Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Hosenka House of Horrors (Event w/ Vincent)

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Witchfire
    Position : None
    Guild : Aurora Guild Ace
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 6
    Experience : 21556.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cards of the Uncrowned Saint
    Second Skill: Celestial Spirit Magic
    Third Skill:

Hosenka House of Horrors (Event w/ Vincent) Empty Hosenka House of Horrors (Event w/ Vincent)

Post by Elvira Arcade 14th October 2018, 10:16 pm

I'll be here...
    Elvira Arcade
    Hosenka's normally bright color scheme had been replaced with somewhat more somber black and orange tones to accompany the local festival of the dead. Strings of glowing gourds and small wrought-iron lanterns swayed gently in the chill night air of the busy streets as people milled about in spooky costumes, pushing their way towards one attraction or another. The crowds of tourists seemed undeterred by the sudden appearance of the Pumpkin King, or the unnaturally dark skies above that framed the glowing moon in the sky. Though reports of the mysterious moon pollen's effects were becoming more widespread, they were apparently not enough to deter the local population from venturing out to enjoy some revelry in the dark.

Elvira had voluntold Vincent he was coming to help the volunteer Magic Council guard who were overseeing the area in case of a severe outbreak, but it quickly became apparent that she was far more interested in the town's legendary haunted house than she was in overseeing the safety of the community...besides she could do both.

The plucky Minstrel girl had somehow managed to make a "slutty" black knight costume complete with armor and gauntlets, one of which was wrapped around Vincent's hand while the other clutched a toy shield she was using to gently push the crowds out of her way as she lead the pair towards towering old house on a hill at the end of the street.

The line outside, leading up to the ominous structure, was absolutely huge and guarded by a booth tended by a burly woman taking tickets; ushers in skeleton costumes lead small groups up through the old iron gate and to the foreboding wooden doors adorned with tarnished golden knockers in the shape of dragon heads.

"Almost there! Isn't it great! The old woman took me every year!" Elvira said cheerfully, for the tenth time. At this point Vincent could no doubt recite the history of the place by heart, how it was moved board by board from it's original lands at the edge of the Sin Wall and how every year someone else died there under mysterious circumstances. It was all obviously a marketing ploy, but the starry-eyed fan girl wasn't brooking any dissent.

Truthfully, Elvira was excited for many reasons: It was her first time back in months for one thing; it was also a chance to pretend to get scared and throw herself at the white-haired wizard behind her for another.

"This is a date right? I mean I asked him to do something with me not strictly work-related, he didn't (because I didn't let him), and now here we are...this is definitely a date!" She nodded to herself.

Perhaps most importantly though...it was her first time going to the House of Horror without her mentor, she'd been trying hard to hide the pain and bury it under her excitement at being with her partner...but the discomfort was there all the same. As they drew closer she kept noticing vendors they'd visited, foods they'd eaten...it was hard not to cry. She would subconsciously squeeze Vincent's hand each time it happened to remind herself she wasn't alone.

Finally the pair made it to the back of the line.

"Almost there!" She said excitedly.
    OOC Comments
    0542/4000 words
    Spoooky~
    pyxis

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hosenka House of Horrors (Event w/ Vincent) MNaPexz

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Hosenka House of Horrors (Event w/ Vincent) Empty Re: Hosenka House of Horrors (Event w/ Vincent)

Post by King Zenshin 23rd October 2018, 10:56 am

Elvira certainly had an interesting choice in attire for this mission of ours. Contrary to his demeanor, the white haired mage was not above donning a disguise during this particular time of year. He wore a mask in the shape of a fox and had a pair of corresponding ears popping out of his head. While from afar one may believe the ears to simply be a cheaply made prop, in reality they were quite real and served as an exercise for the young mage to improve his control of the transformative powers of the artifact which never left his neck.

Vincent had never seen his partner more excited than she was now, though he strongly doubted that her enthusiasm had anything to do with the job they were assigned. Instead, he believed that it had something to do with the structure that she was leading him to and for which Hosenka was famed: a haunted house with ingenious marketing behind it. "Yes yes I know Elvira, but are you certain that this is a good idea? The effects of this so-called 'Moon Pollen' are still disconcertingly unknown. This most recent report on the personality phenomenon are concerning - who knows what other effects this darkness could cause? I feel as though my talents are better spent trying to come up with an explanation or a solution to what has happened." Truthfully, the only reason Vincent was even allowing for the possibility of Elvira dragging him off to do something other than investigate precisely what has happened to the sky and the moon was because he didn't even know where to begin with such a massive scale issue - an issue that didn't even seem to phase his partner that seemed more chipper than ever. Wait... I really cannot recall the last time Elvira has been so excited - could it be that she has fallen prey to the personality altering effects of the darkened sky? It was something the mage would keep in the back of his mind.

