Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private)

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Speculo (former)
    Experience : 779,415

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Advanced Solid Script
    Second Skill: Aura Manipulation
    Third Skill: N/A

Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private) Empty Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private)

Post by ivyleaf33 23rd November 2015, 10:38 pm

Sorano's feet gently touched the ground as Hoshi lowered the letter mage. "Thank you, Hoshi-chan," the exceed's passenger said gratefully. The two had known each other for a few years, and now we're great partners. Scanning the bottom of the canyon for her new mentor, Sorano could see no aura, at least not Speculo's.

She and Speculo had met in a library, and had begun talking about magic. When he brought up his own magic, the letter mage had become increasingly fascinated by the idea of using mirrors as a producer of spells and had asked the mirror mage to teach it to her.

Today, Sorano had let her multi-colored hair down loose, and had worn a simple dress with few decorations on it. Her hair, as usual, was pushed back with a beaded headband, and her left sleeve had a hole cut in it to reveal her blue guild mark, something she was extremely proud of. She wore her usual laced sandals, with laces up to her knees and sturdy soles. She wore a Phoenix Mountain type amulet to ward against bad spirits, like every child in her old village had. Nothing too fancy for a training session.

"You see him, Hoshi-chan?" Sorano asked, peering down over the rim of the canyon.

"Nuh-uh, not a shadow," the small tabby exceed chirped, sitting back with her tail neatly folded over her paws.

Both girls sighed, and settled back to await the man who was to teach the twelve-year-old letter mage.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private) B2WXv4aK_o
    sorano granon | solid script | aura manipulation | bank | armory
    i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 
    Lineage : Brute of Fiore
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mirror
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private) Empty Re: Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private)

Post by Speculo 24th November 2015, 9:00 pm

Speculo

"Come on, at least seem like you are excited to learn." Came a voice from behind the two girls. Speculo knew how to sneak up on people. Even if it was with the help of his illusion spell, he was still working on his stealth abilities.

The white coated Mage bent down at the waist towards them. The sword by his side clicked in it's sheath as he bent over. "So, what do you want to know first?"

It was only because of the lack of contact from The Six Path's that he agreed to do this. Otherwise he would be too busy. But this girl he met in the library reminded him so much of himself... And he thought that teaching somebody may be good for him. She was cute either way. Oh, and then there is the fact that she is a child. And children are Speculo's weakness. Every single one. Ugly or cute, If you are below the age of fourteen, you can get him to do anything.

He had requested training her in the canyon because he didn't want other people to figure out about Mirror Magic. To him, it was a powerful magic in combat and didn't want more people to have it. But if he could train somebody, he can select which spells to teach and how they use it.

He planned on teaching her intervention and mirror shatter, but if she was ambitious enough he would teach her more. But first, he had to teach her to make the mirrors out of thin air. Time to get to work.

HP: 100%
    MP: 100%

OOC: Woops, sorry. Edited now.

Last edited by Speculo on 25th November 2015, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private) Fighting-giffy
    I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet

Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private) Empty Re: Sorano's Secondary Magic Training Thread (Private)

Post by ivyleaf33 24th November 2015, 10:55 pm

S'okay^.^))
    Requirements:

Sorano leapt into a neat, practiced attack position the second she heard Speculo's voice. Recognizing the aura, however, she slowly lowered the dart she had been prepared to stab into her to-be mentor. Now that wouldn't have been good. She could just imagine how the first time she trained with her mentor, she had sent him to the healers'. Not good.

"Spec-Speculo-san," she said, a bit alarmed and annoyed at the same time, "Forgive me, I don't know your surname, but you do know that sneaking up on someone isn't the best of ideas unless it's an enemy. I could have knocked you out with that dart; I'm not a weak mage, you know." She tucked the feathered dart back into her bag, and crossed her arms, then leaned back to look up at the man. It was times like these that she remembered she wasn't as old as everyone else.

Meanwhile, Hoshi hadn't been as prepared as Sorano, tumbling back right into Speculo's face. Now, the poor exceed stood up, shaking herself off and glared at the man. "S-sorano... Why do you always work with scary people?" she wailed, "Only Kinzoku-san and Tykva-san are ever nice to me!" Hoshi was right to be worried. Sorano here was dealing with an independent mage without a guild, who could join either sided affiliation at any time. She had to be cautious.

