Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Is this what... Friendship feels like?

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Traveller of the Multiverse
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 7,808,129

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Energy Monarch
    Second Skill: Ark of the Dread Masters
    Third Skill:

Is this what... Friendship feels like? Empty Is this what... Friendship feels like?

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 6th December 2022, 8:32 pm

Star of the Darkness
    “I don’t really want to meet another one of your whores.”

Vriko stood as she almost always did; arms crossed over her chest, glaring across the area that had very quickly become an official training yard. Ever since they had managed to save the village from Astri and her minions, the rest of the villagers had gone the extra mile to show their gratitude. They’d worked with Vriko and Gren to till the land into a true and honest training area. It hadn’t just been for the two of them; it gave the villagers a place to come and learn more about self defense. Given that they had been overwhelmed by the Sons of Faera without much of a fight, their pride in their own abilities had been stepped on and they were wanting to make up for their lack of courage.

Of course Gren always tried to cheer them up, letting them know that it was better to protect themselves and their loved ones by not putting themselves in danger. Not Vriko; if the villagers wanted to learn to fight, she was all for it and used everything she knew to educate them. She made sure they understood just how tough it was to go up against supernaturally-strengthened fighters. It wasn’t pretty but they were thankful for her efforts, praising her continuously, almost to the point of insufferable.

Apparently today, they had a special treat. Gren had another woman he knew, named Saffron, coming to train with them. She was someone that actively trained under his son, Vandrad, and had expressed an interest in working out with Gren at some point. Vriko, of course, took this to mean that the woman just wanted to come and ogle him while she did actual work. That wasn’t her idea of fun, especially after having met Mercury.

Gren chuckled. “It ain’t like that, Vriko. Saffron is just a friend. Trust me, she ain’t interested in me like that.” The former Knight was dressed in his usual workout attire; a white tank top with a pair of blue gym shorts, along with some gym shoes.

“Says you,” Vriko retorted softly, the comment more of a scoff than anything else. She’d taken to not wearing her armor as much in recent days, having dressed down into a kimono-like outfit. It only had one strap that went over her left shoulder, wrapping around her chest and providing a glimpse of her workout bra beneath. The bottom of the dress was shorter than she usually liked it, with a partial opening over her left thigh. It was somewhat flashy for a simple workout attire but it allowed her to move fluidly and, frankly, look flashy as well. She would never admit that she’d seen images of Agatha wearing a similar outfit and had modeled it slightly after that.

“I’m not going to play nice with her,” Vriko stated, even as she wandered over to the weapons rack that had been fabricated. It was lined mostly with wooden bokken swords and staves but she had made it a habit of hanging her sword case on the end of the rack as well.

The former Knight grinned back at her. “Trust me, kid, she ain’t lookin’ for anyone to be nice to her. If anythin’ she’ll be lookin’ for a challenge.”

“Good. She’s gonna get it.”

HP:300
    MP:300
    Notes:
    @Saffron Remington
    WC: 588 | TWC:
    Job Link/Job Approval

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Pluto
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 1,310

Is this what... Friendship feels like? Empty Re: Is this what... Friendship feels like?

Post by Saffron Remington 7th December 2022, 2:48 pm

COME AT ME AND YOU'LL SEE
    I'M MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

--- YOU THINK THAT YOU'LL BREAK ME, YOU'RE GONNA FIND IN TIME ---
    Well, this was probably going to be an eventful morning.

Saffron had gotten to know Vandrad’s father, Gren, a bit during the time that all of them were working together trying to locate the missing prince, and then eventually Mercury. There hadn’t exactly been a whole lot of time to become good friends or anything, but Saffron’s efforts had quickly ingratiated herself to Vandrad’s entire family. Despite the stress of everything, she had interacted enough with Gren for the both of them to understand that they got along with one another quite well, and while it hadn’t been appropriate to say it at the time, Saffron had been hella fucking impressed at how well Gren kept himself for his age.

It had prompted her to open up a query of interest at some point that they should do some training together when things weren’t batshit fucking crazy. Saffron was always looking for more training, despite how much she complained about it, and as long as everyone understood that she was Vandrad’s pupil at the end of the day, the former prince didn’t really seem to care who she got in some extra practice with.

