Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Toppling the Tower

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Toppling the Tower Empty Toppling the Tower

Post by Mythal Ragnos 15th December 2018, 4:36 pm

Spoiler:

I've been out there and seen the things she's made

Surviving the Ravines of the Lost had been a trial for Mythal. Though he wasn’t nearly as badly beaten as he was after his fight with Lexa, he was still fairly shaken. Blind courage and adrenaline only carried a person so far before they finally crashed and had to take in their surroundings. The God Slayer managed to make it out of the fog-filled ravines that he had wandered into, stumbling and walking all the way to the flat ground just before it. And then he had finally collapsed, their weight of everything hanging on his shoulders like a tremendous anchor. Faera had been there; her nigh-omnipotent power pressing against him like it had when he was a teenager. He could feel the old memories crawling up from the cesspools of his mind, sharp, angry talons reaching out to drag him back into the myriad of depression. But there was something that kept him from falling or rather, somethings.

There was the matter of Gren Ragnos’ voice. Right as Mythal was giving up, right as he stood on the precipice of throwing any hope of escaping away, his father’s voice had come to him. It must have been some memory tucked away in the recesses of his brain but it had come had the most opportune time. His father would never have forgiven him if he had surrendered there, in the pits of darkness. Even if it was his memory forming ethereal advice, it still was exactly what the caring but hardened man would have said. It was unacceptable to drown in the darkness.

The other part, and arguably more important matter, was Serilda. She’d made a promise to him that she would keep him from the dark, would help guide him towards the light. Frankly if he had been taken there, it would have set her off on a path he couldn’t quite forgive himself for helping push her towards. Visions of her, memories of their jobs and experiences together thus far, had been the final push that snapped him from his slumber. If he was being honest with himself, he was sure it had been the thought of her that had summoned Curse back. Never had anyone been such an important part of his life before – he’d never allowed himself a friend prior so having one… it meant the world to him.

He glanced at the weapon still in his hand, the waning sun glimmering in its polished face. How long had it been gone this time? The better question was how long had he been inside that realm? Had it been hours? Days even? He numbly reached into his pocket and pulled out his iLac, gently pressing the button to summon its home page. Much to his surprise it had, in fact, only been a couple of hours since he had journeyed down into the depths. Well that was good, at the very least. If it had been any longer than a day or so, he was sure people probably would have started asking questions.

He scoffed as he pushed himself to his feet, letting out a small groan of pain as his body yelled at him. “Nice of you to join us again. Maybe you stay around a bit longer this time, eh?” he asked his weapon, holding it out in front of him. As per usual when he conversed with it, there was no answer. Despite its almost sentient ability to disappear and return by its own volition, there was no other sign that it had a conscious of its own. It almost seemed to be a weapon of opportunity at this point – only showing up when he really needed it. Whatever the case, it had managed to return once more. How long this time was anybody’s guess.

The God Slayer slid the weapon behind his back, the blade retracting so it was almost the size of a dagger. He had remembered, when detailing what he wanted to the tailor, to include a small patch for his weapon. The tailor had been surprised when he said he didn’t need any kind of magnetized bar inside the hem or clip to keep it attached. The sword was pressed against the back of his pants and there it stuck, without any rhyme or reason.

The trip back to Magnolia was far too much for him now. Hell, even getting back to his house in Oshibana was going to be a task. He needed a place to rest his head for the night and rest his battle-worn body. And with that concluded in his head, he began to slow walk to the nearest city he could pull up on his iLac.

Hargeon PortFairy Tail
    783/3500
    Let me tell you, they are fear.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Toppling the Tower Empty Re: Toppling the Tower

Post by Mythal Ragnos 15th December 2018, 6:53 pm

Hargeon Town had become a central point of his travels at this point. He’d started his journey here, not that long ago and then he’d come here for several differing jobs since then. It seemed right that it was the place he could finally put his head down and rest. Yet it was certainly odd; rather than finding some off-beaten alley to crash in, he was actually paying with jewel to stay in an inn. Rather than finding the grungiest bar to spend all his jewel on and then drunkenly stumbling out into the night, he was paying for two moderately priced beers and then going up to bed. In such a little amount of time, he had become someone respectable – a dramatic turn compared to where he had been before.

