Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

BBQ.midi

Altarias
    Altarias

Player 
    Lineage : Graceful Siren
    Position : None
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 15,619

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

BBQ.midi Empty BBQ.midi

Post by Altarias 23rd May 2023, 5:30 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    Damage Taken:N/A
    Healing:N/A
    MP Used:N/A
    Buffs:N/A
    Other Notes:N/A
    ~

"It was a cold, rainy night..."

"Tony, it's eleven in the morning and there's not a cloud in the sky."

"Not hide nor hair of a soul had been seen within the voluminous walls of Era's headquarters for the Rune Knights."

"There are so many people here, Tony."

"But! On the wind, carried by the musty rain, the private eye could smell it!"

Brit sighed. "What, you smell a case or something?" she muttered, opting to just play along with her eccentric brother.

"Ah! She'd finally learned the rules! But no, there were no cases to be had. Instead, it was the sweet, sultry smells of barbequed ribs."

Brit blinked. "I mean, yeah. There's a big barbeque happening outside for the summer festivities. You've known about this for like... months at this point. We brought corn on the cob from mom and dad yesterday, Tony!"

The broad-shouldered would-be detective-in-training of the Rune Knights mused in silence for a moment. "Ah, yeah I guess that's true. Well, what're we waiting for! Let's go and get some grub!"

Tony rushed out of the small breakroom he often liked to hole up in - a break room that seemed to have much less use, possibly because of the weird, scruffy Archive user. Britney sighed, following after him, but upon exiting, she nearly ran into someone. He was a similarly black-haired individual to the two Altarias, someone who she hadn't been formally introduced to as of yet, but still someone she was at least passingly aware of.

"Oh! Obi, is it?" she asked, before offering a hand. "I'm not sure if we've met yet. I'm Britney Altaria. I'm guessing you saw my weird brother rush off. Big guy? Bigger coat? Despite it being way too warm, I know. Anyways, I figured I should at least ask if you have any plans for the Sommarsun festivities around here. Our parents always told us that we should try our best to get to know our co-workers."

WC: 0330 | TWC: 0330

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

_____________________________________________________________________________________

BBQ.midi GMALSW8
    Obi
    Obi

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Faction : Rune Knights
    Experience : 450

BBQ.midi Empty Re: BBQ.midi

Post by Obi 23rd May 2023, 8:21 pm

“Heheheh…” Obi giggled as stood in front of his locker, removing his Combat Corps armor piece by piece and stowing them into his locker. Ever since he had heard about the Sommarsun Festival and the various activities that will be held, he had been looking forward to it since weeks ago. Today was the first day of the festival and he had already planned where he was going to go, after getting off work.

“Obi, stop that giggling man. You’re creeping me out,” Sam said as he poked his out from his locker door, his locker just right beside Obi’s. The team had just returned from their patrol and were changing out of their armored uniform to clock out. As it was the first night of the festival, everyone already had their own plans. Although plans for the Inox Squad to gather up for a fun night was being discussed.

“You got a date or something, Obi?” Tone asked as he turned his head around, anticipating Obi’s answer. Everyone knew that Obi Hinata was nothing but a musclehead, an idiot who only wanted to train and fight and train and fight. They were quite curious to know if the opposite sex had ever popped up in his mind.

Even Haya Taka, their squad’s no-nonsense vice leader, who was a few doors down the right of Obi’s locker had quickly popped his head through the collar of his fresh T-shirt and waited for an answer.

“Nah. Even better guys! Two words! Free BBQ!” Obi shouted with a huge grin as he arched his back slightly and began punching into the air exuberantly. “I could hardly control myself with all that BBQ smell on our way back. Woohoo!”

“I shouldn’t have expected anything,” Haya grumbled, loud enough for the guys in his squad to hear it as he slammed his locker door and left the room. “Don’t party too much guys!”

“Hahaha! Our vice leader sure said it,” Tone replied as he finished up the rest of his routine and picked up his sling bag, slinging it over his shoulder and then giving Obi a light shove. “Don’t black out from overeating, Obi. See ya.”

“What’s wrong with the vice leader?” Obi asked Sam with a confused look on his face. “What did he mean about his expectations?”

“Erm. Don’t sweat it. Come on, are you ready to go?” Sam replied as he sat down on the row of benches between the lockers. He set down the red and white sneakers that he had taken out of his locker before closing it and began putting them on.

“Oh no! I’m the last again!”

-----

“See you tomorrow,” Sam remarked with a casual wave as the two of them stepped out of the Rune Knight headquarters and walked off.

“See you tomorrow!” Obi waved him off enthusiastically before turning around to marvel at the BBQ station that was set up on the street the Rune Knight HQ was on.

