Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Oceans Need Some Love!

Irina Naginata
    Irina Naginata

Assassin Queen

Assassin Queen

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Archmage's Seal
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 6,968.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Purifiers Flame
    Second Skill: Resonance (WIP)
    Third Skill:

The Oceans Need Some Love! Empty The Oceans Need Some Love!

Post by Irina Naginata 31st August 2015, 10:44 pm

So seems like we have the ability to buy ships and go sailing... or flying in the open ocean threads... yeah, that looks like... fun. But what is the point of having ships and oceans if there is no point to them, there is like literally one job if there is any that takes you into the oceans and the only people who can do it are those who invest in a ship, but why invest in a ship if all you get is the ability to complete a single job.

I suggest we make ships more appealing so that people actually make use of the system, this may mean a ship overhaul or it may mean simply making a better reason to get a ship. More ocean jobs maybe or maybe some other interactive stuff instead to make it a lot less "here's a place you can go to do nothing" and more "here's a place you can go to actually do things".

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Irina and Nova Battle Theme:

Theme:
    That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fallen God Slayer 2nd Gen
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Oceans Need Some Love! Empty Re: The Oceans Need Some Love!

Post by That Adopted Kid 31st August 2015, 11:10 pm

Funny enough I was thinking of doing my secondary training story arc/plot on the sea of devils and then I saw the ship stuff and was like "Uh... that's expensive, whatever I'll just use plot and say I found/stole a boat or something."

Now I won't lie, me adding my opinion to this, is uh a little bias and frankly lame, because I am a fan of one piece, go ahead and read my magic, and then realize it's basically Akainu 2.0 (yeah, I stopped caring and decided to make things I never had before and go full cheese cause that's the point of RP to have fun) fairy tail. So I'm all on board (I did a pun), with the idea of ships. I think the problem with ships however, is that people might try and add them to combat etc, and it might be a hassle for mods.

I mean using an airship to barrage an enemy guild or something, or hell using it in a job to just shoot down a boss would be fun, but it might upset balance, Perhaps use it as less of a system, and make a universal job to acquire a craft, state that maybe it can have weapons but they are for plot, or if you want to use it for PvP just add a little-tweaked rules and state ship vs. ship PvP is a thing. Yarr harr right?

Idk those are my ideas for using a ship in the systems we have here, but I agree that expanding or updating it could be really cool, and allow for some fun times to be had. Hell dark guilds could make pirate fleets, the rune knights could have their government based stuff, and then we could have jack sparrow ruin everything! Why is the rum always gone.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Vincent
    Vincent

Player 
    Lineage : Beast Pride
    Experience : 1231.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vincent 1st September 2015, 4:33 am

Transport ships should be available on the cheap and then you should be able to weaponize it at a cost similar to *gasp* a weapon. There simply is nothing to gain from these off the chart prices.

Then we should add some more incentive to use boats. More jobs(hey players that is something we can do ourselves!), maybe some kind of ocean based mini-event, or maybe some kind of treasure hunt system.

Then again why should a treasure hunt system just be limited to the ocean....

Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 1st September 2015, 5:09 am

The problem is a Battleship is a battleship. Not a squeeky toy. They should be extremely potent weapons of war. They should withstand anything you'd throw at it for a time. They're treated here as though they were floating or flying bits of wood, like they would be shattered and torn up if they actually enter combat.

That's why the Roger's Descent lineage was so good, allowing a single player to utilize a battleship if they could get their hands on one. Until people started ignoring the requirements.

But the way I see ships getting made, they might as well be another pet.

I want to see proper reasons why people have what ships they have. On the top of my head I think almost everyone who makes a ship makes something right out of sci fi. How do these people get these ships? How are they allowed by local government to fly them? How do they avoid officials if they don't have that permission?

Having a battleship should rightly be a big deal, comparable at minimum to having a guild spell or two.

Many people get ships as it is though. It's cheap to get a personal ship. Then congrats, you have a space ship as it stands.

_________

If people want more ocean jobs then people should start making them. Perhaps ocean jobs could have increased EXP and Jewel rewards to make them more worth while.

I tried to make a series of fishing jobs based off the fishing rod you can buy in the Port along with the ships, intended to feel more like a minigame, but those were shot down without much care. Heavens forbid there's a job that is actually difficult with a fail state.

The Oceans Need Some Love! NvVyM98

The Oceans Need Some Love! CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 1st September 2015, 5:42 am

Firstly Siren that job series was shot down because...it just didn't balance out that well. Even if you didn't fail the rewards were just not worth it and in all honesty a fishing job sounds like a D rank and i'm good with it as a D rank. Higher ranks though aren't meant to be 'chores' they are meant to be dangerous things that run the risk of death the higher rank they go.

Now if you did something a bit more quirky like I don't know you have to beat the weak rank monster to get bait to fish out the next level of monster (or potentially more of the weak rank ones) then that might be interesting. However, then you have to consider water mages.

But anyway that's off topic.
    ----------------
    Ship system is in revamp atm. Got some dev team on it. I'll get them to look at this thread for further suggestions

The Oceans Need Some Love! Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

The Oceans Need Some Love! Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

The Oceans Need Some Love! Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Irina Naginata
    Irina Naginata

Assassin Queen

Assassin Queen

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Archmage's Seal
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Experience : 6,968.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Purifiers Flame
    Second Skill: Resonance (WIP)
    Third Skill:

Post by Irina Naginata 16th September 2015, 6:14 pm

Coming back to this thread to make a suggestion.

currently as it stands there are Guild Ships which are pretty self explanitory, just massive ships that takes pretty much an entire guild to pilot, a battleship which is a heavily armed ship that isn't as big as a guild ship and takes less crew, but then you have the unarmed transport ships which are heavily armored but defenseless , and then there are the personal ships which hold like 5 people basically the kind of stuff a team would use. But there is no medium sized ship that is not as big as a battle ship, still armed but isn't limited to being a tiny personal ship.

So I'm basically suggesting a cruiser like ship that isn't heavily armed nor is it tiny but is still mobile like a personal ship.

Irina and Nova Battle Theme:

Theme:
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 17th September 2015, 12:38 am

Well, we are working on the ship system currently in the dev team. Should be up and running soon and should allow some more freedom rather than 'this is a battleship so it can do this'

The Oceans Need Some Love! Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

The Oceans Need Some Love! Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

The Oceans Need Some Love! Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 8:27 am