Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Oykai's Request

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Kohl's Plague
    Position : None
    Guild : Luminous Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 960,162

Oykai's Request Empty Oykai's Request

Post by Zincarla 16th May 2019, 7:25 pm

Yona Hisamori wore her regular company uniform. She assumed if Oyaki was requesting to speak with her, no taunts, no insults, no sideways remarks, that it had to be a serious situation. Yona normally might have refused the arrogant pest reaper, but if a reaper found it to be a serious event, so should she. She wore her white boots, her black skirt, and a long buttoned-up white coat with blackened edging, almost blending in with the skirt itself. Her WFTC pin was on her right bicep and her hair, having grown out a bit, touched down to her shoulders. She pinned the bangs to her side in order to look more professional before heading to the portals themselves.

Once there, she paced. It was an expansive place of which she knew almost nothing. Yona had half a mind to go find the reaper, having shown up more than an hour early this time. Still, the plant mage knew if anything, the reaper would be able to find her location no matter where she was. Ketsueki smacked his lips in her mind, "You're meeting with the reaper guy? The one who's always toying with you? You're asking for trouble aren't you, little girl?" Yona frowned, thinking her reply back to the demon. "There's a reason I'm blocking you out from hearing and seeing what I do. It's serious enough that I don't plan on allowing you to get involved." Ketsueki seemed offended by this, sapping some of Yona's strength to bolster his own. Yona jerked control back in less than a second. "No. Not involved at all. Stay quiet, now. He'll be here soon enough." Fighting with the demon was occasionally like fighting with a toddler, pulling on the same mind in her body like a toy that could not be split and comprised between the two. In reality, Yona was determined to have arrived before Oykai himself. She felt the need to prove to him that she was reliable, and not always late to her meetings.
    Clothing:

WC:337

Last edited by Yona on 19th May 2019, 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Oykai's Request Imageedit-3-2741721522

Zin's Color: color = #ff66cc
    Ruvel
    Ruvel

Deceiving Spiritual Light

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Job Creator- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Halloween gfx'ers- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spiritual Light
    Position : God of Resilience
    Guild : GM of Onyx Moon
    Mentor : Cirven
    Experience : 3,757,396

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Amma Olpirt Gah-l
    Second Skill: Light Demonslayer, 2nd Gen
    Third Skill:

Oykai's Request Empty Re: Oykai's Request

Post by Ruvel 19th May 2019, 10:26 am

Ruvel || Y-Rank || Onyx Moon
    Word Count : 868
    Notes : @Yona

Oykai's Request

Where it was true a lot had happened of late to the one he held contract with, it had also affected the blue haired reaper in ways he hadn't expected it to. He had always kept people at arms length and he was fine with this, it had put his mind at ease and made a difficult job easier. Now however, there he wasn't at ease, in fact he was in turmoil and it had made his reaper weapon all but useless at current. It was heavy to the point he couldn't even open the front cover no matter how hard he tried. When such things happened he would usually talk to his twin sister Demi but this time she was part of this problem and his cousins though while could be reapers weren't, they had no taste for the job not that he could exactly blame them. Had he gotten a choice he wouldn't want the worst job in existence. Reapers only done their jobs but got blamed for taking people from their loved ones nine times out of ten, it was why he decided to become a hunter primarily over a reaper which his twin was. Still it left him with a problem he had no one he could confide in to try and get this weight from him.#

After a long internal debate and argument with himself he finally wrote a letter to one of the two mortal people he could somewhat stand. One of them being the woman he had met and introduced him to air freshener but he didn't know her name or even which guild she belonged to so that made that one difficult. Then again this had to deal with more than himself and he doubted his young summoner would want someone they had only met once knowing the troubles that were currently going on. Then again this likely could and would be frowned upon by many, he was a God of Ishgar after all, one of the strongest recognised mages out there and he had been attacked to the point he had a complete break down. He honestly didn't blame the blonde haired youth, the attack had been sudden and from someone he trusted like family but this betrayal wasn't the first of its kind as his so called adoptive brother had done the exact same thing several months before in his 'Devil Jester' persona. To this day he knew that, that persona still scared his young summoner and had to wonder would end up as one of his fears too. He couldn't blame him if that was the case, she had tried to kill him.

He had decided in the end even with a continued argument with himself to send a request to the only other person he himself had contact with. He sent a letter to the green haired mage within his summoners company requesting that she meet him at the portals, he had set the time for sunset and a week from when he left the message for her. In honesty he had no idea if she would turn up, he knew as a reaper he was less than pleasant but this was bigger than that for him. He looked to the gen that dangled from his waist for a moment before shaking his head, the reminder of the very first time he broke his primary cast's rules, the only time he refused to reap someone and so now held claim to that person or so it would seem. He knew every second that they were permitted to live over that day made things worse for him but he didn't mind this, he could live with it at least for the moment. He still wished he knew why he didn't claim the person and even now couldn't do it but perhaps that was something that he would understand in time.

For the week he done nothing but look for ways to help his summoner, he hadn't even came out of his room though kept an eye on the time and day so he wouldn't miss the meeting time. When the day had arrived he left his room and went to the agreed meeting spot though remained in his incorporeal form so people could pass him and wouldn't even know he was there. Being a natural telepath he picked up on surface thoughts and deeper without issue but being that he was preoccupied it was more like it was through a wind tunnel so he couldn't pick up words. On hearing her tone however he looked up seeing her and smiled, he closed the book standing now becoming corporeal. He was wearing a blue yukata robe with a smoke like pattern on the bottom and sleeves, a white mantle with tassels and glasses. The souls were still seen in his blood ruby eyes but he wasn't four foot eight inches, he stood over six foot at current a weak smile on his lips as he placed his tome under his arm "Thank you for meeting me Yona, you're over an hour early however. Did you have another task to do here?" he asked his voice gentle towards her.

<~~~~~"Even the light has darkness if you look close enough."~~~~~>

Notes: Hover over the image at the top for word count, all future notes, pings and word count will be placed there. Spells will be placed here.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Oykai's Request 59835_s
    On the battlefield various things are running rampant...
    Victory... Defeat... Hatred... Chance Luck... and
    Betrayal

Golden Lacrima Ends: 17/01/2021
    Zincarla
    Zincarla

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Post by Zincarla 19th May 2019, 12:30 pm

The guild mage took out the folded up letter one more time as she paced. The place sort of unnerved her in general, not really knowing where the portals took people or how the travel itself managed to work. It reminded her of how much she disliked teleportation for travel, thinking that just about every other feasible way came without levels of nausea and with the certainty of ending up where you planned. Yona had heard stories of portals and teleportation spells gone wrong, and while they could be without a doubt useful, she would have preferred to ride a donkey blindfolded over them unless otherwise necessary. The pacing helped distract her from her worries, from the strange portals around, and from the demands of the demon inside of her mind. Yona reread the letter and folded it back up, turning to see a tall male with blue hair and glasses. She hadn't heard him walking towards her, hadn't seen his approach, and hadn't sensed him in the slightest. Yona let out a breath, narrowing her eyes on him until he spoke with a gentle voice.

"You?" The mage said both surprised and suspicious, realizing she still didn't know his name and had not expected to see someone so tall, or so gentle. He looked scholarly and intelligent, the glasses and the book under his arm giving her the impression that he was not the same person that she had gone to Bellum with or the one she had dealt with in her exam with Ruvel. In fact, they didn't look similar at all to her recollection, though his red eyes and the souls that had made her uneasy the first time she has seen them, told her that this was Ruvel's guardian and Yona's own tormentor. Ketsueki crooned in her head, "Does he remind you of when he called himself Jasper Hisamori? I can tell you approve of this new look." Yona felt her cheeks start to heat up with the demon's bothersome comments. "I told you to be quiet," the woman reminded the demon telepathically. She relaxed after meeting Oykai's eyes, lifting and dropping a shoulder in a half-shrug, "I know how you are about timing. I guess I wanted to show you that I was reliable." She kept her lack of knowledge of these portals and the unease she felt near them to herself.

Yona looked him up and down, trying to be discreet. "I didn't expect you to look so..." She swallowed, trying to come up with an appropriate word. "Tall." She gestured to the book and then tilted her head, "Were you waiting long here for me? I didn't see you coming." Yona glanced at the gem hanging from his waist and pursed her lips. The man had not seemed like the materialistic sort before, she surmised that maybe it was more than a decoration. Still, he had asked her here for a reason, and she knew that based on his words from multiple other meetings that he would throw her off a cliff it meant helping Ruvel. It was obvious to her that he didn't place much value on her life, if she were to believe the things he had told her before. Questioning him about his new appearance, his gentle demeanor, or his book and gemstone seemed irrelevant in the face of something with greater importance. "Your request to meet me was quite unusual. You didn't just want to get together and chat, I imagine?"

WC:337+596= 933

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Job Creator- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Halloween gfx'ers- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 19th May 2019, 4:08 pm

Word Count : 911
    Total Word Count: 1,779
    Notes: @Yona

Oykai's Request

For a moment the blue haired male's eyes was on the letter that she had been reading during her pacing, even from where he was standing he knew that was the letter that he had sent to her. It was then he realised that she was glaring at him his hands coming up flat towards her a nervous smile on his face as his eyes closed, his book floating in front of him "Sorry for startling Yona." he said a slight nervous tone heard in his voice as he brought up his left his hand scratching his cheek a little "I keep forgetting that I don't make noise as I walk. Is the glare really needed though Yona?" he asked his eyes opening and looking to her with his soul filled eyes "Yes, me..." he finally stated as he had been addressed as 'you', it was true that he hadn't yet given her a name from which he could reference him by but then he was careful when he gave such information to anyone. What many failed to realise was that names had their own kind of power, especially within his race and more so his birth cast. He actually had three names and to him they were given on a need to know basis and ninety-nine point nine percent of the those in existence be it alive or otherwise didn't need to know.

He looked at himself as she did wondering if he was dusty or had gotten dirty "Is something wrong?" he asked unsure on why she was looking at him oddly, it was then he remembered that she had never seen him like this. "Oh, my appearance?" he said eventually looking to her once more "Well this is what I actually look like... I don't want to really go into why I am shorter when I am..." he paused for a moment bobbing his head slightly from side to side as he was thinking of a way to put what he was wanting to say into words "Um.. Well... When I am what I am." to him there was no other way he really could put it other than to say 'When I am a Reaper' he really hated that word if he had to be honest with himself or any other. They didn't go and reap anything in his opinion unless they were talking about hate, blame and a massive headache, that was a gripe for the future and not now, it was just part of the job he hated.

Oykai tilted his head when it came to the comment about how he preferred people to be punctual, that too was part of the job but he understood that people on occasion ran late so if she had been he would have just continued to wait for her. "I don't mind people being late if there is a decent enough reason for it Yona. Ruvel on the other hand... he is like a school teacher and can't stand tardiness, but, there are reasons for that and they are not mine to give so lets move on." he said showing he wouldn't answer questions on why his young blonde haired summoner was how he was with things. "I chose here because not many pass this way, that and the portals would take us to another world should we need additional privacy for our discussion." he said looking around them, the portals giving off pale glows from their almost mirror like surfaces, it made the place look like an almost romantic getaway for the pair given how late it was.

When she commented on how tall he was, the blue haired male could only blink in confusion as he had been caught off guard by it "Was tall really the word you were looking for right now or was there something else you wanted to say but were to nervous to say?" he asked his voice showing he wasn't quite sure if the other was being serious at current or not, he really hoped that her first comment about how he really looked was about his height, as to him that would be more than a little awkward to say the least. When she motioned to his book he looked to it and shook his head "No, not long at all." he said knowing that was the truth "I have however been here all day, the book is due to research I am doing..." his hands clenched for a brief moment as he turned his head away it was clear he was angry or upset about something and the book had something to do with it. After releasing a sigh his hands relaxed, his head turning to look to her "My apologies Yona, I am a little burdened at the moment due to an event that took place recently." he informed her motioning towards a bench that they could sit down at before heading towards it himself and taking a seat the book following him and landing on his lap. He would wait for her to do as she needed before he would go any further as he didn't want to say anything if she didn't want to listen or if she was more interested in something else at current. It was true he might or might not be on a time crunch but still she had as much right to do her own thing as the next person.