When the two arrived at the back of the haunted house's line Vincent's eyes gazed upon the structure - it was massive! It was constructed like a decrepit château only with many more wings and other structures appended onto it. This would certainly take a lot longer to get through than he was expecting, only adding to his doubt about entering. Still, his doubt did not exceed his unwillingness to challenge Elvira's decision to visit the place, for assuming that she wasn't under the influence of the moon magic would mean that she was truly genuinely looking forward to visiting it. Vincent certainly did not want to deny her in her rare instance of excitement if that was the case. The line moved slowly as more and more of Hosenka's residents made their way into the structure until it was finally him and his partner queued up to be next. "Let's try and at least stick close to the exits. It would reflect quite poorly on us should anything happen and we were too deep into the mansion to quickly and effectively respond."

WC: 522

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Hosenka House of Horrors (Event w/ Vincent) Empty Re: Hosenka House of Horrors (Event w/ Vincent)

Post by Elvira Arcade 23rd October 2018, 4:40 pm

I'll be here...
    Elvira Arcade
    Elvira nodded quickly "Yeah for sure! I mean, I want to see everything, so we might not always be by an exit, but yes I understand." She said as she held up their tickets for the woman in the booth. The woman squinted and studied them for a moment, rolling her jowls from side to side with her meaty fist.

"You may enter. Welcome back..." She said, her tired eyes suddenly shining in the darkness as the black robed figures motioned them forward.

"She always says that! I think..." The wizard said, seemingly not flustered by the off-hand remark as they were lead up to the darkly stained wooden doors to await their turn for entry. As they stood quietly Elvira rocked up and down on the balls of her feet, glancing over and chuckling to herself as her keen eyes noticed one of Vincent's fox ears twitch. "He must really like foxes...it seems like a recurring theme. I wonder what he'd do if I started calling him 'The Fox'." If Vincent were to glance over he would notice Elvira staring at him intently with a mischievous, cat-like, grin from under her plastic helmet visor.

She didn't have time to finish the thought as the ominous doors opened into a pitch black room. The wizard squeezed her partner's hand and walked forwards into the foreboding space as the doors creaked closed behind them.

"It's different every year!" She whispered excitedly. "Last time I was here the place was decorated like there was going to be a big party, there were candles and fancy bouquets of dried flowers everywhere --then this creepy butler greeted us like 'Welcome to Hosenka's House of Horrors Prep...'"

"...pare for a night of spooks and scares, tricks and treats!" An eerie, nasal, male voice said --echoing through the hall as hundreds of candles set in sconces and on tables about the foyer lit simultaneously, revealing a the entryway of a mansion, clearly decorated for a party --complete with streamers and bouquets everywhere.

"O-oh...that's weird..." Elvira stammered in a whisper.

"But be careful! You never know what may happen..." The voice continued; the voice whose source was now clearly identifiable as a gaunt, pale, butler with a pencil-thin mustache at the top of a large double staircase that framed another set of doors. "Please, make your way to the party...but beware, they say the old widow who owned this manor house hanged herself on, why, a night much like tonight~" The man said with a flourish and a sinister cackle as he pointed downwards as the doors beneath him opened to reveal a long, dimly-lit, hallway flanked with suits of rusted Pergrandian Knight armor clutching very not-decorative seeming weapons.

Elvira shook off the strange coincidence and walked with Vincent into the next room, narrowly avoiding an axe that came chopping down from the right as one of the suits of armor lunged, prompting her to let out a very girlish squeak as she laughed and led the pair onwards. They progressed steadily through a number of well done but cliched "scary" rooms that seemed to delight the woman on Vincent's arm to no end. They were traveling down yet another cobweb filled hallway when Elvira stopped for a moment to examine a macabre portrait of a couple laying tastefully nude by a river as a dark figure with a knife watched them from the shadowy woods nearby.

"Hey Vincent." She gulped. "Do you ever think that maybe we could be more..." Her question was cut off from a very real-sounding scream and gargle from the room ahead. "That sounded kinda real." She said with concern as she walked with her partner briskly over to the door and cracked it open.

A grotesque scene awaited the pair on the other side of the door in what, ironically, appeared to be an elegant dining room with a faux window overlooking a dark countryside. Elvira recognized the man who'd come in ahead of them splayed out on the floor in a pool of blood, chest torn open, as three bizarre looking wolves with candles sticking out of their heads gnawed on his exposed rib cage.

"What the f***" She whispered, letting go of Vincent's hand for the first time all night and reaching for the cards strapped to her leg.
    OOC Comments
    1263/4000 words
    pyxis

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 26th October 2018, 5:25 pm

"Sort of like that?" he whispered back upon hearing the spooky butler essentially cut off the rest of Elvira's recounting of her last experience within the haunted house. They were surrounded by the same decor as well. Despite his better judgement telling him that such a coincidence should be regarded seriously due to the rather ominous state of the sky and Fiore in general he simply decided to write it off due to Elvira's weak reaction. If she doesn't think anything of this then I suppose we should just continue with the tour. Following an uncanny introduction, Elvira led the two of them onward through a path that had just opened below a set of staircases. As they progressed through the new hallway, suits of armor lost their grip on rather realistic looking weaponry which caused Vincent to let out equally girlish screams. Those weapons... hm. They couldn't be...? he thought as Elvira led him through various rooms with a shocking level of care put into the exhibits. Torture chambers, murder scenes, and other such rooms awaited the pair as they progressed deeper and deeper into the haunted house. A feeling of dread was growing in the pit of Vincent's stomach which he didn't know how to attribute. Either the haunted house was doing exactly what it was designed to do or there was something... off about this attraction. If a mage wasn't at least a little paranoid then they were as good as dead, so Vincent opted to lean towards the latter concern. His partner spoke up when they made it to a painting which added to the mood of the chateau before being interrupted by a scream. It didn't take a genius to figure out what she was about to ask given what prompted her to speak. Before he could think any more on the matter, the two were inside the next room - a dining room, and staring at death.

