Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande

David Aubrey
    David Aubrey

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande Empty David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande

Post by David Aubrey 2nd July 2012, 8:23 am

Name: David Aubrey
    Birthday: 24th July
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Special Characteristics: Heterochromia iridum [Right eye is dark blue, left eye is hazel], and several scars across his back

Personality:
    David Aubrey is a rather cheerful, gregarious and optimistic young man. He loved meet new friends and enjoyed himself in the company. Not just that, he is fond with his loyal Pergrandan black mare "Beck" as well as large breed dogs. To his friends, David never let them down after he gave his word and made a promise with them. It is also known that he spent his time at the seaside and gazed at the ocean tirelessly. He is an adventurer and wandering novelist who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande, a young man brimmed with full of enthusiasm and excitement.

Back in the past, David Aubrey came from noble family with military background in Kingdom of Pergrande. He served as a military officer in both Pergrande army and navy during Pergrande-Sin War. David was popular and well-respected for his courage, charismatic leadership and seamanship by his men. He is well-mingled and outgoing with his fellow sailors and soldiers in the tents while maintained captain-subordinates relationships with them on the battlefield. He cared each of his men as part of his family regardless their social status, and willing to make his sacrifice for their sake. He is more open, honest and friendly to others regardless foreigners or former-enemies. After the war, David Aubrey became one of Pergrande war heroes and he is known as "Lion of the North" due to he hailed from the north as well as his prowess in combat and charismatic leadership.

In truth, David described himself as "a man with bitter past and great guilt" and rarely shared his past with those he barely knew. Sometimes he shed tears when he remembered his deceased elven childhood friend and lover Ithilwen, who were killed before the end of Pergrande-Sin war. He hate himself for not protecting those he lost, and often drank his sorrows with alcoholic drinks. He also don't like those who brought up the topics of Pergrande-Sin War as well, which brought nothing but pain and bitterness to his ears.

Due to his military background, David knew his way around the battlefield. Not just a requip-magic user, David is adept in swordsmanship and marksmanship. He can strike with his sabre or basket-hilted sword when there is an opening or picking his enemies off with ranged flintlock mechanism weapons. He is also adept in horseback combat as well, especially with a lance or a sabre.

To him, a horse is not just transportation but a favorable and loyal companion to David as well.

- Wandering in historical places and ruins.
      David favored histories as well as legends of some ruins, he willing to stake his life for exploring them.

- Write new novels
      David always wrote new but unpublished novels about his adventures in several kingdoms and now he is looking forward for his new adventures in Fiore.

- Lounging
      At times when tiring or boring, David spent his time in a tavern either sipping a mug of ale or lying down under a tree.

- Those who fought alongside with him during Pergrande-Sin War
      Despite he wanted to forget the horrible war, David still remembered those who fought alongside with him and treated them as his good, loyal comrades.

Dislikes:
      - Cats
      David mentioned that dogs are more loyal than slumbering cats.

- Pergrande-Sin War
      David seen a lot of nightmarish things during his participation in Pergrande-Sin War and the memories had scarred him until now.

- Demons
      David have seen the mages of Sin summoned demons to fight by their side during Pergrande-Sin war and know what they're capable of.

- Corruption
      Corruption is the worst "crime" within David's mind, it will brought nothing but downfall of an individual or worse, a kingdom. It is known that due to the corruption of the royal sovereign, Sin declared war on Kingdom of Pergrande in the past.

Motivations:
      -Become an adventurer
      David determined to become an adventurer and decide to explore every kingdoms in Earthland, as well as discovering untold legends and secrets as well.

-Novelist
      David always recorded what he do when he was exploring some ruins or historical places in his diary. He determined to share his experiences with the whole world by publishing his works.

-Looking Adventuring Companions
      David is also looking for those who are thrilled with adventures and myths, and accept those who are ready to join him for an adventure.

Fears:
      - Call back To Arms
      If Pergrande is at war again with Sin or any other kingdoms, the King of Pergrande will summon David Aubrey once more for his service and he can't deny the royal decree.

-Arachnophobia
      David had arachnophobia especially with large or giant spiders. The reason he had arachnophobia because he were caught, webbed and dragged by a giant spider into it's lair when he was a child. Although he was rescued by his father and his soldiers, David still can't let the terrible memory off his minds, especially the giant spider's eyes.

-Assassins from Sin
      During the siege of Sin, David killed Prince Akkar as an act of revenge for his deceased lover during the confrontation in the Sin royal castle. Even after the peace treaty, there are those who are still loyal of the late Prince Akkar are on the hunt for David Aubrey.