The one thing that hadn’t changed was the fact that trouble seemed to follow him everywhere. He wasn’t sure what hour of the night it was when it happened but it jerked him right out of sleep. The God Slayer felt the ground beginning to quake and the distinct sound of water splashing viciously. He assumed, at first, that it was some kind of monster that had perhaps come too close to shore and was thrashing about. Such an issue could easily be handled by the local division of the Rune Knights. As he attempted to drift back off, the sounds of screams and people yelling began to rise up from… well everywhere. He growled into his pillow and finally lifted his head up, blinking the sleep from his eyes. “I swear, is this ain’t worth my time…” he grumbled to the walls, as he walked over to the chair where he had put his clothes.

By the time he was opening the door to his room, people were running down the hall in robes and underwear and half-dressed. They were all running for the end that led to the stairs, a few of them stopping to look out the window. Mythal moved with them, grumbling to himself as he turned the corner and marched down the stairs. It seemed the entire tavern was running outside to investigate the source of the shaking, though it seemed the screams had died down a bit. But there was definitely the overbearing sound of half-whispers and conversations from the open doorway. The God Slayer walked through and was greeted with a crowd standing in a line before him, each one of them staring upwards. His eyes tracked the same path and widened a bit in surprise at what he saw.

A massive tower had come out of the ocean, rising up apparently from the deep. It seemed to be made of a pale white marble, though its shade had been warped from rising out of the ocean. Coral and other such sea-born markers adorned its rounded form, running from top to bottom without purpose or design. The top came to a point, with a dark blue roof built over the rest of the structure. There were no windows or entryways save for one; a doorway that rested on the single platform thrusting out near its bottom. And from that platform, a long stone bridge ran out and right to the port, the path seamlessly going from stone to wood of the deck.

There were Rune Knights already posted by the entryway of the docks, forming a line to keep from people moving to investigate the tower. Mythal pushed through the crowd until he was at the forefront of it, standing before the ranks. “The hell’s goin’ on?” he asked, nodding to the building.

“Please remain back, sir, for your own safety,” the man said, not really paying any attention.

“Safety? My sleep’s getting’ ruined by this thing poppin’ out of the water. It better stay back for it’s safety.” It didn’t really make sense but he wasn’t really awake yet either.

“Sir, I do not—“ The Rune Knight started, finally turning his gaze to the God Slayer. He stopped, his head pulling back as he stared at the man. “Mythal Ragnos?”

Now it was Mythal’s turn to look surprised. “…Yeah?”

“Oh wow! I was wondering when I’d run into you again!” The man sounded damn near ecstatic. “I was one of the trainees when you came some weeks back. Remember? You uh… punched me in the face.”

Oh right, when he had gone to Era to get the whole… Rising Star business sorted out. “Hey…” He said, a bit awkwardly.

“Let ‘em in guys, I got this,” the Rune Knight said, nodding to the others. They moved aside, though they did stare down Mythal as he walked past them. “Crazy running into one another like this, right?” The kid was practically star struck.

“’Bout as crazy as this thing comin’ out of the ocean?” Mythal gestured to the tower.

“Yeah, this thing has been a pain for the last couple of days. It came out of nowhere about a week ago, coming up at exactly this time and putting out the bridge like that. Almost like it’s inviting people in. A few people have already gone inside and… well, no one has come back out. The tower goes back into the sea right before dawn every day and takes whoever is in there with them. After that, we were ordered to keep other people from entering it until we had located a guild wizard to help us figure it out.” The idea was already there but he snapped his fingers anyways, like he’d just seen the light. “Mythal! You’re a wizard for Fairy Tail. You think you can help us out?”

This sounded like a pain. And honestly, Mythal still wasn’t fully healed up from his last job. “I dunno, kid… I just got back from another job and I haven’t had a chance to--…”

“Please sir. We’re trying to keep people back but if someone were to use a boat to get around us… we’d have to use more decisive means. I don’t want to attack innocent people, even stupid innocent people.” The Rune Knight pleaded with him, authentically sounding desperate.