"Truthfully this is my first time in such an attraction, so I'm not sure if this is part of the experience." he began, grabbing Elvira's hand as she reached for her cards out of fear of her harming members of the haunted house staff. It wasn't outside the realm of possibility that these wolves were some form of takeover mage or otherwise magi capable of transformation. This question was answered when the fire on one of the wolf's candles turned a diseased green before it opened its mouth and a bright green flame slowly began to twist in the air towards him. He could feel that this was dangerous. "This is genuinely dangerous!" he shouted before quickly letting go of her hand and tearing out one of the axes that had nearly decapitated him on his way to the dining room. Let's test another idea. The ax flew from the hallway leading up to the room he and Elvira were in before flying over the green fire from which Vincent was currently running and embedded itself in the back of the wolf. "Those weapons would have done some real damage Elvira! I think this haunted house was replaced with a death trap. he said as he continued to move around the room. The green fire moved slowly through the air, but it relentlessly tracked his movements. As he was thinking about how to deal with an enemy which presumably had ferocious physical strength as well as magical abilities which seemed to be quite problematic, one of the two other wolves perched itself atop the dining table. It knocked plates to the ground which was the only reason Vincent even noticed that it had set its sights on him. The candle atop its head burned a blinding white before it opened its mouth.

Vincent was too late in looking away from the attack that was about to hit him and thus his eyesight gave out. I don't think this next attack is going to be as slow as the last one... were his only thoughts before he was knocked back against the hard wall of the room with light burns on his chest. The white fire burns quickly and brilliantly. I need to make sure to look away and dodge quickly when it tries to attack again. That's when he had a thought. I can still control that ax I embedded into that hound. Could I...? he thought as he tried to raise the ax ever so slightly. When he noticed that the candle wolf rose with the weapon he smiled. In an instant he moved such that the green flames were in between him and the beast that created it and then he controlled the ax so that it would get caught in the green flames. His idea was a success and, as he thought, the beast attached to the receiving end of the weapon flew into its own flames along with the weapon sticking out of it. With a hellish whimper the green flames ate through the monster until it was half dead, its bones and muscles being clearly visible now that its skin had been partly melted off. Despite his better judgement Vincent couldn't help to look towards his partner to see if she how she was dealing with the last of the three oddly durable candle wolves. And, of course, he found himself once again on the receiving end of a blinding blast of white flames. When Vincent had tried to move out of the way, he found himself unable to move from his current spot. The green flames still slowly floated towards him and he was incapable of moving evasively.

HP: 540
    MP: 780

WC: 1460

Missions Completed

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Elvira Arcade 27th October 2018, 11:21 am

I'll be here...
    Elvira Arcade
    Elvira watched as Vincent seemed to control one of the axes from the hall of knights --clearly a weapon designed to kill. Finally, she snapped out of the nostalgic haze she'd been in. She flicked a card into her hand and, with the other, clutched the golden key hanging from a chain around her neck.

"Open, gate of the Maiden! Virgo!" She shouted as a shimmering portal of light appeared behind her --Virgo was clearly already aware of the situation. A pair of silvered chains burst out of the portal and wrapped around one of the wolves. The chains pulled taught and Virgo came flying out of the gateway, using the metal links, which were connected to the shackles on her wrists, to yank the creature up into her foot as she booted it up through the chandelier, causing a raise of crystal fragments to cascade down into the room. The effect of warm glowing candles reflecting through the falling prisms was actually quite a sight to look upon, before the decayed wolf smashed through the table and ruined the scene.

Virgo stood dressed in a black and gold jacket instead of her normal attire, it gave off a very gothic appearance --perhaps she'd wanted to dress up for the party as well. There was little time to compliment her outfit selection however as the wolf fired a glowing ball of electricity which Elvira narrowly avoided before summoning her sword into her hand and charging forwards. She swung the magical blade of her weapon upwards in a wide arc, catching the wolf on the snout and sending it's blood flying in all directions as she moved passed it and spun around to take a defensive stance and survey the situation.
    OOC Comments
    1554/4000 words
    HP: 500/500
    MP: 675/775
    Gate Key of the Maiden: 8 Rounds Left
    The Sword Princess: 7 Rounds Left
    Candle Wolf 3: 4/6 Hits Remaining
    @King Zenshin
    pyxis

