Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Proving one's worth

Killua
    Killua

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Phase Running
    Position : None
    Faction : The Ironheart Pact
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 663,926

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Thunder God Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Proving one's worth Empty Proving one's worth

Post by Killua 20th December 2019, 7:37 am

The winds blew harshly between the glaciers as a lone figure made its way through the snow at the bottom. Said figure was one Sara Ravencrest from the West Fiore Trading Company. Having some time of she decided to go and explore a place she hasn't been to, and what better place then the snowy, frozen plains of the Silent Glaciers. 'Who in their right mind will willingly come here' The deep voice of the beast that was contained in the petite girl had spoken in her mind. 'Me? Do I look like someone that was crazy.' She answered back, and continued to push through the snow that was almost at the length of her knees. It was good that she came more prepared, rather then in her normal attire with a skirt like the one that she usually wears. She wore winter hiking boots,pants that were better suited for winter with thermal underwear and a jacket with a clock on top to hide her head, with her camo scarf still hiding the lower part of her face from the cold weather, and lastly a backpack with some mandatory equipment if something would happen. It was a bit colder then she expected, but it wasn't cold enough to make her turn back and come some other time with even warmer clothing.

As she moved deeper and deeper into the frozen land, the winds started to grow stronger and stronger. It was getting quite hard to move and even with her whole face cover save for her eyes, she still had to put up her arm up in front of her eyes, in order to block the snow from going into her eyes as she was walking in the direction of the wind. 'You keep pushing forward in these winds, that I feel like if they grow even a bit stronger are going to send your tiny body flying backwards, what do you expect to find here' The beast asked her, as he watched through her eyes the current state of the outside world where they specifically were. 'I don't know something or nothing, its called exploring remember.' she retorted again and could swear that the beast growled in annoyance at her response. She didn't want to listen to the beast antics now, even when it was most likely the only thing she could talk to in hundreds of miles.

In the distance a small village or even a settlement could be seen through the harsh winds and snow falling everywhere around her. It was right next to a giant glacier that served to cover said place from snow and wind. As the winds were increasing getting stronger, Sara feared that there would be a blizzard soon and she would rather not walk in it, even being a mage she didn't underestimate mother nature's power. Speeding up through the snow, the young girl pushed towards the settlement to take shelter until the snowstorm died down. 

It didn't take long before Sara reached the settlement, it had a house and a small storage cabin. Moving towards the cabin Sara opened the door of it, see some preserved firewood and decided to take it and move it to the house. Inside the house there wasn't anything of interest at first glance, a simple home that looked like it was abandoned a long time ago. It was quite well built s it didn't let neither snow or wind to enter the house. She placed the firewood in the fireplace and dropped her backpack next to an old sofa. She took piece by piece from the firewood, and placed them in sort a cube like state, with smaller sticks in the middle that will be lit first to start her fire. From her backpack she took matches and a tinder kit that she brought with herself. It was long before she placed everything together and had a fire on her hands to keep her even more warm while she waited for the storm outside to die down.

Sitting on the sofa, Sara concentrated and not long after that she found herself in what the beast told her was her mindscape, and in front of her a lone slitter red eye looked at her, nothing else could be seen from the darkness around them. "What do you want" The entity that has been with her for the past ten years asked.  "I want to talk. Why do you treat me as if I will never be your equal?" She asked and the beast's eye stared into her a bit wider, as it had arched his eyebrow. "You are no where near my power child, with a single swing of my tails I could raise mountains, cause earthquakes through the world, you still have a long way to go before you can even comprehend my power." He bellowed at her, a singular tail moved through the darkness and that was for the first time something she would see more than his eye. "In power I still have a long way to go, and I sure that I understand your power. But this is not what I am talking about" Opposite of his loud response, she had calmly stated this. "Yet with all that power you still made a pact with my family, every other member of our family tree were partners with you... I was able to find the old dairy that explained so much about my family and about you." She stated and waited for a bit to see if he would respond, and when he didn't she continue. "In a way you became stronger over the years, as at first you had a singular tail, and from what I got your species's strengths come from how many tails you have, but you were different, instead of staying with that one and only, you grew mor-" "Indeed I have, I learned to adapt and grow stronger in order to keep my rightful place among the strongest." He cut her off and explained "And yet you need a host, someone to channel your powers through, and yet you still don't trust me as someone to be your partner." She said slight anger in her words as they continued to speak. She didn't know why but she never could keep her cool around the entity, he was calm most of the time no matter with what tone she spoke to him, save for the bellowing earlier.

