Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB)

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Speculo (former)
    Experience : 779,415

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Advanced Solid Script
    Second Skill: Aura Manipulation
    Third Skill: N/A

Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) Empty Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB)

Post by ivyleaf33 14th September 2015, 4:43 pm

Job Form:
    Sorano stood at the entrance to Spooky Forest, recalling what had happened. She had received a package, and read the book as well as listened to the lacrima. She had ended up taking the job because she was just bored. And needed to do something, really. She thumbed through the worn book again, nervously. This was her first job without her exceed companion, Hoshi at her side. The exceed had adamantly refused to go when she heard the lacrima, due to her scaredy-cat personality. Sorano sighed. No use just standing there, she had signed up for this job, and she couldn't back out now! As she stepped in, she nearly stopped at the memory of the lieutenant's freaked voice. It sounded nothing, nothing like the forest she had collected herbs in once. What had happened here? The woods were unnaturally quiet, and the wind rustled through the foliage occasionally. The girl could only steel herself and press on.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) B2WXv4aK_o
    sorano granon | solid script | aura manipulation | bank | armory
    i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet

Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) Empty Re: Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB)

Post by ivyleaf33 15th September 2015, 7:22 pm

As Sorano walked through the forest, she immediately regretted what she had chosen to wear. A loose dress was not especially good for walking in a cold forest, and her loose hair kept snagging in branches and leaves along the trail. She twirled her charm bracelet nervously, letting herself show her true emotions when no one else was nearby. If only Hoshi were here... She brushe the thought away, and continued onward. The trees seemed to loom in around her, and the words from the lacrima echoed through her head, "Everywhere you look there are huge trees and if you look up there is nothing but branches and leaves. The vegetation on the higher levels of the forest is incredibly dense, so there barely is any light down on ground level. It almost feels like we're alone in another world with no way out, and that damn fog isn't helping either. All this is taking it's toll on the minds of the others." she shuddered, and walked on, trying to ignore that paranoid feeling in the back of her head.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) Empty Re: Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB)

Post by ivyleaf33 18th September 2015, 6:35 pm

She walked on, bending down to look for any traces of the monster the diary and lacrima had spoken about so fearfully. She would breathe in and out every now and then, to try and calm herself. What was it, though, about this place that made everything so eerie? A musty scent would drift through the thick fog that had somehow fallen over the forest. Any other sound besides her footstep and her breathing were muffled and hidden, as if the woods were trying to bury them in the oceans of fog. She tripped over something, falling clumsily to the ground. Brushing herself off, she looked down to notice slight pit in the ground, as if someone had ground their foot into the ground there. There were a few more, but she couldn't see beyond that, as the fog had hidden everything in sight. What an eerie place! She felt like something was behind every tree, watching and waiting.

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 18th September 2015, 6:35 pm

The member 'ivyleaf33' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) NormalMonster Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) StrongMonster
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 19th September 2015, 10:05 am

All of a sudden, something seemed to push her. An unseen force shoved her roughly into a tree, causing her to yell in pain. She whipped out a dart, ready to fight, but there was nothing there. She felt around for anything invisible that could have done it, using all her knowledge of things that could have done this. A ghost, maybe? Or perhaps some other form of spirit? But no matter how she looked, her hand never felt the indescribable feeling that came with touching a ghost, or anything else. Creepy... she thought, looking around cautiously. She slowly stood up, and winced at the pain from the impact. Whatever had pushed her must have been solid enough to do at least that. She took a few steps forward, and was suddenly chilled to the bone as something seemed to peer out from the trees. She knew it was there... Something unnatural was watching her.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 26th September 2015, 1:03 pm

She whipped around, peering into the fog, with a dreadful feeling that there was someone there. They didn't show their face, and no matter how hard Sorano looked, she couldn't see anything. "Uh, uh, hello? Anyone there? I don't want to hurt you," she stuttered, shocked at how uncontrolled her voice was. Among her few friends, she was considered the coldest and the most controlled. For her voice to be stuttering so much, there had to be some sort of magic at work here. A magic that caused people to be scared? And invisible? She pulled out a dart, and prepared it; holding it up in the direction of that cold dreadful feeling. Whenever she turned around, she could just imagine it, yellow eyes glaring out at her from the darkness, fangs and claws at the ready to rip into her. But yet, there was always nothing, nothing but the surrounding fog to greet her.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 26th September 2015, 1:10 pm