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 27th October 2018, 12:50 pm

It seems she's doing okay. Good. he thought once he saw Elvira and Virgo holding their own against the third wolf. While in most situations being stiff as a board would lead to some unpleasant situations, Vincent was specifically adept at dealing with effects such as this paralysis. The wizard managed to move himself out of the way of a third blast by the wolf with a small white flame burning on its head by translating himself in space. Despite looking ridiculous, Vincent was just glad that he was still able to move. In addition, he was still able to use his magic. That being the case, he decided it was as good a time as any to test out a new weapon that he had recently commissioned from a famed blacksmith. A pair of complementary weapons whose blades were slightly longer than those of daggers formed in the air in front of him. Due to his ability to control objects in space so long a they weren't magically bound to another, he had no issue in using his weapons offensively. The two blades were launched forward at the half dead wolf which still had an ax lodged within its back. Both quickly left deep cuts on either side of its body while Vincent removed the ax from its current position just so that it could attack in the same place again. Shockingly it still seemed as though it was charging up another attack, a stronger attack. Before it could finish this action, Vincent removed the ax one last time and used it to separate the beast's head from its body. This final strike was finally enough to end the monster whose candle light flickered and eventually faded as the killing blow was made. The moment the head of the monster made contact with the rotting wooden floor the wolf's body liquefied into a puddle of a pitch black... substance. Vincent had no idea what it could be but made a mental note to try and avoid it.

His attention quickly shifted to the wolf with the white fire who was similarly in the middle of charging a more powerful fire attack than the ones which he had bit hurt by before. Unlike the situation with the wolf with the green fire, however, he knew that he didn't have the time to destroy it considering it was currently completely healthy. So, believing his control of his two blades to be sufficiently precise, Vincent quickly manipulated them in such a way so that one of them stabbed through the top of the beast's maw and the other stabbed through the bottom, essentially forcing its mouth closed. Rather mindlessly, what Vincent could only describe as an undead hound continued with its attack which did enough damage to cause the jaw to come off. The scholar, knowing this meant that he was no longer able to keep the mouth of the monster closed, decided it would be best to retract his blades to either side of his body which he felt was regaining its motor movement. Looks like I'm finally recovering from whatever it was that getting hit by that thing's attack did to me. Very soon I'll be able to mount an effective counterattack.

HP: 540
    MP: 712.5

WC: 2003

Candle Wolf 1: 0/6 Hits Remaining
    Candle Wolf 2: 3/6 Hits Remaining

Missions Completed

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Elvira Arcade 28th October 2018, 12:37 pm

I'll be here...
    Elvira Arcade
    Elvira shot a quick glance at Vincent to make sure he was alright before returning her attention to the bizarre wolf creature in front of her. Its haunches tensed and it launched itself at her, gnarled claws scrapping across the ground as it plowed towards her at full speed. She jumped into the air, spinning her body in a tight circle like a top as she aligned the flat of her blade with the wolf's throat while using the absurd amount of momentum she'd gained to slam the creature down into the floor. The rotting predator landed on it's side and started trying to scramble to it's feet while the wizard deftly spun the sword's pommel over the back of her hand, catching it as it came around and driving the blade of the weapon into the wolf's stomach. She wrapped her free arm around the foul smelling creature's neck and yanked it closer with her arm and legs, trapping it against her body. As disgusting as it was to be bear hugging a rotting animal it did lock the creatures snapping maw behind her head, preventing it from doing any damage with its teeth as it struggling to pull free of the sword in its guts --resulting in further damage as its intestines began to jiggle free of its torso.

Virgo assessed the situation with her calm blue eyes and leapt into the air, punching downwards and disappearing through the floor and as it bent and splintered around her fist. The remaining wolf that was preparing for another charge at Vincent was taken off guard  when the gothic pink-haired woman in chains came crashing out of the ground underneath it. Wood and earth spewed in every direction as the Celestial Spirit's chains wrapped around the monster's body. The muscles in Virgo's arms rippled and flexed as she held the monster in place, bound in her chains, as she looked at Vincent expectantly.

Meanwhile Elvira held the other wolf tightly as it twitched and spasmed. She stared passed the struggling creature as whatever sinister force animating it slipped away. Elvira looked at the hideously disfigured man that the creatures had been gnawing on --she'd seen death before, but nothing like this. It was truly horrifying to behold and yet, the only reaction Elvira could muster was contemplation as her eyes drifted and looked off into space while the wolf died in her arms.
    OOC Comments
    1957/4000 words
    Gate Key of the Maiden: 7 Rounds Left
    The Sword Princess: 6 Rounds Left
    Candle Wolf 3: 0/6 Hits Remaining
    Candle Wolf 3: 2/6 Hits Remaining - Immobilized
    @King Zenshin
    pyxis

