Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities

Mark Baxter
    Mark Baxter

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Clockwork Soul
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : ---
    Experience : 9,213.19

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cephalon Impulse
    Second Skill: ---
    Third Skill:

Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities Empty Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities

Post by Mark Baxter 20th October 2016, 8:16 pm

This was a thing in suggestions a really long time ago, like three months, no I'm kidding, that isn't so long ago, but still. Anywho, I'm going to go ahead and be short and sweet here.

Some of us (I hope it's not only me?) would like to be able to trade in a tier of spells for unique abilities. I was really sad when this got randomly archived, so I decided to go ahead and bring it up again, I hope that's okay will y'all staff members.

I'm just going to propose a couple of solutions for the things that were being debated, which were talking about purchasable spell slots. So, the thing I did before was get two more unique abilities in exchange for all of my starter D-Rank spells. Most people though this was pretty chill, but no one really knew what to do about extra spell slots. This is my solution. You can do what I did and gain two more unique abilities for a tier of starter spells, but you can also buy the optional spells for that category, and gain one more unique ability by sacrificing all of those.

What does everyone think of my proposed solution? I think it might be a really interesting quirk for people who don't really want to RP with spells.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities 1zya1cx
    Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities Empty Re: Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities

Post by Cirven 20th October 2016, 8:29 pm

This was something that in the past I was not too keen on having allowed (I was staff then) and I said it wasn't completely a good idea because how do we really classify what is a D rank UA compared to a C-S rank?

It falls under staff to figure this out but it still is something that is a lot harder to do than spells are.

I am half and half on this being a thing really but I am an older member and one of the members of staff in the past who tried his hardest to balance out the site more so we could avoid people having anything OP or unbeatable so that could be messing with me a bit still when it comes to things like this lol.

I do see the good in having it though for people who want to avoid spells and have passives more. I have always thought that the idea of a regular swordsman/knight type with just passives and 'techniques' over spells could be interesting to have and all.

I'd like to see what more people think on this though because my opinion should only mean as much as what the site wants as a whole for their fun here. All that matters is if everyone is enjoying their time here after all.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities LxcTBIi
    Character Info:
    Jiyu Kazehime
    Jiyu Kazehime

Player 
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Wind Magic
    Second Skill: Demonic Takeover
    Third Skill:

Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities Empty Re: Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities

Post by Jiyu Kazehime 21st October 2016, 8:07 am

From my understanding you can so this already if you reach high enough rank? This is quoted from the rules thread, under the passive abilities section.

Hp And Damage Rules wrote:♦ However, once a mage hits S rank they are able to transfer some of their D rank spells to passives. In exchange for this they sacrifice 5% of their max MP.
    ♦ When a mage hits SS rank this is reduced to 3%.
    ♦ When a mage hits H rank D rank spells can be exchanged for 2%MP.
    ♦Also, at H rank they are able to sacrifice 5% MP to turn a C rank spell into a passive spell.
    ♦ These are essentially ranked unique abilities(D and C) and thus do not require strengths and weaknesses. However, as they are ranked things like buff will scale like normal buffs do.

Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities Miku_chibi_by_kenneos-d4l2s2w

Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities H6NcPbM Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities H6NcPbM Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities H6NcPbM Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities H6NcPbM

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 24th October 2016, 5:50 am

I think if we were to introduce a rule such as this we would have to remove or heavily alter the one Jiyu mentioned.

We would also need to work out what the limits of each ranks abilities are.

Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Knight of Zero
    Knight of Zero

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Blood
    Guild : N/A
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Celestial Star Show
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Knight of Zero 24th October 2016, 5:40 pm

Admittedly in favor with the Rule jiyu linked cause if want to trade passives for spells when need the MP unless for nulls. Also would like to say Imo passive amount isn't really that worth it considering 75% caps on buffs and amount of a D rank would be low to start (ntm the scaling). Unless go something other then stat wise which would be harder on the grader cause cant be vague like " Can make X element into any shape imaginable" and would have to judge based on what could do.

Trading in Spell Slots for Unique Abilities FtxZxrE

Current date/time is 13th May 2024, 2:06 pm