Mythal sighed as he met the kid’s gaze. After a moment he shook his head. “Alright, alright. So what do you guys know about it?”

“Next to nothing. We sent a scouting party in but they also disappeared. We’re not sure what else to do here. It seems the only answer is to go inside and find a way to beat it or something.” The trainee explained.

Pain in the ass. “Alright well… no time like the present,” Mythal said, beginning to move past the Rune Knight.

“Sir? Do you want some of us to go with you?” He could see the kid’s wanton for adventure. It was why he had signed up for the Knights after all – to live an exciting life by defending the realm.

But mysteries like this were dangerous. “Not this time, pal. Better I go in and see what’s goin’ on. Next time though,” he did his best to phrase it right. Mythal didn’t want to be responsible for babysitting a group of Rune Knights if things went to hell. If it was Serilda or Markus, he’d have no problem with them coming along. But they weren’t here.

So it was up to him, apparently.

Hargeon PortFairy Tail
    2005/3500

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 15th December 2018, 9:44 pm

The heavy stone doors of the tower slammed shut, echoing up the stairwell that ascended towards the peak. As Mythal took a moment to take some steps forward and follow the stairwell that led up to the second floor, he snorted softly. The air in here smelled strange; like it had been resting inside a cave for a long time and had only recently found freshness. Based on how it looked outside, this probably wasn’t far from the truth. The room he had entered into was nothing more than an entry way, by the look of it. With no other choice, the God Slayer made his way to the staircase and began to slowly ascend each step. His footsteps echoed as he went up, the sound of it reverberating back down to him as he approached the second level. He slowed his pace as he stepped into the top half of the first room, disappearing onto the next platform.

“Hello there, young man!” Mythal was just a little bit surprised – okay, a lot a bit – to find a man sitting behind a bar. There was a sign above the open window of it, with letters and words that he didn’t recognize. The man looked fairly human in comparison to most, though one eye was a bit droopy compared to the other. He chuckled as he set his gaze upon the God Slayer, rubbing his hands together. “Come to challenge the Tower?”

Mythal blinked and cocked his head. “I’m just here to find out what it’s doin’ here.”

“Ah but the tower is the utmost challenge to worthy fighters. It is meant to bring the strongest warriors from the lands to face our grand champion, Demi-God of the Storms, Susano,” the man explained, bowing his head as he named his lord. “And I am here to provide aid to those that ascend higher and higher to his throne room.”

“Provide aid? Like heal them? Give weapons?” Mythal asked, walking over to the counter to look the man over.

“Oh no, I’m not healer. But I can provide weapons especially useful against certain creatures in this tower. Or stones that can unlock your locked away powers. You can even-…”

“Wait…” Mythal said, holding a hand up. “Locked away powers? The hell is that?”

“You are a wizard, I can tell. One of impressive might. But to challenge Susano, you must go through trials and build up your power once more. Your connection to your magic has been hampered, for a time. Defeat creatures in here and they will return.”

Mythal scoffed. So not only was this Tower some kind of proving ground for a selfish god looking to test his might but he also cut down wizard’s powers when they entered. No wonder people had come in here and perished – relying on their strengths quickly became a crutch when their spells had been taken from them. “And what would Susano think if I just knocked his stupid tower to the ground?” Mythal asked, his hand curling into a fist.

“You wouldn’t be the first to try but you’re more than welcome. This Tower was constructed by the gods and to strike it down is to insult them personally. I’ve seen many a man and woman break their limbs trying to punch their way through. Doing so left them quite unprepared to ascend the challenges. But do as you wish,” the man waved at the wall beside his shop.

Even better – he could hurt himself trying to break the structure to the ground. Mythal growled and let his arm drop back to his side. “So how do people buy your goods?” he asked, nodding to the various items behind the shopkeeper.

