Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

iLac, You Lack

Kotomi Kadenkouji
    Kotomi Kadenkouji

Player 
    Lineage : Lady of the Tome
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 7,625

iLac, You Lack Empty iLac, You Lack

Post by Kotomi Kadenkouji 12th May 2020, 5:36 am

Job Info:

Lady  Akemi
    D-rank || Hidden Blades || 0778 words || 0778 total
    Do you know who your congressman is? How about your senator? Not the national level, the state level. What about your city council? Unless you happen to be terminally interested in local politics, very few people are aware of the local policy makers and as well as the landowners so long as they never request money from you. We go around unaware of who makes the laws, for who’s responsible for overseeing their enforcement.

Such was the same of the old money royalty that did not want to be known. The Kageyama clan had been rich for generations. Why? Money. How? Money. Those that knew, knew. Those that didn’t weren’t likely to care. So to see the young blonde woman walking through the crowd, one would never suspect she was capable of purchasing every store and shop she walked past with just the wave of her hand. She could blend into a group as well as anyone else, falling into the dull roar of people lining up or gathering to see the most recent spectacle or amazing technological marvel being advertised. She knew why she was here, of course, but the chance to see something new and interesting wasn’t easy to pass up.

So, at her diminutive height, she found it easier to duck through the crowd rather than attempt to climb over them. She seemed to slide through the clamor in a serpentine way, people only aware of her existence after she had crossed before them. She got to a vantage point where she could see that there was a demonstration for the newest iLac. This one had more cameras and a higher resolution, along with new storage options and more. It struck her as interesting how much better these things could get without ever really improving. Still, it was a new phone and hers had been destroyed in a recent altercation with a target.

The demonstration continued with the young man filming his female counterpart doing some acrobatic maneuvers then, as the crowd watched, connected the iLac device to the large screen monitor and edited the video into a quick compilation. This new device was so advanced, it seemed, that one could make a feature film right from it.

So those of you with your pre-purchase tickets please line up to the left here to obtain your brand new iLac! Everyone else, please line up to the right and purchase yours today!” She watched the group split up. Clearly the group on the right would take hours to collect and pay for their phones, while the left line seemed to be moving at a much more reasonable pace.

She found her target in a fraction of a second. She stepped in front of a middled-aged man, quite hefty, wearing a greyish jacket over a graphic T-shirt and stained jorts. He was sweatier than the day called for, but at least he was brave enough to not care how patchy his neckbeard was. As she passed him, she stumbled, reaching out with her right hand to grab his arm and stabilize herself.

Oh, I’m so sorry,” She said with exasperation, “I didn’t see where I was going, I guess.

I-it’s okay!” He said. She kept her hand on his arm. Few people would eat corn chips and rotten milk for breakfast, but clearly this fellow was not most people. She could already tell that in the seven seconds she had been touching him, it was breaking new records in several different ways for this respectable gentleman.

Do you mind if I go in front of you?” She asked in a meek voice that belonged to a character.

Oh yeah no problem. You can uh… My name is Ernie.

Thank you, Ernie.” She said sweetly. She kept up small talk with him for the five minutes they were in line. Then she put up her prepaid ticket and received her phone. A deluxe edition, silver, maximum storage space and already broken in for use with any contract.

Funny,” Ernie said, “I got that exact same kind. I guess great minds think alike. Huhuhuhuh.” He laughed like a woodpecker in overdrive.

I know,” She said with a kind eyed smile, “Bye Ernie.” She gave a wave with her individual fingers and left.

Wait do you wanna—“ She had left too quickly. Ugh. After he had helped her stand up and even talked to her about his favorite TV shows and why nobody understood them like he did? What an ungrateful bitch. She was definitely going to be a LacTube rant later. As he turned back to the salesperson he reached into his jacket pocket for his prepaid ticket.

Wait.
    NOTES
    Notes and stats should go here, should you ever need them~! It will scroll if you type too much, so go ahead and pour out your heart <3 For some reason the scroll is invisible, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Put your dukes up, let's settle this.
    Char. Profile | Erbagos | Lady of the Tome
    | Liber Perditorum |
    Golden Lacrima 9/30/2024

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 2:06 pm