Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Trading Spell Slots for Unique Abilities

Yuu Blitzkrieg
    Yuu Blitzkrieg

Crash!

Crash!

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Halloween Social- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Cupcake Achievement- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Player 
    Lineage : Blessed by the Fourth Wall
    Position : ASS EATER!
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 1425

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Crash
    Second Skill: TBD
    Third Skill: TBD

Trading Spell Slots for Unique Abilities Empty Trading Spell Slots for Unique Abilities

Post by Yuu Blitzkrieg 6th January 2016, 9:28 pm

Alright so, I noticed that not to long ago, someone tried making a magic used less spell slots and more UA slots, and it got shut down by staff since there was no system in place for such an idea. (I think that it was DDC's alt but im not totally sure) So im here to make the suggestion that this should be an official system on the site, as i think that it is a very interesting idea, and one that I would definitely try on an alt if it was allowed.

So i talked with some people about it prior to this post, and a couple of things were brought to my attention. First of all, it would be a bit much for 1 spell slot to equal 1 UA slot, which i do agree with. So it could perhaps be 2x UA slots for giving up an entire rank/tier of spells, or something like that. Second, UAs can be extremely powerful is somebody knows what they are doing when they create them. This is true in my eyes. But I think that this is easily solved if staff will simply grade the power of the magic as a whole and see if it is balanced that way on a case by case basis in order to avoid a magic with many UAs from being overpowered.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Trading Spell Slots for Unique Abilities ZUTE2e7l_o

Character | Magic | Bank
    Almyra Bys
    Almyra Bys

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 41
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chaos Theory
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Trading Spell Slots for Unique Abilities Empty Re: Trading Spell Slots for Unique Abilities

Post by Almyra Bys 6th January 2016, 9:40 pm

Another option for this I would think could be allowing for spells to be passive and/or toggleable. Maybe only allow for spells lower than your rank to be passives as well, but basically you'd get a UA, but it'd be weaker than an actual UA, since it wouldn't scale up with your rank. You could even have it such that the capabilities of the spell you give up are considered a rank lower, i.e. passive C-rank buff is only equivalent to an active D-rank buff, rather than an active C-rank buff.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Character|Magic|Bank
    Trading Spell Slots for Unique Abilities 3MA5V3N
    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:
    Kyoden

Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Spirits
    Guild : None
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul Gatherer
    Second Skill: None
    Third Skill:

Trading Spell Slots for Unique Abilities Empty Re: Trading Spell Slots for Unique Abilities

Post by Kyoden 6th January 2016, 9:41 pm

I agree with this thread 100% and i think that Klein is the greatest person on this site without a doubt. This is totally not one of Klein's alts right now. Im totally not replying to my own thread. I mean, who would do something like that?
    Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 6th January 2016, 10:28 pm

Klein Okumura wrote:Alright so, I noticed that not to long ago, someone tried making a magic used less spell slots and more UA slots, and it got shut down by staff since there was no system in place for such an idea. (I think that it was DDC's alt but im not totally sure) So im here to make the suggestion that this should be an official system on the site, as i think that it is a very interesting idea, and one that I would definitely try on an alt if it was allowed.

So i talked with some people about it prior to this post, and a couple of things were brought to my attention. First of all, it would be a bit much for 1 spell slot to equal 1 UA slot, which i do agree with. So it could perhaps be 2x UA slots for giving up an entire rank/tier of spells, or something like that. Second, UAs can be extremely powerful is somebody knows what they are doing when they create them. This is true in my eyes. But I think that this is easily solved if staff will simply grade the power of the magic as a whole and see if it is balanced that way on a case by case basis in order to avoid a magic with many UAs from being overpowered.

I hold no complaints with the exchange of 2x Unique Abilities for the exchange of an entire tier of spells. This shall be brought up to the Development Team to ascertain whether or not it is a possibility.
    weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: SOTL
    Second Skill: NA
    Third Skill:

Post by weretiger5411 6th January 2016, 10:47 pm

Ok so im going to bring this up since others will try this(or I see this as a possibility). Should it be possible to buy extra spell slots and be able to trade those for abilities too? Because an issue that arises is that you get less spell slots as you level, and people may try to buy rank spells slots for free UA slots and so on. of course to solve this, we can have it so that you can only gain abilities by trading original spell slots and not able to trade spell slots bought from the shop. Or I can be wrong and this is not an issue, but I still think it could be unfair to trade bought spell slots for UA's, in that case might as well sell UA slots right?

"Those who do not fear power, are too easily destroyed by it."

"Humans are the biggest monsters. How else can you explain a dragon's need to burn down their homes, a demon's need to slaughter them, or a god's attempt at brainwashing them to devote loyalty? It is because we have the greatest chance to destroy them with whatever else gets in our way, and slayers are not the only method how."-Zecarayus Trevelean

Note: Until I get this in his character sheet, his name is changed to nevarran. Same soul though!

info on apps:
    Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 6th January 2016, 11:14 pm

weretiger5411 wrote:Ok so im going to bring this up since others will try this(or I see this as a possibility). Should it be possible to buy extra spell slots and be able to trade those for abilities too? Because an issue that arises is that you get less spell slots as you level, and people may try to buy rank spells slots for free UA slots and so on. of course to solve this, we can have it so that you can only gain abilities by trading original spell slots and not able to trade spell slots bought from the shop. Or I can be wrong and this is not an issue, but I still think it could be unfair to trade bought spell slots for UA's, in that case might as well sell UA slots right?

All players are limited to how many spell slots they may purchase
    D - 6
    C - 5
    B - 4
    A - 3
    S - 2

and to trade ALL spell slots for their rank, would mean they would also be losing the above spell slots as well.
    Almyra Bys
    Almyra Bys

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Cosmic Coins : 41
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chaos Theory
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Almyra Bys 6th January 2016, 11:24 pm

The only issue with that arises is there's no reason for them to get extra ones, then, unless you require them to have bought the max number of slots before they can get unique abilities.

Character|Magic|Bank
    Trading Spell Slots for Unique Abilities 3MA5V3N
    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:
    Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 6th January 2016, 11:26 pm

Almyra Bys wrote:The only issue with that arises is there's no reason for them to get extra ones, then, unless you require them to have bought the max number of slots before they can get unique abilities.
    Or they can own half the max slots, and sacrifice those to gain 1x UA. Naturally if thy own half the max slots for each rank from D --> S, they gain +5 UA's.
    weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: SOTL
    Second Skill: NA
    Third Skill:

Post by weretiger5411 6th January 2016, 11:39 pm

Ok, so the idea you had was they trade all spells for that rank period. Where I was thinking one could buy spell slots for their rank still but could not use the original amount they had.

Ok so with that in mind, wouldn't it be better instead for the user to buy the maximum amount of spell slots for that rank before trading it for another UA? In that case I think it would be better since it costs more to get max spell slots the higher you go.

Or are you talking about how they would only need half of the max of purchased slots for a rank spell in order to get a UA, but then that would mean they can get two UA per rank then with that logic.

"Those who do not fear power, are too easily destroyed by it."

"Humans are the biggest monsters. How else can you explain a dragon's need to burn down their homes, a demon's need to slaughter them, or a god's attempt at brainwashing them to devote loyalty? It is because we have the greatest chance to destroy them with whatever else gets in our way, and slayers are not the only method how."-Zecarayus Trevelean

Note: Until I get this in his character sheet, his name is changed to nevarran. Same soul though!

info on apps:

Current date/time is 13th May 2024, 7:40 pm