s only one chance for you!

Sincerely
    -Arika-

“Heh, this girl.. So unexpected.” Naruto chuckled, remembering the other two items the men back in his guild gave. The Return and Set Paper, and the small circular Lacrima. “Hm, welp, in case I got flung away or something.” Naruto put the set paper on the stairs, hiding it well. It was then he realized something on the floor- a pair of stone griffons, a gem on the middle. “Come to think of it, the gem is still there.. and the other man is nowhere to be seen. Range you liar.” Naruto sighed, annoyed a bit. He came forward towards the griffon, intending not to take, but to only look at what it was all about. The cat was playing around with its tail, so it was not fully aware of what was going on. Naruto moved closer, his anxiety driving him nearer to it.

“Step back off the gem, kid.” Naruto’s eyes widen, he turned around quickly after. “Y-you.. Where did you come from..!?” “That is not the question. What’s important is that you step away from the Gem of Time.” “Hmph, so typical. You want to steal it, right? Using it for your own evil deeds, how selfish.” The man kept silent for a moment, before replying; “I do not care about whatever you think of me. Back away.” Naruto stood on where he was, not moving a bit. “If I don’t what’ll you do?” “Easy.” The man held out his hand, then without even preparing for anything, blasts a purple sphere towards Naruto. It exploded just before it really hit Naruto, throwing him away out of the window with sheer force. “I’ll blast you away.”

Naruto was falling down the tower, and he was a bit panicked. He turned around, looking at the ground as he fell closer to it. “Damn, took me so long to climb up, and took him a second to blast me down. No way!!” Taking out the Return paper, Naruto activated it mid-air. He was then inside the special dimension again, the nostalgic feeling surging through him. “Heh, wonder if Range would be around to look at this.” Reaching the top again, thanks to the Return and Set Paper he used earlier, Naruto rushed to the man, he was now standing just before the Gem of Time.

“Hey, what are you doing with it!?” The cat ran towards Naruto, hiding behind his legs in fear. The man didn’t answer, he didn’t even turn around to look at Naruto’s pissed off face. “Dammit, then I’ll destroy it!” The simple conclusion Naruto came upon snapped the man after he heard of his new aim. “You simpleton. You really think I’m doing only the thing that will lead to humanity’s demise? You’re wrong.” “Then what are you doin-“ “In this world.. Humans have regrets. They regret the things they have done. Like you, you must have a regret about a thing you failed or done wrongly because of your foolishness, am I right?” The man turned around, facing Naruto while giving him a cold stare. “This gem, what am I doing with it.. Will give humans another chance to fix their pasts. A chance to start one’s life better! Do you not want to be able to fix your past? The mistakes you did.. the misery you caused.. Everything that is wrong about your past.”

Naruto kept quiet, listening to the man’s ideal carefully. True, he does want to be able to fix his mistakes in the past, but was not sure if he should agree, or put a stop to his plans, knowing it was still wrong anyway. “Silence.. I’ll take that a half-hearted yes. Then I, Zoltarium shall fix humans of their mistakes!” “No stop!” The man looked at Naruto, his expression changed a bit. “But I thought you wanted the chance to fix it.. your past! Your god forsaken past!” “True.. but it’s still wrong, not everyone had a miserable past to replace with, so stop!”

The man’s face told Naruto that he won’t, so anyway this thing will not end without a fight after all. “Then I’ll stop you.” Naruto ate the gumball, feeling restored in terms of power, vitality, stamina, all of them. He dropped his backpack, the cat quickly hiding in it. Naruto then looked at the man, entering his battle stance as he did. “Then so be it, foolish human. You’re too ignorant to understand my ideal anyway, so you should just die.”

