Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Is it worth it?

DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Terra
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 2,243,068

Character Sheet
    First Magic: [Second Generation] Ice Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Magic: - - -
    Third Magic:

Is it worth it? Empty Is it worth it?

Post by DOPPO 15th July 2016, 9:53 am

For as long as I could remember, as much freedom as you get on this amazing site we all call FTRP, there are limitations to even the simplest of things. What is that, you may ask? Dragon, Demon, and God Slayers. First generation, in fact. By FTRP definition, first generation slayers are slayers that have learned their magic (Of their respective elements) through the dragon, god, or demon themselves. Pretty awesome right? I can agree, but what I cannot agree on is the sense it makes out of character and in character.

I was told that the reason you have to apply for DS/DeS/GS (Dragon Slayer, Demon Slayer, God Slayer) is to limit them. But that in of itself is a contradiction because these slayers change as often as I change my clothes, and that is pretty often. They aren't limited at all if they keep changing. Hell, some who have respectively and was rightfully withdrawn from the position (Whether it was an individual request or some other circumstances, the most common one being inactivity) can come re-apply for it, like nothing ever happened. This may not seem like a big deal at first, but when you take into consideration there's only one slayer for each element, and for IC reasons being that there's only one of their kind, you can't just suddenly remember how to be a dragon slayer. That's not so simple. If there's one of every slayer's kind, then what sense does it make for those one-of-a-kind slayers to keep changing. If they can, then this means that dragons aren't 'gone' or 'extinct' at all. Because apparently Joe from down the street can find one under his porch and become a dragon slayer. Or this means that there are plenty of dragons to go around and teach people how to slay them. Because there have been so many, individual 'great dragons' that have taught previous and current slayers, that apparently you could find one under a rock at a park.

Next thing I'd like to oversee is more on an IC perspective. One reason I don't understand why people think that dragon, demon, and god slayers are limited is because I see demons, gods, and dragons in people's roleplays (Whether it be character history or commonplace) all the time. Some people have been raised by demons or gods or dragons (Dragons? Not so much) and were perfectly capable of being taught by them in order to gain the same capabilities as the people who feel that it is required that they apply for it. I don't understand the difference is being taught by gods/dragons/demons without signing up and being taught by them and signing up. I mean, they are all technically first generation slayers... by definition. And the demons/dragons/gods in first generation slayers' histories are so diverse and different, the next mentor could be a gay demon who sells bananas for a living, for all we care. This implies that any demon, dragon, or god could very well be the next mentor for the next first gen slayer. I mean, what's stopping them?

"Isaac, we still have to limit them. >.>"

I don't understand why people keep using this excuse to limit them. I mean, first and foremost, they aren't limited at all, and secondly, anyone could dominate 85% of the slayers that apply, so clearly it is not so OP that if people were to freely become a slayer (Which makes perfect sense with this site's logic) that suddenly the world would end. RPs would be ruined and shit would go down... it's not that big. If people want to be an overrated baby of a demon-god-dragon, let them. No harm done.

My Suggestion?
    - Remove the fee that must be paid to apply for DeS or GS.
    - Consider removing the sign-up requirements for slayer positions.
    - Make it so that if you have applied and been accepted before, and have been forcefully or individually withdrawn from the position, that you cannot apply again.
    - Actually explain why dragons, gods, and demons are one of the most commonly seen beings in character histories and individual environments, but somehow these people were miraculously the only ones who learned how to slay them. (Hell, some characters ARE dragons, demons, or gods. But why can't they teach other people slayer magic?)

Not trying to hate on it or anything..

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it?

Post by Guest 15th July 2016, 10:24 am

The thing is, mythical creatures are not extinct at all in game; in fact, I'm not even certain where you've retrieved said information. If these creatures were extinct in order for there to be Demon, God, and Dragon Slayers, why are we allowing people to have pets of them. You want to limit these slayers, so that the creatures can be extinct? All right. Then let's remove every character's pet that is a mythical creature. They don't exist, they're extinct, so why should they have a dragon for a pet when it's clear that they're not supposed to?

Secondly, I can start declining people who were previously removed from the positions, but what if they want to try for a different position and it's because of plot reasons? Because they've had a position before, does that mean I'm going to have to deny them the chance at getting the position to better their storyline? I think not.

Thirdly, by removing the ability to apply for DeS and GS via VIP status, you remove a big income factor to the site. If people no longer have to purchase VIP status to apply for slayer positions, then what is the point in having VIP status at all? People can simply claim that they have a dragon or demon, or god slayer lacrima and make their magic like any normal person. The site also loses out on income then, in which Seijin would not have the money to purchase the upgraded version of this site, thus, the site goes back to being a free-made site, and who knows, perhaps shut down.

