Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private)

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 
    Lineage : Brute of Fiore
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mirror
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private)

Post by Speculo 18th December 2015, 3:08 pm

OOC: What the heck. I updated this a few days ago and it didn't go through. Didn't know until now. :( Sorry.

Speculo

Speculo didn't nod his head or anything, but just replied with, "Yes." He caught the rock midair, looking at it for a second before tossing it aside. "Alright, I hope you feel comfortable about creating and controlling those mirrors, because you're going to have to make them quickly. I'm going to teach you how these can be used offensively." He created a mirror in his palm, then calmly followed with "Mirror Shard." The mirror split into several sharp pieces of glass as Speculo moved his arm to point towards a nearby boulder, turning his palm to point at it as well. The mirror shards kept their relative position to his hand.

One by one but within a mere second, the shards shot at the rock face, marring it beyond recollection. Large chunks blew off from the boulder into the dirt, the lighter colored rock showing beneath it. The shards were nowhere to be seen.

He was concerned on whether or not she would be able to shoot them in the right direction. He'd personally killed people using this spell. Used wrong could hurt her badly. It was different from her normal spell usage.

After this spell, he thought he would teach her Truth Seer. That spell would be far more her realm of magic, and may be only a few minutes to teach her. It may be stronger than his was, with her aura magic. Would her aura mix with mirrors, would she even be able to use Mirror Shard?

HP: 100%
    MP: 85%

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private) - Page 2 Fighting-giffy
    I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : Speculo (former)
    Experience : 779,415

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Advanced Solid Script
    Second Skill: Aura Manipulation
    Third Skill: N/A

Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private)

Post by ivyleaf33 21st December 2015, 10:33 pm

Watching Speculo's movements carefully, the letter mage noted everything he did, mentally recording his movements. It seemed quite easy enough, much like her own spells such as Solid Script: Fire or Solid Script: Wind. Short and simple. It was then that she realized that he had just nearly demolished a rock, and the girl immediately glanced in fear of what she might see at Hoshi. The exceed had grown quite sensitive to what happened to the planet after achieving connection with Mother Nature. To her relief, Hoshi didn't seem to badly affected, just really uncomfortable. It would be best if the letter mage didn't harm the planet in any way, she supposed, but that was impossible. She could only cusdion the attack slightly in training, and hope the shards landed accurately in battle.

Lifting her palm with the mirror, Sorano aimed towards the ground, building up magical energy within it. She could vistbly see it, unlike normal humans, and had to turn awas slightly from the glare. Readying her self, she neatly karate-chopped it with her mind, and watched in disappointment when the mirror shattered, but only like a normal mirror shattering, not going anywhere.

Frowning in disappointment at the sight, Sorano re-made the mirror, aiming it again, and this time broke the mirror with not a mental karate-chop, but with a sort of mental pinch of energy, shattering the mirror, and sending the mirror pieces surging forward towards the ground. In a flash, Sorano had scribbled out a spell for a board made of magic, generating it right where the shards would land. She could see Hoshi breathing a sigh of relief out of the corner of her eye as the shards dissipated.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private) - Page 2 B2WXv4aK_o
    sorano granon | solid script | aura manipulation | bank | armory
    i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 28th December 2015, 12:53 am

OOC: Sorry it's been forever, Christmas stuff got really busy.

Speculo

Speculo watched as her first attempt failed, falling to pieces and not having any effect. The second time she got it right, but... The board. 

"Why'd you make the board to stop the shards?" He asked her. Was it.. nature? By harming nature, did that in turn hurt Hoshi? This Exceed and it's link to nature intrigued him greatly. He couldn't wrap his head around it. What sort of damage could this cat do? How did she get that power? He obviously couldn't just start waterboarding them with questions. He would have to get the answers a different way. Maybe he wouldn't get any answers at all. He couldn't forget he was a teacher now.

"Alright, keep practicing that. Try to get it down where you can hit them all in an area the size of an apple. I need to think how to teach you Truth Seer.." Indeed he did. He didn't want her to just do some Aura stuff to the mirror and call it Truth Seer. Speculo was proud of making a spell as one that he did. Aura's would probably be a part of it, but there were a lot of intricacies of getting truth, and having the magic understand what truth and false meant to eachother. He pondered..