Notes:

Oykai's Request 59835_s
    Betrayal

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 20th May 2019, 7:38 am

The woman with green hair observed carefully, listening to the reaper's words. The strangeness of the meeting and of his appearance called into question why they were meeting. Attentively, she nodded once when he said that he didn't want to explain why he was shorter when she had usually seen him. Yona considered it and his reaction made her wonder if he didn't actually like his job. It was something she hadn't considered before given his usual attitude towards her. The way he talked about Ruvel and his displeasure for tardiness made her chuckle to herself. So it wasn't the summon who would be so hard on her, it would have been Ruvel. The thought made her again turn serious, at least in her head, where she couldn't help but wonder again why they were meeting. They had never done so without Ruvel's presence. She was on guard, expecting something rude or mean to be said, but so far he had given no impression that he would do so. Yona tried to treat him as if she had just met him instead.

Yona looked around when he did, examining the shining portals as he talked of the possibility of needing even further privacy. The plant mage tried not to let it show that she hoped it would not be required of her to go through one just for a conversation, and then back. A sparkle of light glinted off the gemstone on his attire and it caught her green eyed gaze. She watched him with curiosity: tall and well-dressed, with the tassels swaying on his clothing as he made gentle motions. The gemstone was the most curious given what she knew of him still supported her to believe that he didn't go for having extra things in his life. It had to have done something for him. A magical relic? A wishing stone? A curse stored away to protect Ruvel? "Maybe it contains his own soul? The screams of a dying man? The heart of a child..?" Ketsueki crooned, taking an interest as well. She shook her head slightly as she looked back from the portals, to his gemstone, to his eyes.

It was poor timing to catch his eyes as he asked what she had meant to say. He had read her like a book, noting even the hesitation and nervousness as she called him 'tall'. What had she been supposed to say? For a petulant, brazen, annoying, frustrating, bully of a summon... he suddenly seemed both attractive and intelligent? Something about him was more... alive. He was more real, more tangible. There was a warmth to him that made her question her judgment of his words and actions as a reaper. She cleared her throat starting to lie, "Oh no, I meant tall. Well, no. I meant you're different.... from.." "Wow, that was real smooth. Good cover," The demon purred, amused. She huffed and waved a hand. "Your appearance and behavior is just a contrast to what I was expecting. Is it important to linger on that?" She turned away from him, trying to hide the tinge of embarrassed pink in her face.

Thankfully, he said that he hadn't been waiting long. His mention of research had her turn back to him, her eyes on his book. It was his turn to look away, his hands clenched before sighing. Yona tried not to stare, finding his expression of anger and distress as further support to her thought that he was different here than when she had seen him as a reaper. It was taking some adjustment. The plant mage reached out a hand instinctively to place it on his arm when he said that he felt burdened. It was a natural human gesture, trying to give him comfort or support in the face of whatever his challenge was. Yona moved with him to the bench and removed her hand from him, sitting with her hands folded on her knees and her back straight. Her eyes flicked to the gem, her mind persistent in its interest in the uniqueness of the item. "If you would please go on, I am all ears," Yona kindly encouraged, tilting her chin up to look at him and away from the dangling gemstone, "Is this why we are meeting today? I have to say, the meeting in itself has me worried. I have never seen you without Ruvel before. And meeting in a place like this," She lifted her hands and looked around the portals, "It only further tells me how important this must be."

WC:933+773= 1706

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 20th May 2019, 8:01 pm

Word Count : 1,337
    Total Word Count: 3,116

Oykai's Request

Oykai watched her quietly for a moment as she seemed to observe him, he was starting to wonder if he should allow his reaper side to take over since this form was distracting her. It would sort one problem as she would be use to the appearance but it also meant his personality would switch and he wouldn't be in the mood for talking, this was something that he could do without right now. He had the memories of what his other side was like and were he understood the reasons for it, he doubted she would without an explanation, an explanation he wasn't willing to give. To him it had nothing to do with her, it was something he had decided to do on his own even if he didn't understand why he had done it, and so he would live with the consequences of his defiance. For now however that needed to be pushed to the back of his mind, it wasn't the issue at hand nor was it an issue now as he had lived with this 'curse' for years. The personality change had happened for a different reason completely and still it was still something he really didn't want to get into; to do so would mean he would have to admit that side of himself and his sister to another and there was no way he was ready for that.

He looked to her "I don't mind my job Yona, sometimes however it does frustrate me that we are made to be the bad guys." he admitted to the other knowing that his last answer likely had her wondering "Some people seem to forget that everything eventually dies, even I will in time." he said he seemed at peace with that fact, he remembered the request he had made of Johann and Mars not to long ago. That if he fell to the same madness as Cirven and his twin sister Demiari had, that he wanted to be taken out so he could be no threat to his young summoner. It seem that both the elder male and seal had agreed to his request which brought him some kind of peace at least, thing was he could already feel the malicious intent creeping in. He knew that if it fully took over then the insanity would quickly kick in and that was something he would never allow, he would fight to keep his contract for as long as possible. He just hoped that his twin would come back to her senses before it got to that point, that would only likely happen though if he could manage to separate her from Cirven and he already knew that wasn't about to happen any time soon.

He closed his eyes for a moment "My kind reincarnate when we die, after we graduate we get our past lives memories, that being said we can be snuffed out of existence." he opened his eyes and looked to the sky "That happens and there is no coming back, we just cease to exist." again he seemed to be at peace with this as a gentle smile appeared on lips "Sorry, here's me side tracking once more. Not my intention." he said with a nervous chuckle, he looked at her eyes as she looked to the portals "They aren't dangerous, it is like walking through a doorway." he explained having used them in the past and even done several hundred years of study on them, he still had no idea who had made them, that was just one more mystery that he had to unravel in time he guessed. That didn't really bother him, it gave him something to study and research without enigmas like this he thought that his ever long life would have no meaning than to bare the brunt of the living as he took their loved ones and of the newly dead as he claimed them. It really was a sucky deal but it wasn't like he could argue with his path in life.

He noted a few times that her eyes had looked him over and it puzzled him a bit "Do you find me attractive Yona?" he asked wondering if that was the livings way of doing things, it was a bit different where he called home but it was the only reason he could think a living person would look over another in such a way. He had also noticed her eyes lingered on the pale milky jade gem by his side, the claiming order for a persons soul, one he hadn't claimed the night he should have. The gem that should have now been carrying her soul but currently laid empty due to the fact he still refused to claim it. Why should he? It was no longer her time. Now that he thought about it he had interfered in her death by not claiming her, he could make her like him but now the questions were, would he really wish his existence onto another and even if he was would she accept it. Shaking his head a little he pushed such nonsensical thoughts out of the forefront of his mind, that was just stupidity rearing its head and he had no time for such things, not now of all times. "You don't have to worry about the gem, it is unimportant to you." he eventually said were it was true she had no reason to worry about it, she would eventually end up inside it one day but it wouldn't be for a long time so it really was unimportant for now.

He blinked as she started to lie to him and sighed shaking his head "Yona, there is no need to lie to me, and yes I've lived all in all for over thirty thousand years so I know when someone is lying to me..." he then moved his head side to side a little "I also have to deal with liars when I hunt for wayward souls and the others of my cast who failed to get said soul to its judgement and final resting place." he explained showing he had more than enough experience to catch someone like her out in an untruth. "I believe in your kinds terminology you find me attractive but are to bashful to admit such a thing so are fumbling over your words and making untruths to try and cover it." he said his voice was warm as he spoke "My culture and race do things a little differently but that would be a conversation for another time if you wish to know." he explained showing he would help her understand the differences if he so wanted just not at this precise moment.

As she had moved to touch him he instinctively took a pace back and brought up a hand palm flat and facing toward her "Please don't touch me." his eyes went to the ground for a moment, it wasn't that he minded it was just a really bad idea. "I don't mind touch, however, to touch someone like me is to invite death if they haven't adjusted for it to be allowed." he let her know with a handsome smile as he escorted her to the bench. He listened to her nodding to her words "Yes, it is because I only come to this plane generally when I am researching, hunting, reaping or am summoned by Ruvel." he started but when he got to Ruvel's name his voice trembled with pain "Yes, my summoner is the reason we are meeting and so far away from Tolgalen as I wouldn't want to damage the company or his reputation." he explained his soul filled blood ruby eyes looking to her own spring green ones. "Ruvel has been hurt... badly..." he let the plant mage know "To the point he had went catatonic for a while." he finished knowing she would likely have questions given what he had just told her.

Notes:

Oykai's Request 59835_s
    Betrayal

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 22nd May 2019, 7:05 am

Yona crossed her arms, distancing herself from the male if only by a few inches. It was a symbol of a wall, a defense going up, and her arms came up as he broached the subject of what she thought of his appearance. Yona's posture was relaxed, but her crossed arms put tension in her shoulders. It was only one simple question so she lowered her shoulders and answered, "I might." She closed her eyes and smiled to herself. "I doubt he's letting it go that easy," Ketsueki murmured within. When he addressed they way he caught her looking at the gem, she only felt more curious. "I was just curious. You're not the jewelry type and I know you're intelligent enough to not where an amulet around your waist. It looks like some sort of magic to me." She murmured the last part, acknowledging that it wasn't her business a little too late.

As Oykai went on about lying and liars and how good he was at knowing that she was hiding something from him, Yona wondered why it was so important. Why couldn't he just let it go? The demon rapped a claw against his head thoughtfully and smirked, "I called that. Go ahead, tell him what your first thought was..." Yona wet her lips, her face flushing as she took a deep inhale. Oykai continued on, pointing out obvious facts that made her color darken further. "A-all right!" Yona said, laughing nervously. At least nobody was here to see her. "You're attractive. Very. But we haven't had the most uh.. harmonious relationship. I guess you'll have to tell me later what your kind does. You're not very shy are you?" She ran a hand through her hair.

As she sat down beside him on the bench, her mind was full. Between the exquisite and mysterious gem at his waist, to his direct approach to her lies, and then to the idea that just touching him could kill her, her mind had a lot to process and work through. What could it all mean? Who was he really? She gave him a curious look, almost daring enough to ask his name again. Did he remember their arguments, their snap judgements and remarks? Did he keep all his memories, or just some of them? Was that a dumb thing to wonder about? She hadn't really thought about his culture or race, or if it was different from her's. He was always just... Ruvel's summon, his guardian and spokesperson. Now that she was seeming him differently, Yona had to consider his remark about race and culture. How was he raised? Did he have a family? If his touch could kill, had he hurt someone he didn't mean to before? Yona's green eyes took in his soulful red ones and his smile made her smile back. Yona felt a bit of regret that she had never stopped to ask him anything about himself.

Yona wanted to ask him now, but it seemed like poor timing. She looked over at him as he explained what happened that brought him to request to meet her. The wavering in his voice slowed her heart as she realized that this was the tone people took when they were about to share bad news. And not just bad, but dire news: Yona could see it in his eyes. And the only thing he would come to her for, the only thing she supposed that they had in common, was Ruvel. Her eyes widened before he even got the words out. Yona reached to touch him but stopped her hand in mid air between them, hovering like a question between their bodies. "Ruvel.... Hurt? ..... How!?"

Ruvel was powerful to say the least. She recalled her exam with him and how he barely moved the entire time. Yona remembered that it hadn't mattered what she threw his way; what normally killed monsters in the field and on jobs hadn't touched him at all. All the memories she had of Ruvel flashed through her mind as she thought of how Sato was returned to her, of how he was one of the ones there when she first came to the guild, and of the many interactions they had had at the guild. She smiled as her eyes glistened, thinking simultaneously of the time Ruvel had yelled at her for almost throwing a tea cup while warning the new male mage to watch his mouth when talking to Yona. Ruvel even said she would let her hit him. That was the thing with Ruvel. He always seemed fairly just. With him catatonic and injured, Yona had to swallow hard. She understood the emotion in Oykai's voice. "Seems like he's still alive though. Pity," Ketsueki started to speak but stopped when Yona blocked him out from her thoughts as well as the conversation again. She didn't trust him.

Still her hand hovered in the air, surprise and her thoughts making her forget to lower it. "How can I help?" Yona said with a seriousness in her voice. Whoever responsible was going to regret it, but she was willing to do whatever it took. Revenge came easily and naturally to Yona, given her history, but the plant mage had also grown enough to see the importance of acting for the good of those in her guild family before relying on her own emotions first. Ruvel had helped teach her that. "Anything you need. I am so sorry, this must be even harder on you."