Well, except for Scourge, but that was a whole different thing. To say that Vandrad had been displeased by her running off with the former Dread Master to participate in a dangerous undercover mission in which she had very nearly perished would be putting it mildly. True to her suspicions, Vandrad had worked her like an ox for quite some time after she’d gotten back, though truthfully he was way more angry with Scourge. The pair had discussed it and agreed in advance that it would be in both of their best interests to leave out the bit where they had slept together several times over the final days before returning home, during their “vacation” days of the trip. And while there certainly wasn’t any budding romance between the two of them, Saffron was feeling pretty good about herself after everything was said and done, and she was at the very least not opposed to just hanging out with the man again in the future.

But today she finally was not under Vandrad’s thumb as far as training went, since the Fairy Tail ace had other matters to attend to. So instead he had deemed that she needed to train with someone else that day – not Scourge, as he’d made clear – and so Saffron reached out to Gren. She was aware that the man had been spending the last year or so with Mythal’s sister, whom Saffron had heard about a few times but never met herself. She understood that the woman had a bit of an attitude problem, which certainly wasn’t going to bother Saffron any. Saffron liked spicy people, so if anything she was looking forward to seeing how things went.

Around the time that they had agreed to meet, the village would hear the rumble of an approaching motorcycle. Saffron sped up to the small town but slowed before entering the vicinity of the place so she wasn’t rudely ripping past pedestrians or homes. Following the directions Gren had provided her, she rode her way through until she found the training area he’d described. Saffron found a reasonable place to park the bike and engaged the kickstand, swinging off the vehicle and taking a moment to stretch. She could already see Gren and Vriko out in the field and started making her way over to them.

“Sup, dude. Good to see you again.”

The blonde strolled up to the pair and removed her sunglasses. She was wearing black slacks with a pair of fashionable combat boots, and a utility pouch strapped around one of her thighs. A bright orange shirt was tucked into her pants beneath a reddish leather jacket. Saffron gave Gren a familiar handshake before turning her attention toward Vriko, taking the sight of the woman in. Mercury had been right about how attractive Mythal’s sister was, but since Saffron liked to think she had a bit more self control than Mercury, she didn’t blatantly check her out. “You must be Vriko. I’m Saffron. Nice to meet ya.” She offered the woman a handshake as well, her mechanical limb stretching across the distance between them.

Whether or not the gesture was accepted, Saffron would turn to look around the field. “Nice space you got here. Thanks again for letting me join in, today. Vandrad’s been on my case the last couple weeks. If I do one more burpie I’m gonna fucking kill myself.”
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 764 | TAGS: @Vandrad Ragnos

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Is this what... Friendship feels like? Empty Re: Is this what... Friendship feels like?

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 7th December 2022, 8:34 pm

Star of the Darkness
    The rumble of a vehicle approaching caught both Vriko and Gren’s attention. The former Knight recognized it as Saffron’s, while the raven-haired woman looked in the direction suspiciously. It wasn’t until Gren gave her a wave, alerting her that it was who they were expecting, that she relaxed… kind of. She still wasn’t enthralled with the idea of meeting the new woman, even despite Gren’s attempts to placate her with assurances. Just because he said something didn’t mean it was entirely the truth. He could just not be noticing that this Saffron woman was eyeing him like a piece of meat, just waiting to take a bite.

A moment later, a blonde woman strode in from the other side of town. She was dressed like a spit-firing biker, with a leather jacket over a bright orange shirt and thick-rimmed glasses to boot. She was… rather fashionable, but that didn’t mean much to Vriko -- she’d even admit that Mercury had a good fashion sense, despite her whorish… everything else. Still, Saffron approached with the cool demeanor of almost ambivalence. She greeted Gren casually, walking up and giving him a handshake that was friendly not overly so. Hell, even her eyes didn’t wander as she met his gaze evenly. Finally she turned to Vriko, standing with her arms crossed and glaring at the blonde in quiet, discourteous study. She continued to watch as Saffron approached her and held out her arm, offering a handshake and a greeting with her name. The only thing that Vriko saw that drew her attention away from her griping mood was the mechanical limb that was extended. From a brief look at it, it seemed to be a replacement for a lost arm.

“Wonderful. You have a name. Good for you,” Vriko replied to Saffron, her arms unbudging from their place.

“Vriko, ya don’t gotta be rude,” Gren spoke up.

“And I never agreed to be nice,” she shot back at him, her eyes never wavering from Saffron.

Gren rolled his eyes slightly in amusement even as Saffron took a moment to look around, complimenting their set up. She thanked them for letting her join, as apparently Vandrad had been on her case to keep up her workouts. She complained about having to do burpees and Vriko’s eyes narrowed slightly. “The hell are burpees?” she asked before her head cocked slightly. “Wait, you said Vandrad. As in your son,” she said, indicating to Gren.

