Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Starry-Eyes【recruitment】

Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Comet
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 39
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 5,657.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Star Child
    Second Skill: Arc of Time
    Third Skill:

Private Starry-Eyes【recruitment】

Post by Sybil 2nd July 2018, 4:08 pm

she expected the world
    but it flew away from her reach
    so she ran away in her sleep

notes ❧ tags ❧ words

A sigh left the strawberry blonde lips, cool breath condensing in front of her in the crisp night air as the breeze whipped back her hair leaving the wind to whistle up against her ears till they were a little red. She rolled her shoulders and folded an arm in front of her to keep her rosy cardigan over her so she could remain warm.

From a distance, it seemed as though she were traveling through the wilderness with a white lantern. A spotlight spilled around her,  -but Sybil’s hand was out and it was open and lanternless. Her palm faced up and an upon closer inspection the light could be seen glowing from within her fingers where a small diamond shaped star levitated. Sybil looked between the forest path ahead of her and up between the massive seven wood trees getting what glances she could to the star-filled sky. Her view was obstructed by the massive trees growing around her. This would not do.

The star made a sound like a chime and gave another twinkle as it floated away and disappeared from her sight, inevitably returning to the exosphere where the little light belonged.  Now she was cast in the dimness. She’d never get back to the Seven settlements without her star maps. And with the trees burdening her she’d have to get a better look at them herself. Sybil bent her knees hopped upwards, but unlike any normal jump that would send her back down on her feet, Sybil instead drifted as though she were on the moon and leaped high enough to land on one of the tallest branches of the tree. She would grip the trunk to her left to maintain balance. The brambles shook and rustled as she tangled her way up at the top and stuck her head out from the leaves, oblivious the stick in her hair as she stared out to the sky, asters of many blues and violets reflected back in her glasses

She could see it all so clear and unobscured from this place now The greatest astronomers used degrees, minutes, and seconds to measure sizes and distances of constellations. While she was no astronomer, scientist, -heck she didn’t even have a stable role here in Seven. -But she knew where to look for all the anomalies in this sky, the comments, planets, the moons, and most importantly the stars.

She closed her fingers and pointed out her thumb like a protractor, sticking it out in front of her, lining her eyes up with her fingertip to measure for the next star mass. She found Cepheus, Draco. Cassiopeia. She opened her closed fingers, measuring her hand span for twenty degrees until she located the north star: Polaris, right at the handle of the little dipper.

She knew what way was north, she wanted to go south, 180 degrees behind her. Sybil would Sybil adjusted the rucksack on her back and grinned in triumph. But it was too soon to rejoice. The mage stepped forward on the branch unaware of its tenderness.

“!!!”

The limb undertow creaked, and snapped away just as abruptly, Leaving The star child falling, waving her arms around in her pink cardigan like a flying squirrel trying to glide, --but of course. That's not how physics worked.
    Made by Siren of GS and THQ

Last edited by Sybil on 2nd July 2018, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Private Re: Starry-Eyes【recruitment】

Post by King Zenshin 2nd July 2018, 4:34 pm

Great. I've 'found' the Sevenwood but I have no way to know which way I need to go to find the center let alone the basin. thought the wizard from Crystal Swan whose clothes were glowing a scarlet red; the aura came from a basic fire enchantment he used to keep warm on his travels through Iceberg. On his back lie a large sack with blankets, food, and clothes which he took with him in his travels to the Pergrande Kingdom. He was on his way back after six months in his birthplace and had to find the basin he had heard only in a passing mention so many years ago. Sevenwood could not be navigated by just anyone, he found out, and he only knew very basic constellations. The trees were no help, either, as they had never left their rooted positions and thus have never seen anything except the same piece of land they have always occupied. From what he could hear, the animals didn't like how he smelled and thus refused to help him. Vincent was hoping for a miracle and, sure enough, one came to him... well, fell on him would be more accurate.

The crack of the branches above him preceded the rapid descent of an orange haired woman with a pink sweater shielding her from the cold. Her fall would be broken by his large pack, leaving the white haired man lying face first after a powerful shock. He would recover as soon as he could and see that the girl was no threat to him at all, but instead was a moderately powerful mage. Vincent was not surprised, given the ratio of mages to non-mages in Seven. Still, he would have thought that a strong mage such as herself would somehow avoid falling from high places. "It's nice to meet you, stranger." he began in a thicker than usual accent from his journey to the Kingdom. "I'm Vincent, a lost Fioren mage. Would you happen to know how to get to the heart of the Sevenwood?" he asked bluntly. She seemed as good a candidate as any to know how to get to where he needed to go given that she was traveling through the Sevenwood at night. He figured she was a native.