WC:1706+943= 2649

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 24th May 2019, 8:57 pm

Word Count : 1,971
    Total Word Count: 5,087

Oykai's Request

Oykai watched the other as she made some distance between them, her arms crossing he understood what this meant but had no real understanding why she wanted the distance between them. He stood there blinking for a moment unable to really say anything, he was currently wondering if he had offended her "I'm sorry if I gave you discomfort or offended you Yona, it wasn't my intention. I assure you." he said his tone showing he really had no idea why she had taken such a stance, this was the reason he disliked the living, they were complicated but in this form he could push such annoyances to the side so he wasn't concentrating on them as much as when his emotions weren't fully there. He could only double blink as she mentioned that she may find him attractive, he looked over himself once more not fully understanding why he would find his current form attractive; it wasn't anything special in his opinion. 'The living really are strange beings.' he thought to himself wondering how his twin had managed it all this time, then again she had been raised amongst them and far differently than one of their kind normally would, even for their cast she was more than a little strange because she had been raised in the way she had. He had to wonder if that is why her mental fortitude wasn't as strong as should be and how his now brother in law broke her.

He nodded to her words "You are correct, I'm not into trinkets." he confirmed her suspicion taking the gem into his hand looking it for a moment "This is not jewellery, nor is it an amulet or magical in any sense of the term." he explained to her before bringing his eyes up to look at her once more his free hand pushing up his glasses "My twin gets her orders via scrolls, I get mine through these." he let the green haired mage know but now he knew that would likely move on to another set of questions "This is one I haven't completed, nor do I intend to anytime soon." he brought it up to look into it, it was still flawless and held the order within it but no soul like it should have already. "It was the first time i disobeyed the orders of my station, to this day I still don't understand why I done what I did..." he said thoughtfully placing it gently back where it had been as he looked to the star filled sky "I carry it with me as a reminder of that act of disobedience." he continued his voice gentle as he thoughtfully gazed to heavens so to speak "I often wonder if the person knew that they should have died but didn't if they would be thankful or hate me for doing it." he said bringing his head down once more so their eyes met.

He smiled his eyes closing as he did so "It's of little relevance now I guess, though, it also means because their death had been interfered with they could become one like me." he said calmly his eyes opening, they held a sadness within them. Sure he could make her like him if he so desired but would that be something that she'd actually wish for? More than that would he wish his existence on another being? Not really, but, if he ever decided to tell her it would be her decision now wouldn't it, not his. That was tomorrow's problem for now he had no intention to tell her that he should have claimed her on the night that her father and brother passed only to spare her. He would take her hate if it came to that, he was use to it after all, it came with the territory of what his main cast was. He wasn't lying however when he said he had no idea why he didn't follow the order, he truly had no idea why he didn't take her final breath as he had done to so many before her. What was so special about her he wondered, this was something that he would have to discover so he could prevent it in the future but again that was a problem for another day.

He blinked seeing the flushing of her cheeks and now wondered if there was something wrong with the green haired woman. "Are you alright Yona? You've went a strange shade of red." he asked concern heard in his voice when talking about her health. It hadn't even occurred to him that she was blushing, sure he had lived a long time and had observed the behaviours of the living but being he was neither experienced such things nor had he ever been alive in the sense she was, there was no real way he could understand what she could be feeling as much as he may desire it. "It's true our meetings have never been quite as many have been but then you have dealt with the other side of me. Yes, there is clearly a difference and no, I don't want to go into why that is a thing." he said giving her a little insight while answering a question he could just see coming. He really didn't want to go into the whole thing with his sister or that she should be dead but he refused to do it, the blue haired male knew he was less than a kind person, but still he had acted against what he believed better judgement and showed what many would deem as a sick kind of kindness without knowing why he had done it. "Shy? There's nothing to be shy about so why would I be?" it was clear that emotions were seen and responded to differently in his race, that shy wasn't exactly a word used often when it came to speaking about how one person felt about another.

He moved his hand and took her smaller, gentler ones within it a gentle smile on his face "This is what a reapers touch feels like when we are fine with being touched." he said his hand would be warm, holding a strength to it of a protector and guardian but in no way was it malicious, it was what it had to be to do what was needed. "I believe that how people hold another's hand can tell a lot about the person." he said to her with a quiet voice, his eyes closing as he thought on something for a moment. "I remember everything Yona, I am a single person after all." he said with a small smile "And Yona... my name is Oykai." his eyes opening once more looking to her, it wasn't his true name but it was the common one that he was called by others. "I was the one whom claimed your family, all of the three of them" he said looking to the stars above them "Like I said part of my job is watching the final moments of a persons life, your mother's was easy she passed in her sleep. Your father and brother on the other had, I have to admit... it wasn't easy but I stood and watched." his voice was saddened as he spoke "Children are always hard when they die in such a way, but it was something that had to be done." he knew this is true as everything died in time and nothing could change that.

"The one I have contract with, my summoner... well he is different from most." he explained his voice gentle as again his eyes closed "Well he is different for many reasons, many of these I can't get into because of my contract with him. The one thing I can say is because of one of these reasons he can not make contracts with the dead, we are all alive in some aspect and even if Sato broke his contract with him he would remain alive." he let her to know, he knew how it had happened but he couldn't and wouldn't explain it to her, it would break his own contract with Ruvel and right now it was the only thing between him and losing his own sanity like his twin had. "It isn't any wonder why you wouldn't have thought me as anything other than a spirit. I will answer any questions you might have if I can answer them, some things are private due to what I am as you can understand. Questions about Ruvel are also off the table, if you want that information you have ask the source." he said his eyes looking to the book he had been reading while he had been waiting as she asked her question "My twin attacked him, I've laid claim to his last breath so only I have the right to reap him." he said his voice but a whisper "I am unable to claim him due to our contract however, but, even if I could I wouldn't for my own selfish reasons. He almost lost his left arm and is blind, my twin's reaper weapon slashed across his eyes when my cousin miscalculated his counter at the moment I am researching to see if there is any way to bring his eyesight back but so far I have found no way." his voice was still quiet as he spoke, right now he was finding it hard to keep his tone stable, then again he was finding it hard to fight back his tears and bite back the pain. He knew just how much the youth had went through in his life and it didn't seem like it was coming to an end any time soon.

He had picked up the inner demon that lingered within the green haired mage but his eyes flashed with anger as he forgot his sadness and worry and the eyes of his 'normal' self seemed to take their place 'Listen here little leech, say such a thing again about my summoner and I will not only separate you from your host but will beat you to the point you will wish to die... I will then deny your wish allowing you to heal just to go through the hell again before and each time I make you go through this cycle I will start unravelling your existence and will take pleasure in your every agonising scream as I do it. So I suggest you remain quiet in my presence, do I make myself clear?!' he sent into Yona's mind he knew that she would be able to hear him and at current he didn't care, he was angry more to the fact the demon would hear him and know by his tone this was no idle threat, he would follow it through, he had the power to. He heard her question his eyes became gentle once more "my apologies, I entered your mind but I will not have such horrible things said about him and I meant my every word if he does it again." his voice showed true regret to his actions and the threat he gave but it was something he believed he needed to do regardless. "As for your question, at current I can not do reaper tasks.." he turned his head almost ashamed at the fact "I am troubled and so my soul is heavy with burden, while it is like that I can not pick up the physical manifestation of my soul..." he informed her "So I am useless in my other tasks." he finished letting her know, he remained quiet on how hard it was for him and the others, that was of little consequence now.

Notes:

Oykai's Request 59835_s
    Betrayal

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 25th May 2019, 10:08 am

The young woman absorbed the information like a sponge. There were so many questions, his answers only leading to more things she became curious about. For example, his twin whom she had never met, the gem which declared that someone alive should have been dead, and of the sadness within those red eyes of his. Yona couldn't imagine why someone alive would hate him for not reaping them, for giving them a second chance at life. "I am sure whoever it is would be grateful to you. It's not every day a person gets a second chance at life." Yona met his eyes as he spoke mentioning that the person could become like him. The plant mage assumed that meant becoming a reaper, someone destined to live the way Oykai did, watching the deaths of the living and bringing their souls out of the material world. Yona considered what that life would be like, but by spending time with the summon, she didn't feel much envy for him or his professional duties.

When Oykai mentioned her blush, she couldn't tell if he was seriously asking for her health or teasing her. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, Yona replied in a half-mumble, "People turn red when they are embarrassed." Indeed, the way he handled her rhetorical question about shyness informed the plant mage that it was a notable quality for him, or maybe his entire race, that feeling embarrassed was not ordinary or as commonplace as it was here in her world. There was a hearty amount of things she didn't understand and wanted to when it came to the summon. Her busy curious head thrived on being inquisitive and she didn't do a good job of hiding that aspect of her personality. His hands took her's and she flushed again as her heart picked up its beat. What came next was a world-shattering comment, one that Yona had not expected and one that she could not respond to easily.

He gave her his name: Oykai. That meant he believed her to finally be worthy, giving it to her the same way she had given Chef Benvolio a package of highly variable seeds. It was an olive branch, an act of forgiveness, of peace, or of friendship. Yona didn't take the act of learning his name lightly. His voice was sad and he looked away, above their heads, and then closed his eyes as he recounted the deaths of her family. The plant mage stiffened in his grasp, tension filling her arms and hands. Yona tried not to think about her mother who died so long ago or her father who had died in the fire. The burn scars on her legs still raised up in evidence of her own survival while the cries of her brother were scorched into her mind. Yona had to let the past go to take care of Sato. Every time she looked at the little boy, she could recall the night that her home, her father, and he himself burned to death. She could recall the dark figure in the night, illuminated by flames, and she could recall the way the figure had left her there, trapped under the burning wood. Her legs tingled and itched at the memory and her mouth went momentarily dry. Why tell her all of this? Why tell her now?

The tone he took was sad and concerned as he changed the subject to Ruvel and his injuries. His own twin attacked Ruvel and the boy lost his eyesight and almost his arm. In Yona's own emotional state, her mental guard was weakened. While she grappled with the feelings of her own past, Oykai's involvement in them and Ruvel's injuries, the green haired woman came to a sudden realization. Oykai had faced betrayal, and now Oykai was in line to do the impossible. Yona thought of Sato and what she might feel if forced to kill him, or if forced to reap his soul. She thought of the pain Oykai was burdened with as he went through his job and of the precarious situation he found himself. It was unspoken, but she imagined that she heard him loud and clear: this time Ruvel's eyes, next time his...? He had told her about her family perhaps because he trusted her now, with the facts and with his name. Was she now deemed worthy to the summon? It hadn't quite occurred to her that she was the one who Oykai had let live. She gingerly squeezed Oykai's hands, finally speaking to him.

"Oykai.." She exhaled as her glassy eyes released a single tear. Normally, she would lash out. She would start a fight with him. She would beat him until he told her a happy lie that she could accept as preferable to the truth. She would do so recklessly, risking her own life because she had no care to survive without Sato. Turned out that because of Johann, Ruvel, and Oykai, Yona had become stronger than what she was before. Disrupting her mental process of these emotions, her mind was filled with a dark and frightening voice: Oykai's. The threat echoed in the walls of her mental castle, shaking them and the demon within. Her hands tightened their grip on Oykai's, scared suddenly of what was going on. Would Oykai really remove the demon? Could he do so without harming her? What would the demon do to her if he tried? Oykai apologized after and Yona was quick to nod and forgive him, "I understand. I'm sorry, I don't always have the best control over him. I'll do better. So... you need my help with-"

Ketsueki stirred inside, stretching out his claws and grinning, sensing the threat as a challenge. He took a grip on Yona's heart, squeezing it until Yona gasped, interrupting her in the middle of her sentence. Yona's usual guards and defenses were lowered with Oykai and the news she just received, weakened enough for Ketsueki to take control.

Her eyes flashed blue, showcasing demonic flame, and the color of her skin started to darken from her typical fairness to the shade of dark deep wood. Her skin began to smoke, the pores releasing a black and gray fog from within as Ketsueki took control. Enormous protrusions like thick thorny branches burst from her collarbone and fangs lengthened from between her lips. Still, Yona gripped Oykai's hands tightly, fighting to take back the control from the demon. "You dare to threaten me? This body is merely a host. I can kill it and find another. I can tell you have great power but none may order me but my masters. And you don't look like a demon lord, pawn of death." There was a pause as the words left Yona's mouth, her darkening skin appearing almost diseased. "That's enough." Yona pushed back hard enough to reclaim parts of her body again, the fangs vanishing as soon as they had arrived. Ketsueki wasn't done yet it seemed and he used Yona's own blood to simultaneously weaken her and strengthen himself.