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 28th October 2018, 5:27 pm

Vincent was about as surprised as his foe when a pink haired beast erupted from the damp wood on which the dining room was built. A violent dance was performed by the wolf which was currently bound by Virgo - the zodiac summon most renowned for its physical strength. As such, it was increasingly apparent that the wolf in question would not be freed any time soon, allowing for the white haired mage to take a breath. With a long exhale, the white haired mage pressed his back against one of the walls and sat down while making subtle gestures with his hand. Both of his weapons left their previous position and shot to either side of what remained of the monster's skull before doing what it is that sharp blades do best. "Thank you Virgo. The injury I sustained at the beginning of this little skirmish left something to be desired from my fighting ability." he said, recalling his blades into their sheathes after a quick motion to clean them off. It would be a while before they dissipated, so he had no qualms with taking a short breather after what had just happened. "You know Elvira, I'm no expert in the matters of putting off one's duties, but I figured that doing so would involve not getting any work done." As Vincent voiced his attitude towards his expectations of a good time being undermined by second degree burns, he held up his palm and created a familiar sphere of perfectly clear water before slowly applying it to his chest. His wounds healed almost instantaneously upon contact from the magical liquid. He stood up and, while he didn't feel like he was at his own personal best, he was still feeling good enough to operate normally.

He stood up and looked over to Elvira now who smelled of decay. Now that the adrenaline was fading he was beginning to pick up on the scents around him, the very grotesque scents. "I think we ought to have this attraction shut down for the time being and after that it would probably be best if he tracked down that 'butler' who greeted us and essentially put us in this death trap when we first walked in." Vincent wasn't about to admit it, but until the actual dead bodies he was actually enjoying his journey through the grim house with Elvira and, as such, was a bit disappointed that they had to get back to work. The wizard was no stranger to corpses - he had seen plenty of skeletons before, but he was careful to avert his eyes from the mangled body that he had first seen before the fight. There was a stark difference between a skeleton whose story was unknown and whose scent was absent and a twisted and rotting pile of flesh. It was clear what had happened and the imagery disturbed him when he thought about it. With a gesture from his hand Vincent began his exit back the way the two came and, upon finally exiting, saw that the line had moved quite a bit since he and Elvira went in. A pit formed in his stomach as he had not noticed anyone on the way out. This question was pushed to the back of his head as he raised his arms up to address the crowd. "The haunted house has been closed by order of the Magic Council until further notice. My apologies for the inconvenience." Confused groans among the crowd were raised, but they recognized his authority and dispersed soon enough leaving only the one who was letting people in. "Magic Council, huh? That's pretty serious. But you don't have to tell me twice that work's done early." The black robed woman left without much more than a shrug. "Alright Elvira, you should lead the way. I don't have the schematics of this place etched into my mind like some of us."

WC: 2661

HP: 640

Missions Completed

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Elvira Arcade 28th October 2018, 8:12 pm

I'll be here...
    Elvira Arcade
    Elvira finally released her death grip on the wolf in her arms and slid her sword out from its guts. She swung it in a wide arc, spraying the dining room wall with a trail of blood as she looked down at the remains of both the wolf and the man with a scrunched up nose before checking on Vincent.

Virgo let go of the chains in her hands and the wolf whose head had been twice impaled slid to the ground.

"Of course, Sir Gauss." She said in response to the man's gratitude before following the pair of wizards back out the way they'd come.

"I think we ought to have this attraction shut down for the time being and after that it would probably be best if he tracked down that 'butler' who greeted us and essentially put us in this death trap when we first walked in." Vincent stated matter-of-factly as they made their way back through the rooms. Truthfully Elvira was impressed he remembered the route. While the white-haired mage led the trio she had time to glance over the details of each room as they passed. She couldn't decide if she was recalling her first trip through this configuration of the house or the trip that began earlier this evening, but things seemed out of place. Still, they thankfully made it to the exit unscathed, where Vincent warned off the rest of the crowd. The ushers, local kids she suspected, dropped their hoods and accepted the authority of the wizards when told to close up shop. Elvira's golden gaze turned towards the ticket booth, which was conspicuously empty.

"Alright Elvira, you should lead the way. I don't have the schematics of this place etched into my mind like some of us." Vincent said.

Elvira nodded and lifted her sword into a ready position with both hands wrapped around the grip and proceeded back into the mansion, this time instead of going through the double doors in the main hall she lead them up to the top of the staircase.

"If it's laid out the same way it was before...this is where everyone should exit from..." She explained as she cautiously glanced around. Virgo watched the rear as she made her way to the back of the ornately decorated landing and to a long hallway lined with closed doors. The group carefully made their way down them one at a time, pushing them open to discover macabre scenes of carnage which looked perfectly staged for maximum fright. The bodies, unfortunately, were anything but special effects she realized with a grimace as she touched the still-warm skin of a woman in a white dress with a knife through her stomach on one of the beds. The group slowly confirmed with every room that none of the victims of this hideous attraction thus far were still alive as they went down the corridor before finally stopping in front of a door with a rather out of place looking glowing red sign which read "staff only". She glanced over at Vincent and slowly pushed the door open to reveal a darkened service corridor behind the rooms where a series of Magitek panels connected by wires probably ran the more advanced of the attractions special effects. One didn't need to be an expert detective to notice the blood stains and claw marks on the walls. The dim lights of the corridor flickered intermittently as they quietly made their way forwards, following the trail.
    OOC Comments
    2542/4000 words
    Gate Key of the Maiden: 6 Rounds Left
    The Sword Princess: 5 Rounds Left
    @King Zenshin
    pyxis

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 29th October 2018, 4:03 pm

Sir Gauss Vincent tried to hold back a wince as best he could. He wasn't sure if he should voice his disdain for the title which he had left behind in his homeland or if he should try his best to disregard it. He could never get a good read on Virgo; the answer to whether the zodiac was a mischievous master of deadpan or if she was completely serious in absurd ways would always elude him.