Just as he was about to walk out, a tall black-haired guy rushed past him. Obi caught only a glance of that guy. The guy was one of the few slightly older ones, with a very matured appearance. That and the guy often spoke like narrator. He was one of the odd ones, a group that Obi was frequently lumped in to, much to his disbelief and confusion.

Obi turned around when he heard a female’s voice from behind him. It was the sister.

“Yup, I’m Obi Hinata. Hi, Britney, great to meet you,” Obi replied with a grin as he held out his hand to shake hers. He wasn’t very good at making small talk so he was grateful that Britney had opened up the conversation.

“Haha, yea, that’s your brother, Tony right? I was going to pig out at the street BBQ. It’s free!” Obi exclaimed gleefully when he thought back to how tantalizing the aroma of the BBQ was, and the glistening meat so perfectly seasoned and grilled.

“Wanna join me?” Obi invited as he pointed to the street BBQ stations. “If the street BBQ isn’t your thing, I can get you something from the food stalls too. They looked awesome as well when I was walking past them. Everything’s free!”

[709 words]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Obi Hinata
    Magic Type / Name: Combat Arts / Ignition
    Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 16th June 2023, 9:06 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

Britney gave a warm smile. "Yes, that'd be lovely. I'm sure Tony's probably enjoying the barbeque as we speak..." She sighed. "And again, I know I say it every time, but I really am sorry about Tony's...Tony-ness. Sometimes he gets overeager and decides that he wants to do things at his own pace." She slapped herself on the cheeks, steeling herself. "But... this is a time that I'm supposed to be concerned about just me. It's time for sitting back, relaxing, and eating some good food, right?" Another warm smile crossed her face as she started walking out, assuming Obi would follow. "Sorry that I don't really know too much about you. I mostly have to... babysit Tony, for lack of a better phrase. We're both in the Specialty Corps, since he wants to be a detective, if the narration didn't give that away. I suppose next up would be asking about your magic, if you have one. I know a lot of people don't have a magic, and that's something becoming more and more common of late for people of note. Tony's got Archive magic, surprisingly, and I had a lacrima implanted into me for a..." The black-haired girl looked up as her arms locked behind her head, thinking deeply. "...I think they called it a 'Mimic Slayer' Lacrima? It's a really weird one, don't know where my parents got it from. Guess they felt a bit bad about how I also just had Archive, but mine was a lot worse than Tony's. Now I...well, you know those dragon slayers? It's one of those, but I can do any element. It takes a while for that element to 'flush' out of my system, I guess? Not terribly useful in combat, but that's fine."

By the time she finished talking, Tony had approached, a plate in each hand. In one was a surprisingly large pile of barbeque sauce-soaked ribs, fairly haphazardly stacked on top of one another. In the other was a single, albeit hefty, burger, surrounded by a selection of assorted fruits and vegetables, most of which looked untainted by the near county fair-esque feeling of the stalls of food around. "Oh! Why hello! Obi Hinata, right? I suppose Britney probably just ran into ya when coming to follow me. When there's a bunch of food, I just can't resist." He gave a big, dopey smile. "I'm sure we're both a bit willing to share some food if you want. They got some picnic benches and blankets laid out for everyone to use." He started walking towards a nearby hill with the benches and blankets laid out. "A new friend? Tony wondered..." he said under his breath, eliciting a sigh from Britney. "He was a somewhat familiar face. Obi Hinata, of the combat corps. Inox Squad? The names trickled into the back of his mind as he recalled meeting the friendly young man. Indeed, in his time within the Rune Knights, Tony had begun to really learn the names and faces of just about everyone who frequently was at the headquarters in Era. It was his business to know as much as possible, after all..."

WC: 0527 | TWC: 0857

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

BBQ.midi GMALSW8
    Obi
    Obi

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Faction : Rune Knights
    Experience : 450

Post by Obi 22nd June 2023, 8:29 pm

The smile that Britney made played on the heartstrings of Obi, reminding him of someone he had left behind back in Midi because of his own selfish reasons. Obi tried to smile back at her but his mixed emotions caused his expression to falter slightly and he quickly turned his face slightly away to hide it.

“From what I’ve heard, Tony’s somewhat quirky but he’s a great guy, isn’t he? I’m still new to the Knights but I think everyone likes having him around,”Obi quickly spoke out, mildly alarmed by Britney’s sudden act of slapping her cheeks.

“And if we want to compare Tony’s Tony-ness, as you put it, I think there’s a ton more weirdos hanging around in the Knights.”

A bunch of faces quickly swept through Obi’s mind when he spoke, causing him to grin mischievously.

“Yea, let’s just enjoy the rest of the day. Frankly, I don’t really know the two of you too well too. I’ve only seen you guys from afar or heard about you guys in passing conversations. I mostly hang out with my team mates,” Obi said with a shrug. “Let’s make this day special by letting me get to know the Altaria siblings better eh? Over lots of food, of course.”