"You are the teacher, you should know what to do first, Speculo-san, or should I say, Sensei,"
    Sorano shot back, picking the poor exceed up and brushing her off. Hoshi mewed angrily in response, writhing about before dropping to the ground by the letter mage's feet.

i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 1st December 2015, 6:47 pm

OOC: I know had said that he would first teach her how to make mirrors, but now I'm thinking a lot harder about this whole thing and think this is better for right now.

Speculo

"If I thought you were a weak mage, I wouldn't have agreed to train you. I know you could give me a fair fight, but whether one of us is stronger doesn't matter, does it?" He turned to the exceed, kneeling down on one knee. "Hey, you don't bite me, and I won't bite you. I'll be as nice as I can be as a teacher to your friend, I promise." He stood back up.

"Now," He took out a small mirror from behind his long coat and held it out to her. "I don't want you to start making your own mirrors quite yet. First, I want you to think of the other side of the mirror. What is beyond it? Inside it? Magic can do just about anything, and making a beyond or an inside is within those limits."

He continued. "With your knowledge of creating things with your Script Magic, try making the other side of that mirror a small temporal space, where things can enter. This space you create will not have the laws of physics we have in our world, but it will serve it's purpose."

He was trying to teach her the best he could, but he learned from a very detailed book that has long since been lost. And he had no idea how to be a teacher. Another thing that was tripping him up was the fact that he did his spells almost with a lot of thinking of how they worked. But like this, he had to explain things he wasn't sure of himself. But, it sounded right to him.

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 1st December 2015, 10:39 pm

OOC: That's fine))

Tilting her head to the side, Sorano tried to understand what her mentor had just told her. Creating a temporal space, huh? Solid Script was a very simplistic magic, with absolutely nothing complex at all. It was simply writing a word, and bringing out the full essence of the word with magic. Nothing needed to be created. You only needed a strong, firm knowledge of the word. Still, she supposed mirror magic was different, more illusory than solid magic.

Perhaps she should try to draw a space in her mind, or diagram something real fast and push it into reality? Realizing that this process of thinking was taking way longer than she had thought, Sorano decided to give it a try. However, though she drew the diagram very neatly in her mind, focusing on it and willing it into reality, it didn't seem to work. Apparently mirror magic didn't use things like fancy magic seals and the such. Rethinking her idea, the letter mage ignored the man and exceed beside her, and thought hard. Slowly, she retried it.

She tried the diagram again, but instead of simply willing a space to open, she tried to visualize and manipulate the energy around the area like with as aura, using that part of her she couldn't quite describe. That feeling she always got when using magic. She could feel more of a reaction, but she couldn't quite see if it really was working. She glanced up at Speculo, a question plain in her eyes.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 2nd December 2015, 10:23 pm

Speculo

Speculo was staring at the mirror while she tried continually. He could feel her trying over and over again, each time a little different. Trial and error was the best way of learning in his book. ..Maybe he should write a book. He had read enough- He lightly shook his head, he was getting off topic. Focusing on the mirror once more, he watched until he could see inside.

It would be hard to explain, but he could tell that she did it. It was the change from the mirror being a mirror, and being a literal hole into another space. She looked at him with a question in her eyes, and he gave a grim nod. "Alright, let's see if you did it." He picked up a small rock, and tossed it at the piece of reflective glass.

The rock went inside just about an inch, then pushed back out at the same speed, falling to the ground. She did it. She actually did it. It took him days- no, weeks just to do that. Although, he was that young age of about 4 years old and with no knowledge of magic whatsoever, so he could see how it would take him that long. He gave another grim nod to her. "It's there, but it's shallow. If I threw that rock any harder or another one that was bigger, it probably would have broke. Try making that space inside bigger, deeper. Then I'll try with something bigger. "

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 2nd December 2015, 11:20 pm

OOC: I'm going to incorporate the auric part of Sorano's mirror magic in, here...))