“Ah with gold, of course. The creatures in this tower drop both gold and stones to return your power. Each item has a price and if you have the bags of gold required for it, I’ll happily make the exchange,” the man explained. He made use of a pouch he had on the bar, moving it from one hand to the other to symbolize it changing hands. He then pushed a small item from the previous hand to the one that had traded the gold.

It was like he didn’t think Mythal knew how purchasing items worked. “Fine. Let’s take this challenge. Where to first?”

The shopkeeper waved behind Mythal and as the God Slayer turned, he found a small but steep staircase that led to a door. He glanced back at the shopkeeper once more before he climbed up the stairs and pushed his way through the door. What he found beyond was a bar – much like the ones that Mythal had been in over his years. As the door slammed shut, he took a moment to look around the room and see what he could see. Nothing seemed out of place, nothing was popping out that would make him think he had entered enemy territory. He stepped over to the bar and leaned over to look behind it. Nothing hiding behind. The back cabinet and shelves were empty though…

As he turned to survey the rest of the room, he spotted a chest in the corner of the room. Actually, it was three of them set right next to one another. Slowly he walked over, his head cocked as he looked them over. As he stood before them, he took a moment to lean each way to look around them. Maybe they were inside? Best to get the drop on them then. He widened his stance a little, prepared to attack as soon as he opened up the top. He hesitated only for a moment longer before he grabbed the edge of the top and pulled upwards.

Teeth; sharp, jagged, blood-coated teeth met his vision as soon as he opened up the chest. All three chests sprung along, their tops opening and revealing the rows of teeth that wanted to bite in and tear at his flesh. They snarled and sprang at him, Mythal just barely ducking and rolling out of the way. His magic converged on his arm, luckily still capable of creating his reliable gauntlet. As he came up on his feet, he leapt forward and slammed his hand into the first chest’s body. His strength tore through the creature’s form and sent a spray of splinters flying all over the immediate area.

He turned just in time to uppercut the next one attacking him, ripping the Mimic in half with one mighty blow. The last one came at him from below, trying to chomp down on his feet. The God Slayer leapt up and landed on the nearest table, carefully balancing on the flat surface. The Mimic followed after him, snarling and snapping its jaws. Mythal flipped over it and came down towards the bar’s floor once more. But his hand came around and landed a heavy hammer strike through the top of the camouflaging creature’s top, slamming its own teeth into itself. And then he thrust his arm through its back, reducing it to wooden splinters as well.

As the spray of wood cleared, another door had appeared practically right beside him. And in front of it were three linen bags, full to the top. He opened one to assure that it was, in fact, gold. The sparkling coins glittered at him along with a single rainbow colored stone that rested on the top. He took the stone out and pocketed it before he tied the top shut and picked up the trio in his hands.

“Ahh look at that! It’s been a few days since someone made it past the first room!” The storekeeper greeted him as Mythal exited the bar, holding his hands high. The God Slayer walked up and dropped the three bags on the bar. “And with riches too.”

“Something to give me my strength back. Physical strength,” he explained. He could feel it in his attacks; his strength had waned too. He could go without his more advanced spells if need be. He’d just punch everyone in his way.

“Ahh of course,” the man said, taking the bags and depositing them behind the counter. He then pulled out a small, black stone and placed it on top. “This will give you back your speed and strength. But only for a little while.”

“I only need a little while,” Mythal said as he pocketed the stone. He turned back and found the door he had come in was gone and another steep staircase and new door had appeared. So be it.
    He burst through this door, practically knocking it off its hinges. As he rolled to his feet, he found himself standing before five half-dead creatures. They were once humans and, by the looks of it, villagers of this town. One of them was even a former Rune Knight by the look of his uniform.

All five of them leapt at him at the same time, their gnarled hands stretching out to grab at him. Mythal rolled underneath them, sliding along the ground before he found a firm grip. He was back on his feet in no time, charging back at the creatures as they slowly got to their feet and turned to face him. As his armored hand tore through the first zombie’s face, rendering its head to nothing more than meat and bone chunks, he felt right again. His strength had returned and now these monstrosities would feel it. He pulled his chest back to avoid a swipe at his head and sent another life-ending punch to the aggressor, spraying even more gore with it.