Lastly, there should be no reason as to why we have to explain why a species is common in the game when they were never rare or extinct in the first place. That infringes upon creative rights.
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- God Slayer- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Legacy of the Fire King
    Position : The Vanquisher
    Guild : Infinity Hydra (Guildmaster)
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Hephaestus
    Experience : 420,643

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Flame God Slayer (3rd Gen)
    Second Magic: -
    Third Magic:

Post by Ardere Kasai 15th July 2016, 10:47 am

Tbf, the whole point of Lost Magic is that it is supposed to be extremely rare and even though it's canon lore, it is a core point of Fairy Tail as a concept that dragons are near extinct, demon not necessarily, and gods much like irl are debatable if they are even real. Like I said, I recognize that is canon lore, but that is a main part of the entire concept of FT and is carried on throughout the show and manga in it's entirety. Not saying I agree with what Isaac wants to do, but I do see what his point is. 

I think randomly changing magic in general, not just slayers, makes little sense IC. If people have legit plot reasons, that's totally coll, but no character should change their magic four times, that's just a fact. But in that same sense, they shouldn't be able to change their FC four times either, cause that makes little sense IC as well, once or twice not really, but four times yeah lol 

The points I'm making above are still just an opinion, and most people probably disagree, just trying to show where Isaac is coming from and the validity of the statement. 

But I do agree removing lacrima from VIP or the position part from VIP regular status to be a bit bad for income.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Is it worth it? FYZkfE1
    God Force:

Legacy Form:

Post by Guest 15th July 2016, 11:10 am

Fire King Ardere wrote:Tbf, the whole point of Lost Magic is that it is supposed to be extremely rare and even though it's canon lore, it is a core point of Fairy Tail as a concept that dragons are near extinct, demon not necessarily, and gods much like irl are debatable if they are even real. Like I said, I recognize that is canon lore, but that is a main part of the entire concept of FT and is carried on throughout the show and manga in it's entirety. Not saying I agree with what Isaac wants to do, but I do see what his point is. 

I think randomly changing magic in general, not just slayers, makes little sense IC. If people have legit plot reasons, that's totally coll, but no character should change their magic four times, that's just a fact. But in that same sense, they shouldn't be able to change their FC four times either, cause that makes little sense IC as well, once or twice not really, but four times yeah lol 

The points I'm making above are still just an opinion, and most people probably disagree, just trying to show where Isaac is coming from and the validity of the statement. 

But I do agree removing lacrima from VIP or the position part from VIP regular status to be a bit bad for income.

You have to remember though that FTRP is a noncanon site, it doesn't have to follow strictly to what is canon in the anime/manga. For instance, in the manga, Sky Dragon Slayer is no longer immune to the effects of motion sickness, yet it will remain immune here on the site.

Also, when it comes to FC changes, look to irl. We have men and women who look vastly different from their original selves because of transgender surgeries and the like.

As for magics, easy to explain why someone changes their magic; they're taught by a mentor and it overrides their original magic it.
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- God Slayer- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Legacy of the Fire King
    Position : The Vanquisher
    Guild : Infinity Hydra (Guildmaster)
    Mentor : Hephaestus
    Experience : 420,643

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Flame God Slayer (3rd Gen)
    Second Magic: -
    Third Magic:

Post by Ardere Kasai 15th July 2016, 1:47 pm

Just because we're non canon doesn't mean we have to say screw the source material, which we dont do lol People seem to use us being non canon as an excuse for stupid rules. (Not saying you are, I just see others do it) Yet we stick to the canon for a lot of other crap that we dont have to. 

People rp on Fairy Tail sites 90% of the time to rp Fairy Tail itself. Because they want their characters to be a part of that world, even if it's without the canon chars. So even if we cut out those canon elements, base canon elements should stay the same to emulate the world people come here to rp in the first place. I might be wrong, but that's what I like. I rp FT because I liked the show and manga, and I'd love to be a mage or in that world if I could, but it's not real, so I can't. And as such, I rp here and have on other FT sites.

Yeah but would these characters really WANT to change their appearance? I don't know any characters who have gender issues on this site, or characters who in their description it says they hate their own appearance. Changing one's hair color or eye color is one thing, but changing their body size and facial structure is a completely different thing.