As Sorano continued to peer into the mist for this unknown person, she suddenly heard a screeching laugh off in the distance, muffled by the mist. She jumped, goose bumps rising on her arms, and she let out a strangled hissing sound. The combination of this screechy laugh and those unknown chills made her want to scream. She couldn't calm herself down, and her heart pounded against her ribs. Behind her, a thrashing sound began. She whirled around, only to see a tree slowly falling towards her. This time, she did scream, and ran. She could hear the crashing, the laughing, and feel the taunting stare behind her as she crashed through the woods, her old nightmares coming back to haunt her. It's Nikolyn, it's Nikolyn! Run, run, hide, hide! The girl lost her composure, and ran until she couldn't run any further. She collapsed in a heap, breathing heavily. She knew she had to calm down, but her panic was just too great.

Last edited by ivyleaf33 on 26th September 2015, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 26th September 2015, 1:10 pm

'Monster Dice' :
    Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) WeakMonster Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) WeakMonster Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) NormalMonster
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 1st October 2015, 3:05 pm

She gasped, and tried to remember the meditation exercises she had learned with Anna, her mentor. She took in shaky breaths, and released them, trying to find that inner calm that came with the rhythmic breathing. Yet, how could she concentrate with that weird feeling that something was there, and that maniacal laugh that had faded into a long, shrill, scream? She wished she had learned the silence spell Anna had mentioned to her. It would at least take the edge off of her fear. Chills ran down her spine as she sat there, cross-legged. That presence! She stood up, unable to attempt calm any longer, and yelled into the mist. "Who are you? What do you want from me?" she called, shivering as the sound seemed to go on forever, never stopping. The feeling only intensified, and did the eerie laughing and screaming from somewhere far, far off. How long had she been here? It seemed like forever.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 1st October 2015, 5:32 pm

To her surprise, after that sudden intensifying of the glare, it stopped altogether. Sorano froze, afraid of any trick this monster was trying to play. However, it seemed to have gone somewhere else for the time being. She sighed, and relaxed against a tree trunk, borrowing strength from its solidness. She slowly grew calmer, breathing in the damp scent of the air around her, and cast her auric vision out for any signs of life. She didn't sense any besides the plants and fungi, which was why she jumped as the crunching of leaves echoed through the air in the place she had just been looking. Sorano yelped and clung to the tree branch in fright. But nothing came through. There were no footprints on the foggy ground before her, nor any other sign of disturbance. No matter how hard she swept the area with her auric vision, it revealed no life. Could the fog be blocking it?

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 1st October 2015, 5:32 pm

'Monster Dice' :
    Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) WeakMonster Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) NormalMonster Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) StrongMonster Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) NormalMonster
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 2nd October 2015, 7:53 pm

As the eerie noises finally faded off, Sorano sat there, wondering. Why didn't the fog creature return her call? Was it not capable of such a thing? Or was this new monster simply trying to mess with her? Now, Sorano had finally calmed down and was trying to figure out this newest puzzle. She should try to lure the creature out, or jump on it by surprise. But if it always seemed to know where she was, what was the use in trying to ambush it? Still, there was no reason not to try. She had taken this job, and she was going to finish it! Not just for the reward, which wasn't small, or anything else. It was really just for her pride and her stubbornness in these situations. Sorano clambered nimbly up a nearby tree, soiling her dress on the damp wood, and rested in a branch. Though it was impossible to see through the mist, her auric vision would alert her of any life.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 3rd October 2015, 2:36 pm

Almost immediately, things started to happen all at once. First off, that chilling feeling once more appeared, making Sorano gasp in fear and shock. Then, the branch she was on began to shake violently, though nothing else shook. And finally, a piercing scream seemed to shake the forest to its roots. What was happening? Sorano yelped in alarm as the branch bucked one last time and sent her flying. Good thing Sorano was fast and alert, being able to easily twist in the air to land mostly on her feet in some prickly bushes. Though she received some scratches, she was otherwise unharmed. The screaming and the feeling of doom didn't help, though, and Sorano took off once more, running through the forest, trying to get away from the cause. A huge boulder rocketed towards her, barely missing the girl, and on she ran, trying in vain to escape the screams of that figure, invisible, coming towards her.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 7th October 2015, 7:14 pm