“That’s right, Saffron is-”

“So she’s his whore then. You’re going to train your own son’s whore. I don’t know why I’m surprised; your fucking familial lines are all sorts of screwy. Gods, who knew Mythal and I would be the least messed up,” Vriko formulated her own theory quickly, scoffing slightly as she looked at Saffron. “So what, you Vandrad’s side woman for when his whore of a wife isn’t around? Or are you here to drool over his father as well? Because I came here to work out, not to watch you make googly eyes at him.”

Gren chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head. “Sorry, Saffron. Vriko is a little… touchy ever since she actually met Mercury. Well actually she’s always been quick to judge.”

“Better than bein’ an idiot,” Vriko hissed in his direction. She settled her gaze back on Saffron, clearly waiting for an answer to her accusations, comments, really anything she had said thus far.

Notes:
    @Saffron Remington
    WC: 569/1157
    Job Link/Job Approval

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 

Post by Saffron Remington 8th December 2022, 12:38 pm

“Thanks! It’s a pretty great name, if I do say so myself.” Completely unfazed by Vriko’s attitude and lack of accepting the handshake, Saffron shifted smoothly into giving the woman finger guns instead. Gren attempted to placate the woman, who immediately shot back that she had never agreed to be nice. Boy, this woman sure was everything everyone had described her as and more, wasn’t she? Saffron gave the older man a shrug with a grin. “Well, you heard the woman. If she didn’t agree to be nice, then that’s on you for not verifying it in advance.”

Vriko asked what burpees were and Saffron groaned at the very thought. “They suuuuuuuck.” But before the blonde could explain them, Vriko shifted gears as she focused on in Vandrad’s name, shooting Gren a look and then quickly filling in the blanks for herself. Even as she railed into the older man, Saffron openly grimaced at the idea of being at all sexually involved with the former Bellum prince. Vriko snapped her accusatory gaze back on Saffron, asking if she was the man’s side woman, or trying to get in with Gren.

Saffron’s entire body retched dramatically and she quickly put her hand up to her mouth to cover it like she had just experienced a wave of nausea. “Hang on, gimmie… just a sec. I threw up in my mouth a little.” Swallowing down whatever real or imaginary bile was in her mouth, she shivered in disgust even as she silently waved away Gren’s apology. “Yeah, no. Vandrad’s way too old for me, let alone Gren – no offense, big guy. I think I’ll stick with people my own age. And, y’know, people that haven’t taken a ride on the community bicycle, if you catch my drift. Don’t get me wrong, I love her to death and she’s sexy as hell – not that I’d ever admit that to her face – but if I could maintain at least like… two degrees of separation from her sex life, that’d be swell.”

Reaching up, Saffron removed her jacket and tossed it on the ground near the weapons rack, tossing her sunglasses on top of the discarded garment. She started going through a series of stretches to loosen up her body. “Satisfied? Cause I came here to bust my ass for some gains, not listen to you being weirdly possessive.” Saffron threw a playful grin at the woman, purple eyes lit with humor. “Unless you’re just stalling cause you’re afraid I’m gonna whoop your butt?”

Wrapping up her stretches, Saffron turned to Gren. “Alright, what’s the plan old man? And please don’t say burpees.”
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 441/1205 | TAGS: @Vandrad Ragnos

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 8th December 2022, 1:53 pm

Star of the Darkness
    That… was not what Vriko was expecting at all.

Saffron just rolled with it. She didn’t seem bothered at all by the raven-haired woman’s attempts to scorn or discourage her. In fact, she almost seemed to be amused, enthralled by it. Gods it was like Mercury all over again; finding it funny that Vriko wanted no part of them. Saffron chastised Gren at his attempts to soften Vriko’s words, insisting that if Vriko hadn’t agreed to be pleasant, then she didn’t need to be. It almost looked like the women were going to get into a discussion about burpees when Vriko, instead, jumped on the fact that Vandrad was apparently Saffron’s teacher. It all suddenly made sense to her and she jumped all over Gren for agreeing to the ridiculous scheme.

But, yet again, Saffron defied expectation. Rather than owning up to it like Mercury might have, the only baseline Vriko had at the moment, Saffron looked… sick. Whether genuine or playing it up, she covered her mouth and asked them to give her a moment, as she had just thrown up in her mouth. Vriko stayed at the blonde with wide, confused eyes as she collected herself. Finally Saffron confirmed that Vandrad was not her type due to his age, which then also ruled out Gren, insisting it wasn’t meant to show any offense to the former Knight. She preferred people her own age and perhaps more importantly, people that hadn’t taken a ride on the ‘community bicycle’. Who in the hell was the community bicycle? Saffron continued, saying that she loved the woman and found her attractive but she wanted to keep distance between them in terms of partners.