"You have no power over me, Oykai," the demon proclaimed as the fangs returned. A clawed hand, Yona's, released the summon's fingers and lunged forth to grasp the taller male's neck. If successful, the demon in Yona would grab his throat and squeeze, threatening him with ease, "Now say it, before I tear out those juicy veins inside of you. You have no power over me. And I will let you live. And more importantly, I will let her live." From inside her own body, Yona choked on the demonic smoke. Johann had taught her to work with the demon, to bargain, to fight him, to do whatever it took to maintain control. It seemed that the demon had been hiding his real strength all along because right now she felt like she was in a cage and Ketsueki was the one with a key. Just as frightening was the idea of what Oykai could do, what he would do. Yona didn't want to do anything risky right now but she had not seen Oykai to ever lie about what he was capable of.

WC: 2649+1399= 4048

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 1st June 2019, 11:26 am

Word Count : 2,407
    Total Word Count: 7,494

Oykai's Request

Oykai shook his head to her words, he knew it would likely be so much differently. She had lived in pain for so many years, both mentally and physically. She had been the only one of her family to survive and lived with the survivors guilt on top, this wasn't something that she didn't want to do her but her demise was his to give and he hadn't given it. He had brought out his lantern to guide her as he had within her family but when he brought it close to her he had moved her hair to behind her chest. He had even gone so far to have told her, it wasn't time for her to make such a journey but he put it down the fact he knew that justice wouldn't be given had she passed. Now he wasn't so sure but he still couldn't give another reason to it as much as he may have tried to make sense of it. "I wonder Yona, would you be saying the same thing if that person was you." he said trying to gauge her response to this 'hypothetical' situation, in all honesty there should have been no way that she should have survived but she had and it was due to the lack of his wish to claim her.

He smiled weakly before his eyes closed "My race have a low reproduction rate, so pure born Deathless are classed as miracles. Those who manage such a feat move up in cast actually." he said in a thought filled tone "Those who are born in the manner I can do, such as Sol had been don't always gain the cast I have, less than point two percent of Deathless are that cast" he wanted to avoid saying the word 'Reaper' he truly hated it with a passion. The cast translated to 'Spiritual Calling' from his own language into common, those who were marked could become spirit gods better known as death gods to those who passed more frequently than they themselves did. It was true it was unfavourable to hold such a cast but someone had to do it, being one of the two children of primordial Death it wasn't exactly like he had any say of not being part of the cast he was. It was etched into his and his twin's spirit. No matter how times they were reborn they always had the markings showing them as one of the spiritual calling, taken from whatever life they had at the age of five to start their training. He just wished it could end but they couldn't end their own lives or the others, they had tried. It seemed like it was a stipulation of their parent.

He looked to her with a smile "One of three names I hold, but, it is the only one I am comfortable to let a mortal know." he said warmly "Please do not think badly of me on this, a name has a lot of power for those within my main cast. It is the reason I am very careful when I give any name at all." he explained to her so she finally knew why he didn't give it on their first meeting, though he realised he had been a bit of an ass about it, it wasn't as if he could avoid it given why it was happening but it was something he bore one way or another. He knew what was on the other side of the doors he and his sister had thanks to her conditioning, she had bore so much so he really felt wrong in asking her to sacrifice anything more so gave up his compassion as a reaper. Many would have seen this as a blessing but in truth it wasn't he could watch the most heinous of deaths and not give a damn about it, in fact if there was a fire involved he would have likely had brought marshmallows to toast. He wanted his compassion but he feared that side he kept locked away within the darkness of his soul behind a reinforced door covered in all sorts of protections.

Oykai had been perfectly serious when he mentioned her blush previously, as he himself had never been mortal nor raised around or by mortals he didn't really understand any emotion they had except fear due to how quite a lot of them passed. "Oh, I see. That is quite interesting, I'll have to make a note." he said his smile never moving from his lips, his tone genuine as he took a mental note for later "I don't fully understand why saying such things could make someone embarrassed in all honesty." he rubbed under his chin as he contemplated the meaning of such a thing, it wasn't like his own race were their wasn't such embarrassments so he wanted to know a bit more but that was something that would have to wait, at least for the moment. "If you are wanting to learn about my race and culture I could teach you, of course there are things that I won't be allowed to due to how things are set up. We are a very... isolated race." he informed her, the way they looked helped with that but it was more than that, they enjoyed their privacy and so only reapers ever seemed to leave the realm for any amount of time, as for outsiders? Well outsiders weren't a thing, they normally were killed on sight if they didn't leave after the first request.

He didn't have to be a telepathic to see that the green haired mage was curious about him, his race and culture it was pretty much written all over her face and eyes. Curiosity wasn't a bad thing, he was a researcher after all, that being said being overly curious could take you down paths you might wish you never walked down, certain truths could come to light that you didn't want to and would never be able to forget. He wished he could temper that curiosity but knew if he attempted it would just make her that much more curious, it would make her more determined to find out things. It was mortal nature from what he had seen, he had even claimed quite a few people who went looking for things they shouldn't have. He just didn't want the same fate for her, he believed that if he was at least giving her the information it would keep her out of danger as much as possible. Still there was things that he couldn't give as much as she might wish it. He could feel the tension in her hands and arms as he spoke of the night she lost everything, he done this for two reasons. The first so she knew he had to witness it so she hadn't been alone but the second was he wanted to tell her that he was the one who hadn't claimed her, that she shouldn't feel the guilt that she had all these years. Something inside him told him not to say anything, he had to wonder was he afraid that she would hate him for what he had decided to do that night?

He closed his eyes for the longest moment "My twin didn't betray me, she betrayed the one she had spent years with in less than desirable conditions. She should have killed him but for the second time in my life I refused to claim someone, not because I had any qualms about doing it but because I can't due to my contract with him." he explained quietly his tone not changing in any way "A stipulation she placed in the contract and I had accepted, now I wonder if it is because she wanted to be cruel to him and I." he finished his eyes now opening looking to her once more "Where she didn't betray me, I have betrayed her. I informed Johann where her and I weaknesses are, I even pleaded with him to give us new life or end our very existence if I lose myself to the same insanity my sister has." he let the green haired plant mage know "I will attack her if I come across her but her pain is my pain and vice versa, it is why twins are killed within my race at birth. They are dangerous." they shared all pain, knowledge, happiness, strengths, weaknesses for example "We can't end each others lives however because our cast can't claim our own lives, twins are one person in two bodies so she can not claim me and I can not claim her because it is classed as claiming ourselves." he let her know, it was clear this weighed heavily on him.

This side of himself did indeed trust her, he believed that even his bratty side did too but enjoyed teasing her beyond belief. When she squeezed his hands he blinked in surprise, he wasn't against feeling her touch, it was soft, warm, caring. It was everything he didn't get to feel normally, it was a nice change of pace. He went to open his mouth to say something but was beaten to the punch when she uttered his name making him close his mouth and listen to her quietly. He seen the glassy tear and raised his hand to wipe it away "Please Yona, there is no need for tears..." he began his stomach knotted seeing her upset like this, he was having to wonder what the hell was going on with him but that was something he just couldn't answer right then as much as he wanted to. He held her trembling hands in his own trying to reassure her on the goings on. "I deal with souls so yes, I can remove them without harming the vassal they are within, without the vassal feeling any discomfort or pain." he said his tone warm as he spoke these words knowing that she likely needed to hear them. "You are still young and he needs to learn that you are the host and you are the one with the power within that form. You must not barter with him, it takes the power from you and gives it to him." he explained knowing how this kind of thing worked, with a bit of training he believed she could hold the power and he would be forced to obey her will. "It is fine, but, you need to stop feeding him or he will consume you and that is something I doubt either of us wish to see." he said to her knowing this should lift her spirits a little.

He was about to say something when he noticed a change happening in the green haired mage, her fingers turning more into claws, he sat there calmly allowing what was going to happen, to happen. It would do no good to play his hand to early, he was in no danger but the green haired mage or at least that is what the demon would believe. Oykai knew differently but still the longer the demon was in control, the more damage and pain he could do to Yona and this was just something he couldn't permit. He watched the skin darken, the protrusions happen, fangs erupt but he remained unmoving in any way. Hearing his question the blue haired reaper shook his head "No, I did not threaten you. I'm sorry you read it in such a manner, I was telling you what exactly would happen if you did not behave yourself little leech." his voice calm but held a cold undertone to it, he smirked hearing the insult the other had tried to use with him "Oh you have the wrong person if you believe I am a pawn of anyone, more so my parents." he said calmly revealing that he wasn't like others of his race, that he was the son of primordial death. "And two things little leech..." he said his eyes starting to glow as the whites of his eyes turned black "One, you don't have the power to end her and two don't judge a book by it's cover..." he said his voice turning darker "You are right I am no demon lord, I am a devil at least in part so I suggest you behave before I truly get angry because you will regret it." he said the other wouldn't be able to know if he was bluffing or not.

Oykai couldn't help but chuckle at the proclamation of the other and how he had no power over him, if only he knew. He allowed the other to grip his throat and even squeeze it if he so desired "I don't breath you fool, one of the benefits of my race." he said his hand coming up quickly bypassing Yona's arm and hitting his spiritual on with enough strength to break it. He knew Yona wouldn't feel any of the pain from what he just done to the demon. "I have a lot of power over you, allow me to demonstrate." he said bringing his hand forward quickly through Yona's body missing her spiritual heart and gripping the demons squeezing it with enough strength to cause pain and immobilisation if he managed it. "You have no power over her, you never have and never will..." his free hand going to the gem that dangled by his waist "This is the order to take her last breath, it was issued the day of the fire... I claimed her father... I claimed her little brother... I refused to claim her...." he said before leaning into his ear "Due to this I am the only one who can end her, you have no claim to end her existence, only I have that right and right now I have no wish to claim her. Now go back inside and let her out before I make you sorry little leech." his voice filled with deadly venom, he had made sure that Yona had heard the truth, she should have died that night along side her family but he himself had interfered with it by not doing so, something that was beyond rare for reapers to do in the first place but even rarer for someone like him who done everything by the book.

Notes:

Oykai's Request 59835_s
    Betrayal

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 15th June 2019, 9:40 am

Yona steadied her breath as Oykai said to her, I wonder Yona, would you be saying the same thing if that person was you. The words replayed in her head a few times as she let it soak in. It was both harmless, meaningless, as of course, it was possibly false, and painfully sensitive. She felt the words layer into her, her body becoming more aware as she thought of that night from so long ago. It was an easy memory to recall. Like sandpaper sliding over her skin, she felt the burn and the tingling in the scars on her legs. The smell of burning wood and burning flesh. She almost sank too far, hearing Sato's voice and her father's pounding on her door, eventually slowing and coming to a complete stop. For so many years, the plant mage had desired death. Without her family and with all the pain in her healing body, Yona hadn't imagined a life worth living. She had pulled herself out of her own stupor back then, using the memory of the tall dark man as fuel for her revenge. She had secretly promised herself that she would destroy him. And when she did, and only then, would she allow herself the security and solace of death. She glanced at Oykai, her painful history flashing over her eyes, something he would surely see and recognize given his experience.

Would she forgive him if he had not taken her back then? Would she be grateful to him for being alive now? It was a complicated knot of a feeling. Every thought and emotion so deeply entangled with the agony of recollection and the certain steady hand of logic that each time she thought she could give an answer, it fell away on her lips. Yona supposed after long trying that despite the emotional screaming in her soul at the thought of that first year she had spent in bed, her burned legs slowly healing and her tortured mind revisiting the good and bad memories of her family home, that those long weeks and months of horror had left her unable to answer without at least considering her own mortality. She had wanted to die. She had wanted to eradicate Fiore of the man who committed the crime. The desire for revenge was there, as was the memory of wanting to die, but today she had no suicidal tendencies.

She had a new family and she had Sato. She had grown as a powerful mage and protected and saved plenty of lives. If she had died back then, when that was all her heart had longed to do, then none of what she had accomplished would have happened. There would be no Onyx Moon, no Sato, no Johann, no anything after that. She thought of Ruvel and gritted her teeth, feeling a click of bone tensing too forcefully in her jaw. Yona would say the same, she decided. She would be grateful to Oykai. It would not be without some talented untangling of that knot inside of her, but at the end of the day, everything she had was because of him if he had been the reason that she lived. And if that was true, and she was able to now help Ruvel because of it, then it was absolutely worth it. Her expression, as easy to read as a child's book, would show that she had settled on an answer, and her clouded pained eyes would have moved into a look of solidarity and resolve.