"In order for me to treat you like an equal, you will have to prove yourself as a Ravencrest, like everyone before you, I will not give my power to someone that has yet to spread their wings." He said, closing his eye, indicating that there was nothing more to talk about as Sara waited for a few minutes to see if he would go to sleep like usual. "I'll prove to you that I can be your partner, your friend. I always wanted us to work together, and now I'll double my efforts to show you that I can do it!" She said, her voice slightly louder, the anger from before gone. Only determination was left in her eyes.

With a sigh she exited her mindscape and looked at the embers in the fireplace. Getting up and moving towards the window, Sara was pleased to see that the storm had died down and it was slow winds that echoed between the glaciers. What caught her attention was this strange sound, as if someone or something was walking on the snow. It wasn't long before she got her answer, from behind the glacier that was next to her, a beast of some kind appeared, a boar to be more exact, it was smaller then the house she was staying in or almost the same size, and the tusks that it had looked dangerously sharp. The strange thing about it, was that one half was covered in ice, but it still allowed him to move freely. The words 'I learned to adapt' echoed through her mind as she remembered what demon told her. The boar had also adapted to the harsh environment around him, with the ice armor that was on his left side of the body. 

What was also amusing to her that it had a pike sticking out from the icy body "Someone was hunting it." She said quietly. Suddenly the boar stopped and sniffed the air, in a second it turned towards her and growled, not long after it charged directly at her, faster then she expected. On pure instinct she dived to the side, as the boar barreled through the house, taking one half of it apart. She wasted no time and launched an attack at it, as three spears made of pure light appeared and were instantly directed at the beast itself. The spears were aimed at the ice on the beast's skin in order to test it. Her attacks were able to chip away at the ice but to her surprise it quickly regenerated, as if nothing had ever touched it.

The boar growled as it turned to her, Sara was preparing to dodge another charge, but to her surprise the ice on its body seemed to move before it moved it body forward a bit with icicles shooting towards her. Sara did her best to dodge the flurry of projectiles, but some of the icicle's were able to at least graze her, making a few cuts on her arms and legs. Sara panted as she felt the cold air hit her exposed skin at the torn places of her clothing where she was hit. 

'I'll just hit your exposed side then' She thought, her hands getting covered in the familiar yellowish glow that formed around her hands like gauntlets, a red hue covering her whole body afterwards as she prepared her attack. In an instant Sara rushed forward closing the gap between them in seconds, the boar attempted to impale her with his tusks, but in a faint light, she disappeared using her spell, before reappearing on his side where there was no ice. Sara smirked as she began her assault 4 swift strikes came down on it, but what she didn't notice was that the Ice on its body had moved like a defensive mechanism and now covered the side where the Calamity mage was. She was able to break the Ice, but was unable to deal any damage what so ever to the body of the boar, and as fast she broke said ice, it regenerated. 

'Do you need assistance with this' Her beast's voice appeared in her head. 'No, I can deal with this myself and show you that I am worthy of being your partner.' She said with confidence. It was time she showed up how much she has grown over the years without using his power. What Sara didn't know was that the demon smirked at her response, and got back to quietly watching her next moves.

Her eyes glowed with determination as she planned her next move. It was cut short as the boar charged her again, this time Sara wasn't surprised with its speed, and dodged easily, in an instant the ice on the boar's side extended like spikes, in an attempt to impale her. Before the icy spikes could impale her, a thick red ethereal rib cage appeared around her blocking the attack from the beast. The force of the attack was still enough to send her flying backwards in the glacier that was covering the now ruined how, effectively making a small hole in the impact. Stepping out of the hole, Sara had to quickly dodge by rolling to the side as the beast charged towards her. The whole glacier shook as the beast rammed into it, chunks of it flying every where around them. The rib cage around her disappearing as it made it hard for her to maneuver and get close to attack. Moving her hand to the side a small black orb appeared in her hand its white rings hovering around it, slightly above her two light spears appeared and she charged forwards. She had a plan on how to deal damage to it, she was going to use the small advantage that she could control and move the spears in the air when they were close to her.

