Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Solo Job: Find the Ring!

Tess
    Tess

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Inuki: The Demon Dog
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,950

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Numb Angel ❅ Ice Devil
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Solo Job: Find the Ring! Empty Solo Job: Find the Ring!

Post by Tess 7th August 2014, 10:43 am

Job Information:
    Today, Allison had taken a job that, if completed successfully, would also allow her to help someone and make them happy.  The client was Emy Milton, who was a young woman that was soon to be married.  Right now, Allison was on her way to the edge of Oak Town, where she had been told Ms. Milton would meet her.  Also, there was something different about the job this time around.  After all, Ms. Milton would help Allison find the ring, instead of just leaving her to her own devices and going off to do something else while Allison looked for it.  Allison did appreciate this, and decided that it showed just how important this ring was to Ms. Milton.  This strengthened Allison`s resolve to complete this job to the best of her ability, or Ms. Emy Milton would surely be very upset.

Allison was walking to Oak Town, so it was taking a bit of time for the journey, more than if she had taken a carriage or some other means of transportation.  However, since Allison wasn`t rich and didn`t have the means to afford such, she was stuck with walking, which she actually didn`t mind much.  The problem was, now that she had finally arrived on the edge of Oak Town, she had to find Ms. Emy Milton.  That was proving to be the most difficult part of the job so far, although Allison knew that she hadn`t gotten hardly any part of the job done so far.  After all, she hadn`t even met the client yet...

Allison pulled the slip of paper out of her pocket again, the one that held the job request information.  Apparently, Ms. Milton had dropped the ring in the river, in Oak Town, which was very vague.  Allison did hope that she could find the client soon to retrieve some more information about the ring, it`s whereabouts, and the job itself.  After all, most any job request was slightly vague about at least somethings.  And Allison needed all the information she could get.

Eventually, Allison located Ms. Emy Milton, standing on the side of the road.  She had been no where near her house, and it had taken Allison quite a while to find her.  She had ended up searching for over forty - five minutes before someone had decided to tell her that Ms. Milton had been waiting for her at the side of the road, probably expecting her to drive by in a carriage or something.  Allison had promptly stopped searching and practically flashed over to where she was standing, waiting for a person that had already come.

Once Allison had reached Emy Milton, she waved to her and beamed brightly.  "Hi, I`m Allison!  I`ve accepted your job, so I`m here to help you find your ring!  I promise that I`m going to do whatever it takes to help you find it."  She kept smiling at Emy Milton and waited for her to respond.

"Oh, thank you, Allison."  The young woman turned around and Allison could see that she had been crying.  "My engagement ring is very important to me, you see, since my fiance is away right now, it`s all that I have left of him to remember him by.  I am so very glad that you are here to help me look for it."  Allison smiled at the woman reassuringly, and asked, "Would it be alright if I asked you some more questions about the ring, and the job request?"  Emy Milton immediately agreed and wiped away her tears.  "Of course, dear."  She listened to Allison`s questions and then replied, "Well, firstly, I lost it in the eastern most river in Oak Town.  I was there taking a stroll because it was a beautiful day, sunny and very warm.  My engagement ring was shining beautifully, and I took it off for a moment to admire it.  Then, the wind suddenly blew very hard and I sort of stumbled around, and I dropped it."  Emy Milton paused, as though she might begin crying again.

"The ring is a silver band, with engravings on it that represent my love for him and his for me.  There are three sparkling, clear - cut diamonds set into it, and it`s very precious to me, no matter its actual value on the market.  I would most greatly appreciate it if you could get it back.  I will also be searching with you and assisting you in this job, I know that might be rather unusual, but I will do anything to get this ring back!"  Allison smiled at the young woman with genuine appreciation.  She was strong-willed and determined, which Allison could definitely admire in someone, especially because she herself was lacking a little bit in that area.  "Alright, Ms. Milton, let`s go find that ring!"  Allison said, with obviously strong intentions.

As the two females made their way towards the eastern most river of Oak Town, Allison noted that Emy Milton was a very intelligent young woman as well.  She easily pointed out where she had been walking on her stroll, during which she had lost the ring, and Allison received the impression that this job would be rather easily accomplished due to how much information they already knew.  She was slightly off in this fact, however, as she realised once they actually reached the river.