The green haired woman recognized that he was content to discuss with her the mysteries of his race. It suited her well, she discovered, considering how closed off Oykai had always seemed to her and how shallow he had always acted. She learned Sol had become a reaper, and then she noted that Oykai himself avoided using the term. She made a note to use the word less herself if it came up. As he explained about how Deathless were born or created, how the power of names was established, it occurred to her just how much he was trying to trust in her. Oykai hadn't been obligated to answer her investigative inquiries and his openness further opened a vulnerability within her. "I would be happy to learn more, and share anything with you in return." She felt their bond growing now, the same way she felt when watching a seedling first crack through the soil with a sliver of a green stem. As isolated as he claimed his race to be, she found she could speak with him easily and all the snide remarks and facades of walls that Oykai had made to keep her a distance away or rather, to keep himself a distance away, were fading. He was getting closer to her humanity the longer he spoke with her.

When the conversation turned to his twin once more, she was surprised that Oykai had told Johann about the weaknesses of a Deathless. For someone who had been so reluctant to share his name, he really put himself on a limb there. Yona felt herself somewhat jealous knowing that he had gone to Johann first, though Johann would certainly be her own first choice in this situation. It was as if Oykai had a spotlight on her, focused on her, listening to her, respecting her, and with every word he said, it only brought the plant mage more warmth and gratitude. How strange it was that mentioning Johann had made her feel like he had pulled that spotlight away, leaving her in a colder, lonelier, and overall less special place. "If someone ends your twin sister, will you die too, Oykai?" Yona queried plainly and directly. As calm and focused as the question seemed, her face easily expressed the hope that he would say that was not the case. She wanted to be sensitive to how hard this was to the reaper, but Yona was only human. There was no way she could not feel or let her feelings be known, and such a fact was one she had grappled with for a long time. Now she could allow it to fuel her strengths instead of making her an inept reckless girl. She thought of how he called her 'little Yona girl' with irritation and acceptance. She had been akin to a girl when they had first met, hadn't she?

Oykai's next words strengthened her intensely. You must not barter with him. She would need to train, get stronger, practice using an inner force on the demon. She supposed the bargaining had been an easy short term fix, but the Deathless was right. It gave her confidence how he spoke to her, not as if she was incapable of controlling the demon, but as if she was capable. He wanted to see her use her power to do so instead of allowing Ketsueki occasional free reign.

Ketsueki took over her body before she had a moment's chance to try out Oykai's suggestion. When Oykai addressed the demon, Yona found herself still inside her own mind. It was as if heavy shackles restrained her entire body. It was as if trying to break them was so impossible that the feeling in itself, the thought of doing so, drained her. She felt the power of the demon and it was like drowning in molasses, her movements slow and inadequate. She squinted and gasped through the thickness of the demonic power holding her down, watching as her own clawed hand reached up for Oykai's throat. She let out an internal scream of refusal but her arm stayed in place. Oykai's eyes turned black and she felt the shackles upon her growing colder and colder. They lightened, becoming almost brittle. "A devil? You're a devil in part? That's so cute, you telling me to behave when I have your throat in my--" Ketsueki's voice choked off then. He used his claws to grip tighter, finding the way he squeezed on Oykai's throat a relief despite the words of the black-eyed male.

The demon let out a cry of pain, almost embarrassed by it, feeling his body breaking without any visible physical effects to his host's body. "I.. I am Ketsueki of the vampire tree, I am.." he cried out again as Oykai demonstrated his power by squeezing on the demon's ethereal heart. He wailed a third time, his eyes looking almost panicked in the face of Oykai's power. He struggled to be released, to squeeze on Oykai's neck, to scramble back inside of Yona and recuperate. Ketsueki was not given his freedom from Oykai's grip or his words. He choked out, "Stop, it hurts.." "You have no power over her, you never have and never will... This is the order to take her last breath...I refused to claim her...." Oykai's words wrenched Yona's own heart. The day of the fire, that sparkling gem in his hand, so it was him. It was Oykai that had prevented her death. It was him who... ignored the given order for her death and allowed her life. The demon's eyes faded from view and the fangs vanished, Yona's green eyes wide with surprise looking into Oykai's tight concentrating face. "Due to this I am the only one who can end her, you have no claim to end her existence, only I have that right and right now I have no wish to claim her. Now go back inside and let her out before I make you sorry little leech." The moment Oykai let the demon's heart go, giving him the freedom of movement again, Ketsueki slithered somewhere deep inside of Yona's physical body to lick his wounds. Yona's claws vanished and her body returned to normal. She stared at Oykai.

It was one thing to imagine him letting her live. It was another thing for that fact to be real. She encountered that knot inside of her again, a roiling ball of snakes, and no way of knowing where one fanged viper's head started and where his tail ended. She shook her head, her mouth going dry. The plant mage knew what she wanted to say. She knew what she had already decided. Her green eyes fell to the gem in Oykai's hand and it felt to her as if her heart was paralyzed. Yona forced herself to take a deep breath. Oddly enough, she rebounded fairly quickly, unable to stop staring at the gem though. "Like I said. The person should be grateful to you for their life." She knew Oykai expected more, perhaps needed to hear more. Her eyes just stared at the gem, examining it. It would be so easy then, her whole existence would be gone.

Somehow there was a difference for Yona. When going into battle, facing extreme dangers, and putting her life at risk. She was not afraid to die. Yet, at this moment an unmistakable and familiar feeling of fear crept up in her. Oykai had said that he had no wish to claim her, that he was the only one who could and that he had plans to do so anytime soon. Still, the fact remained the fact that prevented her from tearing her eyes away. "There would be no fighting. There would be no resistance. Death is ultimately written for me and here... it is."

Her words were a tentative whisper. Being faced with your own inevitable mortality could have brought one to their knees. For Yona, she wanted to thank him. She wanted to thank him for every part of her life that she loved, every second chance, every moment she was able to do something worth doing. For every moment when she had done things that weren't worth anything either. He had given her an incredible gift by refusing to take her that night. "Thank you," She said, though her tongue felt thick and heavy. Thank you didn't even begin to cover it. Even with her words, her posture relaxing, her eyes were rigid on the gem. It was her death. It was her end. He could claim her whenever he liked, even if he did not want to right now, he still had that power. There was fear, respect, and more fear. Through living, like most other mortal people, Yona had convinced herself that in the end, her life and death were in her own hands. She controlled them. It was her actions and decisions and if she survived another battle and another job to fight another day, then it was her own self she had to thank. Yona had plenty of ways to grow, and plenty of power that came with the growth she already had. But for Yona, Oykai was her own personal god. She finally swallowed, unsure of how to explain that feeling to Oykai.

WC: 4048+2180= 6228

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 6th October 2019, 12:02 pm

Word Count : 4,490
    Total Word Count: 11,984

Oykai's Request

Oykai kept watching Yona as she seemed to take in his question about would he really feel the same if she was the person in question that he saved given what she herself had been through. He knew that this was a sensitive subject as well due to that fact, his telepathy picking up on her memories as she went back to that night. It wasn't easy for him either to remember, he might have been an asshole that kept everyone at lengths as a reaper but he wasn't currently in that side of himself so he was affected by the memories and thoughts of that evening. Not because he had watched a father and son die as he was use to it but the fact he allowed her to suffer the pain of remaining alive, he had never told anyone but during the many years of her recovery he would often go back and check on her concerned that she may end up doing something stupid due to wanting revenge. The first few years were the worst, he seen the emotional pain she was in, it was far worse than the pain the burns on her legs gave but that must not have helped; even now they must have played a part in remembering that night and the man who had caused it. He had often wondered if she would ask him about the man or even to claim him as she knew what he done as a profession, if he was to be honest with himself if she asked he would indeed claim the one who had taken from her and caused her so much pain without a second thought. It was the least he could do in penance for letting her live in pain for so long.

"The memories are painful, you've suffered much because you didn't die with them Yona. I am sorry for that." his voice was sincere as he spoke to her on the matter, he felt so much to blame for this and it didn't help to feel any better, if anything it just make the chaotic mess he was going throught that much worse. His own soul filled ruby eyes filled with regret and sorrow seeing her own, his own heart dropped as his stomach twisted, he recognised that look within her own and knew it was something she shouldn't have because she should have been gone from the mortal coil at least in this current life. As much as he may have wanted to change the outcome it was in the past and it was now impossible to change things to make it right. "Sorrow and pain even happen to my kind, it is something we share with the living. My main cast just tend to be able to take so much more due to watching the pain and suffering of those we guide. One thing you do not know that perhaps might be an interesting fact, within those last few minutes the one who is dying can see the one their to guide them." he said allowing her to know a secret not many knew out side his cast and the dead. "You're brother and father knew they were going to die before it happened." he said solomly his eyes closing as his head tipped back a bit as he felt a gentle breeze "It is not the most comforting thing to know you are marked for death, at least to mortals. It is a honour thing, to meet death heads on instead of being blind sighted." his eyes opened his eyes going to her looking like glowing liquid silver "My cast welcome seeing another aiming for us, it to us is almost a reward as grim as the living might view it but it means for a while we don't have to guide, see or hear the cries of the dying." he said he closed his eyes once more as he felt another breeze as he brought his head down.

He knew the question he had posed as a hypothetical question was one that came with several other questions of their own, but he wanted to know without needing the need to tell her the truth but it seemed like it needed some thought on the young green woman's part and that told him all he needed to know in the long run. He would try to understand in his mind but in the end like so many others that had been given a second chance after losing everything would still blame the one who took it. Of course he had no idea if this was indeed the case however this was something had observed in his long lifetime, he had been on the recieving end on such things, even following the rules mortals were never happy aimed their judgements to those just doing their jobs. He wanted it to stop but this was his life and so would weather the storms of mortals. He wanted to tell her everything, to offer her a chance to be like him and hope she didn't become one of his main cast but that came down to his 'parent' at the end of the day, then again to him if Sol could become one of the Spiritual Calling there is a good chance she would too, to him she was far more worthy of the position and chance but then again this was completely out of his hands or so he believed. "Don't worry about it Yona, the words will come as needed." he said with a sincerely meek tone, it was clear that he was troubled about something more than the reason he was there originally for.

His eyes closed "I knew of your need for revenge and to what lengths you would go to get such a thing, luckily I was the only telepath in the vicinity it would seem because you were screaming for it.." he paused for a moment "well that and..." he trailed off not wanting to say the last word, he couldn't blame her for wanting to invite one such as himself into her room, to end everything he had seen that time and time again and some of his cast even took the living being up on their offer. He really did hate that loophole but there was very little he could do to get rid of it at the moment. "Please, don't request such a thing again Yona, you make yourself a target." he said wanting to keep her safe as possible without giving to much information in this case. He was glad to see since the whole ordeal her attitude towards life had changed thanks to those she had come across and the gift of her brother Sato being returned to her, he was still to gain punishment for that but he didn't care at the end of the day, it wasn't like they could do much to him that they weren't already for the first breaking of the rules. Then again due to who asked and the contract that was in place there was a sort of loophole he could fall on if needed but that was an issue for another time and if it ever actually arose which would be highly unlikely. He could draw similarities to who she was to who she had become but the contrast between the two were vast and if he hadn't seen it with his own eyes he wouldn't believe her the same girl.

Had he claimed her back then like he was suppose to have then he wouldn't have been able to see the growth she had done now, then again the same could be said for anyone he or any other of the spiritual calling claimed. Something was special about her though, well at least to him this was the case he just couldn't put his finger on it and it was a mystery that was driving him more than a little crazy as he tried to work it out. He raised an eyebrow not only due to the fact he heard gritting of teeth but he also heard the clicking of bone as she had tensed her jaw so much "Not thinking of someone or something in a fond light?" he asked her, he knew he could get the information just by popping into her head and looking but he hated it when it happened to him so tried not to do it to others when it wasn't needed or vital and in this case he didn't deem it to be either so would wait for her reply and respect the sactity of her mind, that asshole demon of hers was another matter entirely there was only so much he could do however she would need to find a way to get him under control and soon or she could lose herself to him and that was something she would hate to see happen. "I see you've found your resolve that's good to see Yona." he said looking to her with a weak smile "I am not permitted to be near Ruvel alone and even then not to close even with supervision. They worry that my sisters madness will affect me as is the way of twins within my race." he explained before realising she likely had no idea what he was talking about. "Ah! Let me explain." he said scratching his cheek a little "Twins are normally killed within my race because they hold a very unique bond. Unlike with mortals where they may share mannerisms or know what the other is feeling Deathless twins share everything..." he explained looking to the ground "All pain, injuries, knowledge, strengths, weaknesses... It's like having one person in two different places at the exact same time." he said calmly so she get the full effect of what he was telling her "The things that my sister went through I also went through though I was nowhere near her, thoughs nightmares, the abuse... everything... it was mine too." he said looking to her from the corner of his eye "The arch devil within me is because of what she went through, if it wasn't for the contract with Ruvel I would have fallen to the madness as she has." he gave her every piece of information she may need to understand, this was far more than the other side of him would of given her but she needed to know this, after all he had went to her for help.