Thinking that it was just a bit too dark, he Requipped his Wand of Light and conjured up a bright orb of light that would stick closely behind him to illuminate his surroundings. I hope she's not more dangerous than she looks... he thought cautiously, as he had just revealed to her just what kind of magic he used. He didn't suspect that she was a realistic threat to him, but that didn't make him any less cautious. "I've traveled across Earthland and I really need to find a little basin at the heart of these woods so that I can finally get home. You wouldn't happen to know anything about it would you?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sybil 2nd July 2018, 5:32 pm

she expected the world

notes ❧ Zenshin ❧ 413

The fall was soft, and she wondered if her gravity control had kicked in.. but she abruptly concluded that wasn’t the case and that her fall had simply been broken. “Aah!” she cried out quickly leaping back up to her feet and waving her hands as she got up off him. She brushed herself clean of dirt as he started stirring and got back up. He was seemingly unfazed while her face remained flushed in embarrassment.

Lost?

Sure, she was a nice girl but she had no reason to go out on limbs and help strangers for nothing. The last time she went out on a limb she’d fell right onto him! -- and she was pretty sure she was going to bruise for it… ouch.

Granted, she still had a bleeding heart and wouldn’t be able to live with herself if she left him to wander around in the dark alone.

“I can help you… But then you would owe me a favor. What would I get out of it, stranger?”  Sybil muttered to him, crossing her arms over her chest. She pouted her lips as though struggling to keep a straight face, paired with the wig in her hair and the grass stains on her knees she looked ridiculous. Sybil Cassiopeia never got to play the tough one. Not a day in her life...

Something made today different though, she felt.. Intimidated, rivaled by this stranger's very presence. she hadn’t felt anything like this before as far as magic energy was concerned. As a full-blooded mage, she had much more mana than Seven’s natives… She’d only seen a fee wizard since settling here and their potential was...adequate, but only that much.

She got by on odd jobs, foraging and making maps of the landscapes which she sold to travelers town, there wasn’t much room for tangling around in this stuff. Heck, she was supposed to be on her way back in with some papyrus…. Helping him would mean turning all the way around to head into the center of the woods... She could always doodle him one and tell him to beat it…..

-But, she was already interested by him--!

“What, are you? Fioran? Thats west… “ She gulped, struggling to swallow down a sudden waterfall of questions threatening to spill from her lips. “That’s the magic continent-- with magic revenues-- and all the guilds?” she inquired,

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 2nd July 2018, 6:13 pm

“I can help you… But then you would owe me a favor. What would I get out of it, stranger?” He couldn't possibly give her an reasonable response with what little information he had about her. She tried to act tough, but to Vincent it merely came off as childish. Before he could reply, she said something he could use. “What, are you? Fioran? Thats west… That’s the magic continent-- with magic revenues-- and all the guilds? Excellent, something I can work with.... "That fair, I don't expect something for nothing. Technically I'm from the Kingdom to the east, but I currently take up residence in Fiore due to their... let's call it wider range of opportunities for magic users. As for your other question..." he began, turning his back towards her and putting his hands under his shirt on both sides. The wizard raised the back of his shirt up to the middle of his back to reveal a majestic cyan swan tattoo. "I'm from the Fioren guild of artists and explorers, Crystal Swan."

She seemed genuinely excited by the ideas she had of Fiore and their numerous guilds. He was quite surprised at how intertwined magic was with the regular citizens of the nation. For the industrious wizard, Fiore was a place practically bursting with opportunity. It had the infrastructure and the demand for skilled mages. Vincent happily took advantage of every opportunity provided and was now a successful guild mage with a growing reputation. "Honestly I'm not too sure what to offer you aside from jewels. I can spare quite a few, so name your price. Aside from currency, though, I've got quite a head on my shoulders. I'm a magical researcher, so I'd be happy to share my knowledge if you're interested. That, however, isn't exactly as universally valued as pure currency. What else.... I'm sure my guildmaster wouldn't mind me extending an invitation to someone who is so freely willing to assist me in my exploration since you seemed to be stricken at the idea of Fiore's guilds."

He thought about it a bit more. "That's just about everything I have to offer you - I'd understand if none of those things caught your interest since aside from the jewels, require some technical knowledge or a willingness to completely uproot your life." After he finished his offers, he began to pick up the weapons that had fallen off of him after she had fallen onto him. The wizard was unusually well armed due to having come from the Kingdom known for its conventional weaponry. Vincent spared no expense in having certain weapons forged before he left for use back in Fiore.

Missions Completed

Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sybil 3rd July 2018, 4:10 pm

she expected the world

notes ❧ Zenshin ❧ 415

When Sybil laid eyes on that guild mark her hand clasped over her mouth both to hide her abrupt flushness and the urge to rave and fan over him. A REAL guilded Fiore mage… She’d heard many stories. -But until now they’d been just that...stories. Her auburn eyes glistened and comically dilated with a star shape. This stranger, he was a definition to what she aspired to become herself: someone of positive influence to the magic world,

Yes, Seven was a place she could live free and be accepted as a star-holder, but there was little to no room to grow here and few opportunities... Sybil had seen the constellations on this side of the continent and studied them long. But-- to find herself mapping the lands of Fiore?