His thoughts kept coming back to Sorano's partner. She blended straight into the rocks of the canyon.. as if she was part of it. Was she Mother Nature herself? 

MP: 85%

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 28th December 2015, 10:35 pm

OOC: Sorry about no dialogue color, the site's been wonky for me these days and the helping bar doesn't show up, and I'm too lazy to type in all that color code. If the glitches for me get worse, I may not be able to come on at all, so just know that if I poof suddenly. I know that they're working hard on it, but since I depend mostly on mobile, just be warned that the glitches may equal me being gone))

Sorano quickly waved the board out of existence, glancing sideways at Speculo. "The board? Oh, Solid Script is known for being a tidy magic, and I hate to leave too many marks, even in training. Don't worry about the spells taking up my magical powers, spells as easy as that require none," she lied smoothly, improvising to something that made sense and was actually true enough to get past some truth spells. Letter mages were tidy, but she couldn't say she trusted Speculo with any of her friend's weaknesses, and stayed quiet.

Listening to Speculo's instruction to keep practicing, she wrote up a board and magicked it to stick to a tree nearby, then began the spells again. The shards shot again and again from her palm, and she sank into an almost trance-lile state with the constant motion. Her first mentor's meditation lessons caused her to instinctively slip into a meditative mode when training to improve control over every aspect of herself. Anna Litbell had required it, and such a similar situation caused her to act similarly as the girl momentarily forgot about her current mentor watching her. She shrank the board with each try, her meditative control making it easy for her to shrink the target down smaller and smaller.

Pulling out of the state as she felt her magical power beginning to weaken, she quickly looked up, hoping Speculo hadn't seen that. She had never practiced under anyone other than Anna before, and seemed to be slipping more and more into well-remembered routines. Shaking her head quickly, she looked up at the man. "Yes? Is this small enough?" she asked quickly. Maybe making a first try was tougher for her, but honing a skill to perfection was something she was good at, and this was no exception. The shards had landed in strategically maneuvered positions to take up the least amount of room possible without slicing each other.

i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 29th December 2015, 7:01 pm

OOC: It's alright. Do what you need to do. But thanks for letting me know.

Speculo

Speculo walked over to the board on the tree, examining it and the pieces before the pieces shattered into nothingness. They were close, real close. Without touching eachother, they almost were pushed against one another. It was remarkable. And she got that skill down so fast, too.  "Hmm. Yes, those are really packed together nicely. You could deal some real damage on somebody with this spell." He turned to look at her. "You master skills quite quickly Sorano. I don't know whether to be proud of any teaching skills I may have, which I doubt, or be impressed by your talent with magic, or be saddened that my type of magic is easy to duplicate.

He walked back to her and produced another mirror in his hand, showing it to her. It was a plain mirror, until Speculo breathed the words "Truth Seer". Then, the mirror almost faded away, becoming almost completely transparent. He knelt down so he could look at her through the mirror, and she see him through it. "Alright, ask me a question." 

This wasn't something that you could use to see people's emotions, or tell what they were thinking. It only dealt with lies and truth, and the ridding of illusions. He didn't need to fear her seeing something on him through the mirror because it was impossible that it would work that way. When she did ask him a question, he would lie so she could see the mirror turn a slight red, indicating false. 

MP: 100%

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 29th December 2015, 9:23 pm

OOC: Neeever mind, everything got fixed! And by now we could actually end whenever because we've reached the minimum))

Sorano nodded at his comment, unsure of how to reply. "Most would say it was your teaching," she finally decided on, knowing it was what she had been taught to say. Her teachers at the academy for girls had taught perfect manners, and though sde disregarded many now, she references them occasionally when unsure of what to say or do. To them, it was always good to be humble about things. She thought about trying to make him feel better by revealing her weakness physically, but decided it was best not to mention even an almost obvious weakness such as that.