He felt a sharp pain across his back, as a clawed hand swiped at him from behind. He turned and buried his fist into the torso of another zombie, this time the Rune Knight one. He followed it up with a hard punch to the neck, knocking the creature to the ground. Mythal spun around, holding his right hand out, and rammed it through the last two creatures one after the other, dropping their bodies to the ground to join their brethren.

He winced as he stretched his back, feeling the fresh cuts underneath. But he wasn’t going to stop there. A new door appeared and fifteen bags of gold sat before it. Mythal grabbed the bags and used the strings around each one to tie them together so he could carry them easier. He kicked open the door that led to a new level with the same shopkeeper there, awaiting him. He walked up to the bar but didn’t drop the bags. “Those were people; innocent people that didn’t deserve to die just for their curiosity.”

“It is the challenge of the Tower. Even Demi-God of the Storms, Susano, is a prisoner of this place. He ventured to challenge the Tower, surpassing each and every stage. But there was no grand champion at the time and so when he ascended to the last level, it was required he stay and challenge any that come his way. None have made it to him…” The storekeeper pointed behind Mythal. “Until you.”

Mythal turned to face the door, the final one leading to the top of the tower. He tossed a look back at the shopkeeper, still not happy about this entire ordeal. “That ain’t gonna happen to me if I beat him, is it?” he asked, his voice fierce.

“Of course not. If the champion is beaten, the challenger is freed. And the Tower rests for another century until it is ready to take a new champion in.”

He didn’t like this shopkeeper. But at this point, he didn’t have any other options. With a sigh, he scaled the steps and pushed open the door, entering the champion’s domain.

Hargeon PortFairy Tail
    3968/3500

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 15th December 2018, 10:37 pm

This was no room. It was the top of the tower. Somehow the roof had opened up and disappeared and now Mythal was standing on the flat surface of the structure’s peak. The moon hung high in the sky, nearly where it was when he had journeyed into the tower not that long ago. As he looked around his surroundings, he heard a chuckle from above him.

“It seems a challenger has come to face me at last.”

Mythal glanced up and saw a man in the sky, hovering to and fro. He looked like a man from Midi;  he was wearing a loose blue silk top that covered half his chest, a large rope belt that tied in the front, loose white pants with wind designs along the knees and his sandals that tucked into his feet. A long sword rested on his shoulders, with four notches on its bladed side that made it look like a saw. A bamboo hat rested on his head, covering his face for the most part. “I’m just here to get this tower out of the city so it stops hurtin’ people,”

Susano brought his head up to look at Mythal, his dark eyes seeming to fume with fire. “A noble deed. You have my respect. But you will not be bringing the Tower down. For I cannot be defeated.”

“How ‘bout you tell me that again in a minute or so?” Mythal said, spreading his legs. He reached back for Curse, ready to meet the man head on, blade for blade… but found nothing there. He grabbed blindly for the handle but there was none to be had. He cocked his head and looked for it but found absolutely nothing. “You’ve gotta be kiddin’ me…” He growled.

As he turned his gaze back around, Susano was already moving. He dashed right for the God Slayer, his body moving quickly as he brought the sword up and aimed for him. Mythal dove over the blade just as it came through the air in front of him, just barely avoiding the strike. The Demi-God followed up with a spinning move, trying to clip the God Slayer as he got to his feet. It did hit him in his shoulder, causing Mythal to stumble. With the opening there, Susano swung his sword over his head, the blade flashing with lightning and surrounded by dark clouds, and slammed it into the ground. From the stone floor came a mighty tornado, roaring out from ground. Mythal was caught in it, lifted from the floor and sent spiraling through the cyclone. It brought him all the way up into the sky and then flung him away, his body sailing off into the night.

“You were brave, noble warrior,” Susano said, bowing his head as he put his sword back on his shoulders. “But my might is undeniable. For I am the Demi-God of the Storms.”

