Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Job; Find the Book

Dave
    Dave

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Swords
    Position : None
    Guild : Tartarus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,025

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Re-quip: Chaos Master
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Job; Find the Book Empty Job; Find the Book

Post by Dave 16th November 2013, 3:43 pm

Job Info:

Work, work, work. That's exactly what Shaku needed to keep his mind off of his guild master, one of the most famous dark guilders, disappearing without so much as a letter or recording lacrima. He was still new to the whole "work as a freelancer" side of the mage world, and the fact that he was unknown as a dark mage worked in his favor. Finding a book, how hard can it possibly be? Then again, knowing the kind of luck I have on jobs, it's probably much harder than it seems he thought while knocking on the wooden door on one of the village homes. A frail old voice called from behind the door to come in, as it was unlocked. I guess there's a reason it's called the peace village he thought to himself, pushing the door forward with ease and walking in to greet the one who called for aid. She explained how when she was younger, she very much enjoyed reading, but her favorite book, "The Illuminated Plains" was out of print and the only place to find it was the local library. And so it begins...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed
    S-Ranked: 0
    A-Ranked: 0
    B-Ranked: 2
    C-Ranked: 3
    D-Ranked: 5

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

Exp: 1025/3750
    Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Job; Find the Book Empty Re: Job; Find the Book

Post by Dave 16th November 2013, 5:43 pm

He stepped out of the small hut, closing the rather squeaky door behind him and waving goodbye to the nice old lady before walking towards the library. Hopefully they keep the placed organized somehow... like alphabetical sorting or something he thought to himself while observing his surroundings. It was one of the most quaint and calm villages he had visited thus far, and was actually trying to convince himself to move here. The people here are already so close to death, hell, some are even begging for it. Why not move here and fulfill their wish while satisfying my needs? There was no reason why he shouldn't move into this village. Overall, it was quiet, peaceful, basically unnoticed by the Magic Council and therefore the Rune Knights for obvious reasons. It was perfect. Sure, there are people who would call him a monster if they knew what he was really like and what he did every so often, but maybe he could become a sort of reaper for this village. His head was elsewhere, so before he knew it, he was standing in front of the library.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 16th November 2013, 5:54 pm

Shaku walked into the decrepit building, the faint sound of a silver bell ringing was heard when he walked in through the wooden double doors. The place was a wreck, the paint was peeling, the shelves were fading, the books themselves were torn, and the women behind the desk was asleep. At first, Shaku was worried that the bell would bother those who were busy drowning themselves in literary adventures, but that thought was soon erased when he realized that the surprisingly young women was the only one inside. Without much thought, Shaku rang the clean silver bell which contrasted with the overall gloomy tone of the building and the woman woke up, rubbing her eyes and yawning soon after. "Hmm... how may I help you?" she said wearily, apparently she hadn't gotten enough sleep already. "I'm looking for a book..." he said, but before he could utter the first letter of the book he was searching for, she stopped him. "You must be new to the village. If you're looking for a book, you're on your own"

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 16th November 2013, 6:04 pm

His first thought was that this was a lazy woman who would rather sleep during her work hours than help some stranger, like she was paid to do. This thought lingered, but instead of calling her out on her incompetence like many filled with anger would do, he simply asked her "Why's that?""It's because some rotten kids come in and prank the poor library, mixing up the books and tearing out the pages of the books. Without a proper police force, there's not much we can do to them. They are young, quick, and full of energy. Sorry, I wish I could help, but it's a big library and I need to watch the door." she told him, genuinely sorry that she couldn't be of more assistance. I knew something like this would happen. Oh well, at least I'm not surprised by such a turn of events. All I can do now is look for that book. he thought to himself before turning and walking down one of the aisles of shelves. This is a much bigger library that I thought at first. It might take longer than I thought to find this book.

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 16th November 2013, 6:23 pm

Curious to see the condition of the seemingly destroyed books, he took one and opened it up. The book was titled "For Whom the Bell Tells", he didn't really care for the actual content of the book, he was more interested in the overall quality of the words and if they were faded or not. As expected, it was in very poor condition, he would be lucky if the book he was looking for would even be legible. Either way though, he was going to get his reward, so with a breath, he put the book back and continued down the corridor. The farther back he got, the more a certain noise because audible. It was kind of like the skittering of rodents combined with whispers and rattling of who knows what. It's probably those damn kids who've made my job much harder than it should be he thought while scanning the shelves left and right. He felt that the book had a good chance of not even being here and he was just wasting his time.