As Speculo produced another mirror and told her to ask him a question, Sorano tilted her head to a side, considering a suitable question. "What is your favorite color?" she decided at last. It seemed simple enough to her. However, she actually wasn't quite sure how a truth seeing spell would help her much at all. Aura capabilities she had already took care of most things like that, since almost no one could lie without feeling nervous, and near nothing could hide from her sight when their aura stood out clear as day in her eyes.

Still, she would go along with it, if only so she could develop more spells out of strategies in this one. She was already digging through the magical energies she could sense in his spell, pulling mentally at strands of energy and trying to piece out a magical seal in her mind. However, she had exerted much mental concentration today, and couldn't focus for long enough, leaving her just to have to listen to her new mentor.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 31st December 2015, 5:54 pm

OOC: If we hit the minimum, do I have to keep with the 250 word limit? lol

Speculo

Speculo smiled a little at her comment. He didn't feel like he was that great of a teacher at all, but maybe he was? At least a little bit... Either way, he answered her, "Blue." The mirror faded red for a short moment, before returning to it's normal transparent self. 

"See that? It told when I lied," At this, the mirror faded to a green color, before returning once more. "And when I told the truth." It turned green once more. "Is that something you would like to learn? Or is your own aura sight enough for you?" He could discern that she had the sight. It would only make sense, what with her knowledge on them and her magic seeming to revolve around it besides the Solid Script.

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 31st December 2015, 11:00 pm

Those Stupid Requirements wrote:Each post needs to be at least 250 words otherwise your thread might be denied
    OOC: Sooo yeah. And you actually don't have to teach me everything, since I still make up most spells. We can end anytime I get too annoying you want ^^ And that portal thing I just made up to meet that requirement xD))

Sorano tilted her head slightly, understanding the nature of the spell fairly quickly. Listening to him talk, she replied, "Yes, I don't think it will be too much of a help. Certainly useful for most, but aura sight takes care of most truth matters. Offensively and psychologically in terms of magic, I'm pretty good. The main points I was hoping to work on was defensive and strategical. Mirror magic seems like a good choice so far, Speculo- se-sensei..." she stuttered on the honorific, unable to get used to addressing the older made this way. Stupid honorifics.

However, Sorano looked at a few of the spells Speculo made, then thought for a moment. "Hey, Sensei, I just thought of something. Remember the first technique you taught me with that mirror space? When combining that with space-time, couldn't you create some type of portal?" Sorano asked, her mind piecing together space-time theories and magic theories to create an odd mess of magic that might just work. Without waiting for her mentor's permission, she tested the spell out. Would it work? The mirror appeared, but Sorano had no idea how to get it to connect. Twisting the space with magic, she tried to move them closer, tried to make a portal, when she realized she was going about it all wrong.

This time, she made two mirrors, about meter between the mirrors. Pushing into each of their spaces, she found a little resistance as the force from both mirrors reached each other. Squishing them into each other, she tested it, throwing a stone through one... And it came out the other side.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 4th January 2016, 1:36 pm

Speculo

Speculo nodded at her talking about Mirror Magic being a good choice. He agreed. Somehow, it connected to her really easily. Dispelling Truth Seer, He leaned against the boulder he shot at before. Then she spoke about portals. His head shot up, his mouth opening slightly and his eyes widening. "W-wait, don't do that! Stop!" He reached forward to her at the moment she connected the portals. But.. nothing happened. He took a step back, looking at the mirrors she made. 

"H-how... Why isn't...." He stammered. He had tried this before, but when he made it.... It wasn't pretty. It destroyed the landscape around him and nearly killed himself. The portals were demolished when the dirt, grass and rocks that they sucked into eachother got too big and shattered the mirrors. 

Then she tossed a rock in, and it came out the other side. "Sorano... How did you do that? I could never..." He was completely stunned. This girl.... was quite the thinker. She was beyond that. Clever, a genius! He fell to his knees, staring at the mirrors, trying to deduce how it worked.