When she got close enough the spears moved on the other side of the boar where the ice was. It was a gamble, if it could encase itself in ice, she would just be wasting magic power and eventually run out if she can't take it down. It seemed like luck was on her side, as she trusted the ball of energy into the side of the boar where there was no ice, and it didn't look like it was going to move to her side. While the light spears connected with the ice, her own attack didn't, as it successfully connected to its body, a pained scream was heard from it, before it was flung towards the glacier from the force of the attack.

Sara stood her ground, panting, as she watched where the beast collided with the wall of ice. She smirked victoriously as she turned around and began to walk away. A moment later she heard the same rumbling from before and turned around just in time to see the beast in front of her, his head moving to the left, hitting her and sending her flying to the side, rolling in the snow afterwards. She looked up from the snow to see the beast looking at her growling, one of its tusks broken. "Why won't you just stay down" The petite mage said as she got up with a grunt of pain, as her hand quickly moved to her left side. A faint light glow emitting indicating that she used a spell to heal herself a bit from the damage she sustained. Her mind was running a mile an hour of ways how to beat it. She didn't want to run from it, she wanted to beat it, to prove to herself that she has grown to prove to the demon inside her that she can take care of herself. 

'It looks like your in a tough situation. Mind if I join in..partner' Sara was at lost for words when she heard the voice of her demon speak, her eyes going slightly wide. The Demon saved her the effort of asking why as it spoke up again 'It seems that I've given you less credit then you actually deserve, your thought of a plan to attack and deal damage to him, knowing that it may not work, and even currently your mind is thinking of ways to defeat it. This was the perfect test for you, I thought that you would run away or call upon my power, and yet after getting hit by it so hard, you still wanted to beat it somehow. I like your guts, the same ones that your father had, so lets show him the power of your linage' It told her, as his power started coursing through her body. The raw ethernano filling her with energy. Sara just nodded her head with a smile, as the familiar red clock that resembled one of a fox like beast formed around her with the singular tail swaying behind her. 

She moved even faster this time as she charged him, the boar shooting icy spikes in attempt to stop her dead in her tracks, but this time she was too fast, and in a moment she appeared on his side where there was no ice, before it could move she had already hit him and when it finally reached the exposed side she had moved to the other one where there was no ice, and hit again with her clawed hands. Repeating this process Sara was finally able to deal a substantial amount of damage to it, making it stumble to the side. Even for a second she didn't let it recover, forming the same dark purple orb from before, and slamming it, into its side throwing the boar across the frozen field. Sara eyed the beast get up from the ground again 'Its tough I'll give it that.' She spoke in her mind 'It looks like it had enough.' The demon responded, as they looked at the now retreating form of the boar. She smiled at that, not wanting to have to end its life as it looked quite rare, and maybe someday there would be more. 

The red energy around Sara slowly disappeared, and her look returned to normal as the elongated teeth and nails reverted from their enhanced state. A large grin on her face, as she remembered the words from the demon inside her. 'So now you can tell me more about yourself?' She asked with a smile as she quickly entered her mindscape. 'Maybe some other time, first we need to make you stronger' The demon responded with a toothy grin. 'You will get to know me and see what I look like, don't worry kid' He said and Sara's smile grew even wider her eyes closing in her mindscape, returning to the real world. She went back to the small house or what was left of it at least and picked up her backpack that miraculously stayed intact and slung it over her back, she took one final glance at the area, and knew that even in this stormy icy place she would now have a great memory of it. Turning backwards she began to walk back from the way she came, the snow slightly lower then before. 'Where to now.' The demon inside her asked, as she smiled and continue walking 'Home' she simply said and began to trek back towards the West Fiore Trading Company, it was a long way back, but now at least she had someone to keep her company and they wouldn't have to argue that much. In the end they were partners weren't they. She still couldn't wrap her head around it, but she would finally be able to unlock her true potential to help her reach her goals.

Word Count 3043/3000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 1:44 pm