The Easternmost River of Oak Town was a very fast moving river, and rather wide as well.  It would be difficult to search it unless they were actually in the water, but first, Allison wanted to check that she would not get hypothermia from going into it.  She slipped off her boots and stockings and dipped a toe into it only to leap back with a shriek.  Yes, it was a good thing she had tested it.  The water was ice cold, and surely not safe to swim in.  Allison now knew that there would be complications due to this, because the ring might`ve gone somewhere other than into the river bank, which was practically the only place that one could search without actually going into the water.  Allison tilted her head as she contemplated how she and Emy Milton might go about doing this and searching for the missing ring...

Emy Milton seemed to understand how she felt about the water`s temperature.  "I tried going into it once, but it was much too cold, it`s abnormally freezing for this type of weather.  But, there`s a reason I wanted to come along, besides the fact hat two pairs of eyes is better than one pair.  You see, a friend of mine is also a mage, and she gave me these charms... they cover your body with the correct amount of air pressure and air, which also happens to be a comfortable temperature of around 65 degrees.  Therefore, using these, we can probably dive into the river without freezing to death."  The young woman beamed at Allison and handed her one of the charms, which had the appearance of a pendant on a length of cut cord.  Allison accepted it and put it on, and immediately began to feel the effects.

Before listening to Ms. Milton say anything about effects of the charms, and how long it would be before it wore off, Allison dove head - first into the water with very little of a splash.  The river was surprisingly deep, but underneath the water, Allison could see perfectly fine.  It was also surprisingly clear, so Allison decided that there should be little trouble finding the ring.  After all, it wasn`t as though the ring was in some sort of pouch or something that could conceal it`s location.  It was a shiny object, and Allison was naturally attracted to shiny objects.

After an hour of looking, the charm still hadn`t worn off, and Allison still hadn`t found the ring.  She turned around to see if Ms. Milton had had any better luck, but couldn`t see her.  Hmm, Allison thought, Perhaps she`s farther up the river.  Allison was mostly unconcerned, since she was sure that Emy Milton would be fine due to her great sense of direction and impeccable memory.  But, Allison had problem sof her own.  She was beginning to think that this job was impossible, because she had still not found the ring!  She was even looking down stream for it, so it should actually have flowed down here if it had not already.  Allison popped her head back up above water and took a deep breath of the natural fresh air.  Perhaps it was time to take a break and try to find Ms. Milton...

Ms. Milton was nowhere to be seen once Allison got out of the river, still completely dry thanks to the charm.  However, Allison thought that she caught a glimpse of something shiny further down river!  She ran over towards it before she realised that the river went into a waterfall right about here... And that Emy Milton was sitting on one of the stones next to the waterfall down below, calling for help!  Allison immediately ran to above the waterfall and called down at her.  "Emy-san, are you alright?"  She asked.  The young woman beamed up at her with a bright smile.  "I`m perfectly fine!  I found my ring!"  The young woman held up a beautiful engagement ring, that sparkled in the falling sunlight.

"I`m just slightly stuck here.  Can you give me a hand and grab something to help me climb up?"  Emy Milton slipped the ring securely on her finger, grabbed the tree branch that Allison offered her, and hoisted herself up, fitting her feet into nooks and crannies in the stone ledge above her.  Eventually, she was safe at the top, and Allison and her actually just sat there for a moment, enjoying the beautiful view as the sun set beyond the horizon line.  Today`s job had turned out better than expected, and Allison was very pleased with the results.  

Back at Emy Milton`s home, Allison was thanked very enthusiastically for her help with finding the ring.  She was given her reward of 500J, which was honestly not very much, but money hadn`t been Allison`s objective for this job request, anyways.  Emy Milton and her exchanged a hug, and then Allison slipped out of the young woman`s home, leaving her deep in her thoughts about her husband and the beautiful engagement ring that had caused all the trouble in the first place.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I WONDER WHEN THIS WILL ALL DISAPPEAR
    ❅STARING OUT OVER THE SKY, I SAY DREAMS ONLY, MAKE THE PAIN STOP. THEN I WAKE UP. NOTHING LASTS FOREVER❅

Solo Job: Find the Ring! PXRL2Kd
    CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 2:50 pm