Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Rise of the Skydancer

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 
    Lineage : Rage of the Soul Torn
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,300

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sky Dragon's Dance of Life
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Rise of the Skydancer Empty Rise of the Skydancer

Post by Velvet Skydancer 11th April 2020, 11:42 am

Velvet

Skydancer

Word Count: x/y
    Tagged: -
    Job:

Female Human Baby - Aged 7 months

The great Sky Dragon Hraesvelgr looked down at the tiny human being, his ancient, cold heart breaking at the sight of the poor thing; her eyes, blue as the sky above and yet glazed so that she could never see it. The baby girl's mouth opened and closed as tears streamed down her face, yet no sound came out. Defenceless, lost in all sense of the word and worst of all, left alone to perish for that of which she had no control. It was more than the Sky Dragon could take, and the urge to find those who left her was strong. But his urge to save her was ultimately stronger. "Worry not little one...it seems fate has something in store for you after all..."

Female Human Child - Aged 5 years

The young girl's eyes were closed tight in concentration, her hands balled into fists at her sides as she tried and tried to do as Hraesvelgr had asked; today she would talk. Today she would finally have her voice be heard. "You are too tense child. Relax your muscles." the mighty dragon spoke softly. A sigh of air left the girl's lips. Her body loosened, her fists unballed and she nodded, more to herself than to her adoptive parent. "Now...what do you wish to be called? Clear your mind. Feel the air around you and call to me through it. Tell me your name child."

The girl tried her best not to tense, and instead focused on her name. What was she called? She didn't know. She'd never had a name before. Hraesvelgr hadn't named her, as it was his will for her to name herself. But she'd never really thought about what she wanted to be called. Laila? Nah she didn't feel like a Laila. Harriet? No, that was not at all the name she wanted. She began to tense up again but Hraesvelgr's voice came through once more.

"Relax. Breathe. And speak."

She tried to relax but her mind was racing. Too many names were flying through her head, too many words and too many emotions. But as tears trickled down her little cheeks she could see it - one word. One name that pushed through. Now she just had to get that name out to Hraesvelgr. He arms moved, her hands stretching out so that her fingers could feel the air around her, just as she'd been taught. She could feel it. Her fingers wriggled, judging the air, manipulating it to her will.

"Velvet."

Her eyes shot open at the sound. What was that voice?

"Say it again. What is your name child?"

"Velvet! My name is Velvet!"

She couldn't fight the smile on her face, and tears streamed freely down her cheeks. That was HER voice? That was her VOICE!?

"MY NAME IS VELVET!" Though her mouth remained closed, her voice burst proudly through the air.

"Yes, your name is Velvet. Velvet Skydancer. You are my daughter. And you are incredible." Hraesvelgr replied, unable to hide the pride in his own voice.

Velvet looked up at Hraesvelgr and, though in her eyes he was simply a large blue blob against a white backdrop, she could feel that he was smiling. And through teary eyes, she smiled back.

Velvet Skydancer - Aged 15

Several feet in the air, blue hair flowing beautifully and with movements as gentle as the breeze was Velvet, her motions never once losing their crispness, her arms and legs flowing as if they were one with the sky around her, willing the clouds away. Her eyes were closed only for the sake of focus. Though she couldn't see it, a mixture of blue and green magical energy flowed around her, wrapping itself around her arms and legs yet never restricting her movement. For every step that she took more magical power would spring as if from nothing and add to the aura that was growing around her. Before long she was a beautiful, swirling mass of colour, the magical energy bursting from her like ribbons through the air, painting the sky around her as if it were her canvas.

Hraesvelgr watched from below, a mixture of pride and sadness overtaking him; today was the day. She'd learned all she could from him and his own time was running short. He'd hoped to have more time, just a few more years. Alas fate had called to him. He wanted to let her dance some more, to paint with the colours of the wind in a way that only she could. But there was no time now. He'd left it too late. It was now, or never.

"Velvet."

The girl broke from her focus, and with it the magical aura dissipated into the wind. She looked around for a moment, unable to see where Hraesvelgr had spoken from and clearly unaware that she'd floated several feet above where she had been when she started. "Down here child." the dragon called. Velvet chuckled silently and gently floated downwards towards her adoptive parent. "Father." She smiled at the dragon for a moment but then she felt it - by speaking through the air she had felt the presence of something malignant. Dark. Her smile fell as she tried to pinpoint it's location, and then her mouth  opened as she realised its source; Hraesvelgr.

Father...what's happening? she asked, unable to keep the fear out of her voice projection. She could hear him chuckle softly yet sadly. "Even dragons don't live forever child. Especially the afflicted...ah but I didn't tell you that did I?" The cat-eared girl shook her head, the panic only getting worse. "Velvet, before I found you I hated man. You know this of course. But...the why of it." he began before laying down in front of the girl. She sat next to him and he laid his head gently in front of her, allowing her to gently stroke his cheek. "Man and dragon have a...difficult relationship. Many honour us for what we are. Some see us as Gods. Others see us as monsters. I fought some such humans long ago, many years before your birth and before perhaps the birth of your true family. I was struck then with a cursed blade, one that I gave no thought to. For many years I felt nothing from it. But then, a year or so before I met you, I began to feel its effects. It is leeching my life from me. As it stands...I will be a shell before I perish, my soul devoured and my mind broken while my body remains intact. I will become that which the humans feared me to be. "

Velvet's eyes were once again stained with tears but she was beginning to understand. There was one magic that she'd been taught, but forbidden to use and it was becoming clear now as to why. "You wish me to cleanse you...fully." Her voice came out as a whisper. The dragon groaned in response. "Sky Dragon Slayer magic has great healing properties. But when used on a dragon whose soul is barely alive? Yes Velvet, it will end me. But better that than to become...that. Many years ago perhaps I wouldn't have cared. But now? I cannot become that monster. Perform the cleansing Velvet. I would rather my last thoughts be of you than of the bloodshed I would cause."

It took some time before Velvet would agree, as Hraesvelgr had fully expected. But after an hour of the girl sobbing in silence and hugging him, she finally relented. She got to her feet and closed her eyes, tears still trickling down her face as the wind lifted her up in front of Hraesvelgr. She bowed to the great dragon - usually done as a sign of thanks but this time as a way of saying goodbye - and then she began. Just like before the winds wrapped around her in a blue and green magical aura, ribbons of raw magic flicking out with every graceful step she took. But this dance felt different. It felt...pure. Hraesvelgr smiled as the girl danced, his heart softening as the magic touched him, eating away the scourge that had afflicting him for all these years, but also leaving his heart weakened.

"Your name...is Velvet Skydancer. You are my daughter. And you are incredible."

His last words echoed as his body began to fade, itself becoming raw magic in the air that joined with that which was bursting from Velvet's body. Her motions become more emotional as she felt the great dragons presence closer to her. She wanted to fight it. She wanted to keep him. But she couldn't. And so she did the only thing she could think of doing - she embraced it. Today would be his first and last dance, and it would be their one and only dance together. The only dance she intended to ever have with another being in this manner...

Notes: N/A
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 11:14 pm