As requested, Elvira took the lead and the two headed up the staircase on which the butler had greeted them earlier in the night. During the trio's trip through the hallway that should lead to the exit they noticed more exhibits that, in any other situation, would be regarded as cheesy. Now, however, the scenes were twisted into something Vincent couldn't help but look away from. Unfortunately, in some cases, he wasn't able to avert his gaze quickly enough and wound up meeting eyes with some of the fresh corpses in whatever position they happened to be placed. He felt as though he was going to be too sick to continue, for this was Vincent's first real encounter with what he would consider evil just for the sake of it. There could be no reason for so much death. At least when they were cursed it was to pursue some end - there was a sensible reason for the misdeeds. This, though. We need to hurry up and find out who did this. Vincent took the lead when the two entered the maintenance hallway, as there was really only one way to go: the way of the blood. Vincent was also much more slippery, by his own estimates, meaning that if there were any traps on the way to the suspect then he would have a much better chance of evading them then his two partners. Thankfully there were no more rooms filled with bodies that they had to pass by while making their way through the service corridor. Vincent made sure to keep an eye out for traps, but given that there really hadn't been any on the way here he was less worried about the possibility. Eventually the blood and claw marks led to a door that was suspiciously left ajar. The white haired wizard cautiously pushed through and noticed that the room was dark. Before he could pull out one of his many scrolls to remedy the problem, a couple spotlights turned on - one on the trio and one on a well dressed figure that stood at the center of what could now be recognized as a ballroom.

Not a few moments later, more spotlights turned on to reveal elegantly dressed figures in ballroom dresses and regal suits. These figures all seemed to be frozen in various positions of dance. There had to be at least fifty pairs in the giant room which were all placed a fixed distance out from the butler who had greeted them upon first entering. "I'm impressed! It's not often that my pets are turned to prey." The butler clapped twice and the room was flooded by light from the rest of the spotlights. A classical waltz began to echo around the walls. "Year after year I genuinely try to impress those who come here, but all I do is disappoint. This year, though, I think I managed to figure out how to really scare the guests of the chateau. No one believed their friends were disappearing in the haunted house - in fact, it just encouraged more people to come and see what the fuss was about. I can guarantee you that this year, no one left disappointed." Vincent was speechless. This must be the effects of the pitch black sky. I refuse to believe otherwise. Assuming that's the case, though... Before Vincent could think about how one could punish someone for acts they committed while under the complete control of a malevolent force over which they had no control, the butler leaped from his position and towards the three.

WC: 3339

Missions Completed

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Elvira Arcade 29th October 2018, 8:21 pm

I'll be here...
    Elvira Arcade
    The gaunt butler charged across the ballroom at top speed, coat tails flapping in the breeze as his lithe legs carried him at an impossibly fast speed towards them. Elvira dropped into a crouch and readied her sword --a single bead of sweat dripping down her forehead as she prepared to engage in a pitched battled for her life.

As the butler leapt into the air Virgo jumped up to meet him, grabbing his arm and twisting it behind his back with a sickening snapping sound as she slammed him down into the ballroom floor, rendering the sinister man totally immobile.

"That was...easier than I expected." Elvira said, breathing a sigh of relief as the man struggled weakly beneath the overpowering Celestial Spirit. "Let's go find some of the Rune Knights." Elvira said, gesturing towards the exit.

"Hehehe...mwahahaha...BWAHAHAHAHA." The Butler starts to cackle manically as his body splits apart beneath the Spirit Holding him in place. His arms and legs seem to rip free of his body as his torso and head fall limp, making it questionable whether he was even a human to begin with. The arms and legs skitter off in separate directions and slowly begin to bubble and twist --morphing into grotesque pumpkin creatures.

"F***...." Elvira muttered as one of the mutant abominations soared into the air and pounced on her, sinking it's teeth into her shoulder and sending her sprawling onto the ground. The wizard stabbed her sword into the creature's neck while Virgo hopped off the lifeless torso under her knee and uppercut one of the creatures running towards he before kicking it in the side.