He looked down to the earth once more and let out a long silent sigh "My other side that is an annoyed higher management employee stuffed into a munchkin's body will always be the way it is. I ask that you bare with me when I am like that, there are reasons that I am two sided as it there is that I act differently between the two sides but these are one of those mysteries that I will not speak of... not yet anyway." He wanted to give her hope that one day she might find out the reason between the switching of not only how he looked but his personality, in truth he didn't know if he would ever be comfortable with talking about it but he was trying to look on the bright side that he may trust someone enough eventually to tell them the truth about his 'condition' but for now he wasn't going to hold his breath. "I am glad you are willing to learn more and I would be greatful for any insight you may offer to me also, as you can tell my culture is far different from that of your own even down to the mannerisms of showing someone you like them." he said pointing to his cheek as to identify that she was still blushing and that it was noticeable. He seemed to be getting close to her though he had no idea why or even if it was a good idea at all but his walls were falling at least in this form how his other side would act he could only speculate but for now he was content to feel closer to someone not of his family or his summoner. He was learning to understand the mortal world a little more through her and his summoner and as much as he was learning he also knew it was a world that he would never wish to be a part of full time. He smiled and let out an almost amused breath as he thought of something but shook his head, it was foolish for him to think such a thing his race were purists so such a thing wouldn't be accepted even if it was ever to happen.

He smiled weakly his eyes turned towards her once more "Not all my race have this weakness only those of my primary cast to." he said believing he should have made himself a little clearer than he previously had "I broke a cardinal law by telling Johann where my sisters and my own death points were but given the circumstances I had no other option. I do not regret asking for the assistance I did, I fear falling to that madness and hurting a child that is already so fragile after everything he has already been through." he said letting out a little more information than he really should have, but then when you were as old as he was there was pretty much everyone was a child but he let her know he had been put through quite a bit and was more fragile than he ever let anyone know. It wasn't that hard in his opinion when you were forced to wear a mask and live a certain way for most your life but this was things that only a very select few knew about; unfortuneatly three of those that knew were less than sane at the current moment and came in the shapes of his brother in law Cirven, his twin sister Demi and the one they were both close to Korvin. He didn't even want to imagine what they might be planning for the youth that he was contracted to but thanks to the contract he was able to hide vital information such as where Ruvel was located as since the attack the summons had been keeping his whereabouts hidden and far from Tolgalen were he could be a potential target once more. He took her hands in his own feeling jealousy from her when he mentioned he had asked Johann for help, even he knew what that felt like and wanted to comfort her "I didn't go and seek Johann out, he was inside the company to visit Ruvel when he got the information from Sol. I actually went out of my way to request your presence. For your attention and help." he said to her his tone showed this was no lie, when he was in personal crisis he asked for her and no other, he hadn't even went to his cousins for help. He listened to her question about what would happen to him if someone ended Demi's life "Yes, I would also perish such is the fate of Deathless twins..." he said for a moment tilting his head "That being said I am in an unusual perdicerment, I am also in the service to a person who can not make summoning contracts with spirits or those who are dead so where normally I would pass I can't say what my fate would be in such an event. Then again it might also mean that because of that same connection to Ruvel she can not die, it may require for her, myself and Cirven all dying at the exact same time as my contract coming to an end but until that day comes I do not really know the true outcome of such a situation." he said truthfully not having put much thought into it before so he was thankful for her question as it made him think more on the matter.

He smiled weakly his eyes closing "With twins everything is connected within the race so I do not know my own fate in this matter, now that it has come to my attention this actually concerns me as I like to know how my ending might come around, however, in this case as I've said there are far more factors to consider than usual. I will need to do some research into it and come up with a hypothisis about it, but then until our deaths I wouldn't really know the answer which might make it hard to log. That would be quite unfortuneate, now wouldn't it." he said his voice deep in thought not realising he had voiced his thoughts on the matter. It wasn't until afterwards he brought a semi clenched hand to his mouth and coughed "Sorry, sometimes I voice my thoughts out loud and don't realise it. I do apologise." he said though not quite embarrased he did feel somewhat uncomfortable at his thought process being heard by another not his sister, then again of late his thoughts and memories were being protected by the bond with Ruvel and his cousins. He honestly didn't mind this and understood that when it came to his cousins they done it to protect the one they were obligated to even above their own race and culture. Changing his body language and mind set quickly he remembered that he told her that she must not barter with what he seen as the leech inside her, he knew that was easier said than done as his own whispered sweet nothings of power, wealth and knowledge if he only let it takeover him. That just wasn't going to happen in any way, yona had a demon to contend with as a human, he was dealing with an arch devil as one of the spiritual calling, he could only imagine how bad that would be if he did lose control. A rampant arch devil with the ability to claim the last breath of others and even decide if they should have another chance or not, he couldn't help but shudder at the thought. "I know it will be hard to do Yona but I can show you ways to strengthen your spirit and hopefully your resolve, I could even show you a few hints and tricks used by another I know." he offered, it was a true offer but only a half truth when it came down to who's hints and tricks they were, they were in fact his own but he wasn't yet ready to reveal something so sensitive to someone. "You are a formitable opponent, not many could annoy three higher members of a guild or company like you had and handle it as you did without to much damage mentally and physically..." he said looking to her which seemed to sparkle a little thanks to the light of the portals "You still have that fire, you are just more refined in how you use it so now you need to weaponise it towards the enemy deep within and turn that enemy into an asset you can use. I may not like to admit it but the leech within you is powerful and if you can get him under control and obedient you could very well be an unstoppable force." he said his voice honest on the matter.

As the demon took over he could feel that Yona was bound and kept from the forefront of her mind, what the demon didn't know is that he didn't take to kindly of such things happening to people. He could have ended him right there and then while not losing a single moments sleep over it but had he done that she would never learn her true strength, she would just keep relying on others to fix such issues making her weaker in his honest opinion in the long run. This being said that kind of thing took time and it seemed like the demon within her wanted to try and flex his power to intimidate the Deathless, he knew that this meant that Yona herself was locked up somewhere in her own mind, in a room or cage of some sort. The reason he believed this was of how he kept the the arch devil lord within him and how the arch demon inside Ruvel was bound. He would roll his eyes but that would have taken more effort than it was worth in his opinion as he knew that he nor Yona were in any real danger but that being said he knew while the demon was in control Yona was likely being tormented. The arch demon in Ruvel was careful of his hosts frailty and he himself had beaten his own darkness into submission so even when they took control he was comfortable, he doubted the parasite as he seen it was as careful with Yona due to her bartering with it to behave itself and so made sure to plant its own supremacy when it came to the two, this just didn't sit well with him and so if he needed to beat it into semi submission so she could get her footing back to complete the job had very few qualms on doing such a thing. "Aww... you're a vampiric tree?" he said with the darkened smile his tone as smug as the smile that he wore "So you're a double parasite then?" his eyes narrowed the joy he had gone as he had changed in personality to be serious "Perhaps I should take you out of existance and so ending your misery." his voice showing he wasn't playing about with what he had said he had every intention of doing it. "Little leech I don't care who or what you are..." he leaned in to complete the rest of what he was about to say "I am one of the spiritual calling, a reaper to humans. This means I can take your very last breath without ever doing damage to Yona if I so desire. More than this I am the only son of primodial death meaning there is no higher authority in my cast than my parent themselves...." he informed him "I can harm a body without harming the spirit, harm a spirit without harming the body and harm a parasite like you without doing any harm whatsoever to your host now crawl back to the darkness with your tail between your legs like the coward you are and lick your wounds before I live up to my threat of wiping you out of existance." his said coldly before sitting back bringing up his hand to his mouth coughing as his eyes closed, when they opened they returned back to his normal soul filled blood ruby eyes.

He looked to her with a soft smile as what had just transpired never happened "Like I said you need to get him under control or he will one day control you." he said with a warm yet concerned tone, as he said that he lowered the gem down carefully onto his lap, he knew that it couldn't be damaged easily; yet for some reason he felt the need to be careful with it almost as if it was made of delicate crystal that would shatter if the greatest care wasn't given to it. "There is no reason to worry about that Yona, it is protected and safe as are you. I give you my word in this..." his hand went to cup her cheek his thumb gliding over it gently enjoying her warmth "When the day finally comes that I must take your final breath, I swear I will give you the option of rest or changing to be of my race and culture." he said softly, normally this wasn't something that was offered to anyone ever but when it came to her he seemed to break alsorts of normalities and proceedures so what was one more in the grand scheme of things. "Also if this was destroyed you would not cease to exist, it just means you would no longer have my protection. An order is usually different from where a soul is stored, mines is both meaning they are stronger more so because what a soul is stored ins strength like our method of taking the last breath all comes down to our own spirits. I don't falter... normally... so you are safe." he said to give her some ease on things, this was information that wasn't normally given outside his main cast but given as he walked around with her life dangling from his waist he believed that she may have such worried and so deserved such an explination, he could only imagine how hard this was to process as he had never been in such a predicerment so was trying his best to put her at ease. "Yona, eventually everything dies, even I will die again eventually and be reborn as I have done several times over the last thirty thousand or so years." he brought his hand down and looked to the crystal in his lap "Life and death go hand in hand and they are both journeys everyone and everything go through. You at least know who will claim your last breath and know what to expect when it comes, you nor I however know when the day will come when I finally approach you with the question of your fate." he said his eyes watching the sparkling gem, it was beautiful in its simplicity "I can show you how you could add to it if you wanted so it would be something that would be special to you too if you wanted. I've never actually offered someone such a thing, I know others have in the past to make the travel that much easier." he said looking up to her with a weak smile. "Nothing has changed between us Yona, you are still you and have free will to do as you wish with your life. I will be the one with you at the end of your journey nothing more and nothing less." he said letting her know he wouldn't sway her growth or life in any way, it wasn't his task to do such a thing after all. It also occured to him that thanks to everything going on and the parasites entry they had got off track with why they were actually there in the first place, but for now he wanted her to take the time she needed to take such heavy information in and find peace with it so for now sat quietly.

Notes: Oykai's colour code is #ff0000

Oykai's Request 59835_s
    Betrayal

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 26th October 2019, 3:04 pm

Yona had swallowed hard. It was so much to digest. It would take her weeks of mulling to be able to fully comprehend her own thoughts and feelings, to be able to establish some sort of stance or conclusion. For now it was as if she were falling a very long with, arms grasping for anything to keep her steady. It was just far too much to take in. Her father and Sato knew of their death... was it comforting? Were they afraid? Were they saddened? Yona looked at Oykai and considered that she might have been afraid of him if he were to claim her in the form of a six year old jack ass, but her green eyes upon him now, Yona only felt reassurance. He had been at his job long enough at least that she could feel rest assured that no matter which form he took, Oykai probably guided her family with consideration.

All those nights that she had lain there, waiting for her legs to heal, learning how to walk again. The plant mage had gone through so much hell, physically and mentally. She had wondered all those nights how Sato and her father had felt. She had wondered if death had brought an end to the pain. She desired that same end for oh so many reasons. When she looked at Oykai, meeting his face she was surprised to feel like he knew what she was thinking and how she was feeling. She had felt no intrusion to her thoughts, so Yona had to deduce that he had simply faced such things before. The woman wanted to try to explain herself but he spoke before she could, requesting her to not beg for death. Yona was surprised by this, wasn't it his job to claim people anyway? If death wasn't a bad thing, who cared if she had begged for it? What loss would the world have faced? Yona supposed all the lives she had changed and saved were worth her own lasting so long buy Oykai's tenderness implied that he cared for her. "You care that I would make myself a target? For what reason? Do you care like this for all the people you save? Are there other... gems...?" Her eyes flicked to the one that prevented her own death by any but his own hands. Hadn't he done this before?