Is it worth it? FYZkfE1
    God Force:

Legacy Form:

Knight of Zero
    Knight of Zero

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Blood
    Guild : N/A
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Celestial Star Show
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Knight of Zero 15th July 2016, 2:18 pm

Isaac wrote:

My Suggestion?
    - Remove the fee that must be paid to apply for DeS or GS.
    - Consider removing the sign-up requirements for slayer positions.
    - Make it so that if you have applied and been accepted before, and have been forcefully or individually withdrawn from the position, that you cannot apply again.
    - Actually explain why dragons, gods, and demons are one of the most commonly seen beings in character histories and individual environments, but somehow these people were miraculously the only ones who learned how to slay them. (Hell, some characters ARE dragons, demons, or gods. But why can't they teach other people slayer magic?)

1.The fee is large part of income of site.

2.If didn't have sign up then would have 3x the amount of Slayers walking around and same problems

3.For one part the reason people go inactive is not always their fault so making it so can't apply again is kinda bollocks when need it for story.

4. No perfect solution for this with system we have however have to say; those slayers who lose their position in couple months wont even make a dent in site history enough for people to be like "Oh yeah this person used to be a slayer" in a random convo. Also I get canon site though we can try and take away the idea that first gen need to learn from a creature of that type. For dragons and demons this can be explained(plus tbh how often is someones mentor a big plot point or affect other people) however should there really be 10 ice Gods walking around. Can have them learn from tome or maybe another slayer as said.

Main point im trying to say is that if they change slayers too much let them make a convluted plot to explain cause it wont affect you. The reason its limited isnt cause of power; its so we dont have a ton of them walking around. If for plot you really want to RP with a dragon, demon or god nothing is stopping you to do so without having slayer magic.
    Chrono
    Chrono

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Cursed Seal
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Experience : 450

Post by Chrono 15th July 2016, 4:12 pm

Slayer positions are limited. There's a list, describing how Slayers only appear in different forms - type of slayer, then attribute of slayer. Only one person can take a particular type of slayer with both aspects I mentioned. If someone's inactive for unmentioned reasons, it's only traditional to see that these people are reminded that activity is crucial. In this case, because demand to become a Slayer is so big to some people, staff take away Slayer positions from those who applied, then made no time of their newly acquired positions. After that, obviously a new slot is open, so someone new will take it. It's not the site's fault that people aren't making much activity out of their Slayer positions, and therefore having the list of Slayers change so much.

If someone is actually trying to make a loophole in the system and making their character remember that they were once a Slayer, then pursuing to become one again unofficially, report it. Those who are making their characters dragons, gods or demons are firstly allowing themselves to become living weaknesses to actual Slayers, and secondly creating subordinate dragons, gods, or demons, not something truly as powerful as one. It is also completely okay to say in your plot that you were raised by a demon, god or dragon. If you're not on the slayer list, then who cares? If your magic isn't a Slayer Magic, yet it derives from a god, dragon or demon, you are officially a weakness to a god, dragon or demon slayer.

Finally, who cares how good people are at being a Slayer? If 80% of players can beat a Slayer, cool. This site isn't all about fighting; it's about plot. Lastly, remember that this is an alternative universe we're role-playing in. As long as characters meet the site's rules, regulations, policies and standards, characters can be born from anything or anyone, be raised because of countless reasons, and still exist having something unique about them...also for various reasons.

I'm sorry if this looks like I'm throwing your suggestion out the window, because I do rate your bravery to address publicly what's on your mind, but you're just touching upon parts of the system that cannot be helped. If we get rid of the list, then you will indeed have Slayers born for the cheapest reasons anyone can think of. If we get rid of the fees, every player who paid for benefits will need their money back, and this site will just become free again, and eventually cease to exist after a while. If we disallow people from associating themselves with a dragon, demon or god without being a Slayer as a result, we destroy plot that could be of good use. Unless people are cheating, those who decide to implement dragons, demons or gods into their system are harmless. In the end, they're not a Slayer, and if they are indeed much like a dragon, god or demon, or exactly so, they are only giving themselves weaknesses to these Slayers (as mentioned), even if it's not pointed out in their magic. This was a very interesting argument you had though. You have a very philosophical mind, and I like that.

Is it worth it? CHRONOSIGGY_zpsy2d07lmt
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 15th July 2016, 5:30 pm

My question is.. Why are slayer positions limited? And why must they be limited?

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Chrono
    Chrono

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Post by Chrono 15th July 2016, 5:46 pm

Anastasia Isayev wrote:My question is.. Why are slayer positions limited?  And why must they be limited?

I feel like it is due to demand. If so many people didn't wanna become a Slayer, I doubt these positions would be limited, don't you think? I haven't registered on them, but I've seen other sites that have more than just Slayers limited.