Nodding coolly at Speculo, Sorano returned her concentration to the mirror. Realizing that doing the whole diagram was too tough on her mind, she cut down on parts that might have been too nit-picky and focused on making the space bigger. She imagined she was reaching her auric hand to the mirror, nearly activating Spirit Warrior, and gouged a deep hole into the mirror. If anyone with auric sight had been around, they would have seen the slightest shadow of aura that was hand-shaped reach from Sorano's normal aura over, and dipping itself into the mirror, being made of magic and energy itself. The little spirit warrioress focused on digging as deep as she could into it, sweat beading on her forehead before releasing slowly.

Opening her eyes, she hadn't even realized she had shut them. She sat back, surprised at how much effort that had taken. She leaned over to peer into the mirror, then blinked in surprise. At first, nothing seemed wrong, until Sorano squinted at it, dimming her auric sight. The colors of her reflected aura still glowed just as brightly!

Turning to Speculo, she pointed at the mirror. "Do you see a glowing ring of color around our reflections?" she asked softly. Hoshi leaned over as well, looking at the glass.

"Whoa Sorano-chan, what's that weird glowing thingy around me?!?!" Hoshi squealed, jumping back.

"I-it's..."
    No, it was impossible! Only people with auric Magic or special lineage could see auras! "It's an aura?!?!" Sorano gasped softly, watching the shimmering colors. But, she had used her own auric energy to form it, hadn't she?

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 3rd December 2015, 7:41 pm

Speculo

He could tell she was concentrating hard, reaching out to the mirror with her magic. Well, He didn't actually see, but he could tell. The mirror shimmered and properties changed to something... He didn't know. What was she doing to that mirror? It was similar to his Truth Seer spell, but.. There were things different about it.

Speculo looked into the mirror as well, seeing a dark grey color circling him. It was whispy and stuck to his image, even when he shifted his weight from left to right, swaying himself a little. "Well, ain't that interesting. Auras. What do they mean?" He asked her. He hoped his didn't give away that he was part of the Six Paths, but, what would Sorano know of them anyway? She was young and they hadn't done anything yet. And when they did do jobs, it wasn't like anybody would know. He was just getting paranoid.

Maybe this would have to do with who he really was inside, rather than affiliations? He knew little to nothing about auras. He never saw how it could benefit him to know such things. Maybe he should read up on them. "How did you do that? Can you normally see auras and the such? Because that's cool." Seeing auras could be beneficial, to tell someones true motives just by looking. He wouldn't have to cast Truth Seer.

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 4th December 2015, 12:10 am

Her eyes fixed on the mirror, Sorano spoke, "Many types of auras exist in this world. Most commonly known is the magical aura, which all mages can sense to a certain extent. It shows how much magic power one has. The type I can see reveals emotions, and emotions only. Some can see motivations, fears, and more as well, but my mother's side of the family specialized in emotional auras, not the other types. It reveals nothing about personality, though one can sense emotional patterns that allow you to determine aspects of their personality. These patterns also can help you identify people and true forms, since auras tend to varyfrom species and shape. I honestly have no idea how I did that. Perhaps because of the auric magic my mother passed on the me? I don't know. And yes, I can always see them with my bare eyes." Sorano took a long breath and let it out.

Speculo's aura flashed sparks of surprise mostly, but underneath she could see waves of worry. What could he be worrying about, though? Sorano shook her head. She could worry about that later, and he wouldn't know she saw it there, him being so inexperienced with auras. Realizing they were getting off track, the letter mage stood and picked up a larger stone. "Let's see if this even works, first," she said, hurling the rock at the mirror's surface. It began to sink in, and both exceed and girl held their breaths to see what would happen.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 4th December 2015, 1:54 am

Speculo

Speculo listened to her explanation closely. So, she also got her magic from her mother. Add that to the list him and this girl shared in common. She only saw emotions, huh? Well, then best to try to keep those in check as best he could. He watched her as she picked up the stone and threw it in. The rock sunk in a little, then popped back out at the same force she threw it in. It would fly in her direction right where it left her hand. Whether she dodged it or not, was up to her.

"Well, You did make it deeper. And it repelled at the same force. I would say that that was almost perfect. Why don't we move on to creating your own mirror? This mirror won't be a solid object, but be made purely of magic. Just like your script magic. But this mirror won't be able to reflect forces and energies. It will just be a mirror of magic, got it?" He asked.