Vriko had never looked more confused in her life. She looked to Gren for clarification. With a sigh, he did: “She’s talkin’ ‘bout Mercury.”

The community bicycle was Mercury? How did that make sense? Vriko stood there, trying to wrap her mind around the analogy for a long few seconds before the pieces fell into place. The community bicycle, meaning it was something that a lot of people would ride. Mercury was a whore so, in this instance, she was the one who was being ridden. Saffron basically had called Mercury a whore as well. “Heh.” It was a small but distinguishable noise that had never, ever left her mouth before. A laugh -- a singular guffaw as the joke finally landed and Vriko actually, genuinely found it funny.

It would be very obvious by the stunned look on Gren’s face that Vriko laughing, even as short and forgettable as it was, was bewildering. Realizing that she had a semi-smirk on her face and that Gren was staring at her, she quickly stomped down any sign of amusement and fell back into the same old enthusiastic mannerism she generally kept. It worked out perfectly, as Saffron had just finished stretching, after dressing down from her jacket so she had a bit more flexibility. Vriko’s crimson gaze flicked to Saffron as she asked if she was satisfied and insisted she had come here to work out rather than listen to the raven-haired woman be possessive. Vriko sneered slightly in annoyance at the comment; well she may see Mercury for what she was but she still had the mouth and mannerisms of the whore. That was only compounded when Saffron teased her about possibly being worried about getting her ass kicked.

Finally she turned to Gren to ask what the plan was. That would be decided before the former Knight would even get a chance to speak. Vriko had moved over to her sword case and extracted a katana from its bowels and in a flash was beside Saffron. The soft ring of her blade tapping against Saffron’s arm drew the attention to her. “Me. I’m the plan.” It was all the warning she would get before Vriko smoothly transitioned into a fighting stance and began to swing her sword at Saffron.

“Whoa, hey!” Gren said, waving his arms to try and stop the women. “That ain’t exactly what I had in mind!”

“What, a mile run through the mountainside and then some push ups?” Vriko taunted him, even as she continued to ‘spar’ with Saffron. “You heard the blondette; she came here to bust her ass. So stop your whining, do your damn job and be ready to give her first aid after I whoop her butt.”

Gren groaned. “I feel like this is more about the possessive comment but… fine. Just… don’t kill one another.”

“Where would the fun in that be? Besides, if she’s so weak that I could almost kill her in a harmless training session, then she isn’t worth my time!” Yet another glimmer of a smirk crossed Vriko’s face as she pressed her advantage, showcasing just how fluid she had gotten with her swords.

Notes:
    @Saffron Remington
    WC: 808/1965
    Job Link/Job Approval

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 

Post by Saffron Remington 8th December 2022, 9:06 pm

Oh, this chick was unbelievably sheltered.

Like, Saffron had sort of been warned, but how could anyone properly prepare someone for something like this? Vriko just stared at her in complete and utter confusion before turning to Gren, who relented and explained that Saffron was talking about Mercury. Even then, it still took Vriko several long seconds to put the joke together, Saffron practically watching the smoke pour out of her ears as the gears turned until the light bulb came on. The dark haired maiden gave out a small laugh that made Gren’s jaw practically hit the floor.

It must have been a pretty huge deal, though Saffron didn’t comment on it. Instead, she started doing her stretches. Perhaps continuing to tease was pressing her luck, but that had never exactly stopped Saffron before. While Saffron didn’t share Mercury’s penchant for humping everything that moved, she did still share a number of qualities with the Silver Wolf mage, as Vriko was likely picking up on. Saffron asked if Vriko was ready to get to work, teasing her about how protective she was being over Gren, which apparently struck a nerve. While the blonde was asking Gren what the plan was, Vriko had gone to collect her sword – a very real one – and tapped Saffron on the mechanical arm with it.

“Hrm? WOOP!” Saffron dipped out of the way of the incoming blow and danced to the side. By the time she came back around and found her footing, there was a huge grin of excitement on her face. She smacked her fist into the palm of her other hand. “Alright! Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about!”