Naruto took a breath, dashing towards Zoltarium after. But there was something shocking about him. Naruto hadn’t even got near to him enough to hit him, but somehow Zoltarium was already in front of him, the speed of his movements unpredictable. “Too slow.” Zoltarium gave Naruto a punch on the chest, giving him a side kick from the right after, pummelling him to the left as the force pushed him greatly. He fell on the glassy floor, the pain was severer than the one that Range gave him in their battle. “What strength.. Ugh..” Naruto tried standing up, but he was not even halfway close to standing when Zoltarium appeared in front of him, giving him another side kick, this time from the left, intended to his head. It hit successfully, making Naruto defenceless against his speed and strength. Naruto again, pummelled aside, landed on the floor, the pain worsen.

“This is not how I expected you to be. I watched the fight between you and that foolish son of Elzephyr, and had guessed right for you to win, son of Veltazar. Or should I say, a mere disciple of the Great Executioner.”

“Shut up. Ngh..”

Naruto slowly stood back on his legs, dashing towards Zoltarium after. Zoltarium didn’t bulge, but Naruto saw this as a chance to hit him hard on the neck. Naruto spun, and gave a hard swinging kick from the left onto Zoltarium’s neck. Naruto’s eyes tensed as they widen after, looking at the present happening. Zoltarium’s head hadn’t move even a bit, his kick was useless. “How pathetic. Veltazar chose the wrong human to pass his fiery prowess to!” Zoltarium caught Naruto on the face, punching him on the abdomen with his free hand.

“GAH!” Naruto’s eyes whiten, the same eyes Range made when he gave him the powerful blow. It was too painful for him to take on, he staggered hopelessly before falling onto the ground, laying flat on it. Blood flowed out of his mouth, the pain making him shiver. The floor he laid on was then stained by a puddle of blood. “Ergh.. D-dammit..” Naruto’s eyes started to close slowly, eventually he passed out, losing the one sided fight worse than how he lost fighting with Range the first time.

Spoiler:

“Wake up, you. Wake up.” “M-master..?” Naruto woke up in a white background of place, his body shrunk to a child version of him. “This is..” “Yes, I finally have the time to talk to you.. Thanks to the Gem of Time, that is…” “So.. you know this’ll happen?” The figure nodded, before the silhouette finally merged showing his full face. “Master Veltazar!” “Listen.. Stop him at all costs.” “But.. his ideal.. to be able to fix one’s past..” “Have you forgot what you’ve been taught about the past?” Naruto looked at Veltazar, confused. “In life, humans make mistakes, for what to be done in the future, would need mistakes from the past in order to be perfect and complete.” Naruto’s master then started to fade away, his consciousness regaining itself eventually. “Wait, m-master!” “Hm.. this is goodbye for now.. So much energy.. for so little time..”

Naruto opened his eyes, feeling restored. Naruto was fuelled by the energy his master gave while in the momentary faint, eyes burning with power as he stood back up. “I’m not done yet.” Naruto turned to the man, Zoltarium looking at the man with a smirk. “Heh, so you met him. Whatever, I’ll end you this time.” He stepped away from the Gem of Time, ready to take on Naruto. “Here I go!!” Naruto dashed, but this time, he was as fast as Zoltarium himself.

Zoltarium was surprised himself, the short meeting had given the kid a new power, not something that he imagined would happen. “No way…!!” Naruto appeared behind him, Zoltarium dodging the barrage punches Naruto sent to him. Naruto ended the barrage with a side kick from the left, one that Zoltarium clearly didn’t expect to come. Zoltarium was not able to dodge it, therefore got the full impact of the kick, burned on the neck as he was hit there. Zoltarium fell on his knee, accepting it as an abasement. “How? This drastic increase in power.. impossible!” Zoltarium got on his legs again, this time most of his body parts covered with purple substances, auras of the same colour floating around him. “I’ll kill you!!!” Zoltarium dashed, Naruto doing the same. They collided fists with each other, each collide causing the surroundings to feel pushed with sheer strength by a power surge.