Oykai had spoke of his twin and explained the situation with Ruvel, escorting Yona's mind back to present and more pressing issues. "Your sister fell to madness, but you were protected from it because of your contract with Ruvel. Why does anyone think you too will fall to this madness? It is clear to me you are stronger than that, that you have made significant choices and have become a very different person from your twin, despite the similarities you ought to share more closely. Has she ever spared a life... denied an order.. the way you have?" Yona stroked Oykai's hand before she lost the courage to touch him and talked herself out of so intimate a gesture. "I believe you are more different than even you believe. And I believe you are stronger than she is." Her blush was still somewhat prominent until he pointed it out. She reached up with both hands and covered her own cheeks, urging them to look normal.

"I think you could survive your sister's death. And Cirven's." Yona despised the idea of Cirven dying as much as Ruvel, being as he had been so instrumental to her growth as well. Rumors had said he had become more dark, leaving the guild, killing innocents, but Yona had believed none of it until Oykai had called for this meeting. She nodded her head at his encouragements and added, "I want you to help me get stronger. I want to use this fire, my anger, stubbornness, and recklessness to my advantage. I want to use Ketsueki to help defeat the evils in this world." She didn't say it but she had privately added in her own head that she would find a way to end Oykai's sister's cruelty without ending Oykai himself. He may have wanted death, as he said many in his race did, but Yona had just started to learn from him. He had a lot to teach and she had billions of questions he could help her with. With Johann gone, Oykai was just scary enough to help her control her demon. There was another reason she wanted Oykai to stay and survive... but she wasn't sure just why she felt so compassionate towards him. It was obvious there was more to him than met the eye, and her original assessments had needed updating, however Yona felt there was more than that going on.

Ketsueki had crawled away silently, without a word, and Yona could only feel his desperation like a blanket or an aura inside of her soul. Oykai's threats weren't fully understood by Yona, the implications and the exact nature as to how he could do any of those things were puzzling to her. Yet, his threats made perfect sense to the demon and when he had slinked away Yona agreed aloud with Oykai, "I do need to learn how to do that. Who knows what Ketsueki could do without me holding him back from the people of Fiore." Her hands moved to her lap and Oykai touched her cheek, referencing the gem. He promised that the day she died, it would be her choice to become one of his race or final rest. Yona rubbed her head tiredly with one hand, "I will need to learn an awful lot more about you and the other spiritual reaper race to make a decision like that. And I suppose it is a little nice knowing that when I go, it will be you who is there." Death was still frightening, but the reckless part of her felt an excitement, knowing all the things she could get away with doing that wouldn't truly kill her unless Oykai had actually claimed her.

She for once felt safe, truly safe. Crazy enough, because nothing was in her control at all, her whole world seemed to be turned inside out and it was as if someone had plucked her eyes out and given her a new vision on the wide world. As wild and as challenging as this all was to take in, still, the green haired mage felt a sense of security. It was a bizarre form of freedom that she might never have known before this honest and strange meeting with Ruvel's summon. Even more so, he gave his word that her choices would remain her own and he would not use the gem to control her fate the way she had been worried a moment ago that he could do. Nothing had changed, he said, and the plant mage grinned. "You're wrong. Everything has changed." She pointed at the gem, her cocky and amused personality floating back up to the surface. "What do you mean by add to it and make it special? That sounds like something I am interested in." She gazed around at all the portals and then looked back at Oykai. "And where do we begin? Between becoming stronger, taking control of Ketsueki, protecting Ruvel, eliminating your sister while saving your own existence, and learning all I can about your race and culture... I daresay we have our work cut out for us." She offered Oykai a pleasant smile, hoping he would be assured by her determination and willingness to learn.

"We don't have much time to waste, do we? So teach me, my new teacher.~"

WC: 6228+1303= 7531

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 21st November 2019, 4:17 pm

Word Count : 5,738
    Total Word Count: 17,722

Oykai's Request

The blue haired deathless watched the other carefully, picking up every subtle hint of how she was taking all of the information that had just been presented to her. He knew it was a lot to take in and he really had wished that it hadn't come out like this, it was far to much information for most people of his race to digest he was sure let alone someone who had been alive for what was a blink of an eye to him and others like him. He took note of her hard swallow, even he who kept people at arms reach knew that this was a sign that she was trying to wrap her mind around the truth of everthing. "It'll take time Yona." he said trying to be as supportive as possible, he knew this would take weeks, months and likely years for the green haired nature mage to come to terms with and he couldn't exactly blame her given what was just thrown on her like a few dozen tons of bricks. There was far more to it but given that just this information was going to be hard for her to deal with he decided that holding off on other things might be the best idea for now. He looked deep into her eyes and seen some of the questions that she was wanting to ask "Yes, they knew death was coming for them. No, it wasn't comforting at the time given the way of death was slow and agonising. Yes, they were afraid, no one wants to pass after all. Yes, in the end they found release from the pain when I took their last breaths. Yes, they were saddened but not because they had died, they were saddened because you were alone. They were however happy that you had been spared such a fate and would live on." he said his voice calm, as he answered each question he kept complete eye contact with her so she could see no lies from him as he read her eyes for things she might want to know.

He turned his gaze once more to the rippling portals around them now attracting pyreflies as well as other wildlife. "I eased Sato by taking the guise of your mother, telling him it was okay to walk away from the fire and towards the cooling water. That they would be reunited again. This also put your father at ease and they came without fight, your mother and father live with me actually. I gave them an offer in the form of a contract of servitude." he said calmly, he knew that to those outside his cast this likely sounded like a horrible thing but it really wasn't like that. "It isn't as bad as you are likely thinking, in my race everything is very structured. Servants are often treated far better than those who are free. Their masters need to make sure they are happy, healthy, have purpose, are well taken care of etc." he explained to her "A contract of servitude means their spirits are bound to serve me until I release them of it. I, unlike many of my cast do not force this on any spirit, I personally find that barbaric and it takes away from the first of the many things I as a master must make sure is in effect. That my servants are happy." he said looking back to her making an orb appear so she could see it. "Your mother has been taught how to look after fairies and other fae like creatures who call my gardens home, they've come to see her as mummy and it brings her joy to look after them I expect." He said with a warm smile, within the orb Yona would see her mother with sprites, fairies, ents and other fae in the middle of her telling them a story on how a brave fairy saved the heart of the forest from a horrible, terrible blighter who wanted to destroy it and thus ruin the forest the fairy called home. She would look as beautiful and healthy as Yona would remember her as a child, her own clothing was of silks in different shades of green, golds with gems sprinkled here and there. She would easily pass as a dryad if anyone was to pass her, around her left arm was a silver spiral of runes Yona wouldn't be able to read.

The orb would eventually change and Yona would see her father how he was before the fire, studying plants and gardening, he too would be wearing silks of greens and browns, gold and gems once again sprinkled around. He like her mother would look happy and healthy, like her mother he would have the same silver runes spiraling down his left arm "Your father is my houses botanist, gardener and has even been trained to be a doctor should the need arise." he explained holding the orb out for her to take. "This will allow you to see them when you want and eventually, when I allow it you could even visit them if you want." he said with a warm tone, he wasn't all to sure how she would take such a thing but he thought he would offer it to her none the less "Sato and I have been keeping them in formed of your growth as a person and as a mage. They are very proud of you and your father loves to boast to servants from other houses about that." he said chuckling, it hadn't been the first time he himself had been at the other side of such a boast. Many masters would have told their servant to stop wasting their time, punished them for doing it and then make them get back to work but he could understand the proudness of a father on some level so didn't mind the man boasting and bragging to him when he got an update about her. "I've not been home of late to tell him of your promotion to being an S rank mage or of becoming a vice presidant for the company you work for. I will be hearing that for weeks if not months to come when he is told." he said it was clear he was sincere when he spoke about how he treated his servants and how he allowed them to act. "My servants are denied very few things, I am one of four crowns within the void so I can flaunt such things to others. My servants are also paid and can go buy things when they have time off and yes, they do get time off to rest and such. Working every day with no break makes unhappy and unhealthy servants so mine do get some limited freedoms." he let her know, he actually took pride that his servants were some of the best maintained within his home realm and it showed.

"Like I said many of my cast force the dead they have in their service into contratual servitude but nothing good comes from that in my honest opinion." he said looking to her and he bit his bottom lip for a moment and brought out another orb, within it they would see a young girl no older than thirteen years old, on her left arm would be the same spiral pattern however the runes would have changed and would also be black and red. She would be wearing rags, thin, be scarred and otherwise looking in bad health and unhappy. "The markings on your parents arms and on that girls arm are proof they're in contractual servitude. The silvery markings of your parents show that they entered willingly and are happy with their treatment and don't want to break the agreement." he said looking at the orb he offered her "The black markings on the girl show that it wasn't willing, the red border shows that she doesn't want to be there, she is in bad health and she wants to break the contract but can't." he explained saddly to her showing a little bit of his race and whats more his cast "Those who have died aren't classed as servants even though the term is contractual servitude, they are slaves and have no rights what so ever. Their masters can treat them how they want and there is nothing that can be done about it, so I'm an oddity as I give those in contractual servitude the same rights and priviliages as those not bound in such a way." he explained, in honesty he had to see them sometimes in the worst time of their lives; he honestly didn't want to give them that kind of life for as long as they served him, it was beyond cruel in his mind. "If you so desire, I will intervien and bring that girl and her siblings into my service where they will not have to live in such a way anymore." it was one of the very few nice perks he could call upon given his rank within his cast, he normally wouldn't intervine given it was not his business how others treated those contracted to them but she asked it of him he would without a moments hesitation or even give it a second thought. It was strange to him, he wanted her happy regardless of what it took and he had no idea why this was indeed the case as he had never done such a thing for anyone but Ruvel before and that he knew why he done it, but Yona... his actions for her were beyond a mystery to him.

He looked to the ground as he took a deep silent breath as he braced himself to tell her something, he wasn't all that sure it was a good idea but he felt like given everything else that had been revealed this was something that needed to be said. "Yona, the days... weeks... months and even years after that dreadful night you weren't alone." he started to tell her, of course she wasn't alone due to the medical care but that wasn't what he was meaning of course. "I was there most of the time in my ethereal form, I didn't want you even in my other side as lothed as it might be for it to admit it to be on your own after having such a disaster happen to you." Again this had been the very first time that he had ever taken such care with someone from the mortal realm and he really didn't understand it. "I kept your family up to date with your progress, I can't say I understand the pain fully that you went through but I do understand it to some extent." he said looking to her "Twins of my race share everything, including scars..." he looked to her and the warm smile vanished to pain "My twin was stolen from our crib when we were newborns this lifetime, she was raised as a weapon in a lab owned by a dark guild along side Cirven and several others. She was then moved from there to another place which I will not get into and the treatment there was far worse." he said looking to her "Everything she went through I felt and experienced as if I was actually the one there, it was beyond painful on so many occasions. She might have not died but so many times we had both wished for it." he confessed to her, it was the first time he had openly confessed himself had wished for his own death at one time but then he knew no matter how much he wished it, it wouldn't come until his life cycle was over. "Anyway. Back on topic. I was saying that I was with you through that trying time and I wanted to say that you remind me of a sapling that can be found after a forest fire." he said his gaze going to the stars once more "Even through destruction new life thrives, it becomes stronger than before regardless of the trials it faces afterwards and you proved this time and again." he said before turning his gaze to her "Not many can say they've been attacked by both my cousins at the same time and have came out still being able to think properly." he said with a chuckle "If you hadn't went through that night you might have not become as strong of a person or mage as you are now." he explained trying to show him that as bad as that time was there was a silver lining in it somewhere though he was pretty sure that back then it was so hard to find given all the smoke and darkness that was left by that night. "I keep people at arms length not because I am a horrible person or even want to be one. I do it because I know they will die and I will be left with the pain of that persons passing and again will be left alone, it is a defence of sorts. Better to be alone to begin with and skip the middle man so speak." he said honestly, he wanted her to understand why he always tried to push people away, he seen the pain of those left living after their loved ones passed and he really didn't want to feel it. The imbalance and guilt would affect how he worked and if he could work until he felt better and given how long his race lived that could be centuries.