In the blink of an eye, the two women were already headlong into a spar, Saffron not seeming to be at all put off by the fact that she was fighting unarmed against a very real, very sharp weapon. Gren immediately panicked and tried to get them to call it off with a frantic wave of his arms. Vriko rebuffed him without stopping the exchange, stating that she was not interested in his idea of training, which seemed to be cardio and pushups. Besides, Saffron clearly wanted to do some real work, so she told him to back off and stand by to administer first aid.

“Oh, ho ho!” Saffron was clearly tickled and pleased by the confidence, even as Gren resigned himself with a gentle plea that they don’t kill one another. Vriko informed him that killing her wouldn’t be fun, and if she managed to kill Saffron it wouldn’t exactly say much about the woman’s skill. “Looks like you’re reffing, old man! Keep that counting hand ready, cause I’m gonna tap this bitch out!

Despite the gender slur, it was obvious that Saffron wasn’t actually trying to insult her or throw any malice Vriko’s way. If anything, she was thoroughly enjoying herself. Saffron’s footwork was smooth as silk as she danced around Vriko’s sword work, either avoiding the strikes or blocking them with her arm, which was durable enough to tank the blows without taking any major damage. With each strike that the arm took, it filled itself with kinetic energy, storing it until Saffron decided it was time to use it.

Soon, Vriko would find that Saffron was moving faster than before, and rather than merely dodging or blocking the swings of her sword, she was starting to out maneuver them entirely. The blonde stepped up her game, slipping in past Vriko’s weapon where it was too close to adjust her swings, and started throwing a few punches that were coming in much harder and faster than her previous ones. “Gotta admit, you’re pretty good with that thing! Never took much to swords, myself. Got any training in anything else?”
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 632/1837 | TAGS: @Vandrad Ragnos

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 9th December 2022, 6:20 pm

Star of the Darkness
    There was, perhaps, a moment of time for Saffron to truly understand what was happening. But that moment was when she was forced to dodge out of the way of Vriko’s first swing, nimbly dancing away from what would have surely been a painful slice if it hit. She fell into a decent fighting stance almost immediately, her training shining through nearly as brightly as her excited grin. And for the life of her, Vriko couldn’t find it in herself to mock the woman for being excited. Fighting a new opponent was exciting and while she was as mouthy as Mercury, the raven-haired woman wouldn’t deny that she had wanted to beat up on the Silver Wolf whore. This was just like catharsis by proxy.

Of course, Vriko wasn’t aiming to kill Saffron. She would hardly be able to deal with Gren or Mythal if she accidentally murdered the woman doing a routine training session. That would be a lot of effort on her part, to have to answer for that. But that didn’t mean that she couldn’t make a few slices here and there, just to get her point across. She was suitably proficient enough with her swords to know how to angle her swings and strikes so they wouldn’t do any permanent damage. Hell, she may just try to cut the woman’s clothes up as a showcase to her skill. But Vriko didn’t need to worry too much about that, as Saffron seemed well trained in her own right. Gren tried to chastise her about her aggressive actions but she simply rebuffed him, especially since the blonde seemed far more interested in this kind of training. She chortled in excitement as Vriko boldly claimed her victory ahead of time and then observed that Gren was clearly acting as ref, insisting he stay ready as she was going to ‘tap this bitch out’.

A comment that probably, usually, most likely would have bothered Vriko in any other circumstance or any other person. But it was the way it was delivered, with Saffron midfight, grinning like a kid at a park, that made it almost… wholesome, in Vriko’s eyes. Of course, her idea of wholesome was most likely the furthest from normal. She met Saffron’s gaze after the comment and actually smirked in amusement, seemingly getting caught up in the excitement as well. Now that they seemed to be on the same plane of understanding -- remarkably, considering how they had started out -- the spar only intensified, as Saffron nimbly bounced around the sword strikes and Vriko kept lashing out, one after the other. Every couple of strikes, the metal blade would find bite against her arm, clanging loudly but leaving no damage on either side.

But as they kept up, Saffron was getting faster. Vriko’s eyes did her best to track her movements but it was trying to swing at a mirage. The blonde was ramping up, most likely beginning to use more of her innate ability or even her magical power, if she possessed it. Gren was surprisingly mum on if the blonde actually utilized any kind of magic. Her sword swung horizontally to the ground and Saffron used that as her opening, dashing in removing herself from the sword’s range by being far too close. Punches peppered her form, Vriko grunted and gritted her teeth as she was finally forced to move away, now on the defensive. Saffron complimented her swordplay, admitting that she’d never really taken a liking to swords and inquired if she had any other training.