General Appearance
    Spoiler:

Height: 5"8" / 178cm
    Weight: 136 lbs / 62 KG
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Heterochromia iridum [Right eye is dark blue, left eye is hazel]
    Skin Tone: Light-tanned
    Appearance:
    David Aubrey's appearance favored his late mother's side especially his thick black long hair and his eyes were complete Heterochromia, one is dark blue while the other is hazel. He also bear great resemblance of his father especially his long face. Due to his military training, David has a lean build in his physical appearance. Sometimes David tied his back hair into a short ponytail.

On his journey to his adventures, David wore a long brown leather coat with white long-sleeves cotton shirt and shoulder belt, he also have a pair of leather gauntlets as well. As for lower part, David wore a pair of dark brown breeches with musketeer boots. As for his head-ware, David put on a musketeer hat with white trim above his head.

Back when he was a captain in both navy and army, David wore on a dark blue frock coat with epaulets and white-lined collar and cuffs along a pair of white breeches and black leather boots. This uniform shared it's similarities with the Napoleonic War's British Royal Navy captain uniform in real life.

Guild/Council

Guild: Guildless
    Tattoo: None

Last edited by David Aubrey on 5th July 2012, 7:04 am; edited 18 times in total
    Emilia Hawke
    Emilia Hawke

Ysmir Ddvansebrom

Ysmir Ddvansebrom

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- Novice [250] - 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Shinigami Protection
    Experience : 87,500

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande Empty Re: David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande

Post by Emilia Hawke 2nd July 2012, 1:37 pm

OK I know this is a work in progress, but I wanna say this now while you are still working on it so you don't have more work to do. For your likes and dislikes, try to add a brief little description to each. You basically did that for the cats already. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a brief little explanation as to why he likes/dislikes those things.

Also your motivations. You have 3 of them, forgetting his past, wanting to be a novel writer, and a painter. Just separate them and again a small description with each as well. Forgetting his past seems self explanatory for what you already have explained about your character, so I personally won't really make you explain that one twice. And do the same for the fears when you get to them. Other than that, just finish up everything else normally and I'll check back when you're done.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande 471 David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande H05POqb David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande 471
    David Aubrey
    David Aubrey

David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande Empty Re: David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande

Post by David Aubrey 4th July 2012, 9:15 am

It is done, check him and if there's any corrections... please tell me. :D
    Emilia Hawke
    Emilia Hawke

Ysmir Ddvansebrom

Ysmir Ddvansebrom

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- Novice [250] - 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Emilia Hawke 4th July 2012, 3:30 pm

Looks really solid I must say. I really like the way you set up the likes, dislikes, motivations, and fears. It looks clean and professional I must say. It's different from how everyone else makes them look in their apps, I like that.

The only things you need now is just one more motivation and one more fear, then I'll definitely approve of this. Just one thing I need to ask. Is this based on a character from another anime/manga? I just ask because of the Pergrande War thing. I admit I'm not fully versed in everything about Fairy Tail itself, but I'm just not sure if there was a place called that. It's cool even if its something you invented yourself, creativity is always welcome here.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande 471 David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande H05POqb David Aubrey, an Re-quip adventurer who hailed from Kingdom of Pergrande 471
    David Aubrey
    David Aubrey

Post by David Aubrey 5th July 2012, 7:27 am

It's done and tell me here if there's anything I need to add or change.

And to your question, well not really... this is a character's concept art from a manga [can't find the translated ones but I'm sure that it was a manga which based on Napoleonic Wars] which been halted for a very long time since 2007 Dx. And for the personality, I kind of... mixed Jack Aubrey from Master and Commander novel with Horatio Hornblower from "Hornblower" TV series. XD And for Pergrande, it is a real kingdom in Fairy Tail's Earth Land map and it is the largest country, located in the easternmost part of the peninsula, linking it to the mainland. Here is the link from Fairy Tail wiki= Earth Land.

If you need me to change the personality, I will do that. ^^
    Emilia Hawke
    Emilia Hawke

Ysmir Ddvansebrom

Ysmir Ddvansebrom

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Emilia Hawke 5th July 2012, 8:54 am

Ah ok. To be honest, I don't think the personality is an issue in this case. Since it's basically a mix of two different people and not a complete rip off of either one, I believe it's pretty acceptable. Does not seem like its breaking any of the rules to me.

And since nothing else needs to be edited that I can see, I approve!

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 3:46 pm