He held up his hand, palm facing the sky, and with a brief dim flash of light, there was an oval mirror, floating above his hand. "Like this. This mirror is only just that. No special properties other than it is pure magic. Think you can do that?" He wasn't sure if she could or not. He knew script magic made words appear out of air, and the word would be composed of whatever it was describing. But could she make just a mirror, without the word 'mirror'?

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 4th December 2015, 9:27 pm

The girl quickly dodged the rock, though her exceed was absolutely terrified of it. "Sorano-chan, that's scary!" Hoshi wailed, as usual, Sorano sighed, and patted her friend's head briefly before turning back to Speculo. He was explaining how to make a mirror out of thin air, she frowned. Solid Script was easy for concentrating the energy, since it was something everyday, constantly used: a word. But making something just out of plain old magic? Well, she needed a focal point. Deciding it would be her palm, Sorano concentrated on the word mirror, just like in Solid Script. However, only a faint shimmering of magic in the word "mirror" showed up, since she hadn't written it out.

Nope, concentrating on the word wasn't going to work. Concentrating on the image of a mirror instead? Within her mind, Sorano drew the image of a mirror on her palm, even shading in shines and shadows. Still, the results weren't good. A shimmering shadow of a mirror appeared, but that was it. Only a shadow made of magical energy. She sighed again, tossing that idea.

"It's hard..." she muttered, her brow furrowing in concentration. She gathered the energy again, her magical aura wavering around her, pulling her magical energy towards that location. This time, she basically poured in everything that came to mind when she thought of mirrors, and slammed it down in frustration. However, the result wasn't exactly what she had been pushing for. A weird half-existent half-weird magic gas thingy lump of mirror-like metal appeared above her palm before thunking into it dully and dissipating into magic energy again. "Argh..." she grumbled, before breathing in and out to calm her emotions. She had promised herself years ago to gain complete control of her emotions constantly ever since those fateful days, and she didn't want to break that promise now.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 4th December 2015, 11:40 pm

Speculo

Speculo could tell she was struggling with her emotions, along with creating the mirror. She was pouring so much magical energy into this simple thing. And what she made was just... that thing was a pitiful excuse for something made of magic. Both of them were. The shadow, and the lump of shiny metal. Like, what even were those?! The shadow was close, but not enough magic put in the right spot. The lump of.. whatever it was just wasn't even made right. At all. He was ashamded of those things. But, he wouldn't laugh at her. Although he did cringe when it dropped to the ground, only to dissipate. He figured he would have to explain more.

"Ok, you're letting your emotions get the better of you. This is a mirror. Something plain, something reflective. Keep calm when you are making it. Be indifferent. Just, let it form. It may take a few seconds, maybe even minutes. But let it become."

He demonstrated again, raising his palm forward, he breathed in, then breathed out. He let the magic go to his hand, he shaped it with his mind, and then it was there. A mirror once more. "Now you try it. Stay calm."

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 5th December 2015, 1:32 am

Sorano sighed. It was awfully annoying being reminded to keep her emotions in check. It was especially bad because it brought back memories she would rather forget, the reasons why she always came off as indifferent and aloof. Even while using the magic, she hadn't looked frustrated or anything. She had had to learn to control her emotions after that day, and she had her first mentor to thank that she wasn't some psychopath at the moment.

She built another diagram, something her previous mentor, Anna would have disapproved of. Anna liked abstract, imaginative things, not organized diagrams, but they worked better for Sorano. Concentrating, she went back to the meditation lessons Anna had taught her to keep her emotions in check. She imagined a pool of water pooling in her palm, full of magical energy. She imagined the top freezing, forming the diagram, and the water falling away, freezing her emotions at the same time. When she looked up again, her eyes were as cold and unfeeling as ice and a small, perfectly circular mirror sat in her palm.

"I apologize for my previous immaturity, I do hope you deem my results better this time," she said crisply, every word she said standing at attention. Though Speculo didn't know it, having told her to keep her emotions in check may not have been the best of things. Though learning control had saved her, it had taken two years and a warming, welcoming new guild family for her to slowly let herself socialize and actually talk more to people without sounding like she was reading out of an English grammar manual. Reminders only froze the shield around her heart again.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 7th December 2015, 10:26 pm

Speculo

He nodded once more at the perfect mirror. On the inside, he was overjoyed that his explanation on how to form it actually worked, but he had to keep it cool. Right? Mentors weren't supposed to be super positive reinforcing, right? All grim and dark and only punish? That's all that he knew, growing up in a guild of Assassins. One day, he would burn that hall to the ground. With everyone in it.