“As a matter of fact,” Vriko replied smoothly and in a flash, she tossed her katana skywards. For the briefest of moments, her entire body went lax before it tightened up, the raven-haired warrior activating her Arts. The ground yawned beneath her feet temporarily before she rushed to meet Saffron, catching the incoming fist and twisting her body to in an attempt pull the blonde off her feet and throw her. By the time she had released Saffron’s hand, she was already leaping into the air, moving far quicker than she was before. Her hand found the handle of her katana and the blade surged with a blueish energy. “Moon God’s Fixed Gaze!” she chanted before she swung the sword towards Saffron. The sky above both of them crackled and then from out of nowhere, a beam of moonlight came rushing down towards Saffron, looking to slam her into the ground.

Notes:
    @Saffron Remington
    WC: 742/2707
    Job Link/Job Approval

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 

Post by Saffron Remington 10th December 2022, 5:08 pm

Not that it was difficult for Saffron to like most people, but she was really starting to enjoy this chick. Vriko knew what she wanted and wasn’t afraid to go after it, and fuck what anyone else had to say about it. It was a mentality that the blonde could get behind. And given the smirk that was on Vriko’s face, it seemed that she was starting to warm up to her opponent as well.

The two sparred around a bit, mostly just warming up and getting a feel for one another’s styles and abilities. It was obvious that Vriko more than knew her way around a sword, wielding it with a level of expertise that betrayed her years of experience with it. Saffron had to put quite a bit of focus into making sure that she wasn’t skewered by the thing, though at most Vriko’s strikes were aimed for minor flesh wounds and not for anything mortal. But the Fairy Tail mage was nothing if not a socialite, and she couldn’t resist throwing a little chat into the spar, opening up a dialogue by complimenting Vriko’s skills and inquiring as to what else she knew.

Mythal’s sister took that as an opportunity to show rather than tell, tossing her sword high up into the air. There was a brief pause and then Saffron could sense the magical shift around the other woman as she pushed forward with greater speed than before, snatching Saffron’s incoming fist. “Uh oh,” was all the blonde had time to say in comical fashion before she felt herself being yanked off her feet and tossed down the field. Saffron’s training took over as she twisted in the air to control her landing with a roll, popping right back up onto her feet in time to look up and see that Vriko had caught her katana once more, the item cloaked in a blue aura.

Vriko spoke an incantation, and a crack of lightning pulled Saffron’s gaze up to the energy beam careening in her direction. “Aw shit, here we go..!” Whether or not Saffron could dodge the attack was immaterial, as she didn’t even try. Instead, the blonde stood there with an almost manic grin on her face, planting herself in a solid horse stance, and letting the beam of moonlight slam into her. The ground buckled beneath her feet as clods of dirt and grass were ripped up and tossed around her, the pressure of the blast pushing a small crater down into the soil at her feet. Saffron grit her teeth and put all her attention onto keeping herself upright and fighting through the pain.

By the time the beam stopped, it was obvious that it had hit Saffron pretty hard. Her clothing and parts of her exposed flesh were a little singed in places and she was breathing like she’d just ran a couple laps around the field. Yet, there was something else, too: she started giggling, hopping around a bit on her toes to keep herself moving and shaking out her arms to ease the tension from the attack. A small aura of power was beginning to seep from her body, as a mild golden glow clung to her form, and as she raised her head to face Vriko again the swordswoman would see that Saffron’s eyes had changed color from purple to a bright gold. “Hell yeah, that’s that good shit!”

Slamming her fists together, a portion of her robotic arm almost seemed to melt over onto the wrist of her other hand, the nanobots bleeding over and reforming to make Saffron’s other bracer. She adjusted her stance to square off against Vriko once more, and no sooner had she planted her back foot than the blonde exploded off of it, her speed almost double of what it had been before. In she came with another series of martial attacks, her fists coming in with significantly more power. And with each hit, she would let loose a charged shot of energy from her mechanical arm or her bracer, the energy bullets hitting hard but not hard enough to truly injure the woman as Saffron had lowered their intensity to non-lethal levels. She also started to throw in more fancy footwork, shuffling around and looking for purchase around Vriko’s legs, trying to trip her up and prevent her from being able to stay in an effective sword stance.