Elvie continue wrestling with the monster on top of her as she stretched her fingers down towards her thigh, finally managing to snatch a card from it and hold it up, calling forth a circle of black mirrors around her attacker. Moments later the beast was skewered from every angle by spears of ice, collapsing on her. Elvira used her short, but powerful, legs to throw the beast off her and roll up onto her feet, glancing around the eerie ballroom for the rest of the monsters.
    OOC Comments
    2901/4000 words
    HP: 440/500
    MP: 585/775
    Gate Key of the Maiden: 6 Rounds Left
    The Sword Princess: 5 Rounds Left
    Kinpup: 4/6 Hits Remaining
    Kinpup 2: 6/6 Hits Remaining
    Kinpup 3: 6/6 Hits Remaining
    @King Zenshin
    pyxis

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 29th October 2018, 10:37 pm

Collapse thought the white haired mage who wanted to get out of this death trap as uninjured as possible. A small black mass appeared in the air above the center of the ballroom. Soon, the black mass would attract only the three pumpkin hound amalgamations that reminded him of the beasts he had encountered when fighting alongside the guild's gardener. Once the "pupkins" were off of the ground and hovering around his miniature black hold, Vincent would control his twin blades to leave their sheathes and travel to where the monsters were floating. Taking advantage of their temporarily immobilization, he would have his blades slice through their weak flesh as many times as he could before having to activate the second part of his spell. As it turned out this number happened to be two each. After the initial injuries were inflicted, the wizard's blades returned to his hands the the small black hole violently exploded. A pile of three half wolf half pumpkins could be seen at the center of the room. "Alright, our wo-" before he could finish, he noticed the kinpups getting up off of the ground and assuming an aggressive stance. Vincent's eyes widened considering that he had used two of his most powerful spells in his attack. "These creatures are more durable than expected. It's almost as if I didn't just attack them with spells I considered to be quite potent." His previous feelings of sickness now took a backseat to intrigue. He considered the possibility of bringing one back to his home for a dissection. "I'd like to ask you to please try to avoid turning these monsters to paste, Virgo. That request extends to you as well, Elvira. These little things have a durability that, I would say, is quite remarkable and I would like to take at least one back with us for study."

MP: 670.5

WC: 3652

Missions Completed

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Elvira Arcade 30th October 2018, 1:21 pm

I'll be here...
    Elvira Arcade
    "I'd like to ask you to please try to avoid turning these monsters to paste, Virgo. That request extends to you as well, Elvira. These little things have a durability that, I would say, is quite remarkable and I would like to take at least one back with us for study." Vincent requested after a rather impressive display of magical prowess that left the strange monsters momentarily disabled.

Both of Vincent's female companions slowly turned their heads towards him and blinked in unison with twin looks of disbelief on their faces. The first of the Kinpups got to its feet and charged at Virgo as she stared at the white-haired mage who'd made the absurd request. Without turning her head she snapped her forearm upwards 90 degrees and smashed the beast in the face as it attacked, sending it crashing back through several of the sinister-looking ballroom mannequins and into one of the walls.

Elvira, who didn't possess Virgo's ability to multi-task, was forced to shift her incredulous gaze away from her partner to face off against the other two assailants, who had made the wise decision to attack in unison. She gracefully twirled her blade and parried one their pumpkin-maws to the side, sending it sprawling, while lifting her forearm to smash her other attacker aside. It's odd mouth scrapped across her arm and left bloody marks in its wake as she grunted in pain. The arm-injury didn't stop Elvira from drawing a card into her offhand and sending a ghastly screaming skull made of sand hurling towards the grounded abomination. The skull struck the hound squarely in the side and caused it to explode in a hail of gore --the culmination of what was quite possibly a deliberate act of defiance on the feisty wizard's part.

Virgo on the other hand, seemed more level-headed (which was typical) and willing to take guidance. She darted across the room and caught the creature she'd bunted into the wall around its vine-like neck. The Spirit choked down with her bicep and forearm, putting the Halloween-themed nightmare into a sleeper hold. With one slowing loosing consciousness, and the other's bits slowly raining down from the ceiling, only one, extremely injured, foe remained, snarling at Vincent and determined to fight to the death.
    OOC Comments
    3281/4000 words
    HP: 380/500
    MP: 545/775
    Gate Key of the Maiden: 5 Rounds Left
    The Sword Princess: 4 Rounds Left
    Kinpup: 1/6 Hits Remaining
    @King Zenshin
    pyxis

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 30th October 2018, 5:37 pm

Well, two subjects is better than one. His twin blades began to emanate some light before Vincent completely vanished in the blink of an eye. He reappeared over the last of the wounded monsters and quickly drove both of his weapons into the top of its pumpkin skull. It soon collapsed, concluding the rather awful experience that befell the trio. The white haired wizard dispelled his blades and got off of the kinpup. "Thank you again, Virgo." With his hands over the lifeless body of the creature, Vincent whispered a small incantation which caused the target of his magic to vanish into thin air. The mage stood and walked over to the pink haired woman and made the same incantation directed at the half dog resting peacefully in her arms. Once again, the subject of his spell disappeared. "This is much more effective than carrying them around. Let's finally get out of here and take a stop at a medical facility of some kind." he said, pointing to the nasty looking wound that Elvira had sustained. It didn't appear to be a critical injury, but still bad enough for their next destination to be a doctor. Unfortunately Vincent used up his only effective means of healing injuries earlier. The white haired wizard took a breath now that all of the action had subsided and decided to lead the way back through the service corridor to the entrance of the haunted house, for he had made it a point to remember. All three of them would make it out of the attraction without much issue, but Vincent wasn't exactly familiar with the layout of Hosenka. "Well now that we're free, what do you think is the best course of action Elvira? And what do you think Virgo? How serious are her injuries, if you have any insight into such a thing? We can either go and report to the Magic Council what we've... stumbled upon in our investigation, or we can put that off to deal with the wounds you've sustained." There was a third option which was that he could report to the Magic Council alone while Elvira tended to her own injuries, but that possibility hadn't occurred to him.