He cleared his throat before saying, "So, you did it. Can it show Auras just like the other mirror?" He asked, looking into it. He wondered if this mirror had any other special properties that he didn't know about. If her just enchanting Intervention on a real mirror told auras, what would one completely made of magic do? Nothing? The same? More?

Another thought running through his head was what to do now. The next spell. Should it be to cast Intervention on the mirror? Or have her cast Shard on it? Maybe Shatter? No, Shatter would be too advanced for her. Shard would be better. Maybe Truth Seer would be an easy one for her to make. With all it's separation of what is real and false, kind of like her auras. Maybe? Was that how they worked? Aaahh. He had no clue. Ok, Intervention. We've already covered it, and now it's reapplying it. That should be next.

"Can you cast Intervention on it? Just do what you did before with the real mirror, just now with this one. It should be a little easier as this was made from your own magic."

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 7th December 2015, 11:19 pm

OOC: Watch as I fill this with random blah to take up spaceand meet word count xP))

Sorano glanced at the mirror in her palm. She showed it to Hoshi, saying, "Hoshi-chan?" The exceed peered into it, and gasped.

"Whoa, Sora-chan, it's so clear! And the floaty color thingies are there too!" the enthusiastic exceed chirped, in stark contrast to her companion's serious attitude. Hoshi could get excited by anything and everything, but scared just as much.

After listening to his instructions, Sorano nodded coolly, glancing down at her mirror. Using the auric hand again, she neatly pierced the mirror's surface and opened her eyes again, feeling the ease of the magic this time. "Speculo-sensei. The magic is much easier with this mirror. Is it because it is made solely of magic? Or is it because it is my own mirror?" she asked, glancing up.

She set her gaze briefly on his aura. All calm there, nothing much. She still didn't trust the mage too much, him being about twice her age and not affiliated with anything that she knew of. Perhaps she shouldn't show him too much of her magic? It might be best to play it safe. Though her very own first mentor was an independent mage, Anna Litbell had been someone she had known already, not some random guy met at a library. At least seeing his aura helped her feel more assured, knowing when his emotions might randomly spike or anything. She analyzed him while pretending to work on her mirror, her calculating eyes scanning his physique and possible weapons. He seemed a good enough fighter, healthy enough, with a katana slung at his waist. A mistake of his was long hair, which could be used for an opponent to grab. After having her hair pulled once, the letter mage had always kept a thorny vine or spiked strap in her hair afterwards. He had rather bland personality, nothing special, either.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 8th December 2015, 6:46 pm

OOC: Basically what I have been doing for the past three posts. xD I really hate doing it, because it just takes up a bunch of time.

Speculo

"It's probably because of both. That it's your magic, and it is purely made of magic. You are used to applying properties to things made out of magic, you do it all the time." He put his hands on his lower back, pushing while he bent back a little. A few audible pops were heard. He sighed. "How about we go get something to eat? I can't imagine you doing all this is and not being hungry."

He knew when he first did this magic, it was very tiring. And his mother gave him cake after a completed spell. Man, being a kid was great. At least, under the age of 4 for him it was. Man. Now he really wanted cake. Sweet things were his favorite, although he never really expressed it.

"Or can you go on? I want you to keep making mirrors. As these will be your primary source for casting mirror spells, you need to be able to make them in an instant." He made a mirror once more, it flashing into his palm in less than a second. He discarded it, it shattering and disappearing, before making another one right away.

He couldn't tell if she was tired or not. She always had on such a serious expression on her face and utterly deadpan in her voice. It was getting near noon, and he didn't have much to eat this morning. He hoped she was tired and hungry. Or just hungry, that would work to. Maybe her Exceed was hungry? With their small belly, they couldn't fill up too much, right?

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 8th December 2015, 10:31 pm

"I see..." she mumbled, looking at the mirror. When he asked about food, she smirked a bit. Food was no worry of hers. "Solid Script: Bento!" she commanded, her hand flashing through the air. The letters hung in the air for a second, before transforming into three neatly packed bento boxes. The only limit to what solid script could do was the words. Of course, the girl could hunt and find edible plants as well, but she didn't know the area well enough to do that quickly. Using magic was much faster, and Solid Script non-combat spells took no energy whatsoever.