Then, Saffron jumped up into the air, her super powered form giving her plenty of strength to let her leap much higher than than any normal human. With a grin, she pulled back her mechanical arm, the limb glowing as golden energy raced down her forearm to coalesce at her palm, where an orb of magic quickly built into roughly the size of a shotput. When she released the energy, it exploded in a wide, cone shaped blast that swallowed up the space around Vriko.
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 822/2027 | TAGS: @Vandrad Ragnos

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 10th December 2022, 6:36 pm

Star of the Darkness
    If Vriko was capable of finding humor in moments of clarifying hilarity, she didn’t seem to show it. Saffron could only quip out a quick concern before she was hoisted over Vriko and sent flying backwards. She had been trained enough to be able to put herself into a roll once she landed but it put her off her guard as Vriko shot into the air, grabbed her katana and unleashed a full-fledged magical attack. Yet she didn’t try to dodge the beam of moonlight; instead she stood her ground and braced herself for the impact. Vriko landed on the ground in a half-crouch, her sword tucked partially by her side as she watched the blonde ride out the blast of magic until its completion.

She looked fairly exhausted by the end, her clothes tattered and scorched along with some of her flesh. Her breathing was heavily and she looked like she was already winded. Vriko smirked again slightly, relaxing her body in belief that she had already knocked the fight out of the woman. Instead, a moment later, she watched in surprise as magical energy began to ebb off Saffron, a literal aura of power enveloping her entire form and basking her in a golden glow. Her head snapped up to meet her gaze and her eyes had changed color as well, shining gold not dissimilar from the actual mineral. Who was this woman?

Saffron butted her hands together and her robotic arm seemed to melt away a portion of its form and wrap around her other limb. Vriko went back on guard, her sword brought up in a defensive stance as she waited the milliseconds it took for Saffron to get her composure and then launch herself forward, closing the distance between them almost instantly. Vriko barely had time to bring up her katana to block the first strike with the flat edge of her weapon before the next one was already coming in. Saffron’s output of speed and strength had increased drastically, honestly reminding Vriko of when she had fought Mythal the second time. Punches and kicks peppered her limbs and body, keeping her off balance while shots of compressed energy blasted into her form. Fragments of her outfit were blown off, leaving behind scorch marks on her flesh as she did her best to handle the assault.

Her only reprieve was given when Saffron leapt into the air. Her kimono tattered, Vriko looked up quickly to track the blonde as she took to the sky above. Even from the distance between them, Vriko could feel the magical energy that was about to come crashing down on her. Gritting her teeth that looked far more like a wide grin than anything else, Vriko brought her katana down to her side, the point facing away. There she held it, compressing the martial power she had within and willing it into the sword. When the burst of magic energy exploded out from Saffron’s fist, Vriko waited until the last possible moment before reacting. Her sword sliced through the air with such speed, it looked as if it and her arm had teleported from her hip to above her head. The force of the swing met the head of the blast and tore it in half, cleaving the magic attack in two and creating a valley of safety where Vriko stood, though the land around her still took punishment.

But she didn’t care about that. Vriko was already leaping up into the air, energy wrapping around her as she surpassed Saffron in height, her weapon moving slowly into a new attacking position. A strange, reddish energy seemed to be pouring out from the raven-haired woman’s eyes, almost like a magic mask. But more than that, the air around her and Saffron changed. It wasn’t a tension of dread or approaching danger but rather one of… peace and beauty. Vriko herself seemed to almost glow with a divine like beauty, even as she moved in slow motion to prepare to begin her next assault.

“Vriko!” Gren’s voice cut through the haze, his voice stern but concerned.

Vriko heard him and knew why he was voicing his worry. In an instant, the reddish energy disappeared from her eyes. And with it, so did the rest of her magic power. Now completely drained, Vriko’s grunted as she numbly fell back down towards the ground. She only managed to catch herself before hitting the floor hard, landing on her feet before falling to her knees, her katana falling to the soil beside her.

Gren ran over to her. “You alright?” he asked, bending down beside her.

“Y-Yeah,” she said softly. She did her best to sound dismissive but was too temporarily drained to put much bite into her words. Already she was beginning to regain her natural mana, taking a deep breath as she stood back to her feet.

Gren stood with her and looked at Saffron. “I think maybe we call that a draw?” he suggested.

“You. Saffron, was it?” Vriko spoke up immediately after his question, drawing attention to herself. Now on her feet, she met the blonde’s gaze evenly. “You fight well. I haven’t had my abilities tested like that before.” She jabbed a thumb in Gren’s direction. “This fool keeps holding back on me. Clearly I have outgrown his limited training. You will be my new training partner.” Bending down to pick up her sword, she stood up and approached the blonde. “I’ve been told I’m unfriendly. I just don’t like people wasting my time. You didn’t. Plus you have an opinion of Gren’s whore that I find favorable. I believe I’ll… enjoy training with you.”