He got back on his feet and ran to the mirrors, looking through them and around them and between them without regard to Sorano or anything she might be saying to him. He actually forgot to listen to his question about how she did it. It was just.... marvelous! Without hesitating, he stuck his arm through. And it came right out the other mirror. He pulled it back, and started laughing in joy. "You did it! I can't believe this! Ha!" He turned to her, getting on his knees once more. "Please, teach me how you did this!" He begged. 

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 5th January 2016, 12:03 am

Sorano stares awkwardly at the older mage, rather stunned by his behavior. "Uhhh... S-sensei..." she muttered, a little embarrassed. Good thing no one was watching. It was really quite simple in her mind. Having been quite interested in the manipulation of space-time for much of her fairly short life, she found it quite easy to connect them. So, the fact that Speculo was so surprised was something she simple couldn't understand.

Watching him rush about like he'd become a kid again, you could almost see that sweat drop appear above Sorano's head. "H-hoshi-chan what should I do?!?!" the frantic letter mage hissed at the exceed.

"Ehhh, eh, I don't know, Sorano-chan!" Hoshi squeaked, shivering in just plain fear that Sorano was asking her to help. Times like these made her wish her talkative teammate Hana, or even Julius was here to help her with this awkward social situation. Hana would say something witty and fitting for the occasion, and Julius would chatter on nonstop about everything that came to mind in third person. Ehh, maybe not Julius.

Watching her mentor nervously, Sorano waved her hands frantically at him, trying to get him to calm down. At last, she pressed a deep calm onto herself, knowing her shield would transmit all of her emotions to people nearby. Meaning, Speculo should calm down pretty soon. "Uh, err, Sensei, it's really very simple..." Almost comically, Sorano pulled out a paper pad and a pencil, scribbling down theories and laws of space-time, with facts and workings of mirror magic, sketching out diagrams of the whole thing with detailed labels. "Soo, yeah, Sensei!" Sorano stuttered uncomfortably, presenting him with the paper.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 5th January 2016, 2:20 pm

Speculo

For some reason, Speculo felt some huge push to become calm.. He didn't protest, but waited eagerly as she sketched out something on the piece of paper. Simple? If it was simple, he would have gotten it already! He took the paper, nodding in thanks. His eyes ran over everything she wrote, the laws, the sketches... It was simple.. Just merge the space inbetween them like Sorano had said before...

Wow... She knew more than he did. He put the paper down and spawned his own two mirrors, and attempted to do the same thing that his pupil did. He expanded the spaces, and in his mind's eyes.... squished them together. They were one now, he could feel it. He let them float and poked his finger through, his finger coming out the other side. "Aha! Yes!" He renounced in joy. He turned to Sorano after pulling his finger out, and bowed deeply. "Thank you. This was mutually beneficial for the both of us." He straightened back up and offered his hand to shake. 

"I don't see much more I can teach you. You experimenting with this magic will teach you better than I will be able to. Thanks to you, I finally know how to make portals. I've been trying for a while, but always ended in catastrophe. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call on me. There is a certain mailman who somehow finds me wherever I am. He wears a red cap and white tanktop and short shorts. And has this big red banner on his back. I hope to see you again."

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 5th January 2016, 6:09 pm

OOC and @MODS: As this is only a farewell post, I'm not meeting the word requirement. If this isn't allowed, please tell me. And Speculo, you don't have to reply if you don't want to by now))

Sorano nodded cheerfully, and bowed down deeply to the older mage. "Thank you for your tuition, Speculo-san. I am glad to have assisted you as well," she said, knowing that she had learned all she could. Speculo had been a pretty good mentor, better than many others could have been. Not only that, he was now a possible friend for her when she needed. As he told her how to contact him, she nodded to show that she got it. Beginning to pick up her things and put on straps for flying by exceed, she looked back over her shoulder at Speculo.

"Though I may not be of too much help, Speculo-san, feel free to contact me by asking around for me in Magnolia, near the Fairy Tail guild hall. We're pretty well-known there, and someone should be able to point Hoshi and me out to you. I wish you health and peace of mind," Sorano said in farewell, leaping up. Hoshi soared up to grab her shoulder straps, and the two flew over the canyon, now covered the glow of the sunset, back towards home.

-Exit-

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 4:19 am