Tony approached just at the right time, with Obi slowly beginning to worry that he was running out of ammo to boost Britney’s mood.

The two plates in the man’s hands caused Obi’s eyes to widen, and his mouth to slightly open. It took all his control to keep his tongue in his mouth. A full plate of ribs and a huge burger on the other. The fruits around the burger didn’t even register on his food radar.

“Hi! Yup, you can call me Obi. Man, you really know your way around what’s the best they have to offer around here too huh,” Obi laughed excitedly.

“That burger looks real good, but I think I saw a stall preparing some pulled beef ribs burger that I really wanna get my hands on.”

“How about you guys get a seat first and I will join you guys right after I get my burger?” Obi sped off without even waiting for a response, missing Tony’s whispered monologue.

“Wow…” Obi could feel his mouth watering as he arrived at the burger stall. However, before he could focus on the burger stall, his attention had been grabbed by the stall to the right. It was a stall that exhibited a large range of potatoes in every type possible: tater tots, hash browns, waffle fries, steak fries, shoestring fries amidst more and finally the king of them all, poultine. Obi could feel his eyes glaze over as he looked at the golden sight before him, wondering if he could possibly eat every one of them.

“Sir, I will have one mixed plate of waffle fries and steak fries please! And another plate of poultine!”

With that done, Obi finally walked back to the burger stall and order a pulled ribs burger, the gargantuan size of the burger ensuring that he would be content and full by the end of the night.

Obi walked gingerly, careful not to spill any of his food as he balanced three plates of food in hand, weaving through the crowd of people thronging the different food stalls as they searched for their favorite food.

When he finally found the siblings, Obi proudly set down his plates down and clapped his hands together, shouting “Itadakimasu! Let’s eat!”

[586 words]
    [Thread WC: 2152 words]

Name: Obi Hinata
    Magic Type / Name: Combat Arts / Ignition
    Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 3rd July 2023, 10:29 am

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

"Of course the Midi-born coworker would speak Midian as the food arrived..."

"Oh boy..."

"Itadakimasu!" he said, clapping his hands and giving a bit of a bow. "Perhaps this was a time for Tony to show off his knowledge of the Midian language. After all, he had taken a few years of Midian in school, and he was more than familiar with some of the basic phrases. While never the best, he was knowledgeable to hold conversation with a native speaker, provided they didn't go too far into the realm of colloquialisms."

"There's only one Tony, Obi. No one more Tony than Tony." Brit shook her head, taking a big bite of her burger. "I'm so glad the food here is free today. What sort of magic do you have, Obi? I know I need to eat a lot because of mine, but some people don't need to eat all too much."

She waited for his response, and afterwards seemed to zone out a bit. "Magic is such a weird thing. I mean, you can have people who're twins with entirely different magic. And some people have certain magics come to them naturally, while some have magic put into their system. You'll have things that aren't useful for combat and things that aren't useful outside of combat, and it's just... and then there's people without magic? Still..." After a few moments of silence. "Me and Tony are looking to go out and about more often. I know you have your team with you usually, but would you mind if we joined you for a mission some time? Just as a joining thing. I know it would probably be a bit weird to join your squad fully when we're outsiders."

"Outsiders..." Tony said, already having stripped four ribs of all their meat. "It was a strong term, but not entirely inaccurate. Inox Squad was a well-oiled machine from all the reports Tony had heard. Simply adding in two more people would be more than just placing them within the team and leaving it at that. Even if I were to be positioned as a strategist, I could never account for the sheer chemistry long-time partners would have. And while Britney was much more malleable than her older brother, there would still always be the difficulty with making oneself part of the team. Perhaps time spent beforehand in order to acquire a complimentary element would be beneficial, it could also be useful to double up on the capabilities of another."

Brit raised an eyebrow at Tony. "Well, he's not wrong. There's a lot of options for what we could do. And even if Archive isn't great for combat, Tony's still a good shot."

"Yes!" Tony said, breaking out of his mini trance. "Ah, sorry for the noise. I've been training my shooting and hand-to-hand for a while now. Because she's a slayer, I'm never going to be as strong in combat as Britney, but I still want to be able to fight in the situation that things get a bit difficult. Though I haven't had any live sparring yet..."

Britney gave a soft smile. "Live sparring is really painful, Tony. I know I've had my butt kicked more than once when fighting against people to just learn how to fight properly and use my magic." She then turned to Obi. "How do you guys train?"

As soon as she asked, Tony leaned forward, like a kid excited to learn anything, even as he stuffed his face full of even more summertime food.

WC: 0591 | TWC: 1448

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

BBQ.midi GMALSW8

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 11:53 am