Another thing could be to encourage creativity. All you really need to do is pick one of three types of Slayers, then an element, and you're set, right? With Takeover or Re-Quip - the other two that tend to be limited on other sites - you can still make countless innovations. Nobody has brought up Celestial Spirits either, and it is due to the same thing: Basics. You have twelve keys, and each key carries a specific spirit, with a particular amount of abilities - you cannot change this.

That's just my opinion though.
    HyperionX
    HyperionX

Player 
    Lineage : Magician's Spirit
    Guild : Black Rose
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Lighthouse Bay Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by HyperionX 15th July 2016, 9:05 pm

Speaking of IC reasons, I do believe we could find a justification for why these "common beings" Deities and Demons etc would not teach people about Slayer magic, thus adding to their rarity. For one thing, it's called Slayer magic because it's used to kill their own kind. Relatively speaking, that's a really stupid thing to just teach everyone who walks your way. It's possible that these deities don't want people to be able to murder their kind. Furthermore, this could actually cause an increase in the population of such denizens, and since the strategy of limiting what humans can learn their magic has worked thus far, well why change it? That's what the majority would think after all.

In the case where there is a large number of slayers, we have the newly large population of dieties and demons to thank for that! Since less people are being taught how to kill them, they got larger, and with the larger population there would naturally be some Gods that reject teaching humans i.e the God that raised my character, and some Gods that believed they should learn how to for any variety of reasons. All in all, this is just an idea to justify the way the system works because in all honesty any changes to the system may just prove to be detrimental overall.

|
    Is it worth it? Saria_11

Theme Song:
    Kite Wilhelm
    Kite Wilhelm

Demon King

Demon King

Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Power Of Apocalypse
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Experience : 801,130

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Flame Demon Slayer
    Second Magic: NetherFlame Demon Slayer
    Third Magic:

Post by Kite Wilhelm 16th July 2016, 3:48 am

Anastasia Isayev wrote:My question is.. Why are slayer positions limited?  And why must they be limited?
    It's considered a lost magic, a rare magic. A lot of people want to be slayers due their popularity. Keeping them limited recents everyone and their mothers from walking in and making a slayer.

Is it worth it? Gvf4gD8
    DragonPantsu
    DragonPantsu

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Daughter of the Dragon King
    Guild : Junaar
    Mentor : Herself
    Experience : 2,800

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Apocalypse Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic: Infernal Shadow Dragon Slayer
    Third Magic:

Post by DragonPantsu 16th July 2016, 5:29 am

I have not read any of the previous comments, only here to say fuck yes let me teach people BS Dragon Slaying magic XD That fits so well with how I am on this site now and would be dope as fuck.

I do agree on the whole people switching Slayer types like I change my damn socks *COUGH KIKU* is kinda bs and should honestly be toned down because holy crap it makes 0 sense in character.

Btw Heero trained with all the grand dragons of each element so everyone's parent dragon is irrelevant!!! I guess he just magically knew where to find my dad back when I used to run as the Ice Dragon Slayer XD

But I digress. I enjoy your suggestion mostly cuz I just wanna teach someone to legit be an Apocalypse Dragon Slayer instead of just having me run around as a plot NPC for some peeps. It'd be dope. Hate on the idea if you want idgaf :U

Is it worth it? Haretsa_by_ravenart5-d8uft6q
    "They call me 'H', 'cuz I turn asses to ashes!!"
    Is it worth it? Team-s10
    Haretsa's Theme's:

Magic  Vault of Shinies
    Chrono
    Chrono

Post by Chrono 16th July 2016, 9:32 am

DragonPantsu wrote:I have not read any of the previous comments, only here to say fuck yes let me teach people BS Dragon Slaying magic XD That fits so well with how I am on this site now and would be dope as fuck.

I do agree on the whole people switching Slayer types like I change my damn socks *COUGH KIKU* is kinda bs and should honestly be toned down because holy crap it makes 0 sense in character.

Btw Heero trained with all the grand dragons of each element so everyone's parent dragon is irrelevant!!! I guess he just magically knew where to find my dad back when I used to run as the Ice Dragon Slayer XD

But I digress. I enjoy your suggestion mostly cuz I just wanna teach someone to legit be an Apocalypse Dragon Slayer instead of just having me run around as a plot NPC for some peeps. It'd be dope. Hate on the idea if you want idgaf :U

Only thing I'm gonna comment on here is Heero. All of the grand dragons. People can have their stories based on dragons who aren't so grand. Of course, if someone who isn't a Slayer mentions that the grand dragon of fire, for example, helped develop their magic, then yes, I agree that it's irrelevant. Otherwise, not every dragon on this site has to be on the same level as the grand ones mentioned.

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 4:30 am