"My magic bento contains normal things like rice and fish, but it will also manifest what you want. One serving only, though," she informed him, handing one wrapped box to him and one to Hoshi. She opened hers and took out thin chopsticks before delicately eating the contents. "Sorano-chan's magic bento are yummy!" Hoshi squealed, reaching in with a white paw and nipping out a fish before munching away cheerfully. While eating, Sorano quickly took out a book on ancient magic written in some ancient language or the other and began to read at an amazing rate, her eyes flashing across page after page in a matter of seconds while she ate calmly the whole time. Reading was something she did often during meal breaks or free time. She could have gone on, but she had wanted to finish the three inch wide tome today. At the moment, Speculo didn't exist for all she cared. An earthquake could happen and she wouldn't notice. Letter mages were easily lost in their books, after all.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 10th December 2015, 6:15 pm

Speculo

Speculo watched as the words hung in the air for a second. And during that second, he was confused. How would writing a box that normally contained food make anything but the box? He was as startled as he was confused when the bento boxes appeared out of thin air. How did... If it was solid script, shouldn't it have come out in the letters B E N T and O? And he asked her just that.

But, they would manifest whatever he wanted? ..anything? He slowly opened his up, and... cake. and candy, and sweet fruits. Oh man, this was awesome. He needed to learn this spell. He quickly dug in, tasting the cake before popping one candy into his mouth. If she looked at him weird, he would just glare at her. She had her favorite foods, and he had his. "These are yummy, thank you!" He said through a mouth-full of cake. It was red velvet with strawberry chunks inside... If there were gods, he would be praising them right now.

He slowly ate his cake, noting the 'one serving only' that Sorano mentioned. He wanted to savor this cake. It was only one other time he had red velvet with strawberries, and that was when he was young, still living with his mother. The first birthday he remembered. And nothing he had ever tasted had even come close to tasting like that cake. But here it was... his mothers cake..

One tear came down his face.

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 10th December 2015, 11:21 pm

OOC: Apologizing beforehand for Sora's rudeness...))

Sorano barely heard Speculo asking his question, she was so lost in the book. Hoshi nudged her several times before digging her claws into Sorano's arm. "Sorano-chan! Speculo's asking you a question!" the exceed finally yelled as the letter mage yelped and swatted Hoshi's paw off.

Listening to Speculo's question again, Sorano sighed slowly, uncomfortable with all these questions. She wanted to reveal as little as possible about her magic. "Solid Script's form depends on what is being made. Most forms are made of the letters but there are exceptions to this rule. For example, my lightning spell starts out as the letters madeof lightning before coming together and striking. My water spell as all the droplets together in the word at first, before  striking at the target," she explained, before sticking her nose back into the book.

However, soon something disturbed her line of vision. One of the few things that could get Sorano's nose out of a book was the presence of unusual emotions in the area. Glancing up, the letter mage realized that her mentor's aura had turned a shade of sadness, blotting out the once neutral colors. Looking at his physical form, Sorano could see indeed that a tear had come down his face. She stood abruptly, glaring at him.

"Do you have so little control of your emotions? How are you to set an example for me as your mentor if you are crying in front of your mentee? This is pathetic. How does one survive in this cold, harsh world when they cry over magically manifested food? Look at me. Here I am, a thirteen-year-old girl who doesn't even flinch when she hears things about her whole, entire family that's DEAD. How do you survive out there is my question,"
    Sorano said coldly, her eyes reflecting cold auric fire.

Control of emotions was essential to the girl, and anyone who didn't have control was a disappointment to her. "Sorano-chan, isn't that a bit harsh?" Hoshi whimpered softly, tugging at the letter mage's sandal straps.

"Let's get back to training. I've lost my appetite,"
    Sorano continued, resuming the practice of making mirrors.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 11th December 2015, 7:38 pm

Speculo

Speculo glared up at her. What? How did she DARE say that to him. As if SHE was the only one to have a traumatic experience! He set the cake on the ground slowly, rising up. He hadn't felt this kind of rage since he left Treasure Coffer. He couldn't care less how the Exceed would react.