“Well remember, she is still Vandrad’s student,” Gren interjected.

“To truly master a craft, one must be willing to hear all sides and all viewpoints. I believe you were the one that told me that,” Vriko interrupted him again without looking at him. “If I’m to grow stronger -- if we’re to grow stronger -- we must study under different teachers and different students. If training with Saffron means I must train with this Vandrad as well, so be it. From what I hear, he is far more harsh than you are… even if he is marrying that whore.” Vriko cocked a brow at Saffron. “I trust you accept?”

Notes:
    @Saffron Remington
    WC: 1053/3760
    Job Link/Job Approval

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 

Post by Saffron Remington 11th December 2022, 3:32 pm

From the moment that Saffron became fueled by the power up from Vriko’s attack, the blonde was able to land hit after hit with pretty much no interruption. The only thing the woman could do was stand there and take the blows until Saffron chose to disengaged, leaping high up into the air to unleash a blast from her robotic arm, drawn from the reserves of kinetic power stored within. Below her Vriko stood, braced but with a look of excitement on her face as she readied her sword as if to cut through the beam. And as Saffron began to plummet back to the ground, Vriko did just that, slicing the energy in half and causing it to tear apart the field on either side of her.

Saffron was grinning like crazy, happy that her opponent wasn’t down for the count just yet. As Vriko leapt into the air above Saffron, the Fairy Tail mage twisted as she fell to prepare herself for an aerial attack, already bringing her arms up to block as an odd energy filled the air the likes of which she’d never sensed before. There was a certain… grace… to Vriko, a red aura clinging to her body as she charged up her attack. A part of Saffron was a bit awe struck, though she couldn’t really explain why. She was more than ready for the incoming blow, gearing herself to tank the strike so she could improve her own strength…

But Gren’s voice cut through the air, calling Vriko’s name, and the woman obediently withdrew her attack. “Wha..?” Using the blasters on her bracer and mechanical limb, Saffron unleashed a couple of blast bolts toward the ground to soften her landing, until she once more rolled across the grass and popped back up to her feet. Likewise, Vriko descended toward the ground as well, looking more than a little drained as she landed on her feet before dropping to a knee.

As Gren ran over to check on the woman, Saffron tilted her head in confusion, her aura disappearing as she safely released the excess energy into the air. Her eyes returned to their purple hue. She was about to ask Gren why he had stopped them – Saffron had been very excited to see what Vriko was about to do – but the words never left her mouth. If the man had stopped Vriko, it was probably for a reason, and judging how winded she looked Saffron could assume that whatever energy Mythal’s sister had used was pretty draining. Gren looked over to Saffron and suggested calling it a draw. “Uh.. Sure, I guess that’s fair.”

Normally she would have given some kind of quip, but she sensed that Vriko probably needed a minute and elected to hold her humor for now. That, and she wouldn’t have been given a chance to talk anyway, Vriko immediately whirling on Saffron. “Yeeeaaah..?” The blonde confirmed her name, before Gren’s pupil offered a compliment toward Saffron’s fighting, which she believed had tested her strength better than it had been in some time. In fact, she claimed that Gren kept holding back on her and believed that she had outgrown his training methods, which meant that Saffron was her new training partner.

The blonde’s brow quirked upward at the declaration before Vriko went on, admitting that many found her unfriendly but she simply didn’t like to have her time wasted – something Saffron did not do. She also liked Saffron’s opinion of “Gren’s whore”, which made her think she would enjoy working with Saffron. The Fairy Tail mage continued to listen as Gren attempted to interject, only for Vriko to turn some prior words of his back on him about having multiple teachers in order to grow stronger. Vriko determined that if she needed to train under Vandrad as well in order to work with Saffron, then that’s what she would do, even if he was engaged to Mercury.

Saffron finally smirked just the tiniest bit. “Boy you really don’t like Mercury, do you?” With a small chuckle, she crossed her arms and her expression widened into a grin. “Alright, you’re on. I’m always in the market for more friends. I’ll talk to Vandrad. I’m sure he won’t mind. He’s kind of one of those ‘the more the merrier’ kind of mentors. Get ready to work your ass off, though – he’s a fuckin’ hardass, which sounds exactly like what you’re looking for. You’re gonna learn real damn fast what burpees are.”

With a stretch to work some of the kinks out of her muscles, she looked between the two of them, resting her hands behind her head. “Well, I guess that’s over with. What do they got to eat around here? Cause I am officially starving.”
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 800/2827 | TAGS: @Vandrad Ragnos

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 4:44 am