Naruto was overpowering Zoltarium, angering the latter at the most. He became even more violent, resorting to using his powers wildly in most of his attacks. It seemed like the purple substance on his body caused things he touched to melt, something that surprised Naruto himself. “What is this.. strong acid?” Naruto thought to himself, engulfing his left hand with the Flame of Execution. Zoltarium appeared right in front of him, Naruto catching his punching hand with his fiery hands. “I’ll burn your prowess away!” Zoltarium smirked, much to Naruto’s surprise. “Fool, getting near to me.. Eradicating Meltdown!!!” Zoltarium collected his acid in his mouth, blowing it full force towards Naruto. The man than backed away, smirking in satisfaction. “You’re dead, kid.” Letting out a small evil laugh, Zoltarium had manage to kill the blonde man. Or so he thought.

“Dammit son of Veltazar. I thought you can win alone.” “Ehehe, sorry, let my guard down.” There he was, on the ceiling. Range had caught Naruto in time to save him from the last spell, the latter being caught by the shirt. Range clung onto the ceiling via his claw spell, looking annoyed at Naruto’s lack of seriousness. “What!? I thought I killed you!” Zoltarium shouted, seeing as Naruto walked out of the thick puffs of smoke, unscathed. Range appeared shortly after, making Zoltarium sigh. “So.. you turned against me.. I guess you two will have a tag team match?” “Hey, not a bad idea. Let’s do it!” Naruto dashed towards Zoltarium, Range tagging along shortly after giving a nod of agreement.

Naruto sent a kick towards Zoltarium straight to the face, but he stopped it in time, just as expected. Range appeared behind Zoltarium, a fist heading straight to his back. Zoltarium responded in time, grabbing Range by the hand, then swinging him around, flunking him towards the wall. “Guah!” Range let out a shout, the pain from the throw unbearable. Naruto saw an opening, and so reached for Zoltarium’s chest, but was also stopped, Zoltarium responding with a smirk, then a punch on the face. “Gah!” Naruto was flunk a few feet away, now both of the two was on the ground, laying in pain.

“Damn, and I thought we’ll stand a chance against this guy..” “Stand a chance? There is no such thing. That are things humans create to deny the absolute fact that they would fail in the something they are doing.. And in you two’s case, failing to defeat me!” Naruto and Range stood on their legs at the same time, both using their spells, synced. The Flame of Execution took the form of a fang, protruding from his wrists, while Range used a spell to make the Wind of Ender appear in the form of a pair of claws on his hands. “You’re so sure, Zoltarium.” “We aren’t done yet, you know?”

Naruto and Range dashed towards Zoltarium, both using their special attacks. Zoltarium stopped the two right in the middle of their attacks, forming a vine whip using his acid. “Slither! Melt!” Zoltarium swung his whip around, hitting Naruto and Range on the shoulder and the knee respectively. It melted away part of their skin, causing them great pain. “Gah!” “Ugh!” With his tremendous speed, Zoltarium gave the both of them a kick on the face each, sending them flying a few feet. Luckily, the spell didn’t corrode the two’s hit parts too severely. It still was there, only missing some skins on them, causing bleeding. “Not over yet, you say?” Zoltarium dashed towards the two in the blink of an eye, choking both of them on the neck. “Two of you.. still, you can’t even get me laying on the ground.” Range was kicked on the stomach before he was thrown away, Naruto getting another punch on the face before also getting thrown aside.

With both of them on the ground, Zoltarium looked at the gem, it seemed like whatever process it was going through was about to be completed. “Yes, this is it.. the power I yearn for most.. It will finally be mine..” Zoltarium looked at the gem and its glimmer, depending on it in order to make his plan a success.

“You know what?” “You never should turn back on your opponent in a fight.”

The two’s voices surprised Zoltarium, and as he turned around, found the two standing indeed near to him. “This is it!” Naruto and Range barged towards him. Zoltarium could evade, but by doing so, the gem will get shattered to pieces by whatever they were planning to attack him with. “Hmph, you still think you can defeat me!?” Naruto and Range ran side by side until Zoltarium was in their reach. The two then pulled both of their one fists back like an archer, collecting energy in sync. Naruto, on the left, pulled back his left hand, and Range on the right side, pulled back his right.