This time, she didn't stop until she practically stepped into a lake. Well, she didn't really know it was a lake, because of the mist, but she stepped into some water. Trying in vain to wave the fog away, she could only discern that there was at least some minor living organisms in here, which was a relief after the nearly lifeless forest, which should have been filled with animals. That chilling feeling would cloak her, and she crossed her arms, shivering. She now knew that the feeling wouldn't do anything to her, but man, it got her on the tips of her toes. And periodically, those sounds would change, from screams, to laughs, to footsteps. She felt like her arm hairs were to stay up forever in this creepy, spooky forest. It was torture, feeling this all the time, with no way to stop it, and not many places she could run, either.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 11th October 2015, 6:11 pm

Reaching out with her senses, she did her best to pinpoint where this new monster was. She couldn't see anything, but all her other senses were free for her to use. However, that notion was soon shot down as she started to reach out. Hearing it was impossible, with that freaky laughing and screaming coming from everywhere. She hurriedly covered her ears at that. She tried to smell, but all that filled her nose was the soft familiar musty smell of forest she knew so well, with a rainy tense scent from the mist. She could taste nothing on the air, and all she could feel was that freaky sensation that somebody was watching her. She narrowed in on that feeling, sensing it, letting it in just enough for her to get a real sense of it, but not so much that it would overwhelm her. She soon felt a vague sense of this thing's location... Across the lake.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 13th October 2015, 6:48 pm

Steeling herself, she whispered to herself over and over again that it would be okay. Just do that stupid air spell and get this over with! She thought, fiercely, breathing in and out slowly. Normally, she wouldn't mind swimming, having spent her childhood swimming in the nearby rivers with her brothers. And that, was even without a spell to supply her for air. The thing was, this place, this 'Spooky Forest' was different. The very figurative aura around it oozed mystery and the essence of 'bad'. Not exactly a good place to swim in a fog-enshrouded place. But, Sorano was a Fairy Tail mage, and guess what: Fairy Tail mages would do stupid things for adventure. So, against her screaming instincts, Sorano Scribbled in the air, whispering, "Solid Script: Air!" As the air bubbles enveloped her, she dove into the lake, ready for some adventure. The lake was cold, very cold, and her spell couldn't help with that, but Sorano continued on, slowly.

Stats:

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 1st November 2015, 5:19 pm

Swimming through, she looked around, attempting to find some sign of life with her aura sight, desperately hoping for new results. To her relief, she could spot some tiny glowing auras of animals, among the microscopic and the plants I the murky water. Tucking the edge of her skirt into the air bubble, she swam on, still feeling a chill even under water in an air bubble. It was strangely therapeutic, swimming through a murky lake with some monster chasing after her. The water muffled the scary sounds, so it was calmer. Though that chilling sensation was still there, it was easier to try and ignore it to Sorano. When her feet slowly began to touch sand again, Sorano was much more calm. Climbing out of the lake, Sorano wrung out the edge of her skirt, being wet from the lake. Cancelling her spell, she walked onwards, searching for he target.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 9th November 2015, 10:56 pm

Finally! Sorano spotted a dash of movement out of the corner of her eye. It had to be the monster! Excited now, Sorano began to track it, searching for dashes of black and any other traces. Though she was very badly shaken up, the letter mage was still thrilled to be chasing down her target at long last. Running after it, Sorano tripped and stumbled on roots and bushes, falling constantly and slowly picking herself up. Though she was scratched all over, she had to find this killer. Thinking back on how it had apparently killed a bunch of Rune Knights, it had to be dangerous. And, if it had once been a woman... Sorano pondered the newest question. If the monster had once been a woman, could it still have some sense and humanity in it? Would it listen to her if she asked it to stop somehow? She couldn't belive it would, but then, who knew?