He reached forward viciously , grabbing Sorano's arm hard and breaking her mirror simultaneously. He turned her towards him without a care how much it hurt. "You wanna know.. How I survived? How I survived knowing by suspicion that my only family member, my mother, is dead?! Just like yours is?! I was taken hostage by the people who MURDERED HER!!" He screamed in her face. And he kept doing it. "I HAD TO TRAIN WITH HER KILLERS. AND KILL PEOPLE FOR THEM. AND I LEFT THEM LESS THAN TWO MONTHS AGO, AND THEY HAVE BEEN TRACKING ME DOWN, TRYING TO KILL ME." He remembered he had her arm in his hand, and he used it to shove her down to the ground.

"You want to know why I let loose my emotions right then?! Because that blasted cake.." he pointed to his cake on the ground, more tears coming down his face. "That was the first thing I remember eating that my mother made me. And it tastes exactly the same. You, are NOT better than ANYONE! And NEITHER AM I!" He stared down at her for a moment through blurry eyes.

He turned around, and starting walking, picking up his cake before going too far.

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 11th December 2015, 9:15 pm

OOC: lol, turning into a social thread xD))

Sorano didn't flinch as the man's aura suddenly flared up in anger. She had predicted it would happen, and she didn't resist as her grabbed her by the shoulder, and pushed her down, hard. In fact, she remained completely emotionless, settling herself into a casual, cross-legged position on the ground where he had pushed her. She watched coldly as he vented his anger, yelling and shouting at her. This sort of thing happened a lot, as Sorano wasn't accustomed to how other people thought, her main companions being books. But she could see their emotions clearly enough, and Speculo's was so bright now it hurt her eyes. She could feel hot angry energy building up around him.

"I never said I was better than anyone else. If anything, I'm worse. I let myself down and killed because my own anger blinded me, Speculo-san. Forgive me if I did not explain my reasons thoroughly enough, but as most people, I don't exactly tell just anyone about my past," she replied to his angry comments, almost like a counselor, "But I'm redeeming myself for that mistake now by ensuring it won't happen again."

Now, whilst this was all happening, Hoshi stared in fright, anger, and horror as the man shoved her best friend, her hero, the person who had let poor useless her tag along and even taught her magic to the ground. A slow, deadly rage began to build inside her, and the ground began to quiver as a holy presence seemed to fill the canyon. "Don't. Touch. My. FRIEND!" Hoshi yelled, her voice suddenly magnified throughout the canyon, as if a godly force suddenly spoke through her. Knowing what was about to happen, Sorano tugged hard on Hoshi's tail, saying, "No, Hoshi-chan, I appreciate your help, but it's nothing serious. Nothing you need to call on Mother Nature for." The rumbling, the howling winds, the holy presence all began to fade away, leaving a shaken Hoshi.

"Please, if only for my exceed companion and your own safety, calm down. You accepted me as your mentee. Now I suggest you act as the mentor. I have already apologized. We ought to get on with this before the day is over, and I hope you won't scare Hoshi-chan like that anymore,"
    Sorano said softly, stroking Hoshi to calm the shivering exceed down.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 13th December 2015, 12:50 pm

OOC: A little Drama is always good for rp's, no? >:P and Sorano started it.

Speculo

Speculo only sat down, not seeming to care that a minor earthquake just happened. He faced away from her, holding the cake. "Keep making mirrors." He said simply as he continued on the cake, taking small bites to savor it.

Sitting away from there was something he wanted to do, and needed to do. That Exceed... What did it have inside of it? It seemed protective of Sorano, but this time it got angry. He felt the magic that it had when it witnessed Speculo practically assaulting her friend, but now it was gone... His eyes had turned from those of sadness and rage to calculating, searching the knowledge he knew for anything that he could think of.

All Exceed were magical in some way, most having wings to fly around. But some had special abilities. Sorano had mentioned Mother Nature... was that the cat's ability? Some awesome power bottled up? Only to come out in rage? It was possible...

He made two small mirrors, one in each hand, and cast Truth Seer on one. Holding the reflective mirror behind the now opace piece of glass, he cast his eyes to the Exceed behind him in such a way that they wouldn't be able to tell unless they looked closely at him. With the time given between his order for her to keep making mirrors and now, Sorano and her magic is what both of the girls should be focused on.