“Fun fact,” Mythal’s voice came from the sky. The Demi God turned but met the business end of Mythal’s armored fist, the punch slamming right into his stomach. As he gasped for air, Mythal pulled the arm back and sent another punch into his face, knocking him backwards. Mythal landed on the ground, his Sky Ring losing its glow as he did so. “I’m a God Slayer.”

The Demi-God reached up and rubbed his jaw, humming as he did so. “Impressive. But how long can you hold out?”

“Try me, pal,” Mythal responded, slamming his armored fist into his bare one. The Demi-God smirked and brought his sword forward, the blade ready and waiting. There was only a moment of silence before both of them charged, each one practically sailing across the floor. Susano sliced at Mythal, the strike roaring with thunder as he did so. The God Slayer moved slightly to the side and then slammed his fist into Susano’s chest, lifting him up from the ground. Before the samurai could recover, Mythal began to rain punches down upon him, one after the other hitting his chest, face, arms, anything he could possibly get to.

When he finished, Mythal was panting. The magic over his arm weakened and the dissipated into the night sky. He stared at the Demi-God, still standing before him but unmoving. For a moment, the God Slayer wasn’t sure he had done any real damage at all. But then Susano’s weapon clattered to the ground, followed right after by his body. He came to his knees, panting and groaning gently. But as he raised his head, there was a smile on his face. “You’ve… freed me,”

And then he fell onto his front, unmoving. The space around them closed in, the roof folding in on the mighty spire. A single circle of magic appeared just beyond Susano’s body, along with the shopkeeper from below. He was grinning.

“Well done. Seems you’ve mastered the Tower. And now it’s time to claim your prize…”

Mythal prepared himself; he was sure he didn’t trust this shopkeeper to hold true to his word. But much to his surprise, the odd man brought forth a set of four boxes and put them on the ground. “One of these shall be yours. You kept the gold from before and along with the ten bags of gold that comes from defeating our mighty Demi-God, you have enough to pick one – but just one.”

“What are they?” Mythal asked, gesturing to them.

“Surprises that shall aid you in your journey. These three are items of extreme power; this one merely turns your offered gold into the currency of the realm,” he said, explaining the boxes before him.

Jewels sounded nice. But frankly, after everything he had gone through, he was curious to what the items were. Slowly Mythal walked over to the set prizes, looking between them carefully. Finally he decided upon one of them, picking up a light blue box. “A’ight,” he said, holding it up.

“A good choice, my friend. Now feel free to depart from the Tower at your leisure. And thank you for your participation,” the man said smoothly, bowing his head.

Mythal eyed the man for a moment longer before he moved over to the teleportation circle, stepping into it carefully. It began to glow and then he was gone, reappearing on the docks right outside the bridge. The Tower began to rumble, the stone bridge falling apart and crashing into the ocean. The Tower itself began to sink down under the waves, its form getting smaller and smaller with every moment passed. Finally it was gone, buried deep in the ocean floor for at least a century.

Or so he had been told. He sighed and looked down at the box in his hand but found it… gone? He blinked in surprise.

“The truth of the matter is, no matter what box you chose, I was going to be your prize,” a familiar voice said. Mythal whirled around to see a very small, dwarf Susano standing on the dock, looking as mysterious and vague as he had when he was full size.

“Wait… what…?”

“You are a worthy adversary. And now that I’m free, I believe accompanying you shall provide me with insight and exposure to this new world. It has been a very long time since I’ve been outside of that Tower,” the man explained, turning his head up so he could meet Mythal’s gaze. “We haven’t been formally introduced; I am Susano, Demi-God of the Storms. Who are you, mighty God Slayer?”

“Uh… Mythal. Ragnos.”

“Mythal Ragnos. I do believe you and I shall make a great team together,” the samurai said, nodding with affirmation. Mythal could only stare blankly down at the miniaturized Demi-God, unsure what more to say. His prize was… the former champion of the Tower? A samurai and a Demi-God? How in the actual hell was he going to explain this to Serilda?

Hargeon PortFairy Tail
    5287/3500

Current date/time is 20th May 2024, 3:03 am