“Take this..” “Fall down, Zoltarium..” “Blazing Tornado Spell! Final Judgement Excalibur!!!!!!!!!!” A massive fire taking the form of great sword appeared, with the Ender’s Wind surrounding the Executioner’s Flame. “N-no way.. NOO!!!!!!” The two men threw their fists straight right on Zoltarium’s chest, hitting him with the massive powerful unison raid.

“GUWWWAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

A short light shone around the Sky Tower’s top level, before an enormous explosion happened. The explosion set parts of the topmost level of the Tower a blaze, the explosion blowing away the ceiling and the windows. All that was left was a ceiling less top level of the Sky Tower, with shards of blue sapphires falling down like it was snowing. Naruto and Range was both on their knees, their hands supporting their bodies from falling onto the ground due to excessive tiredness. Zoltarium was not moving from the last standing pose he was in when he took the damage, his eyes white, the pain unbearable. He had been officially ultimately defeated.

“Why…. Why did you stop me? My ideal.. brings good to humanity..”

“N-no it won’t, Zoltarium. It won’t.”

“Ugh.. K-kuh.”

“Why? How do you know it won’t? Do you know how much pain I was in!?? I’m trying to save humans from experiencing the same pain as I did, and you said it won’t bring any good!!?”

“And who do you think you are!?”

“I am Zoltarium, blood son of the Great Fallen Executioner, Veltazar!”

Naruto and Range were both taken aback by his claims, their mouth shut while their eyes widen, showing a state of shock. “N-no way..”

“After my father got exiled from the heaven’s.. I, as his son, was treated badly. I was called the child of the cursed, a trash from the fallen.. The angels above despise me, and even the sly, evil demons themselves wouldn’t want to take me in. I’ve nowhere that I belong. I was all alone in the sky, every time I walk past an angel or two, I’ll hear they say, “Look at that, the son of the great fallen. What a shame, and he was entrusted with such a power too. He’s worse than a demon, and I bet his son is too.” I didn’t care of myself being abased by such lowly calls, being thrown by rocks and all.. But what did my father do to receive such bad treatment!?? All he did was do his jobs accordingly, fair and square without having any sides losing anything! But why!? Why hate my father!? They laughed when my family cried of having him exiled.. The whole sky did. I went to Earth on my will after, ending up being a human, exiled just like my father. I thought he would have a better life, but no, he was hated even in his Earthly life..

He was cursed by hatred. Till he died. Then I heard about this Gem of Time.. And so I set out to find it, hoping I will be able to repeat the course of time, and stop the dreadful event from befalling my father.. All to be able to laugh together as a family again.. But why, why did you stop me?”

Zoltarium started shedding tears of sadness, Naruto and Range not being able to do anything about it, none other than a sigh. Naruto walked over to him, standing right in front of him after.

“I was his disciple. I lived with him, though not long, but long enough to know him better than most of the humans do. I asked him and all, and did you know what he said after he told the story of him being exiled?” Naruto’s question caught Zoltarium’s interest, him nodding in response.

“He said, creatures..  They all make mistakes. Whether they do it in purpose or not, mistakes are inevitable. But, even though it will give birth of hatred, mistake itself will teach the wrongdoer of the next right thing to do, in order to prevent the same from happening again in the future.

In conclusion.. Mistakes are what creatures need to do in order to fully accomplish whatever task they will have in their life in the near future.”

Zoltarium looked at Naruto, his cheeks wet with tears. “He said that.. I see. No matter how much hatred the things that happens to him caused, Veltazar had never let the hatred consume him, when he actually can…”

Sighing, Naruto backed away, Zoltarium standing on his legs, shaking but firm. “I will stop what I started. Destroying the gem will cost me my time, which means my own existence will be sucked along in what is called the time vortex. Make sure when I destroy it, you’re nowhere near.”