WC: 4022

Missions Completed

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Elvira Arcade 31st October 2018, 10:51 am

I'll be here...
    Elvira Arcade
    "Well now that we're free, what do you think is the best course of action Elvira? And what do you think Virgo? How serious are her injuries, if you have any insight into such a thing? We can either go and report to the Magic Council what we've... stumbled upon in our investigation, or we can put that off to deal with the wounds you've sustained." Vincent said as the battle concluded.

The sword in Elvira's hand disappeared and she pulled out an equally familiar card --channeling its power and summoning a healing stream of cool water to cascade down across her body, leaving her wet but generally healed. She felt light-headed from the bites but it seemed to pass rather quickly thanks to the speed at which Elvira's mana replenished itself.

Virgo assumed a position at Elvira's side with her hands folded over in her in her lap --her typical rigid posture.

"We should probably report right away...someone needs to sort this mess out...figure out what to do about all those people..." She said quietly as she looked around for the main exit to the room: A pair of double doors which lead them down another series of hallways, which were blessedly free of bodies, and eventually out into the cool night air of Hosenka.

The night seemed bright than before, the darkness less oppressive. Elvira and Vincent wandered through the crowds while Virgo stood by at the front of the haunted house's gate. The pair eventually found a group of Rune Knights dragging apart a pair of wizards, that looked like they'd gotten into a rather nasty duel, and informed them of the situation. Things moved quickly from there and within about 10 minutes the Crystal Swans had returned to the front of the house of bodies with a squad of Knights, ready for action. The armored warriors burst through the door of the manor and into a dust and cobweb filled room piled high with boxes of stored props and costumes.

"This isn't right...it didn't look like this." Elvira whispered as the large group delved further into the attraction. The manor had an entirely different configuration to the one they'd left moments ago. "Virgo, did anything happen while we were gone?" She asked.

"No Baroness, there was no activity, no one came in or out."

The wizards didn't know what to make of the situation, but after a thorough search the knights concluded that no one was on the premises; alive or dead. The surprisingly sympathetic leader of the Knights put a hand on Elvira's shoulder.

"It's possible this was an effect of the moon dust, all just a hallucination perhaps." He explained. "But there doesn't seem to be an issue here. I'll have my Knights do a thorough sweep and check in with the Festival coordinators to be sure."

Elvira and Vincent were quietly sitting at the tables of a small shop filling out report forms after a thorough medical examination when the Knight returned with a small old woman hobbling slowly along behind him. "This is the Festival Head." The Knight said with a gesture towards the woman. She wanted to speak with you.

The woman slowly climbed up into a chair and plopped down.

"Good evening, I understand you had quite a fright over at the House of Horror." She said slowly. "I'm not sure as I can say exactly how that happened, seeing as how we couldn't open it this year. Mr. Sands, the man who ran it for the past 40 years died last month you see. Sad business, so we couldn't open it up this year."

"That's impossible!" Elvira said, reaching into her pocket to pull out a neatly folded flier for the attraction and showing it to the woman. "I got this in the mail."

The woman carefully looked the advertisement over and nodded. "Yes, we had many of those printed up but we never started mailing them out. Mr. Sands got sick a few days before we'd intended to...though..." She said, rubbing her chin and looking at Elvira. "You're not that Lockser girl are you? Babs' daughter?"

"She wasn't my...er...yes, that's me." Elvira replied softly.

"Well I'll be...he said he was going to send your flier himself. I think he was afraid you wouldn't come back this year. It always made his Festival ya know...scarring the wits outta you." She said with a chuckle. "And there you were every year...no matter how old you got..." The woman said, apparently lost in her own thoughts. "I was sorry to see Babs go. I think she'd be proud to know her daughter is helping people now though. At any rate I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. Heh...maybe Mr. Sands just wanted to scare ya one last time." She said, chortling as she disappeared with her knightly escort into the crowd.

Elvira and Vincent never did figure out exactly what happened in Hosenka that night, but once they were alone they remembered the strange Pumpkin creatures they'd captured. Vincent attempted to summon one back and...much to their shock...the beasts were quite real indeed.
    OOC Comments
    4134/4000 words
    HP: 380/500
    MP: 545/775
    @King Zenshin
    pyxis

Current date/time is 16th May 2024, 8:33 pm