He realised his request surprised her given the shock on her face and closed his eyes "Think of how you felt when you were left behind after that night..." he began trying to show her one reason why he had asked her never to beg for her death again "Now, think about many people you have touched since that night..." he continued giving her a moment to think her over it "Finally, think how they would be feeling when you passed but more so if you begged for that gift that you have been granted to be taken from you." he said opening his eyes showing saddness, they had been welling and that is why his eyes had remained closed the entire time he spoke this time. "I will give you a little knowledge on Ruvel, he died twenty-four time due to harsh treatment he recieved and wished each time that it would be the final time, my twin was selfish and prevented it from happening. She gave up her immortality so he couldn't die and it wasn't for his benefit, it was because she didn't want to be alone in that place." he said looking into her deep emerald eyes with his own soul filled blood ruby eyes "It would have been kinder if he had passed when he was meant to, and, I realise with you I done something similar but that was my call as I was the one sent to take your last breath. She wasn't the one sent to claim him." he said shaking his head for a moment "Now if you asked him if he wished he passed he would answer yes and no but he wouldn't wish for it because if he had passed and still wished to then he couldn't continue moving forward to help people and wouldn't wish all those people to feel the pain he once did." he explained hoping that he was making some sense in this situation but in honesty he wasn't overly sure given he had never given this kind of pep talk before, given what he done as his main cast. "If you ever wish for death, what I gave you would be wasted, all that pain and suffering you felt would have been for nothing, the mysterious male would have won and most of all those who wish for death are reckless and could cause more harm than good." he explained to her hoping that she would understand what he was getting at "I would be hurt if I heard that wish from you because at that point I would claim you without a second thought." he informed her, he didn't want to tell her that part of the reason he was like how he was, was due to the fact that he had defied the order and allowed her to live. It was something he believed the other didn't need to hear because it would just make her feel guilty over it most likely, it was his decision and if he had to make the same decision again he would without a second thought regardless of wither or not he understood his own motivations. "You also need to remember breaking rules within my race let alone my cast comes with consequences. I done what I did knowing this Yona and would do it again even if it cost me more." he said his voice gentle and somewhat warm towards her "Every life is important until the last breath is taken, yours for some unknown reason is very important to me so please promise me you will never beg for your breath be taken." he said his hand moving to cup her cheek tenderly, as soon as he realised what he was doing he moved his hand back "Apologies, I should have asked before I done such an action." he said scratching his left cheek a little, this wasn't like him and now he had to wonder what the hell he was doing.

His hand lowered as he was bombarded with questions verbally this time, he hadn't expected this type of question but it was to be expected he guessed. "Yes, I care that you would make yourself a target as not all of my cast play by the rules but those people tend to be taken care of swiftly and without mercy." he began his eyes once again meeting hers so she could gadge wither or not he was lying to her or being truthful, then again with how long he had been alive he could lie and most people wouldn't know but still he prefered eye contact when answering questions like this. "I can't answer the reason, because I honestly don't know." he said calmly "I truly wish I could answer this question for myself but as I can not, I can't answer it for you either." he tried to be as clear as possible on this one, he really wished he knew so he could stop it from happening in the future but nope, no answer to give. "What other people?" he genuinely seemed surprised that she thought that he done this kind of thing often "You are the first I ever disobeyed my orders on. So I guess the answer to that one is no I don't care for others like this?" he wondered what she was thinking on that question and on the last one were he shook his head his eyes lowering to the gem currently sitting on his lap "There are other gems as this is how I get my orders and how I transfer souls to judgement and where they need to be..." he said before looking to her once more "However, this is the only gem I have ever kept in its current state if that is what you are asking. I take care of it to make sure it does not get damaged or dull in beauty because one day you may end up within it and you deserve nothing but th-" he cut himself off raising a semi clenched fist to cough a little trying to steer the current situation away from the gem once more and what he was about to say about it and how he wanted her to have nothing but the very best because he believed she deserved nothing less. He was however glad when Yona once again steered the conversation back to the reason why they were there in the first place.

"Kind of." he said trying to find a way to explain it so she would understand it "Like I said within my race, twins are a one single being so to speak so we share everything. Pain, pleasure, sorrow, joy etc." he began sighing a little "My sister fell into her madness because of Cirven, he broke the door and wards to the monster that was behind it after he forced her to choose him or Ruvel. She followed her heart and attacked the one who she seen as family at one point for the one she was raised with. I can't completely blame her for that, our race is very family orientated." he explained allowing her to take in the information before he would continue "I should have fallen to the same madness at the same time but I kept strengthening mine, well that and I had an extra barrier of defense thanks to the contract I hold with Ruvel." he continued his eyes closing "If I didn't have this contract then I'd be as dangerous as her and likely fall under Cirven's control as well, something I would rather avoid at all costs because one derranged member of the spiritual calling is bad enough without both crowns of it being like that. There would be no order if that happened, in fact, there would be a good chance that Cirven would take charge and people could be claimed or unclaimed with no consequence." he said shuddering a little at the thought, it was the stuff of nightmares for him and it took a lot to unsettle him at this point but this was something that done it with little to no effort. "As I said before, twins share everything meaning if one falls to madness the other will to if the other isn't strong enough. My twin and I were born at the exact same time though she is classed as the higher crown this life cycle as we take turns due to who our parent is. I have sacrificed a lot to place the barriers and protections we had on our doors and Cirven destroyed hers as if they were nothing, if he can do that to her then he can do it to me too." his voice showed fear at that "I do have the benefit of the contract I hold with Ruvel and that I was raised inside my home realm unlike my sister so that gives me an added strength that she didn't but who knows what the future will hold but I would rather cease this life if that happened so I wouldn't be a threat." he explained, he knew the damage that he could do to the delicate balance and he wanted nothing to do with that, that is why he had told Johann and Mars his and Demi's weaknesses. Problem was now there was a complication he didn't know if they could die due to the wedding vows Demi and Cirven had exchanged when they got marriage or when their blood mingled so it was something he would have to research into when he dealt with the blind Ruvel situation. To him it honestly felt like it was never ending but he bore it and kept moving forward hoping that his sister would come back to her senses anymore issues arose thanks to this insanity she was currently going through.

He listened to the next onslaught of questions and nodded "She has, in fact she took life to prevent them from suffering anymore than they already had without orders." he said calmly "In fact, she spared Sol's and that is why if Sol and snow were in a line up, snow would be going to jail for not being white enough." he said trying to crack some humour into such a tense subject "She also saved one of her current family by buying time for Ruvel to make a contract with her since he can't make contracts with spirits or dead people. The day you became a member of the guild Ruvel was dying because he summoned that person, my sister left her weapon in the void on purpose to buy him some time to deal with you when he again should have died there. It was the first time my cousins have ever came fourth without being summoned and acted on their own. We have all have this clause in our contract that we must protect him regardless of his wants or thoughts so, they done just that." he said letting her know her original fear towards Ruvel was misplaced again. "Shindara and Amuul are just people and fair rulers but they do take their duty to Ruvel seriously. Let me explain just what I mean. My race have a weakness to light unless you are of my primary cast and they decided to make a contract with Ruvel who bleeds light. When this all happened they stayed by his side in the light where others could see them just because they didn't want him to be or feel alone, he asked them not to but they refused." he said closing his eyes "He was the first person to see them for who they are and not be afraid of them because of their abilities, it meant the world to them and since then they've always been by his side." he finished, she would know a little about how duty and loyalty worked within his race. He looked at her hand as she caressed his hand briefly, it was a strange sensation for him, one he had never experienced be for. "Do you care for me Yona?" he asked suddenly not holding any punches once again derailing the conversation as he looked into her eyes as he awaited the answer to his question. "Strength comes in many ways Yona, you'll understand this as you grow." he said chuckling as she covered her red cheeks, he found it kind of cute how mortals acted in such situations, he never really did understand but it was definatly something he enjoyed observing as he hoped to understand it at some point. He was snapped out of his observations with her next statement "That is nice of you to say, but, I don't know there is no record of such a situation ever happening before so this will definatly going to be interesting if and when it comes down to it." he said to her his mind scared about such a thing but he was mostly curious about it as they couldn't be born unless they were together it was written into their spirits. He once again took her hands in his "Stay away from Cirven, he isn't the man he once was. He gave into his darkness and it is because of that this whole situation happned. He is a member of a dark guild, one of their highers in fact. He kills without mercy or thought... man, woman and child... he doesn't care." he told her his eyes and tone deadly serious on every piece of information he was sharing with her "It hurts Ruvel so much that this had happened because he was the one that taught Ruvel what a family was and gave him an actual home, so the betrayal is doublely painful from the two for him." he finished shaking his head, he wanted to tell her so much more on the situation but knew better than to say to much or his cousin's would get on his case and that was something he would rather avoid if possible. "So please stay away from Cirven, Demiari and the Mt. Hakobe Settlements, it would be one less worry for me. I want you safe." Even if he did decide when he would take her, he still didn't like the thought of her being hurt by them or any other person on that accursed mountain for any reason.

He listened to her once again and quirked an eyebrow "Are you sure about that? I have never had the title teacher before and I believe myself not appropriate for such a position. It is a highly reveared title inside my race and with how I am... well... there's a reason I don't teach lower tiers of the spiritual calling their duties." he said rubbing the back of his head "And don't get me started on how Demi taught Sol, I swear the guy isn't completely stable but then again dealing with my twin it is hard to believe anyone could be." he said earnestly, he was truly worried about having Sol so close to Ruvel but there was more to that than was allowed to be said right now. He knew Shindara and Amuul would deal with that and he would rather not get into that mess if he could help it, especially as this wasn't the first time Sol and Ruvel's paths had crossed. "Fire is a good thing, stubborness to an extent is as well but the recklessness and the demon... are huge issues." he said shaking his head on the matter "You realise demons tend to not do good things and you can't yet control him so that makes what you're thinking even more dangerous." he said sighing, he could understand what she was wanting and why but he was also worried about it, the vampiric demon tree that had crawled into her would use everything in its power to gain control and keep it in time. This was something he couldn't allow "Fine, I will help you but you will follow my rules and regulations Yona. This is not up for negotiation, understood." he said sternly, he wanted to know his time wasn't being wasted and she knew what she was walking into. "If you agree, I will have a contract sorted for you to read and sign." he said, everything had a way to be done and he was a stickler for this kind of thing especially given what was being asked of him, he hated dealing with parasidic demons, more so because he had his own to deal with but then his was locked behind a warded door and that was where he wanted it to remain. He went quiet observing her, wondering what was going on behind her emerald eyes, their had to be more to this but he wouldn't push for the information, the answers would bubble to the surface and show themselves in due time; he was sure of it as he knew that no secret remained that way forever.

The blue haired deathless remained still and quiet as the demon took his leave, he knew that his threats wouldn't be understood fully by Yona and he was glad for that fact, so longs the one who he aimed it at understood the implications and that they weren't merely threats then he was perfectly fine with that. He did realise that there would likely be another onslaught of questions at some point about what was said but it wasn't that important right now as far as he was concerned. "It wouldn't get that bad because I would deal with him as I technically now have two gems, he is inside you meaning I have claim over his life too. His gem, is so very flawed I would likely just eat it." he said with a shrug, it wasn't something he done really but certain people needed to be wiped out if they caused to many issues and well Ketsueki was nothing more than a giant headache as far as he was concerned, one that had to be eliminated but Yona wanted to try and control him and gain his aid so he would help her to the best of his ability as he had already agreed to it. "The race is called Deathless and not all deathless take final breath, also we hate the term reaper. My primary cast is called spiritual calling, we don't reap anything but hatred for doing our jobs." he tried to make it clearer since what he said seemed not to be understood. "There are several casts within the Deathless race. Very few ever become my primary cast and those who do tend to take a second cast they enjoy so they can destress." he finished explaining hoping she understood this time around. "Where you are technically immortal at current if you do something to foolish I will have to claim you, because I would rather you be with me than be in eternal pain and suffering." he knew what it was like personally to live in an hell that seemed like it would never end because it wasn't your time to pass he didn't want that for her and would spare her from it if that time ever came to pass. Hearing her words about how everything had changed made him more than a little confused "Not really Yona, you are still you. You're just you with knew knowledge." he said scratching the side of his head before pushing his glasses up. "Well, right now the gem is just plain. We can do things together and it will change it's shape, colour, give it patterns, motifs and the likes." he said answering her question his eyes once again going to the crystal in his lap "At that point it would be one of a kind and so special." he finished wondering if that was something of interest to her. "Well before we deal with all that given all of the information I have given you today, how about we just spend sometime getting to know each other. It'll make it easier to teach you I guess." it was clear that he had no idea what the hell he was doing, he had never done this kind of thing before but it would be nice he was sure. "How about we go through one of the portals for a while or we can go to the void and you can learn a little more about my race and culture first hand." he said allowing her to make the decision on what they would be doing.

Notes:
    My total word count: 17,722
    Yona's total word count: 7,531
    Total word count for thread: 25,253

Oykai's Request 59835_s
    Betrayal

Current date/time is 17th May 2024, 4:03 am