Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Premade Spells

Magicite
    Magicite

Main Account- Custom Slayer- Dragon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Eevee- Job Creator- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Christmas Event Winner- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Magician's Spirit
    Position : None
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Luminous Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 25,299

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Lineage Magic
    Second Skill: Cavern Slayer Magic
    Third Skill:

Premade Spells Empty Premade Spells

Post by Magicite 23rd September 2021, 6:02 am

While I'm technically a returning member from 2012, I count myself as brand new here. If it wasn't for the fact I'm good at research and have been on similar sites, D&D, etc I would have been completely lost when it came to the magic section and making my magic. Even now I'm not sure I did it right.

I think something that would help new members joining is to have a list of premade D rank spells. Examples they can plug into their character. Much like the premade lineages. I could see the complicated nature of the system turning people away. It wouldn't need to be an expansive list. Maybe a few spells of each type, caster, blood, summon, etc. You could even make an event out of it. Create D rank spells and earn X something.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Saraphina
    Saraphina

The White Queen

The White Queen

Administrator- Moderator- Main Account- Quality Badge Level 1 - Quality Badge Level 2 - Quality Badge Level 3 - Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Job Creator- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved! - Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage! - Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Blizzard's Frostburn
    Guild : Errings Rising - GM
    Cosmic Coins : 545
    Experience : 1,361,997

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Aspect of Divinity
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Premade Spells Empty Re: Premade Spells

Post by Saraphina 25th September 2021, 11:49 am

This will be coming from me as both a member and a staff member simultaneously, but not an official staff answer to this for now so other members can give a response.

So I also play D&D and am familiar with the fact that they have premade spells, I also play a game called Interstitial and they have premade abilities too. To me, it feels limiting sometimes if you don't have a GM/DM who allows homebrewed spells or let you get super creative with a spell. Yes, sometimes it is easier to have premade spells, but at the same time I feel it could make some newer people think they can't create whatever spells they wanted afterwards and might make them feel stifled.

Even though we tell people they can forgo using stats and go statless, they still feel daunted by the 'rules' so I really personally don't see any difference happening with putting more work on staff by having them make, or even grade in the case of a contest, potential premade spells for people as there are a lot of magic types (14 total), and if the premade spells were to be made for pvp purposes, there are a few spell categories (4) and spell types (4 (5 for extra spells bought or C rank and up if we're to include slightly higher ones too)) as well. It would be quite expansive as it is many different spells total, and magic types like Summoning, Take Over, and Requip have additional abilities to them to top it off (1 - 2 abilities per). And if we want to give people options of premade, there would need to be a few spells of each category and type as well as for advanced spells as well. Total for a single round of spells, that would end up about 11 magics total (D rank to H rank) with the abilities and advanced spells.

Additionally, if we were to do a contest, that doesn't mean people are going to necessarily spread about the spell type list, which would result in staff more than likely having to make these spells as well regardless.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Magicite
    Magicite

Main Account- Custom Slayer- Dragon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Eevee- Job Creator- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Christmas Event Winner- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Magician's Spirit
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Luminous Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 25,299

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Lineage Magic
    Second Skill: Cavern Slayer Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by Magicite 25th September 2021, 5:19 pm

I see where you are coming from. I wouldn't want people to feel their creativity is being tromped. However, I think even some of them would see a premade and could edit it from there to suit their needs. I would also specify, make your own or look at these premades. There is just so much to take in as a new person here.

I also didn't consider the time on the staff members, that is on me.

While I do think it would be a nice feature. I am now questioning if it's even worth it lol.

Saraphina
    Saraphina

The White Queen

The White Queen

Administrator- Moderator- Main Account- Quality Badge Level 1 - Quality Badge Level 2 - Quality Badge Level 3 - Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Job Creator- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved! - Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage! - Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Saraphina 25th September 2021, 9:03 pm

I also think it would be a nice feature too, and I see what you mean about editing premade spells, but I think it's just way too many spells to even 'premake' as one single spell of each category and type for each magic type would be 300 normal spells alone, if we were to add in advanced and make multiple premades, that would quite easily get way too big. In the long run, it honestly might be good, but we only have so many people on our staff to approve and/or make spells on top of our other duties as staff members of the site and as members as well. I'm just not sure it would be too feasible.

Saraphina
    Saraphina

The White Queen

The White Queen

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Saraphina 26th September 2021, 4:11 pm

As it was stated that there would be way too many spells to do and/or grade at current for this idea, this is being rejected, locked, and moved.

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 4:11 pm