“....Regardless, let me show you the way… I’m sure I will have more time to ask you questions in a moment.” She began pointing up at the opening in the treeline where her branch had fallen. “That one up there, by my pinky is the Ursa major, big dipper.” she turned her finger and thumb into an L shape measuring out a 90-degree angle. “Right across is the Ursa Minor… Polaris is the first star in this constellation-- the really bright one. It always points north. Seven Settlements are west, so if we follow that star northward we will end up deeper in these woods.” She took a minute to breathe after her explanation.

“You said what you're looking for is in the center of this forest.”

She took a step to the west letting him gather his bearings and re-gather his weapons before she’d speak again,

“As for what I’m looking for… Passage into Fiore--” Sybil spat out abruptly, “That’s what I want simply put- “ her back was still faced towards him, auburn eyes scanning the stars again just to make sure she was walking in the right direction. “I’ve been running around my whole life trying to find a place I fit in: where I’m not a freak,” She thought of her experience in The Kingdom, and thought about how he had mentioned that’s where he had come from “Where I can do something important you know?” And she thought how she was making peanuts, and no one knew her name. “I just need a break. I didn’t know where to start-- before i ran into you-- well landed on top of you she began, unable to hold back a little embarassed snicker...
    [/quote]

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 3rd July 2018, 5:11 pm

Vincent patiently listened to her explanation with wide eyes, his interest growing the more she spoke. Elvira was the only real person with which he had extended interactions and she was... terse. She didn't speak much and when she did, it struck him as pessimistic. This mysterious stranger, on the other hand, spoke so knowledgeably of the stars and their corresponding constellations that he couldn't help but be impressed. “You said what you're looking for is in the center of this forest.” He nodded. That's when she finally brought up what is was that she wanted from him in return for her stellar navigational services. “As for what I’m looking for… Passage into Fiore--” Passage into Fiore? That's all? "If that's all you want, then I'm happy to oblige. All we need to do is get to one of Seven's more developed areas and get you a passport. From there, I'm sure Fiore wouldn't mind another powerful mage living within their borders. I don't mind footing the bill for any travel expenses." he told her happily, feeling he was getting the much better part of the deal. "Let's call it fate that we 'ran into' each other then, stranger. I doubt it's a coincidence that I happen to run into someone with so vast a knowledge of the heavens that they could navigate themselves out of the most twisted of woods."

The two would travel north and make any slight alterations in their course as the path demanded until they reached the heart of the seven woods. There, Vincent would find nothing but a clearing and a wooden totem pole facing him. It was colored blue, white, and red with what he assumed was a person at the bottom with some kind of winged creature at the top. This was not was he was looking for, but it did rouse his suspicion enough for him to go in for a closer look. "As you can see, this is not a basin... but locations that are abundantly magical rarely allow themselves to be found so easily." he thought aloud in his navigator's direction. Vincent touched the middle totem of the pole before him and closed his eyes to feel its magical energy, if it had any, and discern any information from said magical energy. In his mind's eye he could feel like the magic was flowing up to the top of the totem pole and, when he looked up, he saw the it flowed diagonally into the ground about two meters away.

The wizard opened his eyes and pointed to the spot near the orange haired girl. "There. I have a feeling that what I'm looking for has something to do with that spot on the ground. But how to open it up...?" he said aloud, once again. He turned back towards the totem pole and walked around it to see if there was anything inscribed on the wooden structure. Sure enough, there was. It was written in an ancient precursor that eventually became what the modern day residents of Seven speak. Thankfully, Vincent was familiar enough with the dead language that he could translate it without much trouble. After writing down the entire inscription in his journal, he walked over toward the spot he pointed at and recited the words as best he could. Thankfully it seemed like he said it right as the ground raised to reveal a well lit entrance into a narrow cave whose walls were covered in thorny vines. "It might be dangerous, but you seem to be able to handle yourself. Come along, it should be interesting" he said, motioning for her to follow him deeper into the cave whose source of lightning was unknown.

The two would travel for about a minute before entering a large dome shaped chamber with the same vines covered in sharp red thorns that they would have avoided scraping past on their way to the room. The ground was full of beautiful red grass and matching flora. Four stone statues carved from what seemed to be a shiny black rock stood facing in towards a crystal blue basin with their hands held in front of them. There seemed to be some kind of barrier they were sustaining, a thought which was confirmed when a small pebble he threw bounced off the glowing and translucent air. "Absolutely beautiful. This is what I was looking for..." he said, his voice trailing off as he observed a few dimly glowing red butterflies flying around the room. There was a stone pedestal facing the entrance and exit to the chamber with the same language. After reading through it as slowly and carefully as he could, he sighed and proceeded to write the inscription in his journal. "Well, I'm happy this place exists and that this basin seems to do what I think it does, but unfortunately I can't exactly use it right now. My mission is accomplished, so let's see to your payment, shall we?"

Missions Completed