“Wait Zoltariu-“ “It’s the only thing I can do to fix my mistake, don’t you agree?” Naruto kept his mouth shut, not knowing what to say anymore.

Range took the both of them, along with the backpack and the cat down to the ground using the Return paper. “I see, so you stuck one of them on my backpack?” “Kinda.” Range sighed, Naruto chuckling at his slyness. “Well, I just want to see how far can you beat Zoltarium. But then again, you did well.” There was no smile on his face, but Naruto knew Range was somehow happy.

“I’m sorry, father. I shall now repay my sins.” Zoltarium destroyed the Gem of Time, turning half of his body into acid to melt it down. It melted, and as soon as it was, the thing  called the time vortex appeared, sucking along Zoltarium and the topmost level of the tower, disappearing shortly after.

“Woah, that was short..” “And messed up.” Naruto looked at Range. Obviously he was sad at Zoltarium’s loss, his story just now touching indeed. “You know, not all of the people in the world started off with a good start. But not all of the ended their story with a good end.” Range nodded in reply, agreeing to Naruto’s statement. “But him, Zoltarium.. His ending was a good one.” Range added, Naruto giving a replying nod after hearing. “Yeah, it sure was.”

Naruto, know with the backpack on his back, the cat standing beside his legs, stood on the opposite side Range was facing. “Well, what’re you gonna do now?” “I don’t know.. maybe travel, maybe join a guild, anything would do.” Range replied, having stated his refusal to join Fairy Tail earlier before.

“How bout you?” Naruto looked at Range, smiling a bit. “Well, I’m going home, back in Fairy Tail. People await for my story, and that.. uhm, well, since the Sky Tower can no more travel through time, I guess it’ll rot alone in this place, eh?” Range turned around, looking at the tower before replying. “Maybe, but the memories itself wouldn’t rot, no matter where and who it’s with.” Naruto nodded, sighing as he prepared to leave.

They had a short talk before leaving, both to different places. Range admitted, he now knew something more to life than meets the eye, and that he was sorry that he abased hopes and dreams of humans before. Naruto, in the other hand, got a new friend, and a new furry companion he had yet to give a name.

“Oh yeah, I forgot, little cat.” Naruto looked at the cat, the cat lookin back in reply. “I forgot what to name you.. uhm..” Naruto continued walking down the path back to Magnolia as he thought of a good name to give the furry little feline. “Hm.. Well, I’ll give you a name so that I will be able to remember this place and everything happened here..” Naruto stopped walking, focusing more on thinking a name to give the cat. The cat waited, it leapt onto Naruto’s head as it waited. “I know! How bout.. Uhm.. er.. Volt?” The cat looked at Naruto with confusion, not sure where had he gotten such idea. “Oh, it’s a mix of Veltazar and Zoltarium. Volt. Calling you that will be able to make me remember the both of them, and to remember the things that happened here while I’m on my adventure. How’s that for a name?” The cat kept quiet for a while, causing a momentary silence. It then meowed, purring after.

“Yeah, glad you like it!” Naruto gave a pat on the little furry kitten’s head, smiling as he did. He then started to rush back home, picking up the pace of his steps as he ran down the path. Naruto stopped after a few moments, turning back to look at the still visible Sky Tower. Range, having walked the opposite direction, was also looking at it at the meanwhile. Smiling, Naruto thanked both Veltazar and his son, for teaching him something very important in life, that is to never let mistakes become hatred that will consume you. Instead, make it a stepping stone for you to be stronger. Turning back, Naruto walked down the path back to Magnolia again, satisfied.

Laughing, he couldn’t wait to be able to tell his friends and the two men back in his guild about his adventures to the Sky Tower itself, running back home again as he did.

The End

p/s: I know, the Chars used in this RP is all vogue and stuff, but i haven't got a good choice, so yeah.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Apprentice!  KFGWJhK
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

The Apprentice!  Empty Re: The Apprentice!

Post by King Zenshin 3rd January 2014, 12:08 am

Approved

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space