OOC: Dice roll for Boss))

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 9th November 2015, 10:56 pm

'Monster Dice' :
    Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) WeakMonster Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) WeakMonster Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) NormalMonster Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) NormalMonster Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) NormalMonster Nightmare Incarnate: The Beginning(JOB) StrongMonster
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 9th November 2015, 11:05 pm

Suddenly, as Sorano had been thinking, the figure she was chasing turned around, and paused, as if considering its move, and threw itself at the young mage. Letting out a yell, Sorano threw her arms up to defend herself, flinging a feathered dart at the creature. The wind rushed oi her ears as she fell back, dodging the attack. The monster roared angrily, then let out a creepy, chilling cackling laugh. This laugh wasn't human. It was insane, the sound of someone gone mad. Clutching her sensitive ears in anguish, the young letter mage skidded backwards, before retaliating and drawing out her fingers to write a spell in defense for the monster's next move. It rang around her suddenly, and Sorano froze, the monster slamming into her shoulder with what seemed like tentacles. With a yell, Sorano unfroze, shoving the monster from her in a sudden feat of strength. Holding out her hands, she began to write.

Stats:

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 10th November 2015, 7:42 pm

Boss Description:

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 10th November 2015, 7:50 pm

"Solid Script: Fire!" she yelled, throwing her hands open as the monster charged. The stream of fire whooshed out in the shapes of letters, engulfing the black-clad figure. She couldn't make out any details of its face, but could see tentacles slithering around it. It writhed in the flames for a brief moment, before retaliating by lashing out a at the young mage with it's likewise black tentacles, scratching her cheek, as the girl slid to the side. Whipping out two other darts, Sorano shot them straight at the beast, and saw in the light of the flames as it protruded out of the humanoid. "What do you want?" she yelled over the flames licking around her, "why are you attacking so many people?" She dodged a tentacle, and realized that the fog was drawing back at the flames. Weird. When the monster didn't seem to have reacted to the words that Sorano had spoken, she sighed, and settled into another fighting stance.

Stats:

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 11th November 2015, 12:35 pm

"Solid Script: Storm!" she yelled, her fingers flashing as she scribbled out the spell. As rain, hail, snow, and debris rushed together into a mini hurricane from the faded words, Sorano, anticipating the monster's dodge thrust her hands to a spot right to the side of the monster, and the beast dove right into the hurricane. Watching in anticipation, Sorano held her breath as the storm went on and on. A few tentacles lashed out occasionally, once cutting Sorano across the leg. Considering her position, the letter mage then tossed in three darts for good measure. The hurricane moved too fast for the beast to escape, and there wasn't much she could do until it was all over. So, she resorted to dodging the tentacles that whipped out occasionally from the whirl of wind. Before long, it was getting boring and Sorano knew the monster was probably too powerful for a simple wind to defeat. She put her hands together and began to manifest her aura.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 12th November 2015, 7:27 pm

As her auric form exploded out, the Aura Sorano darted into the storm, not being harmed by it. Finding the shape squirming within it, the aura began to slash ferociously at the beast. As her pure, gleaming white auric form slashed against the dark, corrupted form, it lashed its tentacles out at her angrily, but the aura could barely feel it. This was dangerous, of course, as she could be hurt without knowing, but Aura Sorano still did her best to dodge, though it was hard to do when she was inside a mini hurricane, of course. If anyone looked at the scene from the outside, it was quite the unusual sight. A whirlwind of water with tentacles of a deep black shooting out from it, only to be pushed back in by brilliant flashes of white light. This went on for quite a long time, the two forms: one dark, one white, slashing at each other.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 12th November 2015, 7:32 pm

With one final flash of light, the hurricane dissipated, the spell finished. Two figures were revealed, drooped, and breathing hard. As Sorano called her aura back around her, the physical form of the girl sat up slowly, wincing at her wounds. The beast who had been fighting the girl also struggled to its feet, defeated. Growling at the girl, and glaring at it with horrifying eyes that seemed to pierce the young girl's soul, it slowly limped back into the forest. Sorano gasped, and tried to go after it, but it was gone too quickly. Sighing, she looked up around her, noticing the mist receding and the auras of animals beginning to appear once more. Smiling, Sorano knew she had completed her first mission without Hoshi. Slowly standing, she cast her healing spell, and limped back to the nearest town to recuperate from the battle. She believed it was high time for a break.

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 6:30 am