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 16th November 2013, 6:35 pm

He felt a sharp pain in the very back of his head, but not just that, it was more like an impact of an egg shaped projectile. What in the guild's name? he thought, a bit peeved at the fact that someone even thought of attacking him in an establishment like this, in the peace village of all places. I'm sure it's those kids that the clerk was telling me about, and if anyone knows where the book I'm looking for is, it's definitely them he thought, immediately bolting down the corridor towards here the projectile hit him. About halfway down, he slipped on round objects, most likely marbles, hitting the floor with a thud and causing him a bit of a headache. If I pretend to be knocked out or dead, they'll come, I just know it he thought, waiting there for a good ten minutes. Wow, these are some of the worst kids I've ever come to meet, how could they prank someone and leave them to suffer. They'll get no mercy from me

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 16th November 2013, 6:42 pm

Shaku slowly got up off the ground, and the moment he actually took any sort of action, small whispers began. Although he couldn't hear them, he assumed they were talking about him being fine and how they were oh so much smarter than the stupid adult outsider that was trying to get something done in *their* library. The mere thought of them even considering such things really bothered him. They were so ignorant to think their actions wouldn't have consequences, as all do, because of the fact they were so young. Their hubris is what will get them caught and into so much more trouble than they could imagine. Maybe I should kill them, do the village a favor and get rid of the cancer that disturbs the peace of the village, because none of the elders are going to do it. I'll make the final judgement when I finally meet face to face with the group he thought before walking around into the next row, quickly coming to a sprint down the row.

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 16th November 2013, 6:51 pm

It was soon apparent that they were hiding in this row, as he could eventually make out shadowy figures and voices yelling things such as "run!" or "he's fast!". Soon, they would be cornered like the rats that they were, pests, trouble makers that wasted their time making others miserable. They took a right turn and he did too, they made another right turn and so did he, they weren't going to get away from him, not when he was so close. "Stop!" he yelled out to the dimly lit figures running from him, only to be met by mocking sounds and raspberries being blown at him. "You're never gonna catch us! Old man!" one of them yelled. They have no idea what they're saying at this point. Challenging me to catch them was the last thing they want to do he thought while increasing his speed. With a jump and extension of his hands, he was able to grab one of the slower kids ankles, causing both of them to fall to the floor.

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 16th November 2013, 6:58 pm

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! Please don't tell my grandma!" the kid yelled while Shaku held him down with a foot on the kid's chest. There were two others, curing him and telling him to let their friend go. At least they're loyal. And that's what's going to get me that book he thought, staring closely at what one of the kids was holding. They must have eavesdropped on me back at the old woman's house and taken the book, so even if I searched the whole place up and down, I never woulda found the book. Conniving... his thoughts trailed off as he began to speak. "I'll give you kids two very simple options. Either you hand me the book and you all leave unharmed, or I kill all three of you and the book is mine anyways. I prefer the first option, it's less messy" he said, causing a face of dread to appear on the children's faces. He was obviously bluffing about this, for when he killed, he made sure he wouldn't be caught, and too many people knew he was here, so killing was out of the question.

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 16th November 2013, 7:07 pm

The decision was clear, and the kid didn't even doubt him. He threw Shaku the book and Shaku raised his leg from the mortified kid, causing them all to scurry away like rats. I'll definitely have to get rid of them first if I move here. he thought with a smile while waving goodbye to the less than helpful lady that ran the front desk, such a lonely job, maybe I can become an assistant here and help reorganize and get the library back to its former glory, if it ever had one. With the book in hand, he traveled all the way back to the client's dwelling and handed her the book, which was in surprisingly good condition considering the environment it was in. She looked very happy when she gave him his reward and gestured him to let himself out so she could read the book and have a trip down nostalgia lane. Another job well done, another group of people frightened by me, and another potential place to call home, this was a success in more ways than one Shaku thought with a smile while shaking his leather bag of jewels just to hear their jingle jangle inside.

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Christmas Event Winner- Hero- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Mentor : Memnarch
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Tergiversation Arts
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aria Beleren 16th November 2013, 7:15 pm

Approved

Themes:

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 8:34 pm