This spell was to show false from truth. All illusions dissipated when looked at through Truth Seer. Any lies would be shown as well as truths. What would he see of the two of them? What would be revealed?

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 13th December 2015, 10:58 pm

OOC: True LOL))

Nodding coolly at her mentor's response, Sorano began to concentrate hard on her hand once more, slowly forming mirror, shattering them, and repeating the process. She experimented with larger ones, smaller ones, trying out the effects on auras for each. She soon found that giving the mirrors a slight upward curve sharpened the auras, while a downward curve reduced the auric prints.

While concentrating, her auric sense was up high to concentrate auric vision into the mirrors, so she sensed a change in magic and emotion of Speculo without looking at him. Realizing he had cast a spell, Sorano was instantly on guard, her fingers flicking out the letters of a spell in case he assaulted her with Magic. However, nothing harmful came at her, or Hoshi. Well, if it didn't harm them, she only needed to be on guard. She returned to her mirror-making.

What Speculo would see in the mirrors, would probably be less than he expected. Nothing super extravagant or anything, for sure. Maybe some things didn't show on the outside, but could have been inferred from previous knowledge. What he would see in Sorano, was that she seemed to have a glowing white aura that seemed to be half of her. It was just part of her, a part of aura few people had. It was simply proof of her lineage from the warrior who had control of his aura. Hoshi would likely be a but of a letdown for him. She had a normal mage-exceed's appearance, except for one part: She seems to be one with the Elements. When looking at her, she blended so well with the land, you could barely tell she was separate. This would be all Speculo could see.

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 17th December 2015, 12:03 pm

Speculo

Speculo focused on the Exceed, and.. didn't see anything. Anything. Not even the cat. Just, blank space. Was she some sort of illusion? Speculo sat up a little straighter in surprise, but noticed something when he did. He moved the mirror around, and could see her outline, how is contrasted and didn't fit the rocky background. She was.. one with nature. Calling upon Mother Nature.... Interesting.

He noticed as well Sorano's aura, and that it only covered half of her body. He didn't know about auras, but this was definitely interesting.

He chuckled as she wrote words in defense to his magic. "Don't worry Sorano. I'm just making sure you are working." He dispelled his magic, contemplating. He didn't really have any reason to be suspicious of them or anything, but he was just morbidly curious. He wanted to know exactly what he was getting himself into.

He finished his cake, putting the lid back on the box and scooting it to the side. Maybe he needed to learn how to bake. At least just how to make that glorious food. He smiled sadly at the box, then stood and turned to Sorano. His face now held the face of a teacher.

"Alright. Time to test you. Dispell all your mirrors, and stand still. I want you to reflect this rock back so it hits me. Remember to deepen the space inside the mirror so it can. Got it?"
    He picked a rock about the size of his fist, tested it's weight, then threw it hard at her.

I Make My Own Luck
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 18th December 2015, 12:02 am

Sorano raised an eyebrow neatly, not trusting the older mage completely, but didn't press it. She kept the invisible letters floating by her, however, so she wouldn't have to write out the whole thing if anything happened. She'd only have to apply magic. Meanwhile, her bento spell was running out of magical energy to run on. It flickered back into the letters before disappearing altogether. Solid Script spells were tidy, and disappeared after some time. It happened now, quickly.

Reaching out to prod at Speculo's aura, she was relieved to see it had calmed back down to something mostly normal. Well, no need for her to get any more bruises. She had willingly buckled under the weight of his blow so it dealt minimal damage, but it had still hurt.

Turning to Speculo, Sorano snapped her hand up briskly, sketching out the magical seal diagram onto her palm with energy, then smoothing the product neatly. As the rock hurtled towards her, she eyeballed the distance and speed, adjusting the depth of the mirror a bit, working with the force inside that reflected light as well. The rock sank into it just a bit, before bouncing back towards Speculo.

Once Sorano learned something, she didn't forget it. Glancing over at Speculo, she asked, "Was that quite acceptable, Speculo-sensei?" It was quite infuriating for her to call this mage "sensei", after training under the watchful eye of the high-ranked teenage mage Anna Litbell. She hadn't been able to imagine anyone could ever live up to the innovative blonde mage.

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 9:20 am